Guild Raid Testing

Guild Raid Testing

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: AlphaWolf.2709

AlphaWolf.2709

So many people are missing the point, Anet is 100% justified and could take actions further if they so chose.

Raiding or Hard Core Raiding is very much a popular game mode across all MMO’s. Those Competitive Guilds do move from game to game to conquer new content very much in the same way that PvP’rs look for new games where they can conquer and become #1 across multiple games.

Now if you are not in the know you wouldn’t have been aware that DnT tested the raids, how many Competitive Raiding Guilds were looking in GW2’s direction for their next slice of pie ? Of those guilds how many will now avoid the game and its raids like the plague because they have received half the story and an extremely important half at that.

These actions have probably cost Anet a good chunk of the Hard Core Raiding community that is out there on the hunt for the “next best thing” I’m of the opinion which ever member(s) were involved should be banned from GW2. Those members directly impacted the running of the business and it’s ability to produce more revenue with their childish ignorant social media posts.

This. So much this. Couldn’t agree more.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

For once, I don’t mind another “Open World Boss guild” (like this one) to become a raid tester. At least they are openly honest about their skill level and genuinely excited about and committed to a challenge that it is refreshing to see their opinions on it.

Rather than some individuals think they are better than everyone else, but always try to taxi to the “Open World Boss Guild”- organizing maps to profit off others’ hard labor.

Just my two cents.

Also, congratulations to DnT for the world #first removal.

Iris, genuine excitement and happy faces do not help in testing a raid catered to the extreme and only the best players, does it?

The raid testing needs to be pushed to extremes, not to the happy middle ground. If the latter is the case, raids are just dungeons or high level fractals. And they were supposed to be something more.

Thats why they need to get another dedicated guild on track. I can’t suggest any names because I dont wanna discredit anyone I didnt mention. I know there are guilds in here more than capable of doing this.

Guild Raid Testing

Quickfoot Katana.8642

In response some of their guild attempted to clutch at straws with an NDA arguement saying they was “Not able to tell people they was testing” when the first post in this thread from a MONTH AGO clearly says they are testing it.

Wrong.

They said the NDA didnt allow them for the tester to properly identify as such. That means everyone knew DnT was testing, but we couldnt know WHO was testing. It was not the entire DnT guild, only a few.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

I’m guessing the testers were not paid? Anet got the professionalism they paid for then. At least the raids actually being tested means that they aren’t buggy messes like the rest of the releases.

Still very good to smack them down like that, after seeing that the raids were cleared so quickly without having the background knowledge, I assumed Anet had been lying through their teeth again about providing challenging content for those of us that have been desiring that kind of content from the company since GW1. Seeing that they actually had a month or so to learn the content before being able to complete it after it released (and playing the content myself), I’m rather relieved in that respect.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Not only did they clear it first thanks to their weeks of testing and bragged about it on their website/twitter/reddit but they also took advantage of it by being able to sell the specific loot from the raid first, therefore setting their own price.

What a bunch of doochebags.

What a ridiculous post.

So, if they put in the effort to clear something, they should just let the items rot in their inventories out of “fairness”?

You do realize gold is of little consequence to these people, given if you check their videos each of them has every single legendary, multiple ascended sets of various stats, foods, and sigils.

These people are loaded, they made their money off TP trading long ago. They just stated for how much the mini sold in terms to give an impression of how good the loot was.

Since, you know, a huge complaint about this xpac is the garbage loot in most of the content.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

For once, I don’t mind another “Open World Boss guild” (like this one) to become a raid tester. At least they are openly honest about their skill level and genuinely excited about and committed to a challenge that it is refreshing to see their opinions on it.

Rather than some individuals think they are better than everyone else, but always try to taxi to the “Open World Boss Guild”- organizing maps to profit off others’ hard labor.

Just my two cents.

Iris, genuine excitement and happy faces do not help in testing a raid catered to the extreme and only the best players, does it?

