DC in fractals. no way to get back in

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Hunter.6950

Hunter.6950

As someone with limited play time – I’ve basically given up on FOTM. I’ve had so many runs aborted due to people getting DC’d that it’s just not worth the investment of time.

im glad they are working on it. im personally boycotting this dungeon until they fix it as i am fed up with the frustration this issue brings. i’d rather spend my time elsewhere in the game.

I’ve been doing the same thing. It’s almost been a month.

Dragons’ Solstice [SoL]
Maguuma Server

Posted by: dhodgie.6285

dhodgie.6285

Still a huge issue which was supposed to be the FIRST thing they were going to work on fixing several weeks ago. Apparently making cliffside the biggest waste of time in the game was more important than fixing the only bug in FoTM that any of the players care about.

Posted by: Bassman.9245

Bassman.9245

maybe someone suggested this already

why not make it like tournaments, where u can’t get out and if u do u automatically get back in (maybe do something to prevent switching characters)

Posted by: norsalba.3914

norsalba.3914

I’m really amazed this has continued with out more irrate people complaining about it.
This is a game-breaking issue for me and I would think for many others.

norsalba.3914

I had posted the following in General Discussion and the thread was closed and redirected here so ill post here again just to help fan the flames a bit so to speak:

So yeah,

I’d like to know when you are going to:

1. realize that fractal runs are a major time investment
2. acknowledge to yourselves that disconnect is a fairly common problem
3. admit that getting 3/4 through a fractal and then being locked out really blows for your players.
4. come to the conclusion that fractal content would be alot more popular if people didnt consider it such a pain in the axx specifically because of this problem.
5 start thinking about finding a way to allow people to rejoin their party after disconnecting
5. start doing something about it

Thanks

norsalba.3914

wow just reading through this thread and it seems as if you first responded to these complaints over a month ago.

What are you doing or what have you done about it that it has taken a month to get results?

What’s the problem?
1. do you not have enough staff or time?
2. don’t know how?
3. don’t have enough money to pay someone to fix it?

I mean I’m confused. What is the reason it has taken over a month to do something about this?

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

From the information available to me, seems having the programmers work on spectator mode for tpvp was a higher priority than fixing fractals

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

Posted by: Suplight.9081

Suplight.9081

Fractals is ruining the game for me, the DC issues are getting worse by the day, and its frustrating to get a dc when u are halfway through.
waste of time no loot and once again waste of time

Anet Fractals is the biggest failure u guys have ever made. even all the start up troubles is water compared to all the flaws in fractals. plz compensate ppl for all thir wasted time in Fractals.

Posted by: Altas.9064

Altas.9064

Almost never had problems running any dungeon, but FotM is pain. DC or game suddenly crashes. Never had client crashed since 25.08. (except few times in Wvwvw), but this crashes with fractals are annoying. Waiting for tomorrow patch and I hope for fix. If there’s no fix, goodbye. I didn’t paid to play buggy beta game.

Attachments:

Posted by: kiba.2768

kiba.2768

well. just spent about 7 hours running fotm only to crash when i load into maw every time.
3x 20 dailies ( every time we had cliffside last….2 hours for each run with pugs ><)
1x 10 daily

pretty strange since i didn’t have these problems until after last night’s new build

Posted by: azazil.9541

azazil.9541

I’m loling badly atm..

Why ? Cuz just checked : http://www.arena.net/jobs/

So they are actively looking for motivated people to join their team !

Here,,, one of their reason why working at ArenaNet could be your dream job:

A firm goal to dominate the online gaming industry, and the expertise and resources to do it.

Just a dream and dream within a dream.

And also " Current Job Openings "

Architect & Lead Developer Roles for ArenaNet
Audio Programmer
Character Artist
Data Analyst
Game Surveillance Unit Agent
IT – Systems Engineer
Marketing Copywriter
Mobile- Mobile Developer
Public Relations Manager
QA – Quality Assurance Tester (Contract)
Senior Programmer Roles at ArenaNet
Sr Recruiter
Technology Director
Web – Database Programmer
Web Developers for ArenaNet

They are recruiting about for months and looks like they need a whole team and i guess no one wants to join them

So guys are you really expecing a quick fix ?

Posted by: Laivine.9308

Laivine.9308

Many days passed since the last information about this problem. When should we expect a solution? Can you please inform us?

Thanx

Posted by: Darsha.9780

Darsha.9780

So it’s been a month, and not only is this not fixed, but the Fractals still force you to set difficulty to the lowest level of the group, instead of letting you set it up to the highest level of the group.

The DCs not being fixed after a month is simply unacceptable, and the difficulty setting not only fragments the community, but flies against everything ANet has stated about enabling you to play with friends without barriers.

