Incentives for experienced players to help

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

I don’t think to dis-incentive vet/newbie grouping together is a good idea.
Forcing them to learn on their own, most will wipe, quit and qq on the forums. It’s not like we don’t have enough of those posts. Most of us are willing to teach, as long as they want to listen and learn. But it doesn’t mean i want to do it 24/7.

I don’t see why. Do you find it unreasonable that people are ‘forced’ to learn something through making mistakes? Let’s be honest here, there are TONS of resources to learn a dungeon without having a vet carry noobs through it. If your willing to teach, that’s fine. I think there is more value in someone learning themselves.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

I don’t think to dis-incentive vet/newbie grouping together is a good idea.
Forcing them to learn on their own, most will wipe, quit and qq on the forums. It’s not like we don’t have enough of those posts. Most of us are willing to teach, as long as they want to listen and learn. But it doesn’t mean i want to do it 24/7.

I don’t actually see a problem with it. Do you find it unreasonable that people are ‘forced’ to learn something through making mistakes? Let’s be honest here, there are TONS of resources to learn a dungeon without having a vet carry noobs through it. If your willing to teach, that’s fine. I think there is more value in someone learning themselves.

I’m fine with teaching sometimes.

But somebody/some people had to learn in the first place, why should other people get special treatment?

to clarify: I agree with obtena. Mainly replying to bunmaster, just quoting to keep the convo going in order.

RIP in peace Robert

(edited by Ethics.4519)

Obtena.7952

That’s what I’m saying … no one should have special treatment. People that don’t know a dungeon STILL have the benefit of reading forums, watching Youtube vids, etc… the people that run the dungeons first didn’t. If discouraging vets from carrying people does that, I think that makes the caliber of player in this game better. Do we not want people to play better? I don’t care what category of player you are … we all want people to play to their best ability.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

do we not want people to play better

says the author of the guardian burn build

Retired. Too many casuals.

Obtena.7952

Builds like those taught me more about the value of damage builds vs. anything I have read on these forums. It’s too bad more people don’t learn things for themselves and just used the builds they were told were the best like a good followers. What did they learn from that? How to semi-retire, troll forums and quit the game because of bads?

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Broadicea.8294

Builds like those taught me more about the value of damage builds vs. anything I have read on these forums. It’s too bad more people don’t learn things for themselves and just used the builds they were told were the best like a good followers. What did they learn from that? How to semi-retire, troll forums and quit the game because of bads?

Attachments:

Posted by: Bunmaster.9734

Bunmaster.9734

Those who did the dungeon first shared their knowledge, either via youtube, guides, forums etc. I just share mine in-game, if and when they are willing to listen. I don’t see a problem at all, it builds community.

You vigorously defend your build, while saying others are followers. Have it occurred to you that you invested all that condi for burn alone? Whilst other classes not only has burning, but also bleeds, poison and/or torment? So this your way of saying, you want to be different because you have a different less than optimal build?

You argue of separating bad players from good and yet you bring a less than optimal build. Where do you stand? What if i am the number 1 dungeon runner in GW2, can i run cleric’s on my guard and camp staff #1?

Broadicea.8294

I will say this, it was actually somewhat impressive that obtena made a whole paragraph argument without using the magic “c-c” word

Obtena.7952

You vigorously defend your build, while saying others are followers. Have it occurred to you that you invested all that condi for burn alone?

I’ve VIGOUROUSLY defended my build? Is that something you just made up in your head? I would love to see where I did that.

You argue of separating bad players from good and yet you bring a less than optimal build. Where do you stand? What if i am the number 1 dungeon runner in GW2, can i run cleric’s on my guard and camp staff #1?

OK wait a minute … YOU were the first to mention the build in my signature. I’m not ‘bringing’ anything into this discussion about that build so if you think I’m somehow contradicting myself, you are confused. Maybe you shouldn’t get so hung up about what is in someone’s signature and simply stick to what is said in their posts.

I’m not arguing for separation of anything. I’m arguing that people should stop being sheep and learn something for themselves to make them better players instead of better followers.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

1. this was last september, we were ranging him, the good old stack at 1200 and have 1 person melee down the grubs
2. refer to 1.
3. no we were in all berserker
4. refer to 3.
5. absolutely

>Ranging
>Telling others to ‘L2P’
I think you’d get along with DeathPanel.

