General Dungeon Discussion Thread - Part 3

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Heh, what a crazy weekend.

TIL:

NikeEU.7690, Pandabro.8743, Laggo.8973, Purple Miku.7032, HwaRyun.1807, TheFamster.7806, Brimstar.9036 and Zui.9245 all give off white knight vibes.

I nearly fell out of my chair laughing at a couple of those.

Posted by: Zui.9245

Zui.9245

TIL:

NikeEU.7690, Pandabro.8743, Laggo.8973, Purple Miku.7032, HwaRyun.1807, TheFamster.7806, Brimstar.9036 and Zui.9245 all give off white knight vibes.

LOL! Thanks for the share. That’s epic.

Posted by: HwaRyun.1807

HwaRyun.1807

TIL:

I laughed after reading, then realised my name was there too. I’ve only posted once or twice on this whole ordeal xD

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

TIL:

Inb4 “illiterate whiteknighting” :^)

You see, there are a couple of posters I have stop bothering. You won’t get anywhere with whom will not listen to reasons.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

Once, I thought I knew the definition of obstinate, then I clicked on that thread. Nothing will ever be the same again.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Me a white knight?

Man, I feel sorry for that kid. It must suck being that delirious.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

TIL:

Why am I not on that list? :<

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

TIL:

Why am I not on that list? :<

Sorry you are a black knight like me. We are not cool enough to call out.

Attachments:

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

dlonie.6547

You see, there are a couple of posters I have stop bothering. You won’t get anywhere with whom will not listen to reasons.

Same here. All in all though, it’s been pretty fun trying to talk with the clueless folks. Having someone actually make an argument that players should expect beta content to be balanced and stable is hilarious…and then they call you a whiteknight for simply pointing out how reality actually works…

Mmm. That’s my stopping point. Got some good entertainment out of it though.

Posted by: RemiRome.8495

RemiRome.8495

Posting in #3.

Replies: 295 – Forum alive? Massive interest? New blood? How exciting.

Posted by: Zaroua.2714

Zaroua.2714

Let me guess: the people I called out as giving off white knight vibes for being dismissive, not bringing anything to the argument other than “lol ur wrong” and blindly defending anet/the state of the raid as it was released for beta testing are the “big personalities” of these forums. Well, news flash! what matters in a discussion isn’t the name on the top left or the signature at the bottom of the post, it’s the actual content of the post. If you make an awful post that brings nothing to the discussion, you should expect others to criticize you for it. A post that says “you didn’t kill it, you have no right to say that it’s easy” is, first of all, an extreme show of ignorance and more importantly, doesn’t actually bring anything to the discussion.

Going back to that thread where the guy is complaining that the boss is too easy: why not argue with the OP instead of being dismissive. Just off of the top of my head, here’s some counterarguments and other methods of advancing the discussion that could’ve been offered:

What’s your raiding background?
How much time did you spend on the boss?
How familiar are you with GW2?
You say the group needs to run tanks and healers, how did you come to that conclusion?
What makes the mechanics not enjoyable exactly beyond the DD immunity?
What’s wrong with trash being easy enough to kill with a small amount of players if they have the mechanics down?

It actually took me longer to type those out than to think about them. It wasn’t hard and if the people I called out had used those kind of questions instead of just ignorantly dismissing the points the OP brought up, the thread would have turned out very differently.

@dlonie.6547: Which open/closed betas have you participated in where the content was so unfinished, unpolished and buggy that it was a far off representation of what went live? Don’t mention alphas, core tests, internal tests, F&F tests and whatnot, as those are more likely to be broken than a more advanced beta test.

deSade.9437

/eyeroll
Oh my gooooooooood, bugger off. Go make a new thread to rant.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

What is this wall of text doing here

Oh, I’ve been wondering, with Corrosive Poison Cloud now destroying projectiles; can you solo Lupicus again as Necro (without Reaper-spec)?

deSade.9437

Wasn’t there a guy that soloed necro on condi? I tried a few times, not even seriously, and I got almost to p3… but I have no idea how hard p3 must be.

https://goo.gl/48glU8

I think spojski isn’t interested in bettering the time until reepah is out

(edited by deSade.9437)

Posted by: Evapor.6849

Evapor.6849

I don’t even know what necro traitlines look like but hes using that poison thing i think

dlonie.6547

Urrrgh. I wasn’t going to reply to this guy, but he followed us here >.<

Let me guess: the people I called out as giving off white knight vibes for being dismissive, not bringing anything to the argument other than “lol ur wrong” and blindly defending anet/the state of the raid as it was released for beta testing are the “big personalities” of these forums.

