Just some elitist thoughts

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: GrimmR.3541

GrimmR.3541

Hey all, once again it’s Grimm.
So, to start my thread; I’m an elitist, I enjoy min- maxing, developing tactics, clearing content fast and in general, i like the “elitist community“. Before my time as an elitist I was a casual too, I did dungeons every now and then without caring about gear or anything, then one day I discovered the DnT metaguides on youtube and got to know a few german guys who brought me into fast dungeonclears. I was impressed and so I started to “develop“ myself as a player and now I am at a point where I consider myself as being a hardcore player.

So I am kinda active on the forums, especially in this subforum. And I have to say that I am about to give up hope on this community! At first it was funny to see threads blaming the berserker meta and elitist players but I am at a point where I just roll my eyes when such a thread appears again. The issue is that I am not the only one.

Many casuals come to this forum (which is good imo) and ask open questions or create “ragethreads“

• Those can be about gear, builds etc.
    Once an elitist gives advice about metabuilds, it happens to be the case that people say he forces the casual into the meta. In fact he doesn’t.
  • People create threads about getting kicked for not playing the meta.
    That’s true and I will keep kicking you if you don’t fit my standards. That’s my right as a player. Create your own group and YOU can make the requirements.
  • People come to the forums and start threads about “broken combatdesign“ or getting forced into using meta builds.
    Both are not the case. Combatdesign is perfectly alright, it are the encounters who could need a rework. Also does no one force you into running the meta, it is up to YOU what you find enjoyable, it is up to YOU if you want to skip or not, it is up to YOU if you stack or not.
    Here the issue is that people watch record videos and try to adopt the tactics in normal dungeonruns. They don’t see the work the other classes do (blinds, aegis etc) nor do they get that those runs are RECORD RUNS, pretty obvious imo. People spend a ton of time making them and if you’re not much into speedclears then of course they seem easy.
  • People cry about the lack of a holy trinity
    Well, was obvious from the headstart on. Go play a “support/tank“ char but don’t think you will be useful then. That’s a fact so pretty please get over that.
  • People creaty threads about getting scammed
    That’s the case, unfortunately. If they do a legit run, they should be allowed to sell. Anet never stated that it would be forbidden to sell legit solo or duo runs.

Another issue I come along every now and then is the attitude of some players. When you are not open for constructive arguments then pretty please don’t create threads here. Stop fighting in lost points.

Summarising:
We all enjoy to play this game in different ways, that’s fine. But we are not allowed to ask for changes just because they fit OUR PERSONAL TASTE. We can bring points up, ask for for advices, share our points of view and so on. But I am sick of stubborn behaviour on this forum.

Last words:
I don’t mean to offend anyone, I just try to explain the way alot of people feel about this. (hopefully)

Sorry for spellies, im not a native english speaker and it’s too early in the morning for my personal taste!

Now let the fight begin again..

#justelitistthings

toxic since 2012

(edited by GrimmR.3541)

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

10/10 exactly my thoughts, almost as if you’re reading my mind. >:o

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

See, posting this here gives the casuals right too to post their casual topics. It’s a free forum you see.

And the post… it’s meh. Nothing that we didn’t allready see from little elitist kitten (and by kitten i mean real furry animal not a swear). No lollygagin’.

Posted by: No Pulse.2967

No Pulse.2967

Once an elitist gives advice about metabuilds, it happens to be the case that people say he forces the casual into the meta. In fact he doesn’t.

Hehehe.

Long long time ago, I was kicked from my casual guild because they “play how they want” and it “always worked” for them so I should stop giving advice “forcing” them to play my way.

For instance, a newbie would ask in guild chat what weapon his mesmer should use in dungeons and get told to “take a staff because the skills look flashy and cool”. I would answer “melee is your best option, so go sword/focus” followed by explanations why sword is superior. Apparently, that hurt their egos.

At least there are still some people who appreciate help (ty [Noob] students).

