General Dungeon Discussion Thread - Part 1

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

Red post?
PARA, PARA, PARADISE
(+1 if you read singing)

All I think of when I hear this song now is just How It Should Have Ended.

Paintin’ CAMO, CAMO, CAMOFLAGE~

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

July 2nd, save the date.

It’s mah birthday, Lucas, I share cake! <3

I guess I and Lucas can marry on the same date, what about it? I don’t have to pay for the cake.
/cheapgrumpycat

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

Oh, you, Gab! /slaps

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

Posted by: Lucas.9157

Lucas.9157

July 2nd, save the date.

It’s mah birthday, Lucas, I share cake! <3

I guess I and Lucas can marry on the same date, what about it? I don’t have to pay for the cake.
/cheapgrumpycat

You guys are lovely.

Posted by: Laar.5476

Laar.5476

Apparently I am missing something on my guardian because my health is way, way lower than what real berserker guardian has.

P.S: 6 in Honor, with Force of Will and a hammer is the best DPS and the new meta, someone get on that math please.

Attachments:

deSade.9437

Errrrr………..
I can’t even reach 18k in WvW when I play 0 0 6 6…

Laar.5476

Well then, we can be bad guardians together.

Edit: I have been listening to a jazz version of the Game of Thrones theme, on loop, all day. I might have finally broken.

(edited by Laar.5476)

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Apparently I am missing something on my guardian because my health is way, way lower than what real berserker guardian has.

“I’m a zerk, I have a berserker mace.”

Posted by: Ariete The Phoenix.8276

Ariete The Phoenix.8276

“I’m a zerk”… pings blue zerk staff.

Also known as Liahm Lee

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

It appears people dont figure out what combo fields are until after level 80.. Explains my pug groups.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Laar.5476

I have been sitting outside CoE for like 10 minutes while my character does /dance, with this playing in the backround, there are people waiting for me but I can’t stop.

Attachments:

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

God, I forgot how boring Arah Story is…

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

My blood pressure is atleast 150/90 right now. Sometimes I feel like running absolute crap just so pugs can see the utter crap they are running but that probably wont do anything because they are most likely blind and stupid.

There is a lump in my chest full of either heart attack in disguise or pent up frustration/disappointment/anger. And I have no one to blame but myself. no one.

Why do I keep pugging? Why on my ele?

/cries in shower.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

deSade.9437

My blood pressure is atleast 150/90 right now. Sometimes I feel like running absolute crap just so pugs can see the utter crap they are running but that probably wont do anything because they are most likely blind and stupid.

There is a lump in my chest full of either heart attack in disguise or pent up frustration/disappointment/anger. And I have no one to blame but myself. no one.

/cries in shower.

It’s ok, man, it’s ok. Breathe and think of a forest in summer, all shady and relaxing.
That’s what I do when I freak out :/
And I stopped pugging. It helps a lot with my anger issues.
Even if sometimes…
… Sometimes…
Ghhhh…
Uhn. Ok. Just stop pugging man!

Posted by: Emanuel.9781

Emanuel.9781

/cries in shower.

I’ve hosted several arah groups before labeled as “experienced speedrun (berserker gear only)” where i ran on my full healer build cleric ele and nobody even questioned anything, even with me having Benevolence stacks and chocolate as food.

The last time i did that it took us about 25 minutes to even get past hunter/crusher.

Rezardi [DnT] – Elite Playhowiwanter US
NemesisMMNecro [rT] – Trans-Transsylvanian RPer EU

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

/cries in shower.

I’ve hosted several arah groups before labeled as “experienced speedrun (berserker gear only)” where i ran on my full healer build cleric ele and nobody even questioned anything, even with me having Benevolence stacks and chocolate as food.

The last time i did that it took us about 25 minutes to even get past hunter/crusher.

It was fabulous.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

NovaanVerdiano.6174

/cries in shower.

Most people don’t even look at the party-window. Holy crap though.

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

got called elitists for watching a fashion contest yesterday

:(

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

For Lilith: I replicated this just for you :p

Attachments:

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

I love it lindybear! Buahaha

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: RemiRome.8495

RemiRome.8495

Brie + console buggiest crap on earth.
Figure the bug out.
Accidentally kill her.

fml

Laar.5476

Worst LFM, or best LFM?

