Golds from dungeon is killing the economy

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

How is me pocketing my gold from my tour. And then spending it on the trading post for stuff ruining the economy?

sounds like its pretty balanced to me.

Posted by: SundayTrash.9562

SundayTrash.9562

How is me pocketing my gold from my tour. And then spending it on the trading post for stuff ruining the economy?

spending on tp only remove 15% of the stuff u brough, there is still going to be a excess amount of 25.5g. and its not just u, u have to remember there are also tens of thousand other player doing the same tour.

(edited by SundayTrash.9562)

Posted by: SpeedFiend.4521

SpeedFiend.4521

So what I’m getting here is that the esteemed OP wants to make more legendaries, therefore the game needs to accommodate this by lowering the prices of the stuff he needs by making it drop more. Since this wouldn’t be good enough, the game should also cut off the only real way to actually put more gold into the economy. Dungeons were positively not worth doing before the dungeon gold patch, and with the laughable 1.5g pittance most of them pay (one whole time per day), they’re not really worth doing post patch either considering 15 minutes of TP pvp will net you several times that without the risks of super dungeon pub fun time. If you want to go back to the good ole glory days where you had to think long and hard about going to Blazeridge to kill the Shatterer because you ended up at a net loss after paying 5s to WP there and back, I guess that’s cool.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

The problem I have with this idea is that it still does nothing to address the lack of gold sinks; reducing the production of gold from dungeons is a long term solution as the wealthiest of players would still be playing with thousands of gold and effectively dictating the price (either directly or indirectly) of everything on the TP. It would take months, or maybe even years (depending on how bad the situation is, only ANet knows), for prices to normalize, in which time you’ll have new players coming in every day and being turned off by the massively inflated prices and terrible gold drop rate.

And for a game that is supposed to be marketed toward casuals, I don’t believe ANet would want to accidentally make themselves out to be another Lineage 2 in terms of gear/gold grind.

Posted by: Stars.2179

Stars.2179

We should cut the amount of gold gain from dungeon by half!!!
#sarcasm

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

spending on tp only remove 15% of the stuff u brough, there is still going to be a excess amount of 25.5g. and its not just u, u have to remember there are also tens of thousand other player doing the same tour.

So if we remove the “excess” 25,5 and he has no gold,how is that going to affect the
demand for the high tier items you want to buy?
Prices of items not as raw gold values,but as a percentage of the average gold per player,or the average gold income possible per player,will always be more or less the same.And the effort and time investment required to get such items is always the same.To really depreciate the value of an item and reduce the effort and time needed to get it you need to either increase the supply or reduce the demand or both.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

I believe this may be a troll thread (no offense) but what evidence is there that Dungeon gold is “killing the economy?” Because someone thinks so it is so? Seems like a post to stir up Dungeon lovers for its own sake, OR someone begrudging others the way they have chosen to enjoy the game.

I actually have not seen huge shifts in the economy for a while, though perhaps I am not buying as much as of late. Mats seem to be stable-“rare” mats still priced as expensive as they used to be, and more common mats according to the “Ascended demand”. Globs of ectoplasm have been priced similarly for many months by now, for instance.

been a massive shift over the last few days. powerful Bloods went from 49/51 -60silver.
Heavy bags are all up by about a silver from their usual prices,

(but I think this is due to more people crafting at the moment. )

SundayTrash.9562

Once again “I don’t like how people earn loot/money, because I can’t be like them” topic.

Why don’t you just try to play as you like and leave others alone? Is it too hard?

Attachments:

Posted by: HardRider.2980

HardRider.2980

So how else are people meant to make gold?
How are new people meant to afford new items?
What makes running dungeons so.. appealing?

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

SundayTrash.9562

So how else are people meant to make gold?
How are new people meant to afford new items?
What makes running dungeons so.. appealing?

additional gold can be generate at a steady rate by selling white, blue and green, (since u have to sacrific to either sell them directly to npc or savage them for essences of luck.) and through events. Gold and short paths makes dungeon appealing, but it would be more economy friendly if they replace it with rare loots and crafting mats. New player can afford new items by farming dungeons for unique loot or crafting mats to sell toward other players.

