I would like my 250 ectos back please

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

To assist you in your ventures into the mists, a new agony resist infusion slot has been added to all infused rings and backpacks.
All current infused rings and backpacks will start with a +5 agony resist infusion (this replaces the +5 agony resist that was previously on the item itself).

I’m not sure if I’m reading this correct. Are they saying that an infused backpiece will now have TWO infusion slots? Or that ALL backpieces will have an inherent +5 AR now?

If it’s the latter rather than the former, those of us who spent the 250 ectos to upgrade backpieces to have an inherent +5 AR are basically SOL.

Can I have my 250 ectos (x4 for gearing my alts) back please?

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

(edited by Errant Venture.9371)

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

This will be good. I could use 5 more stacks of ecto with the upcoming ascended armor update. Please have the ecto waiting for me in my mail anet.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Yeah Id like my ectos back.

Posted by: Relativity.3264

Relativity.3264

To assist you in your ventures into the mists, a new agony resist infusion slot has been added to all infused rings and backpacks.
All current infused rings and backpacks will start with a +5 agony resist infusion (this replaces the +5 agony resist that was previously on the item itself).

I’m not sure if I’m reading this correct. Are they saying that an infused backpiece will now have TWO infusion slots? Or that ALL backpieces will have an inherent +5 AR now?

If it’s the latter rather than the former, those of us who spent the 250 ectos to upgrade backpieces to have an inherent +5 AR are basically SOL.

Can I have my 250 ectos back please?

Given fractals will still be capped at 50, and the new AR cap will be 70, they should refund you for the 250e anyway since you’ll end up with 10 ar more than you could use in the first place.

Maxed HOM (Name: Random Firing)
Fractal 80 before Fractured, world first fractal 50 after

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

No Errant. Peasants of the mists have no need for ecto, ecto is for exploiting elitists.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

No Errant. Peasants of the mists have no need for ecto, ecto is for exploiting elitists.

Too true.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: Jeremlloyd.6837

Jeremlloyd.6837

Yeah I’d like my ecto back as well, infused 4 back pieces -.-

Posted by: somsom.5201

somsom.5201

I read that as giving 2x slots, but knowing ANet it likely is just 1x slot. If that’s the case, then they definitely need to refund us in some form for those ectos. I’ll be waiting for my 4 backpieces(aka 1000 ectos plz).

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

I read it as follows:

All back pieces will get an additional AR infusion slot (along with rings).

If you had an inherently infused back piece (or ring), the new infusion slot will already have a +5 infusion AR infusion in it.

If you had a back piece (or ring) that was not inherently infused, the new AR infusion slot will be empty.

I don’t think anyone with an inherently infused back piece or ring will be losing anything. They are just moving the +5 inherent AR to the new AR infusion slot.

Though, I really wonder if this will cause issues for people that have “Red Ring of Death” and “Red Ring of Death (Infused)” equipped currently. Will this player now be equipping two of the same unique rings?

Posted by: somsom.5201

somsom.5201

I read it as follows:

All back pieces will get an additional AR infusion slot (along with rings).

If you had an inherently infused back piece (or ring), the new infusion slot will already have a +5 infusion AR infusion in it.

If you had a back piece (or ring) that was not inherently infused, the new AR infusion slot will be empty.

I don’t think anyone with an inherently infused back piece or ring will be losing anything. They are just moving the +5 inherent AR to the new AR infusion slot.

Though, I really wonder if this will cause issues for people that have “Red Ring of Death” and “Red Ring of Death (Infused)” equipped currently. Will this player now be equipping two of the same unique rings?

The wording specifically says “infused”, so I don’t think that will be an issue, but again, it’s ANet, so who knows.

Posted by: Tsanggitu.9603

Tsanggitu.9603

just give me back my 250 ectos if this is true

Posted by: Ellie.5203

Ellie.5203

All current infused rings and backpacks will start with a +5 agony resist infusion (this replaces the +5 agony resist that was previously on the item itself)….

it does state REPLACES the +5 Ar Stat on the actual item.. and we all know what Replace means….. i also read it that our +5 stat will be removed and we are left with the Infusion slot Hope i am wrong ofc..

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

My take is that there will be two AR infusion slots. If you have an infused back item, the +5 AR that was part of the item will fill one of the open AR infusion slots. You’re not losing anything. Your fully upgraded back item will still have +10 AR.

