Dungeon Patch Discussion 9/25

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: miya.5160

miya.5160

Who is running the same path for 60 60 60?

Are you sure you’re not reading someone saying P#, meaning Person #?

Posted by: Coredusk.3156

Coredusk.3156

I could’ve gotten my set already 2 times… It’s basically “what I want to do in this game”, and now I just don’t enter dungeons because I have a chance of getting just 5 tokens (yeh, not a joke).

I missed over 200 tokens because of this bug and never did more than 5 runs in one day.

There used to be frequent updates on this issue which was kinda consolidating.

Please update something or let us know something .. Beg ..

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Who is running the same path for 60 60 60?

Are you sure you’re not reading someone saying P#, meaning Person #?

Well more than one reported multiple runs of the same dungeon telling he got 45 then 20 then 8 then 2 then 0 while others got 60 constantly, same group. Ye i’m reading this forum a lot

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

Posted by: Arzalis.1280

Arzalis.1280

Ran CM Seraph path today. First dungeon I’ve been in all day. 30 tokens again while everyone else gets 60. Run took about an hour to complete. This is the third day in a row that I start out at 30 tokens and I’m assuming if I were to run AC I’d get 15.

Posted by: miya.5160

miya.5160

You’ll have to point that post out, because that seems significant.

Posted by: Ohoke No Mikoto.1507

Ohoke No Mikoto.1507

This latest patch just bugged the hell out of dungeon parties. I mean after a run, me and my mates can’t re-run CoF or any other dungeon because we just get a stupid and idiotic bug where some of us can’t simply enter the dungeon in “Explorable Mode” and others enter but can’t see anyone inside the dungeon. Also, sometimes when we try to enter the dungeon it gives us an error regarding to something like “Party split.”.
I still didn’t understand if this is the so called “Diminished System” or if it’s just a awful coding from Anet.

Basically what you’re telling me is this: “Yes, you can run CoF in 30min or less. So the system will prohibit you to farm again by not letting you go inside the dungeon.”
This is becoming more and more a different Anet style that we were used to on the glorious Guild Wars 1.

Such a shame.

Posted by: Mr Prismatic.9578

Mr Prismatic.9578

If you run into this issue in the meantime, please make note of the rewards you received in respect to others in your party and list that information here. Please be sure to include the name of the dungeon, as well as any insight into what other dungeons you have run with an approximate time that they were completed (i.e. 16 hours ago, 3 hours ago, etc.).

Again, thank you for reporting this issue!

Heya Devs, While it is a bummer I don’t receive full rewards, I don’t mind running the dungeons.
It’s good practice, and you asked us for help.

I was just wondering if you still need us to report this info, or if you have enough—

Thanks~

Posted by: Yvilthi.5413

Yvilthi.5413

Did CoE the other day 2nd path / 1st path / 2nd path / 1st path
got 60 / 60 / 15 / 6

Why the 15 and 6? I get and also understand the deminishing returns but what the hell!!! We killed all bosses each worth of 5 tokens?
Why did i got 6 ? thats like 1,2 tokens each boss o_0

“token farmers” already farmed all sets they could through exploits…
Why does Anet punish the players that do complete a whole dungeon?

Yvilthi lvl 80 human Ranger
Yv Ilthi lvl 80 human Mesmer

(edited by Yvilthi.5413)

Posted by: Scoric.3519

Scoric.3519

First off let me preface this by Saying I am far from a speed clearer and am certainly not farming dungeons. They have been a painful experience and very challenging for me my 2 RL friends and the 2 other random people we find to accompany us.

Last night we attempted to do TA story.. But could not zone in. Then over on to AC explore mode. We cleared path 1 in about 2 hours. Had one long afk moment in there)

I was awarded 45 Tears. Everyone else in the group got 60.

