General Dungeon Discussion Thread - Part 2

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

I’d rather call Nike’s beliefs common sense.

Snow Crows [SC]

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

Instanced raids. I need them.
I cant handle open world it’s just too much.
Going outside of my house and getting skin burnt and eyes watering by the sunlight is much going outside of dungeons and getting skin burnt away and eyes watering from the map chat.

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Then you may want to reconsider advising people to improve their character flaws while saying yours are okay

Anyway, there’s another 75% off sale coming up \o/ I think I might as well get a second account so I can play the TP and run dungeons at the same time. I missed out last time…

Also, time to make some investments. Gonna be a lot of new players coming in!

edit Posts are disappearing from all over this thread this morning O.o Mods, or self deletes?

Posted by: Kordash.2197

Kordash.2197

By the way guys, i would like to ask you a question.

I’ve got kicked last week at the third fractal. It was cliffside, and i was kicked right after we failed (for the first time) the two top seals.

A bit of input before my question:
- It was a fractal 50 full zerker + gear check + experienced (Was on Warrior Phalanx, full zerk, 80 AR, just got one kittenty sigil (fire) on my GS at that moment but after talking with them they said it doesn’t really matter, and being experienced)
- Apparently, two of them were buddys (probably created the group)
- One Engineer was soft trolling several times (it was a pick up that i didn’t know)

1) We rolled Swamp, 2 wipes on Bloomhunger, i was the last standing melee each time.
2) We then rolled Snowblind, the two buddys got downed several times on the last boss, and i did make a mistake once when he was around 30%, getting one of them up when i shouldn’t have, resulting in him standing up and me dying (downed state just before ice falls anyone ?)
3) We then roll Cliffside, everything goes fine till the top seals, where things start to be a bit messy. But we manage to break a seal, the second need one last hit. Then the Engi proceed to leave the hammer at the seal instead of bringing it back (apparently intentional trolling). So i’m moving to take it, go back to the stack, charge up, and go try to unload the charge on the seal. But being a bit low life after taking the hammer back from where the Engi put it, i end up dead right before the hit land, this leading to a wipe. I then see the Engi being kicked while i’m making my way back to the seals then poof ! Back to Lion’s Arch.

I can understand i wasn’t performing the best of my best and made some mistakes, but still doing okay.

Now, my question is : In your opinion, did i deserve this kittening kick ?

Kordash.2197

Then you may want to reconsider advising people to improve their character flaws while saying yours are okay

Anyway, there’s another 75% off sale coming up \o/ I think I might as well get a second account so I can play the TP and run dungeons at the same time. I missed out last time…

edit Posts are disappearing from all over this thread this morning O.o Mods, or self deletes?

Mods

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

By the way guys, i would like to ask you a question.

I’ve got kicked last week at the third fractal. It was cliffside, and i was kicked right after we failed (for the first time) the two top seals.

There always will be idiots.

1) We rolled Swamp, 2 wipes on Bloomhunger, i was the last standing melee each time.

But at that point i would have left the party to avoid more trouble^^

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

Posted by: Morte.5916

Morte.5916

I always play staff ele, but I have practised scepter and noted the build and so on just in case. Today I was in a low end AC PUG with another staff ele who asked me to switch, which I did.

God it was miserable.

I got my pre-stacks off, 18 might, not bad for a beginner I thought. Alas, few people deigned to stand in them.

Then I tried to stack might on the Graveling trash… knocked all over the place, no stability/aegis, lost half the might and both the conjures.

It hit me during the first skip: scepter/dagger has no realistic swiftness, and neither the guradian nor the warrior are applying group swiftness. I failed one skip (back aggro), first in AC for a while.

For utilities I used Arcane Wave, LH, Icebow. Nobody would use my spare bow for love nor money, it was sat there on the ground at the end of every fight. But the guardian kept stealing the lightning hammer, oh yes.

I dropped a few fire spells on one of the big Graveling burrows in the room just before Reilquary WP in P3. It didn’t die. This is, like, cognitive dissonance. Lava Font + Meteor obliterates any burrow, and associated wildlife. I had to turn around and go back for another Dragon’s Tooth.

Oh, and the other ele, the one on staff? Clearly not a believer in lava fonts. But the guardian did keep placing symbols, so I probably blasted something with LH.

It sure felt like I got more aggro than normal. Could it possibly be that some of the other “zerk” people were telling fibs?

