General Dungeon Discussion Thread - Part 2

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Till you watch your friend stream, and you realise he isnt as good as he talks. Makes me wonder how long the carry has been going on? and why I havent noticed this before.

Now to have the talk.

Well, my frand, just let it pass. ‘Cause it’s gonna be a delicate talk as no one wants to hear that they suck and you would risk fracturing your beautiful frandship. Ughhh… hear me now, just let your disappointment fade away.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

Im so torn. Its not only that he is bad. It is that he is berserker and bad and quite abrasive.
I mean. Lists " dps only" lfg Insta kicks necro/rangers/engi. rages on teammates when he dies. lots of sarcastic demeaning chat.

I thought people who did lots of mj were supposed to be ultra chill.

also

“The number of votes required to kick a party member has been increased to 50% of the party. As an example, in parties of five, three votes will be required.”

Added chat logging to indicate who is kicking whom in parties and who is leaving.
Added a feature in chat that properly indicates when a player has been removed from a party instead of indicating that all other players left the party.
Updated chat text to indicate that players who are kicked or leave the party are no longer in the party instead of always indicating that player left the party.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

(edited by DonQuack.9025)

Iris Ng.9845

Wow, nice new features. There will more accurate reports from now on, I hope.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

DonQuack.9025

Tested it out.
works well except that 50% is still 2 people.
Same like last time they tried to do this.

It tells

NO NAME AND SHAME HERE THIS WAS TESTING

http://s3.postimg.org/wsflfdgeb/screenshot_2015_03_16.png

but as you can see only 2 needed to be kicked. had a party of 5

Guild chat is also kitten beyond all reasoning. —-

Fixed one sec, borked the next

Attachments:

(edited by DonQuack.9025)

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

Im so torn. Its not only that he is bad. It is that he is berserker and bad and quite abrasive.
I mean. Lists " dps only" lfg Insta kicks necro/rangers/engi. rages on teammates when he dies. lots of sarcastic demeaning chat.

I thought people who did lots of mj were supposed to be ultra chill.

You don’t need to have a talk, not now anyway. The polite thing to do is wait until the next rage / unchill episode he does. At that point you say, “hey bro, you have to chill out with that attitude, you’re making people mad and you’re in no position to be overly critical about people’s play.” If he tries to argue with you, you can politely but bluntly inform him that he either needs to act like an adult and treat people with respect or you will replace him in your group.

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Mordrem Wolf: Significantly reduced critical-hit damage.
Jungle Tendril Root: Removed several evasion frames from the Burrow skill animation. Burrow should now make the Jungle Tendril Root emerge directly below the target.

CHALLENGING NEW CONTENT

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Tested it out.
works well except that 50% is still 2 people.
Same like last time they tried to do this.

It tells

NO NAME AND SHAME HERE THIS WAS TESTING

http://s3.postimg.org/wsflfdgeb/screenshot_2015_03_16.png

but as you can see only 2 needed to be kicked. had a party of 5

Guild chat is also kitten beyond all reasoning. —-

Fixed one sec, borked the next

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

I assume it probably only checks those not being voted on, so 2/4 = 50%… silly ANet, didn’t we go over this last time? And bring it up again a few weeks ago…

DonQuack.9025

Also just noticed. dpsmeter no workie anymore. (frifox’s)

Posted by: Sauerstoff.7045

Sauerstoff.7045

Has anybody else of the Solo AC P3 dungeon rushers noticed the extreme Power decrease?
My Power always was at the 720 cap and now its down to 576… havent done anything different tho

Posted by: Casmurro.9046

Casmurro.9046

Has anybody else of the Solo AC P3 dungeon rushers noticed the extreme Power decrease?
My Power always was at the 720 cap and now its down to 576… havent done anything different tho

Yeah, i just entered in an ac explorable instance and my power is capped at 587.

Edit: I just used food and maintenance oil and my power raised to 619, so 587 is not the new cap i guess.

(edited by Casmurro.9046)

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Just did first person Lupi solo. Never again. xD

Had to stare up at Lupi’s crotch for 99% of the fight to get even the slightest cue as to what attacks he was doing.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I bet he was feeling quite embarrassed.

