Fractal lvl 41 – Empyreal Fragments
Fractal lvl 35 – Uninfused Ring
Fractal lvl 28 – Empyreal Fragments
Fractal lvl 15 – Empyreal Fragments

3/21/14
Fractal lvl 42 – Empyreal Fragments
Fractal lvl 36 – Empyreal Fragments
Fractal lvl 29 – Empyreal Fragments

This is a small sample but represents ~15 hours worth of playtime in fractals.

The dust/fragments are not useful to me because I don’t craft much & could easily get way more from dungeon runs (I had 20 stacks of each but literally trashed 30+ overall stacks for storage space).

I currently have ~6 infused rings and ~20 uninfused rings in storage that I might have to sell for their 5s because I can’t sell them to people and they can’t be salvaged.

I make ~1.5-2 gold per daily run. I salvage all my drops for ecto/luck.

Fractal relics are only useful for skill points at this point, and pristine relics are only useful in that they convert to fractal relics…which are still not very useful.

This amount of time spent attempting to get ascended gear/fractal weapons and having absolutely nothing to show for it seems to be a bit off. This is easily the most difficult PvE content in the game.

I think that ascended weapons/armor, or more realistically, fractal weapons, should be purchasable for fractal relics. 2k fractal relics…5k…10k…whatever keeps them prestigious would work for me. This would make it so that even if I don’t get lucky with drops, at the end of each run I’ll know I am slightly closer to achieving my goal. However, because this is not the way rewards are being implemented in FoTM, right now I am statistically no closer to getting the items I seek than I was ~ two weeks ago, and yet in that time I’ve put in 40+ hours trying to get them and have very little to show for it.

(edited by CytoSlide.1693)

Fractal rewards

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

i will never get my desired 2 fractal swords… i play fotm since its release and i can only dream about them

Fractal rewards

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

An update… 4 more runs 38-40-49-49
Got nothing 3 times and a fractal staff…. meh, that could’ve been a sword.
/throws up

Fractal rewards

Posted by: Clyan.1593

Clyan.1593

I’m really disappointed! The daily chest reward has not gotten better, it has gotten WORSE!!!!
I did lvl50 every day since the patch and never got anything! Not even a ring!
And as i can see a lot of other plp experience the same problem.
You did not increase the chance of good reward, you DEcreased it!

And yes, i’m furiously raging! It’s so tedious!

ANet, fix this!

“Bagh Nakh! Bagh Nakh!”
– Dark Lord of Moshpoipoi

Fractal rewards

Posted by: Grene Jello.4651

Grene Jello.4651

Regarding the daily reward chest are we still getting that pop up window at the end that contains the ascended rewards, similar to the window we get at the end of a normal dungeon run?

I ask as its been months since I ran any fractals, and wondering if the reward screen/window has changed.

I’m was level 33 when before my first run today, I completed a level 49, then completed a level 38. I’m now at level 35. Both runs today I didn’t get that window pop up after the end of the last boss. I’m pretty sure I didn’t get the 1 gold or so reward as well.

I’m wondering this is a bug, am I not getting my daily rewards, or did Anet just remove that old screen?

Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

sPvP Videos on my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/ixigreenixi

Fractal rewards

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

You only get one reward per 1-10, 11-20, 21-30, 31-40, 41-50 per day (this might be offset by one, I forget exactly).

Fractal rewards

Grene Jello.4651

You should get a daily reward for every tier i.e. 1-10, 11-20, 21-30, etc. that you complete a run in.

Again my question is.. did Anet change the reward screen at the end to remove the popup window with the graphic of the chest and the rewards below it or what?

Fractal rewards

deSade.9437

Uninfused ring from 20, infused from 49. Oh yeah.

Fractal rewards

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

Regarding the daily reward chest are we still getting that pop up window at the end that contains the ascended rewards, similar to the window we get at the end of a normal dungeon run?

I ask as its been months since I ran any fractals, and wondering if the reward screen/window has changed.

I’m was level 33 when before my first run today, I completed a level 49, then completed a level 38. I’m now at level 35. Both runs today I didn’t get that window pop up after the end of the last boss. I’m pretty sure I didn’t get the 1 gold or so reward as well.

