General Dungeon Discussion Thread - Part 1

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

Guys. My guild imploded.

I need a new guild. cries and im not good enough for you sexy dungeon guilds!

#FashionLyfeSoHard

My guild’s here: www.NoblePhantasm.com if you wanna give us a try. Dunno if we’d be too small for your likes.

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

(edited by DigitalKirin.9714)

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

You can join us, our (wethsopu’s) fashion is yet unmatched.

Reported for typoing my name.

Posted by: IrisTheCasual.3742

IrisTheCasual.3742

Guys. My guild imploded.

I need a new guild. cries and im not good enough for you sexy dungeon guilds!

#FashionLyfeSoHard

I would adopt you to my guild, dear, but it would be a guild of two :\ You deserve more than that </3

Wethospu.6437

28 pages of fractal CDI and I don’t think there has been any indication of adding hard content from the developer. Also interestingly he seems to spend a great effort to try make me look evil/stupid.

To be honest, I kind of expect the next fractal patch turn them to a magical casual wonderland.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

IrisTheCasual.3742

Do whatever, but fix the broken rewards part. I have a streak of 4 daily fractals (level 50) giving me nothing in the daily bonus chest :\

Posted by: Cries Of Sorrow.5864

Cries Of Sorrow.5864

28 pages of fractal CDI and I don’t think there has been any indication of adding hard content from the developer. Also interestingly he seems to spend a great effort to try make me look evil/stupid.

To be honest, I kind of expect the next fractal patch turn them to a magical casual wonderland.

it’s Trucking obvious they forgot the way they marketed Fotm, and it tricked us all into the Playing How I Want mindset. Glad i didn’t waste breath on the CDI.

Main Elementalist:Train Of Thought
Alt Warrior: Burning Paris
Best Ele build EU.

(edited by Cries Of Sorrow.5864)

Wethospu.6437

I just feel so disconnected. I thought it was obvious that the way to go should be harder challenges and deeper encounters.

But the stuff I see… I don’t want to talk about it.

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

/sarcasm on

You might simply not have enough encounter knowledge to judge about what fractals need and what not.
Go play the game and learn mechanics before suggesting in a CDI thread!

/sarcasm off.

Edit: Come on me, Delay. Beat this. http://youtu.be/hNiIionxgTo

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

(edited by Dub.1273)

Posted by: Delay.6908

Delay.6908

Hmmm i cant watch youtube videos till my VPN gets back up and running.. but i got some good lag this past week so im ready to upload if necessary this weekend, YOU CANT BEAT ME DUB!!

Dr Winston | [DnT]

Cries Of Sorrow.5864

I dont need to learn mechanics, i go water staff build 69 AR with my Apothecary hydromancer sigil, i just make sure my team mates stay alive, my task synergises really well with my title “combat healer” so they know whatsup when they see me also i can assure them quality when i’m on their parties as i have achieved over 11,000 Arena Net Points and i clear fractal scale 23 pretty easily so i guess im quite “The Vet” if i say so myself ha-ha blush. It’s really too bad i can’t invest 70 trait points in water magic alone, so usually i play with 40 unspent trait points, i just can’t find proper use for them.

Best Ele build EU.

IrisTheCasual.3742

I’m pretty happy with my daily fotm tonight. We got urban battleground, dredge and Mai Trin, yet still managed to finish it off within an hour, given there is a new member and a pug. I wish everyday is like today.

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

I dont need to learn mechanics, i go water staff build 69 AR with my Apothecary hydromancer sigil, i just make sure my team mates stay alive, my task synergises really well with my title “combat healer” so they know whatsup when they see me also i can assure them quality when i’m on their parties as i have achieved over 11,000 Arena Net Points and i clear fractal scale 23 pretty easily so i guess im quite “The Vet” if i say so myself ha-ha blush. It’s really too bad i can’t invest 70 trait points in water magic alone, so usually i play with 40 unspent trait points, i just can’t find proper use for them.

Do you exploit your 3 and 5 button a lot?

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

I actually liked where dutchiez and timmyf where going.
Their idea to keep the lower levels for those who just want to have seen everything experienced all lore and similar, and the higher levels for those who actually want content that taxes their gaming skills.
And that the scaling should not just include higher damage and HP on the mob’s side but new abilities and encounter mechanics to actually increase difficulty in an interesting way.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

You guys still bother with that? O_o

Yeah, just stoooooop, guys. You’re consuming your fingers over nothing. Nothing good is going to happen to fotm, unless you consider crafting grind as “good”. They made their intentions and their view of the game so clear that you can’t just ignore it anymore. You can’t pretend not to know what they’re doing and that all of this isn’t a misunderstanding; you can’t hope they just magically change their minds over such important matters – as adding depth to and fixing the only place that could probably interest whoever likes to be challenged. It’s not. Going. To happen.

