Miku Lawrence.6329

I’m so jealous of you all. Give access please ;_;

Snow Crows [SC]

General Dungeon Discussion Thread - Part 2

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Nice to see some of us made it!

So what was the criteria used? Pure randomness or Gemstore purchases? Any of you got invites and didnt touch the Gemstore at all?

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Randomness.

Snow Crows [SC]

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Definitely not gem store purchases… :P

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Posted by: Gruocs.3412

Gruocs.3412

Seems like it’s random selection, didn’t signed for anything and I still got it.

Hexagonis [HeX]

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Seems like it’s random selection, didn’t signed for anything and I still got it.

The invitations were for people who were signed on the newsletter

Posted by: pyrates.5684

pyrates.5684

When you notice that Ascalon Catacombs still can happily be exploited by thiefs after the ‘teleportation fixes’
#justgw2things
:D

Posted by: Sarahfull.4930

Sarahfull.4930

Yesterday me and my sister went for a swim after jade maw. Sadly no one was around when we went visting..

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Yesterday me and my sister went for a swim after jade maw. Sadly no one was around when we went visting..

I doubt there will be new shards altogether. It seems like we’ll just be seeing changes in how the shards are going to be played.

What I find sort of depressing is that the vast majority of the fractal content that may come with HoT may have already been designed and completed by the time the Fractured! patch rolled out.

At that time instabilities for levels far beyond 50 were datamined. Also, the fractal weapon boxes that they said were supposed to be a part of Fractured! were probably chosen to be held back at the last moment when some higher up probably said, “wait, don’t release that content yet we can save it for HoT.”

This of course assumes they knew they’d be working on an expansion at that point, but it certainly makes sense.

(edited by Nevets Crimsonwing.5271)

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I doubt there will be new shards altogether. It seems like we’ll just be seeing changes in how the shards are going to be played.

What I find sort of depressing is that the vast majority of the fractal content that may come with HoT may have already been designed and completed by the time the Fractured! patch rolled out.

At that time instabilities for levels far beyond 50 were datamined. Also, the fractal weapon boxes that they said were supposed to be a part of Fractured! were probably chosen to be held back at the last moment went some higher up probably said, “wait, don’t release that content yet we can save it for HoT.”

This of course assumes they knew they’d be working on an expansion at that point, but it certainly makes sense.

if it adds new fun though… /shrug whatever I’m down.

I mean, the whole idea of cutting out content from a game and releasing it as a “dlc” isn’t new or anything. It’s just bullkitten business tricks and one more reason why I laugh at those who try to talk about how good ANet is.

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

At that time instabilities for levels far beyond 50 were datamined. Also, the fractal weapon boxes that they said were supposed to be a part of Fractured! were probably chosen to be held back at the last moment went some higher up probably said, “wait, don’t release that content yet we can save it for HoT.”

if it adds new fun though… /shrug whatever I’m down.

I mean, the whole idea of cutting out content from a game and releasing it as a “dlc” isn’t new or anything. It’s just bullkitten business tricks and one more reason why I laugh at those who try to talk about how good ANet is.

I mean they need to make money, I don’t begrudge them that. But if they announce they are giving us nice content at no cost, walk back on their word, and then try to advertise it as “new, never-before-seen, awesome content” for purchase later down the line, it kind of makes you go -.-

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

So I was looking at some of the instabilities which aren’t in the game yet:

http://dulfy.net/2013/11/26/gw2-mistlock-instabilities/

Some could be interesting. I think “Hardcore” probably should have been how the game was designed from the get-go, because as of right now dying has hardly any effect on gameplay.

What do you guys think about only letting people progress on their PRL if they beat each respective tier? Now that the levels are account bound it wouldn’t be nearly as tedious as it was before, and would make each individual earn their way to higher tiers. No more joining a party on 40 or 50 and doing that 10x to skip all of the instabilities.

Posted by: GrimmR.3541

GrimmR.3541

So I did not get a beta invite but a friend of mine who played for like 15 hours total got one. Nice actually!

toxic since 2012

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

I had completely forgotten about signing up for the HoT newsletter… >_>

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Posted by: RealCheesus.8563

RealCheesus.8563

Selling arah and then this happens…how can people be this dumb and uninformed. After running out of accusations he then went offline. In other mmos I’d think this is a troll, but here you never know. I mean, at least he didn’t try to kick us, which would not have been possible anyways.

