General Dungeon Discussion Thread - Part 3

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

Is there a way besides Silverwastes to get Sinister insignia/inscription recipes?

Trading post says hello.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Is there a way besides Silverwastes to get Sinister insignia/inscription recipes?

Trading post says hello.

Last time I checked, I can’t buy the insignia/inscription, only the recipes for the armor pieces/weapons.

SlyDevil.3952

Trading post says hello.

Last time I checked, I can’t buy the insignia/inscription, only the recipes for the armor pieces/weapons.

You’re right, farmville says hello.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

It’s really not too bad, jump around to breach or near breach maps and farm a little and do the bosses. Bosses aren’t too dull if you melee them, they all can be if done properly (toughest is probably blue, need reflect stuffs).

Anyways do that like a dozen times or so and you can buy both insignia/inscription and then you’re done if you want to just convert ascended gear. Took me a day or two playing there for an hour or two.

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

I just end up buzzing between the forts trying to tag every event for max crests. Goes pretty fast with executioners axe and is deffo more active and enjoyable than just sitting at one fort. Farmed 5k crests that way in few days for 2nd set of trinkets.

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Well that doesn’t sound too kittenty, guess I found something to do for tonight.

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

I don’t know why you guys insist on nerfing Burning when it has all kinds of limitations and there are mobs that are immune to Burning. What are you gonna do if the Flamethrower last boss was actually immune to Burning? Cry? Sigh…

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

We?

Snow Crows [SC]

Taku.6352

I honestly wouldn’t mind a nerf for burns/burn application if they buffed other condis and their application. Only reason why ranger/engi/guard have decent condi builds is because of burning, hell the only reason guard is decent condi is because burning is so strong that it doesn’t even need another condis to be usable.

(edited by Taku.6352)

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I honestly wouldn’t mind a nerf for burns/burn application if they buffed other condis and their application. Only reason why ranger/engi/guard have decent condi builds is because of burning, he’ll the only reason guard is decent condi is because burning is so strong that it doesn’t even need another condis to be usable.

That’s exactly it, burn is just too strong by comparison. I think balancing out condi’s a bit would bring more strength to other options the most simple way. Now addressing each specific profession individually would be fine by me. And, they really need to split PVE and PVP.

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Have they ever said why pvp/pve balance is not split?

Taku.6352

Too much effort/too confusing.

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Have they ever said why pvp/pve balance is not split?

“Confuses new players”
That’s pretty much it

Posted by: Ranael.6423

Ranael.6423

Problem is there is a tendency to increase damages in PvE if you just listen to players feedback.
Without PvP there is no reason to nerf anything unless it totally breaks the game. In the end one class will say “look at class X, they do more damage” and the answer will be “ok let’s boost you” but then class Y will say “class X and the other are better, we deserve a boost” … run loop until satisfaction=1 (better say infinite loop)
If a big split is created, then that means one part of the game will be abandoned. Look at Rit in Gw1, instead of rethinking them in a clever manner they simply OP’d them in PvE to satisfy the whining people but nothing was done for PvP, lazy design, power creep….
Rather than spliting abilities I’d much prefer splitting the available stat numbers or have a PvE/PvP-only stat like agony.

Iris Ng.9845

There are already some skills that have split version between PvE and PvP. Then there are also some split reverted back to the original version when the traits and/or skills were redone. To this day, I have no clue how to keep track of those and it’s a confusing mess. Now imagine what if they want to split the damage calculation of Burning between PvE and PvP. It would be a real chore to modify their code on the server as it would affect everything that deals Burning damage. It’s also irritatingly difficult to test out your damage without a proper PvE dummy site. There will be a lot of back and forth discussion (read: riot) and QA tests regarding tuning the damage alone.. However, I’m sure the dev will eventually get their hands on the balance matters when they don’t have any new contents to develop.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Since I really don’t want to find out the hard way: I know the instance ownership system has been changed months ago, but I can’t remember how they changed instance closing. It gets closed if no one is inside, doesn’t matter if a party is formed or not, right? I.e. if I have someone standing outside in my party, I’m inside, I dc, instance is gone?

Posted by: GrimmR.3541

GrimmR.3541

Yes.

toxic since 2012

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Welp.
Not that I dc often, but still.
Ty

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

That’s why I stopped soloing. Some nights I’ll dc hourly, and it’s just too frustrating to keep losing progress

NovaanVerdiano.6174

That’s why I stopped soloing. Some nights I’ll dc hourly, and it’s just too frustrating to keep losing progress

Yeah I can see that.
I’d be so mad if I was to practice a solo, finally manage to get close to clearing it and then I dc.