Not just big personalities, but people who have been some of the biggest, most outspoken critics of ArenaNet for years. Hence the amusement.

A post that says “you didn’t kill it, you have no right to say that it’s easy” is [blah blah blah]

It wasn’t a matter of not killing it, it was a matter of not even seeing the boss’s full set of mechanics, and basing expectations of released raid difficulty on unbalanced mobs in a beta test.

@dlonie.6547: Which open/closed betas have you participated in where the content was so unfinished, unpolished and buggy that it was a far off representation of what went live? Don’t mention alphas, core tests, internal tests, F&F tests and whatnot, as those are more likely to be broken than a more advanced beta test.

ESO, WS, ArcheAge all had components that were absolutely broken when introduced for beta/ptr.

What makes you call this a “more advanced beta test”, anyway? This is the first time these systems have see a large server pool and load.

It might be relevant to mention that I develop visualization software for distributed super-computing architectures at my day job. No matter how many small scale tests you run, there are going to be issues the first time you run something full scale. A single small bug, missed edge case, or inefficient routine can make a large system seem entirely broken if the issue is with a core component. And tracking these things down takes time — debugging interactions between processes executing on multiple nodes is rarely a trivial task.

And that’s what these beta tests are. They’ve tested this software internally on scaled-down servers, and now they need to see how it performs under pressure and with a much larger set of processes. We’re seeing the bugs that were hidden by the small scale during previous testing. They’ll record stack dumps of crashes and save server logs over the weekend and fix the issues they can identify/replicate over the next few weeks.

And there will be more bugs that pop up at launch. Same thing happened with every other release I’ve been a part of. Hell, same thing happens with the code I work with at my job. Software has bugs, and in my opinion, it matters more how those bugs are handled than whether they exist…because some bugs will always exist.

That said, ArenaNet has disappointed me repeatedly with their handling of bug fixes and tends to ignore issues for far too long without feedback. This weekend, however, gives me a bit of hope — there’s actually a team working on instanced PvE again, and they seem to be willing to talk to us. It’s the brightest it’s been in this forum for a long, long time.

I guess what I’m trying to say, is that maybe, just maybe…all is not vain.

Sorry to the regulars for the eyebleed. I knew better, I just couldn’t resist >.<

(edited by dlonie.6547)

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Cool, I always wanted to kill Lupi on Necro but never got around doing it/sucked too much. I mean I still suck at the game, but I guess I’m gonna get back into the game just to manage a kill, at least.

deSade.9437

/twists dlonie’s nipples

How many times do I have to tell you: not. Here! We don’t feed the goats here, we worship the Black Goat of Death [metal?]!
Now you two go play outside.

dlonie.6547

/twists dlonie’s nipples

Thank you sir, may I have another?

NW, I’m done. I’m annoyed enough at myself for getting roped back into the circus…

Talyn.3295

/twists dlonie’s nipples

Thank you sir, may I have another?

NW, I’m done. I’m annoyed enough at myself for getting roped back into the circus…

Told you all. There goes the neighborhood. Perhaps it’s time we moved?

dlonie.6547

How about https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/community/events?

Nice neighborhood, friendly neighbors, no traffic…Just a quiet little spot away from all the hustle and bustle.

Evapor.6849

Please get down from your high horse, are you really trying to say the circus is beneath you? you both would fit right in.

dlonie.6547

Please get down from your high horse, are you really trying to say the circus is beneath you? you both would fit right in.

Attachments:

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Oh, I’ve been wondering, with Corrosive Poison Cloud now destroying projectiles; can you solo Lupicus again as Necro (without Reaper-spec)?

Yes its possible again.

I want to start doing more solos in the future. Since i now actually have a computer which can record high quality without dropping my fps to a slideshow. But that will require free time which i dont have much of. And i only plan to do it after HoT releases. So there will be a long period after HoT releases where im busy with actual new content first.

Talyn.3295

I would, but why should you be the only one allowed to ride a high horse?

Posted by: GrimmR.3541

GrimmR.3541

Looks like not being able to raid made some people rather salty. :>
Or did i miss something ?

toxic since 2012

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Yes its possible again.

I want to start doing more solos in the future. Since i now actually have a computer which can record high quality without dropping my fps to a slideshow. But that will require free time which i dont have much of. And i only plan to do it after HoT releases. So there will be a long period after HoT releases where im busy with actual new content first.

