Dungeon chest runes Soulbound.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Dagoh.3482

Dagoh.3482

The dungeon reward chests sometimes reward a rune, like yesterday I got a superior rune of the monk in AC. But this rune is soulbound, and as a necromancer I’m not going to use this rune. So the only thing I can do with this rune is destroy it or sell it to the Merchant. Two things I don’t want to do, since I could use this rune better on some other professions, so why is this rune soulbound? And not at least Account Bount, or free for all?

The only place where I’ve seen this rune drop so far is AC. So if I want 6 superior runes of the monk for, for example, my elementalist. I’m limited to this profession and must get the reward chests a lot times before I eventually have my 6 superior runes?

It just feels stupid to sell a rune to the Merchant on 1 character, that you need on another character, only because you wanted to go with a different profession this time, and the character exchange is blocked by being soulbound.

Admin of GW2NL, the biggest Dutch-Belgian Community – http://www.gw2nl.nl

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Some runes are soulbound because they’re sold in LA by the dungeon equipment merchants for dungeon tokens, and everything they sell is soulbound.

I agree though, they’re pointless as a random drop unless you’re lucky enough to actually want one. I’m pretty sure that only happens in a minority of cases.

If these runes are really supposed to be soulbound, I’d prefer something other in their position on the random loot tables. Something actually useful.

Posted by: Sina.9208

Sina.9208

+1, I get them soulbound too all the time, selling them for 2 silver is not too bad however.

Posted by: Orissa.1872

Orissa.1872

Sigils are never bound, and they can be only bought from dungeon vendors. I think runes should be unbound, or at least account bound, like tokens

Posted by: Disconnected.9253

Disconnected.9253

account bound would make a lot more sense, idk why this would be a problem

Dagoh.3482

Sigils are never bound, and they can be only bought from dungeon vendors. I think runes should be unbound, or at least account bound, like tokens

Exactly my point, but I find it also strange that the amulets that drop our soulbound too! (carrion, ramagers amulet etc.)

Posted by: Robert Hrouda.1327

Robert Hrouda.1327

Content Designer

Thanks for the headsup on this. I’ll be sure to let our items folks know about the rune being soul bound. That seems odd to me!

Posted by: Angel.4581

Angel.4581

Gotten a fair amount of Soulbound Sup runes from dungeonruns, think you can toss them in MF and get a new unbound rune from that one..

Posted by: LeoDeSol.7604

LeoDeSol.7604

Thanks for the headsup on this. I’ll be sure to let our items folks know about the rune being soul bound. That seems odd to me!

Please look at the upgrade family of Mark, Talisman, Seal, Medallion, and Crest. You get a lot of these from dungeon and dynamic event chest, often 2 for things like Claw of Jormag for example, but they are often soulbound. They are rarely good for my 80, which I tend to get most of them on him, but would be awesome boost for leveling alts. Right now, I usually just keep them for tossing in the forge when I have 4 of them, or vendor them.

Posted by: Xolo.3580

Xolo.3580

I’d like to add that I combined a few major runes at the Mystic Forge and received 2 soulbounds as well: namely a superior Nightmare and superior Sanctuary

Dagoh.3482

Got another one today, still soulbound. Any progression in this?

Posted by: Fook.3914

Fook.3914

i sold it the npc since not using for my toon, hope to see account bound soon

Posted by: peterpat.8196

peterpat.8196

More than 3 months have passed since you (might have) told the item folks about this.
Was there a response? Or maybe they have simply forgotten it, or whatever.
It would be nice to get an update, if it is at least on the list of things they want to take a look at, or if it is intended that way and nobody cares that we don’t like it.

Posted by: Valmarius.4150

Valmarius.4150

More than 3 months have passed since you (might have) told the item folks about this.
Was there a response? Or maybe they have simply forgotten it, or whatever.
It would be nice to get an update, if it is at least on the list of things they want to take a look at, or if it is intended that way and nobody cares that we don’t like it.

I’d just like to add to this, that I remember this thread back from when it was posted. Everytime I get a soulbound rune, which is a lot because I run a lot of dungeons, I think of Robert’s post.

I’m sure it’s more a case of it being low on the list of priorities to be fixed than a case of people forgetting anything, but three months -is- a long time…second a request for an update.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

All rare and exotic dungeon specific runes are account bound.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: peterpat.8196

peterpat.8196

Are you sure they are? Are only new ones not soul-bound or ALL?
Because I still have a (never used anyhow) Major Rune of the Monk/ Noble, both soul-bound. And I received a new Superior Rune of the Monk (combined 4 major runes in the Mystic Forge), that is soul-bound, too.

