Dungeons and Fractals Nerfed to Death

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Basic economics guys.

Everybody’s income was lowered. Including SW due to the change in map rewards passing out far fewer shovels and guild upgrades actually removing shovels.

At the same time everybody’s resource gathering power was raised

It’s a crappy time of economic volitility, yes, but when the dust settles the result is more affordable mats and overall lower prices on everything. They’re deflating gold which means if you have a stockpile of it now it’s actually going up in value.

The numbers on the rewards went down, but the actual value of gold is going up. Revisit the TP in about a month and then see how the reward adjustments feel. if they worked the plan like it seems they’re looking to, you’ll be able to afford roughly as much stuff with 3 fractals worth of money and loot as you could before, but you almost might not have to buy as much stuff because you can more easily farm what you want from map rewards.

But technically I didn’t feel I got a single gold doing 50 to 64, from opening all the chest and selling the stuff. Got an ascended breather and the mini though. Other than that I didn’t feel like my gold count actually increased, if anything it might have decreased a little haha

I think that’s kind of where they’re going with this. Moving thing to a more earning-based than buying-based acquisition model for most things.

Like, pre-HoT economy was mostly about getting money to buy stuff you needed (mats, skins, etc.) but post hoT economy is more focused on getting stuff yourself and less on buying it from other people.

It’ll be interesting to see how it works out.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: Atheara.7645

Atheara.7645

Basic economics… You want a small, steady, positive rate of inflation to keep an economy moving. If the inflation rate turns negative, i.e., if the value of a currency increases over time, then people stop spending anything. Maybe the goal is to move toward a no-trade setup, like what Blizzard did with Diablo 3. Or maybe there are huge gold sources that we just haven’t discovered yet. But… For the moment… Just don’t spend any gold…

Posted by: Tigerlily.3765

Tigerlily.3765

Please change the way fotm loot works. I don’t want to PAY for my loot.

Posted by: Methal.9045

Methal.9045

To make things worse, if its possible, Graves can’t even have a cigar anymore!

Posted by: Evapor.6849

Evapor.6849

1g for an arah path and theres still spineless whiteknights defending this I can’t even

Posted by: Draco.9480

Draco.9480

I thought about coming back to see what really happened to the dungeons and fractals. I’d understand dungeons became cheap now blabla no more gold grinder but then I saw the fractals being smashed to pieces even worse then before. So what do we have, raid?
Raids are for whoever bought HoT and I didn’t. So nothing to do for me and I’m not going to buy HoT just for 1 PvE content that I’m not sure is even fun playing it or gives ya hard work and good reward.
I suggest to rage quit this game already. 3 years has passed and they gave us no new dungeons or any significant fixes maybe added like 3 more fractal stages. All they did was improving the core system and now they even ruined the core system itself.
There’s nothing to do for non HoT players and there’s nothing to do for HoT players who ridiculously paid a lot of money for little content which he’ll suck the juice of it in few weeks and rage quit the game. They disappointed me with Elite Specialization, almost all of the elite specs are useless in pve, maybe some are playable in pvp and wvw but it’s just lame. They didn’t fix necro’s lack of support nor improve any of the group damage support to any of the classes, maybe engi and mesmer got few cool buffs that can help but not the others. So entire PvE not including raids are faceroll.
I still don’t know about raids. Also the prices for salving asc is really kittened.

Posted by: Alegz.6870

Alegz.6870

My problem with these “Nerfs” is that, i don’t get reward equal to time i spend on fractals/dungeons. One hour doing fractal and only get 1g with (maybe) 2x T6 mats and some worthless green items, no thank you, that don’t motivate me to do next one.
I understand that in Economic point of view it’s good and we have to wait a month to see results, but before that happens, GW2 will lose some PvE community because of that.
When i play video game, i don’t really wanna focus or think about economic, i want have fun and having reward not equal to time spend it’s not fun and motivating to play again.

Also off-topic question: If gold value will go up, will cost of transfer gold to gem be lower?

Posted by: Shmoomyces.6048

Shmoomyces.6048

the thing that bothers me the most is that not a single ArenNet person feels obliged to talk to the players about these changes in the forum. there is nothing more important for a game developer than to understand what their players want. also, what is happening here right now is that ArenaNet is creating a huge amount of frustration in their long-term player base. MAYBE there are some very good reasons behind these nerfs, but how the kitten should we know? also, if you don’t want people to play these outdated dungeons anymore, then PLEASE give us an alternative. this game is more than three years on the market and yet the developers have managed to not create a single piece of rewarding end content, especially now since fractals give you no liquid reward.

guess what i’m trying to say, is there any chance to get into a dialogue with an Anet person (human or other species) about this topic? these are very serious changes and i guess it is in the interest of both the players and the developers if the players’ opinions are being heard!