Extremely disappointed in this company right now.

Posted by: Cbomb.4310

Cbomb.4310

This just happened to me again, did full clear of fotm13, then did 3/3 of fotm14 and the jade maw wouldnt load for me, client wasnt responding anymore and lost progress for the night.

This has happened to me or someone in my group dozens of times. Its extremely frustrating and hope that its fixed tomorrow. If not I hope we dont have to wait another month for a fix because this is GAME BREAKING.

Posted by: eldavo.6054

eldavo.6054

DC’s have affected me probably 10 times. They’ve caused literally hours to be wasted. Last night was the worst on yet:

Fractal 22
1. Grawl
2. Dredge
3. Cliffside

Party member DC’s during Cliffside. We keep going but get wiped at the third set of symbols and the party ends up giving up. 2 more hours down the tubes… This is by far the most aggravating bug I’ve encountered since playing this game at pre-release. I am really hoping there’s a fix for it on Saturday.

Diaverse
Guardian – Commander – Officer of Rethesis [RE] Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Silent.4378

Silent.4378

I cant believe this is not fixed yet after a month wtf

Posted by: dhodgie.6285

dhodgie.6285

DC’s have affected me probably 10 times. They’ve caused literally hours to be wasted. Last night was the worst on yet:

Fractal 22
1. Grawl
2. Dredge
3. Cliffside

Party member DC’s during Cliffside. We keep going but get wiped at the third set of symbols and the party ends up giving up. 2 more hours down the tubes… This is by far the most aggravating bug I’ve encountered since playing this game at pre-release. I am really hoping there’s a fix for it on Saturday.

Don’t forget, you couldn’t even load asura earlier that day Diav.

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

I’m loling badly atm..

Why ? Cuz just checked : http://www.arena.net/jobs/

So they are actively looking for motivated people to join their team !

Here,,, one of their reason why working at ArenaNet could be your dream job:

A firm goal to dominate the online gaming industry, and the expertise and resources to do it.

Just a dream and dream within a dream.

And also " Current Job Openings "

Architect & Lead Developer Roles for ArenaNet
Audio Programmer
Character Artist
Data Analyst
Game Surveillance Unit Agent
IT – Systems Engineer
Marketing Copywriter
Mobile- Mobile Developer
Public Relations Manager
QA – Quality Assurance Tester (Contract)
Senior Programmer Roles at ArenaNet
Sr Recruiter
Technology Director
Web – Database Programmer
Web Developers for ArenaNet

They are recruiting about for months and looks like they need a whole team and i guess no one wants to join them

So guys are you really expecing a quick fix ?

Hiring? They are kicking out people lol

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/12/04/ncsoft-undergoing-realignment/

Over than that, if you tried to apply, you would laugh discovering the requirements “preferred” (After all the world is always the same everywhere) “who sent you, someone work here yet?” “How many years of experience you have on a successful mmo” lol
Like if i was a dev of a famous mmo i was even going to apply for gw2, right. Meh.
Tt tr it’s fun when people expect/pretend a fix. You have to wait months maybe

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

Posted by: Nebilim.5127

Nebilim.5127

Hahaha…patch released…no fractals DC fix. How long are we going to suffer with this?

I have been unable to play fractals for 2 weeks now. I will only do it for the monthly but that’s it.

The world is teeming with unnecessary people.
It is God’s decision that i fight.
As knight of honor, as protector of the sin. I sacrifice myself, for the blood of criminals.

Posted by: Hunter.6950

Hunter.6950

really, a month now? le sigh -_-

Dragons’ Solstice [SoL]
Maguuma Server

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

wow this is laughable… known issue and not fixed, gg

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: Gordok.2146

Gordok.2146

Love the logic. You have a bug that destroys groups, requirements that segregate the community and instead of working on these you keep removing anything that speeds up what you hope is a dc free run. Loving getting kicked in the nuts every time I see a patch note about fotm.

Are’nt we grate full?

Posted by: Robert Hrouda.1327

Previous

Robert Hrouda.1327

Content Designer

Next

We are still working on the fractals reconnect issue.

Posted by: Faction.4013

Faction.4013

Great, I’ll come back when it’s done.

Gordok.2146

11 days between non updates, 27 days since first non response. Sorry but lost faith long ago will believe it when I see a fix. We’re working on it just is’nt good enough anymore, not when you keep messing with everything else in fractals but this.

I play dungeons almost exclusively other than having to farm for things and have loved every second of it except when I invest an hour or 2 if we get cliffside only to have my comp lock up (something that only seems to happen in fotm) and not even get a chance to not gain a ring that’s usuable again.

