in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

squishes bug

General Dungeon Discussion Thread - Part 2

Posted by: Wuselknusel.4082

Wuselknusel.4082

Ranger were able to abuse the blast finisher on pet swap in some, very gimmicky situations (You needed a tonic without cooldown for that. You would just spam the tonic to get a blast finisher each time you transform).

The logic reaction to that bug is obviously to give the trait a 30s IRC, while the petswap is 15s untraited. Logic. Balancing at its finest.

Tbf that trait stated 30s cooldown from the start, it was just bugged and fixed.

Yeah, because one blastfinisher on a 15s cooldown is way too OP…

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Pet swap is 30 sec normally and 15 when you go BM.

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

It’s cooldown is 30s because call of the wild has 30s cooldown. If you take warhorn trait it is reduced to 24s.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Ranger were able to abuse the blast finisher on pet swap in some, very gimmicky situations (You needed a tonic without cooldown for that. You would just spam the tonic to get a blast finisher each time you transform).

The logic reaction to that bug is obviously to give the trait a 30s IRC, while the petswap is 15s untraited. Logic. Balancing at its finest.

Tbf that trait stated 30s cooldown from the start, it was just bugged and fixed.

Dude, ranger. You get it? Ranger.
That’s why.

deSade.9437

Oh come ON, the 5 guard teamcomp is so stupid I don’t even know. I keep chatting and going afk while aaing and I couldn’t even down at archie. NERF THE HELL OUT OF IT

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

somebody buy one of my dreamthistle longbow skins, I need money to buy new legendaries for my new guardian build >_>

Posted by: Acotje.5689

Acotje.5689

Oh come ON, the 5 guard teamcomp is so stupid I don’t even know. I keep chatting and going afk while aaing and I couldn’t even down at archie. NERF THE HELL OUT OF IT

but, but….

Attachments:

Hello darkness, my old friend.

deSade.9437

but, but….

Yeah exactly HIT IT SO HARD WITH THE NERFBAT IT CAN’T GET BACK UP NO MOAR

Posted by: ForeverAway.5948

ForeverAway.5948

but, but….

is mitey blow like a mity teepot?

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

but, but….

Yeah exactly HIT IT SO HARD WITH THE NERFBAT IT CAN’T GET BACK UP NO MOAR

I don’t like easy mode in the game. But I don’t want to see the spec get nerfed into the ground. There are changes needed, perhaps anet could juggle some traits around. Don’t want to see other builds that use similar traits killed due to one easy mode set up that I will never use.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

deSade.9437

With anet it’s either nerfbat or nothing. I prefer nerfbat. This is absolutely pathetic.

Honestly, they should just nerf the hell of this quickness spamming/damage modifiers bullkitten and bring everyone in line on trash level—- err I mean ranger’s level.
Seems only fair. You gotta suffer a bit.

(edited by deSade.9437)

Posted by: Rag.3258

Rag.3258

I’m just saying I dont think whoever changed that trait spent much thought about whether it was strong or not, he was probably just making the trait work like the tooltip states it would.

Btw, Vampiric Presence feels a bit underwhelming doesnt it? On a buffed zerker build @3.4k power, 1000 average weapon strength and an average modifier of 2 per hit (including traits*equip*vuln*crits = 4x, skillmodifier = 0.5x) I get a damage increase equivalent to roughly +50 power. I felt 3.4k power and *4 modifier were a good estimate for an average meta pug build. I’m unsure about the average per hit skillmodifier of 0.5, some classes like necro or maybe guard might go below that, others should go above? I think on among all classes 0.5 skillmod per hit should be on the lower end. If we increase power, average weapon strength or modifiers, vampiric presences performance only gets worse compared to +stat.

250 power among the party from a single trait isnt bad, and the trait performs comparatively better in different groups, and anet has to consider the selfheal (eh) but still, I was hoping for a little more. Or maybe my math is wrong, thats not unlikely.

(edited by Rag.3258)

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

If symbolic avenger is counting each symbol, needs to be fixed. As for stacking quickness like you can do… I don’t know, I have a feeling that if avenger is working that way (which it looks like from that Mighty Blow) I’d like ot see that nerfed first and re-kitten it.

deSade.9437

and re-kitten it.

Yes! That’s what I’ve been saying for all this time! People don’t get it because it’s a pretty elaborate concept, but still! Gotta push for it.

Quickfoot Katana.8642

How is that mighty blow hitting for 35K?

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I’m just saying I dont think whoever changed that trait spent much thought about whether it was strong or not, he was probably just making the trait work like the tooltip states it would.

