on your ele

pls anet hear tis
we go to wildstore if no fix
ele too squid, cant tank

General Dungeon Discussion Thread - Part 1

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Hello, here’s Mr. Whisker and you’re reading BBcat news: where the dungeons run you!

An interesting change in habits of some dungeon crawlers has been reported by the krytan authorities: yesterday, at approximately 10pm local time, an heterogeneous group of elitists, game younglings and drug dealers started a “pro GuangMath” party that lasted for most of the night and involved a disturbingly high amount of engineers, some of them naked… causing noise and trouble in the fractals of the mists.

It is believed that the partecipants – most of them are renown members of our community – were under the effect of alcohol or other illicit substances; when questioned, the well-known Tequatl commander – and strong advocator of magi gear on dungeon guardians – Nosferatu said: “’Cause engi best personal deeps! You scrubs”. He then attempted to assault our cameracat with a bottle of beer. We’re glad to announce he failed. Nosferatu is currently on detention and has been infracted.
Our reporter also tried to interview the notorious Spojbob Engipants, revered by our country for achieving… unspecified things; he didn’t seem to understand the questions and instead giggled madly for the duration of the encounter, shouting disconnected claims such as “Engi new meta” or “I’m so op, look at the bleeds”.
During the interview, another party’s partecipant was roaming the field on his bare skin, dancing and announcing his undying love for engineers and the spreadsheets that allowed him to discover such a precious dps class. He then shouted “MUSHROOMS” and threw himself down a cliff. He’s currently being treated at the Lion’s Arch field hospital; his identity is unknown.

The offenders were promptly stopped, but a question remains: what was their purpose?

Please let us know if you wish to be informed about Nosferatu’s Undying Monk guardian build, or about some of spoj’s deeds, and as always thanks for reading.

Meow.

Attachments:

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

0.o

dear gods….

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

I took my ranger on some adventures in pug-land last night (sadly, it’s a lot easier for me to practice meleeing in pugs than with the friends I usually run dungeons with). There was a variety of weird encounters.

One path had a troll that kept everybody waiting, then started swearing at people that didn’t respond instantaneously, and eventually went out of his way to pull additional mobs onto the group mid-dungeon, which got him kicked in short order. Afterwards he started whispering people and threatening all kinds of things … welcome to my blocklist.

One path saw my ranger bite the dust at every single boss, not just downed, but outright defeated. It would have been really humiliating if the damage done to those bosses wouldn’t have instantaneously and obviously slowed to a crawl every time I went down. I guess there’s a first to everything, even to me playing the lead dps in a party .

All in all I’m really glad I decided to give my ranger a try as a dungeon class and get him the proper equipment for it. While I’m still far from good on ranger, and get downed way too often, I really enjoy the playstyle .

Posted by: Tentonhammr.7849

Tentonhammr.7849

“Guys, GvG was cancelled tonight. Let’s Fractal.”

Normally I’d leave when Bloomhunger takes 7 minutes to die, but when we got Cliffside second I was having too much fun watching them fail at trying to tank and out-heal the Arch Diviner.

Attachments:

Zelendel

(edited by Tentonhammr.7849)

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Well I have to say his point are pretty underpinned. Atleast…

If you understood the game even remotely as much as the “elitists” around here(and weren’t a complete dracula drone which your tone makes me think you are), you’d haven’t said this, even under crystal meth.

If you’re a BHB and report this/get me infracted, it’ll just confirm it.

Stop trying to farm infractions.

I must say I’m confused, who is hendo now?

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

That’s a plot twist. o.O

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

Aren’t there only 3 people who use it? :o

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Dub.1273

Three? O.o?

Dub | [rT]

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

wall of text

Oh wow…

Also, +1 for your warrior’s name.

Lindbur.2537

Doesn’t Emanuel own the account?

A remnant of times past.

Dub.1273

He’s solely using it as his eu account.

Dub | [rT]

Lindbur.2537

What if…

…it’s a ghost?

A remnant of times past.

Posted by: Tree.3916

Tree.3916

My exile is over. I have returned.

Is Nemesis going to be in shock when he sees how Might and Fury stacking works with a 2x ele party, or what?

DnT Apply today if you think you can hang with the best of the best
http://www.twitch.tv/tree_dnt || https://twitter.com/Tree_DnT
The meta is changing at an alarming rate!

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

So I’m not quite sure if our lovely neighborhood dev knows what he just did. To me anyway. Seeing that thread go red and having it not be our lovely CC made my heart skip a beat. Are they listening? Should we not lose all hope? (Will our hopes now be dashed against a wall?)