Posted by: Aither.2859

Aither.2859

I must admit when I heard that fractal rewards were going to be buffed in HoT I was honestly excited but now that it is released and the details have been revealed my excitement turned to astonishment and horror. The fractal rewards system has turned back into another gold sink rng and that is just sadistic for Anet to do to us.

We were promised ways to break down our ascended rings and what do we get? Another kitting gold sink. So now it feels like we are losing money by farming in fractals instead of gaining what little cash we once did. This is sick and wrong and beyond comprehension. I don’t understand why Arenanet would do something like this when promising the world to us for fractals.

To make matters worse what little ways we had to make gold ie; dungeons has also been nerfed as promised by Anet. So what are we left with? Nothing but gold sinks with no way to actually make gold through dungeons or fractals.

I feel like I was ripped off my one hundred dollar purchase and now my favorite game has turned into a total rng wasteland.

Posted by: Nash.2681

Nash.2681

Basic economics guys.

Everybody’s income was lowered. […]

If only. In fact, only the income of people that actually played the game got lowered.
People that did 1-2 fotm’s a day, some dungeon paths now and then and may be a round of sw events still got some reasonable coin after all.
Now they get a kick in their balls.
The only ones that won’t really be affected at all are the TP flippers.

XMG U716 (i7 6700, 16GB DDR4@2133Mhz, GTX980m, Samsung 850Evo 250 GB, Seagate SSHD 500GB)

Leader of “Servants of Balance” [SoB], a small guild endemic to the FSP.

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

Basic economics guys.

If only. In fact, only the income of people that actually played the game got lowered.
People that did 1-2 fotm’s a day, some dungeon paths now and then and may be a round of sw events still got some reasonable coin after all.

excactly this!

Posted by: EsarioOne.9840

EsarioOne.9840

Wait, so the only way to get ascended (rings and such) is the fractal encryption now? That can’t be, I opened a few hundred yesterday and didn’t even see one.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Wait, so the only way to get ascended (rings and such) is the fractal encryption now? That can’t be, I opened a few hundred yesterday and didn’t even see one.

The only ascended thing I got were recipes for waterbreathers.
Guess is that the daily chests (can) yield the ascended items and whatnot.

Posted by: MaJoBooOM.4851

MaJoBooOM.4851

Dear ANET , I love your game , I bought HoT and really have fun with it right now.

But there is a really big problem for me :
1. The Dungeon rewards arent rewarding at all not. I loved doing dungeons time to time, to listen to tge story and so on , to have a nice challange , but if the reward is 1 gold for arah when it was 4 gold. Its just unfair and I feel there is no reason play it anymore cause for the same time i can make 10 gold doing something else.
Suggestion - make the reward the same it was, please change it back, let us play dungeons while knwoing that we dont do it just for nothing

2. Fractals - love the mastery for fractals, its a really interesting change , but the rewards arent fair , how is it fair when you want to get reward and you have to pay for it more than you get..
Suggestion - make it cheaper to get the keys, let them drop in the fractals, so that we can enjoy the run.

Right now the situation with dungeons and fractals is that we dont get any good reward for doing it , and we are paying the game do get a chance to drop something good.

Please dont let the dungeon community die, I believe the raids will be awesome, but dungeons and fractals were too , before theyer rewards were nerfed.

(Fractal suggestion – would love to see a fractal where we could glide , it would be really fun , love the new function to fly:))

Sincerly Marcus Yami

Riverside. Marcus Yami [Gold]

(edited by MaJoBooOM.4851)

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Basic economics guys.

Basically a mirror of real life.

Posted by: redhammer.9827

redhammer.9827

SW still pays well. Just join a chest farm, run around in the same mind-numbing circle until bored to tears, and then cash in. It may not be fun… but at least you’re ‘winning’ :/

Posted by: Cbomb.4310

Cbomb.4310

That econ dev they have working for them is the bloody worst. Seriously, I dont like him as a dev or a person (look up his post history back when the price of this expac was launched)

HoT is a content downgrade. If I could somehow keep pre-HoT content same as before I would be requesting a refund atm. I will not be recommending HoT to my friends.