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Haaa didn’t know this thread existed…..pretty amusing response was 3 months ago and nothing has come to light since. Anywho….they sometimes drop unbound if that adds anything to the discussion, but they are still vendor quality as they sell for vendor prices on the tp.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Posted by: awesomesauce.5980

awesomesauce.5980

Haaa didn’t know this thread existed…..pretty amusing response was 3 months ago and nothing has come to light since. Anywho….they sometimes drop unbound if that adds anything to the discussion, but they are still vendor quality as they sell for vendor prices on the tp.

I’ve never seen an unbound one and I looked but I can’t find any on the trading post either. Are you sure you’re not confusing the dungeon specific runes with other runes?

Posted by: lOKI.8152

lOKI.8152

Got the same problem. I had 2 Superior Runes of Orrian drop from a chest in Arah and those 2 are soulbound. Wish i could use them for my ranger, useless for my ele :-(

Lvl 80s: Thief, Necro, Engi, Ele, Mesmer, Ranger

“War does not determine who is right – only who is left.”

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Sigils are tradable, runes are soulbound. It IS weird.

Posted by: Joyful Blue.7392

Joyful Blue.7392

I totally agree this should be removed. I got a superior rune in Twilight Arbor that would have been perfect for my Necro but unfortunately got it on my Guardian and ended up having to merch it for a few measly silver.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Are you sure they are? Are only new ones not soul-bound or ALL?
Because I still have a (never used anyhow) Major Rune of the Monk/ Noble, both soul-bound. And I received a new Superior Rune of the Monk (combined 4 major runes in the Mystic Forge), that is soul-bound, too.

AH sorry, my mistake, they are all soulbound

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

I got one earlier too on my warrior. I was so excited cause I really needed this rune on my ele, and it costs a lot of tokens to get. But then I realized it was soulbound, so I merched it.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

Posted by: kKagari.6804

kKagari.6804

So hows this coming along btw?

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun, rather than having fun”
Guild missions say otherwise.

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

So hows this coming along btw?

That’s about 3 mos ago. And that’s how it’s coming along.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

I’m going to necropost here.
Im stuck with 4 superior runes, all soulbound which I can’t even forge to get a random new rune.
Sooo.. How is that 5 months old answer coming along?

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

They are availible for tokens. Whats the issue? You want it for free? Poor you. He probaly realized there is no need to change it. Also forging 4 exotic runes (that you get commonly or for tokens) And having ability to get any exotic rune is Overpowered for the commonality of the exotic superior runes. They probaly realized this too.

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Yeah this has happened to me as well. Got a superior rune of the golemancer from COE that I won’t use but I can’t sell it on the TP because its soulbound.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

The issue is when you have alts and they all do dungeon you end up with a mish-mash of runes, all the same sort, not stacking and taking up space. Suddenly the 4 runes you earned on your warrior are too filthy and diseased for your ele and must sit in their own pristine bank slot away from the disgusting ranger earned ones.

It’s prejudiced and I don’t like it!

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

They should at the very least be account-bound.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Hey Rob! How’s about taking a look at this again! It’s been forgotten!

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

and if you could sell them they’d be worth 2s anyway

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

Posted by: TheFallenAngel.1320

TheFallenAngel.1320

Is is so hard to make them account bound??? You already did that with karma stuffs… and now its much more usefull.. do the same with those runes…

Posted by: Destai.9603

Destai.9603

They shouldn’t be. That’s the point. I shouldn’t miss out on an opportunity to sell something I won’t use, that someone else will, and can be traded when obtained elsewhere. It’s an unnecessary restriction.

Posted by: Cato.3547

Cato.3547

They shouldn’t be. That’s the point. I shouldn’t miss out on an opportunity to sell something I won’t use, that someone else will, and can be traded when obtained elsewhere. It’s an unnecessary restriction.

Have to agree got atleast full set of each dungeon runes sitting in my bank that i cant use on my alts bcs those are bound to my main, those should be atleast account wide.

Posted by: Master Archer Nente.9284

Master Archer Nente.9284

Throw them in the Mystic Forge. I have gotten several gold by just saving my Major Soulbound runes and throwing them in the forge hoping for a superior.

Character: Kyou Fujibayashi ~Mesmer
Guilds: Tears of the Ascended [ToA] | Legion of Dhuum[LoD]

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

Take soulbound rune, place it into white or blue armor. It is now account bound. Salvage on the target character. Problem solved (if only until they really fix it).

Posted by: NGraveD.9418

NGraveD.9418

Imho, they should be account bound, like the tokens.
@OP, you can get the runes using AC tokens as well, they are sold by the vendor.

| Ring of Fire | Haiducul Batran |

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

Throw them in the Mystic Forge. I have gotten several gold by just saving my Major Soulbound runes and throwing them in the forge hoping for a superior.