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Lindbur.2537

I hope we get some new dungeons with LS Season 2. New maps, new design opportunities. I’ve got some ideas but I’m not sure if they’d be well-received.

A remnant of times past.

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

I hope we get some new dungeons with LS Season 2. New maps, new design opportunities. I’ve got some ideas but I’m not sure if they’d be well-received.

What if they aren’t? It’s not like they’ll lynch you, is it?

deSade.9437

(Will our hopes now be dashed against a wall?)

Yes.

FenrirSlakt.3692

So I’m not quite sure if our lovely neighborhood dev knows what he just did. To me anyway. Seeing that thread go red and having it not be our lovely CC made my heart skip a beat. Are they listening? Should we not lose all hope? (Will our hopes now be dashed against a wall?)

" I am prepared for the worst, but hope for the best".
Benjamin Disraeli

deSade.9437

Benjamin Disraeli

“Never trust any bullkitten on the internet”.
Bill Clinton

FenrirSlakt.3692

Benjamin Disraeli

Bill Clinton

“Gokitten, Desade”.
Mahatma Gandhi

deSade.9437

Benjamin Disraeli

Bill Clinton

“Gokitten, Desade”.
Mahatma Gandhi

“I shall roundhouse kick you into another dimension /smile”
Mike O’ Brien

Posted by: No Pulse.2967

No Pulse.2967

“Random quotations too stronk”
Anonymous

Inactive member in Dark Renegatus [REN]
The Order of Calamity [OOC] is recruiting!
5/8 Champion titles

Lilith Ajit.6173

I have a higher flood control on reddit than I do on this forum. Its hipster bull crap messages make me want to throw my phone across the room.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

Dub.1273

There’s flood control on reddit?

Dub | [rT]

Lilith Ajit.6173

There’s flood control on reddit?

8 minutes between comments due to downvotes. Whatever. Deleted the account never going back.

[ARES]

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Deleting your account was the right thing to do.

Lilith Ajit.6173

O.o… I think so too… but why do you think so?

[ARES]

deSade.9437

Cus reddit is like smog.

NovaanVerdiano.6174

It starts with me never finding anything on that site (unclear as hell), ending pretty much with the attitude of the people on reddit in general (see your downvoted posts etc.)

FenrirSlakt.3692

<<<Never had a reddit account, never will.

Lilith Ajit.6173

Yeaaah. I don’t know why so many people say this community is toxic. I mean even the wvw matchup threads were more amicable. :/

[ARES]

Lindbur.2537

Reddit: Fun to read, not so fun to post as I do here because I’d get downvoted under the table, lol.

A remnant of times past.

deSade.9437

Gah. I hate myself.
I was doing my daily gauntlet on a completely empty arena. A stupid bearbow (with bird) walks in and fumbles around at Liadri, dying after a couple of minutes with her at 90% health while I patiently [haha] wait for my turn to finish the godkitten bosses. I look around: there’s an empty arena right beside the one we’re currently in. “Why the hell is he so clumsy he can’t see it?!??!” I wonder. “Should I move? of course not, I was there first and that would hurt my pride! A real alpha male gotta show them PHIW!”
After a few mins of me burning down bosses in a few seconds and spending 10 minutes blankly staring at that genius pewpewing with his bow, another bearbow walks in. 3 signets, bear on his side. I sigh so loudly I’m afraid of waking someone up. “I’m sick of this, but I no can leave! I must show them who’s the boss here! You know what? Instead of doing deadeye I’ll do liadri and show them how it’s done”.
I queue up for Liadri. The seconds agonise by. My neck starts getting stiffy in tension. Why are my hands and arms itching now? Why the hell is my face all twitchy as if I had some mental illness? Oh god, I can’t really do this while they’re staring at me. I can feel their bears’ eyes piercing my skin and gazing into my soul. Oh god. I can almost hear them whisper “Exploit… exploit… zerk… stack… noob…”
My turn…. ok ok tis fine. Now I’ll position myself here and 1…2… dod—-
Dead on the first AoE.

Yeah.
That’ll show them.

inb4 I ragequit, change my mind, walk back into an empty arena and beat Liadri first try.
Maybe I should stop being so emotional.
Or maybe all those PHIW threads are starting to erode my mental sanity.

Posted by: Laar.5476

Laar.5476

inb4 I ragequit, change my mind, walk back into an empty arena and beat Liadri first try.
Maybe I should stop being so emotional.
Or maybe all those PHIW threads are starting to erode my mental sanity.

A guildy of mine ragequit two nights in a row, on two different bosses before getting to Liadri, feel better.

