in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

goes off looking for some more words to feed the hungry forum bug with

General Dungeon Discussion Thread - Part 1

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

After reading those posts on LS-boards I’m so disappointed in the GW2-playerbase. One freaking mission you can’t simply waltz through hitting 1. Oh noo you actually have to do something? Shocking!
If these are the modern casuals, I don’t wanna be called one anymore.

The thought of these people appearing in your LFG…

9 Guardians later…

Posted by: Enaretos.8079

Enaretos.8079

Wanna become an elitist Vikkela ? I hand out membership cards !

Snow Crows member since January 2014
My Twitch

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

After reading those posts on LS-boards I’m so disappointed in the GW2-playerbase.

I know that feeling, but I have to say, I hardly read those posts any more, it’s a lot nicer that way. Fortunately, I don’t encounter those reactions in-game though. Those who have problems with the missions just ask for help nicely, and have fun playing through with friends and getting enough hints and tips to get their story done.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Keep in mind GW2 is an action-rpg and not an FPS with resource management. However, GW1 missions do have similarities to a classic-FPS in that they start you in the middle of the action, and a player must slowly work their way through a very dangerous maze.

Yes of course, but GW2 doesn’t need resource management. No game needs resource management to give us multiple ways to approch our given tasks; especially since almost all of the quests take place in open world areas. For the quest where you kill the Mouth of Zhaitan for example, instead of letting you choose to start a direct attack or an ambush, they could’ve just given you the quest, let you start at one point and tell you “go, kill the Mouth”. So you can either fight your way straight to the Mouth or explore a bit – If you explore the shore, you suddenly stumble across those four couriers which you can kill in order to weaken the Mouth for the boss fight; you were rewarded for exploring.
As for GW1, that’s part of the reason I loved many of the missions. You have multiple paths, each contain different enemies and vary in difficulty and you have to see how to handle it, what to avoid, which groups you can handle best etc. and you were actually punished for huge mistakes by having to restart the whole thing.

To be fair, GW2 has a lot of potential for great instance design. The ability to swap skills on the fly, cut away a lot of the setup time from GW1, and it really opened up potential for a more steady pace of action. GW2 has so much potential with its mechanics, but it never attempts to pressure the player. Everything is so… scripted -.-

Exactly what I think. This is even more heavily reinforced due to the fact that you’re able to change traits on the go now and every class has access to basic survival skills/boons, so they don’t even have to look if every class can manage an encounter, as long as there no undodgeables or something similarly annoying.

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

Hehh, this guy is in every thread and such an incompetent kitten.

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Hehh, this guy is in every thread and such an incompetent kitten.

Just looked at the new replies after I stopped bothering with that guy… Holy kittening kitten that guy. “QQ disrespectful QQ troll QQ I don’t need to back up my claims QQ he called me a liar”…

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

What madness is this? Such ignorance! Unforgivable I say! Unforgivable!

BURN HIM!

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

NovaanVerdiano.6174

What madness is this? Such ignorance! Unforgivable I say! Unforgivable!

BURN HIM!

I bring the torches!

Posted by: Laar.5476

Laar.5476

The amount of kittening over how hard these pseudo boss fights in the living story are is amazing; I can’t believe there are people talking about how hard it was, it hurts my heart. People are still complaining about how hard the Fort Salma boss fight was last episode, I can’t even think of that as a boss fight, or hard.

This is why we can’t have nice things.

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

Now imagine these people jumping into your dungeon lfg.

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

I think I did. Well I joined the group but a Warrior went into Mist Form while doing the CoF p1 gate. Which only means one thing, Runes of Vampirism

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Now imagine these people jumping into your dungeon lfg.

I don’t have to as I already had it happening – multiple times. It’s horrible.
Yesterday I had three pugs for Arah p2 which didn’t make the second skip because they didn’t realize you can’t run past the kittening turret even when I told them multiple times.

//Oh talking about CoF p1, I once had a group which didn’t understand how the brazier-“puzzle” works. That part alone took 8 minutes.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

I think I did. Well I joined the group but a Warrior went into Mist Form while doing the CoF p1 gate. Which only means one thing, Runes of Vampirism

I wouldn’t feel any dirtier if I read your most… unappropriate… social fantasies.
Or maybe the ones of a PHIW.
“Hm… woosh… woosh… woosh… hmmm…”

Blergh, I’m disgusted by myself. Such a perv.
/crawls back into the coffin

Laar.5476

So I found that the hardest living story instance is the one where you talk to the pale tree, you can totally die if you are on a ranger and use Swoop off of the side. Anet fix plz.

