Fix the Twilight Arbor Forward/Up Path

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

The fight with the 2 quaggans, i thought was quite interesting. Shame it suffers from the same hp sponge problems as the other bosses in that dungeon.

Posted by: Bukkebruse.2810

Bukkebruse.2810

I helped a friend with HotW story the other day and it turned out that two of the bosses there use the exact same attacks as Andall and Ginva. I think one of them even had the same model as the explorable path counterpart. Really shows how much effort they put into designing the fights. :P

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

I helped a friend with HotW story the other day and it turned out that two of the bosses there use the exact same attacks as Andall and Ginva. I think one of them even had the same model as the explorable path counterpart. Really shows how much effort they put into designing the fights. :P

Quickly, Ctrl+C!

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

Another thing telling me HotW was kind of rushed out was the fact that there was a huge hole in the wall that let you walk from one path to the other…

Btw, has that been patched yet?

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

Man, if dungeon revamps are tied into Living Story, the changes are gonna be full of bugs and glitches and it’ll have terrible QA, unlike the pristine state of dungeons at the moment.

That’s gonna be awful!

Retired. Too many casuals.

Posted by: rafi.2304

rafi.2304

First of all, lol for posting in a TAFU thread…

Second of all, and more importantly, when the dungeon revamps hit, are you actually going to adjust the gold rewards for them according to their relative difficulty, or are you keeping the newly implemented lazy system.

Also, is there any incentive to change the dungeon token DR? Maybe add 40 tokens to a path and 20 to the daily instead, so that running different paths is better, but there is still some incentive to redo paths on different characters?

> mfw LoD goes back to mindlessly farming CoE on alts and ignoring every other dungeon.

or you go learn how to arah properly (tsk tsk), before it’s too late :O

get it

c:

(edited by rafi.2304)

Posted by: LostInSmoke.2590

LostInSmoke.2590

I just hope they fix the dungeon reward system. They need a buff to make up for the last patch, that was actually a nerf to dungeon rewards.

Posted by: Rage.9723

Rage.9723

Great to hear that this will most likely be fixed! A mechanic where a player does not have to move and can just freely DPS under reflects is not a great mechanic.

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

Haha I’m all for dungeon variety, but before the update it was nigh impossible to find a guild group for anything other than CoE. So despite currently not being able to rerun a path (not worth!) I’m still pro ‘anti-farm’ updates.
It used to be like, run the same dungeon over and over and over, whilst sitting there making fun of the CoF farmers, it was hypocrisy in its finest, and I’m very glad it’s no longer profitable. (Got kitten filtered there what the hell, please make a NSFW sub-forum so I can form sentences that make sense.)
However I wouldn’t mind some accurate gold rewards to be implemented ^-^

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

(edited by Dolan.3071)

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

….Is this…. still the dungeon forum?? I think I clicked on it but got redirected somewhere else. ….either that or TA is going to get the Detha treatment and F/U’ers will WISH they simply had the gimmicky fast but sometimes completely broken old version back

Another thing telling me HotW was kind of rushed out was the fact that there was a huge hole in the wall that let you walk from one path to the other…

Btw, has that been patched yet?

Hey hey hey…. ixnay on the olehay …. That was our Staring-Out-Window you so & so

(edited by ilr.9675)

Bright.9160

Haha I’m all for dungeon variety, but before the update it was nigh impossible to find a guild group for anything other than CoE. So despite currently not being able to rerun a path (not worth!) I’m still pro ‘anti-farm’ updates.
It used to be like, run the same dungeon over and over and over, whilst sitting there making fun of the CoF farmers, it was hypocrisy in its finest, and I’m very glad it’s no longer profitable. (Got kitten filtered there what the hell, please make a NSFW sub-forum so I can form sentences that make sense.)

Stop running with Rogers and Demona and run with me more often… I almost never do CoE. Arah > TA > CM > AC > CoE > SE >>> CoF >>>> … >>>> HotW is my personal order of favorite dungeons.

But yeah, it was getting pretty annoying when they farmed CoE all day. But still, I would like the 40 – 20 distribution over the 20 – 40 so I can do Arah on multiple characters and not feel like I wasted my time…

“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Stop running with Rogers and Demona and run with me more often… I almost never do CoE. Arah > TA > CM > AC > CoE > SE >>> CoF >>>> … >>>> HotW is my personal order of favorite dungeons.

