Fractal rewards

Fractal rewards

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Today I ran a lvl 50 with 4 other pugs and I got nothing, but that’s not why i’m making this post… One of the pugs got a fractal sword skin. I was really happy for him first, but then he said it was his 3rd fractal sword skin, so he deleted it :/
Now, i’ve been running fractals everyday since the fractured release, never got a fractal sword, and RNG hits again. A fractal sword dropped and someone who already have the skin got it?!? :/
it’s not the first time it happens and it needs to stop. WoW’s raid’s reward system is really better in term of design because if you already got the skin/item that dropped, you actually leave your group members a chance to have it!!
#fractalbrokenreward

Just as good as “duo 11, let three people leech. The ones who did the work get nothing, the three who leeched all get chests, among them a raider’s coat chest.”

Fractal rewards

Posted by: beastie.4536

beastie.4536

Since we have the wardrobe system why cant fractal skin drop check our wardrobe record so we dont get the same skin again… again and again. And better yet just give us fractal weapon chest to let us pick the skin or token to exchange the one we want.

I have 6 Fractal Tridents skins. This bs is just frustrating….

Mike O’Brien: "We don’t make grindy games — we leave the grind to other MMOs.”

Fractal rewards

Posted by: Bartosz.2013

Bartosz.2013

haha its good to have every fractal weapon, dunno why i see them so rarely now, drops were much better before fractured patch…my record was 5 or 6 weapons in a row on 48 back then

Fractal rewards

Posted by: Dehuang.2053

Dehuang.2053

haha its good to have every fractal weapon, dunno why i see them so rarely now, drops were much better before fractured patch…my record was 5 or 6 weapons in a row on 48 back then

duude that’s like 2x the skins i have xD
and i completed fractal frequenter like 2 or 3 times xD
I wish i was playing before fractured :/

Fractal rewards

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

^ Stories like this are why I keep insisting that ANet should introduce a token reward system for the Fractal skins like what the dungeons use. :P

Fractal rewards

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Rng for skins is OK, but they need to introduce some way to Exchange them for a high price:

3-4 skins in the forge = 1 skin of choice

Would be good a similar recipe for ascended armor/weapon chests.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Fractal rewards

Posted by: Big Jay.1479

Big Jay.1479

What needs to happen:
Fractal Weaponsmith – 40 Pristine Relics for 1 Skin of choice

Also:
Ascended Buyer – Sell rings for regular Relics (say 1/3 of what you would spend on it)

Gives you something to do with extra rings other than sell them for 2s apiece… OR a Gem-based Salvage Kit that can Salvage Ascended. Maybe a random t6 (1-3), Vials of Mist Essence (0-3), Ectos (0-3), Dark Matter (0-3). Would definitely be worth it…

Fractal rewards

Posted by: Errant.1942

Errant.1942

I’m not very lucky when it comes to skins either. I’ve gotten 5 swords (all pre-Fractured), 3 tridents (one post-Fractured, but it isn’t a skin), 1 warhorn, 1 axe and 1 spear. I actually have an untransmuted sword still in my bank because I couldn’t find another character to put it on.

Also, rings, so many rings…

But, that’s not the point of my post. To be quite honest, the update to the drops has been fairly decent. I’ve gotten 2 weapon boxes (Assassin’s and Rabid) and 3 armor boxes since the update (2x Defender and 1x Healer, so kind of useless, but still).

So, yes, it’s still RNG, but I think it’s a pretty decent chance to get something nice, and when they open up higher levels, the chances will go up even more.

Not so Bright | Death and Taxes [DnT]

Fractal rewards

LordByron.8369

nothing out of 30 lvl 49-50 runs.
(30 counting 3-5 players i could ask what they did drop.)

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

(edited by LordByron.8369)

Fractal rewards

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

as a person who runs fractals with ele and only ele, in 1.5 years the only skin i got that is usable is staff.
and i got every skin but dagger, scepter, focus and trident (aka skins i can actually equip)
i would even go with exchange system as: 250 pristines, 50 shards of crystallized mists essence, 30 globs and 30 vials for ONE skin of choice.

Fractal rewards

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

Incoming fuzzy numbers! Using https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Av4NvDVKEaOzdHJPaTlsRU5LeEJWN3hodklXWGFCU1E&usp=drive_web#gid=0 as the data and just looking at the 41-50 bracket (combined) since there are a good amount of chests opened.

