General Dungeon Discussion Thread - Part 2

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

I guess I should have said it was my only Gem Store dye. Its sad, I used to collected all the dye I could on all my characters which in turn ended up with alot of Un ID dyes during that change. I got 500 setting in my bank unused.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

I would like to share my Seal of beetletun .

I’m that bored.

Snow Crows [SC]

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

ops.

I really like your seal of beetletun! Looks a bit like lordbyron in fractals.

(edited by deSade.9437)

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

That actually looks pretty cool haha.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

deSade.9437

1000 gems for the wedding outfit?

They really stepped on a big, stinky kittene here. I’m not buying it. Too much, completely overpriced.

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

Triple jump got fixed, rip last bit of fun I had in this game…

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Triple jump got fixed, rip last bit of fun I had in this game…

Attachments:

deSade.9437

inb4 alphard’s bone wall is still bugged, yeah? I think… and lupi. And Belka. And ta bubbles. And 200 other bugs I don’t remember now. And you still can’t damage Brie with clones/pets. And…

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Arcane brilliance fixed!

“Were going to continue with balance patches every few weeks”
Patch notes full of fixes. No real balance changes.

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

Any KING members have statistical insight into speculation that armor and weapon box drop rates got nerfed since the change to transmuting stats?

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

bladex.9502

inb4 alphard’s bone wall is still bugged, yeah? I think… and lupi. And Belka. And ta bubbles. And 200 other bugs I don’t remember now. And you still can’t damage Brie with clones/pets. And…

Tested lupi.
Autoattack still hits in melee, oneshotting works, and he still teleports all over the kittening place randomly without any target.
Belka also still randomly kittens you up with her “massive ranged damage” while in melee range.
Its amazing how Anet prioritizes fixing something un-harmful that people are just having fun with over game breaking, progress impeding bugs

dlonie.6547

I’m guessing Purple Miku hasn’t found out about this yet…

I’ll start making popcorn now.

Posted by: Element Two.7316

Element Two.7316

I’m guessing Purple Miku hasn’t found out about this yet…

I’ll start making popcorn now.

I told him but he’s already pretty much quit so it doesn’t matter anyway

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

Any KING members have statistical insight into speculation that armor and weapon box drop rates got nerfed since the change to transmuting stats?

LOD’s %s haven’t really budged much. Not sure if KING is even maintaining their’s anymore.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Hey guys, not like the information will apply to much of you but I thought I’d share it here that I’ve after many many many hours of tons of work I managed to fully update the warrior guide on dulfy and completely redo the elementalist one.

Warrior guide took about 7 hours in total to redo but even so I still didn’t get around to the specific dungeons section that Tom originally did (god it’s so long!)

The elementalist guide… gah, everything about it is different. It took over 30 collective hours to complete.

Anyways, here they are

http://dulfy.net/2014/06/28/gw2-comprehensive-warrior-pve-guide-by-element-and-purple-miku/

http://dulfy.net/2014/07/11/gw2-elementalist-pve-class-guide-by-retaliate-rt/

Sorry if it’s annoying to see me post about it when they were already released over a year ago, I just am proud of how they turned out and wanted to share!

EDIT: At some point I will redo the videos with the stupid Tohka chat cover… good criticism Tom thanks <3

Anybody have any suggestions for it let me know.

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

spoj.9672

Just to add to what Miku said. All dulfy guides should be up to date apart from guardian. But who plays guard these days anyway. :>

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

1000 gems for the wedding outfit?

They really stepped on a big, stinky kittene here. I’m not buying it. Too much, completely overpriced.

There are so many blues going on…

Attachments:

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

You PVE guys are rich.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

Iris Ng.9845

You PVE guys are rich.

You chefs get to eat good food :<

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

deSade.9437

Come over, imma make lots of good food for my lovely forumites. Well, the ones I like.
… iiiif you don’t mind the ingredients being from my garden/rather cheap, I’m kinda broke
(The gw2 support is so nice, by the way. I mean, they were super nice to me. They refunded my Wedding Bugcripplingtire in record times… and I still have it available O.o)
I should’ve stopped before my stupid, beerified self said “let’s roll the dice and see if I should buy it or not!”… at least everything turned out ok. Momma anet saved my ungrateful 5yo self.