But yeah, it was getting pretty annoying when they farmed CoE all day. But still, I would like the 40 – 20 distribution over the 20 – 40 so I can do Arah on multiple characters and not feel like I wasted my time…

After more than 30k Arah tokens, I could really just go for some more gold and/or dungeon specific-exotics. Man, even if they just got rid of pitiful piles and put an actual lodestone in there…

The recipes are fun to try and get, though. I still haven’t had a single one
-___________________-

The GW1 dungeon loot style of “x amount of unique exotics from y dungeon” would also bring some extra ‘flavour’ to dungeon paths.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Bright.9160

Help me get some leverage then

Although I think it’s highly unlikely they’ll bring it back, but it’s something from GW1 I really miss…

Posted by: lory.6748

lory.6748

Posting in Dev thread in the dungeon forum

Posted by: azureai.9764

azureai.9764

TA is high on the list of dungeon candidates as our permanent dungeon revamp/updates begin to start back up again as themes for some of our living world releases.

A dev in the dungeon forum?!? And Colin Johanson, no less. I guess now we know where a thread count hits critical mass. Thanks for the update, Colin. Hope it happens soon.

The problem with Forward/Up isn’t that it’s a hard boss that can’t be taken down by a good number of group compositions. (Though that last part is a problem.) The problem is that the difficulty spike of the boss is unreasonable – especially in a in a level 55 dungeon. Yeah, a mesmer and a group of DPS guardians/warriors can probably easily do this boss, but there are legitimate reasons why groups wouldn’t enjoy the boss and not just that they need to “LTP.”

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

“The problem is that the difficulty spike of the boss is unreasonable – especially in a in a level 55 dungeon.”

The spider queen in AC is more difficult than this boss and AC is the lowest level dungeon. The differences are that the spider queen adds do not respawn (neither fight resets to the start) and there are common knowledge AC tactics.

Bright.9160

The problem with Forward/Up isn’t that it’s a hard boss that can’t be taken down by a good number of group compositions. (Though that last part is a problem.) The problem is that the difficulty spike of the boss is unreasonable – especially in a in a level 55 dungeon. Yeah, a mesmer and a group of DPS guardians/warriors can probably easily do this boss, but there are legitimate reasons why groups wouldn’t enjoy the boss and not just that they need to “LTP.”

DPS gear isn’t even needed, since you can’t crit on the boss. So technically, someone wielding PVT or someone wielding full zerk are on equal grounds when it comes to taking down this boss.

Not to mention, it’s been done without using reflects, and I did it the other day with 3 people who hadn’t done TA in forever/at all, and it went just fine. All we had for reflects was my WoR and Shield of the Avenger and we did just fine.

This boss isn’t hard, people are just bad at this game. You just complain that he’s too hard to excuse your own incompetence.

Posted by: Aleth.9630

Aleth.9630

“The problem is that the difficulty spike of the boss is unreasonable – especially in a in a level 55 dungeon.”

The spider queen in AC is more difficult than this boss and AC is the lowest level dungeon. The differences are that the spider queen adds do not respawn (neither fight resets to the start) and there are common knowledge AC tactics.

Spider Queen can be incredibly easily trivialized into a dodge-a-single-telegraphed-attack boss though. Maybe I could even solo or duo it on my guardian.

Posted by: zerotwo.4731

zerotwo.4731

Never thought we would see a response from a dev. At least someone is reading. We look forward to changes in dungeons in general. To all the posters, we accomplished something we thought wasn’t possible so I beg you!!! Stop Ben Affleck from being Batman!!!

Broadicea.8294

Mr. Johanson is the game director, so not really a “dev” per se. More of a PR man in his position. What we want is actual dialogue with people doing the coding for dungeons.

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

Mr. Johanson is the game director, so not really a “dev” per se. More of a PR man in his position. What we want is actual dialogue with people doing the coding for dungeons.

There aren’t any of those people.

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

Broadicea.8294

Apparently there’s at least one person tinkering with fractals since they get changed in almost every patch. Yes I know there’s no dungeon team, but if what Colin says is true there are going to be people doing actual dungeon work.

Plus, there were people that did the coding for the revamped rewards. Those didn’t magically poof into existence.

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

Apparently there’s at least one person tinkering with fractals since they get changed in almost every patch. Yes I know there’s no dungeon team, but if what Colin says is true there are going to be people doing actual dungeon work.

Plus, there were people that did the coding for the revamped rewards. Those didn’t magically poof into existence.

Goblins did it.