Run started about 9:30 EST. on Emrhy Bay server

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Sayura.8041

Sayura.8041

I keep getting 6-15 :[ while everyone else in my group gets 60 and it’s the same group I run with at the same times. :[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[

Sayura – lvl 80 Elementalist
[WANG]
Jade Quarry

Posted by: Bigbeef.7354

Bigbeef.7354

I keep getting 6-15 :[ while everyone else in my group gets 60 and it’s the same group I run with at the same times. :[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[

Ya this is pretty frequent from what I can see. Players who haven’t done any dungeons that day, run a dungeon together and half the party gets full 60 tokens and the other half gets a buckshot of 15 or 6 or 45. If it had something to do with “speed clearing” then everyone should be affected.

Something is very wrong with the system.

I hope we can get an update on fixing this today. I’d like to run dungeons this weekend and not get ripped off on my tokens.

I’d also like to hear a dev say if compensation for lost tokens at this point is possible.

Posted by: Sayura.8041

Sayura.8041

Ya this is pretty frequent from what I can see. Players who haven’t done any dungeons that day, run a dungeon together and half the party gets full 60 tokens and the other half gets a buckshot of 15 or 6 or 45. If it had something to do with “speed clearing” then everyone should be affected.

Something is very wrong with the system.

I hope we can get an update on fixing this today. I’d like to run dungeons this weekend and not get ripped off on my tokens.

I’d also like to hear a dev say if compensation for lost tokens at this point is possible.

What is weird is everyone except me gets the 60. What’s wrong with my account? :\\

Sayura – lvl 80 Elementalist
[WANG]
Jade Quarry

Posted by: Mr Prismatic.9578

Mr Prismatic.9578

I have earned 111 Ascalonian Tears since the latest patch.
I should have 420 since the latest patch.

Compensation would be nice, but there’s no way they could keep track of potential tokens lost for every single player.

Just getting the amount of tokens I should be getting would be good enough for me.
Personally, I don’t expect, or require compensation.

Hope we see some results soon though!
I haven’t been spending as much time on this game as before, due to this bug.

Posted by: Amarath.5132

Amarath.5132

I love how they Dg system is totally broke and ANEt is just sitting on their hands, here is an idea ROLL IT BACkittenil you have fixed it. I like doing dungeons its fun i hate getting 2k exp on my lvl 60 (first time i done one in a week). I was like cheer. My friends after a few days were like… i am playing MoP i was like cheer. Thanks ANET for BEING MORE WORRIED ABOUT A FEW EXPLOITERS THAN YOUR PLAYER BASE AT LARGE.

Posted by: Wild Longshot.3258

Wild Longshot.3258

Sayura.8041

What is weird is everyone except me gets the 60. What’s wrong with my account? :\\

It’s not just you that this is happening to. I did AC 2nd part and got 15 while rest of group got full 60. Then I did TA forward→forward and half the group got 60 while others got 45 (myself included). And again this morning I got 15 from AC first part while rest of group got full 60.

It’s frustrating and let’s hope they fix this soon.

Posted by: Tdarnok.5083

Tdarnok.5083

Did CoF Path 2 about 10 minutes ago, only got 30 tokens while it being my first time doing it in about 2 weeks.

Posted by: ryokoalways.3450

ryokoalways.3450

Continuation of testing. Member 1, 2, 3, 5 are the same as previous post.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Dungeon-Patch-Discussion-9-25-1/page/9#post273128

(8:45PM CST start time)

Citadel of Flames- Path 3- Clear time: 1-1.5 hours

Member 1- First time for this path
Reward: 60 Tokens, 26 Silver
Member 2- First time for this path
Member 3- First time for this path
Member 4- First time for this path
Member 5- First time for this path

10 minutes between clear and start.

Twilight Arbor- Forward-forward path- Clear time: ~35 minutes
Member 1- Has not done path for a week
Member 2- Has not done path for a week
Member 3- Has not done path for particular character
Member 4- Has never done path.
Member 5- Has never done path.

