Fractal Weapon Ticket

Fractal Weapon Ticket

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

This thread was ‘revived’ september 28th, ur a little late tree.

Fractal Weapon Ticket

Posted by: Spade.4386

Spade.4386

@spad e 50 pristine is nothing…
As said even 166 would be way too easy…because that is calculated on level 48 and you get pristines at 10+

The rng is a total excuse….as i proved people wants easy skins.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but you haven’t proven anything. All you said is that people shouldn’t be getting the skins easily. Make it an achievement then. You get a claim ticket after 500 fractals or you have to complete fractal specific achievements, whatever. I never suggested that the skins should be made available easily and to everyone. The 50 relics thing was just an example. Make it 500 relics for all I care. I merely said that after TONS of hours invested in doing fractals, after hitting level 50+, after having 985476594867 level 48 runs and after getting several unwanted skins, the LEAST one should receive is the skin they want. All I care about is the fairness towards those who do put A LOT of effort into doing fractals. I don’t care about the “how”. I’m sure Anet could easily find a way to do it, without making it too easy.

The game should be more than fractal runs. And right now, just because of that skin, it’s all I do. Everyone has their limits. Yours might be 12 hrs a day fractals for 6 months. Mine isn’t. I will sooner or later give up and give the finger to it all, because tbfh I’d hate to be like my guildie who is STILL trying to get his wish skin after 1k runs. And I’m not even making this up. This case really exists and I bet it’s not the only one.

As for the RNG promoting a steady playtime from the players. No. If anything, it’s absolutely counterproductive when it goes horribly wrong and we all know that it does often enough. People get frustrated and leave, simple as. Anet already have us doing the same thing over and over and over again with the living story, every time with a different label. We really shouldn’t keep being punished for dancing to their tune with atrocious RNG chances, at least not when it comes to these skins.

(edited by Spade.4386)

Fractal Weapon Ticket

Posted by: Syn Sity.5826

Syn Sity.5826

Why would they remove something that keeps people playing the game? Retention is a large part of why RNG is so prevalent.

because players that get really bad rng streaks start to look at other games

This game is more addicting than heroin… just try to stop

You should try heroin.

[DnT]

Fractal Weapon Ticket

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

……

You should read the discussion you try to reply to….

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Fractal Weapon Ticket

Spade.4386

……

I did. And this is no decent argument by the way. xD

If I wanted to explain it any simpler, I’d have to fetch the crayons and draw it for you. Which I won’t.

Fractal Weapon Ticket

LordByron.8369

……

If I wanted to explain it any simpler, I’d have to fetch the crayons and draw it for you. Which I won’t.

No you need only to read…..thing that you clearly did not.
Because everything you said was already answered……

I could just link every quote who already answered your points, and the ssimilar quotes to yours….but since you are not so nice i think i won t lose my time and just tell you to read the Whole topic.

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Fractal Weapon Ticket

Spade.4386

……

No you need only to read…..thing that you clearly did not.
Because everything you said was already answered……

I could just link every quote who already answered your points, and the ssimilar quotes to yours….but since you are not so nice i think i won t lose my time and just tell you to read the Whole topic.

Have a nice day! Buhbai!

Fractal Weapon Ticket

Posted by: GoZero.9708

GoZero.9708

Just change the Fractal Weapon skin drop as they are now into a Fractal Weapon Box similar to how the Ascended weapon boxes are, you open it up and pick one of the skins.

Let the current untransmuted weapons we probably all have lying in our banks be Mystic Forge-able with some Shards and Globs and maybe a Gift of Ascension into a Weapon Box.

Problem solved.

Fractal Weapon Ticket

Posted by: Shiki.2845

Shiki.2845

I really hope they change it, i have a total of 341 runs which I’ve done 250+ runs on 30+. I didn’t get a single skin out of it x.x . . . annoyed

Fractal Weapon Ticket

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

I really hope they change it, i have a total of 341 runs which I’ve done 250+ runs on 30+. I didn’t get a single skin out of it x.x . . . annoyed

You realize the number that shows up on Fractal Frequenter counts every single Fractal you do, right? So that means if you do an even level, you’ll get 4 fractals towards your frequenter and an uneven will grant you 3.

Let’s say you only did even levels, ever. That would mean that, in order to get to lvl30, you’d need to account for 120 of those 341 levels. Which is consequently exactly 30 dailies. The first 20 dailies don’t even give you a chance for a weapon, so that’s 0 out of 10 runs in the 20-30 range, which isn’t unreasonable at all.