Attachments:

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Not sure why you even wasted your time responding to him.

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Yeah that would be insta block and move on for me. Too many scrubs in this game to bother.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

RealCheesus.8563

Well, we still had to wait for some more buyers and I was curious about his reasoning for reporting us, so it was an interesting and somewhat amusing way to make use of the time.

RealCheesus.8563

At least you had something to read and if interested I can give you his name so you will never have to experience this at first hand. (EU)

(edited by RealCheesus.8563)

Posted by: Lorgus.6148

Lorgus.6148

Selling arah and then this happens…how can people be this dumb and uninformed. After running out of accusations he then went offline. In other mmos I’d think this is a troll, but here you never know. I mean, at least he didn’t try to kick us, which would not have been possible anyways.

Wow dude how are you so patient?
When an idiot spouts unsubstantiated claims at me over PM, or via message I just block them and move on. What makes this extra funny is the fact that he had such a hard time believing you could solo it legitimately

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

RIP Icebow

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

RIP Icebow

What happened?

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

RIP Icebow

What happened?

Guessing Deep Freeze does not work so hot with the new breakbar system?

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

RIP Icebow

What happened?

Guessing Deep Freeze does not work so hot with the new breakbar system?

Oh. Duh.

Sigh.

Also no access to fractal masteries in the beta.

Are any of the specializations available?

Iris Ng.9845

We won’t be able to chain Deep Freeze in with the new defiance system.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

Posted by: NoTrigger.8396

NoTrigger.8396

good.

[qT] Quantify

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

Been pugging, since I came back, the last couple of days, and I must admit that either pugs got to a decent level or I’ve been lucky. Friendly, skilled groups, just chit-chatting and joking all around, jeez I missed that.

Apart from that, stuck at Lupi group was in distress and it felt so good to explain them a bit about the path and help them finish it. I love how thankful and happy they are at the end, makes me love GW2 again.

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

Quickfoot Katana.8642

selfownd hard.

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

Been pugging, since I came back, the last couple of days, and I must admit that either pugs got to a decent level or I’ve been lucky. Friendly, skilled groups, just chit-chatting and joking all around, jeez I missed that.

Apart from that, stuck at Lupi group was in distress and it felt so good to explain them a bit about the path and help them finish it. I love how thankful and happy they are at the end, makes me love GW2 again.

stuck at lupi?

i’ve been told everyone just wallsploits it now because pugs are allergic to using brain cells.

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Posted by: Minigrump.4961

Minigrump.4961

winterz 2 op plz nerf Kappa

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

Either you really were lucky or it’s just you who’s making people behave better than normal . In fact, the runs I was able to join you were among the most enjoyable I’ve had in a while (despite the fact that I haven’t been in CoE in ages and forgot half of the things I need to know about that dungeon ). I’m certainly hoping you’ll stick around for a while and I’ll get to play with you more often again .

winterchillz.2564

stuck at lupi?

i’ve been told everyone just wallsploits it now because pugs are allergic to using brain cells.

And what you’ve been told is correct. The LFG was “LF someone who can one-shot kill Lupi”. I wasn’t feeling like spending an eternity soloing as a thief or warr so I hopped on my guard and killed it. 3 out 5 were dead before phase 2 even begin. I figured their chance of finishing Arah p2 was close to 0 and according to their own words, they have had already spent 4 hours in there so I just decided to stay and hopefully help them out.

Rasi, you know you’re always welcome to come along, it’s a pleasure to have you in the same party

Minigrump – Give me cake <3

Cloud of Sparrows

Posted by: Morte.5916

Morte.5916

RIP Icebow

TBH, I wouldn’t miss it. It kind of takes my character over, I become an icebow bot with some additional features.

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

RIP Icebow

TBH, I wouldn’t miss it. It kind of takes my character over, I become an icebow bot with some additional features.

Now just nerf staff and my ele world is in order again.