Ranging Lupi in P1 is the safe pug tactic. There’s really no strategic reason to melee him except to show off how pro you are, and to kill him a bit faster. Given that most pugs already have enough trouble trying to dodge his grub summon, I wouldn’t trust them to try to dodge his kick at a distance where getting grubbed means Lupi eats it immediately. It also makes killing the final grub summon considerably easier when your group doesn’t have a ranger and/or the DPS to kill the grub before he eats it.

Broadicea.8294

I wonder how much faster we could solo Lupicus if we used the burn build

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

I wonder how much faster we could solo Lupicus if we used the burn build

Did you see that warrior solo….condition builds are the new meta

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

1. this was last september, we were ranging him, the good old stack at 1200 and have 1 person melee down the grubs
2. refer to 1.
4. refer to 3.
5. absolutely

>Ranging
>Telling others to ‘L2P’

Ranging Lupi in P1 is the safe pug tactic. There’s really no strategic reason to melee him except to show off how pro you are, and to kill him a bit faster. Given that most pugs already have enough trouble trying to dodge his grub summon, I wouldn’t trust them to try to dodge his kick at a distance where getting grubbed means Lupi eats it immediately. It also makes killing the final grub summon considerably easier when your group doesn’t have a ranger and/or the DPS to kill the grub before he eats it.

*Much faster. Tyvm.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: mosspit.8936

mosspit.8936

As a mesmer, Im always happy to see a lupi p1 melee group. Everyone is bunched nicely for a nice feedback.

Edit: Competent lupi p1 melee group

(edited by mosspit.8936)

Posted by: Clumsy.6257

Clumsy.6257

2. refer to 1.
4. refer to 3.
5. absolutely

>Ranging
>Telling others to ‘L2P’

grubs or not who was meleeing lupi a month after the game came out

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

There’s really nothing wrong with ranging Lupi if you’re not confident enough to melee. But I personally find that takes the fun out of it, and would rather faceplant till I learn how to do it confidently.
What is wrong is telling others to “L2P” and generally being a condescending tool when you’ve taken the easy (and slow) PuG way out.
Out of curiosity do you melee Lupi now? Or did you just stop with the ‘difficult’ dungeons after getting DM?

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

I think Dungeons were a social experiment by Anet. This is why they don’t post in the forums, don’t fix bugs, and leave us to trolling eachother. They sit above us, looking down and taking notes.

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

good thing they let us keep our clothes

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

good thing they let us keep our clothes

Aw >_<

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Ethics.4519

I think Dungeons were a social experiment by Anet. This is why they don’t post in the forums, don’t fix bugs, and leave us to trolling eachother. They sit above us, looking down and taking notes.

HA! Thanks Keeanu ;-)

RIP in peace Robert

Clumsy.6257

There’s really nothing wrong with ranging Lupi if you’re not confident enough to melee. But I personally find that takes the fun out of it, and would rather faceplant till I learn how to do it confidently.
What is wrong is telling others to “L2P” and generally being a condescending tool when you’ve taken the easy (and slow) PuG way out.
Out of curiosity do you melee Lupi now? Or did you just stop with the ‘difficult’ dungeons after getting DM?

maybe you should go back and read my reply again, ABSOLUTELY NOBODY was meleeing lupicus less than a month after the game was released, and i wasnt aware that anybody ranged lupi anymore but then again i dont pug very often
edit: and since when has arah been difficult?

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

maybe you should go back and read my reply again, ABSOLUTELY NOBODY was meleeing lupicus less than a month after the game was released, and i wasnt aware that anybody ranged lupi anymore but then again i dont pug very often

He’s just saying that you shouldn’t tell people to ‘L2P’ just because you didn’t die while ranging a boss. Regardless of what the norm was at the time, it’s not that impressive of a feat.

Arah is difficult relative to all the other dungeons. Not so much relative to high level fractals. Would you agree? Or are you the unknown talent that solo’s everything because its ezpz

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Clumsy.6257

He’s just saying that you shouldn’t tell people to ‘L2P’ just because you didn’t die while ranging a boss. Regardless of what the norm was at the time, it’s not that impressive of a feat.

