Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Attachments:

General Dungeon Discussion Thread - Part 2

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

LOL

I forgot how to add signatures… whatever. Need to wake up first.

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

deSade.9437

Omg. And think about it: anet does content and cares for people like that <.<

Where’d the raid thread go? Twas fun.

Is the new sig working?

dlonie.6547

Omg. And think about it: anet does content and cares for people like that <.<

Dear god O.o And we’re the obnoxious ones?

Is the new sig working?

attached

(btw, this image is a hint to my 25g challenge from earlier)

(Seriously, why don’t more people watch trailer park boys)

(You fools are wasting your lives)

Attachments:

Posted by: NoTrigger.8396

NoTrigger.8396

I’m curious how you leveled in 3h…

it was possible to let one guy run level 50 veteran shiphands and invite you before the endboss, so you got all of the level 50 xp. 1 shiphand run was basically enough to get from level 1 to 18 and a run takes between 5 and 7 minutes if your gear is good enough.

You can solo the normal dungeons? Are the IA wipe-timers less important in the other instances? I tried soloing the academy but the bosses require 5 IA removal, and I didn’t think any of the classes had that much.

yes you can solo the normal mode dungeons. there are no IA wipe timers at level 50. but if you dont interrupt in raids its a wipe.

[qT] Quantify

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

Mods are getting worse and worse here… maybe I will check out W* after all.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

A legendary? A godkitten legendary? We should probably get a full set of ascended equip and fractal skins then… zzzz.

deSade.9437

—the established strategy for dungeons has been “wear zerker, stack in the corner and spam your skills” for way too long. It’s a brainless faceroll that isn’t fun or rewarding (at least to me), and it takes less skill and effort than an early WoW five-man.

If I hear this assertion one, ONE more time, I swear to the old gods and the new I’m gonna take it as an attempt to troll and flame the thread and start reporting.

The Forums are starting to annoy me again. Better take a small break or stay confined in the trashcan.

dlonie.6547

Well warm dung, would ya look at all of those dungeon changes listed in today’s patch notes.

I swear, the simplest things make me giddy these days xD

And don’t leave the trashcan. It’s a scary world out there.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I thought you were linking gw2 patch notes with sarcasm. Stop confusing me. :P

dlonie.6547

I thought you were linking gw2 patch notes with sarcasm. Stop confusing me. :P

Attachments:

dlonie.6547

Guys, come help:

Liadri was in the open world, not an instance. Just saying.

That’s a new low, even for our old friend here.

I’m gonna stop calling it PvF. It’s now WvV — World vs. Vayne.

(edited by dlonie.6547)

dlonie.6547

I think I just peed a little: http://fallout.bethsoft.com/

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

So anyone heard of Besieged? My brother just showed me and I want it so bad, but at the same time I’m quite sure I’d blink and lose hours if I was playing that.

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

Guys, come help:

Liadri was in the open world, not an instance. Just saying.

That’s a new low, even for our old friend here.

I’m gonna stop calling it PvF. It’s now WvV — World vs. Vayne.

He’s the reason of EVERY forum suspension I had. I bet he’s one of those extremely religious person with whom you can’t argue using logic or reason.

p.s. liadri would have been 100x better if it had been instanced, having to deal with the unoptimized flame effect and zerg causing massive lags. And lets not forget the waiting in line to fight.

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

i don’t understand why liadri is held up as some sort of pinnacle of challenge

like it honestly wasn’t even hard to get the mini, you even had people picking up lifesteal food and literally killing her with lifesteal procs since she had no hp.

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

spoj.9672

The hardest thing about liadri was having enough time to do it with all that queueing.

Posted by: NoTrigger.8396

NoTrigger.8396

[qT] Quantify

maha.7902

i forgot how low of a tolerance i had for the entitled **** stains that are rampant in the guild wars 2 discussion forum

“instanced content is bad because I DONT LIKE IT”

sure, and I wish they’d delete their stupid pretend e$$$$$$$ports game mode since it’s terrible but i’m not shoving that opinion down peoples’ throats.

dlonie.6547

So anyone heard of Besieged? My brother just showed me and I want it so bad, but at the same time I’m quite sure I’d blink and lose hours if I was playing that.

This? http://store.steampowered.com/app/346010/

That does look pretty sweet….

dlonie.6547

Re: You’re So Vayne,

Yeah, the guy likes to just pick on any loose wording that is an obvious exaggeration and just dig in.

I can’t tell how many times I’ve seen someone used “we” instead of “I”, then Vayne rides in screaming “YOU DON’T SPEAK FOR ALL OF US” and completely derails the conversation over a pedantic detail that has nothing to do with anything.

deSade.9437

I don’t like pedantic. I don’t do pedantic.

dlonie.6547

I think you mean ‘I don’t like pedants’, not ‘pedantic’.

donthitme

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

haha, the post just before the one you linked, where you say you dont want to form any more arguments with him, I swear I made the same exact post 2 years ago except it was about Arah xD

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/387314/so_i_spent_5000_on_gw2_gems_last_week/

And we want Anet to throw us a bone when there’s guys like him doing that?