Btw, Vampiric Presence feels a bit underwhelming doesnt it? On a buffed zerker build @3.4k power, 1000 average weapon strength and an average modifier of 2 per hit (including traits*equip*vuln*crits = 4x, skillmodifier = 0.5x) I get a damage increase equivalent to roughly +50 power. I felt 3.4k power and *4 modifier were a good estimate for an average meta pug build. I’m unsure about the average per hit skillmodifier of 0.5, some classes like necro or maybe guard might go below that, others should go above? I think on among all classes 0.5 skillmod per hit should be on the lower end. If we increase power, average weapon strength or modifiers, vampiric presences performance only gets worse compared to +stat.

250 power among the party from a single trait isnt bad, and the trait performs comparatively better in different groups, and anet has to consider the selfheal (eh) but still, I was hoping for a little more. Or maybe my math is wrong, thats not unlikely.

The only thing that effects VP damage is power. Its armour ignoring and unaffected by mods, vuln etc. I believe the max damage ticks possible is 42. So from that you just need to work out the average number of hits per second in your group to work out the group dps increase.

And yes it is very weak for pure damage. It is however very nice for sustain and armour ignoring damage.

(edited by spoj.9672)

Posted by: Element Two.7316

Element Two.7316

uneffected by mods

Spoj we’ve already talked about your grammar before…

spoj.9672

shut up tom. :<

deSade.9437

I’m trying to digest I don’t know how many radishes and failing at it. Miserable.

Posted by: Element Two.7316

Element Two.7316

shut up tom. :<

ayy lmao made you edit your post though

Posted by: Rag.3258

Rag.3258

@spoj: yeah I didnt add power, crits etc to vp (in fact I forgot that lifesteal scales at all). I just used an average build to compare +39 damage per hit by vp to +39 damage per hit by x amount of power. I also assumed a 2600 armor target.

Regarding symbolic avenger and stacking symbols I just did a quick test in hotm . Equipping only honor, radiance and zeal and picking only symbolic avenger as major trait, then spamming mace, gs and staff symbol on top of each other. I grabbed the highest critical damage and put it into the damage formula with (vuln*symbolic avenger) as unknown value. If I didn’t kitten up the math the highest crit was done with about 1,39 modifier from (vuln*symbolic avenger), which is surprisingly close to 1,05*1,1*1,1*1,1 (estimated 5 vuln from the minor trait). Vuln and weapon damage range give a bit of wiggle room, but not enough for almost +40% damage.

On the other hand a guard on quickness isn’t really stacking symbols, but the trait behaves oddly anyways (put down a single symbol on a random mob and watch the trait trigger only on some of the hits), and maybe quickness is messing with the trait. Maybe the trait is bugged but has no influence on the damage of guardway.

(edited by Rag.3258)

deSade.9437

Ok, regarding balance and theorycrafting…
I found some butter cookies! God, and to think I forgot about them. YUSSSSSSS
… but I still haven’t digested my dinner. God kitten kitten.

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

The only thing that effects VP damage is power. Its armour ignoring and unaffected by mods, vuln etc. I believe the max damage ticks possible is 42.

42 when my ele is hitting 6k crits is 0.7% if there is no icd and you have a ps war, it’s kind of underwhelming. Though it is very amusing to be draining mai trin’s hp through her shield, that’s probably the most enjoyable part of having random pug necros in my fractal parties.

(edited by SlyDevil.3952)

deSade.9437

Does it work for the shaman tho

Quickfoot Katana.8642

http://www.gw2db.com/skill-builds/guardian

Take a look at some of these build’s names and their respective rating. We truly are the minority

J Eberle.9312

Take a look at some of these build’s names and their respective rating. We truly are the minority

The amount of crap I’ve seen people running in pugs lately… And now this. -__-

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Also what is the build the 5-guard comps are using? 4 GS+Mace/Torch and one GS/Hammer, spamming the Quickness shout?

(edited by Quickfoot Katana.8642)

Taku.6352

Everyone on hammer. The amount of heals you get from that let’s you ignore everything and you can just spam auto and #2.

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

Also hammer benefits the most from quickness since its basically only autoattacking, and with 5 guards you have 25s of quicknes on a 30s recharge. You also are capped on vuln, might and fury. And sadly imo this is not only a fun-build or sth like this, but it actually does an insane amount of damage (Mossman melting in seconds).