Is the fact that there are two people in the group mean that I captured something special?

Attachments:

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

so this is the new thing being highy popular among rangers apparently. On asura fractal where you get lovely harpies right before end boss, i see this disturbing trend of rangers standing on edge of a wall and spit arrows from longbow making the harpy invoulnerable which is kind of a problem for fools who melee the harpy. i see it every time there is a ranger+asura fractal. every frickn time. not one exception. not one.

then i proceed to explain hey listen we died 4 times the harpy is invul can you pls stop? come melee with us.

then they usually say we suck as a group and refuses to and continues to be useless (caution: do not say melee to ranger,on first he will be startled and flee, that word scares them)

then after 9th wipe he still refuses, and i say: ranger pls don’t be full od feces and pls come with us. he refuses and continues with explanation: I’M HELPING SHUT UP

then i got that lovely :soon to be an ulcer feeling: in my stomack, so i just ignorre him and we skip harpies.

he stays behind and dies about 5 times unable to reach us, says we suck and can’t play our classes and quits.

Posted by: Cries Of Sorrow.5864

Cries Of Sorrow.5864

Worst LFM, or best LFM?

Is the fact that there are two people in the group mean that I captured something special?

Craigslist probably lacked hot guys due to low demand.

Main Elementalist:Train Of Thought
Alt Warrior: Burning Paris
Best Ele build EU.

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

LF hot guys. Hot gals promised.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: Delmain.5167

Delmain.5167

so this is the new thing being highy popular among rangers apparently. On asura fractal where you get lovely harpies right before end boss, i see this disturbing trend of rangers standing on edge of a wall and spit arrows from longbow making the harpy invoulnerable which is kind of a problem for fools who melee the harpy. i see it every time there is a ranger+asura fractal. every frickn time. not one exception. not one.

then i proceed to explain hey listen we died 4 times the harpy is invul can you pls stop? come melee with us.

then they usually say we suck as a group and refuses to and continues to be useless (caution: do not say melee to ranger,on first he will be startled and flee, that word scares them)

then after 9th wipe he still refuses, and i say: ranger pls don’t be full od feces and pls come with us. he refuses and continues with explanation: I’M HELPING SHUT UP

then i got that lovely :soon to be an ulcer feeling: in my stomack, so i just ignorre him and we skip harpies.

he stays behind and dies about 5 times unable to reach us, says we suck and can’t play our classes and quits.

Wait a second… this story sounds familiar… After you lost the ranger, did an elementalist eventually join and get off on the wrong foot with a necromancer in the party?

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

deSade.9437

Ghghghghg
/headbutts screen

Oxidia.8103

Wait a second… this story sounds familiar… After you lost the ranger, did an elementalist eventually join and get off on the wrong foot with a necromancer in the party?

hmm i think it was a guardian but…. now that you mentioned it i think i was the joining elementalist Was the necro staff necro? were YOU the necro?? dam dam daaaam!

Posted by: Delmain.5167

Delmain.5167

hmm i think it was a guardian but…. now that you mentioned it i think i was the joining elementalist Was the necro staff necro? were YOU the necro?? dam dam daaaam!

Ah, wasn’t the party I joined then. I play elementalist.

Oxidia.8103

Ah, wasn’t the party I joined then. I play elementalist.

you know why is it so farmiliar? because it happens every single time a ranger is playing a asura harpy fractal.

Posted by: Lucas.9157

Lucas.9157

PUG Bug thread deleted

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

Not before getting me a warning for derailing it with memes

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Posted by: dutchiez.7502

dutchiez.7502

I see the mods are making another sweep through the dungeon sub.

Nova [rT]

Iris Ng.9845

Keep the discussion on topic, guys

P.S.: Justice was served :>

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

(edited by Iris Ng.9845)

NovaanVerdiano.6174

I think the discussion about watermelons in the pug-thread was on topic.

Iris Ng.9845

Yeah. That may explain why I was able to keep 2/7 posts on that topic

NovaanVerdiano.6174

I just found a necro-pug after approximately a month. Glad to see that my kind isn’t completely extinct yet.

Lilith Ajit.6173

I’m going to be revisiting gw1 while I’m on travel (laptop might be able to do it ) so if anyone is up for playing with a gw1 noob hit me up!