Iris Ng.9845

You need your own Doppelganger, like Abe did in his solo video x)

NovaanVerdiano.6174

You need your own Doppelganger, like Abe did in his solo video x)

Sadly my doppelganger is on NA, so I can’t help myself out there.

dlonie.6547

Hahaha, I did the same thing, my main is on NA, my alt on EU.

Wouldn’t really matter for me anyway. When I dc, so does any other GW2 client on my connection

Iris Ng.9845

F2P account works, too.

NovaanVerdiano.6174

F2P account works, too.

Oh right, I totally forgot about that.

dlonie.6547

Arg, I’m out of steam. That DPS meter thread is getting tiresome, some people just refuse to take responsibility for their experience in this game and can’t grasp that it’s all about the people they choose to play with….

We need something new in here…

idea!

> Smears goat blood into a pentagram on the floor
> Turns off lights
> Lights candles at corners
>\kneel before makeshift alter

hushed tone videogamermikevideogamermikevideogamermikevideogamermikevideogamermike

> waits…

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Now you’re making me feel guilty for scaring him away…

dlonie.6547

If that works, I’m going to kitten myself.

deSade.9437

I’d give… well, not an arm or a finger, but I’d definitely go on no-dishwasher no-washing-machine no-ironing for 6 months to get the privilege of seeing what wasn’t working out in raid. You can’t just run around pointing fingers at people, but if you lack 50% of dps something is TERRIBLY wrong, and you gotta figure it out. “Can’t you do it without a dps meter, mimimi”, annoying blonde face
Yeah, you can, but it’d be such a nice qol thing… just numberphobics like me being provided with a tool to see the results would make it way less stressful and lower the anxiety of circular thinking “what went wrong, what went wrong, what went wrong”
Doesn’t it just suck when you can’t keep track of everything and have doubts about your performance, but aren’t sure of what the problem is and if it’s impacting the game heavily? Ghhhh.
Right, right, it happens only to me because I’m stupid and everyone else is a genius that never messes up <.< (he said looking defensive)

GrimmR.3541

Don’t summon VDGM, i beg you.

toxic since 2012

dlonie.6547

I’d give… well, not an arm or a finger, but I’d definitely go on no-dishwasher no-washing-machine no-ironing for 6 months to get the privilege of seeing what wasn’t working out in raid. You can’t just run around pointing fingers at people, but if you lack 50% of dps something is TERRIBLY wrong, and you gotta figure it out. “Can’t you do it without a dps meter, mimimi”, annoying blonde face
Yeah, you can, but it’d be such a nice qol thing… just numberphobics like me being provided with a tool to see the results would make it way less stressful and lower the anxiety of circular thinking “what went wrong, what went wrong, what went wrong”
Doesn’t it just suck when you can’t keep track of everything and have doubts about your performance, but aren’t sure of what the problem is and if it’s impacting the game heavily? Ghhhh.
Right, right, it happens only to me because I’m stupid and everyone else is a genius that never messes up <.< (he said looking defensive)

What, you can’t parse your combat log into DPS on-the-fly, in your head? It’s so easy!

TheRandomGuy.7246

Who is he? I am a newfag in General Dungeon Discussion Threads.

Taku.6352

A legend. Some say he might even be the PHIW God that far surpasses Nemesis.

Posted by: Laar.5476

Laar.5476

I apologize in advance for this

deSade.9437

A legend. Some say he might even be the PHIW God that far surpasses Nemesis.

I claim Nemesis is a casual even in this. No one, no one kittens with videogamermike.

dlonie.6547

I apologize in advance for this

Good stuff in there, but unfortunately the Best Of… posts were modzapped long, long ago

Also, I can’t say “isn’t // it” or “Farnaz // is” without getting kittied, but yeah, sure, the filter is cool with newfag.

10/10

GrimmR.3541

“As a part of that process, we’ll shift some rewards away from dungeons and into other pieces of content. While dungeons will remain cool experiences that’ll reward players with unique items, their liquid rewards will be reduced and other content will become more rewarding.”