Also this quote from the OMG THIS IS HARD THREAD:

Oh first time I did this on my Ranger, it took me an hour and 23 minutes, of course it was 4 in the morning, but, um, yeah…

Gin Fizz is the best drink

deSade.9437

I went fishing for pearls au fond du temple saint (bromance!) and LOOK AT WHAT I’VE FOUND

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Healing-class

Sometimes I love this forum.

Posted by: TKiller.6829

TKiller.6829

I went fishing for pearls au fond du temple saint (bromance!) and LOOK AT WHAT I’VE FOUND

I didn’t use the forums for good 6 months after buying the game if not more. All because I visited warrior subforums and general discussion once. Forgive me the assumption, good people!

Defeated by packet loss.

Dalanor.5387

Ehm, yeah. Hard to find your healing skill and use common sense.
Remember when we talked about where these players come from? I have seriously no idea, but it gets worse day by day. :/

Dalanor.5387

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Lindbur.2537

I never would have believed it, if I hadn’t seen it with my own eyes…

A remnant of times past.

Posted by: Minigrump.4961

Minigrump.4961

why do I always click on links posted in this thread if I know it is going to give me a headache just from reading or viewing it?

NovaanVerdiano.6174

why do I always click on links posted in this thread if I know it is going to give me a headache just from reading or viewing it?

Your curiosity (and hope for potential lulz) don’t give a kitten about the headaches you may get.

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

I have had a recurring dream, and it refuses to go away. I stand in the doorway of a poorly lit room. It’s musky and smells of age old cologne and festering food that has been forgotten about. It’s filled with a few creaky leather chairs that rock back and forth methodically, within them decrepit people sit. Their eyes, framed in crows feet are glassy. Some of their mouths sit askew, their jaws loose on hinges worn away.

There’s a small window in one corner, its panes murky and fogged from years of neglect. A beam of pale light sifts through it and from time to time one of the inhabitants stares at it longingly. A clock ticks somewhere, a constant ‘flick, flick’ to maintain a room that is slowly creeping through the years.

One of the chairs groans, I turn to look at it. Within a lady sits, her face contorted. An arm like a withering branch is extended from the leathery confines of her seat. After a few moments a nurse swoops in from nowhere and places before the lady a tray. Upon it as if spawned from a portal to another world, a silver laptop rests.
‘Yes dear’
She croons
’It’s alright, I’m here… Yes, you want me to to log it in for you? That’s lovely dear.’
The lady in the chair begins to sway to and fro with furore,
‘Mhmm!! mhmm!! Toxic!’ she shrieks as she glares at the screen.
’ You don’t like what this man says about the berserker builds? I understand it’s ok.’ the nurse replies.
She leans over and begins to type carefully. Every so often the old woman nudges the nurse with a shaky leg and murmurs causing the nurse to tap one too many keys and typo. The nurse smiles and continues until the mumbling and bumping stops. She turns to check that the lady is satisfied with her contribution and then backs away.

As if a fire has ignited within this lady’s soul she sits up abruptly and smacks a bony finger down on the mouse keys.
Perhaps she is reliving her childhood within that very moment.
Perhaps as she brings her finger down on the ‘post reply’ button, she remembers something.
Perhaps, for just that moment…
She is alive again.
A tear peels down her cheek and she sinks back into her seat.
’I’ll always play how I want, always.’
‘Yes dear, I know dear.’
The nurse quietly plucks the laptop from the tray and dissipates from the room as the lady drifts back into her glassy eyed stupor. The light flickers in the window and outside somewhere a car sputters past. The clock ticks on.

(edited by J Eberle.9312)

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Brilliant. Simply brilliant.

Lindbur.2537

Once again, I am reminded of why you are our Grandmaster.

Absolute brilliance.

A remnant of times past.

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

This made my morning.

Be sure to save it for when the wrath of Mod inevitably comes crashing down on this thread!

Laar.5476

What is with the slew of PHIW threads lately; did all the open world heroes flock to the forums when the events were broken and decide to stay?

Posted by: NACotser.4125

NACotser.4125

I’m back and alive, missed you babies<3

2Hairy = 2Scary
B)

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Who are you?

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Missed you moar!