I’m wondering this is a bug, am I not getting my daily rewards, or did Anet just remove that old screen?

Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

Nothing on both runs seems off. You should have gotten one daily chest at the end of your 49 run.
And to answer your question more precisely: You still get the daily little popup chest that opens into a small yellow underlayed window where it gives you your relics, fragments and possibly fractal skins, rings weapon/armour chests (if you’re lucky).

Of course you would only get one end chest due to the fact that the 49 exceeded your maximum personal reward tier and thus it was counted as another 31-40 for you.
Are you certain that you didn’t finish another 31+ fractal the same day? Maybe shortly after reset or something similar?

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

Fractal rewards

Grene Jello.4651

Yep, I am certain! I’m completely honest in saying I completed well over 750 runs since the introduction of the fractals ( I was at level 50 for months before the update that booted us back down to 30, which caused me to stop doing fractals really), so I’m well aware of how the tiers break down, when i can expect the Daily reward chest and all that. (I hope that doesn’t come off as snooty lol)

The fact I haven’t really run the fractals then since that faithful update made me want to double check that the UI didn’t change, before opening up that bug report can-o-worms with Anet.

Thanks for the confirmation!

Fractal rewards

Posted by: Embrace The Bold.7619

Embrace The Bold.7619

Done 3 lvl 38 runs in the past three days all of which have given me UNinfused rings. Something is seriously broken I don’t even get any rares from the boss chest anymore.

The Sickest Guild NA

(edited by Embrace The Bold.7619)

Fractal rewards

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

I think I know where all the luck went. :x

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Fractal rewards

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

It’s probably just RNG, but I’ve noticed that I seem to get much better luck with drops on certain Fractals. (Level 7, and now Level 12.)

Fractal rewards

Posted by: Pacer.6143

Pacer.6143

They did buff the rewards, finished a couple of runs, got 1 armor box (condi) from level 49, and 2 weapon (settlers and knight) box from level 22 and 29. Still useless tho, because it’s not berserker

Fractal rewards

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

post patch 5 level 50 runs…
drop: 1 UNINFUSED ring and out of those 5 i heard just 1 armor drop in the party.
I hear all guild dropping stuff from level 10 to 30…

Loot tables are obviously broken….

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Fractal rewards

Silberfisch.3046

Maybe they are inversed.
So you geht the ascended stuff on the lower levels where you still have to collect gear so you can advance through the tiers.
While this would make halfway sense considering making it easier to gear up for higher levels, it would be completely bonkers to make he higher more difficult tiers less rewarding.

On a more serious note: in the overall picture even, counting all the runs postulated so far in this thread, our sample size still is kinda small-ish speaking from a scientific point of view. Plus all those who are happy with their new fantastic shinies are less likely to post here, because for some reason people seem to be less vocal with praise than with complaints.
Without more samples including positives it’s tricky to deduce anything really conclusive yet.

Fractal rewards

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

I, personally, love posting my shinies and rubbing it in everyone’s face.

Unfortunately, the shiniest things I’ve gotten lately from fractals were 3 inscriptions from account bound exotics, and a crystalline band (uninfused)

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Fractal rewards

Silberfisch.3046

Truth be told, we have little positive to share at this time as well. Though fractal business has been a bit slow on our end the past few weeks and we have only done 5 runs since the update.
We got a couple of infused and uninfused rings, 2 fractal skins and that’s it. Since we can only come up with a total of 25 individual fractal completions, we didn’t think too much of the results in terms of being an adequate sample.

Fractal rewards

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

More uninfused rings. Although one of us got a condi armour box last night. First decent reward since update and weve run 1-2 fractals every day since the patch.

Fractal rewards

deSade.9437

it would be completely bonkers to make he higher more difficult tiers less rewarding.

This is sooooo anet. I bet it’s the case.

Fractal rewards

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

You will never hear me say this again, but it could just be RnG, I have ran 1000’s of fractals, and never gotten a fractal skin, or anything super expensive, I did get 1 fractal recipe that is it,

Yet a friend of mine since the fractured update, has gotten 8 maybe 9 ascended weapons boxes now and a pre-cursor, another got an ascended weapon from a lvl 19 fractal reward and they hardly run fractals

The way this game rewards ppl is beyond broken, and hopefully when anet start doing there feature updates, this will be addressed, so personally I don’t know how much long I can be bothered to log in to do dailies/same boring stuff each day for no rewards.