(edited by deSade.9437)

Talyn.3295

Picking dyes could take a while, /sigh

I am leaning towards replacing the Glacial Sky on my armor with Enameled Sky Dye.

Attachments:

deSade.9437

Deep glacial skyyyyy. Less plastic-y, more metal-lica.

I rolled the dice for my 3 dyes too, got 3 electros. It’s cool.
What isn’t cool is me selling my t6 to buy stuff in the gemstore, but that’s another story…

Purple Miku.7032

Btw as for triple jump being fixed, it truly was gamebreaking. You could abuse it in way too many ways like this for example:

Obsidian Sanctum [1:35] https://youtu.be/gm7CfAWncmY
Borderlands [2:13] https://youtu.be/3xyyHG3lxbo

There were so many OP things you could do with it, problem is when people spread it around too much. Can’t say I’m not partly to blame for it, cause y’know… doing it on stream and whatnot.

I will miss it oh so much, but it deserves to be nerfed if every random schmoe knows about it because too much abuse can be caused from it.

Their fix for it was perfect tbh. They just made it so you can’t interrupt dodgerolls anymore by weapon swapping. That’s all that they needed to do… had my hopes up they’d be too dense to figure it out, oh well xD

Talyn.3295

Deep glacial skyyyyy. Less plastic-y, more metal-lica.

I rolled the dice for my 3 dyes too, got 3 electros. It’s cool.
What isn’t cool is me selling my t6 to buy stuff in the gemstore, but that’s another story…

Deep Glacial sky was the other one I was looking at. It’s just so hard to choose!!

deSade.9437

I got en. sky long ago because i already had glacial sky… but now I want the deep glacial too :/
STOP BRAIN STOP.
Anyway, I think both look great but I had glacial and enameled on my t3 and I ended up preferring glacial simply because en. was too much colourful compared to my bolt. You have bolt? definitely go for glacial.
I went with the prosperity/cele look now, to fit my chalice of the gods and chaos mace + sunrise.

Btw as for triple jump being fixed, it truly was gamebreaking. You could abuse it in way too many ways like this for example:

There were so many OP things you could do with it, problem is when people spread it around too much. Can’t say I’m not partly to blame for it, cause y’know… doing it on stream and whatnot.

I will miss it oh so much, but it deserves to be nerfed if every random schmoe knows about it because too much abuse can be caused from it.

Their fix for it was perfect tbh. They just made it so you can’t interrupt dodgerolls anymore by weapon swapping. That’s all that they needed to do… had my hopes up they’d be too dense to figure it out, oh well xD

You sayin’ i was the only fgt that didn’t manage to use it? Jeez, I need a buff.

Purple Miku.7032

xD

It was literally my favorite thing to do on gw2 tbh. It made me proud of having my crappy laptop that I could get 15 FPS with by changing render sampling LOL

Btw as someone who’s had Deep Glacial Sky for over a year… it’s one of the best dyes all-around. Get it. I bought it back when it was ~145g and the most expensive of all dyes… no regrets honestly. Such a nice shade.

Talyn.3295

I got en. sky long ago because i already had glacial sky… but now I want the deep glacial too :/
STOP BRAIN STOP.
Anyway, I think both look great but I had glacial and enameled on my t3 and I ended up preferring glacial simply because en. was too much colourful compared to my bolt. You have bolt? definitely go for glacial.
I went with the prosperity/cele look now, to fit my chalice of the gods and chaos mace + sunrise.

You sayin’ i was the only fgt that didn’t manage to use it? Jeez, I need a buff.

no, don’t have bolt, wasted to much money on other things to make it. I was looking at Deep Glacial Sky originally, then started looking at en sky. I know I want some deep shade of blue, kind of mithrel looking.

I think I will Get the Deep Glacial. It was my first choice, you can’t go wrong with those

(edited by Talyn.3295)

Iris Ng.9845

Glacial Sky surely has this beautiful icy quality. One of my prototype “The Whitewalker” borrows its eerie quality from the icy shade of Deep Glacial dyes.