10 minutes between clear and start

Catacomb- Howling King- Clear time: well under 30 minutes
Member 1- Cleared path about 24 hours prior.
Member 2- Cleared path about 24 hours prior.
Member 3- Cleared path within last 2 days.
Member 4- Cleared path within last 3 days.
Member 5- Cleared path about 24 hours prior.

5 minutes between clear and start

Catacomb- Ghost Eater- Clear time: well under 30 minutes
Member 1- Cleared path about 24 hours prior.
Reward: 45 Tokens, 19.5 Silver
Member 2- Cleared path about 24 hours prior.
Member 3- Cleared path within last 2 days
Member 5- Cleared path about 24 hours prior.
Member 6 (Replace member 4)- Unknown, but this is first dungeon of the day.
Reward: 6 Tokens, 2.6 Silver

5 minutes between clear and start

Catacomb- Collosus Rumbus- Clear time: well under 30 minutes
Member 1- Cleared path about 24 hours prior
Reward: 30 Tokens, 13 Silver
Member 2- Cleared path about 24 hours prior
Member 3- Cleared path within last 4 days
Member 5- Cleared path about 24 hours prior
Reward: 60 Tokens, 24 Silver
Member 6- Unknown.
Reward: 6 Tokens, 2.6 Silver

Similarly, the code is still kicking in after first sub-30 minute run. However, as you can see, member 5 is still getting rewarded in full since it is first clear for the path of the day. I’m hoping that his is the one that’s working as intended because I believe that to be the ideal approach. Lastly, member 6 got screwed over very hard, despite the 2 dungeons being his only two of the day.

TJL

Posted by: xodex.4321

xodex.4321

09/25 – TA Path 2 – 15 tokens
09/25 – CoF Path 2 – 15 tokens
-pause 2 days-
09/28 – CoF Path 3 – 15 tokens
Nick: Lindorin Server: Vabbi

Posted by: Mintyfresh.2539

Mintyfresh.2539

PLEASE UPDATE US on the current information!

More than 30 hours have passed with no news at all. This is killing my mood!

A little sexy time always perks up my mood!

“Religion. It’s given people hope in a world torn apart by religion.”—Jon Stewart

Posted by: StarsLife.7320

StarsLife.7320

Wednesday, my guild ran three paths of Ascalonian Catacombs, first run of the day working towards Dungeon Achievement and we were averaging 35-45 minutes to completion. At every completion, this is how the team members were rewarded:

Member 1: 60 token
Member 2: 60 token
Member 3: 30 token
Member 4: 60 token
Member 5: 30 token

Yesterday, my guild group did two paths of Twilight Arbor, first run of the day and we were working towards Dungeon achievement, averaging about 35-45 minutes to completion and here is the breakdown:

Member 1: 60 token
Member 2: 60 token
Member 3: 60 token
Member 4: 60 token
Member 5: 30 token (This player was in every dungeon completion with me and has never received 60 tokens like I have. The only difference in relation to other members is that he’s not from North America, he’s in Europe)

Something is wrong with the reward system, please have another look at it.

Posted by: Cerise.9045

Cerise.9045

I keep getting 6-15 tokens with people in my party getting 60, is it because I’m from Europe?

Posted by: Joji.5348

Joji.5348

Just ran CM, the Butler path for the first time today, reward = normal 177k exp, but only 6 tokens and 2 silver. Server Jade Quarry, finished at about 9:30am server time. The run took maybe 30 minutes to complete. I haven’t had a chance to read through all these pages but are we going to get compensated at all?

Posted by: Cherti.6782

Cherti.6782

Citadel of Flame explorable modes.

We finished the 1st dungeon run at about 10 minutes ago (18:32 UTC +2) and continued with the other two paths.

I only received 45 tokens for the 1st run 3rd path, continued the dungeon, 2nd run 2nd path I received 30 tokens, the 3rd run 1st path after that I received 15 tokens.