Pre 3/18 patch:
Ring: 43%
Skin/Ascended: 25.9

3/19-5/19 (The Dark Ages)
Ring: 55%
Skin/Ascended: 11.05%

5/20 (current)
Ring: 51%
Skin/Ascended: 18.54%

Interesting figures:
Weapon skin went from 11.89% > 2.24% > 3.36%
Ascended Weapons: 10.19% > 2.4% > 5.28%
Ascended Armor: 3.82% > 6.41% > 9.9% – Each one of the patches addressed the “Ascended armor drop increase” and the data is reflecting this.

Personal drops since 5/20 – nothing more than a ring ~20 runs.

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

Fractal rewards

Errant.1942

Honestly, I’m liking the drop rates for Ascended boxes, but the drop rates for weapons are disgustingly low…

I haven’t seen a weapon since I got a Trident a few days after the Fractured patch..

Fractal rewards

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

They really need to make fractal relics more useful. Add in t6 bags, knowledge tomes, more unique skins, ascended boxes, yu gi oh cards, the whole lot. This is the ‘end’ dungeon in GW2, and the rewards need to show that it is.

Fractal rewards

LordByron.8369

Dunno, 2 more runs, still 0 drops since 2 Patches ago… seems really silly considering how many 49 and 50 i run…

I still like fractals, but RNG or droprates are somehow broken.

I bet there is some sort of DR since i play fractal a lot, and that would explain also all those low levels drops from “casual” fractal players.

Its not normal to not see any box in so many runs.

Also Once they put lodestones in chests, it was a smart move, adding a consistent number of T6 would be nice (1X tier in final chest; level 50=5XT6)

GW2 balance:

Fractal rewards

Posted by: Rens.9870

Rens.9870

This really is ridiculous! I have been running 49 and some 50’s for the past month almost every day and not one fractal skin dropped just several ascended chests.

Please let us use our pristine relics to exchange for fractal skins already, it is such a obvious solution.

Fractal rewards

Posted by: Clyan.1593

Clyan.1593

Since the last patch didn’t really change anything for me (and as it seems not for most of you either) there is a stranger somewhere inside me, madly laughing at the real me because of my vain effort.
After the patch the rng was really nice to me and rewarded me with a fractal short bow, which i didn’t have back then. And about two or three days later i was rewarded again! … With a fractal short bow again!
I can’t remember how often this happened to me. I’m doing fractals since almost over a year and i got about seven times the same fractal weapon.
However… after those generous rng rewards i mentioned i didn’t get anything ever again.
I do as many fractal runs as i can, mostly four runs a day, for every lvl-tier one.

This really needs a new solution. And as the poster above me said, the relics-exchange is the most obvious one. I bump that.

“Bagh Nakh! Bagh Nakh!”
– Dark Lord of Moshpoipoi

(edited by Clyan.1593)

Fractal rewards

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Since the last patch didn’t really change anything for me (and as it seems not for most of you either) there is a stranger somewhere inside me, madly laughing at the real me because of my vein effort.
After the patch the rng was really nice to me and rewarded me with a fractal short bow, which i didn’t have back then. And about two or three days later i was rewarded again! … With a fractal short bow again!
I can’t remember how often this happened to me. I’m doing fractals since almost over a year and i got about seven times the same fractal weapon.
However… after those generous rng rewards i mentioned i didn’t get anything ever again.
I do as many fractal runs as i can, mostly four runs a day, for every lvl-tier one.

This really needs a new solution. And as the poster above me said, the relics-exchange is the most obvious one. I bump that.

Ya know, your veins put in a lot of effort keeping you alive.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Fractal rewards

Posted by: Clyan.1593

Clyan.1593

Since the last patch didn’t really change anything for me (and as it seems not for most of you either) there is a stranger somewhere inside me, madly laughing at the real me because of my vein effort.

Ya know, your veins put in a lot of effort keeping you alive.

Haha, thx, i fixed it.

“Bagh Nakh! Bagh Nakh!”
– Dark Lord of Moshpoipoi

Fractal rewards

Posted by: Bartosz.2013

Bartosz.2013

What’s a chance for fractal tonic?

Fractal rewards

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

What’s a chance for fractal tonic?

Between zero and none.

Fractal rewards

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

My first level 20 fractal.

Attachments:

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

Fractal rewards

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

And my heart died a little more… I can’t even congratulate you…… Where is a hole I can crawl into.

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

Fractal rewards

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

Grats!