Attachments:

NikeEU.7690

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3ibc07/yes_we_want_challenging_group_content_but/cuf61as

A guy is arguing with me that people in full exotics should be able to beat “challenging group content.” I argue that what kind of challenge could it be if people can beat it with a 15% stat handicap. “there are other kinds of challenges.” Sure dude. You can have teamwork, interrupt, synergy, individual responsibility requirements and those are all challenging. But they are mechanical. Mechanics get memorized after enough repetitions. What keeps challenging content challenging AFTER you mastered the mechanics is the give and take between “we brought too much DPS, now we die from lack of sustain” vs “we brought too much sustain so we can’t kill before the enrage timer.” Properly tuned content will stress ALL systems and I cannot see how you can have content that is beatable with a 15% handicap that will present a sustained challenge for groups without it.

Also, wtf? This is the “ultimate challenge.” this is the “end game challenging group content.” Why would anyone even think for a second they are ready for that when they can’t bother to gear their main in best in slot gear?

www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

Element Two.7316

axax

Reported to L’eddit admins for upvote soliciting :^)

dlonie.6547

I have a feeling Nike is going to be very disappointed with Saturday’s announcement. Do you think they’re really going to put content that requires BiS + coordination + team comp + DPS/sustain balance into GW2?

These are going to be the GW2 version of raids. Odds are it’ll be doable by any comp in exotics of any stat combo. At best, I expect an Arah-style instance with improved mechanics/AI, not something that will “force” players into certain playstyles/gear/coordinated parties. I just don’t see it happening in this “everyone’s a winner \o/ here have a shiney!!!!!” game :-/

And FWIW, I’d be fine with that. I personally never really wanted “hardcore” raids — just new generations of dungeons with ever-improving mechanics and AI. Nothing against them, and I’d be happy to see them added, but I’d really be happy with just “more dungeons”, lol.

bladex.9502

“challenging group content”
Now watch it being done solo within 2 weeks from release

NikeEU.7690

@dlonie Personally I will be satisfied with literally any new instanced team content. But if they are going to advertise it as the “ultimate challenge” and all the other terms they have thrown around I certainly would assume they expect it to be challenging. When someone uses terms like that, I would say they are setting the bar at Wildstar raids.

Do I expect Wildstar level raid difficulty? Nah. But its on them for using that language to create that impression.

www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

Talyn.3295

I guess “Ultimate Challenge” is relative to the skill level of the players. And in this game we all know that is pretty low. We have players who have been playing since release and know almost nothing about the mechanics because they stacked alot of vit/toughness and just face tanked everything.

Element Two.7316

Now watch it being done solo within 2 weeks from release

That’s pretty optimistic

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Can’t be done solo because there are puzzles and unskippable cutscenes.

Snow Crows [SC]

Posted by: Jockum.1385

Jockum.1385

But if they are going to advertise it as the “ultimate challenge” and all the other terms they have thrown around I certainly would assume they expect it to be challenging.

mmhhhh….sounds familiar:

And when you finish the story version of a dungeon you unlock the explorable version of that dungeon.

Those are intended to be the super hard, very coordinated group style content like Slaver?s Exile, or Fissure of Woe, or the Underworld.

http://www.tentonhammer.com/gw2/sdcc/2011/dungeons-and-underwater-interview

Anet will not introduce content for a small fraction of the playerbase. Challenging means “challanging for the masses”. Maybe like high level fractals, but I doubt it.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I very much expect just a Lupi with a ton more health and attacks that can’t be reflected. Maybe mix in some of the Glint’s Lair type environmental mechanics.

I think any of the better players in this community should expect Engaging, not Challenging content, it’ll be challenging to those who aren’t at that level but I don’t see them actually challenging say Snow Crows and what not. Maybe enough of a speed bump that it takes a few days maybe even a week before they figure out the mechanics and how they work but I’d put money on it being farm status within a week for the top tier dungeon guilds.

dlonie.6547

At least the wait is almost over and we’ll soon get some actual information about what this nebulous “challenging group content” will be this weekend.

Hope it lives up to the 9 months of waiting in the dark and will be satisfying after over 2 years of lackluster content releases.