// Cherti – www.cherti.de

(edited by Cherti.6782)

Posted by: godshaka.1089

godshaka.1089

Character name: Lux Nightingale
I did Ascalon Catacombs, flaming scepters way, around 2:31(UTC-03:00), and received only 20 tokens. It took us around one hour and things went smoothly.. Until the reward that is. It was the first time we did flaming spceters today and it is the first time this bug happenned with me.

Hope you guys fix it soon.

Posted by: Revenant.5470

Revenant.5470

I dont mind the changes. What i am extremely annoyed about is Arah. I dont mind running the whole thing (not sure how long it will take but i heard it takes a heck of a long time) What i mind is that its incredibly difficult. Some of the bosses one shot you, im a warrior with 20ish k hp. Also the fact that the Patrol mobs (Mages, Hunters, Mesmer like one) do far more damage and are harder to kill then the first two bosses hands down. I used to see tons of people outside arah (fair enough they wanted to farm for shards) but now when i go there its essentially empty. Surely that should hint to Anet that well either the players don’t want arah to be something where you have to spend ages in just to get 60 or however many it is tokens from your first run.

If the Trash/Patrol mobs were slightly easier to kill i’m sure you’d see people trying to go for their Orrian Gear again.

Posted by: gfox.6501

gfox.6501

My guild mates and I did single paths for AC then HoTW then CM. They all got 60 tokens and appropriate amount of silver per each run. I got 45 then 30 then 10, and way less silver. I don’t farm these dungeons, I don’t farm dungeons because it’s boring, I haven’t logged for a few days.

This is the exact same problem I had the last time a logged before taking a few days break. None of my guildmates have this problem but me. It’s quite annoying since I’m usually the one who organize these group and call the strats, yet I’m the one being penalized for no reason.

Posted by: nelopp.6140

nelopp.6140

Today is my third run of Honor of the Waves explorer mode. I have run it each day once and I only get 30 tokens while my teammates get full 60 tokens.

I thank for the system for letting us collect unique armor in a faster pace, but the bug really hurts.

Some of my team can walk away with the full dungeon set while I need to invest double or more time to do this. Many people are worse than me with token drops of 15. Worse still this “unfairness” is not from people wrongfully abuse the game, but the game mechanism flaw, which has no way to resolve it from the user side.

I hope the fix would come really soon and I hope such “unfairness” won’t happen again.

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Hello. I haven’t been able to even access the forums since launch so plz forgive me for not posting sooner on this bug issue.

I seem to be one of those individuals being unfairly hit with DR on dungeons as if my “personal Timer” on them never fully resets because I have yet to get the full 60 tokens from the dungeons I’ve done since this patch. My party was definitely not “speed clearing” them either b/c other members of the party got the full 60.

Even worse… due to this Patch I think; when we killed the Howling King yesterday, the Dungeon didn’t even complete. No silver, no Tokens… just the red Quest Text reading “Find the Patriarch”. We did everything in perfect order so this is definitely an example of something getting broken when trying to fix something else.

I’ll be patient with the first issue because I’m not even doing these dungeons for the tokens. But the second issue is really a lot uglier in my opinion… please don’t risk destabilizing the game again just to deal with Speed-Clear Farmers, Anet.

(edited by ilr.9675)

Posted by: Gray Gardner.5937

Gray Gardner.5937

Character name: Athos Findlay
first dungeon i do in days, AC Ghost eater finished around 19:47(UTC-03:00), and received only 45 tokens.
hope everything is fixed, and the bugs end soon ^^
ps. finished the flaming scepter path and only received 45 token also.
ps2. finished the ghost eater again at 12:45(UTC -03:00) and received only 30 tokens, and the same guild mates that did it again with me received 60.
ps3. finished the flaming scepter at 14:29(UTC -03:00) and received only 5 tokens now.
ps4. completed the colossus for the first time at 15:48(UTC -03:00) and received only 15 tokens.
ps5. my party/guild mates received (60/60/60/20/60) on each respective run.

ps6. did ghost eater (45 tokens) and flaming scepter (30 tokens) and rest of the team received 60. 14:40 and 15:35 (UTC -03:00)

ps7. colossus at 16:33 (UTC -03:00) and received 15 tokens
ps8. did my second run of the ghost eater today, received 10 tokens 20:25 (UTC-03:00)
ps9. ghost eater at 23:20 (UTC -03:00) and received 30 tokens.