Posted by: Dovienya.6597

Dovienya.6597

Have any of the people making these complaints unlocked their fractal masteries yet? It increases amount/value of rewards you get significantly (I just got 5 gold out of a few ina row, and so did 2 others in my party) and gives you a high chance of getting keys back from the boxes.

Take into account the lowered amount of time it takes to do a fractal, the fact that you can choose which one and not be locked into doing four, the change in scaling, and the expanded daily/achievement/collections. Considering the fact that fractal awards have hitherto been extremely lack luster, I don’t see this as a nerf. (I don’t know what they were thinking about in terms of dungeons.)

What I DO see as a serious problem is that I ran 26 fractals and got considerably less mastery XP than I did doing hero points for 1/8 the amount of time in tyrian open world.

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

Please dont let the dungeon community die, I believe the raids will be awesome, but dungeons and fractals were too , before theyer rewards were nerfed.

Raids alone won’t save the game, since you can only do them once per week and you need 10 people for it, which you probably won’t have available all the time.

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Take into account the lowered amount of time it takes to do a fractal

At higher levels it can take a lot more time than old fractal 50 with bad rng. And that’t not even because fractals are harder. All bosses are literally damage sponges now. They pose no threat and take like 3 times longer to kill.

Dovienya.6597

Take into account the lowered amount of time it takes to do a fractal

At higher levels it can take a lot more time than old fractal 50 with bad rng. And that’t not even because fractals are harder. All bosses are literally damage sponges now. They pose no threat and take like 3 times longer to kill.

I’m running with the same group as always. I haven’t gotten into over 60’s yet so I can’t tell anything about scale in the much higher levels, but so far they seem almost disappointingly nerfed in difficulty. We’ve plowed through every fractal done so far in record time (for us.)

Will have to see with the higher levels… most of the complaints I’ve heard in my guild are from people new to fractals or playing lower levels, who have been surprised to hear what the masteries do, or that fractals have their own dailies/achieves. So, you may be right on- guess I’ll see when I get there.

I recommend saving the RNG boxes until the masteries are unlocked.

(edited by Dovienya.6597)

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

Have any of the people making these complaints unlocked their fractal masteries yet? It increases amount/value of rewards you get significantly (I just got 5 gold out of a few ina row, and so did 2 others in my party) and gives you a high chance of getting keys back from the boxes.

Unfortunately, Anet decided to lock the entire mastery system into the expansion. Including the Central Tyrian Mastery lines that have nothing to do with HoT. So anyone that didn’t buy Hot, can’t access Fractal Mastery.

They took a big chunk of the rewards out, and are trying to sell them back to us.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

Dovienya.6597

Unfortunately, Anet decided to lock the entire mastery system into the expansion. Including the Central Tyrian Mastery lines that have nothing to do with HoT. So anyone that didn’t buy Hot, can’t access Fractal Mastery.

They took a big chunk of the rewards out, and are trying to sell them back to us.

a 100% valid point. seems like HoT mastery could have been separate (part of the expansion) and fractals could have easily been part of what was added to the base game. I think the reason why it is not is so they can’t be farmed by free to players… at least that would be the party line, but the rewards are NOT THAT GOOD- even for someone like my party that does 20-30 fractals in a day, all the dailies and some of the achievements, with the full mastery. Still, they’re better than they were. Even taking into account that they scaling for the new fractals is bad (as pointed out by random guy).

(edited by Dovienya.6597)

Posted by: Naru.4521

Naru.4521

Well sadly I do have masteries, and the loot is abyssmal, it is nerfed to oblivion, whoever decided to do this kitten, should be slapped whole day.

And that i really enjoy old fractals, where average was 7 rares and 1-2 exotics, plus daily chest.

Posted by: Cbomb.4310

Cbomb.4310

… whoever decided to do this kitten, should be slapped whole day..

Whoever decided this was their ‘Econ Dev’, who laughs at players and makes all these wondeful choices. Blame Mr Smith

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

I find it incredibly sad that after all the feedback that was given with the fractals CDI – that basically said loot is poor and it should be improved all they managed to do is add more RNG and take away a good portion of that already lacking loot.

Way to go!

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: Fines Juliverine.5846

Fines Juliverine.5846

The worst thing with nerfing dungeons is that they also destroyed the variety of the game …

I love their new maps and also love to level up my masteries in maguuma.. But I also would love to run some dungeons every day … The problem is the lfg is empty for all dungeons except cof 1 xp farm … Also in my dungeon guild everyone is saying "we do dungeons just for xp let’s kill everything "

And I was losing 1 gold in 10 fotm lvls.