Posted by: Asgaeroth.6427

Asgaeroth.6427

Maybe the other person’s pocket was lined with Dungeon gold! Lol.

Really, all gold comes from ‘nowhere’ with the exception of Gem to Gold exchange. And really, that gold comes from the same place, as well….the developers of the game. We, as players, get ‘paid’ in gold for what we do, whether it be running dungeons, gathering mats, completing DEs or Renown Hearts….

It’s all Gold ‘created’ out of thin air. Or, if you prefer, you ‘buy’ the Gold you earn by paying ArenaNet the price of the edition of the game you bought. There! It’s not out of thin air now. =)

Gold is generated out of air, but to combat this you put gold sinks in the game that delete gold from the economy. Right now the biggest gold sink is from item flippers. They have to pay big TP fees to list items. Say they put in a buy order for an item at 600 gold and then try to list it for 900 gold. That listing and that buy order both take a fee that goes nowhere, just into thin air. The hard part of an MMO economy is making gold sinks that people will actually use and not be furious about. It’s a problem that’s plagued all MMOs with an exchangeable currency. GW2 has done fairly well with it compared to a lot of games.

I kind of think it would be cool to play an MMO that had a fixed amount of gold in the economy. Like say there’s only 500,000,000 gold coins on the whole planet. Some are in the hands of NPC businesses, some are hidden in caches around the world, some are in the hands of evil armies. The NPC shop owners will buy and sell things to try and keep a balance of the coinage, the evil NPC armies will commit raids to try and get loot from banks cities, and the players will try to play both for their own cut. What if you had to buy insurance to protect your gold from bank robberies, and if you didn’t you were at risk?

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Ropechef and his mates are making up for my entire guild of non-dungeon runners. It would be interesting to see how many players don’t run dungeons at all.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

(edited by zenleto.6179)

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

And I am not even in a group that does this regularly.

The 17 paths in 3 hours daily group is a VERY, VERY small percentage of the playerbase. like around 1%

Posted by: Phoenixlin.8624

Phoenixlin.8624

Once again “I don’t like how people earn loot/money, because I can’t be like them” topic.

Why don’t you just try to play as you like and leave others alone? Is it too hard?

What is your point? Should I be amazed by the amount of tokens and golds you have? I have %1 of your tokens and half of your gold amount since I don’t like this game’s dungeons and I can be bored pretty easy with repetitive farms. I have enough gold for me to play and if I need more gold, I have easier ways to farm it. However, it does not change the fact that this thread is another “I don’t like x, so nerf it ANet.”

Same kind of people asked for champ train nerfs. Same kind of people are still asking “Nerf wvw so we can get our world completion”. Same kind of people also are still asking “Nerf Tequatl and Wurm cause I can’t do them”. But, if you tell them adapt yourself, their only answer will be “I PLAY HOW I WANT. YOU CANT TELL ME HOW I SHOULD PLAY! kitten YOU ELITISTS!”

SundayTrash.9562

What is your point? Should I be amazed by the amount of tokens and golds you have? I have %1 of your tokens and half of your gold amount since I don’t like this game’s dungeons and I can be bored pretty easy with repetitive farms. I have enough gold for me to play and if I need more gold, I have easier ways to farm it. However, it does not change the fact that this thread is another “I don’t like x, so nerf it ANet.”

Same kind of people asked for champ train nerfs. Same kind of people are still asking “Nerf wvw so we can get our world completion”. Same kind of people also are still asking “Nerf Tequatl and Wurm cause I can’t do them”. But, if you tell them adapt yourself, their only answer will be “I PLAY HOW I WANT. YOU CANT TELL ME HOW I SHOULD PLAY! kitten YOU ELITISTS!”

you mad bro? I am not asking them to nerf dungeon path or make them ezer. I am simply stating what I though about the reward system in the game.

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

you mad bro? I am not asking them to nerf dungeon path or make them ezer. I am simply stating what I though about the reward system in the game.