The raid testing needs to be pushed to extremes, not to the happy middle ground. If the latter is the case, raids are just dungeons or high level fractals. And they were supposed to be something more.

Thats why they need to get another dedicated guild on track. I can’t suggest any names because I dont wanna discredit anyone I didnt mention. I know there are guilds in here more than capable of doing this.

Really, did you look at the link? That PvX guild beats the first boss.

So, what makes you think that the Open World Boss Guilds do not have some of the best players? They have positive attitude and they also beat the Raid boss themselves. Moreover, they have persistence and organization, and they are perfect targets of this type of content (raid).

To be fair, this raid is difficult. I haven’t beaten it yet with my static group. So props to any Open World Boss Guilds that beat it on the first day – you deserve special attention and even invitation to beta testing.

tl;dr – Guild name or their main activity means nothing to their actual achievement. Face it or step up.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Just my two cents.

I wouldnt regard DnT as a guild that can push extremes. They are the only NA guild though. So yeah….

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Lucius.2140

Lucius.2140

1: Company needs a guild of very good instance players for beta test.

2: Company chose a guild renowned for having some inmature people for a job that requires to be mature and proffesional.

3: Some of the guild members act inmaturely, creating an image of super easy content since they didnt put acordingly they have done it for a month (dont supose all the guild wars 2 comunity knew about it, also their post can be used to denigrate the game out of context).

4: Company decide to publicly clear the theme (explaining they were testing) and untie themself from them (and the inmature behavior).

3 and 4 were expected, anet chose to let them in probably thinking that either the mature part will control the inmature or the inmature will behave acordingly to the opportunity they had.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Kaz.5430

Kaz.5430

The real shame (for DnT), is that had the opportunity to be heroes, and didn’t even see it.

They could have been the guild to show everyone that the raids were possible with practise, and been the ones to prevent masses of “Raids are impossible, nerf them” threads ensuring that raids remain un-nerfed.

Now, they’ve probably succeeded in reducing the nerf-it threads (or at least prevented a nerf occurring), but they wont be remembered for it.

If those tweets had used #monthofpractise and #itcanbedone instead of #first we’d be having a whole different conversation in this thread.

Monarchy - 15 year old browser-based game and roleplay community
Table Warfare Miniatures - Armatures, Custom Miniatures, Moulds etc.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Psientist.6437

Psientist.6437

As raid testers, DnT had to put promoting the game above promoting themselves. They had to behave as white nights or at least as silent grey nights. There was no room to be a vocal grey knight, not even as a grey knight humorist. “DnT” also describes a large, diverse population of players, not all of them appreciating the reality of their role.

I hope the members of the DnT GW2 community do not feel pressured from being active in game or here on the forums.

“No! You can’t eat the ones that talk!
They’re special! They got aspirations.”
Finn the human

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

As raid testers, DnT had to put promoting the game above promoting themselves. They had to behave as white nights or at least as silent grey nights. There was no room to be a vocal grey knight, not even as a grey knight humorist. “DnT” also describes a large, diverse population of players, not all of them appreciating the reality of their role.

I hope the members of the DnT GW2 community do not feel pressured from being active in game or here on the forums.

Nah, they just had to not be giant kittens. This would have never happened if they said “Yea, we tested it and despite our testing, we don’t think the difficulty is there” or something level-headed like that. Instead, they posted a bunch of braggadocios stuff to taunt other players working through the content for the first time. Feel free to scroll up and see all the screen captures people made of stuff they put up.

If DnT feel that what they did was justified and don’t see the problematic nature with their actions…then it actually would be best if they just faded away. They’re certainly not the only people in the game that can theory craft pure dps builds, even if they’re the ones most well known for doing it.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

They have had a elitist view since the beginning. I thought that was the type of community Anet did not want to foster.

That’s the type of community you invite with raiding, elitism, arrogance, that all comes with raiding. More of it will be created along the way as they release much harder raids that will require much more skill and coordination.