Ugh. I hate speculating on this game’s future. There’s not been much reason to hope for anything good, so any speculation just turns negative quickly. I really hope they find a way turn that ship around with HoT…

I very much expect just a Lupi with a ton more health and attacks that can’t be reflected. Maybe mix in some of the Glint’s Lair type environmental mechanics.

I think any of the better players in this community should expect Engaging, not Challenging content

That’s a good point. The LS2 encounters were more engaging (albeit dumbed down to near faceroll difficulty). I’d be happy with engaging. I’d be happy with “new and not sucky”. I’d be thrilled with “new, not sucked, supported, and maintained.”

I’d put money on it being farm status within a week for the top tier dungeon guilds.

Yep.

(edited by dlonie.6547)

dlonie.6547

Out of curiosity, has anyone tried running, say, Arah with 3x ele + 2x thief to perma-chain deep freeze level 80 dungeon bosses?

I’m not certain whether the timings/cooldowns would work out, but the three eles could alternate deep freeze and ice storm, and the thieves could take turns headshotting. It’d be interesting to see if that rotation would be maintainable to trivialize the higher level dungeons like the low level ones, and it’d need to be tested before breakerbar appears.

deSade.9437

My user profile contains inappropriate content.
… what does that mean? I’m too confused to even appeal for the infraction O.o

dlonie.6547

“f*** the rangers” was in the link text of your sig xD I’ve been waiting for them to catch that, lol.

I guess it’s my fault for sending you that link. Appeal it and ask them to transfer the infraction to me. Should be interesting.

(edited by dlonie.6547)

deSade.9437

Can’t be kitten d…. no point

Talyn.3295

Can’t be kitten d…. no point

I was wondering about that myself, or at least how long you could get by with it. My thoughts on it where “He knows what he is doing, just doesn’t give a kitten”

Back to my dye lol, so for I have gotten.
1. Deep Glacial Sky Dye
2. Electro Blue Dye
3. Glint’s Purview Dye

Talyn.3295

Glacial Sky surely has this beautiful icy quality. One of my prototype “The Whitewalker” borrows its eerie quality from the icy shade of Deep Glacial dyes.

Pretty Cool.

To bad I didn’t grab the gem store stuff that it needs.

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Electro Pink. Only dye in the game that matters.

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

Out of curiosity, has anyone tried running, say, Arah with 3x ele + 2x thief to perma-chain deep freeze level 80 dungeon bosses?

Some bosses like Melandru can’t be deep frozen, balthazar can bug in terms of incoming cc, lupi can’t be, etc…

You would be sacrificing most of the dps of both thieves to constantly strip the defiance for 3-6 straight deep freezes(around 14secs of downtime after the first 3 for cds. You lose almost all of your might uptime unless you bring a lh ele with str runes on a lava font. No banners. And spreading out the freezes requires 2 lightning storms with some players using ahem viable but less than optimal rotations during capped vuln periods.

Chaining back to back freezes has been done at bjarl and the evolved husk in coe, probably a couple other bosses with high hp/mechanics that prevent max dmg situations.

spoj.9672

To be fair it was a good fix simply for stopping dodge interrupt. The amount of times i trolled myself with that when i was learning to solo lupi on necro because i needed the energy sigil procs frequently.

dlonie.6547

Some bosses like Melandru can’t be deep frozen, balthazar can bug in terms of incoming cc, lupi can’t be, etc…

You would be sacrificing most of the dps of both thieves to constantly strip the defiance for 3-6 straight deep freezes(around 14secs of downtime after the first 3 for cds. You lose almost all of your might uptime unless you bring a lh ele with str runes on a lava font. No banners. And spreading out the freezes requires 2 lightning storms with some players using ahem viable but less than optimal rotations during capped vuln periods.

Chaining back to back freezes has been done at bjarl and the evolved husk in coe, probably a couple other bosses with high hp/mechanics that prevent max dmg situations.

Sure, it wouldn’t be optimal DPS for sure, but it might be funny. Especially if there’s some way to get Sigil of Paralyzation to proc through the icebow bundle for lupi….not sure if that’s doable.

What happens with cc’ing balth? I’ve not seen that before.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

I would place my bet on the downed tank concept!