No you didn’t.
You focused on gold income from dungeons,ignoring all other sources of income,
and you made no comments on the availability and supply of items.
You assumed that reducing the gold income of players will result in prices dropping.That assumption’s already been proven wrong since champ train
nerfs reduced gold gain,substantially,but that had no effect on prices,especially
the effect players calling for the nerfs hoped it would have.
Players make less gold now.Prices keep on rising.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

Posted by: Mac.3872

Mac.3872

I believe this may be a troll thread (no offense) but what evidence is there that Dungeon gold is “killing the economy?” Because someone thinks so it is so? Seems like a post to stir up Dungeon lovers for its own sake, OR someone begrudging others the way they have chosen to enjoy the game.

I actually have not seen huge shifts in the economy for a while, though perhaps I am not buying as much as of late. Mats seem to be stable-“rare” mats still priced as expensive as they used to be, and more common mats according to the “Ascended demand”. Globs of ectoplasm have been priced similarly for many months by now, for instance.

Can u name me another other source gold being directly inject into the economy other than dungeon that can generate up to 5g+ a hour per person out of no where, just by running 4 ez path.

Buying gems with real currency and converting those gems into gold.

Posted by: Malevil.2104

Malevil.2104

This is seriously joke. So you propose to kill last sensible way to actually earn money by playing the game and not by playing the trading post ? /facepalm

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

Can u name me another other source gold being directly inject into the economy other than dungeon that can generate up to 5g+ a hour per person out of no where, just by running 4 ez path.

Touché.

Posted by: Bolthar.7192

Bolthar.7192

I think the economy is doing better than it has been in the past. Prices are inflating but that is normal. This also helps player to make reasonable money by selling things on the trading post. In my opinion there needs to be more content in the game that can be done as a source of money. The copper from doing events isn’t very compelling..

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Touché.

Wrong. This does NOT create new gold, it only shifts gold from people who buy gems for gold to those who buy gold with gems, while also destroying a part of the gold.

Its the very same like selling stuff at the AH doesn’t create gold.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

SundayTrash.9562

No you didn’t.
You focused on gold income from dungeons,ignoring all other sources of income,
and you made no comments on the availability and supply of items.
You assumed that reducing the gold income of players will result in prices dropping.That assumption’s already been proven wrong since champ train
nerfs reduced gold gain,substantially,but that had no effect on prices,especially
the effect players calling for the nerfs hoped it would have.
Players make less gold now.Prices keep on rising.

As stated by my previous post how many champ bag can u farm in a hour? 20-30? Like what 1-2s a box that only total up less than 50s a hour. Remember I am only counting str8 up currencies not the other junk blues and green that u will probably end up savaging. And if u read my above post i suggest replacing gold with higher chance for mobs to drop T6 and other unique loot from dungeons mobs in terms it resolve the skipping problem and creating the necessary flow of mats in term will caz a decrease in price.

Posted by: DutchRiders.2871

DutchRiders.2871

How exactly do increasing amounts of gold hurt the gw2 economy? Please don’t make the false comparison between the TP and a real market. Secondly not that many players do even farm dungeons to the extend you describing.

Don’t get me wrong, they could just remove gold all together, and I could care less.

Posted by: Nerelith.7360

Nerelith.7360

I am not an economy student. But to what extent does having things you mine, gather, and chop, that are for all intents and purposes unlimited, because if you have 50 people at one node…Instead of it being 1 node it’s 50 …contribute to inflation? The way i see it… 1 is " real" and 49 are created out of thin air.

The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

If you could prove that dungeon running was indeed causing inflation then you would have a point.

But you can’t, because there have been studies of the inflation rate of GW2 already done and it is non-existent. There is no inflation in GW2. Removing dungeon rewards would put us on a path of deflation, which is just as bad as inflation.

Nerelith.7360

If you could prove that dungeon running was indeed causing inflation then you would have a point.

But you can’t, because there have been studies of the inflation rate of GW2 already done and it is non-existent. There is no inflation in GW2. Removing dungeon rewards would put us on a path of deflation, which is just as bad as inflation.

Can you provide a Link to the studies?

The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Think about it for a sec. What other elements in the game generate more out of nothing other than dungeon.

I thought about it. It didn’t take long.

World bosses. Stand in one place at a pre-determined time, press 1 repeatedly, win rewards. Rewards that generally add up to 1-2 gold or even more if you get an exotic or highly valued rare. And all can be done in about 15 minutes and in many cases, much less.