Posted by: Estriella Faerie.4029

Estriella Faerie.4029

Same here, we better still have a +10 AR back, or Anet should give us back our 250 ecto

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

I just infused mine last week because I was finally able to get a solid group together to push into the 30s

So yeah if I could have my ectos back, that would be great.

Posted by: Adam.4103

Adam.4103

I’ll take my 500 ectos then.

Adam The Vanquisher
Gandara

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

I will gladly get 750 ectos.

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

It’s not a gem storm purchase, so why would they bother refunding?

It’s actually tragically hilarious, it was literally yesterday I infused a back-piece. Waking up to this news today was just peachy.

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

Posted by: Anicetus.1253

Anicetus.1253

I’d also like to get my 125g for claws back which i bought off TP three days ago but didn’t arrive yet.

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

people who transmuted their legendarys got off the hook when ascended weapons came out …

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

This is a really good change, actually, for people who made a habit out of eating agony attacks.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

So will it cost 250 ectos to add a +5 infusion to non-infused back pieces?

If so, and as long as we get our old infusion added as the new infusion type, then it would be fair.

laharl.8435

people who transmuted their legendarys got off the hook when ascended weapons came out …

Not really. They spent transmutation crystals that they otherwise wouldn’t have had to spend.

Posted by: Asia Skyly.7198

Asia Skyly.7198

This is a great idea! If they are going to change the way back-pieces AR works, they should reimburse the ectos.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Why? You will still have the +5 AR from it having been infused beforehand.

Posted by: Krag.6210

Krag.6210

Lot of people with reading problems here.
All INFUSED backpieces and rings will have a second infusion slot (already slotted with a +5 AR infusion) instead of the native +5 AR.

laharl.8435

All INFUSED backpieces and rings will have a second infusion slot (already slotted with a +5 AR infusion) instead of the native +5 AR.

Does it cost 250 ectos to put a +5 in the infusion slot for uninfused back pieces?

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

33s * 250 ectos = 82.5 golds. Multiply by how many back pieces you have.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

Posted by: Krag.6210

Krag.6210

Does it cost 250 ectos to put a +5 in the infusion slot for uninfused back pieces?

I guess so, it costs 250 ectos to upgrade the basic ascended backpiece to its infused version.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Prototype_Fractal_Capacitor_
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Beta_Fractal_Capacitor_

Posted by: draconx.3102

draconx.3102

It sounds like they aren’t actually changing too much, but it’s not entirely clear.

It’s possible that it will still cost 250 ectos to get the 2nd AR infusion slot; i.e., only items with “(Infused)” in the name have 2 slots so you still need to perform the upgrade from Prototype Fractal Capacitor → Beta Fractal Capacitor.

Those who have (Infused) items prior to the update will get a free +5 AR infusion to start with, (Infused) items obtained after the update will have no infusion so you’ll have to grind out 32 +1AR items via RNG to get the +5AR.

Mad Rasputin.7809

When you infused your back piece for the extra +5AR, you did so because you needed/wanted the extra AR to advance in fractals. And this was one of the few ways to do so.

You knew at that time that eventually new ways to get AR would come out. The addition of ascended weapons led to an easier/cheaper source of +5AR than infusing a back piece. The future release of ascended armor will do the same.

You will not be losing your +5AR, and if obtaining a new +5AR infusion ends up being cheaper than what it cost you initially than that is the cost of being an early adopter.

You knew that the cost of that extra +5AR was very high initially, you knew that other methods of increasing your AR would eventually be released, and you are not losing anything.

Posted by: Tentonhammr.7849

Tentonhammr.7849

Plus 1 for ecto refund on each of my lvl 49 + fractal alts.

On a slightly related side note, this is why I hate these patch previews. Anet never provides enough detail to explain what the kitten is going to happen. I’ve already been infracted twice today dealing with this kitten.

Zelendel

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

When you infused your back piece for the extra +5AR, you did so because you needed/wanted the extra AR to advance in fractals. And this was one of the few ways to do so.

You knew at that time that eventually new ways to get AR would come out. The addition of ascended weapons led to an easier/cheaper source of +5AR than infusing a back piece. The future release of ascended armor will do the same.

You will not be losing your +5AR, and if obtaining a new +5AR infusion ends up being cheaper than what it cost you initially than that is the cost of being an early adopter.

You knew that the cost of that extra +5AR was very high initially, you knew that other methods of increasing your AR would eventually be released, and you are not losing anything.

I’m the fortune teller. I know you will write this. Yesterday.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

Errant Venture.9371

I’m being punished today for doing what was necessary yesterday?