“Introducing a dungeon experience like no other—Fractals of the Mists! A series of unique “fractal” minidungeons, increasing in difficulty, offers players unlimited levels of challenge! With great risk comes great rewards, including new weapon sets, a back slot item, new Ascended loot, and much more!

Endless and scaling. The deeper you go, the harder it gets!"

Notice anything here?

Your time is better spent talking about something else. For instance, the cat tonic. It’s awesome, but 100 laurels… Or you could laugh heartily at your desk like I’m doing now, picturing the idea of…
… a CDI on dungeons.
LOL!!!
/snarky giggle
We could do that. Hilarity ensued.

Wethospu.6437

I actually liked where dutchiez and timmyf where going.
Their idea to keep the lower levels for those who just want to have seen everything experienced all lore and similar, and the higher levels for those who actually want content that taxes their gaming skills.
And that the scaling should not just include higher damage and HP on the mob’s side but new abilities and encounter mechanics to actually increase difficulty in an interesting way.

I’m quite confident that we will only see changes in early levels. Perhaps with a reset and max level lowered to 30. No one must feel left out.

I have about 5 times tried to promote my idea about fractal rework which in my opinion would fix lots of issues, promote variety. reduce time investment, reduce RNG, reduce stat scaling, add challenge and stuff like that. Zero dev comments.

But no, let’s focus instead on something which no one really cares about. Well, except people who maybe try fractals few times and then go back to the living story.

Posted by: AnnieGYG.6842

AnnieGYG.6842

Had to share as it made me laugh, last I heard they were still in there :P

http://prntscr.com/30qf3o

Property of Gandara EU

deSade.9437

It is pretty funny, but I can empathise with them. The poor lad probably just wanted an experienced BUT laid back team, as not to get overly stressed.
… I hope that’s what he meant?
Why am I even trying to defend that lfg? Meh, back to trolling.
Someone that pugs should put up a weird lfg requirement and screen it.
“fashionable or kick”

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

That should be our requirement. Then we have a valid excuse to kick Sam.

Wethospu.6437

With requirement like that no one could ever party with me.

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

With requirement like that no one could ever party with me.

I probably would, honestly I wish I’d thought of rainbow chainmail too.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Posted by: Enaretos.8079

Enaretos.8079

I have a rainbow mix and match dungeon + karma set !
But it’s rabid so nobody ever sees it :’(

Snow Crows member since January 2014
My Twitch

Lindbur.2537

it’s rabid

rabid

Mmhmm…

But it’s rabid so nobody ever sees it :’( I will destroy it and get a rainbow zerk set :)

:>

A remnant of times past.

Posted by: dutchiez.7502

dutchiez.7502

I wonder how hard that Nike’s kitten gets when he thinks about his epic suggestions.

Nova [rT]

Lindbur.2537

I don’t even. Yeah, um… is he writing for the sake of writing?

A remnant of times past.

Posted by: Enaretos.8079

Enaretos.8079

it’s rabid

rabid

Mmhmm…

But it’s rabid so nobody ever sees it :’( I will destroy it and get a rainbow zerk set

:>

Meh, it’s actually my WvW set, made to fear my oponents away.

Snow Crows member since January 2014
My Twitch

Lindbur.2537

Don’t fear me away :(

A remnant of times past.

Spoj The Second.7680

I wonder how hard that Nike’s kitten gets when he thinks about his epic suggestions.

I reported him for derailing the thread and trolling. Elitists strike back!

deSade.9437

So nasty. :O Well I reported… someone… err… I can’t say it out loud… I’m afraid he might be a spy, since he knows so much about anet, exploits and stuffs.

Posted by: noobgood.8762

noobgood.8762

What do PUGs sing when Lupicus reaches phase 3?

I like to move it, move it…

IrisTheCasual.3742

You like to? Move it!

http://youtu.be/ecSCaZ_XPlo

Posted by: guanlongwucaii.3162

guanlongwucaii.3162

just had a pug where they pushed lupi into the wall for phase 1/2 and then moved him out of the wall in phase 3…

Lindbur.2537

A remnant of times past.