Also, /wrist

I want that axe QQ

Fractal rewards

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I want the Fractal Sword, personally. :/

Fractal rewards

winterchillz.2564

Thanks and sowwy :c

Fingers crossed for you, guys! <3

Cloud of Sparrows

Fractal rewards

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

I want the Mace for my collection. >:

Congrats on the axe!

Fractal rewards

Posted by: melin skyland.7563

melin skyland.7563

the fractal skin drop rate is completely ruined after the patch, before the patch i had 32 skins in total (manny bubbel but still) now in the few months since the patch i did around 5 fractal 49’s a week and 2 39’s and a 50 and got in total 1 skin…

and the drop rate of the tonic is like 0.00000000000000nothing… after a few thousand runs i know 2 ppl got it..

Fractal rewards

Posted by: Big Jay.1479

Big Jay.1479

the fractal skin drop rate is completely ruined after the patch, before the patch i had 32 skins in total (manny bubbel but still) now in the few months since the patch i did around 5 fractal 49’s a week and 2 39’s and a 50 and got in total 1 skin…

and the drop rate of the tonic is like 0.00000000000000nothing… after a few thousand runs i know 2 ppl got it..

You ran 8 fractals and got 1 skin – and are kittenED at your 12.5% drop rate (NOTE: very small sample size)?

Fractal rewards

Errant.1942

I want the Fractal Sword, personally. :/

I’ve gotten 5. I even have one sitting in my bank from before Fractured, because I didn’t know what character to put it on any more…

I don’t want any more Swords (5) or Tridents (3)…

I do have an Axe, which is nice I guess, but I don’t even use it anymore due to stacking sigils becoming redundant…

Fractal rewards

winterchillz.2564

With the risk of getting some people heartbroken. First level 21 fractal.

Attachments:

Cloud of Sparrows

Fractal rewards

Posted by: Svetli.4276

Svetli.4276

i am happy when noobs get box
soon they will feel like us – not getting the box you want

“What you wish for may not be what she wishes for.” – Skull Knight

Fractal rewards

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

I’ve got an ascended raider shoulder chest by joining a group at last boss of the third fractal – then we had Jade Maw. So I totally understand your feeling ^.^

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Fractal rewards

winterchillz.2564

I’ve got an ascended raider shoulder chest by joining a group at last boss of the third fractal – then we had Jade Maw. So I totally understand your feeling ^.^

Our last boss was Jade Maw too! c:

Svetli, well, if not else, then at least I will be able to get more skins for the Fashion Collector title! ^^

Cloud of Sparrows

Fractal rewards

LordByron.8369

Oh finally i drop something..
Sixth pair of healer gloves……..RNG yeah (strongly doubt its working as RNG).

GW2 balance:

Fractal rewards

Posted by: melin skyland.7563

melin skyland.7563

You ran 8 fractals and got 1 skin – and are kittenED at your 12.5% drop rate (NOTE: very small sample size)?

i do 8 fractals a week for the last few months, so is more like 32 fractals each month, and i did this every month since the patch.

Fractal rewards

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

I am astonished there are still people with a 4:3 ration screen. Reminds me of the good old times.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Fractal rewards

Posted by: Rage.9723

Rage.9723

Gave fractals a try again and I must say the rewards are down right terrible. You even get less fractal relics by a lot from the fourth level. I made a guardian and needed some +5 agony resistance’s and it is such a grind to get them. You get like nothing anymore. I am so disappointed in the fractal rewards. Even the fractal tonic is so rare that getting one is almost non existent.

The amount of people on the LFG tool for fractals 28-40 has also significantly went down where I was checking for about two hours and did not see a group.

Fractal rewards

LordByron.8369

Oh finally i drop something..
Sixth pair of healer gloves……..RNG yeah (strongly doubt its working as RNG).

I think Rng thougt i needed another pair ._.
I wonder if drop chances are the same for every stat.

GW2 balance:

Fractal rewards

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

for me, drop rate improved. i try to do lvl 50 every day and i got two chests in three days. that was skyrocketing increse in rewards for me. maybe its temporary, but at least i’m going to equip my alts with ascended armor.

Fractal rewards

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

I haven’t really done many fractals since the update, but I have recorded the few I have done:

13 fractal 50’s, 2 weapon (rampager and wupwup) and 1 armour chest (malicious boots) and no skins.