That leaves you with 221 fractal levels of 30+ which is equal to 55 runs. With a 5% chance to get a weapon at lvl30+, you’ll get a chance of not getting a weapon for 55 runs of about 0.06, or 6%. This is not at all unreasonable

Let’s say my assumptions are wrong, and that you didn’t do evens only. That is not an unreasonable assumption. Let’s say you did a 50/50 split of even and uneven. That means that you did approximately 37 even levels and 64 uneven levels (this grants us a total of levels of 340 instead of 341 though, but still, we’re talking approximation). Let’s say you leveled your Fractals by doing the levels as supposed to: 1 – 2 – 3 – …

That would mean you used up 15 unevens and 15 evens to get to level 30, or 105 levels. With a total of 5 dailies in between lvl20 and lvl30, again not unreasonable not to get a weapon here. This leaves you with 235 levels, evenly spread between even and uneven. This grants you 22 dailies of 30+. Because we assume you progress normally, this leaves you 5 level 30 dailies and 17 level 40 dailies. We assume the chance of a weapon at lvl30+ to be 5% and the chance of a weapon at 40+ 15%. Some might say these numbers should be higher, but since you have bad RNG, the lower the chances, the better your story appears to be. With these assumptions you get a chance of no weapon at around 0.048 or about 5%. Again, this assumption is not at all unreasonable.

Let’s say in the 50/50 scenario, you never progressed to 40+. You only did lvl30’s. That means the chance of you not getting a weapon is 0.324 or about 32.4%, meaning this is a completely reasonable assumption.

Let’s assume though that you actually did 341 30+ even runs, that would mean the chance of you not getting a weapon is ~2.5 E-8. Something I don’t believe for a second. And that’s not factoring in potential 40+’s, which would increase your chances by a quite significant amount.

You’re just a little bit unlucky.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

(edited by Bright.9160)

Fractal Weapon Ticket

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Im guessing you were bored Bright?

Fractal Weapon Ticket

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Hmmmmm….how about put any 4 fractal skins into the mystic forge to get a fractal weapon token that can be turned in for fractal weapon skin of your choice?

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

Fractal Weapon Ticket

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

Im guessing you were bored Bright?

That wasn’t much of an effort at all. The math needed to come to those conclusions is so basic I could do it in high school.

Who ever complained in high school about math being useless and not being useful in real life ever was kindly mistaken though. I use it to prove people wrong on the internet all the time.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

Fractal Weapon Ticket

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I bet they didnt expect that use while teaching it though haha.

Fractal Weapon Ticket

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

level 40 fotm drop weapons at a 40% drop rate through rng you can get what you want if you do enough of them. I got 20 weapon I’m not using so many other better skins you can get. I don’t think weapons should be made easier. If anything there should be a recipe to make them ascended.

Fractal Weapon Ticket

Posted by: Adam.4103

Adam.4103

level 40 fotm drop weapons at a 40% drop rate through rng you can get what you want if you do enough of them. I got 20 weapon I’m not using so many other better skins you can get. I don’t think weapons should be made easier. If anything there should be a recipe to make them ascended.

Got to love when people make up random statistics.

Adam The Vanquisher
Gandara

Fractal Weapon Ticket

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

People only make up statistics 83% of the time.

RIP in peace Robert

Fractal Weapon Ticket

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

People only make up statistics 83% of the time.

72% of the time those made up statistics are correct which means 17% of statistics are researched and correct, 60% are made up but correct, and only 23% of all reported statistics are actually wrong.

Fractal Weapon Ticket

LordByron.8369

Hmmmmm….how about put any 4 fractal skins into the mystic forge to get a fractal weapon token that can be turned in for fractal weapon skin of your choice?

i would totally like this….

Wouldn t destroy rarity of fotms skins while giving EASY access to the one you want for a cost.

GW2 balance:

Fractal Weapon Ticket

Ethics.4519

i would totally like this….

Wouldn t destroy rarity of fotms skins while giving EASY access to the one you want for a cost.

This isn’t enough RNG.

Make it 3 weapon skins + a token for the weapon skin you want that randomly drops from only 1 fotm round that changes daily. You don’t know what that round is though, as it’s based off of RNG. Once it drops, it changes to a party member’s inventory randomly every 5-30 min (of course the time is randomly chosen). At random, the coin may drop to the ground and you have a chance to pick it up again.

Once this is all thrown in the forge, it will either randomly give you the skin you want, another coin for a different skin, nothing at all, or a mini pet that is made up of random numbers.

See, RNG is FUN! ANet says so!

RIP in peace Robert

Fractal Weapon Ticket

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

. i do agree that having a ticket drop would ruin the prestige factor of these skins

i think by having the fractal skins sell for something like 50 pristine relics for 2hand and 40 for 1h would be fair, though. in this case, the only people that would be able to afford the skin they want are those people who have done kittenloads of dailies for them. i think everyone wins in this case.

