General Dungeon Discussion Thread - Part 1

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

But when I have a sword/horn and LB war, a thief who’s camping shortbow and, who would’ve known, a GS-camping mesmer and they all didn’t bother to listen to advice then they have no godkitten right to QQ about Mai Trin being difficult.

Me not using GS on my mesmer at Mai Trin was apparently one of the reasons my former fractal group kicked me out … the other was refusing to use GS on the champ group (rabbit/shaman/ettin) in the harpy fractal …

There are (a lot of) people like that around, and they are totally certain they’ve got the game figured out and are playing the best possible way.

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

I always see that box farm on lfg, is it that good? seems like a waste of time.

People are going to tell you from 20-70 gold an hours, it is not, what it is, is about 70 champ boxes, if no one mess up, if you tag everything. You can get more than that if you have a good dedicated group for AC story or SE path 1 farm. This morning my team reached a pretty solid 90 box from Se in 1 hour, however we get to the golem in 2:45 using thief, mesmer, warrior, 2 ele.

But for AC and SE you need good team and actually some brain activities :P

Posted by: Tom Yzf.5872

Tom Yzf.5872

how much gold is 90 box usually?

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

People are going to tell you from 20-70 gold an hours, it is not, what it is, is about 70 champ boxes, if no one mess up, if you tag everything. You can get more than that if you have a good dedicated group for AC story or SE path 1 farm. This morning my team reached a pretty solid 90 box from Se in 1 hour, however we get to the golem in 2:45 using thief, mesmer, warrior, 2 ele.

So it’s like 1g/hour? And white knights still can’t deal with it? GW2 community becomes arrgh … i don’t give a crab anymore.

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

So it’s like 1g/hour? And white knights still can’t deal with it? GW2 community becomes arrgh … i don’t give a crab anymore.

still much more than 1 gold an hour though, 80 champion boxes net me an average of 19 golds, this is by selling everything, just in silk scrap you get about 4 gold, + t5, t6, rare/etc. My average dungeon speed clear nets me 18 gold + tokens per hours if I sell everything.

The only problem I see with the blixx farm is how easy and casual it is. A 75 person zerg, can walk around spamming 1 on their guardian and make as much as a dungeon speed clearer, so why should he even bother trying to get better? The skill versus reward is really lacking in gw2, no incentive to get better :P

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

So, I was lurking random Arah parties stuck at various phases, generally at Lupi, so I can practice some more. I got a party of a guardian who knows how Lupi works in “theory” and a greatsword mesmer who had no idea what feedback is.

After wiping in ranged Lupi fight (and my poor attempt to solo while chasing him shadowstepping around the roo) the guardian felt abused by the party :’(

Attachments:

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

Never thought I would run into one, but looks like I did.

That guy can suck a fat one, I just walled all 4 paths.
/feelsgood

(edited by J Eberle.9312)

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

But when I have a sword/horn and LB war, a thief who’s camping shortbow and, who would’ve known, a GS-camping mesmer and they all didn’t bother to listen to advice then they have no godkitten right to QQ about Mai Trin being difficult.

Me not using GS on my mesmer at Mai Trin was apparently one of the reasons my former fractal group kicked me out … the other was refusing to use GS on the champ group (rabbit/shaman/ettin) in the harpy fractal …

There are (a lot of) people like that around, and they are totally certain they’ve got the game figured out and are playing the best possible way.

:’(

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

That’s… sad. Really. I’d be heartbroken.

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

My first reaction upon reading this was “You can’t be serious?”. But you are serious. I’m with Novaan and deSade (and most likely 90% of the people here). This is just sad.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

J Eberle.9312

Allow me to introduce you to the flamethrower engi I just found in a zerk only ‘speed’ AC.

Attachments:

Silberfisch.3046

You just hate flamethrowers because they singe your kitty’s fur and burnt hair smells awful.

J Eberle.9312

You just hate flamethrowers because they singe your kitty’s fur and burnt hair smells awful. ;)

I don’t like fire unless it’s blue :(

Silberfisch.3046

You just hate flamethrowers because they singe your kitty’s fur and burnt hair smells awful.

I don’t like fire unless it’s blue

That can be easily solved by the engineer. Just ask him to dump some kitten nic, antimony or leadinto the flame. Tadaaaa: Blue flame.
And it should inflict poison on top of burning now…

Never thought I would run into one, but looks like I did.

I’ll never understand why people call a creative use of environment “exploit” by definition. Some may be. But definitively not all.

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

I’ll never understand why people call a creative use of environment “exploit” by definition. Some may be. But definitively not all.

If it’s not an exploit then it’s not fun by default.

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Allow me to introduce you to the flamethrower engi I just found in a zerk only ‘speed’ AC.

I’m more amused by your chat tabs.

J Eberle.9312

Whoops lol.
Ok I fixed it ;)

(edited by J Eberle.9312)

Posted by: Enaretos.8079

Enaretos.8079

Today a viewer gave me a llama mini. HYPE !

Snow Crows member since January 2014
My Twitch

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Today a viewer gave me a llama mini. HYPE !

Congrats. :P

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Snow Crows [SC]

Posted by: Jiyn.3158

Jiyn.3158

Never trust a Stormcrow.

Posted by: Sarahfull.4930

Sarahfull.4930

Kinda funny & sad. Ive reached that stage in guildwars were the fractals themself are boring. Im now seeing how to do things faster and/or a different way to do things that still works.