8 fractal 40’s, no weapon chests, no armour chests, 1 skin (hammer)

At least half of those fractals gave no rewards, and the remaining being uninfused/infused rings (uninfused taking the majority) (all of which had useless stats anyway)

I don’t think they improved the drop rate, rather they just fixed the bugged rate of weapons (which was, if I can recall, around 1%)

Still not worth running fractals.

Fractal rewards

LordByron.8369

Maybe droprates are fine…
And maybe the issue is some sort of DR.

That explains how people hwo plays lot of fractals never drops anything, while random players drop a lot.

You can see how is likely to drop green and Yellow champ bags and less stuff in chest, when you farm your daily dungeon.
Maybe that is applied somehow to fractal chests also.

GW2 balance:

Fractal rewards

Taku.6352

Maybe droprates are fine…
And maybe the issue is some sort of DR.

That explains how people hwo plays lot of fractals never drops anything, while random players drop a lot.

You can see how is likely to drop green and Yellow champ bags and less stuff in chest, when you farm your daily dungeon.
Maybe that is applied somehow to fractal chests also.

There is no DR on the drops. I do 50, 40, and 30 pretty much every single day and I’ve got 1 asc weapon chest, 7 armor chests (4 raiders, 2 healers, 1 malicious) and 4 fractal weapon skins after the patch. Also the i usually get atleast 1 exo and several rares from each run. But outside of fractals my luck is abysmal.

You should probably get rid of that tinfoil hat of yours and start gathering droprate data instead of coming up with your constant conspiracy theories.

Fractal rewards

winterchillz.2564

A guildie got the fractal sword skin at level 19 last night, I didn’t even know it’s possible to get the skins before level 20. Long live ignorance!

Apart from that I haven’t got anything good in the last few days. :C

Cloud of Sparrows

Fractal rewards

Taku.6352

A guildie got the fractal sword skin at level 19 last night, I didn’t even know it’s possible to get the skins before level 20. Long live ignorance!

Skins used to be 20+ levels but after the fractured patch they started dropping from 10+ levels.

Fractal rewards

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Its rng. But im of the opinion that certain accounts have an id which gives them better rng (unintentional which results in not true rng). As i know people who get ascended boxes very frequently and others who get ridiculous amounts of precursers in the forge. >.>

I finally got a raider chest the other week after about a month of nothing. Now im back to my regular Ettinbands.

(edited by spoj.9672)

Fractal rewards

LordByron.8369

You should probably get rid of that tinfoil hat of yours and start gathering droprate data instead of coming up with your constant conspiracy theories.

I think you are quite new if you don t remember what happened with DR and dungeons.

If we start to list the time suppositions against anet statements proved right we could write quite a long list.

I don t believe in stuff like account IDs having better rewards.

i DO believe that as happened in the past, DR is not working properly.
Its a supposition? yes
Its totally baseless? no

If you lack the Whole story don t flame people please.

Skins used to be 20+ levels but after the fractured patch they started dropping from 10+ levels.

And here you are putting your tinfoil hat.
Skins according to anet used to drop at 10+ even prefractured.
The fact nobody ever said to drop one didn t prevent them to make and defend that statement on the forum (like happened for the “final rest”).

GW2 balance:

(edited by LordByron.8369)

Fractal rewards

Posted by: tim.1280

tim.1280

I think the point is I have spent 30-40 hours doing fractals with 0 progress towards the skin I want and absolutely nothing to show….. How many people making their legendaries or ascended weps etc. can say the same thing? I’m also sure there are people in the same situation as me with hundreds of hours…….

Fractal rewards

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

Today was my 21st Fractal Level 49-50 without a single Ascended box or Fractal skin.
That’s without counting about 10 level 38.

All I got from those were 7 infused ring and 4 uninfused ring.

I know they don’t want to gives them out too easily but this is just a joke.

Fractal rewards

Posted by: beastie.4536

beastie.4536

I run fractal daily and I’ve recorded down all my fractal loot after May 21st patch and today i decided to put them in spreadsheet to see my fractal loot statistic.

I run 36-40 and 49 only.

Conclusion:

If you want fractal weapon skin do 36-40
If you want ascend chests do 49

Attachments:

Mike O’Brien: "We don’t make grindy games — we leave the grind to other MMOs.”

Fractal rewards

Posted by: Arkimedes.8730

Arkimedes.8730

So, rewards are still not weighted properly by tier. At this point I’m going to assume that they’re using an approximation algorithm for their rng that saves on server cycles but has weird peaks in the short term.