Fractal rewards

Lilith Ajit.6173

Fractal… Recipe? What’s this?

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

Fractal rewards

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

I think he means the rune and sigil recipes. I’ve gotten two Exuberance rune recipes so far.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Fractal rewards

Lilith Ajit.6173

I think he means the rune and sigil recipes. I’ve gotten two Exuberance rune recipes so far.

Fascinating. I have not, that’s for sure.

[ARES]

Fractal rewards

Posted by: IrisTheCasual.3742

IrisTheCasual.3742

I have maybe like 15 recipes for sigil of momentum :|

Fractal rewards

Posted by: Laar.5476

Laar.5476

In the past 50 or so fractals I might have gotten half a dozen uninfused rings, but today I totally got a clerics weapon chest; I can finally get rid of all my zerker things and be the healing guardian I was meant to be.

Fractal rewards

Lilith Ajit.6173

In the past 50 or so fractals I might have gotten half a dozen uninfused rings, but today I totally got a clerics weapon chest; I can finally get rid of all my zerker things and be the healing guardian I was meant to be.

So jealous. That skin is gorgeous.

Wupwup skin is second best, IMO.

[ARES]

Fractal rewards

deSade.9437

Vitality or condi damage as main stats.

Fractal rewards

Clyan.1593

I just ran lvl49 and yet again i did get nothing else than an uninfused ring. Before the patch i rarely got one that wasn’t infused. I mean, the patch notes say the higher lvl you play the better your reward will be – at least you have a higher chance on that. But what i experienced since the patch is beyond rediculous. No matter what lvl i played.

Come on, ANet, it’s broken and you know it! Fix it, PLS!

“Bagh Nakh! Bagh Nakh!”

Fractal rewards

Lilith Ajit.6173

If it’s broken and you know it, report a bug (report report)
If it’s broken and you know it, and you want anet to ignore it,
if it’s broken and you know it, report a bug. (Report report)

[ARES]

Fractal rewards

Silberfisch.3046

I would so love to get a sentinel or shaman ascended weapon box. I need more blue weapon skins for my guardian.

I still have a magi box on my bank trying to decide which of my twinks needs a white skin the most.

Fractal rewards

Clyan.1593

As long as you are not ignoring me, i’m happy.
Btw i think you are broken too, but you don’t know it.

“Bagh Nakh! Bagh Nakh!”

Fractal rewards

Lilith Ajit.6173

As long as you are not ignoring me, i’m happy.
Btw i think you are broken too, but you don’t know it.

I… Was agreeing with you T.T why so mean?

[ARES]

Fractal rewards

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

The problem with the selectable stats for ONE type of gear, is that its still just as essentially useless as before,

Most of the time you will get the useless condition/healingpower crap, and that would be even worse as its in a set item, not just any piece to choose from.

What if you already have the kitten ascended gear piece for that slot? too bad your chest is useless.

I have also noticed that the drop rate looks lower then before, in the last 6 days none of my party has seen an ascended chest, where previously, for the last 3-4 months, we has been seeing 1-2 every 2-4 fractals.

Fractal rewards

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Beginning to wonder is there something wrong here now, my party runs lvl 49 daily, for the last 3 days none of us have even had a ring from the end chest let alone anything else, know RnG is being thrown about but If you take 5 ppl opening 5 daily chests over 3 days, your talking 15 chests and nothing other than fragments and relics, come on………………………….

Fractal rewards

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

I… Was agreeing with you T.T why so mean?

Lilith, I thought it was quite pithy.

There are certain people you should always ignore.

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Fractal rewards

Posted by: NinjaTurtleMD.6278

NinjaTurtleMD.6278

Since the update has anyone noticed that the first day the drops were good and now they arn’t?
My guild has about 15 people that do 49s daily.
The first day after patch 2 groups had 1 armor drop in each and mine had 3 armor boxes drop.
Since then only 1 or 2 armor boxes have dropped and we have all been running 49s everyday.
Was the drop rate too high and has since been nerfed?

I will say the update has us running 49s more often, we started running 37s and 20s because the weapon box drop rate seemed to match that of a 49 and took a lot less time.