Time to step up my game then.

Heh, yeah, I got a new computer too which runs GW2 properly, but I never got around to actually try it, but unlike you, there’s nothing really interesting I could record. lol
Looking forward to your Necro HoT-gameplay though.

Posted by: Zaroua.2714

Zaroua.2714

I had forgotten about some of the early stuff in Wildstar.

The “more advanced beta test” part is just poor English on my part. Those alpha tests, etc, are less advanced than beta tests (usually) in the sense that the content in alpha tests tends to be further away from the end result than in a beta test.

In any case, I’ll stop here since this seems more of an off-topic thread than an actual general discussion thread.

dlonie.6547

Once, I thought I knew the definition of obstinate, then I clicked on that thread. Nothing will ever be the same again.

Oh, that isn’t even the worst . Have a seat, the cringe hits hard in that one.

Somuchreadingcomprehensionfailicanteven

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

i as super stoked about the poison cloud changes,
I moved this weekend so i missed the play time and i dont have a stable connection currently. (miku i know your pain. its terrible)

Soon as i can solidify connection i am gonna see about that solo. been trying for longer than i care to admit to…

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Rad was one hella fun. I love it!

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

If anyone in EU is playing fotm and gets Molten Facility or Aetherblade, could you let me play it? I need to check something from those two and kitten my rng. (sub 50 or I just have to leech)

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

I liked the encounter \o/ Chrono op !

Snow Crows [SC]

deSade.9437

Wooow, my fl looks ready to raid…. 2 people online…

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Lol and I’m supposed to believe someone did the wisp part in under 10 minutes, you’re not half as good at trolling as you think you are.

We’ve hit rock bottom on this forum

Talyn.3295

Lol and I’m supposed to believe someone did the wisp part in under 10 minutes, you’re not half as good at trolling as you think you are.

Yup, we have. I think maybe its time to set fire to the trashcan.

Attachments:

dlonie.6547

Rad was one hella fun. I love it!

Agreed! Thanks again for the invite

My initial impression is: “Wow, they fixed PvE.” If this is the direction this game is heading, I have a looooooot less to complain about.

That guy had to be a troll. No way.

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

That guy had to be a troll. No way.

You never can be sure in this forum.

Talyn.3295

I miss the days when threads would be discussions about the content from people who had spent enough time doing it to actually understand things. Or when someone posted here they were actually looking for help. Not the Random Kitten that has been here since the Raid hype.

We have people who know little to nothing about the game mechanics making all these crazy post as if they were the next coming and flooding the place.

Just…sad….panda.

Attachments:

Quickfoot Katana.8642

The real question is: would you rather have an abandoned forum with no new dungeons/raids/fractals but with a good community or a toxic wasteland resembling of General Discussion but with new raid content?

Evapor.6849

-Nostalgic about the dungeon forum
if this isn’t the saddest thing I have ever read I don’t know what is

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Not sure what you mean Evapor

Evapor.6849

Talyn said he misses the days when they would get together and be cynical kittenposters on the dungeon forum 3 times a week.

Talyn.3295

The real question is: would you rather have an abandoned forum with no new dungeons/raids/fractals but with a good community or a toxic wasteland resembling of General Discussion but with new raid content?

I was just discussion that with deSade in game. At least with the good community you could get more out of it. General Discussion is just a dump most times.

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Talyn said he misses the days when they would get together and be cynical kittenposters on the dungeon forum 3 times a week.

Get out of this thread please.

Snow Crows [SC]

dlonie.6547

I’m so weary of the former, the latter sounds great in comparison, tbh. It is annoying, though.

Posted by: wauwi.9162

wauwi.9162

Was “AFGW2” for a couple of months…What’d i miss? Are dungeons fixed yet?

Hahaha… no seriously, did i missed out on anything cool?

[EU/GER]Elona’s Reach: Aerrith: Lv80 Ranger / Sephirra: Lv80 Mesmer
“Only the finest of potatoes in my zerkburgers.”

dlonie.6547

Dungeons dead, fractals revamped (in HoT), and raids promising (also HoT).

Posted by: wauwi.9162

wauwi.9162

Thanks.
At least the dungeon discussions deliver constant challenging and diverse content every once in a while.

[EU/GER]Elona’s Reach: Aerrith: Lv80 Ranger / Sephirra: Lv80 Mesmer
“Only the finest of potatoes in my zerkburgers.”

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

giving no context can lead to some awesome quotes XD

I have the exp. I paid 100 bucks for it.