There is a splendid moment in one of DEKeyz video guides where she says something like “if you believe you will have perfect defences, you can use Arcane Brilliance as an extra blast finisher”. Would anyone like to give me some advice on playing scepter/X might stacker in groups that aren’t like that?

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

You really shouldn’t be having much trouble with the graveling CCs; they’re relatively well telegraphed, though you do have to remember the double knockback effect the stalkers have (if you don’t have 2 dodges ready, stop or go around until the effect finishes). Skipping on s/f is relatively easy if you’re used to no mobility skills, you have a full 5s invulnerability, kitten AoE projectile block, and a 3s personal projectile reflect/3x condi remove at your disposal, and that’s just from focus. Should you really need it, you have an instant cast blind, a second blind, and 2 good CCs as well. If you have no swiftness and are feeling too lazy to swap weapons to stack it, you can swap in signet of air (which has a low cooldown active that is a stun break and blind). For harder skips, swap in lightning flash and either arcane shield or armor of earth (if stab is needed) and consider using FGS for mobility.

Staff is far superior for killing burrows and structures though, and you should definitely use it for ACs burrow rooms (and the defend detha events, but that’s another matter), regardless of what any other eles in the party are running. You can solo the p3 burrow room easily by using meteor shower and ice bow 4 correctly, once you know the burrow spawn order/times. P1 burrows are much harder but also doable solo.

Also, I’d seriously recommend arcane brilliance. Having another blast finisher that isn’t tied to a specific attunement can be really useful, especially where you need to blast stealth often.

(edited by Sins.4782)

Posted by: Hohou.1508

Hohou.1508

I always play staff ele, but I have practised scepter and noted the build and so on just in case. Today I was in a low end AC PUG with another staff ele who asked me to switch, which I did.

God it was miserable.

I got my pre-stacks off, 18 might, not bad for a beginner I thought. Alas, few people deigned to stand in them.

Then I tried to stack might on the Graveling trash… knocked all over the place, no stability/aegis, lost half the might and both the conjures.

It hit me during the first skip: scepter/dagger has no realistic swiftness, and neither the guradian nor the warrior are applying group swiftness. I failed one skip (back aggro), first in AC for a while.

For utilities I used Arcane Wave, LH, Icebow. Nobody would use my spare bow for love nor money, it was sat there on the ground at the end of every fight. But the guardian kept stealing the lightning hammer, oh yes.

I dropped a few fire spells on one of the big Graveling burrows in the room just before Reilquary WP in P3. It didn’t die. This is, like, cognitive dissonance. Lava Font + Meteor obliterates any burrow, and associated wildlife. I had to turn around and go back for another Dragon’s Tooth.

Oh, and the other ele, the one on staff? Clearly not a believer in lava fonts. But the guardian did keep placing symbols, so I probably blasted something with LH.

It sure felt like I got more aggro than normal. Could it possibly be that some of the other “zerk” people were telling fibs?

There is a splendid moment in one of DEKeyz video guides where she says something like “if you believe you will have perfect defences, you can use Arcane Brilliance as an extra blast finisher”. Would anyone like to give me some advice on playing scepter/X might stacker in groups that aren’t like that?

My advice is: play D/F in PUGs instead of scepter/x.

Engineer since August 2012

Posted by: Morte.5916

Morte.5916

Thank you, Sins.

You really shouldn’t be having much trouble with the graveling CCs; they’re relatively well telegraphed

Yes. I can avoid them fairly well, normally. Today for various reasons (warriors) I ended up stacking might with the gravelings in my face, so if I was dodging I wasn’t blasting and the fire field was running down. If I could pre-stack I’d be ok.

Skipping on s/f is relatively easy if you’re used to no mobility skills

I’m not. Guess that’s another thing to practice.

, you have a full 5s invulnerability, kitten AoE projectile block, and a 3s personal projectile reflect/3x condi remove at your disposal, and that’s just from focus. Should you really need it, you have an instant cast blind, a second blind, and 2 good CCs as well.

The key word there appears to be “focus” as opposed to “dagger”. OK, I’ll do that.

If you have no swiftness and are feeling too lazy to swap weapons to stack it,

Not lazy as such, it’s more I worry that:
(a) people will run off while I’m stacking leaving me with all the back aggro
(b) somebody will be in combat ahead or behind until the next fight so I can’t get off staff
… but I’ll try it and see.

Also, I’d seriously recommend arcane brilliance. Having another blast finisher that isn’t tied to a specific attunement can be really useful, especially where you need to blast stealth often.