Also not sure why people are up in arms about the raid being cleared so fast, other guilds did it in 3 hours or less. This was only the first raid boss, did people really think it was going to take days to clear? I expect the other bosses down the line that are expecting you to have all ascended gear, will take longer.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Jockum.1385

Jockum.1385

I don’t understand why Anet is being blamed here.

You don’t fire someone in front of everybody else. That’s just unprofessional.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

One big problem here is that the players profited in game for their testing efforts. Anet can’t allow this to happen. They already get grief for possible TP speculation from people with inside knowledge.

DnT simply broke their trust with Anet. They had to respond.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

Not only did they clear it first thanks to their weeks of testing and bragged about it on their website/twitter/reddit but they also took advantage of it by being able to sell the specific loot from the raid first, therefore setting their own price.

What a ridiculous post.

So, if they put in the effort to clear something, they should just let the items rot in their inventories out of “fairness”?

That is precisely what any guild that respects themselves, the game, the devs, and the community would have done. Either hold off on completing the content until a few other guilds/groups have done it, or least delay selling their rewards until that time.

Taking advantage of early knowledge in order to profit in the live game is akin to insider trading in the real world. If I were in Anet’s position, I would have banned the members doing that. Especially the ones taking it even farther and bragging about it, while making comments that make the raid content appear trivial.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

Guild Raid Testing

AlphaWolf.2709

This wasn’t a job. It wasn’t an internship. It wasn’t a partnership.
It was an agreement to do testing on Anets terms. You’ve obviously never read up on social justice. I’d encourage you to do so.

Guild Raid Testing

AlphaWolf.2709

What a ridiculous post.

That is precisely what any guild that respects themselves, the game, the devs, and the community would have done. Either hold off on completing the content until a few other guilds/groups have done it, or least delay selling their rewards until that time.

Taking advantage of early knowledge in order to profit in the live game is akin to insider trading in the real world. If I were in Anet’s position, I would have banned the members doing that. Especially the ones taking it even farther and bragging about it, while making comments that make the raid content appear trivial.

Precisely. DnT has no dignity, humility, or respect. They showed a blatant disregard for sportsmanship.

Guild Raid Testing

mrstealth.6701

You do when they have made public comments that could be damaging to your company, sales, reputation, and community.

Had DnT kept quiet about their rapid completion and profiting due to having early test access, this would have been an internal issue resolved by silently removing the guild from testing. However, DnT decided to make their actions public which demanded that Anet react to it in the same public manner.

Guild Raid Testing

Jockum.1385

You’ve obviously never read up on social justice. I’d encourage you to do so.

This one?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pillory

Guild Raid Testing

AlphaWolf.2709

You’ve obviously never read up on social justice. I’d encourage you to do so.

This one?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pillory

That’s a bit extreme…lol
No, more the ideals behind social justice. I agree that everyone in DnT may not be terrible people. I know that not all of them are responsible for what happened. However, in situations like this an example has to be made. Anet has to show that it will not tolerate such disregard for sportsmanship or community. In this situation, social justice was the right call. Publicly part ways with DnT as a way to show the community they take sportsmanship and community seriously.

Guild Raid Testing

Jockum.1385

You do when they have made public comments that could be damaging to your company, sales, reputation, and community.

Had DnT kept quiet about their rapid completion and profiting due to having early test access, this would have been an internal issue resolved by silently removing the guild from testing. However, DnT decided to make their actions public which demanded that Anet react to it in the same public manner.

If they did sign a contract which tells them not to profit from their knowledge. If they didn’t Anet is ok with it. Maybe its even seen as a reward for helping Anet.

There are professional ways to deal with it. For example make clear that they were in the beta. Invite the first “non beta team” to an interview or give them a prize. You could still kick DnT out of the beta, but its stupid to do it in public. It will give other people the impression of a company where public humilation is still an accepted punishment.

Guild Raid Testing

mrstealth.6701

They’re certainly not the only people in the game that can theory craft pure dps builds, even if they’re the ones most well known for doing it.