I disagree with having a ticket drop would ruin the “prestige”(not that i care about the prestige). You still have to go into fractals to get the weaps and chances are still low on lower lvls. It would just save people loads of time where they can be doing other things in this game. Instead of making money in dungeons i spend about 45mins in fractal 48 everyday hoping to get the weapon i want. I get no other reward out of doing fractals and about 95% of the time i get nothing or a weapon i can’t use. It’s just ridiculously time consuming! I’m really hoping they make some good changes to fractals next month.

I’m all for having them tradeable through pristine relics though!

For prestige value, I think they need to take a tip from korean MMOs.

Lvl 20-29 should drop just the plain skin. 30-39 could drop the skin with a slight glow/effect. 40-49 would be a more intense glow/effect. etc

Eventually you could start to change colors as well.

Another gud idea.

Fractal Weapon Ticket

LordByron.8369

. i do agree that having a ticket drop would ruin the prestige factor of these skins

i think by having the fractal skins sell for something like 50 pristine relics for 2hand and 40 for 1h would be fair, though. in this case, the only people that would be able to afford the skin they want are those people who have done kittenloads of dailies for them. i think everyone wins in this case.

I disagree with having a ticket drop would ruin the “prestige”(not that i care about the prestige). You still have to go into fractals to get the weaps and chances are still low on lower lvls. It would just save people loads of time where they can be doing other things in this game. Instead of making money in dungeons i spend about 45mins in fractal 48 everyday hoping to get the weapon i want. I get no other reward out of doing fractals and about 95% of the time i get nothing or a weapon i can’t use. It’s just ridiculously time consuming! I’m really hoping they make some good changes to fractals next month.

I’m all for having them tradeable through pristine relics though!

For prestige value, I think they need to take a tip from korean MMOs.

Lvl 20-29 should drop just the plain skin. 30-39 could drop the skin with a slight glow/effect. 40-49 would be a more intense glow/effect. etc

Eventually you could start to change colors as well.

Another gud idea.

to make old fractal runners rewards useless….

Unless you remove from the droptable current skins.

4 skins are easy to get for a fractal player…

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a37/DawnAmber/gw050.jpg

this is from last week…got 3 more since then….and i m not a lucky player for sure…

GW2 balance:

Fractal Weapon Ticket

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

You shouldn’t have done that screenshot with your greatsword.

Fractal Weapon Ticket

LordByron.8369

Oh sorry i forgot that Sw/sw is more effective in front of LA bank….

GW2 balance:

Fractal Weapon Ticket

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Greatsword is heavier so you move slower. At least in Divinity’s Reach where RPs reside.

Fractal Weapon Ticket

Ethics.4519

I prefer sw/focus so I can drop temp curtain and reflect anything shooting at the proud commanders protecting the bank.

RIP in peace Robert

Fractal Weapon Ticket

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

Also, at higher Fractal levels the weapon skins become more common, and also start dropping in a container that lets you pick the one you want.

Found in this thread

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

Fractal Weapon Ticket

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Also, at higher Fractal levels the weapon skins become more common, and also start dropping in a container that lets you pick the one you want.

Found in this thread

inb4 droprate of the container
/hysterical laughter

Fractal Weapon Ticket

Posted by: Da Sonic.6521

Da Sonic.6521

5 months late, but this is some progress. I approve.

Genesis Theory [GT] (HoD)

Fractal Weapon Ticket

Posted by: Severen Pendragon.3902

Severen Pendragon.3902

Once anyone/everyone has a Fractal wpn., who will still want one? Duh.

Fractal Weapon Ticket

Posted by: OMNIBUS.2913

OMNIBUS.2913

Once anyone/everyone has a Fractal wpn., who will still want one? Duh.

I will! my guard will keep using them :]

Fractal Weapon Ticket

Da Sonic.6521

Found in this thread

/hysterical laughter

A little late, but given that it is my thread, I suppose I’ll toss this here too.

“This is not considered a bug.
The Fractal Skin Box is not dropping for the Fractal levels currently available (up to level 50).
It’s not accessible to anyone at this time.” -Regina Buenaobra

Fractal Weapon Ticket

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

Found in this thread

/hysterical laughter

A little late, but given that it is my thread, I suppose I’ll toss this here too.

“This is not considered a bug.
The Fractal Skin Box is not dropping for the Fractal levels currently available (up to level 50).
It’s not accessible to anyone at this time.” -Regina Buenaobra

Yeah, but that quote comes from my thread, so this is a shameless link to it.

No? Ok, well, I tried.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

Fractal Weapon Ticket

Da Sonic.6521

So how about those Fractal Skin Boxes. Really enjoying those drops since the Fractured update back in November.