ETA on AC burrow hit box fix?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Lmnotz.2057

Lmnotz.2057

No matter what weap/skill i seem to use, still am unable to hit the burrows in AC…any word on a fix for this?

Posted by: Lorana.2468

Lorana.2468

use a melee weapon, constantly circle the burrows and you will have zero issues hitting them.

it might take you awhile to get used to it but believe me it works like a treat and my parties destroy every burrow at 91% without any real trouble.

Lmnotz.2057

thx for the tip..ill try that next time

Posted by: AsteriskCGY.5931

AsteriskCGY.5931

That or spam AoE. Did a run with two ele’s and me with a focus mesmser makes better work on those things.

Posted by: Flyfunner.2093

Flyfunner.2093

Yea, use AoE if you’re having trouble with melee weapons.
On my warrior I use longbow. Helps to have AoE classes
The burrows parts are a breeze when I have an ele or engie

Posted by: phooka.4295

phooka.4295

If I can’t hit it with the sword, I switch to rifle.

But in those fights, I stand on top of it and chop down the adds it spawns while the ranged classes deal with the grub hole. Remember – you’re there with a group.

Posted by: Bellatrix.5402

Bellatrix.5402

I just stand on top of them and strafe a tiny bit (left<→right) essentially staying in place. For whatever reason, this method works for me (Guardian GS). Inanimate object hit boxes in GW2 tend to be buggy in general.

Posted by: Robert Hrouda.1327

Robert Hrouda.1327

Content Designer

Next

we’re very aware of it (and as a ranger am eternally frustrated by it), and working hard on resolving the problem. I don’t have an ETA for you though.

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

we’re very aware of it (and as a ranger am eternally frustrated by it), and working hard on resolving the problem. I don’t have an ETA for you though.

i hope you’re aware that this hitbox issue involves all structures (yellow named objects with health and immune to conditions) in the game (roadblocks, burrows, even those towers in orr and arah story mode). as a thief, it’s incredibly painful that all i can do against them with my daggers is sit and watch, or throw my dancing dagger at it repeatedly like an idiot.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Posted by: Robert Hrouda.1327

Previous

Robert Hrouda.1327

Content Designer

We’re very aware it is happening with bunches of structures (bunches being a super technical design term). The fix SHOULD fix a lot of situations.

Posted by: Abriel.4103

Abriel.4103

it’s just something I observed, but I notice when my war charge (#5 GS) at these, she hit an invisible wall a distance away from these object. So taking a guess, your BB volume isn’t align with your collision mesh? :P

Posted by: Sef.6918

Sef.6918

Also the catapults at the Temple of Lyssa event is pretty messed up as well, just thought i’d say.

Posted by: Eileithia.5246

Eileithia.5246

equally frustrating is the lack of condition stacking on these things. A condition spec’d necro using Scepter is just useless as the base damage is garbage without the bleeds. I’m sure other classes have the same issues. I can understand not having confusion, weakness, chilled etc have any effect, but poison, bleed, and burning (DoT based conditions) should have the same effect they have on regular mobs.

Posted by: crusnx.3725

crusnx.3725

if you have ele in party tell him to summon frost bow…. 4th skill from bow will down burrow hp to like 10%….

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

Can’t wait for the fix to this. Hate having my lightning whip or projectiles miss or obstructed by nothing.=((

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

BrunoBRS.5178

We’re very aware it is happening with bunches of structures (bunches being a super technical design term). The fix SHOULD fix a lot of situations.

lol, and thanks for the reply. just hope it’s sooner than later, i wouldn’t want to carry a sword around with my thief just so i can punch the occasional structure.

BrunoBRS.5178

equally frustrating is the lack of condition stacking on these things. A condition spec’d necro using Scepter is just useless as the base damage is garbage without the bleeds. I’m sure other classes have the same issues. I can understand not having confusion, weakness, chilled etc have any effect, but poison, bleed, and burning (DoT based conditions) should have the same effect they have on regular mobs.

how do you bleed a log?

only one i can see making sense is burning.

what they could do is turn the condition damage into bonus raw damage VS structures. not DoT, just extra damage. say you poison for 100 damage, and hit for another 100. instead of causing 100 damage to the structure, or causing 100 damage and applying poison for another 100, it would cause 200 damage. the DoT could be scaled to keep things from getting absurd (read: instagibbing structures), but i think there’s potential in this idea.

