Ropechef.6192

food for Jerus, Iris, D and Spoj.

:)

Attachments:

General Dungeon Discussion Thread - Part 2

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Now take a rolling pin and smash it up a bit. Perfect!

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

That looks amazing.

drools

dlonie.6547

300 ping is like a good day for my Australian Kangaroo Drop Bear powered internet :P

The 300 ping was exacerbated by the ten-ish shots of rum…and 3 months of rust….and mostly my permabadness

TIL I don’t like rum anymore. I haven’t had a hangover in years of bourbongaming, and today I feel like kitten. Back to my whiskey, I guess.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Aw, I’m late to the party again.

There are plenty of good games out there though!

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

food for Jerus, Iris, D and Spoj.

:)

Those look amazing! Thank you, Chef. I do need a supplement of fish for this month Dx

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

NovaanVerdiano.6174

10/10 lob. Wow.

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

Man some of you guys are such a bummer. This is like reading a version of the story of your friend who is dating a girl who is treating him badly and he wants to break up with her but doesn’t because he is afraid he’ll never meet anybody else.

The solution is ofcourse they need to break up since they are both miserable. Everyone knows it. Everyone told him to dump her. But he won’t do it. So when he starts another story about how she treated him wrongly you just want to say, “dude, shut up. I told you to dump her months ago and you didn’t so stop complaining about her to me.”

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

dlonie.6547

Ok. Cool story, bro.

As we’ve said a few times, most of us whiners are pretty much just waiting to see what they do with the HoT CGC. That’s the make-or-break. Up until now, we’ve had little ‘challenging’ content to judge the direction of the game by, and soon we’ll get to see what they had in mind.

If it’s what we’ve been waiting for, we’ll likely go back to enjoying the game. If it’s not, we’ll be moving on.

And FWIW, we’re allowed to talk on here and discuss the game as we wish. There’s not a lot of good to say, so the conversations are going to turn negative more often than not. If you don’t want to read it, you can try…um…not reading it?

NikeEU.7690

You’re free to discuss the game as you wish. I’m free to tell you that your discussion is bothering people, not sure why you are so hurt by me pointing out that to you. Forgive me for pointing out your pity party is a pity party.

www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

SlyDevil.3952

You can’t tell us what to do!!!

dlonie.6547

I’m not really hurt, bud. If negative posts bother you, feel free to skip mine — I won’t be offended :-) Maybe try reading a subforum for an area of the game that hasn’t been cultivating negativity for a couple years if you’re looking for more positive reading material? Yes, it’s a pity party, but no one is forcing you to involve yourself with it. You’re here voluntarily and have the power to report/ignore posts that you feel aren’t appropriate.

Don’t like this PUG? Drop party and make your own group. Make a “Nike’s Rainbows and Sunshine Dungeon Discussion Thread”. Go nuts :-)

I only replied because, from your rather condescending post, you seemed curious why we stuck around if we’re not enjoying the game. I was trying to clear that up for you: there’s something we’re waiting to see. That’s all.

Posted by: Lenny.9301

Lenny.9301

We should quit MMOs and never play them again.

NikeEU.7690

I’m not really hurt, bud. If negative posts bother you, feel free to skip mine — I won’t be offended :-) Maybe try reading a subforum for an area of the game that hasn’t been cultivating negativity for a couple years if you’re looking for more positive reading material? Yes, it’s a pity party, but no one is forcing you to involve yourself with it. You’re here voluntarily and have the power to report/ignore posts that you feel aren’t appropriate.

Don’t like this PUG? Drop party and make your own group. Make a “Nike’s Rainbows and Sunshine Dungeon Discussion Thread”. Go nuts :-)

I only replied because, from your rather condescending post, you seemed curious why we stuck around if we’re not enjoying the game. I was trying to clear that up for you: there’s something we’re waiting to see. That’s all.

I’m not a white knight for anet. I have plenty of criticisms, I’m genuinely unhappy with a ton of stuff. But I learned a long time ago, no one cares. In case you missed LunarStarlet’s comment read it again, but read it with the intended sarcasm. Being endlessly negative and whiney isn’t attractive. Don’t take it as a criticism from me about you, take is as some good advice for here and for life in general: don’t wallow in self-pity it doesn’t ever end well.