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

You should have ranged like I suggested.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Welp they changed snowblind fractal so you can’t destroy the swirly bit with AoEs. :(

Sauerstoff.7045

Yeah, i just entered in an ac explorable instance and my power is capped at 587.

Edit: I just used food and maintenance oil and my power raised to 619, so 587 is not the new cap i guess.

The cap is still at 720 but it seems like they decreased the percentage of your armors stats in lower lvl dungeons

Jerus.4350

Welp they changed snowblind fractal so you can’t destroy the swirly bit with AoEs.

Not like it wasn’t already the most annoying fight already or anything…

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Welp they changed snowblind fractal so you can’t destroy the swirly bit with AoEs.

Not like it wasn’t already the most annoying fight already or anything…

Ughhh. Did you guys try with thief and engi?

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

We had an engi with traited bombs and staff ele. Ice spikes, eruptions, big ol’ bombs, jump shots nothing worked and no dmg numbers.

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Lame, didn’t think it was a bug. But whatever, at least they are giving fractals a bit of attention.

Sauerstoff.7045

Their also is the bug at AC P3 at the endboss… grast uses his shields more often but the stones still hit you somehow

Jerus.4350

Lame, didn’t think it was a bug. But whatever, at least they are giving fractals a bit of attention.

It’d be nice if they did ones that would make fractals more fun rather than more annoying… ok I’m just salty because I already hated snowblind anyways, now… yeah… such a dumb fight, can’t even truly fail it either.

Posted by: pyrates.5684

pyrates.5684

Also tried to do p1 with my friend as usual, buyers came.. we engaged boss and got destroyed xD. Was pretty silly until we found out how to do it

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

I just helped a FT 1K AP engi. He was very open minded and willing to learn. Comparing kill times on the indestructible golem…priceless.

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

Jerus.4350

I just helped a FT 1K AP engi. He was very open minded and willing to learn. Comparing kill times on the indestructible golem…priceless.

But but when he killed it he was doing “400k dps!” ;b

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

I’ve been playing Skyrim again lately… started a new stealth mage character to go with the Perkus Maximus mod. It’s fun and RealVision just makes it all the more sweeter.

:D I really enjoyed the Skyrim mods. People made entirely new campaigns.

I’ve actually been replaying the Metroid Prime series, SM, ZM, and Fusion. Other than that nearly at 50/50 and GWAMM in GW1. Hopefully something will catch my eye in GW2 soon.

Saint, do you happen to have any GW1 account that is not linked to GW2 yet? If you can give it to me, (so I can get the heritage armor for my EU account :p), I’ll join you on your GWAMM quest :>

No, sorry. I don’t have another account anymore. Plus, you don’t want to grind out GWAMM with me now. All the more fun stuff is finished but I’ll help out if you are online The only thing left is about 9 Mill more Luxon faction.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Posted by: Sarahfull.4930

Sarahfull.4930

Isn’t this adorable!

Attachments:

Jerus.4350

Isn’t this adorable!

>.<

Jerus.4350

gemfx presets… anyone got anything I should try? Finally got it working after this last patch and looking to try some stuff out. So far when I adjust it myself it just makes it dark :b

Sarahfull.4930

I just did a lfg for a PuG with my sister for the first time in aaggeess and we made two new fractal friends.

Take that bad PuG stories!!

Posted by: GrimmR.3541

GrimmR.3541

Sarah, 1 good experience doesn’t vanish 5 bad ones! :p
I also have had a few PuGs which now became friends.

toxic since 2012

Iris Ng.9845

I’ve finally finished the Predator when the patch hit. My friend couldn’t stop getting all happy and jumpy after receiving his first legendary after almost 3 years. We went to PvP so he could play with it and I couldn’t help not recording his game play. Possibly the best and most entertaining engineer I know: http://youtu.be/yLVigiWmed8

Sarahfull.4930

Thats very true, although we need to balance it out, PuGs arent always bad

Posted by: creepmatic.9435

creepmatic.9435

I don’t know how this slipped out on me until now,
Such sarcasm

Attachments:

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

I don’t know how this slipped out on me until now,
Such sarcasm

omg.