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

Posted by: IvanTheGrey.2941

IvanTheGrey.2941

Found something that bothered me yesterday. I had a student, or what I thought was a student, ask me to come help in p4 with Lyssa. I asked if he was stuck in a pug, but he told me he was trying to “get good” and solo it. I thought to myself that why not, I haven’t been playing for a little over a week, why not jump back in and help someone get better. Took a couple tries, but I finally pulled my head out of my rear and finished her off. He then said something to the effect of “if we finish, we might as well sell.”

I don’t know why, but this really rubbed me the wrong way. The guy can’t solo lupi (at least that I’ve seen) and he wants to duo p4 to sell. I gave him some tips on Lupi, but after a while I left.

Was I wrong to do this? I don’t like duoing to sell w/ people I don’t know well, and it made me feel like I was being used for my ability to profit. Some advice from my dungeon friends would be appreciated. I like being a teacher. Carrying someone through a dungeon run just so they can profit (especially someone I don’t know well) doesn’t feel right to me.

(edited by IvanTheGrey.2941)

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Found something that bothered me yesterday. I had a student, or what I thought was a student, ask me to come help in p4 with Lyssa. I asked if he was stuck in a pug, but he told me he was trying to “get good” and solo it. I thought to myself that why not, I haven’t been playing for a little over a week, why not jump back in and help someone get better. Took a couple tries, but I finally pulled my head out of my rear and finished her off. He then said something to the effect of “if we finish, we might as well sell.”

I don’t know why, but this really rubbed me the wrong way. The guy can’t solo lupi (at least that I’ve seen) and he wants to duo p4 to sell. I gave him some tips on Lupi, but after a while I left.

Was I wrong to do this? I don’t like duoing to sell w/ people I don’t know well, and it made me feel like I was being used for my ability to profit. Some advice from my dungeon friends would be appreciated.

Nope, I would’ve done the same.

Btw Lilith, I heard you’re the gw2 fashion expert, is that true?

DigitalKirin.9714

I don’t think you were wrong, so long as you were polite.

In my thought, it’s better to be up front about how you feel about this. Hopefully you can also put some positive words in as well. Possibly something to the order of, “I personally don’t sell runs for profit, but I don’t see any problem with you doing so once you get good enough to solo. Here, let me give you some more tips about lupi…”

Lilith Ajit.6173

Was I wrong to do this? I don’t like duoing to sell w/ people I don’t know well, and it made me feel like I was being used for my ability to profit. Some advice from my dungeon friends would be appreciated.

Affirmative.

[ARES]

Posted by: IvanTheGrey.2941

IvanTheGrey.2941

Thanks all.

Btw, Lilith is not the fashion expert, she’s the fashion goddess. Get your adjectives straight man. :P

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

As stupid as I find it when people basically get carried through an entire dungeon and then sell – I do have people I solo Lupi for so that they can sell and they give me a nice amount of gold per kill.

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Affirmative.

Do you share your wisdom with mere fashion mortals like me?

Lilith Ajit.6173

Affirmative.

Absolutely. Have you seen the main thread on the first page of the forum? It’s a red one.

[ARES]

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Affirmative.

Absolutely. Have you seen the main thread on the first page of the forum? It’s a red one.

I’m quite surprised that I did not notice it up to now.
Great, I’d like to get your help in a few days then. Combining those light aetherblade “pants” is ridiculously hard, especially since dyes behave weird on it imo. Even worse since I’m a blue Sylvari.

DigitalKirin.9714

She once redressed Agent Spire with the push of a button. Or maybe it was a flip of a lever.

She was voted “Most Fashionable Asura,” even while running the Ascalon Fractal.

Detha’s never called her Fashion stupid.

Her fashion’s made Koptev shout, “Yesyesyes!”

Lilith is The Most Fashionable Expert in the dungeon forums.

Lilith Ajit.6173

She once redressed Agent Spire with the push of a button. Or maybe it was a flip of a lever.

She was voted “Most Fashionable Asura,” even while running the Ascalon Fractal.

Detha’s never called her Fashion stupid.

Her fashion’s made Koptev shout, “Yesyesyes!”

Lilith is The Most Fashionable Expert in the dungeon forums.

I love you. Hehehe

If we are talking heavy Braham’s coat looks good with the aetherblade leggings

[ARES]