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

(edited by Lendruil.9061)

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Hum I thought 4 Mace’s since it was higher DPS and also stacks some symbols, with the other guy on Hammer throwing a few more

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Hehe,

“dungeon tank\healing support shouter” Mace/Shield
“Spirits, Speed and Boons” Greatsword
“Taking one for the team” Scepter – Torch
“Fus-Ro-Dah healer” Mace/Shield

I’m kittening dying in here swift

J Eberle.9312

Hehe,

“dungeon tank\healing support shouter” Mace/Shield
“Spirits, Speed and Boons” Greatsword
“Taking one for the team” Scepter – Torch
“Fus-Ro-Dah healer” Mace/Shield

I’m kittening dying in here swift

I think pugs are actually running these things.

Yesterday I jumped in a zerk only pug party cuz I was bored and the person who started the group was running what had to be “dungeon tank\healing support shouter”. This has happened a few times where the leader wants zerk only but is himself not really contributing, idk what’s going on there…

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Oh I know what’s happening there… He knows zerk is actually good but he also knows he would die constantly if he wear it. Then he proclaims himself as “the support of all zerkers”, creating an imaginary role for him to feel good about his “skill” and importance in the group.

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Does the grandmaster guardian trait Battle Presence “Nearby allies gain Virtue of Resolve’s passive effect” stack with eachother? I mean if 5 guardians use that trait will they have 5xpassive heal or just one?

Has anyone tested this?

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

The original trait used only the stronges effect and didn’t stack. I don’t think they changed that just because it moved from honor to virtues.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

Did they forget to include a mystic forge recipe for getting asc weapons with giver’s stats?

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

Taku.6352

Giver’s doesn’t have an ascended version so you can’t make one in MF.

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

There’s that weird LFG on EU about ‘sorry about ruining your selling run guys" in frac 40-50, any idea if it’s a scammer or something?

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

deSade.9437

http://imgur.com/oOkPaci

Seriously? Buff warriors some more since they don’t have any group buffs…°
Blah.
But it’s cool, gonna get some healing and regen with druid spec, it’s good to enjoy ranger and royally taking it up the kitten at the same time, who wouldn’t wuv it
/uninstall brain’s drivers

Gonna use the tank/healing dungeon shouter build from now on, ain’t nobody gonna stop me. It’s all the rage right now, healer elly is so spring 2015…

° Nevermind, could be revenant. Nice, if that’s the case. Not sure how it’s gonna help them, but it’s good to have an excuse to play it.
spojski crying in corner?

(edited by deSade.9437)

Posted by: ShadowLordX.5148

ShadowLordX.5148

That’s likely for Revenant.

All Classes 80; Kylar, Verushk, Thorgar,
Valar, Lyala, Laya, Leyela, Cattee
Coldsnap [IX], Blackgate

deSade.9437

That’s likely for Revenant.

HAH, beat you to it. Winz.

spoj.9672

I assumed that was a rev trait.

edit: my flood control is back and resulted in me being too slow. :<

deSade.9437

HAHAHA, I beat everyone!
Is flood control also controlling the flood of your tears, spojski?

Edit n.200: very eager to see Shiro-chan coming back to Tyria for the.. 37th time? http://imgur.com/a/8Bk6u

(edited by deSade.9437)

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Posted by: KINGRPG.3492

KINGRPG.3492

from Then to Now! Dungeons were dying due to no space for newbie. Congratulations to hardcore players. No newbie anymore. It’s time to play alone.

Sorry for my beginner English / http://www.kingrpg.net My Blog

deSade.9437

from Then to Now! Dungeons were dying due to no space for newbie. Congratulations to hardcore players. No newbie anymore. It’s time to play alone.

… uh?

Posted by: fracture.9754

fracture.9754

No! It’s perfect now!

Consume conditions, on the other hand…

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Are you kidding me?

Noobs is all that there is left in this game… Write that in your blog…

I buy slot for FotM lvl50 last boss everyday (20G), and I get Ascended gear every 3 days. I have not seen the tonic!

Well, color me not surprised, it’s the rant of a noob who bought dungeon/fractal runs and is now throwing a fit for whatever reason…..

Please stop block waypoint while in the combat. Most player can’t play with 2-3 friends because it was difficult to enjoy the dungeon.

You want to let GW2 game is for all age-type or for only sandbox-hardcore players? If you are not aware, dungeons are abandoned now.

Please stop making Dungeon is a place for hardcore. You want a new player, but you did not give a fun. It was a bad marketing.

Welp, this gotta be a troll

(edited by Quickfoot Katana.8642)

Posted by: Minigrump.4961

Minigrump.4961