I do always use that. I just think “will I regret this?” whenever I use it to blast fire before a fight, and I keep it back for healing (plus incidental blast) in a known bad group.

Posted by: Jockum.1385

Jockum.1385

Did they changed the reward at the end of Aether?
I’ve just done it with a PUG and got 10 deluxe gear boxes after doing those achievement stuff at the end. Usually I get one or two. (I never understood why its sometimes one and sometimes two)

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

Brb making a dedicated healer out of my guardian. Videos to come soon.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

IMO on Ele is a profession you should play with your weapon swap tab open. By that i mean either inventory or hero tab. Before run try to be in earth, swap staff do the swiftness rotation, then swap back to scepter/dagger and you can RtL through. Alternatively if you don’t want to utilize earth for the extra blast with staff you can just do air thing, and swap the focus in and have earth ready to swap for invuln. Not a huge fan of scepter myself, I usually go D/F for PUGs… though I’ll swap S/D→F→D/F might rotation if I have time to before fights. Ele is no easy profession in PUGs because of the frantic and unorganized movements random people make. Lots of people have this expectation that things will simply happen, not realizing that giving you a couple seconds would make your life far easier, I can’t tell you how many times I’ve gotten stuck in the wrong weapon because I’m trying to be beneificial to my group by stacking might/swiftness before a fight/run… that said I’m no great Ele obviously, but I try, I just rarely get people who are willing to give me the few seconds to make it happen.

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Wrong topic eh? Jerus?

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Jerus.4350

Wrong topic eh? Jerus?

Scroll up a bit, it was in response to some Ele questions… that or I’m still groggy

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

Guys, this… this is golden!

Attachments:

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

reply: “from achieving.”

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Why-your-dungeons-are-not-fun/first#post4852580

For those who want to have a laugh about how we were 2 years ago back when we were newbs!

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Why is this thread so deep down the dungeon sub. :v

Hey guys!

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

Too busy with the fractals kitten measuring thread I guess. :P

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Too busy with the fractals kitten measuring thread I guess. :P

Maybe. :P

I think I just found DeKeyz in another game.

Anyway, how’s everyone doing? I’m just looking in here every now and then, barely playing right now.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

http://youtu.be/xUjrrc5aj2k?t=26m38s

Interesting. Sounds a lot more encouraging when they dont purposely avoid the question.

Posted by: Envy.1748

Envy.1748

Guys, this… this is golden!

Attachments:

What happens in fractals, stays in fractals.

Posted by: Cheezy.2039

Cheezy.2039

Interesting. Sounds a lot more encouraging when they dont purposely avoid the question.

To be honest, this doesn’t really sound like new stuff coming up but rather them changing the old stuff. And he did avoid the aspect of group size, so I’d guess they are talking about open world challenges? I don’t know, maybe I am missing something but it does not sound like instanced content to me :/

Cheezy – Vis Invicta [vC]

The meta is changing at an alarming rate.

Jerus.4350

To be honest, this doesn’t really sound like new stuff coming up but rather them changing the old stuff. And he did avoid the aspect of group size, so I’d guess they are talking about open world challenges? I don’t know, maybe I am missing something but it does not sound like instanced content to me :/

Naw, but it does sound like he actually knows what being challenging means, which is nice to hear. We’ll see how well they pull it off though. The second things are zergable, well, guess what will happen…

spoj.9672

My thoughts exactly. He understood what challenging content means. And he mentioned he wants to see groups fail repeatedly to work it out. The way it sounded didnt seem like it was something they consider to be open world.

Oh noes! Im picking at tiny details of every interview and article! I must be an inferior human being. /s

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

First time I did AC exp we wiped like 5 times on Kholer before we disbanded. Does that count as a challenging content?

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

First time I did AC exp we wiped like 5 times on Kholer before we disbanded. Does that count as a challenging content?

6th day after release, my group ran CoF p1, after 4 hours at the last boss, which had more regen than we could do damage, we decided to leave

spoj.9672

I dont believe when the game was first released and noone had any clue about builds or how to play properly is a valid comparison. ;P

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

I dont believe when the game was first released and noone had any clue about builds or how to play properly is a valid comparison. ;P

Back then only one build was valid in dungeon, naked build.

Broken armor and swag was all you needed for dungeon, oh and also waypoint rushing

Wethospu.6437

Ye, but what is considered challenging varies highly among the playerbase.