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

deSade.9437

This is probably how I’m going to end up, just the other way around.
In a sanitarium stuck on a wheelchair yelling at people for being casuals and staff guardian scrubs.

deSade.9437

Yeah… Pistol/dagger and shortbow…

Still, I think staff guardians and lb rangers annoy me the most. Because… BECAUSE.

/starts yelling at the screen

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Still, I think staff guardians and lb rangers annoy me the most. Because… BECAUSE.

hugs and gives kittens

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

deSade.9437

hugs and gives kittens

Why u no mail

Attachments:

Posted by: TKiller.6829

TKiller.6829

*Gets damaged by kick mid dodge roll 11 times

Alright, Rostelecom, I got it, no Arah today.

Defeated by packet loss.

Posted by: Lucas.9157

Lucas.9157

I come to forums expecting for lulz.

I were not dissapoint.

+1 points for griffindor

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Ugh, I hate it when that happens. Especially when you can move around while knocked down and suddenly get ported a bit away a few seconds later.

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Story of my life Q_Q

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Lmfao are you serious. I got an infraction for responding to deSade about something so freakin’ trivial that the only explanation is that a mod is clearly crying in real life because they like to leisurely play as a staff guard.

Dalanor.5387

Lindbur.2537

Now, I am a very loving person in general (having been taught by my Grandmaster),but this time…
Please, take that filthy cretin out of my sight and burn him with the rest of the guardian builds before him. And be sure to use slow burning fuel.

Thank you.

<3

A remnant of times past.

Posted by: IvanTheGrey.2941

IvanTheGrey.2941

Are people genuinely complaining that the LS boss is hard? That’s literally the easiest boss I’ve ever faced in a “dungeon” (just so it relates). Even phiw’s can do this! You can’t crit it! COME ON PEOPLE!!!!!

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Are people genuinely complaining that the LS boss is hard? That’s literally the easiest boss I’ve ever faced in a “dungeon” (just so it relates). Even phiw’s can do this! You can’t crit it! COME ON PEOPLE!!!!!

Yep. People also complained at the Tresher boss at the end of the Fort Salma quest who was annoying at best.

Posted by: IvanTheGrey.2941

IvanTheGrey.2941

Good grief. That…. I have no more words.

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Welcome to modern games and their communities.

Laar.5476

Clearly we need time machines, and probably nostalgia glasses as thick as bullet proof glass.

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Clearly we need time machines, and probably nostalgia glasses as thick as bullet proof glass.

You think bullet proof glass can hold them back?

Btw, is it possible that the bug where you can’t see the red skull above your head at Jade Maw is back? Happened three times to me today.

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

Just coming out of SE pt1 “ZERK WARR/ELE/GUARD” party. Decided to pug a dungeon for dem lulz

I hop on the party on my warrior saying I will switch to my ele since there are 2 warriors already. The guardian starts crying to be fast and all that … hmm .. okay.

They were are Nook already, so we just finished him off and proceeded to the golems. As a person who’s been playing his warr mainly in the past few days, I totally forget about fgs. 2 guys get downed but all the golems die anyway.

Guardian: No fgs? Gj ele.
Me: I’m sorry, I’ve been playing my warr lately, totally forgot.
Guardian: fgs is all eles are worth
Me: I beg to differ

We get to the last boss and this is when I notice that WE HAVE A BLOODY “ZERK” GUARDIAN USING A STAFF AS MAIN WEAPON! The same guy who was just complaining about my mistake with the fgs was just staffing the kitten out of the boss and couldn’t even care less about swapping to another weapon.

Faith in pugz: destroyed. Back to guildies.

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Just coming out of SE pt1 “ZERK WARR/ELE/GUARD” party. Decided to pug a dungeon for dem lulz

I hop on the party on my warrior saying I will switch to my ele since there are 2 warriors already. The guardian starts crying to be fast and all that … hmm .. okay.

They were are Nook already, so we just finished him off and proceeded to the golems. As a person who’s been playing his warr mainly in the past few days, I totally forget about fgs. 2 guys get downed but all the golems die anyway.

Guardian: No fgs? Gj ele.
Me: I’m sorry, I’ve been playing my warr lately, totally forgot.
Guardian: fgs is all eles are worth
Me: I beg to differ

We get to the last boss and this is when I notice that WE HAVE A BLOODY “ZERK” GUARDIAN USING A STAFF AS MAIN WEAPON! The same guy who was just complaining about my mistake with the fgs was just staffing the kitten out of the boss and couldn’t even care less about swapping to another weapon.

Faith in pugz: destroyed. Back to guildies.

Wait you had faith in pugs?