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

laharl.8435

You missed the point. If you read the op, you’ll see that people were unclear what was happening with the infusions slots. And early adopter?? Do you realize how long those recipes have been available? Since the beginning of fractals…

(edited by laharl.8435)

Mad Rasputin.7809

I’m being punished today for doing what was necessary yesterday?

I see your point, but I just see things differently. I don’t see as how you are necessarily being ‘punished’ if you are not losing anything in this deal. Just because something becomes cheaper to obtain later on doesn’t mean you are being punished.

But I respect your view and understand where you are coming from.

Mad Rasputin.7809

You missed the point. If you read the op, you’ll see that people were unclear what was happening with the infusions slots. And early adopter?? Do you realize how long those recipes have been available? Since the beginning of fractals…

I’m pretty sure they introduced these recipes when they introduced fractals last November. And it was not a secret, they did announce early on that there will be more ways to obtain AR in the future. They’ve just taken their sweet time with it.

Posted by: Severen Pendragon.3902

Severen Pendragon.3902

3000e dumped into fractal back pieces, 3 characters lvled to 50…

These were your required mechanics, Anet. If you mean I wasted my time and in game gold and resources on the only challenging team content offered, then I think it will be difficult for me to ever trust you again.

At the very least I will require a refund of my ecto, and some bonus reward for my accomplishments. While it may be your intention to say that +5 AR item is free, i would much prefer the ecto back since I can simply make them as needed.

And could you please find something I can do with the 90+ infused rings I have in storage? Like salvaging? Forge tossing?

laharl.8435

I’m pretty sure they introduced these recipes when they introduced fractals last November. And it was not a secret, they did announce early on that there will be more ways to obtain AR in the future. They’ve just taken their sweet time with it.

Exactly, so I really don’t see how we’re early adopters considering the recipes have been available for a year.

Posted by: Target.6379

Target.6379

So, i got 5 fractal capacitor backpieces, I get 2500e back?

Who wants to take bets on the outcome?

1:1000000000 for ectos back, 1g minimum bet.

Posted by: Bumbler.7581

Bumbler.7581

Here’s how it works:

• Agony resist infusions are always +1 or above agony resist.
  • Agony resist infusions only slot into the Agony Resist slot, which is currently only found Infused Asccended Rings and Back Items.
  • Every time you finish a fractal, you’ll get at least a +1 out of the chest.
  • An artificer can combine any two identical agony resist infusions with a Thermocatyltic Reagent o make one of a higher resistance.
  • Existing Infused Ascended Rings and Back Items lose their natural +5 Agony Resist, and receive a +5 Agony Resist Infusion by default.
  • New Infused Ascended Rings and Back Items will have an empty slot.

Dev response. For those of us who spent the money to infuse our accessories, we have the benefit of not needing to grind the new drop-able, agony resist infusions. Well, we start with a +5 and can start upgrading from there to like, +7 and +8, instead of having to start with nothing. That is where the ectos are going. See below other response:

Those slots have a lot more potential than just +5 now.

In Chancery (Jade Quarry, NA) – The Instance Mesmer
#readingLFGisOP #savethewarden
#wallsfixdungeons

(edited by Bumbler.7581)

Errant Venture.9371

Here’s how it works:

• Agony resist infusions are always +1 or above agony resist.
  • Agony resist infusions only slot into the Agony Resist slot, which is currently only found Infused Asccended Rings and Back Items.
  • Every time you finish a fractal, you’ll get at least a +1 out of the chest.
  • An artificer can combine any two identical agony resist infusions with a Thermocatyltic Reagent o make one of a higher resistance.
  • Existing Infused Ascended Rings and Back Items lose their natural +5 Agony Resist, and receive a +5 Agony Resist Infusion by default.
  • New Infused Ascended Rings and Back Items will have an empty slot.

Dev response. For those of us who spent the money to infuse our accessories, we have the benefit of not needing to grind the new drop-able, agony resist infusions. Well, we start with a +5 and can start upgrading from there to like, +7 and +8, instead of having to start with nothing. That is where the ectos are going. See below other response:

Those slots have a lot more potential than just +5 now.

Cheers for this. Any information on what the cap will be for AR on an infusion? Grinding out +25AR infusions would be kinda crazy.

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

Posted by: Bumbler.7581

Bumbler.7581

The latest dev post in the below thread likely answers this:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/fractured/Agony-changes/first#post3228433

In Chancery (Jade Quarry, NA) – The Instance Mesmer
#readingLFGisOP #savethewarden
#wallsfixdungeons

Posted by: aelfwe.4239

aelfwe.4239

LFG atm ingame allow to look up to lvl 49 fom.