Lindbur.2537

Caught this guy in the act…

Attachments:

A remnant of times past.

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

So I joined one single CoE lfg by accident (was looking for CoF). Left party and then attempted joining another one under CoF section. “You have joined too many parties recently”. What kind of bullshait is this?? I guess joining one single lfg is now considered “too many”.

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Just… why?

Dub | [rT]

Lindbur.2537

Just… why?

ArenaNet.

A remnant of times past.

deSade.9437

/throws up in a corner

Posted by: noobgood.8762

noobgood.8762

I can hear it guys… woosh… woosh… woosh…

Cries Of Sorrow.5864

Its okay hes only using it to buff team mates! I mean it’s okay cause a true dev let others play the game he just wanted to be part of it all without carrying too much! This one time i joined a CoE pug, so ofcourse i was stacking might and fury using s/f and s/d after somewhile the guard yells “my might is better!” “Let me do it!” “Your might does not last very long!” So i lolled and went apekitten and threatened to leave the party. Fin

Best Ele build EU.

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

Just… why?

Check out that Combat Healer title. Pro healer cleric ftw.

Lindbur.2537

A remnant of times past.

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

It’s giving me cancer as we speak.

Anyway, I did a really awesome level 19 fractal yesterday. Everyone was fabulous.

3 guildies from some random guild
A pug guard
Myself, the pug ele. I firey fun sworded everything, was entertaining, and I enjoyed myself thoroughly.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Lindbur.2537

I thought I’d post this just because maybe the devs will listen. There’s a lot to like about GW2. And I feel that trying the idea of no tank / healer / dps specific roles was worth a try. But, I’ve concluded it doesn’t work – at least the way it’s implemented here.

The problem now is on these larger bosses, without the traditional MMO roles, the gameplay is even more limiting than with the tank / healer / dps roles. Ultimately what ends up happening on just about all of these larger boss fights is the same thing – ranged DPS and a lot of kiting. Melee DPS is punished more severely in this game than any other I’ve played – and I’ve played an awful lot. Yeah, melee does a lot of DPS for the very limited time that melee DPS is actually alive.

But the problem isn’t the removal of roles though. The problem is the rest of the game is created as if those roles were in place. The first time I played GW2 I was ok with what AN tried to do. But I left and returned and the limitations of this game were more pronounced. Of course, all this is my opinion.

So my suggestion for whenever, a patch, GW3, I don’t know. You cannot simplify the roles, talents and abilities at the same time. Jack of all trades doesn’t work when the game forces you to try and be a master of one – ranged DPS.

Gotta love Spiderman.

Attachments:

A remnant of times past.

Posted by: Nikaido.3457

Nikaido.3457

This list of special elite mob abilities you see in diablo 3 is what should’ve been suggested in the CDI as a model for higher difficulties to replace the rather dumb, predictable, constant that are fractal instabilities :