Also hooray for an end to my forced vacation.

Lindbur.2537

After multiple attempts of failing miserably at trying to melee Liadri with my guardian, I got bored of it, pulled out a scepter and just kited her in circles. Downed twice, rallied by destroying the oh-hey-im-gonna-pull-you-here thingies.
:p

A remnant of times past.

deSade.9437

:( Thanks for trying to make me feel better, guise. Anyway, I should take it positively as a lesson in humility every now and then, to remind me that I’m just a scrub after all…
And yeah, Lindy, uhm… I… I killed her with my rifle.
inb4 one of my dear souls killed her in like 50 seconds or less, bursting her down in full melee.
Oh god.
/runs away crying and hides under the desk

/head out
Wait a second, what kind of forced vacation were you talking about Laar? Did you get modbotfract… infr… er… you know it?

Laar.5476

/head out
Wait a second, what kind of forced vacation were you talking about Laar? Did you get modbotfract… infr… er… you know it?

I accumulated too many forum happy fun time points.

On another note it is surprisingly difficult to dodge when you have bandages on your fingers preventing you from feeling anything, I was failing all over the place duoing Arah Story tonight. So much so my guildy put up an lfm after the Mouth of Zhaitan because I am bad and should feel bad; maybe I should join PHIW groups till I heal.

I almost guardian leaped right off the ship a few times by accident, it was great.

(edited by Laar.5476)

deSade.9437

I know dat feel of having numb fingers that don’t respond.. or trying to do Arah while your cat sits on your hand/in front of the screen/on the keyboard/on my head (as a kitten). Wut happened to them in your case?

And no, don’t join PHIW groups no matter how bad you feel about yourself and your skills… or maybe do it, and realise how much they suck. For example, newsflash:
I was trying to solo Wiggin on ’nade engi – a cakewalk, until 2 idiots came over me, super excited because they saw the health of a boss going down… a guardian and a gs mesmer, obviously. The boss scaled up, his health stopped going down and they pulled 2 pirate adds and at least 4 centaurs on me, because obviously the gs mesmer panicked and dodged back into the centaur area. I had to run away and the boss reset.

So yeah, no matter how nub you think you are: they’re going to prove you wrong.

P.S. Op parrot runes bein’ op.

Laar.5476

A knife and I got into an argument over how to make pretty little cheese shavings, I did not win.

Oh I know how much PHIW groups suck. Did a SE P1 “zerker speed run” earlier, 2 guards (1 hammer: goodbye fire fields), 2 warriors, 0 reflects and banner of defence; I was on my zerker ele, it was painful and that was before I cut chunks off of my finger.

Posted by: guanlongwucaii.3162

guanlongwucaii.3162

After multiple attempts of failing miserably at trying to melee Liadri with my guardian, I got bored of it, pulled out a scepter and just kited her in circles. Downed twice, rallied by destroying the oh-hey-im-gonna-pull-you-here thingies.
:p

im the wimpiest around, after 10++ failed melee power build attempts i just gave up and condi cheesed her on a warrior lel

Posted by: Lucas.9157

Lucas.9157

Red post?
PARA, PARA, PARADISE
(+1 if you read singing)

deSade.9437

Red post?
PARA, PARA, PARADISE
(+1 if you read singing)

/throws up a little
Fine. If you say so.
I don’t even dare to go back to that thread because seeing that red post annoys the hell out of me.

Lucas.9157

Red post?
PARA, PARA, PARADISE
(+1 if you read singing)

/throws up a little
Fine. If you say so.
I don’t even dare to go back to that thread because seeing that red post annoys the hell out of me.

Like I quoted on the thread. It’s something. Will it lead to anything? Maybe not. Let’s hope for the best and move on if the worst comes.

July 2nd, save the date.

deSade.9437

/grunt
I hate hoping.

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

deSade = grumpy cat confirmed

Lindbur.2537

:)

Attachments:

A remnant of times past.

Lucas.9157

I love hoping. If it happens, great! If it doesn’t, maybe it wasn’t worth hoping for, or I’m caring too much about it. It’s a game, after all.

I’m not hoping for endless fun for everyone (that’s what PHYWs want!). I’m hoping for less zergs and more permanent, challenging and rewarding content. And from the patch notes and news, it seems they’re trying.

(also hoping for the marriage with Mr. Grumpy Cat, lel)

deSade.9437

(also hoping for the marriage with Mr. Grumpy Cat, lel)

Uh? Oh, right. I forgot.

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

July 2nd, save the date.

It’s mah birthday, Lucas, I share cake! <3

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”