It’s… just impossible. We can’t compete with the casual’s big fat wallet.

Jerus.4350

“casual’s big fat wallet” umm… pretty sure he’s the hardcore one. Compared to him I’m the casualist of the casual.

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

The attention he gets is sick tho :v I envy the karma ~

Btw, who’s a sexy fella?

Attachments:

Snow Crows [SC]

deSade.9437

I think you mean ‘I don’t like pedants’, not ‘pedantic’.

donthitme

No, I meant what I typed. Everyone and everything that is pedantic. Adjective. I do it quite often.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/387314/so_i_spent_5000_on_gw2_gems_last_week/

And we want Anet to throw us a bone when there’s guys like him doing that?

It’s… just impossible. We can’t compete with the casual’s big fat wallet.

I kinda feel bad for him. It… makes me sad. I dunno. I wish people didn’t have so many problems.

And I wish Vayned stop giving me reading problems <.<

(edited by deSade.9437)

Posted by: Wuselknusel.4082

Wuselknusel.4082

Wonderful. This place is like a save haven. You can come in and look outside to see the terrible and cloudy world we live in… Vayne still going rampant… A guy spending 5000$ just for the giggles and feels proud about it…
I wish there would be a guy within ArenaNet who thinks the same way, it would be hilariously funny.

Wuselknusel.4082

<3

Now if only ArenaNet would stop driving us away…sigh.

You know they can’t do that, we’ve long exceeded the… warning, pun incoming… Point of no Return…

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

i don’t understand why liadri is held up as some sort of pinnacle of challenge

like it honestly wasn’t even hard to get the mini, you even had people picking up lifesteal food and literally killing her with lifesteal procs since she had no hp.

The 7 (or was it 8?) orb achievement was some of the most fun I’ve had in the game though.

maha.7902

“achievements” in GW2 to me are normally just grindy borefests so I never bother with them really. it’s why I have absolute jack all for AP when most of the people in my friends list have like 15k+ because for some reason the game is full of people mad enough to do “collect 50 <insert item here>” crap.

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

“achievements” in GW2 to me are normally just grindy borefests so I never bother with them really. it’s why I have absolute jack all for AP when most of the people in my friends list have like 15k+ because for some reason the game is full of people mad enough to do “collect 50 <insert item here>” crap.

Well, yeah, I don’t do them either. But my point is that it was challenging (at least for me) and that’s why I think Liadri was challenging content. She was a little challenging at first (unless you’re Westhospu who put out that 5 second full zerk kill video in which case she may have been easy for you from the start,) but the real challenge IMO was in throwing those 7 or 8 orbs and then killing her before time ran out. It was a game of attrition and it was a challenge for me.

Also wtf 600 seconds (10 minutes) flood control?

maha.7902

no flood control here

stop being a naughty boy <3333

dlonie.6547

Seriously? No one here is excited about the Fallout 4 news? smh

&lt;3

Now if only ArenaNet would stop driving us away...sigh.

You know they can’t do that, we’ve long exceeded the... warning, pun incoming... Point of no Return...

No kidding, check the last few pages. More than a few of us are in Wildstar at the moment :P yay content!

"achievements" in GW2 to me are normally just grindy borefests so I never bother with them really. it’s why I have absolute jack all for AP when most of the people in my friends list have like 15k+ because for some reason the game is full of people mad enough to do "collect 50 &lt;insert item here&gt;" crap.

Same here, yet I’m sitting on about 6k somehow without trying. Most of my guildies are around 20k. It makes my brain bleed to even think about

O.o
-_-
O.o

spoj.9672

Its not like you really need to go out of your way to get 15k+ AP. I have just over 17k and most of the people i play with have around the same. I have gone out of my way for some achievements. Mainly the living story stuff because it was temporary and took no time at all (its a waste not to even try it and give it a chance). But the rest is just from playing actively since release and trying out various different bits of content.

Whats really challenging is keeping low AP. Anyone whos played a decent amount on a second account will know this. I always find it really amazing seeing new players with lvl80 characters and less than 1k AP. Because even when you skip so much content and get to lvl 80 you end up with quite a lot. So it makes me wonder what the hell did those new players do to get that far without gaining any AP (they probably got told to lvl in EotM or something stupid).

(edited by spoj.9672)

Jerus.4350

dlonie’s so lazy, psh 6k, 8k ftw!

maha.7902

i think i have like 7k or something

but of course doing pretty much exclusively instances is practically devoid of AP gain so i never really got that high

to be honest i don’t even know how i have the AP i do have, like i literally made zero effort to get any of it

dlonie.6547

Lol, Jerus — bear in mind that I was playing for at least a year before you came along xD

i think i have like 7k or something

but of course doing pretty much exclusively instances is practically devoid of AP gain so i never really got that high

to be honest i don’t even know how i have the AP i do have, like i literally made zero effort to get any of it

Heh, same here. ~3k hours and 6k AP. Dungeons only for this guy.

And you probably got most of them from random unlocks (accidental slayer/collector stuff) and dailies. I used to get my dailies done just running a dungeon tour back before they added the location specific crap.