And no, I’m not curious at all while you’re still here. You’ve put in a ton of time to the game, its a sunk investment. Its why people don’t leave bad relationships, its why we stayed around Vietnam for so long. People invest in something, it doesn’t work out and they don’t want to pull out because they’ve put so much into it. It’s basic human nature. So no, I’m not surprised at all that people who are unhappy after thousands of hours are still here.

www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I don’t hang around here with any hopes for the game. I just enjoy the people who still enjoy the game

Yes I’m a pessimist, but I think I’ve made that pretty clear already, and whatever people think about me because of it, well, I don’t really care. But, I don’t think I wallow in self pity, more like basking.

dlonie.6547

I’m not a white knight for anet. I have plenty of criticisms, I’m genuinely unhappy with a ton of stuff. But I learned a long time ago, no one cares.

Well, there were a few of us in the conversation / pity party that were commiserating, so I wouldn’t say it as ‘no one cares’. It’s good to let things out and vent sometimes. Many of us on this forum share common grievances and find a support group of sorts here — We can share our disappointment with people who understand, and it makes it easier to pass the time as we wait to see if it’s going to be worth sticking around.

In case you missed LunarStarlet’s comment read it again, but read it with the intended sarcasm. Being endlessly negative and whiney isn’t attractive.

We were (drunkenly, I might add) commiserating with friends over a disappointing experience that we’ve been sharing for the last several years, not trying to pick up dates Attractiveness wasn’t a goal of that conversation.

Don’t take it as a criticism from me about you, take is as some good advice for here and for life in general: don’t wallow in self-pity it doesn’t ever end well.

Doesn’t do good to always hold things in either. I don’t disagree that endless self-pity is bad, but that’s not the same as venting about a shared disappointment with like-minded individuals.

Sorry the negativity bothers you, but don’t make it into more than it is. We’re letting off some steam together and then going on with our lives — not ‘wallowing in self pity’ It’s just a game.

And no, I’m not curious at all while you’re still here. You’ve put in a ton of time to the game, its a sunk investment. Its why people don’t leave bad relationships, its why we stayed around Vietnam for so long. People invest in something, it doesn’t work out and they don’t want to pull out because they’ve put so much into it. It’s basic human nature. So no, I’m not surprised at all that people who are unhappy after thousands of hours are still here.

Agreed. And to supplement that view, I was sharing that if you want to see the negativity stop, it’s probable that you won’t have to wait much longer. After we see where the game is going with its second-generation content in HoT, I expect that the negativity will dissipate one way or another — we’ll either make up with GW2 and give it another shot, or ‘break it off’ for good

Iris Ng.9845

It takes courage to speak like Nike. Rather admirable.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

spoj.9672

Not on a forum it doesnt. :P

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Funny how endgame became “Player vs Ruleset”.

Snow Crows [SC]

NikeEU.7690

I’m not shy in real life, either.

www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

spoj.9672

I’m not shy in real life, either.

I wouldnt be surprised. But you are more likely to recieve a punch to the face if you rub someone the wrong way in real life.

SlyDevil.3952

What if he rubs them the right way?

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Then it increases the chance of them rolling a 1 and just running their fingers trough your hair while gently whispering naughty thoughts.

(edited by Taku.6352)

Iris Ng.9845

[Kyaa]

dlonie.6547

So how ’bout them Yankees?

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Attachments:

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

3 signets? Check.
Brown bear? Check.
Longbow? Nay. :(

You really need to step up your game mister.

Posted by: Element Two.7316

Element Two.7316

3 signets? Check.
Brown bear? Check.
Longbow? Nay.

Sword auto-attack enabled? Check.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

3 signets? Check.
Brown bear? Check.
Longbow? Nay.

Sword auto-attack enabled? Check.

Got trouble dodging, my dear? I’ll admit that belka can be quite demanding, especially if she’s locked on your pet 24/7.
I don’t need it tho, I range with my lb all the time (yeah, I swear I have one on my other set, don’t kick me from the Big Brown and Furry guild plz).