Arah is difficult relative to all the other dungeons. Not so much relative to high level fractals. Would you agree? Or are you the unknown talent that solo’s everything because its ezpz

i even said in my original post that it wasnt impressive and hes always been an easy fight, and ive never gone above fotm 48 and its still fairly easy at that level

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

i even said in my original post that it wasnt impressive and hes always been an easy fight, and ive never gone above fotm 48 and its still fairly easy at that level

Can you solo them/it?

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Clumsy.6257

Can you solo them/it?

probably not but ive never tried and probably wont

Broadicea.8294

god I hate people that say crap like that

oh it’s so easy everything’s easy all so easy dungeons easy so easy ughghhhh EASY

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Yeah, well, it’s braindead easy after you’ve done them a lot, and even then there’s always room for mistakes if you lose focus. So definitely not idiot proof (just ask bad pugs), other than maybe uh… CoF and CoE? No need to try looking cool and pretend everything is super-hyper easy; while it’s indeed a pretty easy game to grasp and doesn’t have any complicated mechanics, you can always find a way to challenge yourself. I don’t think there are more than 3-5 people in this game who’ve really mastered it.
I dislike people running around saying everything is incredibly easy for them (and should be for all others too) and they’re great at it while they didn’t actually master any encounter… Sure as hell I have so much left to learn.
And by the way no, no way in hell I’ll help those deafmutes who don’t even read what I type when I explain them what to do in chat. Had two in CoE earlier: they were both defending with the warrior instead of channeling the console, even after I repeatedly counted and told them to come to my position, told them to read the chat, to pay attention and threatened them to kick if they didn’t read.
Ty to Nikaido (was it Nikaido?) for the definition of these players; ai laik deafmutes.

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

I think we call them kevlar, very bad players who act all high and mighty.

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

I have an idea. I’ve been playing since BETA and never was interested in dungeon master until recently which resulted me in going through all paths of dungeons I’ve never run. I’ve come across it the whole time, but not so much as LFG for Arah. The dungeon is probably the most difficult and has resulted in the players who have learned it to shun new guys. Most posts in Arah LFG consist of “no noobs” and “exp only.” So I decided to form a group of all noobs and watch a YouTube video of a group doing Arah P1 and lead my group based on the vid. After an hour, we managed to get past the Ancient Ooze and have struggled for the past 15-20 minutes trying to get everyone up to the Crystaline Entities. Growing frustrated, I came up with an idea…

How about Anet add some incentives for the many elitist veterans players to be less unwelcoming of inexperienced players. Something such as upon completing a dungeon with another player’s character(s) who’ve never completed the path, they get some bonus loot or money. There can be a multiplier of sorts where the more first timers, the more you get for helping.

I think some variation of this may be a great idea to change the kittenbaggery into camaraderie and provide less of a deterrent to the inexperienced who are intimidated by the excessively difficult dungeons. It would also get more people engaged in more of the content Anet has to offer and ultimately keep people playing.

I’ve added a screenshot of the very first result I saw when hopping back into LFG.

uhhh, correct me if I am wrong, if they can be convinced to help they wouldn’t be elitists would they? o_O

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: guanlongwucaii.3162

guanlongwucaii.3162

I think we call them kevlar, very bad players who act all high and mighty.

oh my god thanks for reminding me of that thread. it gave me a good laugh when I read it

Posted by: Bunmaster.9734

Bunmaster.9734

I think it’s connected, you make a less than optimal build, post it on your signature and you expect me to believe you will not defend your own build?

And then you want newbies to learn on their own and vets stay with vets. Try to see the connection here. You sound like someone who brings a less than optimal build and want the newbies to stay away from your group. It’s like a cleric’s guardian calling himself elite.

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Every time I read nearly any post in this sub forum I get sad. There are 5-10 people who comment on nearly every post, saying the exact same thing. No suggestions are worthwhile, unless it caters to the epic 1337 players who are seen all over YouTube soloing and speed clearing.

Personally, I really do get it. When I accomplish something in life or in guild wars I like to rub it in peoples faces. I want people to see my accomplishments, and either feel jealous or what have you.

I just feel like this sub forum is not helping anyone out. Every post in here is derailed into either a conversation of how guild wars has a billion bad players or how stupidly easy the game is for x, y, and z reasons.

I saw a post early that said that it is unacceptable for someone to not have 8 level 80s… And, well, wow. Have we all really gotten to the point where if you aren’t this epic caliber of player that you are simply bad?

I don’t know. All I know is that I am not cut out to be apart of this dungeon community, despite loving dungeon running, and doing it 9 hours a day for 3 months this summer.

Really OP, I think the summation of the 4 pages of posts in this thread is this: no one wants help and no one wants to help. The dungeon community has failed, the best thing to do is to join a guild, never pug, and make sure that if you aren’t the best or perfect player, you understand that there might eventually be a screen shot of your toon on that player fails thread, because it is just that toxic.

My 2 c.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Ethics.4519

Every time I read nearly any post in this sub forum I get sad. There are 5-10 people who comment on nearly every post, saying the exact same thing. No suggestions are worthwhile, unless it caters to the epic 1337 players who are seen all over YouTube soloing and speed clearing.

Personally, I really do get it. When I accomplish something in life or in guild wars I like to rub it in peoples faces. I want people to see my accomplishments, and either feel jealous or what have you.

I just feel like this sub forum is not helping anyone out. Every post in here is derailed into either a conversation of how guild wars has a billion bad players or how stupidly easy the game is for x, y, and z reasons.

I saw a post early that said that it is unacceptable for someone to not have 8 level 80s… And, well, wow. Have we all really gotten to the point where if you aren’t this epic caliber of player that you are simply bad?

I don’t know. All I know is that I am not cut out to be apart of this dungeon community, despite loving dungeon running, and doing it 9 hours a day for 3 months this summer.

Really OP, I think the summation of the 4 pages of posts in this thread is this: no one wants help and no one wants to help. The dungeon community has failed, the best thing to do is to join a guild, never pug, and make sure that if you aren’t the best or perfect player, you understand that there might eventually be a screen shot of your toon on that player fails thread, because it is just that toxic.

My 2 c.

I missed the 8 lvl 80 thing, could you post that?

I think the issue is that those same 5 people see the same thing over and over again. They respond sarcastically or non-helpful to people that come on here not actually wanting help. They just want to whine and moan and have people say “Yeah! I hate skipping” and agree with OP.

Anytime at ALL I’ve asked for a strategy, a better way, a question about build, they’ve been helpful.

Just the other day I asked about reflecting projecticles in fotm and how the stacking actually works in fotm underwater. Either emanuel or maskedparadigm gave a good answer.

If the question is “I’m having issues with the spider queen boss. Can anybody tell me a good strategy and what I should be running to make this easier?” It would be filled with helpful advice and some jokes.

If the question is “OMG! I hate stacking. Why do people MAKE me stack then kick me when I don’t??? Anet needs to stop this elitism!” Then yes, they will be shunned and jokes will be made at their expense.

RIP in peace Robert

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

My 2 c.

If people would stop making stupid posts then they wouldn’t need us to give them … the appropriate treatment.

Though if you can tell me how zerker and elitist QQ threads are in any way constructive, please enlighten me, because the way I see it they don’t deserve a dignified response, they deserve mocking and contempt.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

Sounds good, but it needs some failsafe way to work. Or else I’ll just buy a new account, run 2 instances of gw2 and make new alts every time for the extra rewards.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

My 2 c.

Actually, not really. When people come here with legitimate questions and issues that they are willing to discuss in an intelligent way, or simply something they don’t know, we’ll be friendly and helpful. Or one of the two, depending on mood/person. It’s the people that come here and reiterate stupid stuff of which there are usually 1 or 2 other threads up already on the front page that we don’t like and troll/insult.

Helpful thread

Helpful thread

Helpful thread

Sort of helpful thread, some trolling

Helpful thread

You get the picture.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

Ethics.4519

Sounds good, but it needs some failsafe way to work. Or else I’ll just buy a new account, run 2 instances of gw2 and make new alts every time for the extra rewards.

Working as intended. Anet just doubled sales.

RIP in peace Robert

Posted by: Dromar.1027

Dromar.1027

Youtube and wiki is there for a reason

Obtena.7952

I think it’s connected, you make a less than optimal build, post it on your signature and you expect me to believe you will not defend your own build?