Inactive member in Dark Renegatus [REN]
The Order of Calamity [OOC] is recruiting!
5/8 Champion titles

GrimmR.3541

Hehehe.

Long long time ago, I was kicked from my casual guild because they “play how they want” and it “always worked” for them so I should stop giving advice “forcing” them to play my way.

For instance, a newbie would ask in guild chat what weapon his mesmer should use in dungeons and get told to “take a staff because the skills look flashy and cool”. I would answer “melee is your best option, so go sword/focus” followed by explanations why sword is superior. Apparently, that hurt their egos.

At least there are still some people who appreciate help (ty [Noob] students).

I know that feeling mate!

toxic since 2012

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Very casual topic. You are not a true PvF elitist unless your posts make someone cry or rage.

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

And I have to say that I am about to give up hope on this community!

I’m sorry to break this to you, but people are different, have different tastes and abilities, different priorities and different life experiences. There’s no such thing as “this community”, but just a collection of many different people with different views of reality. As such, some of them work well with your likes and dislikes, and some clash violently.

Now, did I tell you something new? I hope not .

Anyway, no matter where you post or talk, you won’t be able to make everyone around you “see the light” and agree that your point of view is the right one. Some people won’t appreciate the dungeon meta because it takes them out of their comfort zone and requires an amount of adaptation and practice that they are not willing (or even interested) in investing, because it defeats their purpose of playing this game. Some people will actively try to discredit/remove the dungeon meta because they feel (not necessarily based in logic) their own playstyle impacted in a way they don’t enjoy. Some people just try to get a rise out of provocing others.

The current dungeon meta is a playstyle that is enjoyable for many players of GW2, but certainly not for all. I play in two guilds, one more dungeon focussed with a tendency towards melee and even straight meta builds and strategies, the other more casual with a strong tendency to play dungeons ranged, with minimal to no skipping, and a good amount of “support” builds. In one guild, the average player is probably 20 years younger than me, in the other a lot of people are my age or even 10+ years older than me.

Personally, I enjoy both playstyles with the right people, and detest both with people I don’t mesh with. I’ve had my run-ins (in-game, I don’t enjoy that kind of controversy on the forums) with “casuals” that found me going melee on berserker builds irritating, as well as with “elitists” that were upset by me not knowing every dungeon encounter in this game by heart (I came to meta dungeoning rather late in my GW2 career), or by my sub-par reflexes (that’s what age does to you, although mine weren’t even that great to begin with).

There are days when the amount of whining about different playstyles on the forums gets to me. That’s when I try to leave the forums be and concentrate on actually playing, because there really is nothing to gain by getting into an argument with someone who is determined that their point of view is the one and only truth, except for a concussion from running head-first into a brick wall again and again. It will only make you feel worse, but (usually) no amount of reasoning will make the other person more tolerant.

If you find the amount of posts of that kind on the forums getting to you, take a forum break, or be more selective with what you read. The world will not stop turning because you take a semi-break from forum wars. There’s about as much chance to stop people from posting suggestions that seem unreasonable to you and directly impact your playstyle as there is a chance for you to rid the public park next door of weeds forever.

Have fun in-game, and let those you consider forum trolls hang high and dry. They will go away quickest if they don’t have anyone to argue with.

GrimmR.3541

Yes Rasimir, you are right.
But as I wrote above, is no one forcing any meta to new people. Nor is anyone forcing them to go melee or to skip trashmobs.

It’s irritating that some people claim they would be forced into the meta and then with the demand for changes kinda try to force their preference up to us.
I mean correct me if I’m wrong but if being able to skip certain mobs gets removed from the game, aren’t I then indirectly forced to not do it anymore ? So what now if i like skipping mobs ?
Just doesn’t fit for me as in the way it is now we can play how we want and they can play how they want, right ?

toxic since 2012

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

Combatdesign is perfectly alright, it are the encounters who could need a rework.