Posted by: Avacado.9614

Avacado.9614

Hi! Dungeons are fun! But my highest level character is my Lv 60 Ele on this account. I want to eventually do dungeon tours. Anyone willing to help out? Iam leveling in AC and know all paths pretty well but as you know PUGs can vary greatly. Also this is the best thread in all of the forums!

(edited by Avacado.9614)

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Snow Crows [SC]

Avacado.9614

Thanks! I want to dedicate this account solely to dungeons and I was hoping of finding someone that would be willing to help me level to 80 running dungeons. I know a Lv 60 w/o many traits (thanks to infamous 4/2014 feature patch ;n;) is not ideal but I would rather level in dungeons than other means.

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

Are you on EU? I can help if you are. I’m not online consistently those last few days ( because the update is kitten), but I can get back if there’s dungeons to do.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Posted by: bearbear.1903

bearbear.1903

Started an LFG for HotW P3 with the description “P3 lvl 80 Zerk Experienced” since I wanted a “quick” run, or as quick as you can get with this path. However I am aware few do this path, outside of getting the Dungeon Master achievement, and so looking for experienced people is always going to be a stretch.

Clearly I’m such a dirty elitist.

Attachments:

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Started an LFG for HotW P3 with the description “P3 lvl 80 Zerk Experienced” since I wanted a “quick” run, or as quick as you can get with this path. However I am aware few do this path, outside of getting the Dungeon Master achievement, and so looking for experienced people is always going to be a stretch.

Clearly I’m such a dirty elitist.

Saved for future use in case there’s a “but zerkers are toxic and phiws aren’t, they’re so nice”.

Avacado.9614

Are you on EU? I can help if you are. I’m not online consistently those last few days ( because the update is kitten), but I can get back if there’s dungeons to do.

Thank you for offering help! Unfortunately, I wouldn’t be able to receive your help since I am not on EU. I still find leveling in dungeons more fun than anywhere else. Even if after setting up a LFG with “Px All Welcome” and getting a bunch of 80s that leave as soon as they join. It is disheartening since I do know the paths in AC but I kitten up a bit since I am only average with Ele and I’ve been running Strong and now Berzerker stats. So, I have kissed dirt quite a bit trying to sustain not only myself but PUGs too, lol. They sometimes ask for heals but I am no guard with Aegis and ele can only do so much healing x_x. I started to run staff just so I had the water field but I would also like to learn S/F and eventually D/F LH. I don’t mind carrying if I can but for that I have to get good at Ele in dungeons in general.

(edited by Avacado.9614)

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Got into the HoT beta and sadly I’ll be at work through most of it. But yay. Beta.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I have no idea if my sign up even worked. Had the problem of not getting a confirmation email to the newsletter. I believe the common consensus was that people who were already signed up wouldnt recieve a confirmation.

Posted by: Enaretos.8079

Enaretos.8079

I got accepted into beta as well. I will do a 24 hours stream on thursday to friday to make sure I cover it all.

Snow Crows member since January 2014
My Twitch

Posted by: Minigrump.4961

Minigrump.4961

i got in as well

Jerus.4350

I got a stress test invite, :/ 2 hours only. (well 2 hours in afternoon and 2 in evening, I’ll only be able to make the evening)

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

I have no idea if my sign up even worked. Had the problem of not getting a confirmation email to the newsletter. I believe the common consensus was that people who were already signed up wouldnt recieve a confirmation.

Yeah, signed up for the newsletter but received no confirmation and no newsletters since. Guess that means I won’t be playing. Lilith let us know how it is

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

seems i got one too,

no sign up on my end. just me playing the game and all that jazz. Its the Stress test for 2 hours like Jerus Mentioned.

have to see about getting some time off work for it.

Posted by: Lorgus.6148

Lorgus.6148

Will the beta require you to roll entirely new characters or will you be using your existing toons? Not entirely sure about the logistics of it, and I wasn’t signed up for the newsletter so I’ll just wait for the rest of us unwashed masses to get access to it I guess xD

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

From what I understand you just launch as normal, login and next to the usual ‘create/delete’ character buttons there’ll be a ‘create beta character’ just for the duration of the test.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN