Golds from dungeon is killing the economy

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: SundayTrash.9562

SundayTrash.9562

If anyone ever read all my previous post instead of skipping it toward the end, u would understand that i suggest dungeon should implement unique loot and improve drop from mobs, like crafting mats instead of str8 up handing u gold at the end of the run. This would also resolve the speed run problem.

Posted by: Laar.5476

Laar.5476

This would also resolve the speed run problem.

Hahaha, when you say the “speed run problem” do you actually mean the “I don’t like people doing things better than me, I want to wear clerics and do stuff just as fast problem”?

SundayTrash.9562

Hahaha, when you say the “speed run problem” do you actually mean the “I don’t like people doing things better than me, I want to wear clerics and do stuff just as fast problem”?

Read the whole post, I do speed run as well, but what I am trying to say is that if they improve the drop of trash mobs, like chances at t6 crafting mats, ppl would be willing to kill mobs.
Remember how Fractal used to be, and ppl kill all the trash mob on their way to Jade Maw because they have high chances of dropping exo, rare, onyx lodestone and t6 crafting mats.

Posted by: Raziel.4216

Raziel.4216

I guess you missed his screenshots with nearly 1k gold & thousands of tokens, try reading the whole topic before you reply.

If Legend of Zelda came out tomorrow, the usual
forum dwellers would go nuts about the need to
“grind” to get exp, new swords, new potions etc

Posted by: Ettanin.8271

Ettanin.8271

You might want to consider taking an economics class at some point.

Sry but what happen when u have a economy that continue to print money without regulating it and ways to effectively way to take it out of circulation. Money become worthless.

If you wish to remove anything that prints money, then Gold to Gem and Gem to Gold has to be removed also, which is one of ArenaNet’s/NCSoft’s main revenue sources (and which is why gems grow more and more expensive, because players converted more gold to gems than gems to gold). Not going to happen.

Raziel.4216

You might want to consider taking an economics class at some point.

Sry but what happen when u have a economy that continue to print money without regulating it and ways to effectively way to take it out of circulation. Money become worthless.

If you wish to remove anything that prints money, then Gold to Gem and Gem to Gold has to be removed also, which is one of ArenaNet’s/NCSoft’s main revenue sources (and which is why gems grow more and more expensive, because players converted more gold to gems than gems to gold). Not going to happen.

Reply taken from page 2

Wrong. This does NOT create new gold, it only shifts gold from people who buy gems for gold to those who buy gold with gems, while also destroying a part of the gold.

Its the very same like selling stuff at the AH doesn’t create gold.

Posted by: Enaretos.8079

Enaretos.8079

I guess you missed his screenshots with nearly 1k gold & thousands of tokens, try reading the whole topic before you reply.

So, the study done by the admin of gw2trading was super good, shme you are only a newcomer to the economic qestions and didn’ have the opportunity to read it.

1K gold is zilsch IMO. I make that in a month of dungeon running. Add basic TP activities and I’m at 4-5K gold a month.

Thus, it doesn’ prove his point at all. OP has no clue what he’s talking about. You neither. And John Smith knows what he’s doing by the way.

Snow Crows member since January 2014
My Twitch

Raziel.4216

So, the study done by the admin of gw2trading was super good, shme you are only a newcomer to the economic qestions and didn’ have the opportunity to read it.

Feel free to provide a link that’s not down.
Otherwise I’ma have to call on my other study, here on www.lolwut.co.com if that link doesnt work it’s k, trust me on this.

1K gold is zilsch IMO. I make that in a month of dungeon running. Add basic TP activities and I’m at 4-5K gold a month.

Irrelevant

Thus, it doesn’ prove his point at all. OP has no clue what he’s talking about. You neither. And John Smith knows what he’s doing by the way.

You missed the point, people tried to call him out and missed his hours-old reply, try again.

SundayTrash.9562

Again u fail to understand that out of 1K u gain from dungeon ur not really pumping additional gold from tp activities since it has to come out of someone elses pocket. Tp activity actually benefit the ecnomy by remove some currency from circulation.
Admin of gw2trading create posts to pump and dump.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Again u fail to understand that out of 1K u gain from dungeon ur not really pumping additional gold from tp activities since it has to come out of someone elses pocket. Tp activity actually benefit the ecnomy by remove some currency from circulation.

Without enough coming in though prices would just go down and down. The idea is to keep things stable, not to make them plummet or to make them shoot up.

I think they’ve done a far better job in this game than they have in any game i’ve played in the past /shrug.

SundayTrash.9562

Without enough coming in though prices would just go down and down. The idea is to keep things stable, not to make them plummet or to make them shoot up.

I think they’ve done a far better job in this game than they have in any game i’ve played in the past /shrug.

This is why I suggest replacing gold with mats. Improve dungeon mobs drop like having chances of dropping T6, small amount og currency like couple of copper to a silver. Dungeon boss will have better chance at dropping rare, exo, while end boss have chances of dropping unique loot.
Remember how Fractal was b4 they nerf the mob drop to oblivion. remember how they would have high chances of dropping exo, and even tho fractal wasn’t rewarding ppl still do them for the skin.

Jerus.4350

This is why I suggest replacing gold with mats. Improve dungeon mobs drop like having chances of dropping T6, small amount og currency like couple of copper to a silver. Dungeon boss will have better chance at dropping rare, exo, while end boss have chances of dropping unique loot.
Remember how Fractal was b4 they nerf the mob drop to oblivion. remember how they would have high chances of dropping exo, and even tho fractal wasn’t rewarding ppl still do them for the skin.

That’s exactly it though, that’d reverse the situation, so instead of a slow crawl upwards, it’d be a pretty decent shot downwards.

If you’re right in that there are thousands of gold flooding the market daily, then cutting off that stream would have pretty major implications to the economy wouldn’kitten Why is a big shot down better than a slow trickle upwards?

Question the amount, ask that maybe it be dropped from 1g to 80silver and inject some more mats into the rewards would be a reasonable request I think as in the time I’ve been playing there has been a decent trickle upwards in the costs. But asking that it be cut down to a couple silver… that’s dangerous.

SundayTrash.9562

That’s exactly it though, that’d reverse the situation, so instead of a slow crawl upwards, it’d be a pretty decent shot downwards.

If you’re right in that there are thousands of gold flooding the market daily, then cutting off that stream would have pretty major implications to the economy wouldn’kitten Why is a big shot down better than a slow trickle upwards?

Question the amount, ask that maybe it be dropped from 1g to 80silver and inject some more mats into the rewards would be a reasonable request I think as in the time I’ve been playing there has been a decent trickle upwards in the costs. But asking that it be cut down to a couple silver… that’s dangerous.

My suggestion is up to the players, the more mobs they kill the currency they would make per run.

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

This is not about nerfing the rewards people are getting from dungeons, but about changing them in a way that doesn’t directly introduce so much gold into the system.
If a dungeon path would grant 3 t6 materials on its daily bonus chest instead of the current 1 gold, not only the inflation would be smaller but the player would actually be gaining even more wealth than before.

There’s also a second benefit attached to this kind of change. If every dungeon path would grant specific and different tradeable rewards (materials, skins, …), the market would eventually get flooded with those from the most popular paths (usually because they’re easier/faster), making prices to go down and effectively reducing the profit of those paths. On the other hand, items from the harder/longer ones would become scarcer and rise in price, achieving a more balanced and fair reward distribution between dungeons, something that ANet has not been able to properly set.

SundayTrash.9562

u also notice how some dungeon have optional event, like the giants near the end of arah p4, or the bridge part in cof, or the hound boss in CM p2.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

You can also refer to the post about half way down the first page by John Smith, the games economist who states pretty flat out that there is no inflation and you are dumb if you think otherwise. (He’s a pretty blunt guy lol)

He does not state that inflation does not exist (which would be untrue, by the way). He states that it is not a major problem for GW2. Whether he is right on this is a matter for another debate, though.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

SundayTrash.9562

If ur a economist, would u admit on screwing up? as for admin of gw2trading u seriously gonna believe he or she is not using it to his or her advantage to control the market?

Posted by: Nerelith.7360

Nerelith.7360

You can also refer to the post about half way down the first page by John Smith, the games economist who states pretty flat out that there is no inflation and you are dumb if you think otherwise. (He’s a pretty blunt guy lol)

He does not state that inflation does not exist (which would be untrue, by the way). He states that it is not a major problem for GW2. Whether he is right on this is a matter for another debate, though.

We also need to remember who butters his bread, I’ll give you a hint, it’s not us.

Just because he says it’s not Major problem, doesn’t tell us for whom it’s not a Major problem , or what he considers a major problem. Are we talking single digit inflation? Double-digit inflation? Hyper-inflation?

What is HIS defenition of Major?

Secondly, something might NOT be a major problem for Anet, but be a Major problem for the players.

Thirdly, since Anet butters his bread, part of his responsibilities is stabilizing the market. Even if it means… spinning the facts. Just because an employee of Anet says " all is well" is No reason to toss out the evidence of your own eyes.

John Smith says not a major problem. My eyes see Inflation. As I said… For whom is John Smith saying that inflation is not a major problem??

Us?

Anet?

Our interests are not Anet’s interests, and neither is Anet’s ours.

Who butters John Smith’s bread?

Just remembered this lol:

The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.

(edited by Nerelith.7360)

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

The players’ problem is that dungeons are constantly generating more and more gold, whereas most needed materials(t6, lodestones) are not that common to worth farming, so players rather go to dungeons and buy them, boosting material prices, and increasing demand, while supplies are not growing.
BUT!
After those prices get extremely high, ppl will consider farming the materials instead of dungeons, so the economy will rebalance itself. – At least in terms of the value of gold and the value of materials.

I don’t think it’s a good idea to wait for that… because…
Goods with fix price (commander tag, cultural armors) are getting extremely common, and easy to get.

I’d suggest Anet to replace (even if just partially) dungeon gold rewards with materials(t6, pure ecto with no RNG, core&lodestone), that ppl can sell on TP, but not generating more gold.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

If the gold rewards from dungeons are removed, there also needs to be a matching increase in the drop rate of the rare/expensive mats that players are after in order to keep the economy in balance. Otherwise, all that will happen is that the wealthy players will become even more wealthy as they have the existing capital to buy up and hoard desired items and make things even more miserable for the average player.

Posted by: Shift Focus.9083

Shift Focus.9083

If they Nerf dungeon loot and gold i’m quitting this game, no reason to play a game with crap ways of making money, not spending real money each month to convert gems into gold, rather spend my time elsewhere.

Posted by: IvanTheGrey.2941

IvanTheGrey.2941

I think this is a very interesting discussion, as someone brought up something similar a couple of weeks ago asking for an increase in dungeon rewards, and iirc, I replied with something similar.

A couple of questions that I think would be relevant to the discussion:
A) Do you feel that there was a spike of inflation around the time that the dungeon rewards were changed?
B) Did you “feel” the spike of inflation when CoF was farmed by everyone and their mother?
C) Forgive me if you answered this in a previous statement, but do you feel that coin rewards should be removed completely from dungeons? If so, what should they be replaced with, and how would that be different than the currency that’s in place now?

I would very much like to see this study that you’re talking about. I would appreciate a link if you have a moment.

I don’t feel that there’s been a spike of inflation since champ farming has been nerfed and dungeon rewards have become the “carrot” that I think you’re saying they are. The only massive price increase I’ve seen has come because of the advent of the wardrobe system, which spiked precursors because you can have account-bound legendary weapons now.

If I am wrong, please correct me. I love dungeon rewards the way they are now, but I do wonder if there’s an effect on inflation that’s happening because of them.

Posted by: imbalancedhero.3968

imbalancedhero.3968

I am amazed that gems isnt a key point in this argument.

More gold in economy =more gold converted to gems =higher gem value = more people spend real money = the most imporant thing for a non subscription game

less gold=less people buy gems = dead game.

Arenanets definition of a healthy economy is different from yours and thatss the way it should be

Nerelith.7360

More gold in economy =more gold converted to gems =higher gem value = more people spend real money = the most imporant thing for a non subscription game

Arenanets definition of a healthy economy is different from yours and thatss the way it should be

Megaserver

The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.

IvanTheGrey.2941

Megaserver

How do you figure?

Nerelith.7360

Megaserver

How do you figure?

Dead servers… hemmorhaging population, leads to megaserver.

Megaserver says that the game is dieing.

IvanTheGrey.2941

Megaserver

How do you figure?

Dead servers… hemmorhaging population, leads to megaserver.

Megaserver says that the game is dieing.

Ahhh…. I see. That in turn would lead to the assumption that the gold from dungeons is definitely contributing to the increase in prices that we see on the bltp. I see your argument now. I don’t agree, but I see where you’re coming from.

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

Think about it for a sec. What other elements in the game generate more out of nothing other than dungeon.

Tradingpost.
Seriously, who has more money? The employee or the banker? Is it the employee’s fault that the banker gets so much money?

Fix the tradingpost first, then we can talk again.

IvanTheGrey.2941

How would you fix the trading post? Just curious. I’ve heard this said many times, but don’t understand what the big deal is. The tp players spend as much time on the tp as we do practicing to get good at dungeons, and in reality, more. There’s manipulation, which isn’t cool of course, but other than that, why does the trading post need to be fixed?

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

How would you fix the trading post? Just curious. I’ve heard this said many times, but don’t understand what the big deal is. The tp players spend as much time on the tp as we do practicing to get good at dungeons, and in reality, more. There’s manipulation, which isn’t cool of course, but other than that, why does the trading post need to be fixed?

One idea (this is neither final nor optimal) would be to implement a third type, in addition to soulbound and accountbound, which prevents the reselling of the item on the tradingpost, which should apply to all items buyed from the trading post and all items harvested, crafted or forged out of items which got buyed from the trading post.

The reason why the traidingpost flipping shouldn’t exsist is pretty simple: If you want to play stock exchange, play a Stock Exchange Simulator. Playing stock exchange shouldn’t be the reason to play GuildWars 2 and it shouldn’t be possible either.

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

Gems are actually very important in this matter because gold-to-gem conversion is, along with TP taxes, the most important gold sink in the game (the fact that gem price keeps rising indicates that there’s more people exchanging gold for gems than the opposite).

Gem price will keep going up until it becomes high enough to balance both exchanges. Having more gold in the system doesn’t make people to get more gems with it, it just determines how high the exchaneg ratio will eventually peak.

The funny thing is that, the closer to the exchange balance, the larger the inflation becomes, decreasing gold value and making gem to gold exchange less interesting.
Relying on gold to gem exchange to keep the inflation at bay basically pushes against a stable gem value, which I don’t think it’s a healthy situation at all.

Jerus.4350

My suggestion is up to the players, the more mobs they kill the currency they would make per run.

So your problem is not the money but that people speed run?

Posted by: imbalancedhero.3968

imbalancedhero.3968

Gems are actually very important in this matter because gold-to-gem conversion is, along with TP taxes, the most important gold sink in the game (the fact that gem price keeps rising indicates that there’s more people exchanging gold for gems than the opposite).

Gem price will keep going up until it becomes high enough to balance both exchanges. Having more gold in the system doesn’t make people to get more gems with it, it just determines how high the exchaneg ratio will eventually peak.

The funny thing is that, the closer to the exchange balance, the larger the inflation becomes, decreasing gold value and making gem to gold exchange less interesting.
Relying on gold to gem exchange to keep the inflation at bay basically pushes against a stable gem value, which I don’t think it’s a healthy situation at all.

I am not going to pretend I know how the gw2 market works ( i dont play enough) but my reasoning is this.

If large amounts of gold earned by players resulted in arenanet earning less money then they would have nerfed the gold farm in a blink of an eye. But no, they didnt nerf the gold farm instead they nerfed the materials (champion) farming instead. That is all I have for my argument.

Nerelith.7360

I think the worst thing to happen to MMO’s is this idea that selling in game gold for cash is the best way to fight 3rd party gold farmers that sell Gold against Eula and ToS.

It feels very much like " if you can’t beat them join them."

the developer has a conflict of interest.

Some in the player base will color anything remotely questionable as being of nefarious purpose,

and… The mere appearance of self serving design decisions will be greeted with a raised eyebrow and suspicion.

There was a time when buying in game gold was wrong. not because it was bought from a 3rd party gold trader, but because it was WRONG. Players were expected to PLAY the game to acquire gold, not swipe a credit card.

I really do thing that selling convenience , No biggy…+ 50 % xp per Kill for an hour potions.. no big deal.

But selling Gold just puts too many things into a different perspective when players know that the devs have a conflict between what will make the in game economy the best, and what will generate the greatest gem sales, and gem to gold conversions.

When looked at from that perspective, things like DR in game, just don’t seem to be purely about " holding inflation down"…

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

If large amounts of gold earned by players resulted in arenanet earning less money then they would have nerfed the gold farm in a blink of an eye.

They’ve done this several times since release.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

I don’t believe you have any sort of evidence that would indicate that gold from dungeons is killing the economy.

1. You are right that gold is created by completing dungeons (generated from the game engine and injected into the player economy). However, money creation is only one part of the equation in determining if inflation is happening. You also need to consider if the amount of product that is also created and put into the economy as well.

Inflation can be considered “too much money chasing too few goods”. Now… can you say that the player population is unable to produce enough material goods to absorb the amount of money “printed”?

How much product is created? Well that’s hard to say without being John Smith and having access to the database. Even researching on GW2Spidy won’t tell you the rate at which products are created.

But let’s take an educated guess. I recently put in a buy order at 1.93 silver for 1,000 silk scrap. It took approximately 4 minutes from the time I received my first piece to when I received my last piece. So while it’s not a direct translation from item creation to TP, let’s say that the player population creates approximately 15k scraps of silk per hour. Let’s say that the average value of a scrap of silk is 2 silver, just to make it a nice round number. That means that we generate 300gold worth of silk scraps per hour in materials. That’s 7200 gold worth of silk scraps per day. That’s for one item amongst hundreds that are generated by the system.

2. How much gold is actually created from Dungeons? You have no idea how much. We don’t have numbers of actual players actively playing the game, or actively doing dungeon runs per day. Is the dungeon running population 1,000 people? 5,000 people? What’s the average amount of gold generated per player from dungeons? And can you consider it a significant amount compared to the total amount of gold generated from other sources? Without any form of evidence – you don’t even have circumstantial evidence – your suggestion that gold from dungeons is killing the economy is merely an opinion.

3. A low amount of inflation is actually healthy for an economy. It encourages people to not hoard their money, but to purchase goods. At the same time, low amounts of inflation avoids turning currency into something valueless as a high amount of inflation would. The US economy generally sees a trend of about 2-3% increase in CPI (a general indicator of how much inflation is happening) and is generally considered by economists as a good thing.

Interestingly, deflation actually can be a problem as well as it encourages people to hoard their money and can cause a stagnant economy.

4. Only looking at inflation is not a pure indicator of economic health. The most relied on indicator of economic health is GDP, and often Real GDP (which takes into account inflation when you compare across years). GDP basically takes a look at how much product is being produced/sold (depending on the version you wanna use). So the more product that people create – whether through farming or world boss trains, or whatever – the more robust our GDP.

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Gold didn’t inflate.

Anet simply cut out most T6 generating events.
Also they nerfed the mystic Forge hard (if you still havent noticed…..) and put insane supply sinks (silk) in the game.

Its like during war, people might have few money, but the lack of supply makes the money itself useless…

And people that can control the low supplies can also dictate prices.

Afaik most people i know nowaday has way less gold than 6 months ago.
And we have again people unable to level crafting, get ascended stuff and so on.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Tree.3916

Tree.3916

As has been pointed out in every similar thread on the BLTC forum: prices increasing is not the same as inflation so long as purchasing power increases at the same time. In fact, the definition of inflation is when purchasing power decreases relative to prices, which is a big problem. Since people are generating more gold per hour than they were at launch it stands to reason that prices will rise. Since people are generating more gold per hour than they were at launch it stands to reason that their purchasing power is similar. Unless you have indepth analysis proving that purchasing power for an hour of gameplay’s gold is decreased, I would say don’t bother responding since all you will have is baseless conjecture.

DnT Apply today if you think you can hang with the best of the best
http://www.twitch.tv/tree_dnt || https://twitter.com/Tree_DnT
The meta is changing at an alarming rate!

Posted by: Izaya.2906

Izaya.2906

I guess you missed the sceenshot with Cavalier stats on his Eternity(I know it can be changed but he is most probably gonna run CM or just ran it standing on the gate) and Bloodlust+Accuracy Sigil which directly says he is in no way speed running any dungeons(even in daytime ones those aren’t optimal for speed running, but then again he doesn’t have another GS for nighttime dungeons too). Also downleveled for lvl 13 with 165 power, 38% crit rate and 82 ferocity just shows he isn’t geared/traited for any speed runs too.

1k gold + thousands of tokens doesn’t necessarily mean “speed running”, it just means he had time to acquire those whether it be 33 or 100 hours (non-speed running or speed running but gear/sigil choices and stats obviously says he’s not speed running lol).

Try learning what speed running dungeon involves before you reply.

(edited by Izaya.2906)

Posted by: Tree.3916

Tree.3916

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/Inflation-2

Please read this thread. People who know what they are talking about debunk the inflation panic myths.

DnT Apply today if you think you can hang with the best of the best
http://www.twitch.tv/tree_dnt || https://twitter.com/Tree_DnT
The meta is changing at an alarming rate!

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

If you are arguing that gold from dungeons is causing inflation then it is on YOU to prove that. You have the burden of proof, and there has yet to be any actual evidence posted that supports those claims. (mostly because it doesn’t exist)

Posted by: proviticus.4183

proviticus.4183

I just wanted to comment that this economy is actual near ideal situations (with respect to dungeon rewards and TP taxing).

Basically, dungeon rewards serve to give the working class an income, while TP taxes serve to pull money away from the rich upper class (as they end up paying the most TP fees).

So, take money from the rich, give it to the poor. Seems like a good system for all the people that complain about wealth inequality.

SundayTrash.9562

You guys are still missing the point, there is clearly not enough mats to match for the gold being generated from dungeons. If u look at the history of the cost, u will see that the amount you earn stays the same while prices continue to raise, its normal for 2-3% annual inflation, but the trend we’re seeing here is a monthly increase. So at the end of the day your spending power is actually getting less and less.

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

Hell yeah. Remove the dungeon gold. Players should have to work in mines for 70% of their gameplay time to make money imo. At 10 silver and hour.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

SundayTrash.9562

I guess you missed the sceenshot with Cavalier stats on his Eternity(I know it can be changed but he is most probably gonna run CM or just ran it standing on the gate) and Bloodlust+Accuracy Sigil which directly says he is in no way speed running any dungeons(even in daytime ones those aren’t optimal for speed running, but then again he doesn’t have another GS for nighttime dungeons too). Also downleveled for lvl 13 with 165 power, 38% crit rate and 82 ferocity just shows he isn’t geared/traited for any speed runs too.

1k gold + thousands of tokens doesn’t necessarily mean “speed running”, it just means he had time to acquire those whether it be 33 or 100 hours (non-speed running or speed running but gear/sigil choices and stats obviously says he’s not speed running lol).

Try learning what speed running dungeon involves before you reply.

I dont remember there being a lvl 13 dungeon, never once claim I have a speed run team, I usually pug 80s group thats exp, I am satisfy clearing 4 path a hour, since i don’t run all 16 ez path a day, I normally only run 6-7 path.

SundayTrash.9562

Hell yeah. Remove the dungeon gold. Players should have to work in mines for 70% of their gameplay time to make money imo. At 10 silver and hour.

Again ppl are jumping the gun, read my previous posts on suggesting cutting the amount being handle out, and replace it with crafting mats instead.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Major gold faucets and major gold sinks exist in the game. Prices are stable for items barring changes to supply and demand, and this is even true for gems. Inflation is not happening.

Removing dungeon gold would do nothing to prices in the short term, but would eventually crash the value of basically all items as the general purpose player wouldn’t be able to do anything regularly to earn gold. We’d be back to 2g/hour farms in random maps. Worthless materials and items is indicative of a far more unhealthy economy than anything we’ve got now.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Jerus.4350

You guys are still missing the point, there is clearly not enough mats to match for the gold being generated from dungeons. If u look at the history of the cost, u will see that the amount you earn stays the same while prices continue to raise, its normal for 2-3% annual inflation, but the trend we’re seeing here is a monthly increase. So at the end of the day your spending power is actually getting less and less.

Again, I say that what you’re suggesting is going to have a massive impact on the economy. If your assertions are correct then we’re talking about thousands and thousands of gold each day not coming into the economy when previously it did.

Those who currently have money suddenly find that money much more valuable. Prices on everything will go down rapidly. Those who are rich get richer, and those who are poor are sitting waiting for the economy to level out so they can actually purchase things for prices they can afford with what they make.

Again, I’ll say that I don’t feel you’re completely off base as it does seem like prices are steadily on the rise, but it’s slow and gradual and well within reason considering the acquisition of items/gold.

If you’re trying to suggest that they need to stabilize the rise of cost on t6 mats then a more reasonable suggestion would be something along the lines of reducing gold reward on dungeon completion from 1g to like 80s and making a guarenteed t6 mat drop… or something like that.

But, I’d also argue that there are other variables involved othe than just gold acquisition and material drop rates.

CP is out, and while it’s not generating dungeon type gold, it does bring money into the economy through a couple silver here and there (end of a night I end up with like 5g in pure cash usually) but it also brings in quite a few materials through salvaging/luck from bags. So we see this pretty popular thing giving out over 7-14 champ bags worth of loot per round injecting far more materials than gold compared to dungeons and yet since it’s creation we’ve seen prices on the materials go up, and quite rapidly. Before CP prices were generally ~35-40s per t6, now they’re ~40-60s.

So we got something with a better ratio of gold:mats but the prices went up? what other variables are involved?

My thought is the prices went up because of the introduction of a new style in lyssa, and the return of some older rarer styles. This caused the rich people to give up some of the gold they were sitting on, injecting much more gold into the system. This let some people who didn’t run dungeons to have enough money to think about ascended crafting, or whatever other things they wanted but previously saw as out of reach. Which increased the demand on such items and therefor increased the price.

Also summer is starting, I imagine it’s a pretty active time for some people, especially kids who now don’t have school so can play all day if they want.

Economics is not an easy topic. In fact I think the experts don’t even know what they’re talking about half the time. Overall though the economy of GW2 is the best video game economy I’ve seen, and I don’t think making any major changes would be a good idea.

(edited by Jerus.4350)

Posted by: Laar.5476

Laar.5476

I dont remember there being a lvl 13 dungeon, never once claim I have a speed run team, I usually pug 80s group thats exp, I am satisfy clearing 4 path a hour, since i don’t run all 16 ez path a day, I normally only run 6-7 path.

I think someone needs to read their own posts, maybe you’ll understand if I type it like this: if u reread all ur own previous posts ull be abl to kep ur story strait.

Read the whole post, I do speed run as well

SundayTrash.9562

Again, I say that what you’re suggesting is going to have a massive impact on the economy. If your assertions are correct then we’re talking about thousands and thousands of gold each day not coming into the economy when previously it did.

Those who currently have money suddenly find that money much more valuable. Prices on everything will go down rapidly. Those who are rich get richer, and those who are poor are sitting waiting for the economy to level out so they can actually purchase things for prices they can afford with what they make.

Again, I’ll say that I don’t feel you’re completely off base as it does seem like prices are steadily on the rise, but it’s slow and gradual and well within reason considering the acquisition of items/gold.

If you’re trying to suggest that they need to stabilize the rise of cost on t6 mats then a more reasonable suggestion would be something along the lines of reducing gold reward on dungeon completion from 1g to like 80s and making a guarenteed t6 mat drop… or something like that.

But, I’d also argue that there are other variables involved othe than just gold acquisition and material drop rates.

CP is out, and while it’s not generating dungeon type gold, it does bring money into the economy through a couple silver here and there (end of a night I end up with like 5g in pure cash usually) but it also brings in quite a few materials through salvaging/luck from bags. So we see this pretty popular thing giving out over 7-14 champ bags worth of loot per round injecting far more materials than gold compared to dungeons and yet since it’s creation we’ve seen prices on the materials go up, and quite rapidly. Before CP prices were generally ~35-40s per t6, now they’re ~40-60s.

So we got something with a better ratio of gold:mats but the prices went up? what other variables are involved?

My thought is the prices went up because of the introduction of a new style in lyssa, and the return of some older rarer styles. This caused the rich people to give up some of the gold they were sitting on, injecting much more gold into the system. This let some people who didn’t run dungeons to have enough money to think about ascended crafting, or whatever other things they wanted but previously saw as out of reach. Which increased the demand on such items and therefor increased the price.

Also summer is starting, I imagine it’s a pretty active time for some people, especially kids who now don’t have school so can play all day if they want.

Economics is not an easy topic. In fact I think the experts don’t even know what they’re talking about half the time. Overall though the economy of GW2 is the best video game economy I’ve seen, and I don’t think making any major changes would be a good idea.

Maybe the title is a bit exaggerating, but as for cp u have to remember the amount of gold ur gaining has to be coming out of somewhere for BB to start. It takes an avg of 11-21s per person for it to start.