“Combat design is perfectly fine, the encounters are the ones in need of a rework.”

Just a typo, I agree with you on all points though.

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

Anyway, no matter where you post or talk, you won’t be able to make everyone around you “see the light” and agree that your point of view is the right one. Some people won’t appreciate the dungeon meta because it takes them out of their comfort zone and requires an amount of adaptation and practice that they are not willing (or even interested) in investing, because it defeats their purpose of playing this game. Some people will actively try to discredit/remove the dungeon meta because they feel (not necessarily based in logic) their own playstyle impacted in a way they don’t enjoy. Some people just try to get a rise out of provocing others.

Well, my standpoint on that matter is that if someone comes to the forums with a flawed opinion and noone is there to show him that he’s wrong, then he will think he’s right. He will keep talking about that and more and more people will start to believe him until ANet thinks he represents a majority.
Now there are some phrases up for interpretation, like how do we judge if someone’s opinion is flawed. I would think ANet would have to take that job, but since they don’t, we have to do that. And I think the most optimal way to run dungeons should be the “meta”, which it is.
And let’s not forget that this already happened. I can recall that the explorable path should be the challenge in the game. The fact that most storymodes are more challenging shows that this didn’t work out. But if ANet would try to meet their goal they had upon launch, they would be flamed pretty hard by all casual players.

GrimmR.3541

Combatdesign is perfectly alright, it are the encounters who could need a rework.

“Combat design is perfectly fine, the encounters are the ones in need of a rework.”

Just a typo, I agree with you on all points though.

Mate, it was early in the morning!
But yeah, cheers!

toxic since 2012

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

Cool, we get it. Stop posting the same thread over and over. Elitist r ppl 3.

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Too long didn’t read. Wtf is going on srsly?

Snow Crows [SC]

GrimmR.3541

Thanks for that constructive comment. Glad I found out what you think about this, couldn’t live without knowing that! Now feel free to leave this.

toxic since 2012

GrimmR.3541

Too long didn’t read. Wtf is going on srsly?

Mix of boredom, brainhurt and general hate for “people“.

toxic since 2012

Posted by: Sesshi.2610

Sesshi.2610

you sure like to use the word ‘elitist’ a lot >.>

GrimmR.3541

I do. How did you find out ? O.o
Got the word out of a lot of threads, now i use it.

toxic since 2012

Lunar Sunset.8742

Thanks for that constructive comment. Glad I found out what you think about this, couldn’t live without knowing that! Now feel free to leave this.

Just like your constructive comment?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Fun-things-to-do-at-Lupi/first#post4583256

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

GrimmR.3541

Well, was a normal question. It’s not up to you to tell people to leave the game.

toxic since 2012

Lunar Sunset.8742

Well, was a normal question. It’s not up to you to tell people to leave the game.

I didn’t tell him to gtfo, I gave him a possibility. If you scroll down and read the thread, he didn’t mind my comment, now did he?

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

GrimmR.3541

Well, according to your later comment i see what kind of person you are. But ok. Of course you did not tell him to gtfo. And just because he didn’t mind your comment by saying so, doesn’t mean he didn’t mind it at all.
Also was it just a nornal question from my side, what’s wrong about that ?

Edit: according to this:https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Behavior-in-Dungeons/first#post4583435

toxic since 2012

(edited by GrimmR.3541)

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

If you really want to casual ppl to get into metas and listen to you, you guys really need to learn how to say it – this thread is pretty much the opposite lol, and atm half of this boards “elitists” seem to be banned or infracted all the time, for a reason i guess
Nike! does it pretty well in his videos imo, could take example from him

9 Guardians later…

GrimmR.3541

Man, i think you got me wrong there!
My intention isn’t to convince someone of the meta, I simply tried to summarise ideas and arguments some berserker aspirants have when it comes to this forum.

toxic since 2012

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

But as I wrote above, is no one forcing any meta to new people. Nor is anyone forcing them to go melee or to skip trashmobs.