Nerf everything! Everything is killing the economy! The economy is killing the economy! Kill it!

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

ZudetGambeous.9573

I’m headed out now, I will try and dig it up later this afternoon. It was on the trading post forums a few months back. If you make a post over there I am sure someone can get you the link before I get home. If not i’ll try and find it later.

Nerelith.7360

I’m headed out now, I will try and dig it up later this afternoon. It was on the trading post forums a few months back. If you make a post over there I am sure someone can get you the link before I get home. If not i’ll try and find it later.

No no no, that’s Now How it works, I am not gonna go on a Hunt for your precious studies. YOU brought them up…YOU post the links.

I can almost read your next thread.." I can’t find it. But trust me."

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

It is not that their is more gold in the market, more like their is less supply and the demand is staying about the same. Banned bots prices increase, nerf champion farming prices increase, so on get the idea? With the champ farming nerf, more people are doing dungeons for gold instead of open world farming. Open world farming is were a a majority of the common crafting mats come from. In a dungeon you kill a few mobs but in open world you hundred of them. It is just a decrease in the available crafting mat on the market.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

Beldin.5498

Think about it for a sec. What other elements in the game generate more out of nothing other than dungeon.

I thought about it. It didn’t take long.

World bosses. Stand in one place at a pre-determined time, press 1 repeatedly, win rewards. Rewards that generally add up to 1-2 gold or even more if you get an exotic or highly valued rare. And all can be done in about 15 minutes and in many cases, much less.

Nerf everything! Everything is killing the economy! The economy is killing the economy! Kill it!

Whats so hard to understand what new generates Gold is ?? Even if the boss drops a precursor the new generated Gold is only 1s20c or whatever is in the bag.

The precursor is mostly sold at the TP and will even remove some Gold from the economy.

In the end the inflation is however not really relevant for traders and people that farm materials, since the mats get more worth with the time because everyone has more money .. the funny thing is that at some point the fixed money from dungeons will maybe bring then people to cry that dungeons don’t give enough.

I mean .. people are already constantly crying about T6 blood .. but i hope that it will reach 1g at one point because then i can start to laugh at everyone that things : just run dungeons and buy everything from the gold you get there.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Open world. I bet that vendored common drops generate way, way more gold than dungeons. Especially seeing as dungeons are being run by only a small minority of players, and everyone does open world content of some kind.

ladies and gentlement, give this man a clap. 30g may not seem alot but time that by 4 of ur friends, and now u have a excess of 150g pump into the economy, times that by thousand of other 5man player, now u have excess of 150,000g dump into the economy that in no way can be effectively remove.

Bullkitten. for every player that done a full dungeon run like that every day, you will have at least a thousand players that earned more than 3 silver from direct open world drops on the same day. And that’s only to equal the gold income – most likely it will be more than a thousand players, and way over 3 silver. If we were to check gold generation in this game, i bet dungeons would not make even top three spots.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Beldin.5498

Open world. I bet that vendored common drops generate way, way more gold than dungeons. Especially seeing as dungeons are being run by only a small minority of players, and everyone does open world content of some kind.

Before the MF changes, when i still vendored all the trash i found, i made maybe something like 50s / h from that when i farmed one hour mobs in frostgorge for T6 mats.

However .. i wished that thread had been opened in the BLTC Forum, since then maybe John Smith would have to say something, since he has the numbers.

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

Why didn’t you make this thread in the dungeon subforum so everyone could enjoy Bingo?

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

OP, I completely agree with your assessment. If you gave a little more presentation in your initial post, I think it would have been better received. Though you appear to be thinking logically and rationally about how to potentially curb inflation and balance player income across the varied play styles. Which, I don’t believe is Anets long term goal. Inflation on “luxury items” (exotics and up) are good for gems sales. Having “Haves and Have Not’s” are good for gems sales too. Or, at least that what appears to be the going theory.

My biggest gripe is that gold sinks are very generalized and non scaling to the gold fountains in game. The LA donations in the CP is a very good example of a targeted gold sink. I’m hoping for more like those in the future.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Enaretos.8079

Enaretos.8079

Dear OP,

You seem to have issues understanding how the economy in GW2 works, “dungeons making too much gold” wise.