Brazil

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

Doesn’t mean there is a dungeon team, I don’t think it’s that hard to actually make these changes and it doesn’t really need a whole team to make, maybe they got some people from the living story team and had them do these changes, as for what the rewards should be I don’t think they even played the dungeons, they just read some threads and it probably had something like
“cof is too easy, I don’t like AC changes, ZOMG arah is so hard/arah is the hardest dungeon,”
and they were like, ok… they didn’t mention other dungeons so lets just give them 1g…

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

Broadicea.8294

dude I know there’s not a dungeon team, fer chrissake

what I’m saying is CJ is not a dev, so there still hasn’t been a “dev posting in dungeon threads”

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Maybe dungeon team works in basement to release 7 dungeons revamp at the same time! Have faith.

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

I just wonder what Ganon is up to.

Brazil

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

Maybe dungeon team works in basement to release 7 dungeons revamp at the same time! Have faith.

There is a term for that. Interns.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

Posted by: Rage.9723

Rage.9723

The game director posting is more important than a developer. The game director will determine much more of what is done than a developer for the big picture.

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

I haven’t done CoE for a while now that I think about it. I try to do TA and AC daily (DEM RECIPES), then whatever other people are doing, maybe a bit of totally legit and non exploiting Arah runs…. I’ll learn how to do it properly when you can’t bug everything xD

Also be on during Oceanic ‘master race’ hours then!

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Posted by: Delay.6908

Delay.6908

I haven’t done CoE for a while now that I think about it. I try to do TA and AC daily (DEM RECIPES), then whatever other people are doing, maybe a bit of totally legit and non exploiting Arah runs…. I’ll learn how to do it properly when you can’t bug everything xD

Also be on during Oceanic ‘master race’ hours then!

You always have to go when we do our arah runs or our SE. Oceanic master race tho, i agree with that.

Dr Winston | [DnT]

Posted by: Xehanort.7034

Xehanort.7034

And you have to do it in one go, as the spiders don’t despawn (from what I’ve read).

They don’t despawn at all. And thats what screws everyone over. It’s nearly impossible to recover from the fight if the party wipes, which means you have to re-do the entire path just to be able to fight the tree again with a clean slate.

Broadicea.8294

Plenty of folks on this forum have demonstrated beating the tree the same way even after a wipe. It’s harder but not impossible.

Bukkebruse.2810

In case the people in this thread haven’t seen it, https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Robert-Hrouda-has-left-Arenanet

Edit:

To add to this, there’s a level 14 champion corrupted kodan in Snowden Drifts that’s a part of an event. It uses the very same model and attacks as Torn Fur in HotW P2.

(edited by Bukkebruse.2810)

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

If I may ask, Colin, is TA the highest on that revamp list? And, if not, which dungeon is?

If I had to guess, I would put CoF, SE, CoE or TA in the top four. The Living Story so far seems most closely related to the factions involved in those dugneons. The Molten Alliance touches on dredge and the Flame Legion so CoF and SE might be options. Scarlet has been involved with the Inquest in the past and asuran research is a big part of her history, so CoE could be a good fit. I only say TA because of Scarlet’s sylvari connection, she doesn’t appear to be a Nightmare Courtier but they might go down that road.

From a story perspective I suspect HotW, Arah and AC are less likely (AC also had its redesign). I can see CM as a possible option but it appears they have avoided that with the human plot so far, unless Kasmeer and Marjory get involved with that.

I wonder if they are prioritising it based on how badly a dungeon needs a redesign as opposed to how much the redesign fits in with the story they are trying to tell.

Posted by: Hicci.8761

Hicci.8761

TAkittenimpossible? I beg to differ. Sure you can’t blow past it with a party made of zerkers but honestly, that’s how every dungeon should be. Go back to your casual land.

Bukkebruse.2810

TAkittenimpossible? I beg to differ. Sure you can’t blow past it with a party made of zerkers but honestly, that’s how every dungeon should be. Go back to your casual land.

B-But you can

Bright.9160

Wut? Is he baiting?

Posted by: Emanuel.9781

Emanuel.9781

Just did a TAFU run with a few random guildies earlier, no optimized builds and lots of lag.

Rezardi [DnT] – Elite Playhowiwanter US
NemesisMMNecro [rT] – Trans-Transsylvanian RPer EU

Posted by: zencow.3651

zencow.3651

Just did a TAFU run with a few random guildies earlier, no optimized builds and lots of lag.

People who complain about TA UP are also people who complain about having to have a guardian/mes to reflect for them.

You won’t convince them so easy.

Quasi-elitist dungeoneer and missing Gw1 GvGs greatly.
“GW2’s PvE is almost as bad as the PvP.”