I know, but that wasn’t my point. My point was: If the posts are starting to get to you and intrude on your fun, think twice about what arguments you get yourself into. It’s only worth to post/argue/give advice/whatever if it doesn’t ruin your own mood. There’s people that will never “see the light”, that live with a totally different view of the world in general (and the game in particular) than yours. Go ahead and try to show them your way, but be wary when the cost of trying to show them your truth is getting too high for you.

Well, my standpoint on that matter is that if someone comes to the forums with a flawed opinion and noone is there to show him that he’s wrong, then he will think he’s right. He will keep talking about that and more and more people will start to believe him until ANet thinks he represents a majority.

See above. As long as you’re ok with it showing people what you believe to be the right way is good. It’s when the “oposition” is starting to intrude on your fun in the game that you need to carefully decide which battle to fight and which to leave to others.

GrimmR.3541

I know, but that wasn’t my point. My point was: If the posts are starting to get to you and intrude on your fun, think twice about what arguments you get yourself into. It’s only worth to post/argue/give advice/whatever if it doesn’t ruin your own mood. There’s people that will never “see the light”, that live with a totally different view of the world in general (and the game in particular) than yours. Go ahead and try to show them your way, but be wary when the cost of trying to show them your truth is getting too high for you.

See above. As long as you’re ok with it showing people what you believe to be the right way is good. It’s when the “oposition” is starting to intrude on your fun in the game that you need to carefully decide which battle to fight and which to leave to others.

I know mate, it’s getting frustrating but don’t worry, I will take a break before I start hitting a wall with my head!

toxic since 2012

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

Op, you reminded me on some guy (maybe it was you who knows) in lvl 40 fractals. Since beginning he politely but in a f-u-are-u-mad-bro way asking for might. Every 3 seconds. Then i realised i left my traits from wvw by accident. But this guy… literally every 3 seconds: ele gimme might, ele wheres mi might mate, ele why are you not giving might? You know what ele, set your taits this and that so you can give might.

That kittened me and i did not change my build. I stayed 0 0 2 6 6 now nobody gets might only auras. Nobody.

You remind me of that guy. Bossing people around, BUT if you put a smile on the end of it you think people wouldn’t notice that you are being pushy elitist kitty?

Once i got a advice from guildie, he is unusually calm, while i raged at other guildie for using this weapon instead that, and this build and not that , he just said:

Just let him play whatever he wants. If he likes it, leave him alone. Let him enjoy the game. And since then, game has been a bliss.

You continue with your elitism, and let others play as they like.

You can find others elitist, join hands and dance in circles around zerk greatsword and pray to the hundread blades and might gods.

Relax mate and enjoy the game. Don’t worry about gear and builds that others use just enjoy it.

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Once i got a advice from guildie, he is unusually calm, while i raged at other guildie for using this weapon instead that, and this build and not that , he just said:

Just let him play whatever he wants. If he likes it, leave him alone. Let him enjoy the game. And since then, game has been a bliss.

You can find others elitist, join hands and dance in circles around zerk greatsword and pray to the hundread blades and might gods.

Relax mate and enjoy the game. Don’t worry about gear and builds that others use just enjoy it.

The “elitists” are already doing this by posting their own LFGs with specific requirements yet still the casual carebear commanders insist on joining those and proceed to complain about it them pushing the zerker meta and not letting them play how they want.

GrimmR.3541

Op, you reminded me on some guy (maybe it was you who knows) in lvl 40 fractals. Since beginning he politely but in a f-u-are-u-mad-bro way asking for might. Every 3 seconds. Then i realised i left my traits from wvw by accident. But this guy… literally every 3 seconds: ele gimme might, ele wheres mi might mate, ele why are you not giving might? You know what ele, set your taits this and that so you can give might.

That kittened me and i did not change my build. I stayed 0 0 2 6 6 now nobody gets might only auras. Nobody.