For me and a lot of people I know this is slowly killing our reason to log on and you making cliffside a living hell just makes it that much worse. Side note from release to just this patch ( if it indeed works) to figure out how not to have the npc die and break arah path 1 is what I think we have to look forward to in fotm.

That’s about all I have to say about this. Had to retype it a dozen times though in an attempt to not cross any lines because this bs really makes me angry when games like this are supposed to be to unwind and have some fun.

Posted by: slash.5428

slash.5428

Suggestion : a unique temporary party ID number for the fractals that resets when the whole level is completed or when the party is disbanded.

I may be wrong, but I think it shouldn’t take that much time to implement.

Posted by: Zogyark.4597

Zogyark.4597

Guess I’m done, will be back when DC is fixed, It’s just wrong as a customer to keep taking this abuse.

Necromancer Lupicus Solo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkSkhmWiDU

Retired Until Expansion or Meaningful Content is Released.

Posted by: Altas.9064

Altas.9064

Thank you very much for info. I hope those who stay will have “fun” in Fractals (NOT!).

Posted by: Fook.3914

Fook.3914

if someone dc on FOTM kick them out before they return to kick everyone out.

Posted by: Arkedi.5934

Arkedi.5934

if someone dc on FOTM kick them out before they return to kick everyone out.

This is not reliable. We had one disconnected, and although he hadn’t started the party (it appears to influence the whole getting booted to LA incident), we still kicked him. Just in case. And on the last boss of the last fractal the whole party got thrown out to LA. So it’s not a remedy.

Posted by: Shagaz.6209

Shagaz.6209

Pathetic, thats all i have to say. Idk, maybe we will get the fix in 2013….

Posted by: Blueshield.6291

Blueshield.6291

I’m honestly very confused about how this can still be a fix-in-progress situation. Your team evidently found time to create an event from start to (presumably) finish, and in over a month they still haven’t figured out how to modify this dungeon to use the same system which others use?

Seriously? I realize that Fractals was intended to be less exploitable than other dungeons (invite Guildmates for final boss and payoff, etc). But if you were going to leave Fractals broken for this long, it simply cannot have been that difficult to roll the “normal” dungeon instancing system over to this one in particular.

If you haven’t fixed this by January, I seriously hope that Fractals are no longer a part of the Monthly. It’s unreasonable to require players to continue running content with show-stopping bugs.

Posted by: Krulz.6245

Krulz.6245

Oh my god, really, still working…game breaking bugs should be top priority. Flavour, tuning etc can wait.
I know of course people will keep playing fractals etc, but some friends already left due this bug, and it’s really a shame =/.

Krulz – Guardian –
~Piken Square~

Posted by: Robert Hrouda.1327

Previous

Robert Hrouda.1327

Content Designer

I’m honestly very confused about how this can still be a fix-in-progress situation. Your team evidently found time to create an event from start to (presumably) finish, and in over a month they still haven’t figured out how to modify this dungeon to use the same system which others use?

That was actually a separate team that did our Wintersday content. Our team’s programmers are working on the DC issue. A majority of the fixes that went into this patch are content design related (things I can do), and require no programmer time. We have dedicated programmers working hard on the problem.

Posted by: BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

That was actually a separate team that did our Wintersday content. Our team’s programmers are working on the DC issue. A majority of the fixes that went into this patch are content design related (things I can do), and require no programmer time. We have dedicated programmers working hard on the problem.

Is there any reason why you can’t just slap on the Explorable Dungeon method the same way you Slapped on the Story Dungeon method?

Blueshield.6291

Thank you for the reply, Robert. I realize that you have separate teams, but the hard fact of the matter here is that it’s been a month. If, as you indicate, the majority of the Dec. 14 patch did not require programmer time, this begs the question of what the heck the programmers are doing? One of the later replies sums up my concern here:

Is there any reason why you can’t just slap on the Explorable Dungeon method the same way you Slapped on the Story Dungeon method?

It just seems like after the vast amount of time which has transpired, the programming team would have had enough time to if nothing else, apply the system used in every single dungeon except for Fractals to Fractals. I know we’re not talking about a copy-and-paste situation, but it’s been a month. As I said, I know that Fractals has additional anti-exploit measures built in, but utilizing the tried-and-true dungeon instancing system as a temporary measure seems to be in order.

I don’t pretend to be an expert in this field, but this just doesn’t seem like the kind of problem that takes 4+ weeks to fix. Some of us are very concerned by this, especially the sudden, unexplained withdrawal from a “fix in the next patch” status of two weeks ago.