They just go through the extra trouble/effort to attach DPS numbers to it, and post guides explaining it. The builds themselves are largely common sense and being able to read/comprehend how traits work. It’s usually not too difficult to see which traits are going to give you the highest damage boost. I ended up with at least a couple of the same new builds they posted, before they ever posted them. And that’s without having any beta weekend access to new specs, as well as not buying the expansion until 4-5 days after release.

If this situation ends up hurting their reputation enough that people want to find other sources for builds/guides, there are plenty of others able to step up and replace them. In my opinion, this should happen as DnT have shown that they have no respect for this game or community, and deserve no respect or attention.

Guild Raid Testing

mrstealth.6701

There are professional ways to deal with it. For example make clear that they were in the beta. Invite the first “non beta team” to an interview or give them a prize. You could still kick DnT out of the beta, but its stupid to do it in public. It will give other people the impression of a company where public humilation is still an accepted punishment.

The only ones publicly humiliating DnT are DnT’s own members. Their involvement in the beta was publicly announced by Anet, and then further acknowledged by Nike in the deleted reddit “first kill” post. The same person posting out-of-context “#firsts” on twitter. They went about with this bragging and drawing attention to themselves knowing that they were being dishonest in their claims, and that many in the community were aware of their involvement in testing.

They were, as they deserved to be, quickly called out on their “#first” claims by other players before Anet made any statement on the matter. Their official post in this thread is nothing but a denouncement/disassociation of DnT, due to their inappropriate and immature behavior. The community backlash and ridicule DnT is receiving now is a product of their own actions, not the result of Anet’s statement. This same discussion would exist without Anet making any comments on it.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Brutality.9631

Brutality.9631

DNT were so wack anyway, claiming builds when Materia would craft the same builds patch hour 1 for 3 years.. — It’s called reading comprehension, people give them way too much credit for combining traits that have synergy. Above that they are just a bunch of classless elites who toot their own horns, nice job on removing them anet.

ps- I’ve had guildies return to us from DNT several times, maybe I should send them some chocolates.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Just my two cents.

I wouldnt regard DnT as a guild that can push extremes. They are the only NA guild though. So yeah….

While DnT faded from relevance in WoW shortly around the times of BC, the speed kill contained NoTrigger, who is known as the #1 Wildstar parser worldwide on Spellslinger and Esper.

You can’t ask for much, though, the top of the top are still at WoW due to the vitality of that game’s raid scene and financial support.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Windsagio.1340

Windsagio.1340

It’s not rocket science though. There’s a lot of ego kibble so available from guides

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: SoraLink.5749

SoraLink.5749

I really think DnT’s branch in guild wars 2 should not be blamed for what the DnT twitter account did. Obviously Nike still tweeted the #first which is a little childish but I feel like Anet is going overkill with the punishment. maybe just remove them from the next wing of testing. not my decision though and im not going to be to upset as it doesn’t really matter. although i still feel like should have been done behind closed doors and not public. Also I would like to know how quickly the beat it (obviously it wasnt the 15min) but if they beat it in any time under 40min then I feel like we need to be focusing on that and how short the raids will be once everyone else will get them down. I would really like to know how quickly they were able to beat it so we could get some idea of how much content the raids actually are

(edited by SoraLink.5749)

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I really think DnT’s branch in guild wars 2 should not be blamed for what the DnT twitter account did. Obviously Nike still tweeted the #first which is a little childish but I feel like Anet is going overkill with the punishment. maybe just remove them from the next wing of testing. not my decision though and im not going to be to upset as it doesn’t really matter. although i still feel like should have been done behind closed doors and not public. Also I would like to know hoe quickly the beat it (obviously it wasnt the 15min) but if they beat it in any time under 40min then I feel like we need to be focusing on that and how short the raids will be once everyone else will get them down. I would really like to know how quickly they were able to beat it so we could get some idea of how much content the raids actually are

Maybe an hour or two. Depends on what the timers for the bosses are and how time intensive things are between those are. You then account for their proficiency and subtract some time off.