You remind me of that guy. Bossing people around, BUT if you put a smile on the end of it you think people wouldn’t notice that you are being pushy elitist kitty?

Not sure if you are trolling or not. When did i try to push people into the meta ? Where have I been a pushing elitist kitty ? Where did I tell people how to play the game ? Heck, did you even read my post ?

To the other part, I don’t pug fractals or dungeons anymore so it wasn’t me.
But cheers for comparing me!

toxic since 2012

Posted by: drowze.3709

drowze.3709

I don’t mind elitists. They usually leave me alone, because I leave them alone: I don’t join “Meta only” LFG-groups, because I have 2 trait points allotted differently from the meta build on gw2dungeons, for example.

What I do mind is elitists joining a pug group, for no other reason, it seems, than to feel better about themselves and look down on casual players. I have to say I only encountered one such incident myself.

A member of a well established speed clear guild was in the pug group (I won’t name the guild, not my intention to put entire guilds in a bad light) for AC p1 or 3. The person who put up the lfg asked for an ele only, because for casual pugs, icebow 4 helps a lot with them burrows. Said speed clear member joined us and immediately targetted the person who put up the lfg and started flaming “omg, you elitist, why ele only??”; in caps and not as nicely worded. I thought it was an attempt at humor, as I recognized their guild tag and know how you guys need to deal with anti-elitism every day in this forum. So I didn’t pay too much attention to it. After spider queen, he would skip the champ graveling and wait at Kholer, while every other pug run I had been in would kill that group of foes. He wouldn’t come help us kill and was complaining about how slow we were. At Kholer, people weren’t blasting his fire fields, which made him say “blasts, blasts, blasts, you casuals”. All his chat was in caps throughout this. After Kholer, I apologized for being casual, wished them a good run and left the party.

I know it was one individual, but every time I see the guild tag in my group, I am reminded of this experience and I ready myself for a possible bad attitude elitist. I admit though that most other members from this guild that I have encountered, turned out to be nice people.

TL;DR
Just wanna point out that there are at least a couple of rotten apples in your speed clear community that for some reason join pugs, while it clearly isn’t the play style for them (unless they deliberately join just to enjoy making fun of “casual pug scrubs” and feeling superior, which is even worse). And by doing so making a bad name for your entire community.

And just to end on a friendly note, thanks to all you “elitists” that contributed to gw2dungeons. It’s an awesome site and I often refer my even more “casualer” than me guildies to it, whenever they ask me how to gear/trait their character for dungeons/fractals^^

(edited by drowze.3709)

Posted by: Verificus.4320

Verificus.4320

While I agree with most of what you say I do feel you’re approaching it all in the wrong way.

All my characters are Zerker too. I am one of those people who would love to play a tank or healer but I do understand meta and I understand it won’t work in gw2 so I just play meta instead.

The problem is however, you guys (as in, you ‘elitists’, i really don’t want to call you that as it has a negative connotation to it and I don’t want to insult people) think you represent a majority of gw2 players. You think it’s all the ragers and noobs here on the forums that are in the wrong. And yes, they are in the wrong, but THEY are the majority. Not you. And one of the most ancient rules in the history of mankind is: Majority rules. Even if you are right and they are wrong. The people who do speedclears or any type of ‘hardcore’ pve in this game most likely represent less than 1% of all players. Who do you think Anet is going to appease if changes were ever to be made? (Not that they will anytime soon since there is no focus on Dungeons and PvE at the moment from the developers)
Again, you are right for the most part. In order to make tanks and healers ‘viable’ they must change/create new encounters. I’m just saying that they won’t. The will instead change systems. Ferocity nerf is proof of this. In knowning they will look towards system changes before redesigning the content and encounters from the ground up, I’d express my opinion on how I’d like to see that being worked out cuz at least then, we as players have some control over how the ‘new system’ will look like. If you keep hammering on ‘design better encounters’ you will miss opportunities to give input on system design changes. Cuz they really won’t change aggro mechanics, Boss AI, and add in raid-type (aka WoW) mechanics because it a) costs more money than something like a ferocity nerf b) costs alot more effort, time and manpower which they don’t have or are unwilling to allocate and c) the vast vast vast majority of this game is super duper casual and will most likely not understand or be able to ever execute these things. It’s not in their best interest money-wise to make these changes. I instead see them trying to close the gap between clerics and zerk by making more system changes.