I was wondering what to make next, a female and trap Cullen or perhaps an ugly dwarf to troll Cassandra…. found this while roaming http://forum.bioware.com/topic/528731-in-your-heart-shall-burn-if-you-dont-die-from-a-stroke-doing-it/

And games used to be harder a few years ago. Where were all these people…

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

<3

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/39pkll/my_theory_on_why_anet_is_doing_the_movement/cs5c5ky

Another “berserkers are faceroll stand in one spot and spam” post

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

as someone who hasn’t played in a while, in all honesty is standing in one spot and chaining ice bow freezes particularly that challenging? you know, assuming the boss doesn’t die before the first one ends.

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Pugs dont do that at all though..

dlonie.6547

Easy as pie with a d/p thief and a group that knows how the game works.

PUGs don’t do it because you still can’t rely on them to understand defiance.

Started a new playthrough of FO3 last night….super excited for the reveal tonight! \o/

NovaanVerdiano.6174

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/39pkll/my_theory_on_why_anet_is_doing_the_movement/cs5c5ky

Another “berserkers are faceroll stand in one spot and spam” post

Do those people even have a brain or something that remotely resembles one?

SlyDevil.3952

Horrible quality video of dredge hitboxes post death. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9wh5HKHURo

How do people manage such shiny recordings where you can actually read the combat log?

spoj.9672

Record in HD on max resolution? My computer is too old to handle that though.

SlyDevil.3952

My screen captures don’t record gw2 when I go into fullscreen 1920×1080 though. It shows my desktop, unsure why.

Edit: Going through settings, there are such marvelous things you find when you actually read things instead of pressing buttons.

(edited by SlyDevil.3952)

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

They just admitted on live stream that they are nerfing movement speed because they felt that 1. people were moving around maps too fast, and 2. people were exploiting to get outside of maps.

GG YOU FILTHY ZERKER EXPLOITERS. THANKS FOR NERFING MY ENGINEER.

Edit: Also they buffed ice bow. Lol.

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

Can someone do a quick recap of what happened on the live stream? Especially curious about ice bow.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Posted by: Cheezy.2039

Cheezy.2039

This change is disgusting. You already spend more time skipping than actually fighting (except for HotW or low man parties) and now they buff DPS out of the kitten while nerfing mobility to the ground.

Obviously one has to see how it will turn out, but I think dungeons will be really boring with this change.

Cheezy – Vis Invicta [vC]

The meta is changing at an alarming rate.

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Can someone do a quick recap of what happened on the live stream? Especially curious about ice bow.

So far: condi cap raised to 1500, all damaging condis now stack intensity, ice bow buffed skills 2/3, 4 increased by 25% and causes vuln, there’s a trait so that might affects healing power, warriors have a trait that increases dmg. by 30% which is OP for rampage.

Edit: Engi supply crate now a turret with 3 blasts, elixirs buffed, grenade range down, redesigned mortar with 1500 range. Engi does 5% more dmg to foes with vuln. Engi emphasis all around blasts, gonna have TONS.

(edited by Nevets Crimsonwing.5271)

SlyDevil.3952

Stream is at 2 hours and they haven’t gotten through half the classes. I don’t know if we can really summarize it.

Posted by: Kurr.4179

Kurr.4179

This change is disgusting. You already spend more time skipping than actually fighting (except for HotW or low man parties) and now they buff DPS out of the kitten while nerfing mobility to the ground.

Obviously one has to see how it will turn out, but I think dungeons will be really boring with this change.

Not just dungeons, everything is less entertaining with bad mobility. WvW, open world PvE and even for some builds PvP are all affected.

“Hey, let’s make it harder for everyone to move around!”

I wonder who had that great idea…

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

Not just dungeons, everything is less entertaining with bad mobility. WvW, open world PvE and even for some builds PvP are all affected.

“Hey, let’s make it harder for everyone to move around!”

I wonder who had that great idea…

Prelude to mounts / world gliders?

Posted by: Khenzo.2465

Khenzo.2465

I’m so confused ._ .

Icebow being buffed, wut.

And the movement change, I can’t even…

Sad times.

Posted by: Element Two.7316

Element Two.7316

Every Engineer player who doesn’t know about Medkit’s reaction to the swiftness nerf:
http://i.imgur.com/htvNNp7.jpg

Posted by: Wuselknusel.4082

Wuselknusel.4082

We are going to see a tremendous amount of healing engis when this update goes live, I guarantee it.