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

Iris Ng.9845

RIP Icebow

Doubt it. Staff is in a very good place in sPvP right now. Good as in lower bracket and unnoticed.

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

RIP Icebow

Nerf scepter, dagger and focus as well. Lightning hammer also deals damage, wich is an exploit. let’s all play flame axe nomad and be happy.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

RIP Icebow

Nerf scepter, dagger and focus as well. Lightning hammer also deals damage, wich is an exploit. let’s all play flame axe nomad and be happy.

Doesn’t make sense in my opinion that a ranged weapon that requires only spamming 1, 2 and sometimes 5 has the highest dmg output and even a longlasting evade on the dmg-attunement.

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

Iris Ng.9845

RIP Icebow

Doesn’t make sense in my opinion that a ranged weapon that requires only spamming 1, 2 and sometimes 5 has the highest dmg output and even a longlasting evade on the dmg-attunement.

It is trade off by a slow attack rate, easy to avoid damage by strafing or stepping out and oh-so-easy to completely shut down by any CC heavy classes from a PvP stand point. In fact, its air attunement sorely needs a buff which probably never happens. By all means, they already nerf Tornado+Meteor shower combo and completely destroy that elite. The next expansion will screw up the current Ice bow meta and Tempest Defense trait as well

oxtred.7658

Then buff the other weaponsets? Lowering the damage output of the best dps option just make runs longer, not more interesting.

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

i suggest increasing damage on d/f since it actually takes decent skill to maintain rotation on that set

but then, gw2 class balance is based on their imaginary e$ports rather than pve so it’ll never happen lol

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Iris Ng.9845

Any buffs in dagger, scepter, focus will not be viable either as seeing how they are very prominent in sPvP. Dagger already received a buff with Lightning Whip, even though they killed Burning Speed (RIP </3). Scepter is a high burst weapon in sPvP, giving it more direct damage will only cause chaos. Focus is, well, focus – it’s not a damage weapon at all. Dagger OH was nerfed due to its too good mobility but it’s more valued for easy CC and burst.

There are only two things of ele which need rework: trait synergies and targeting/tracking of some skills. Then we will have even more builds and more working skills to play with

Jerus.4350

Maybe I’m crazy but I think Ele’s in a pretty solid place with their weapons.

Sure it’s funky that staff is the best damage being the range weapon, but if it weren’t, how often would anyone use staff? We’d all be sticking to Scepter or Dagger almost always. Right now you have 3 weapons and 3 viable options. D/F while not competitive on DPS is so fluid and has the utility at your finger tips that it certainly has it’s strengths as an overall weapon set. S+LH of course for might stacking. And leaves staff for pure DPS on immobile targets.

Iris Ng.9845

D/F is not competitive on Burst. It’s still the best for sustainable DPS and fairly balanced between damage and defense/crowd control.

Posted by: Sarahfull.4930

Sarahfull.4930

Sorry for asking. Who were the ones who hosted those weekend arah classes? I have some questions and would like some tips on doing a simular thing. ( on a smaller scale at first )

Sarah

Jerus.4350

Sorry for asking. Who were the ones who hosted those weekend arah classes? I have some questions and would like some tips on doing a simular thing. ( on a smaller scale at first )

Sarah

Ivanthegrey, Jiyn, and Zui were the 3 I went with. Not sure the numbers next to the names off the top of my head, hit me up tonight and I can get them for ya

winterchillz.2564

Bump.

Bored at work and this sub-category barely gets any new updates. So, how’s everyone reading this post, whatcha up to?

I’ve been trying to solo Lupi on thief lately, the huge amount of dodges and evades that I have is great but I’m having troubles properly escape of the AoE life-leech in phase 3. I assume that’s because I’m lacking some swiftness and my dodges can’t get me out of the ring on time.

Cloud of Sparrows

oxtred.7658

Dodge once, then use withdraw.

winterchillz.2564

Yep, figured that from watching some of the Eco’s videos. Cheers for the advice.

Cloud of Sparrows

winterchillz.2564

kitten bug

2 Errors Prevented Saving:
Flood Control: Please wait 20 seconds between posts!
Message Body length must at least be 15.

Cloud of Sparrows