Well that’s part of the problem, you can NOT forge superior runes. I usually forge all the major runes as well. The superior ones I can’t do anything with.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

Please don’t hate me for necro’ing the thread. Though the runes should be account bound instead of soul bound, there is a work around of sorts.
I had a master monk rune I got with my main ranger. I needed it for my guardian but it was of course soul bound. So my ranger put it on a lvl80 white chest piece. Logged in as the guardian and had the ability to either transmute it onto a piece of armor or better yet, salvage the piece (BL salvage kit 100% get upgrade back) using the guardian and getting the rune soul bound to the guardian.
I don’t have anymore soul bound runes to test this with to be 100% but if you want to test it out you won’t lose much except a BL salvage kit use or a transmute stone.

EDIT: I originally said destroy instead of salvage.. derrr… and thinking about it Salvaging is most likely much cheaper than a lvl80 transmute. But if you’re not needing it on lvl80 gear then the transmute may be cheaper.
Please correct me if this is no longer working. It was successful as of 5days ago.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

(edited by Infernia.9847)

Posted by: Strifey.7215

Strifey.7215

I wish you could mystic forge them, it’s kind of dumb that majors are worth more then most of the superior versions because you can’t mystic forge them. It would also help normalize some of the rune/sigil prices.

Guard/War/Mesmer and Dungeon Guides:
https://www.youtube.com/user/strife025

Posted by: MeateaW.3519

MeateaW.3519

White should be account bound; only higher stuff ends up soulbound. (IIRC)

Posted by: AusterlitZ.7941

AusterlitZ.7941

embarrassing this is not yet fixed,i have 4 runes of the monk taking 4 different slots

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

lol I got infracted for pointing out this hasn’t been fixed yet

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

Can’t fix this, have to make new PvE content in Southsun that’s completed in an hour.

Retired. Too many casuals.

Posted by: Aliatis.7836

Aliatis.7836

Well that’s part of the problem, you can NOT forge superior runes. I usually forge all the major runes as well. The superior ones I can’t do anything with.

Actually, you can. If you throw 4 major runes into the MF, there’s a chance to get a superior one (I obtained several). The bad thing is that even if you throw 4 major runes of the same type (i.e. 4 major runes of divinity), it is not said that you will obtain a superior rune of the same type. That’s why I throw 4 random major runes all the time.
Another bad thing (which happened to me) is that you can obtain a dungeon superior rune, so it will be soulbound.

Desolation – still [GoD] in the spirit

Posted by: VoxShatterfall.5470

VoxShatterfall.5470

I think Treeline meant that after you get a soulbound rune on a random character via any means you CAN’T do “much” with it.

Pyroatheist is correct with the blue or white idea – I have over 6 baelfire runes stored in such a manner. The trick is that you have to get the blue or white as a random drop from the world – as the merchant or karma ones are NOT salvageable any more. I usually search for a lvl 76 headpiece which is of the white quality.

Note that this is NOT a fix but a work around which also allows normally unobtainable items (see assasin shroud / non order weapons) to be utilized off order or off class. Once ANET fixes the white / blue application / transmutation making things account bound not soul bound this work around will not work any longer.

Commander Vox Shatterfall / Ward Zabach / Ifrit the Immolated
Angry Intent | Multiple Servers
WTB Razor Blade Free Candy!

Posted by: One Note Chord.5031

One Note Chord.5031

8 months ago now. It’d be nice to at least know whether this will ever be changed.

And while we’re at it, why can’t they be forged? (Some soulbound runes can be forged, such as major runes from dungeon chests.) That would let those of us with runes we don’t need do something with them, while keeping the runes themselves exclusive to people who run dungeons or get lucky with the forge, if that’s what you care about. Is it just a fear of flooding the market if we can suddenly get random superior runes for 480 dungeon tokens? (I doubt that this would actually be a problem, but I could be wrong.)

Colin Johanson: "Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”
Pre-launch, Colin listed things that make MMOs bad. They are all now in GW2.

(edited by One Note Chord.5031)

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

8 months ago now. It’d be nice to at least know whether this will ever be changed.

And while we’re at it, why can’t they be forged? (Some soulbound runes can be forged, such as major runes from dungeon chests.) That would let those of us with runes we don’t need do something with them, while keeping the runes themselves exclusive to people who run dungeons or get lucky with the forge, if that’s what you care about. Is it just a fear of flooding the market if we can suddenly get random superior runes for 480 dungeon tokens? (I doubt that this would actually be a problem, but I could be wrong.)

Obviously it won’t be changed. He told them, and they most likely responded “Good, that’s what we wanted”.

RIP in peace Robert

Posted by: Licantus.8495

Licantus.8495

They are still soulbound, so now, with about a year of delay, can you let us know why this odd thing still happen?