(edited by Gray Gardner.5937)

Posted by: deherch.3158

deherch.3158

god kitten it’s still not fixed. I barely do a dungeon or 2 a week.. for the love of god.. why do I get diminished returns.

Before patch: I did a Sorrow’s Embrace dungeon story mode first time.. took well over an hour.. closer to 2 hours actually. Got a reward of 9 silver. While others -in the same kitten party- got 19 and up. Days before that, I did CM Explorer mode and got 7 silver…

after patch:
We just did TA Explorer mode the forward/forward path. FOR VERY FIRST TIME EVER, took us 1h10min and i got…. 10silver 72 copper 30 tokens amd 42k XP… where is my other half of the reward…. ARGHH wtf?

close dungeons or stop the kitten anti-speed run system while its broken or someth… :| you guys are punishing honest players…

reading about ppl getting over 40 silver… aahh so frustrating when the highest I ever got was 10.

(edited by deherch.3158)

Bigbeef.7354

Between about 9am and 1pm est today I ran 3 dungeons.

CoE submarine path – 60 tokens about 1 hour to finish. Took a little break.
CoF Magg path, about 30-40 minutes to finish, 45 tokens.
HotW butcher path, about 45 minutes to finish, 30 tokens.

One of the problems is clearly that the new system is not differentiating different paths and dungeons. It’s giving the “repeat path” reward, even if it’s a different dungeon all together.

I should have gotten 60 60 60.

I got 60 45 30.

Please fix this and compensate victims of this bug.

deherch.3158

count yourself lucky..

It’s not even differentiating between different dungeon runs days apart with me.. It’s treating me like I’m on one continuous farm of dungeon runs ;\ while I basicly do 1 or 2 every weekend.. with a whole day rest between the two dungeons.

Posted by: Tdarnok.5083

Tdarnok.5083

Did Crucible of Eternity Submarine Path for the first time ever, only got 30 Knowledge Crystals. I think we needed about 1,5h to finish. Finish time around 22.10 (GMT +1).

Posted by: Cerise.9045

Cerise.9045

So is this bug only affecting europeans…?

deherch.3158

good question…. any americans here with the same problem?? Still this doesn’t explain, why me and my friend go in a dungeon on the same time. We have the same ISP and we live 1 street away from each other.. yet he gets 19 silver 50copper, while I got 9 silver….for doing the exact same run :S

(edited by deherch.3158)

Bigbeef.7354

I’m american and my static group members are all American. We’ve all been experiencing the problem.

Has nothing to do with region.

Posted by: ShreeK.3964

ShreeK.3964

Devs, can we get an update on this?
At this point I’d rather you turn off the DR system until you can suppress the false positives. Mudflation is bad; penalizing people incorrectly is worse.

Posted by: Yinello.7068

Yinello.7068

Did TA Explorable mode (route up) today around 21:00 to 23:22. In the end I received 15 tokens, my friend 45 tokens and the other 3 party members received 60 tokens. This was my very first explorable mode and my first dungeon of the day, so you can imagine my dissapointment. If we get a fix and get our rightful amount of tokens handed to us after I will be a happy Asura again.

Ginni Gruesome, Necromancer of the College of Synergetics

deherch.3158

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Stealing-my-tokens/first#post285296
This was posted earlier today, stating that even after the path of the 25th, the diminishing return system is still broken. I would expect this statement to be in the dungeon update post, but instead its burried in some other topic.