Guild Raid Testing

Windsagio.1340

There is no ‘punishment’, they’re just not going to be testers any more

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Just my two cents.

While DnT faded from relevance in WoW shortly around the times of BC, the speed kill contained NoTrigger, who is known as the #1 Wildstar parser worldwide on Spellslinger and Esper.

You can’t ask for much, though, the top of the top are still at WoW due to the vitality of that game’s raid scene and financial support.

NoTrigger was in rT before he was removed and transferred to NA to join DnT.

Guild Raid Testing

Quickfoot Katana.8642

I really think DnT’s branch in guild wars 2 should not be blamed for what the DnT twitter account did. Obviously Nike still tweeted the #first which is a little childish but I feel like Anet is going overkill with the punishment. maybe just remove them from the next wing of testing. not my decision though and im not going to be to upset as it doesn’t really matter. although i still feel like should have been done behind closed doors and not public. Also I would like to know how quickly the beat it (obviously it wasnt the 15min) but if they beat it in any time under 40min then I feel like we need to be focusing on that and how short the raids will be once everyone else will get them down. I would really like to know how quickly they were able to beat it so we could get some idea of how much content the raids actually are

DnT already tested the 2 other wings. Anet said so.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: IllegalChocolate.6938

IllegalChocolate.6938

D’aaw nothing?

I was going to buy gems and everything.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Sligh.2789

Sligh.2789

Maybe they should have allowed Whiteside to do it the right way. He left because he saw this Elitist type of content ripping the fabric right away from the Casual Gamer that built the Guild Wars franchise.
The kittens acted like kittens, and got slapped down. Nothing to see here, move along.
If you ever encountered them in game, it was easy to see this result.

Guild Raid Testing

IllegalChocolate.6938

Uh no, the casual gamer did not build the Guild Wars franchise, Guild Wars 1 was one of the original E Sports, it had a world tournament league.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Elunarie.9283

Elunarie.9283

First of all, this was blatant and unrepentant disrespect of the other guilds in the gw2 community. It deserved a blatant and unrepentant response, and it got it. Much like the “invincible” wvw hacker was publically banned from gw2 with that lovely video we all remember.

Second of all, this isn’t about a company’s response. This is about a community’s response, taken care of by the company since we in the community don’t have the amount of control to utterly humiliate these ’leetists who had the keys to the porshe handed to them.

Thirdly, this is why respect for other people is considered an adult quality. Those who don’t have it and don’t show it are children.

So thank you anet (and waves to Gaile), once again.. from a long-time loyal player.
-Sincerely, Bathea Havocbringer

// Bathea Havocbringer \\

Guild Raid Testing

Windsagio.1340

D’aaw nothing?

I guess you could count being scolded like a naughty 2 year old a punishment?

Guild Raid Testing

IllegalChocolate.6938

D’aaw nothing?

I guess you could count being scolded like a naughty 2 year old a punishment?

You’re gonna have to try harder than that to sell me on that gem purchase

*waves around credit card.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: FearTheOyster.5138

FearTheOyster.5138

Poor form Anet.

Why are you naming and shaming an entire group of players on your forum? Handle this behind closed doors. There’s no need for this public shaming by your employees. You expect us to hold ourselves to a high standard while posting. We should expect the same from you.

They HAD to address this publicly because what DnT did was done publicly and on a platform that distorted reality of what was actually was transpiring regarding what they had ‘accomplished’.

You need to take into account that in the MMO community, ‘World Firsts’ is part bragging rights and part marker for the quality/difficulty of a raid. The latter is important. Right now, there are a lot of really bored WoW players that are looking for something to do. GW2’s expansion/raid release right now is an arrow aimed between the ribs of this particular beast.