Posted by: Eileithia.5246

Eileithia.5246

I get that it may “break immersion” for some people because no, you can’t bleed or poison a log/door/rock whatever, but I think it may be an easier fix by saying X/Y/Z conditions can effect this object as opposed to rewriting the skill system to have a separate number for mob vs object on those conditions and still keep the DPS in check.

Lmnotz.2057

Thanks for at least recognizing and acknowledging that it is a problem..hope it gets fixed soon..also..glad to see progression made on dungeons based on community input

Posted by: mentalist.3120

mentalist.3120

Im glad someone above me said frost bow i been using it for weeks now. takes burrows down in like 1 shot. And 2 people can use it !.

Posted by: Brazensage.1328

Brazensage.1328

bump for general AC bug awareness

Posted by: nephilim.9357

nephilim.9357

This is still an important issue that needs to get fixed.

Posted by: DavidGX.1723

DavidGX.1723

I don’t understand how an issue like this even makes it to the live game. Was this issue not noticed in alpha/beta? That couldn’t be the case.

Posted by: Dead.7385

Dead.7385

“how do you bleed a log?”

How do you throw a greatsword the size of your body like a boomerang, then have it circle in a perfect 360, THEN turn around (though a wall most of the time mind you), and come back to you and grab it taking no physical injury?

Posted by: Drake Brimstone.3706

Drake Brimstone.3706

“how do you bleed a log?”

How do you throw a greatsword the size of your body like a boomerang, then have it circle in a perfect 360, THEN turn around (though a wall most of the time mind you), and come back to you and grab it taking no physical injury?

It’s called “Magic” :P

BTW, trees have blood, we call it Sap. It flows alot faster then people think, only becomming viscus on contact with Air. That is how bugs get trapped in Amber, they wern’t just to slow to move out of the way of the slow moving sap, it Flowed quite quickly when the tree was injured, enveloping the bug before solidifying.

Posted by: shynu.7081

shynu.7081

As a guardian, I dance around the burrows like left and right. It WILL hit the burrows, however I don’t know how a range class will hit it.

Posted by: Lorath.2504

Lorath.2504

how do you bleed a log?

Just rename the debuffs when used on objects. Poison becomes acid, bleed becomes structural damage, burning can stay as is. There. Problem solved.

(edited by Lorath.2504)

Posted by: Targren.6073

Targren.6073

how do you bleed a log?

How do you bleed, burn, or poison a walking pile of rocks, for that matter. You couldn’t in GW1, and it seems to me that they decided to eschew “reality” in favor of not making classes like rangers and necros useless against those mobs (a good move, IMNSHO).

Posted by: iCeReal.2719

iCeReal.2719

I simply just dont target them, i am using melee weapons so it makes it easier.
I never understood why targeting a spicific structure that you can hit when you dont standing in the same exact location suddenly makes you miss.

And im also quite certain that i had no issues whatsoever on my ranger with structures ( yes i target them with range weapons ). allthough its been a while since i vent to a dungeon with it

Posted by: Day.4501

Day.4501

As someone else said, run in circles around it.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Still needs a fix

Posted by: Dead.7385

Dead.7385

It’s called “Magic” :P……

Not sure what side your on, but I was for Condition damage hitting objects. I was only trying to point out that a “realism” debate for why we can’t use condition dmg on objects is utterly pointless, because the game itself has no basis in it.

And if someone does use “magic” as a point, that is itself null because “magic” has no real property. I can easily say I can burn/bleed rocks by using “magic” the same way a ranger never has to feed his pet, or we never had to buy bullets/arrows to our ranged weapons.