Posted by: Master Eriko.1584

Master Eriko.1584

Honor of the Waves – 10:30pm-11pm GMT+2, Butcher Path, reward: 15 tokens.

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

If you read what i wrote carefully, you will see “if the team kick out”.

I did read it. And if you read what I wrote you will see: “what if a player goes offline of AFK” without leaving the party?

Your proposed system would effectively punish the other 4 players by erasing all their progress and chance of reward, unless they are able and willing to do the rest of the dungeon with a reduced group.

As long as the game gives players the corresponding reward after killing each boss (plus a separate “dungeon completed” reward at the end), this will not be a problem. Withholding all rewards until the end, with GW2 in its current buggy state, is just insane.

All this patch achieved was to drive players away from GW2 right on the week that MoP is launching.

- Al Zheimer

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

Compensation would be nice, but there’s no way they could keep track of potential tokens lost for every single player.

Actually, it would be trivial to do if they kept proper transaction / activity logs. But since they apparently can’t even roll back accounts properly at this point, I doubt they’re keeping that information.

- Al Zheimer

Posted by: van.4176

van.4176

After ending AC (first way) for the first time, i get only 45 tokans. All the other guys in my group get 60. )=

Posted by: DAISY.4519

DAISY.4519

CoE Submarine Path.
Took maybe an hour to clear.
Last time I cleared was about 19 hours ago.

2 Tokens.

Posted by: Beepharoni.4203

Beepharoni.4203

STILL having issues getting into COF… I was able to get inside the instance, but i was in my OWN instance, and my group mates each were ported into something similar, and instance that they could only see.. to make matters worse, the gate locks and the instance comes contested. You guys REALLY need to push a patch through to fix the entering instances bug… It’s becoming a bit ridiculous that it takes longer to get IN the instance as a team, than it does to clear it.

Posted by: DarthVarner.9246

DarthVarner.9246

Just thought of this. Honest question.

For those of you that have DR affecting sparse numbers of runs DAYS apart: Do you log in, run dungeons, then log back off nearly immediately after (perhaps in disgust)?

I’m wondering if the system isn’t taking REAL time between runs into account, rather, just PLAYED time between runs.

Compeyson | [EPIC] | Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Ragnar.3607

Ragnar.3607

Played Twilight Arbor all 3 way´s. last run ended at 0:02 on 29th Sep. first run I become 45 token other teammember 60; 2. Run: I become 30 token other 60 token; last Run I become 15 token other 45. this Day was my first Explorer run ever. We needed over 3 hours for all runs. We have only made every way one time. First run startet round abound 19:00 on 28th Sep.

Posted by: Adrathan.2048

Adrathan.2048

Running Citadel of flame path 2 with 60 badges and path 3 with 45. Running ascalon catacomb path 2 and i receive 45 badges.
I started them 3 hours ago.

(edited by Adrathan.2048)

deherch.3158

Just thought of this. Honest question.

For those of you that have DR affecting sparse numbers of runs DAYS apart: Do you log in, run dungeons, then log back off nearly immediately after (perhaps in disgust)?

I’m wondering if the system isn’t taking REAL time between runs into account, rather, just PLAYED time between runs.

I had a feeling it was something like this, but when I logged in again today I first played for an hour or so doing regular stuff (Dynamic Events/Hearts/crafting). Still got diminished returns for a doing a dungeon in explorer mode for the first time. So yeah, it’s not that.
The system is treating my weekly dungeon run as a continuous farm or someth :\ And it’s not because we didn’t kill every single monster or whatever, because other party members got twice the reward and more.

(edited by deherch.3158)

Posted by: Roi.8567

Roi.8567

I am having a problam with the Dungeon system i did only 2 TA today(first of the day) for first one i got 15 tokans and in the second i got only 6 tokens
my team got 60 ! X10 than me !!