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

From the newest interview:

Colin Johanson: “I think some of the just, regular mobs in the demo like the Mordrem Court that you fight in the beginning, certainly have abilities that make the open world more exciting, or instances more exciting. That’s the stuff we’ve shown and we’ve talked about so far. Challenging group content will extend beyond that.”

http://www.guildmag.com/pax-east-2015-guild-wars-2-developer-interview/

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Guess who’s a lil sore?
Anyway, I got kinda lost in my own stuff in these days and I’m too lazy to read the whole forum, anything cool came up? How was the stream? Some crazy threads going on?

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

did you miss the massive gold mine of drama yesterday?

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

deSade.9437

I did. Woah. What did I miss?

spoj.9672

Bragging about fractal 50 clear times.

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

deSade.9437

Thannnnnnks

Wethospu.6437

Why is my feedback always like this?

And btw, noticed like 7-8 fails in the Aetherpath guide on gw2dungeons.net. Will probably make a list later.

Kordash.2197

Why is my feedback always like this?

And btw, noticed like 7-8 fails in the Aetherpath guide on gw2dungeons.net. Will probably make a list later.

People must hate you so much :P

BTW, check Mai Trin comment’s section ! I gave you some feedback on the stealth part

(edited by Kordash.2197)

deSade.9437

<.<
I am not pleased.

Attachments:

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

That’s where you tell off your numpty staff eles to stop auto attacking when he’s reflecting.

Cheezy.2039

That’s where you tell off your numpty staff eles to stop auto attacking when he’s reflecting.

As you can see the cuter asura performing a lightning whip you have to blame the one that is not in the picture

deSade.9437

Oh yeah the only blame Veck has is not being supportive when I sobbed and moaned like a lonely puppy on ts.
And for not swimming here quickly enough, I’m still waiting you hear me??

#ohwoemeanethatesme
#whining
#lyfeishard
#staffdoesnodamage

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

He probably couldn’t hear you over his non stop monologue.

deSade.9437

Ehhhhhhhh, sore about something in particular?
(Why am I always stuck on the Titanic sinking seriously)

Posted by: Silferas.3841

Silferas.3841

Heh, my social experiment ended in an utter failure. Conclusion?

Don’t sell dungeons without placeholders. Ever.

It took me about 1 minute to get kicked out of my Arah p2. At least I got their names and submitted a support ticket, not like that matters in the least though. I haven’t been this salty in a while, I really do hope they get banned. I even wanted to be fair and bargain with them and they laughed to my face that ANet ain’t gonna do rat’s kitten about it and I suspect they might be right.

Well, serves me right. Should have been more cautious.

[Path] of the Immortals – a guild for veterans – Join us
[S]illy [L]ittle [U]gly [T]rolls – our little dungeon forum community
“My mind has left, my body follows”

Cheezy.2039

He probably couldn’t hear you over his non stop monologue.

Attachments:

deSade.9437

kitten… I don’t wanna know what the hell has been going on, I have to come of age first because I feel like it’s R rated.
/hides under a rock

Heh, my social experiment ended in an utter failure. Conclusion?

Don’t sell dungeons without placeholders. Ever.

It took me about 1 minute to get kicked out of my Arah p2. At least I got their names and submitted a support ticket, not like that matters in the least though. I haven’t been this salty in a while, I really do hope they get banned. I even wanted to be fair and bargain with them and they laughed to my face that ANet ain’t gonna do rat’s kitten about it and I suspect they might be right.

Well, serves me right. Should have been more cautious.

Remember there was a thread where some of the deities of our elitist Pantheon (Iris and Lilith mostly) served hot cocoa to the Kicked Dungeon Sellers Anonymous? Here.
/gives steaming mug
With extra cream, just for you.
Hold on!

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

Any interested teams want to do Friday Night Dungeon Fights this week? Looking for trio teams that want to have a go. Lemme know if there is interest.

Was thinking of experimenting with the format and only having the first path of the night be random, and afterwards whoever loses the path gets to pick the next one. In theory it would allow underdogs a better shot. But it also might lead to a blow out one way followed by a blow out in the other direction and vice versa. FNDF is a good time to experiment with rule changes outside of a tournament setting since it isn’t an experiment with huge prizes at stake.

Anyway, if anyone even people not in the tournament are interested in playing would love to have you. Last week we had a 100g prize for the winning trio I’ll see about scaring up something for this week.

I know who I am, do you know who you are?