This doesn’t just hurt intra-business relations, this just doesn’t hurt the GW2 community…. it also hurts GW2’s ability to expand their market to new players interested in raiding, because DnT is a recognizable name to WoW players, and if they slap “LOL SALT SALT LOL WE GOT BOSS FIRST IN FIRST DAY BOIS” all over their social media and website, that’s a complete distortion of what’s happening but what prospective new raiding players may see before they download and try out the game.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: felessan.9587

felessan.9587

Poor form Anet.

Why are you naming and shaming an entire group of players on your forum? Handle this behind closed doors. There’s no need for this public shaming by your employees. You expect us to hold ourselves to a high standard while posting. We should expect the same from you.

They HAD to address this publicly because what DnT did was done publicly and on a platform that distorted reality of what was actually was transpiring regarding what they had ‘accomplished’.

You need to take into account that in the MMO community, ‘World Firsts’ is part bragging rights and part marker for the quality/difficulty of a raid. The latter is important. Right now, there are a lot of really bored WoW players that are looking for something to do. GW2’s expansion/raid release right now is an arrow aimed between the ribs of this particular beast.

This doesn’t just hurt intra-business relations, this just doesn’t hurt the GW2 community…. it also hurts GW2’s ability to expand their market to new players interested in raiding, because DnT is a recognizable name to WoW players, and if they slap “LOL SALT SALT LOL WE GOT BOSS FIRST IN FIRST DAY BOIS” all over their social media and website, that’s a complete distortion of what’s happening but what prospective new raiding players may see before they download and try out the game.

Pretty much this. Doesn’t matter if DnT’s posts were jokes or hyperbole or whatever. This is the internet. Statements will always be misconstrued and someone will inevitably take them in the worst light possible. A guild as experienced in gaming culture at DnT should know that.

Basically, DnT were employees and ambassadors of ArenaNet for raiding. The debacle looks like this:

Boss: Congratulations, you’re hired for a super special job!
Well-Known Employee: HEY EVERYONE THIS PRODUCT SUCKS AND THEY SHOULD FEEL BAD KTHXBYE LOL
Boss: … yeah, that’s not okay, you’re fired.

Then, the boss has two options. 1. stay completely silent and let the employee set the narrative and let half-formed rumors and gossip spiral wildly out of control until the boss is a farm-hating, casual-loving vengeful scrub. Or 2. Be very clear and issue a statement that the behavior of the famous employee was unacceptable and damaging to the brand and would not be tolerated.

If that doesn’t settle it, show me the part where ArenaNet attacked or harassed DnT in the official statement.

Guild Raid Testing

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Maybe they should have allowed Whiteside to do it the right way. He left because he saw this Elitist type of content ripping the fabric right away from the Casual Gamer that built the Guild Wars franchise.
The kittens acted like kittens, and got slapped down. Nothing to see here, move along.
If you ever encountered them in game, it was easy to see this result.

What the kitten?

Guild Wars franchise was not casual.

The outlier here isnt “raids” or GW1. GW2 base launch was the outlier. It went to a completely casual direction, different from the predecessor

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Reem.3578

Reem.3578

I never understand why people want to be world’s 1st/best in everything.

“You judge too much with your eyes alone…”

And yes, i play [Teef] :)

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: SoraLink.5749

SoraLink.5749

DnT already tested the 2 other wings. Anet said so.

yeah but there are going to be more raids then just the next 2 wings. I was talking about those

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

I never understand why people want to be world’s 1st/best in everything.

Self-gratification/fun/etc.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: tluv.5821

tluv.5821

without ensuring that those reading their comments were fully aware of the fact that they had been given early access.

I was under the assumption that DnT is not allowed to identify themselves as raid testers, as stated in the NDA.

you assumed wrong LOL,

my guess is once the first raid wing went live you could totally say that you tested the first raid wing…you just can’t say that you are testing the other raid wings yet

NDA’s dont end as soon as the content goes live, they are forever

NDA means testers don’t disclose the content before it goes alive.

DnT and another guild have been publicly announced to be beta testers already. It is a fact not something that is not disclosed.