As such, being a regular dungeon runner, I will try to explain it to you in simple terms.

First, let’s assume that the price of items is dictated by offer and demand.
Example : the legendary precursor Dusk. It was at 600g, then rose up, spiked even to 2K (OMG), went down to 1K, etc…

By looking at such fluctuations we can understand how pricing works in GW2 as opposed to real life : in real life, item price = cost of sold goods +an average price for work hours divided by number of products + indirect costs + MARGIN (this is simplified because OP is dumb).
In a game, item price = what players are willing to pay that still gives me profits.

Dusk went to 2K because someone thought a player would buy it at this price. The buy order in the meantime went to 1,5K because there was a player willing to pay this. This teaches us about “willingness to buy”. You are willing to buy only if you have money to spend. Dungeon gold is thus going to be redistributed.

The fact that you can make 10s selling your orichalcum ingot is because gold has circulated enough so that everyone agrees it is a fair price and thus buy from you.

If you really want to understand the economy in gw2 you need to stop trying to use rl models : not everyone gets gold every day and we sure get different amounts. Try to see gold just like a t6 mat. Some people farm t6 mats. Others farm gold. Then they exchange gold for t6. The t6 seller gets gold and can exchange said gold against something else. We do not have a state regulating the system. It only survives because gold constantly appears and moves among players.

As such the reward system is pretty good because everyone can do what they want yet get their hands on the currency that is gold, be it by creating it or by exchanging what they created (mats) against it. Gold sinks are present and every player “suffers” from them.

Now get your act together and try again with good arguments.

By the way for those who wanted the inflation research, sadly the site isn’t available anymore. It was at this address : http://gw2trading.net/report/inflation

Snow Crows member since January 2014
My Twitch

Nerelith.7360

The Six Forbid. What do you want Communism? If he puts In the time, and energy to do dungeons shouldn’t he be rewarded for it?

Posted by: Errant.1942

Errant.1942

Even if dungeons create money, it pales compared to open world generating money.

A small subset of the players actually actively does dungeons. Let’s say for every 5 dungeon players, there’s 45 non-dungeon players. Rough estimate of 10% dungeoneers, which is probably a pretty generous estimate.

Let’s say our trusty dungeroons do a couple of dungeon paths. Let’s ignore Arah for a second, and assume an average dungeon party. Let’s say they manage to do AC p1, AC p3, SE p1 and TA up in 1 hour (again, a very generous estimate for the average dungeon party). This in total will generate 5.2 gold + drops per player. Let’s say merching all the drops nets around 80 silver, so we can round it up to 6 gold in that hour. Again a pretty generous estimate. This means our trusty dungeroonies have generated about 30 gold in that hour while playing dungeons.

Let’s say our 45 play-how-I-wanties have been playing open world as well, doing events, getting drops, etc. How poorly need they be rewarded in order to break even with our trusty dungeroonero’s? They would need to generate a mere 66.66 silver per person in that hour to break even with the dungeroofies. I’m pretty sure one can generate a lot more money (I’m not talking about mats and the likes, but money from merching drops) in that 1 hour timespan that a simple 66 silver and 66 copper.

Oh but wait, there is more. Once our dungerdoodles have done all their daily paths, their money generating crimes are done. They can’t do any more horrible deeds to GW2’s poor economy. But in the meantime, all your open-worlderoons are still generating gold non-stop, by a lot bigger margin than dungeon runners are.

TL;DR leave the dungeroofiedoodles alone

Not so Bright | Death and Taxes [DnT]

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

…balance player income across the varied play styles.

/scene

Posted by: Bread.7516

Bread.7516

No study, no proof, no evidence, no mention of any qualification to have an opinion that carries weight, did not even present any factors to support his argument.

top score.