(edited by Dead.7385)

Posted by: spreadsheets.9805

spreadsheets.9805

Are you also aware of this bug having to do with targeting?
If the player disables auto-target (so it doesn’t get targeted again), then deselects the burrow and just aims their attacks in its direction, they will all hit without problem. You don’t have to circle or do any weird stuff.

Posted by: Tres.5427

Tres.5427

If the player disables auto-target (so it doesn’t get targeted again), then deselects the burrow and just aims their attacks in its direction, they will all hit without problem. You don’t have to circle or do any weird stuff.

Don’t ever have to target the burrow at all just swing/shoot in general direction and everything will land.

spreadsheets.9805

Don’t ever have to target the burrow at all just swing/shoot in general direction and everything will land.

That is pretty much exactly what is written in my post.

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

Please remember condition damage affecting objects. INCLUDING confusion. I’m curious to know how you guys will deal with this one considering objects don’t activate abilities. Mesmer condition builds are super frustrating.

Posted by: Brazensage.1328

Brazensage.1328

Its easy to melee something without aiming…but shooting a bow without targeting?! Not a reasonable way to bypass the bug.

spreadsheets.9805

Its easy to melee something without aiming…but shooting a bow without targeting?! Not a reasonable way to bypass the bug.

Ranged attacks fly towards the middle of your screen. HTH
You don’t need to be mega exact at all.
It’s not like I said there wasn’t a problem, but let’s not act like the bug is hard to circumvent.

AsteriskCGY.5931

Still a problem. Still needs to be fixed.

Posted by: phooka.4295

phooka.4295

Robert?

It’s been 21 days or three weeks since you said you were aware of the problem and working on a solution, but yu didn’t have an ETA.

Obviously, we still don’t have a solution. But how about an ETA? Could you at the very least give us that?

Or how about “no sooner than”? Even if you don’t know when it’s going to be finished, you should at least know of a few patches it won’t be in for sure, even if it was finished today. There is testing, build-times etc., so if your developers tell you “surely not finished before the end of next week” you could reasonably make a statement like “not before december-patch”. Any hey, if it comes any sooner, we’d be happy. If it comes later than the “not before” date, that’s to be expected.

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

How about they remove the content/alter it until they can get it working as intended? Change these encounters completely (time consuming) or signifcantly reduce the spawn times on the burrows so that players have much more time to adjust to the obstruction bug and finish the encounter. It’s not fair that we are dealing with a known bug with no solution for so long.

Pull a WvW orb removal and remove/alter this content so that for as long as the bug isn’t fixed, the encounter is less frustrating than it’s current form.

AsteriskCGY.5931

They did fix TA blossoms, so this isn’t not doable.

Posted by: zencow.3651

zencow.3651

It is quite easy to melee burrows. Simply stand on top of the burrow just in front of the hole, look right at it and poke it with your sword/other melee, no need for fancy foreplay/strafing, just stand right there and give it all you got.

It guarantees hits every time as well as hits the gravelings spawned from them simultaneously.

Quasi-elitist dungeoneer and missing Gw1 GvGs greatly.
“GW2’s PvE is almost as bad as the PvP.”

(edited by zencow.3651)

Posted by: CptSlater.2457

CptSlater.2457

I get missed/out of range (!) messages 70% of the time with meele (thief dual dagger) no matter where I stand. (AC explorer, path 3) With ranged I get “obstructed” sometimes but it works (not a solution however). Very annoying and it’s amazing ANet couldn’t fix it since the release.

(edited by CptSlater.2457)

Posted by: Drake Brimstone.3706

Drake Brimstone.3706

It’s called “Magic” :P……

Not sure what side your on, but I was for Condition damage hitting objects. I was only trying to point out that a “realism” debate for why we can’t use condition dmg on objects is utterly pointless, because the game itself has no basis in it.

And if someone does use “magic” as a point, that is itself null because “magic” has no real property. I can easily say I can burn/bleed rocks by using “magic” the same way a ranger never has to feed his pet, or we never had to buy bullets/arrows to our ranged weapons.

You could say I was on your side. Magic has no basis in reality either, well Ok, some basis, but not to the extent we use it in a Fantacy game.