Posted by: Nikaido.3457

Nikaido.3457

People who complain about TA UP are also people who complain about having to have a guardian/mes to reflect for them.

No, there are a ton of people who had guards in the group who still complain how hard it is, and range him despite having a guard with new exploity techique such as max ranging with rangers to not aggro anything.

http://youtu.be/S3xKagfVz7E
http://youtu.be/PekHuA9cDJk
http://youtu.be/9WeRmFSVTlI

Here’s a 4men with only one guard and zero mes. I’m pretty sure it could be done as five (why does the 5 turn into “kitten”..) men with no guard if the 5th was a class like ele/thief etc with some blind and reflect of their own.
Also, no actual burst dps to speak of beside the poor lone war. No lightning hammer, no fiery greatsword, not really trying much to maximize might etc.

The only way I’d see a group fail this boss in a 5 people party that coordinate a little is to have 5 necro/5war or a mix of both.

Hell, in the videos I linked both the ele and guard wasted the reflect because you should only start casting them when he does his first shake.

This boss doesn’t need a nerf. The only thing it needs is for the fight to restart after a fail. That’s a reasonable demand.

I never had a group made from friendlist that failed this though.

- “No tears, please. It’s a waste of good suffering.”

(edited by Nikaido.3457)

Posted by: zencow.3651

zencow.3651

No, there are a ton of people who had guards in the group who still complain how hard it is, and range him despite having a guard with new exploity techique such as max ranging with rangers to not aggro anything.

http://youtu.be/S3xKagfVz7E
http://youtu.be/PekHuA9cDJk
http://youtu.be/9WeRmFSVTlI

Here’s a 4men with only one guard and zero mes. I’m pretty sure it could be done as five (why does the 5 turn into “kitten”..) men with no guard if the 5th was a class like ele/thief etc with some blind and reflect of their own.
Also, no actual burst dps to speak of beside the poor lone war. No lightning hammer, no fiery greatsword, not really trying much to maximize might etc.

The only way I’d see a group fail this boss in a 5 people party that coordinate a little is to have 5 necro/5war or a mix of both.

Hell, in the videos I linked both the ele and guard wasted the reflect because you should only start casting them when he does his first shake.

This boss doesn’t need a nerf. The only thing it needs is for the fight to restart after a fail. That’s a reasonable demand.

I never had a group made from friendlist that failed this though.

Well ya, baddies are baddies. They’d rather have the easy way out than L2P under the assumption that it’s not their fault and that the content is ‘unfair’ and give the ‘play how I want’ arguement and refuse to change their skills.

It’s sad that dungeons, which were intended for hardcore players, is now getting nerfed to be easier so casuals could complete them… it’s like there’s no place left for hardcore players in this game.

Quasi-elitist dungeoneer and missing Gw1 GvGs greatly.
“GW2’s PvE is almost as bad as the PvP.”

(edited by zencow.3651)

Posted by: Nikaido.3457

Nikaido.3457

http://i.imgur.com/pZMSdql.png

An excerpt from map chat that reminded me of why all these people faceplant so bad on things like these. Does anet really want to cater to the crowd of "it’s a wvwvw build, it “pwn” in wvwvw it’s good enough for pve"?

- “No tears, please. It’s a waste of good suffering.”

Posted by: Delay.6908

Delay.6908

http://i.imgur.com/pZMSdql.png

An excerpt from map chat that reminded me of why all these people faceplant so bad on things like these. Does anet really want to cater to the crowd of "it’s a wvwvw build, it “pwn” in wvwvw it’s good enough for pve"?

wow.. that map chat ._. dem bunker guards new PvE meta! pwning all the dungeons!

Dr Winston | [DnT]

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

WELL…. do well … oh who am I kidding. It’s a lot more telling in the original vernacular

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

but my staff ele in 0/010/30/30 full clerics with dwayna runes is 100% viable in dungeons. I will make sure anyone who disagrees with me get infracted.

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

I wish you were joking, but the amount of times I’ve been infracted pretty much just for having a different viewpoint.

Sigh.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Bright.9160

Your 5 got ‘kittened’ because you wrote as ‘5’ and in 1337speak, 5 is an S, meaning you spelled the word that people use to describe the peripherals around the hole where feces come out of.

Try typing ’ 45 seconds ’ with ‘seconds’ abbreviated to ‘s’.

The filter on this site is beyond moronic. It’s flipping pants-on-head-ret*rded.

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

It is at the point where I struggle to even call that a filter

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: Emanuel.9781

Emanuel.9781

Rezardi [DnT] – Elite Playhowiwanter US