Now someone might say do sw farm for gold… But just no … It’s brain dead , stupid and just boring … Also fractals are that annoying without effects of chill root and so on…
I agree with the defiance nerf for stopping getting mobs freezed but it’s just boring to dps mobs down if the break bar is open a revenant kills the bar with staff 5 and perhaps a shiro elite … It was more challenging to deepfreeze really… And why the chill and the root … To make it more boring … Just because we know how to counter an enemy like the archdiviner with roots? Isn’t that what pve should be to know how to encounter things???

I’m just annoyed from the changes in instanced content … I love the new maps the masteries but i know running thru new maps is not satisfying after a few days maybe weeks…

[Hs]

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

I only did a few fractals since release, but I’m not pleased at all with what they’ve become. They feel very unrewarding. I finished my fractal mastery last night and will try some fractals with it maxed to see if the loot is more decent, but I don’t have high hopes.

Posted by: AliceStar.2189

AliceStar.2189

One of my absolute favorite things about the Core game WAS the classic dungeons. I loved doing them and teaching them. Now LFG is dead and rewards make it feel pointless. Even guild run requests are responded with crickets. A whole new generation of GW2 players are going to miss out on something I spent so much time on and enjoyed up until the expansion. RIP one of my favorite things…

Shouldn’t dungeons get a mastery and restructuring like fractals? Instead of nerfing loot for something that might seem too easy now, make the dungeons have a harder option. The challenge motes from the Living Story Season 2 achievements are a mechanic that could give a face lift to the old dungeon system, making the dungeons more challenging which should/could then give better rewards for dungeons.

It is also absolutely a kick in the pants to veteran players to take content that is part of the Core game (which they paid for – I’m not caring about F2P) and block it behind masteries, as they did with the fractals. I have purchased HoT, but now all my non-HoT friends are becoming more and more upset with the Core game and it is only a matter of time before they ditch.

Posted by: adozu.6398

adozu.6398

when i came into the game (about 10 months after initial launch) i got told “nah we don’t do dungeons, rewards are crap”.

then came dungeon gold and woop, people played dungeons! and they were fun!

back to pre-gold status i guess now.

but new fractal skins are SOLID GOLD now, that makes up for the gold lost i guess? they look dumb but hey, gold.

(edited by adozu.6398)

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Dear Anet:

Fractals and dungeons are perfect now. Next, please take dungeons out of the game altogether.

Thanks,

Guang

Posted by: Tigerlily.3765

Tigerlily.3765

I have run 3-9 fractals each day since release. Today I opened 10 boxes and did not get 20s in even ONE of them. Please, at least make the boxes break even. It’s ridiculously depressing not to make anything off of fotm. My best drops have been 1 exotic and 1 breather recipe, with likely 40 (?) boxes opened, and the chests haven’t given anything.

I know there are some really good items in the chest, but I shouldn’t have to get lucky to be profitable doing a dungeon, esp. since the higher levels are currently the hardest content in the game. Come on!

After I’m done the achievements, I don’t see myself playing fotm.

(edited by Tigerlily.3765)

Posted by: Iozeph.5617

Iozeph.5617

As someone who’s spent a goodly amount on this games gem store- why was my money being spent to cater to raiders while my prefered mode of play -Dungeons- was not only ignored, but cheapened?

I don’t begrudge Raiders being given that content. I’m happy for them as it promotes the play how you want philosophy of guild wars. A bigger community is a healthier community, right? Sort of? Perhaps?

That said, fractals and dungeons at the least should have been untouched as rewards come. What’s more, when it comes to dungeons and their treatment in this expansion I find Anet was a bit shortsighted.

How hard would it have been to simply add a bit more content to the dungeons for this expansion?

Using the preexisting environments within the dungeons, why not add bookend story/exploration wing chapters to them?

Ascalonian Catacombs – something mist themed to do with finding clues to Rytlocke’s disappearance. Perhaps utilising that hidden room with the invisible bridges accessed via the staircase above the Howling King’s chambers? Find residual energies from the ritual – perhaps when Rytlocke fell through tot he mists a shade of something or someone from Ascalon’s past escaped and found its way into the catacombs.

Caudecus Manour – a battle within the grounds where the floating statue in the garden and other hoarded magical inventions within the estate have attracted the attention of mordrem.

Twilight Arbour – Strange, carnivorous tendrils and pods have begun sprouting throughout what of late was believed to be the abandoned Aether complex.