So DnT’s problem is not going against NDA. It is because they are raising an unhealthy atmosphere by bragging about speed clearing w/o noting the fact that they had a lot of chance for practise for the past month.

I’ve signed other NDAs that state more than just not disclosing information. Unless you have personally signed Anet’s NDA then you can’t really comment.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians
Formerly [QT] Questionable Tactics

Guild Raid Testing

Windsagio.1340

The NDA thing is s a pretty ludicrous dodge though.

What they were saying was still hurting ANet

If they were still under NDA they should have stayed entirely quiet.

I suspect they missed the salad days of the guild (although it’s likely none of them had ever seen them personally) and wanted that rep/those props

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

If negative comments about ArenaNet or their content get you kicked from partner programs/raid testing/whatever, I think there’s a long list of people who apparently got exceptions (and continue to get them regularly). And if being salty, offensive, or childish gets you kicked, I can think of a handful of streamers ArenaNet regularly promotes who deserve the boot.

This seems inconsistent with ArenaNet’s past actions and specific to either a) raids or b) DnT. In the end, ArenaNet gets to make their own decisions about who to include or not include. No problem there. But the public shaming on the forums, including leaving the post open for comments (and then almost certainly abuse) seems out of character for them and (imho) rather distasteful.

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

If negative comments about ArenaNet or their content get you kicked from partner programs/raid testing/whatever, I think there’s a long list of people who apparently got exceptions (and continue to get them regularly). And if being salty, offensive, or childish gets you kicked, I can think of a handful of streamers ArenaNet regularly promotes who deserve the boot.

This seems inconsistent with ArenaNet’s past actions and specific to either a) raids or b) DnT. In the end, ArenaNet gets to make their own decisions about who to include or not include. No problem there. But the public shaming on the forums, including leaving the post open for comments (and then almost certainly abuse) seems out of character for them and (imho) rather distasteful.

Because all of this was public, the response had to be public.

Its not really distasteful on arenanets part, its a pretty calm response.
Based on what you did, and how it is effecting our perception, we are letting you go.

Thats basically all they said, and its the most appropriate response.

If you get publicly shamed by objective revelation and results of your public actions, thats really your own fault.

That said, its not really that big a deal, they messed up, they arent testing any more. Its not like they are evil, just that they cant represent the company with those actions.

Guild Raid Testing

IllegalChocolate.6938

Arena Net gave DnT VIP Level access to pre released content to try and ensure the PvE content is where it needs to be. If you were Anet and DnT did a complete smear job the moment you turned your cheek would you still work with them? I wouldn’t

Let me remind you that this new instanced PvE content is a HUGE DEAL we have seen VERY LITTLE support to our PvE community that favors closed instanced scenarios and in some cases that “support” was unfavored. If any of you care about PvE instanced content you will make sure that whatever statements you make maintains constructive momentum not the opposite like belittling the content with no measurable points of information.

DnT basically said kitten you to the entire raiding scene.

-DnT has no respect for what it means to be a Raider and sabotaged it’s very momentum by posting all those tweets. DnT caused harm to the very effort we have been asking for years
-I want GW2 raiding to be one of the most popular things on twitch and in other forms of media

What do you want timmy? I am curious if you actually want raiding to maintain longevity and health right now I am not so certain.

Guild Raid Testing

mrstealth.6701

DnT wasn’t removed because it was negative or childish, even though their comments were both. They were removed because the posts were completely lacking context and were very misrepresenting of the raid’s content.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

Unless you have personally signed Anet’s NDA then you can’t really comment.

especially if you have, you can’t really comment.

I wasn’t going to validate this whole strawman tangent with a response…
But setting up your point so that countering it involves disclosing your access to a non-disclosure document is a self-defeating logic that’s probably good to highlight, just to make sure folks are properly warned to mind the First Rule of Fight Club when it comes to NDAs.

I’m guessing that was probably unintentional, but that ended up as kind of a mean tactic.

(edited by Vox Hollow.2736)