It’s why I always laugh and refuse to join groups with ANY AP restrictions. It’s a joke, AP has nothing to do with dungeon experience in any way.

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

My 2nd account has like 3k ap and I don’t farm it or even regularly do dailies. It’s for friend dungeon tours occasionally but yeh AP is really is easy to get even accidently.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Jerus.4350

Aye I did some Jumping puzzles and what have you.

I actually like exploring other game modes when I’m satisfied with my favorite content and just need a little break. When I’m pulled into the game like that even if I don’t want to hit my normal stuff I’m interested in still playing, but, as it stands, I just log out and stop playing when I get tired of the stuff I enjoy.

deSade.9437

Something happened to either my account, my connection, the servers or the game. I have stable 40-50 ping atm and I play like a freaking GOD. It feels so good it’s almost orgasmic. Went to that from a 90-200 ping, unstable…

Jerus, please, don’t stop. Owww please don’t stop. More. Guh.

… you gonna report me now, I suppose. Owell. /shrug
I won’t shut up.

Wuselknusel.4082

Seriously? No one here is excited about the Fallout 4 news? smh

<3

Now if only ArenaNet would stop driving us away…sigh.

You know they can’t do that, we’ve long exceeded the… warning, pun incoming… Point of no Return…

No kidding, check the last few pages. More than a few of us are in Wildstar at the moment :P yay content!

Oh I will. Is it F2P already? I heard you get some bonus items if you have an active subscription when F2P comes. I just dreadfully fear a gemshop-like payment model for WS. Needless to say that I absolutely loathe the GW2 gemshop. It’s one of the two reasons for all the problems this game has.

(edited by Wuselknusel.4082)

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Seriously? No one here is excited about the Fallout 4 news

Only 9 hours to go!

Quickfoot Katana.8642

“casual’s big fat wallet” umm… pretty sure he’s the hardcore one. Compared to him I’m the casualist of the casual.

Just said that because I know a hell of a lot of casuals on reddit buy every weekly Gemstore pack. They prefer shopping rewards than earning them in-game.

That guy also said he just started playing GW2 one month ago, so…

Quickfoot Katana.8642

The best thing w* (whiteside) has got going for them is that the Devs really feel like they’re gamers. In addition to their sense of humor they just seem like one of us you know? Not like the Anet showcases of content where we see P/P thief with PVT gear and Scorpion Wire doing Thaumanova fractal and dying at the first mob-pack aggro’d…

That’s why I’m confident about it. Their focus is different.

dlonie.6547

Oh I will. Is it F2P already? I heard you get some bonus items if you have an active subscription when F2P comes. I just dreadfully fear a gemshop-like payment model for WS. Needless to say that I absolutely loathe the GW2 gemshop. It’s one of the two reasons for all the problems this game has.

Sounds like they’re serious about avoiding P2W, so that’s good. While it’s not F2P yet, it’s $20 for the box, and there’s also a 10 day free trial: https://www.wildstar-online.com/en/freetrial/

It’s still $15/month until it goes F2P (first month free with box), but after the F2P transition, one of the perks is 4 months of the free optional sub, and you get all of your character slots, guild slots, etc grandfathered in. Plus some bonus items for your house. (Yes. They have player housing)

Seriously? No one here is excited about the Fallout 4 news

Only 9 hours to go!

Stares at clock All I need to know is when to put in for a couple weeks vacation at work xD

The best thing w* (whiteside) has got going for them is that the Devs really feel like they’re gamers. In addition to their sense of humor they just seem like one of us you know? Not like the Anet showcases of content where we see P/P thief with PVT gear and Scorpion Wire doing Thaumanova fractal and dying at the first mob-pack aggro’d…

That’s why I’m confident about it. Their focus is different.

Exactly! They seem to release content and go “Hey guys, here’s what we made this time. What do you think?” and then actually respond and react to the feedback.

Here we get content releases as divine gifts descending from the heavens, that fall to Tyria to be forgotten.

Heh, I forgot about that thief, and never thought about it that way. But you’re right…smh.

(edited by dlonie.6547)

dlonie.6547

Man, you guys are doing really good job at promoting Wildstar.

Heh. I know I probably sound like a WS fanboy, but really I haven’t been playing for even a week yet.

It’s probably not ‘appropriate’ to be promoting another game on these forums, but kitten it. ArenaNet has had more than enough chances to throw this community a bone, and they haven’t shown any interest in doing so. Lots of vague, empty promises, but those really aren’t worth much years down the line.

Meanwhile, there’s a game around the corner that is trying to cater to our playstyle. After all we’ve been through over here, waiting years for content that won’t come (and if it does, it’ll never be touched again or even acknowledged once it goes live, barring exploits/game-breaking bugs), I figure it’s worth trying to convince folks to let go of their hopes for this game to deliver content that it doesn’t care about and play a game that actually gives two kittens about instanced PvE.

Maybe we’ll like it, maybe we won’t. But it’s free to try at the moment, might as well check it out. All I know is that Carbine is doing a much better job of working with their players to develop content that they want to play. I just don’t see that here.