Don’t think … read. This thread isn’t about defending a build in my signature. I didn’t bring up this subject, YOU did. It’s there for trollbait … Somehow you seem to be making it a meal. You have made a connection between my signature and a post I’ve made. If some contradication between the two bothers you, then comment on the post, not the signature.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

I’d just like to point out, to those particular responses to my post that were…. Well, trolly, I’m not one of those players who refuses to jump on the bandwagon. I have my zerk gear, I very much love skips, and I try to benefit my team in every way I can. I like it when my teammates are at least on that level, but I’ve never been one to tell a person that I must see their gear, except for when I question their AR in higher levels of fractals.

The point of my post was not to come off as whiny, but frustrated. The only positive posts I see are the ones of speed clearing so and so or neat videos that really demonstrate an amazing knowledge of the mechanics of the game, which I might add, I am no where close to, skill wise. But any time a newbie or whatever asks questions there begins this tug of war between these power house players, who all say the same thing but honestly, I don’t think are all that helpful to newbies. I didn’t learn to dodge for a while. It took practice. I practiced in pvt gear. A newbie might need that, but I don’t think anyone on this forum really cares about that aspect….
That’s really my only point. When people message me in game questions about anything I’m glad to give my opinion. I just don’t see why there isn’t more civility in this sub forum. And no, I don’t agree with the zerk whining or the skipping QQers. I hate reading their posts too.

flies away trying to promise herself she doesn’t post again in the dungeon sub forum

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

colesy.8490

Like I said, stupid posts.

Why make a thread about overpowered tafu tree when you could take yourself to youtube, watch a speed kill and look at what they do? If that’s too hard (and there are intricacies that players will miss, that’s fine) then say something lke “I’m having trouble with the tree in tafu; I watched a video of a speed kill but I don’t quite understand exactly why and when they dodged and why and when they put reflects up”.

Then you’d get responses like “when you see X, dodge, when you see Y, put up a reflect”.

Obviously not relevant now because the path got replaced by scrublet and the aethertards, but you get the idea.

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

thats not good advice. you dont learn from easier stuff. you only learn when you fail.

When you are willing to fail and keep trying. But yes. This.

Here’s my issue, if the elitists are gonna kick guardians because of their OPINION of a single GM trait (one that was a cornerstone trait less than 4 months ago), then they need some perspective, and consider how rude, condescending and snotty they sound when giving “advice.”

If you are telling parties what to do over and over again and they are NOT LISTENING, and then posting on the forum how rude and obnoxious the zerkz are, perhaps it’s not the pugs that’s the problem.

And wow…

god I hate people that say crap like that

oh it’s so easy everything’s easy all so easy dungeons easy so easy ughghhhh EASY

if pugs weren’t so kittening horrible and so godkitten unkittening grateful to be taught something and so kittening resistant to changing their idiotic training wheel, non-contributing-kitten -kittenin-no-damage-kitten -doin-kittenin-20-minute-lupicus-killin-kitten ways I might be more inclined to help them out

GW2 worst player base in mmo history, BELIEVE DAT

Get help.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

Ethics.4519

If you are telling parties what to do over and over again and they are NOT LISTENING, and then posting on the forum how rude and obnoxious the zerkz are, perhaps it’s not the pugs that’s the problem.

I see this opposite. I would say “perhaps it’s not the zerk party that’s the problem”

RIP in peace Robert

lunyboy.8672

I see this opposite. I would say “perhaps it’s not the zerk party that’s the problem”

I guess you would see it that way. Maybe that’s part of the problem.

Ethics.4519

We can do a back and forth all day, but that will help nothing. There are two scenarios

1) The zerker party is rude. They yell at the 1500 range ranger and tell him to melee. He says he only uses bows, so they call him a BHB and kick him.

2) An efficient group that may or may not be zerk. They say “Hey, do you mind stacking over here and getting a sword. You’re pulling the boss” So the ranger replies “I play how I want” Then he finishes the dungeon and comes on the forums to complain about how elitist zerk parites are.

I see the 2nd one more often than the first.

RIP in peace Robert

lunyboy.8672

We can do a back and forth all day, but that will help nothing. There are two scenarios

1) The zerker party is rude. They yell at the 1500 range ranger and tell him to melee. He says he only uses bows, so they call him a BHB and kick him.

2) An efficient group that may or may not be zerk. They say “Hey, do you mind stacking over here and getting a sword. You’re pulling the boss” So the ranger replies “I play how I want” Then he finishes the dungeon and comes on the forums to complain about how elitist zerk parites are.

My guild pulls pugs all the time, and we have only ever kicked one guy after 100s of runs.

One. Mostly for being rude.

We ask nicely, and people are so happy to have the help understanding the mechanics or better ways of doing things, they happily oblige and thank us for the fast run and the help.

But I also don’t talk down to people about their builds on the forums, or act like mine is the only opinion that matters.

Ethics.4519

My guild pulls pugs all the time, and we have only ever kicked one guy after 100s of runs.

We ask nicely, and people are so happy to have the help understanding the mechanics or better ways of doing things, they happily oblige and thank us for the fast run and the help.

But I also don’t talk down to people about their builds on the forums, or act like mine is the only opinion that matters.

I never said you did. We’re talking about in game.

You gave one example to boost my point, and none to the other.

I believe some people that come in here saying that a zerker was rude to them (they probably joined a speedrun group) but I think it’s safe to say a lot are made up to get their point across.

RIP in peace Robert

lunyboy.8672

I never said you did. We’re talking about in game.

You gave one example to boost my point, and none to the other.

I believe some people that come in here saying that a zerker was rude to them (they probably joined a speedrun group) but I think it’s safe to say a lot are made up to get their point across.

This entire thread (and 80% of the others in this sub) are full of people talking smack about other people’s builds, and that culture permeates the game.

I won’t defend their choices in the current meta, but having everyone harass them about their “terrible” Gear, Traits, Weapons, and utilities isn’t going to bring everyone up to your standards.

The people here moan and complain about how all the “bads” don’t listen, when it’s pretty clear that most people wouldn’t listen to them even if they are correct, simply because they are Dismissive, Condescending, and Rude.

Just because people agree with you doesn’t mean that you are right, and this culture of “the cool kids speed runners club” is creating a very adversarial attitude in both the people who listen to the elitists, and the people who don’t like their superiority complex. Making this particular group their own worst enemy, and rendering them incapable of anything but making fun of people struggling to understand a game that is very different from other MMOs.

At least some of you have made easily found videos about builds and traits for certain professions, but in reality, some of the people that come here to the dungeon forums do so ONLY to make fun of others that come here to ask legitimate questions. I mean, if you are so bored with the game that you have to troll the forums, go play something else and leave the community more positive and helpful than it is with you in it.

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

The people here moan and complain about how all the “bads” don’t listen, when it’s pretty clear that most people wouldn’t listen to them even if they are correct, simply because they are Dismissive, Condescending, and Rude.

Actually, unlike how we act on these forums, most of us are usually really friendly in game.

For example, we were doing CM a while ago and had 3/5 of guildies in the team. We filled the other two with PUGs and a lvl 56 mesmer joined. I responded in party chat “look, lvl 56 mesmer, I don’t mind that you bring a low-lvl character instead of a lvl 80, but as soon as I feel that you’re not pulling your weight, I’m kicking and replacing you”. He responded with “sounds fine by me”, and lo and behold, he pulled his weight and we had a jolly good time both in p2 and p3.

Same with staff camping Guardians, I don’t always proceed to kick them. I usually ask “say, staff camping guardian, could you please come melee with us, or are you going to keep camping staff?”. If he decides that melee is not his “playstyle” and he’ll keep camping staff, the kick boot will be swift, but if he gets his stuff together and joins us in melee, I’ll be happy to finish the run with him.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

colesy.8490

Legitimate questions such as “tafu 2 hard QQQQQQQQQ”?

Because watching a youtube video is just too hard.

The best bit is when they’re given advice and just ignore it, saying “well I don’t always get to be in a group with zerker elitist 3 war 1 guard 1 mes!” even though PVT is actually better than zerker for the sake of that fight, and you literally just need some sort of reflect/absorb which guardian, thief, ranger, engineer, warrior (if traited, though that means bad build) and ele can provide. So… every class besides necro.