NSP

Fractal rewards

Posted by: ODB.6891

ODB.6891

Scenario:

No one runs fractals anymore because the rewards are garbage.

Response (bait and switch):

Inform player base that you have increased rewards.
Increase rewards for one day.
Lower rewards below previous level afterwards.
Profit from the players’ delusions that rewards have increased.

Fractal rewards

deSade.9437

Scenario:

What profit?

Fractal rewards

Posted by: Ramiel.4931

Ramiel.4931

I actually got a (worthless) Chest of Healer’s Ascended Gloves after the patch.

But yeah, my blood starts boiling the moment I see an uninfused ring from a >30 run. And the general rewards are just garbage.

Fractal rewards

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

Just got a raiders boots chest from lvl 28 so I’m not complaining. Didn’t have zerk ascended armor yet.

Fractal rewards

Posted by: Zepidel.5349

Zepidel.5349

If go- guys could just get ascended armor from doing dungeons then how the heck is anet gonna make money off crafting boosters and gem to gold conversions for crafting mats?

You guys are really entitled

Fractal rewards

ODB.6891

Scenario:

What profit?

Renewed interest in the game/content. Not sure how that was hard to figure out. Players who actually think the game is worth playing/rewarding, will be more likely to invest in the game (play it and possibly make gem purchases).

Fractal rewards

ODB.6891

If go- guys could just get ascended armor from doing dungeons then how the heck is anet gonna make money off crafting boosters and gem to gold conversions for crafting mats?

You guys are really entitled

I’m hoping, for your sake, that that was sarcasm lol. Anyway, why advertise ascended armor drops from fractals (not dungeons) if not intended to actually let that reward actually happen. Otherwise, it was just dishonest of them to do so…much less to then follow it up with advertisement that the drop rate had been “improved”.

Fractal rewards

deSade.9437

Scenario:

What profit?

Renewed interest in the game/content. Not sure how that was hard to figure out. Players who actually think the game is worth playing/rewarding, will be more likely to invest in the game (play it and possibly make gem purchases).

Sure, because they’re not totally going to leave after a few days or so when they see the droprates are still terrible, as many of my old guildmates did.
It’s all a conspiracy for keeping us interested in the game! Bait and switch! Broken promises! Anet evil! It can’t be rng couple with terribly low droprates, it must be the aliens taking control of them!
/sigh

Fractal rewards

Posted by: Artasqweroldy.7458

Artasqweroldy.7458

I have a suggestion how Anet could adress that issue: your actual personal droprate will be determined by your previous rewards from fractal chest, this means you would have a hidden value, every time you only get ascended fragments from fractals, this value will increase by a certain amount, making the drop of something more useful more likely, getting an ascended ring would be considered as an average reward (at least for a lvl 30+) therefore not changing your drop propability, getting an infused ring or anything better would therfore decrease your hidden value by a certain amount of steps, so that your end reward will get worse again until you build up a certain amount of this value again.

I think this would make Ascended Drops a little bit more predictable and makes phenomenoms like “random guild member that rarely runs fractals gets three fractal skins in a row” extremely unlikely while your average luck regarding your drops should increase…

hopefully you got my idea as english is not my first language

Humans aren´t real

Fractal rewards

deSade.9437

The idea is there, but they could simply increase the bloody droprates. At least as they were before that filthy satan-burn-it patch.

Fractal rewards

Posted by: One Note Chord.5031

One Note Chord.5031

I still don’t understand how somebody at Anet looked at the old droprate and said, “Yeah, fractal rewards are too good right now, we need to reduce them.”

Colin Johanson: "Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”
Pre-launch, Colin listed things that make MMOs bad. They are all now in GW2.

Fractal rewards

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

I still don’t understand how somebody at Anet looked at the old droprate and said, “Yeah, fractal rewards are too good right now, we need to reduce them.”

I guess you don’t know anet very well then.

Fractal rewards

Posted by: One Note Chord.5031

One Note Chord.5031

No no, I know that they do things like this. I just don’t know what mindset they have that leads them to these conclusions.

Colin Johanson: "Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”
Pre-launch, Colin listed things that make MMOs bad. They are all now in GW2.