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

make dungeons grant you wealth, not gold. problem solved.

any time you have a huge source of pure coinage, it invariably needs to have an equivalent necessary and sufficient sink, because otherwise the currency will be used for other things, driving prices ever higher.

ive seen it happen exactly the same way in other games, where a new release eliminates an old sink or introduces a new source and 2 years laters the price of everything added a 0 and people look around saying “well it cant be inflation” because they cant remember what the game was like before the guilty release.

dungeon gold is a problem.

give people something they have to sell on the tp instead of pure currency.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Artasqweroldy.7458

Artasqweroldy.7458

I think dungeons are still the hardest PvE content (together with Fractals). To actually finish 17 Paths in 3 Hours you need to be REALLY fast, most players dont achieve that speed (no one in my former Guild for example).
But I agree that the rewards for Dungeons should be changed, not nerfed though, as Dungeons, especially if finished that fast, require a higher skill level than farming cp or World bosses, and im still one of those naive people that believe that higher skills should lead to higher rewards.

My suggestion would be to nerf the amount of money, one gets from Dungeons but buff the drops from Dungeons.

Humans aren´t real

Posted by: Nemesis.2019

Nemesis.2019

Dungeons are for people who don’t play the Auction House, we play the game…

ZudetGambeous.9573

No no no, that’s Now How it works, I am not gonna go on a Hunt for your precious studies. YOU brought them up…YOU post the links.

I can almost read your next thread.." I can’t find it. But trust me."

No need to trust me. I’m home now, here is the link to the study:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/Gold-Inflation-Research/first#post3649291

Here is the link to the current inflation discussion in the bltc section of the forums:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/Inflation-2/first

You can also refer to the post about half way down the first page by John Smith, the games economist who states pretty flat out that there is no inflation and you are dumb if you think otherwise. (He’s a pretty blunt guy lol)

Enjoy.

Posted by: blizt.9581

blizt.9581

Unlikely to ever happen but if it ever does.

I want my dungeon karma back and dungeons and their tokens should be character bound again, one way or another you could always make lots of gold from dungeons before and now.

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

I think dungeons are still the hardest PvE content (together with Fractals). To actually finish 17 Paths in 3 Hours you need to be REALLY fast, most players dont achieve that speed (no one in my former Guild for example).
But I agree that the rewards for Dungeons should be changed, not nerfed though, as Dungeons, especially if finished that fast, require a higher skill level than farming cp or World bosses, and* im still one of those naive people* that believe that higher skills should lead to higher rewards.

My suggestion would be to nerf the amount of money, one gets from Dungeons but buff the drops from Dungeons.

Course you are, you’re one of those people who are able to take advantage of higher skilled content >.>

I don’t think higher skill should reward “more”, but like fractals, they should have unique rewards. Skins/mini’s

Posted by: Anierna.6918

Anierna.6918

I am generally critical of Anet and its employees. Experience has taught me not to put much faith in them. However, John Smith, their economist, is one of the few exceptions. He is doing a good job.

Players like SundayTrash should: 1) learn some basic economics; and 2) look at John Smith’s post history and how the GW2 economy has changed over the last 2 years to realize that John’s competent.

Posted by: Syn Sity.5826

Syn Sity.5826

You might want to consider taking an economics class at some point.

Literally perfect.

[DnT]

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

Of course there is inflation. Time has passed since the launch. There is always inflation. If you’re looking at players with over 10k gold as your standard, you’re looking in the wrong places. They’re not making money from dungeons.

Removing the income from dungeons is about the dumbest thing you could do. That is the equivalent of taking away jobs. Remove the dungeon rewards and you destroy the middle class of GW2. The market doesn’t care who owns the money or mats. As long as that money continues to grow and holdings in the BLTP grow, the market will continue to inflate.

Essentially by removing dungeon rewards you will destroy the middle class of GW2, cripple the people that actually feed a healthy economy, and yet do very little to stop inflation since the majority of accruing wealth in the game is in the hands of TP flippers.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

SundayTrash.9562

Okay let me make this clear. First anet nerf all the open world and all other source of farming, second they bloated the economy by directly injecting gold into economy, third the ppl in the first feel rejected and flood to dungeons, this in terms resulting in less mats and more gold being generated from dungeon.
And lastly of all gathering node, rares, exo, precursor does not equal game generating more gold, they actually help the economy by increasing the supply and removing some of the excess gold by selling it through the tp.
Also ppl that are saying what about the blue and the green from open world? Ever since they implemented the newly MF system, ppl have been savaging then for essence of luck instead if vendoring it.