Arcane Enchanted: Arcane enchanted monsters summon rotating beams of arcane energy which deal significant damage.
Avenger: Monsters with the avenger affix grow in power as other monsters in their group are slain — they can increase in damage, attack speed, total life, and other attributes.
Desecrator: Desecrator monsters conjure burning pools of hellfire beneath your feet. These pools surge after a few seconds, dealing immense damage if you don’t move quickly to avoid them.
Electrified: Electrified monsters release bolts of electricity when struck, causing lightning damage on contact.
Extra Health: Monsters with extra health have substantially more Life (and, hence, survivability) than normal for monsters of their type.
Fast: Fast monsters move and attack much more quickly than their normal counterparts. They excel at chasing you down when you’re wounded and use their increased speed to move around the battlefield.
Fire Chains: These monsters are linked together by chains of fire that burn anything they touch. Killing individual monsters in the group limits the length and mobility of the chain.
Frozen: Frozen monsters fill the air around them with exploding ice crystals. These explosions deal cold damage, slow, and freeze heroes caught in their blast radius.
Frozen Pulse: Monsters with the frozen pulse affix summon an icy sphere that deals heavy damage over time while it moves across the battlefield.
Health Link: Monsters with health link share damage and Life pools. Any damage dealt to an individual is split among all members of a group.
Horde: Hordes of monsters don’t gain any particular abilities, but groups with the horde affix are larger than normal for their type.
Illusionist: Illusionist monsters create duplicates of themselves; these duplicates can deal damage while obscuring your true target.
Jailer: Monsters with the jailer affix can encase you in a prison, damaging and temporarily immobilizing you. You are vulnerable to attack while immobilized, but you can escape by using certain defensive skills.
Knockback: Successful hits from monsters with knockback send you flying away from them, interrupting your attack and slowing your movement.
Missile Dampening: Missile dampening monsters project an aura that slows your incoming projectiles, making ranged attacks less effective.
Molten: Molten monsters trail burning lava wherever they walk. Shortly after they die, their bodies explode into high-damage gouts of fire.
Mortar: Monsters with the mortar affix lob volatile globes of fire that can deal extreme damage to you at range. Move close to avoid their attacks.
Nightmarish: Successful attacks from nightmarish monsters can cause you to lose control of your character and flee for a few seconds.
Orbiter: Orbiter monsters are able to cover entire areas in an array of electric balls. These balls electrocute anything they touch.
Plagued: Plagued monsters leave toxic puddles in their footsteps. Standing in these puddles – even to attack the plagued – will deal increasing amounts of poison damage.
Reflect Damage: Monsters with this affix deal a portion of the damage they take back to their attackers. Their reflection power turns on and off over time, but you’ll be able to tell that it’s active if you keep an eye on them.
Shielding: Shielding monsters can conjure a temporary magic shield that makes them immune to damage.
Teleporter: Monsters with the teleporter affix can disappear and reappear in different locations on the screen at will, both to make surprise attacks and to escape.
Thunderstorm: Monsters with the thunderstorm affix use potent lightning strikes to shock enemies from a distance.
Vampiric: Vampiric monsters feed off of your injuries. They recover a portion of all damage they deal as Life.
Vortex: Monsters with the vortex affix can pull you towards them, interrupting your attacks and keeping you dangerously close.
Waller: Monsters with the waller affix create walls that can trap you or block your path to the monster summoning them. Summoned walls will vanish after a few seconds – if you can afford to wait.

No one would complain about the boredom in this game if mobs could spawn with a whole set of Arcane Frozen Waller Vortex. It would also make the trash mobs actually fun to fight against.
Also make it random so that we actually have to deal with the mechanics rather than just chose faceroll lvl “gearcheck agony” to avoid them all. Give them the ability to stack up, like d3’s elite mobs, that can have up to 4 of said affix, rather than just one singled out instability. Threads about stacking would die and the same people who complained about stacking will also give us delicious tears against the new mechanics.

- “No tears, please. It’s a waste of good suffering.”

Spoj The Second.7680

Just pugged SE story. The host was a necro and he had 1 other necro with him. When we got to the final boss, he started vote kicking people including the necro that was with him. He tried to vote kick 1 last guy when there was just 3 of us so I initiated a vote kick on him instead and the other guy accepted. We destroyed the instance. But i feel it was justified seeing as that troll just tried to grief 3 members out of the story mode (I think he was expecting me to go along with it). Big mistake on his part xD.

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Just pugged SE story. The host was a necro and he had 1 other necro with him. When we got to the final boss, he started vote kicking people including the necro that was with him. He tried to vote kick 1 last guy when there was just 3 of us so I initiated a vote kick on him instead and the other guy accepted. We destroyed the instance. But i feel it was justified seeing as that troll just tried to grief 3 members out of the story mode (I think he was expecting me to go along with it). Big mistake on his part xD.

Lol isn’kitten nice feeling when you barely care if you finish the instance or not, and the best thing ever is to stop a griefer from griefing.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Apparently this account got hacked, and the guy who did it was using this to farm (bot?) CM. Salvaged all of my gear on everything, but thankfully he was nice enough to buy my guardian rare berserker armour lel

What can you even farm in CM, I didn’t think it was a very interesting dungeon

(edited by The Mexican Cookie.3690)

Lindbur.2537

Pugged 49 and just got out after like 3 hours inside, Swamp → Cliffside → DREDGE → Jade Maw. Thief camped shortbow because he had no sword/pistol, and seemed to think spamming stealth on us was a good idea to keep mobs blinded, “because my trait blinds mobs when i stealth”. Guardian camped staff (what more to say?) and mesmer camped greatsword at POINT BLANK RANGE.

Never again. Q_Q

A remnant of times past.

IrisTheCasual.3742

should quit at the 1 hour mark at Cliffside. No point to continue. Srsly.

Lindbur.2537

I need those pristines very badly ;-;

A remnant of times past.