Sorrows Embrace – more reports of strange plant activity that have come about due to the Dredge and/or the Inquest’s ‘delving too deeply.’ Something akin to Moria but with a Mordrem theme.

Citadel of Flame – Attracted by the magics employed during Gaheron Baelfire’s attempt at ascension, a Mordrem behemoth has tunneled to the citadel leaving a path behind it for Destroyer beasts to follow it through – the breach must be contained.

Honour of the Waves – Something deep below the waves has breached the ocean’s floor and is warming the waters. The ice is beginning to melt, the glacier ships are calving and and if something isn’t done, the Kodan way of life will be threatened. Perhaps a cameo by one or two Norn heroes who as yet are not convinced of the enormity of the Mordrem threat.

Crucible of Eternity – A distress call was received by the council in Rata Sum, but from the Inquest! Parts of the Crucible complex have blacked out. Something has begun to drain power from the infinite coil reactor, and worse -test subjects once believed to be well locked away in the depths of the complex have escaped. If that wasn’t bad enough, many of them appear to have further mutated, with strange plant/spore outgrowths and horrifying new abilities.

The Ruined City of Arah – Druids deployed with Pact forces left behind to garrison the ruined city as it and the lands around it recover have detected a disturbance. The the flow from the ancient healing spring beneath Orr has begun to slow. The creatures and the plant life that had slowly begun to return to the land after the Pact’s victory over Zhaitan, have become aggressive, feeding on everything -whether living or unliving- and no one is safe. Wander the once believed lost path to the Underheart beneath the ancient city with help from a Druid and a Revenant -the returned spirit of Orr’s last King- and solve the mystery together.

They needn’t be massive affairs but certainly dungeons and the players that enjoy them still have a place in Guild Wars Two.

Posted by: Testudo.4620

Testudo.4620

you can get the keys for essentially free by trading in the blue ovular reward items in the tab underneath where you pay silver for them. i’d check the exact name of the item but the game is down. you should have a ton of them and no clue what to spend them on, though. that was my case anyway.

Zhaife
Graduated top of class esports academy
#1 on fractal leaderboards

Posted by: emendez.3705

emendez.3705

now you know a little of what its like to be a wvwer like myself

Posted by: Mike.7263

Mike.7263

So ArenaNet made the less rewarding content (HoT open world) more challenging, and the more challenging content (fractals and dungeons) less rewarding.

We’re getting shafted from both ends.

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Q: “Is the intention to deincentivize dungeons?”
A: “Yes.”

Coincidence? I think yes.

Any word from anet on when they will re-enable ar merchant and fix fractal boxes?

Attachments:

Posted by: MasterGuruu.8345

MasterGuruu.8345

by reducing the flat gold income and placing intended value on the sell-able items they are making it more important to interact with the trading post. They could keep giving us more and more gold until this turns into a blizzard game where gold doesnt matter but that is a silly solution and short minded.

My suggestion, take a economics course and learn to make profit from arbitrage on the market. I prefer to think when i play, not mindlessly run around farming. My Skin or legendary should be earned through work, not through grinding. Also I assume you realize that the less gold there is in the Tyria, the higher value it has. When people realise their good arent selling for 100g they prices will fall. A simple example is the price of gas (petrol) in the United States. Its up one month, then drops, then sky rockets, then falls back down.

With all that said, the nerfs to the dungeons do seem like a cheap shot to push people to by HoT, and to discourage people from playing unsupported content. I dont mind this change though, dungeons were incrediabl dull and fighting the same bosses over and over, regardless of the rewards. was getting tiresome.

There could also be a new undiscovered method for easy wealth somewhere out there. Aspects of the expansion and ALL of its properties are still unknown. Give it a few weeks and I am sure that someone will come up with another brainless method to farm.

—Source: work for a big bank and currently taking an Options pricing class

(edited by MasterGuruu.8345)

Posted by: Quibrick.3127

Quibrick.3127

Why have you done this Anet?I used to have a fun time running my dungeons and part of that fun was into the rewards I got which weren’t so crazy.I mean I have invested at least 100 euros in this game and this is how you repay me and all the other thousands players that have done the same?You take away a very pleasant aspect of the game?I mean get your act together Anet.I think the best idea that Ive read here is a dungeon mastery that in the end will get you to a point where you can have some decent rewards from dungeon running.If nothing happens I am afraid I will be very dissapointed in this game.Still will play but this is wayy to bad behavior.