The other time I fractal is the socal aspect with friends or people who need help. Looks like Ive become “play to win” too

Posted by: IvanTheGrey.2941

IvanTheGrey.2941

Kinda funny & sad. Ive reached that stage in guildwars were the fractals themself are boring. Im now seeing how to do things faster and/or a different way to do things that still works.

The other time I fractal is the socal aspect with friends or people who need help. Looks like Ive become “play to win” too

Crap, I need halp in fractals… :’(

J Eberle.9312

That pvp skin set for light. O_O I need it pls.

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

My first reaction upon reading this was “You can’t be serious?”. But you are serious. I’m with Novaan and deSade (and most likely 90% of the people here). This is just sad.

Well, to give them credit, they were the people who introduced me to dungeons in this game in the first place, and made me love this part of the game. I did my whole dungeon master title on my main account, and most of my 2nd account, with them, learned a lot, and had tons of fun.

It’s just that eventually I kept evolving past the point they were comfortable at. I like to try different things, learn to do things differently, and overall improve my way of playing. To them, the definition of a successful dungeon run does not depend on the time the run takes, but rather how often people are (not) downed. As such, me trying to learn to use the onehand sword on my mesmer or ranger made them uncomfortable.

Posted by: Sarahfull.4930

Sarahfull.4930

Crap, I need halp in fractals… :’(

Dont get me wrong, im here to help. In fact I have tomorrow off so feel free to contact me anytime and I do my best for you. Teaching is a wonderfull way to get your heart and spirt back into something you love.

I just have some down times. So just throw puns & jokes

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

Ivan, I’d totally help you with fractals if you’re around and abouts when I’m online. I’ll also wrangle Franco out of Arah where you’ve got him practicing soloing. ^_~

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: Minigrump.4961

Minigrump.4961

I do not know why but everytime I see this I cringe in pain just thinking about what is going to happen. It pains me to think of what they will change or “fix” next.

Attachments:

Jiyn.3158

I do not know why but everytime I see this I cringe in pain just thinking about what is going to happen. It pains me to think of what they will change or “fix” next.

Think the worst…that way anything you hear “should” be better

Never trust a Stormcrow.

J Eberle.9312

What is this collecting and trading O_o

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

That prestige armor thread is literally giving me cancer.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Jiyn.3158

What is this collecting and trading O_o

IDK but I hope we can buy karma…I’m so deprived

Never trust a Stormcrow.

J Eberle.9312

But maaaan there is dry top now! Karma heaven! So much fun!

Lilith Ajit.6173

I hope I can buy a forum Perma ban on both my accounts so I can finally be at peace.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

Jiyn.3158

But maaaan there is dry top now! Karma heaven! So much fun!

Yep so much fun…hence why I spend all day there! -.-

Rather…idk…kitten kitten and moar kitten…

Never trust a Stormcrow.

Jiyn.3158

I hope I can buy a forum Perma ban on both my accounts so I can finally be at peace.

Nope…rather keep you suffering.

Never trust a Stormcrow.

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Well, to give them credit, they were the people who introduced me to dungeons in this game in the first place, and made me love this part of the game. I did my whole dungeon master title on my main account, and most of my 2nd account, with them, learned a lot, and had tons of fun.

It’s just that eventually I kept evolving past the point they were comfortable at. I like to try different things, learn to do things differently, and overall improve my way of playing. To them, the definition of a successful dungeon run does not depend on the time the run takes, but rather how often people are (not) downed. As such, me trying to learn to use the onehand sword on my mesmer or ranger made them uncomfortable.

It’s still sad. Even more so if you stay alive while going melee.

@Lilith: What prestige armor thread?

Lilith Ajit.6173

Sorry I don’t want you to contract eye cancer. #FriendsDontLetFriendsReadCancer

[ARES]

NovaanVerdiano.6174

This makes me curious. I’m somewhat intrigued to search this thread, but at the same time I’m too lazy. kitten .

Lilith Ajit.6173

This makes me curious. I’m somewhat intrigued to search this thread, but at the same time I’m too lazy. kitten .

I mean you could check my forum posts and you’d find it on the first page lol. It’s in general discussion

[ARES]

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

J Eberle.9312

There should be a unique armour set for people who have done +500 hours of roleplaying in divinity’s reach.

Lilith Ajit.6173

There should be a unique armour set for people who have done +500 hours of roleplaying in divinity’s reach.

Attachments:

[ARES]

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Thank y- OH MY GOD WHAT IS THIS.

@Lilith: Yeah… I always forget that I can check posts.

Lilith Ajit.6173

filthy roleplayers >:(

Baby, come to my applied development lab so I can develop your definition of the word “filthy”.

[ARES]

J Eberle.9312

Baby, come to my applied development lab so I can develop your definition of the word “filthy”.

oOOoOOOOooOOOooh I might have to take you up on that XD

deSade.9437

Thanks for giving me shivers.
They’re gonna pull off another stunt and throw the game upside down, destroying any fun I had left in the game.
After the wardrobe I was so happy… so happy… and then…

May I join? Sounds…. quite…. fun.

(edited by deSade.9437)

Lilith Ajit.6173

Thanks for giving me shivers.
They’re gonna pull off another stunt and throw the game upside down, destroying any fun I had left in the game.
After the wardrobe I was so happy… so happy… and then…

May I join? Sounds…. quite…. fun.

Of course you can. Bring your mesmer though so I can… well. You know.

[ARES]

deSade.9437

Hmmmmmm.

deSade.9437

Resuscita o forum