I have 2 level 50 fom character both with infused backpack (2 on mesmer, 1 on thief).

Now anet it’s going to rollback my 2 char to level 30 and to take me off infusion from the 3 backpack that ive paid 250 ecto each.

750 ecto on actual trademill cost are like 240 gold.

this is really easy anet, i’m not interested at all about what your great game designers think or not, a software house cant take off what players earned playing in legit way so if this will be the patch you have to gave me back 240gold\750 ecto or you will lose a customer and you’ll gain an angry nerd spamming on mmo forum xD

i’m sorry i dont want to QQ but it’s unacceptable you take me off something i paid 750 ecto.

Aelfwe Dark Asura Mesmer\Thief,
FREE PYRO

laharl.8435

I have 2 level 50 fom character both with infused backpack (2 on mesmer, 1 on thief).

Now anet it’s going to rollback my 2 char to level 30 and to take me off infusion from the 3 backpack that ive paid 250 ecto each.

this is really easy anet, i’m not interested at all about what your great game designers think or not, a software house cant take off what players earned playing in legit way so if this will be the patch you have to gave me back 240gold\750 ecto or you will lose a customer and you’ll gain an angry nerd spamming on mmo forum xD

i’m sorry i dont want to QQ but it’s unacceptable you take me off something i paid 750 ecto.

It seems technically we aren’t losing the AR. It’s just in a different spot now. It seems we did far overpay for it though as now we’ll get the AR just from playing fractals and not buying with ecto.

Posted by: draconx.3102

draconx.3102

I don’t think we overpaid. It sounds like the ascended Prototype Fractal Capacitor won’t have any “agony resist infusion slot” at all. I suspect you’ll still need to use the 250 ectos to upgrade to Beta Fractal Capacitor (Infused) if you want the slot.

Likewise, normal ascended rings will still need to be upgraded to the (Infused) versions with vials/globs/shards in order to get the “agony resist infusion slot”.

Those of us who upgraded already will get a +5 AR infusion already slotted in our fractal capacitors and rings.

Posted by: Frosty.8491

Frosty.8491

I would also appreciate my stacks of ecto and T6 mats from the infusions they’ll be killing with this.

Honestly, did ANYONE think this through?

IGN: Lyla Frostheart
Legion of Doom [LOD] | www.lodgw.com
Retired

(edited by Frosty.8491)

Posted by: aelfwe.4239

aelfwe.4239

It seems technically we aren’t losing the AR. It’s just in a different spot now. It seems we did far overpay for it though as now we’ll get the AR just from playing fractals and not buying with ecto.

i dont mind of ar.

anet made me to pay 250 ecto (aka 80 gold) to have that +5 on my back.

now to refund me they’re going to give me a +5 infusion that will max worth 5 gold (price of 32 thermocatalitci reagent you need to craft a +5 infusion starting from 32 +1 infusion).

this is a joke.

its something like to refund your car with a bicycle.

if this happen \unistall. i will not use my time on a game where software house destroy my effort with no reason from day to night.

i understand this is a game, but i want a serious game xD

Aelfwe Dark Asura Mesmer\Thief,
FREE PYRO

(edited by aelfwe.4239)

Posted by: Sarathor.2409

Sarathor.2409

I may be wrong, but from what I’m gathering, I don’t think so.

Anet said they’re going to be changing the infused rings and backs to have another infusion slot in them.

So, instead of

stat
stat
stat
5 AR
Infusion slot

It will be:

stat
stat
stat
Infusion Slot
Infusion Slot

My guess is this change is for upcoming infusions that give more than 5 AR maximum. They did say that artificers will be able to combine two of the same to get a higher level infusion. So eventually there may be a way to get more than 5 AR from an infusion, so Anet wanted to add 2 slots instead of 1 so these upgraded infusions can be used to increase the infused items more than a static +5 would allow.

Posted by: Selenya.6410

Selenya.6410

I would also appreciate my stacks of ecto and T6 mats from the infusions they’ll be killing with this.

Honestly, did ANYONE think this through?

Exactly, I have 6 Precise Infusions and this is going to be annoying. Adding up i have 4 Fractal Capacitator [Infused] and other 2 infused backpacks.. The whole thing had a cost and i dont really want to be kittened up. Seriously, you should think about consequences of your actions.
Its totally unfair toward 3/4 of the people here.

Nexon = Advanced Cancer