Posted by: Maledict.7891

Maledict.7891

That was actually a separate team that did our Wintersday content. Our team’s programmers are working on the DC issue. A majority of the fixes that went into this patch are content design related (things I can do), and require no programmer time. We have dedicated programmers working hard on the problem.[/quote]

Robert, it may just be a communication thing but right now this is not coming across as a priority for the team at all. It’s been outstanding for a month, this thread has been largely ignored for most of that time, and there’s no expected resolution date or indication of how far away we are from a fix.

Does the team understand that outside of hacking this is easily the biggest programming issue for the game right now? Fractals are fantastic content and the designers should be proud, but this bug strips all fun from then because I’m honestly worried about someone DCing and ruining the group or losing out from the end rewards. Fractals are the thing I point to when people ask me how Gw2 is doing as an example of the improvements made, but this bug ruins that. It’s easily the worse instance related bug I’ve seen in an MMO – even the initial raid ID problems in WoW didn’t have much of an effect, and the fact that its been outstanding for a month and honestly isn’t coming across as a priority is really worrying.

For those people playing the game and doing fractals, this bug is huge but the impression were being left with is its not really an issue. Seem reassurance about how significantly the team is taking this, and an anticipated resolution date would really help. I know you don’t like giving dates because people complain if you miss them, but having the issue outstanding for a month, no fix in the major patch and still a dearth of communication on it is much worse each its sending the message that the teams don’t actually think this is an issue.

Posted by: Sauronych.2407

Sauronych.2407

Still not fixed? I don’t want to ruin the Christmas mood, but this and the world being empty because of everyone farming Fractals for Ascended gear are the issues that should’ve taken priority over cute Wintersday events.
Since the required changes are relatively big, we now have to wait at least a month till the January update, probably much longer seeing the pace at which they are fixing their game. Unbelievable.

Posted by: balto.6408

balto.6408

I really like doing FotM as well, but you know what guys? It’s not end of the world if 1 part of game is bugged. I didn’t log in for 2 weeks because of it. Now I’ll log in to do some other stuff in game. Don’t waste your nerves on something like this, there’s way more important matters in life.

Posted by: matenzo.9518

matenzo.9518

We’re aware of the problem and are working on an active fix. Very sorry about this, hopefully it will be fixed soon.

haha almost a month later and the issue persists. By now ppl are doing fractals 10+ so even if they did patch things up it would be too late for ppl frustrated with this issue anyway. Plus you need to complete fractals to get the monthly.

Brilliant.

Posted by: offence.4726

offence.4726

This is the biggest issue yet . People /leaving or disconnecting , crashing. Fractals should be open invite if anyone leaves or something goes wrong just like all the other dungeons period.

play hard , go pro.

Posted by: Xenyr.7106

Xenyr.7106

DC’d on the last boss yet again sigh. I don’t have enough free time to waste 90 mins in fractals just to get booted at the end. If you can’t fix it then just allow us to use other dungeon tokens to buy the rings. At least the other dungeons kinda work.

Posted by: Alastor.1074

Alastor.1074

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/14saks/i_just_understood_fractal_dcs_and_fractal_levels/

This might be an interesting read for those complaining about it being easy to fix, If Fractuals do work that way

Posted by: ref.8196

ref.8196

If it was an easy fix they would have done it by now. It’s obviously not an easy fix.

Posted by: KratosAngel.7289

KratosAngel.7289

It is difficult as it takes place in LA (for which you have to be on the same server to go) and especially that you have several maps. If it’s released too fast, there are high chances that if guy is disconnected, he may join again if the group is still on the same map, but it fails if the group is on the next map …
Though I quite agree that this is taking very long, I understand it’s quite hard to fix (properly).

Blueshield.6291

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/14saks/i_just_understood_fractal_dcs_and_fractal_levels/

This might be an interesting read for those complaining about it being easy to fix, If Fractuals do work that way

Regardless of how difficult a fix it is, with an entire team not working on new content and a month to work, there’s no reason we shouldn’t have seen any progress.

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

I am only concerned with getting my monthly. I’ve been avoiding fractals because of this issue and want to be able to do it before January.

Posted by: matenzo.9518

matenzo.9518

Well then they clearly shouldn’t have used the personal storyline system. It was their damn fault they chose that platform in the first place.

In the meantime they have yet to add alternative ways to get ascended gear and FotM is also currently a requirement for the monthly.

Posted by: TheWalkingDead.7298

TheWalkingDead.7298

This just happened for about the 10th time in 2 weeks, never D/C ever when I’m not in a fotm, I’m extremely fed up with this no idea how this was not hot fixed soon after the problem was discovered.

Gordok.2146

Bumping back to the first page. Having your friend dc in fotm on jade on daily then not feel like doing anything else is becoming close to the end for me. Especially when it was cliffside and the ice one we went through on that run.