Guys, anyone ever got unique items from dungeons? Can’t believe what BS that is.

toxic since 2012

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

ohh well, they are officially putting the last nail in the dungeon’s coffin.

“Over the last couple of years, dungeons have been a major part of the game’s economy; between unique armor and liquid rewards, they’re often farmed. In the expansion, we’ll move away from this paradigm.”

“we’ll shift some rewards away from dungeons and into other pieces of content”

Rip dungeons 2012-2015

Ranael.6423

“As a part of that process, we’ll shift some rewards away from dungeons and into other pieces of content. While dungeons will remain cool experiences that’ll reward players with unique items, their liquid rewards will be reduced and other content will become more rewarding.”

Guys, anyone ever got unique items from dungeons? Can’t believe what BS that is.

I’m sure they meant armor token ….. In other words, if you have unlocked all of them then go to fractals…

dlonie.6547

Well, let’s be honest. Dungeons are way too rewarding for the effort involved.

It’s not like SW where you have to follow the leader and press F every 15 seconds. Thankfully that challenging content will remain lucrative.

kappatolism.

Seriously, though, that’s upsetting…they really are trying to kill them off. Should we start a betting pool for when they finally pull the plug for good?

Posted by: EcoRI.9273

EcoRI.9273

new legendaries look like poop. I guess i will just burn my money on more perma contracts for my alts.

http://www.twitch.tv/eco_r_i
Wynd Cloud | Fierce N Licious

Trice.4598

I also want to point out “full set of sixteen weapon”, underwater combat also officially death, good job Anet, you dropped the ball big time with this.

Ranael.6423

I also want to point out “full set of sixteen weapon”, underwater combat also officially death, good job Anet, you dropped the ball big time with this.

I don’t know, if you remove the 2 additional greatswords, you have 18 weapons. Since there are 3 underwater weapons the final count should be 15 not 16. So either they scraped UW and there will be only 2 greatswords instead of three or … there will be one legendary for all UW weapon, meaning you can change it into one of the three. Anyway the price to pay for a weapon that is barely used (or not at all in the expansion) was a bit too high.

Trice.4598

I don’t know, if you remove the 2 additional greatswords, you have 18 weapons. Since there are 3 underwater weapons the final count should be 15 not 16. So either they scraped UW and there will be only 2 greatswords instead of three or … there will be one legendary for all UW weapon, meaning you can change it into one of the three. Anyway the price to pay for a weapon that is barely used (or not at all in the expansion) was a bit too high.

There is 21 right now, remove 2 GS you have 19, minus 3 underwaters, 16.

Don’t trust Anet numbers, they are clearly out of touch with their own games.
Underwater combat is hella fun and unique, just balancing it would make underwater content interesting to a wider range of players, instead of ignoring it and eventually remove it.

Ranael.6423

Ah true.. I guess they didn’t count eternity as a legendary in the blogpost since it won’t have its own collection… so you were right : death to underwater !

SlyDevil.3952

Haven’t you ever gotten a recipe drop

TheRandomGuy.7246

Haven’t you ever gotten a recipe drop

Don’t forget dungeon tonics!

Also, I can’t say “isn’t // it” or “Farnaz // is” without getting kittied, but yeah, sure, the filter is cool with newfag.

10/10

Was surprised myself lol. Was expecting some newkitten, but forums don’t stop surprising me.

(edited by TheRandomGuy.7246)

dlonie.6547

“Dong” works too. It’s handy when you want to insult someone and get past the herd of cats

Interestingly enough, kitten (without ‘new’) does get censored. WTF.

Since I brought up his spiritual guide VGM earlier, did Old Man Nemesis ever put out part 2 of that something or other that was going to blow our minds or some such? I need a laugh after hearing about the next phase of dungeon removal.

BTW, F2P WS is OMG #1.

NovaanVerdiano.6174

“Dong” works too. It’s handy when you want to insult someone and get past the herd of cats

Interestingly enough, kitten (without ‘new’) does get censored. WTF.

Since I brought up his spiritual guide VGM earlier, did Old Man Nemesis ever put out part 2 of that something or other that was going to blow our minds or some such? I need a laugh after hearing about the next phase of dungeon removal.

BTW, F2P WS is OMG #1.

I don’t think he ever followed up with something after he got crushed and challenged.

TheRandomGuy.7246

Sooo since they are shifting gold rewards from dungeons to fractals and raids… does that mean that fractals will now reward 5-10 gold per “island”?