GrimmR.3541

I don’t mind elitists. They usually leave me alone, because I leave them alone: I don’t join “Meta only” LFG-groups, because I have 2 trait points allotted differently from the meta build on gw2dungeons, for example.

What I do mind is elitists joining a pug group, for no other reason, it seems, than to feel better about themselves and look down on casual players. I have to say I only encountered one such incident myself.

A member of a well established speed clear guild was in the pug group (I won’t name the guild, not my intention to put entire guilds in a bad light) for AC p1 or 3. The person who put up the lfg asked for an ele only, because for casual pugs, icebow 4 helps a lot with them burrows. Said speed clear member joined us and immediately targetted the person who put up the lfg and started flaming “omg, you elitist, why ele only??”; in caps and not as nicely worded. I thought it was an attempt at humor, as I recognized their guild tag and know how you guys need to deal with anti-elitism every day in this forum. So I didn’t pay too much attention to it. After spider queen, he would skip the champ graveling and wait at Kholer, while every other pug run I had been in would kill that group of foes. He wouldn’t come help us kill and was complaining about how slow we were. At Kholer, people weren’t blasting his fire fields, which made him say “blasts, blasts, blasts, you casuals”. All his chat was in caps throughout this. After Kholer, I apologized for being casual, wished them a good run and left the party.

I know it was one individual, but every time I see the guild tag in my group, I am reminded of this experience and I ready myself for a possible bad attitude elitist. I admit though that most other members from this guild that I have encountered, turned out to be nice people.

TL;DR
Just wanna point out that there are at least a couple of rotten apples in your speed clear community that for some reason join pugs, while it clearly isn’t the play style for them (unless they deliberately join just to enjoy making fun of “casual pug scrubs” and feeling superior, which is even worse). And by doing so making a bad name for your entire community.

And just to end on a friendly note, thanks to all you “elitists” that contributed to gw2dungeons. It’s an awesome site and I often refer my even more “casualer” than me guildies to it, whenever they ask me how to gear/trait their character for dungeons/fractals^^

I’m sorry that you had to meet such a person! The way this sounds to me is that this guy is a person I would refuse to play with aswell.
Nevertheless are there rotten apples on both sides.

And as you said, a lot of hardcore players put much effort into projects to help the community which is pretty awesome in my opinion!

toxic since 2012

GrimmR.3541

While I agree with most of what you say I do feel you’re approaching it all in the wrong way.

All my characters are Zerker too. I am one of those people who would love to play a tank or healer but I do understand meta and I understand it won’t work in gw2 so I just play meta instead.

The problem is however, you guys (as in, you ‘elitists’, i really don’t want to call you that as it has a negative connotation to it and I don’t want to insult people) think you represent a majority of gw2 players. You think it’s all the ragers and noobs here on the forums that are in the wrong. And yes, they are in the wrong, but THEY are the majority. Not you. And one of the most ancient rules in the history of mankind is: Majority rules. Even if you are right and they are wrong. The people who do speedclears or any type of ‘hardcore’ pve in this game most likely represent less than 1% of all players. Who do you think Anet is going to appease if changes were ever to be made? (Not that they will anytime soon since there is no focus on Dungeons and PvE at the moment from the developers)
Again, you are right for the most part. In order to make tanks and healers ‘viable’ they must change/create new encounters. I’m just saying that they won’t. The will instead change systems. Ferocity nerf is proof of this. In knowning they will look towards system changes before redesigning the content and encounters from the ground up, I’d express my opinion on how I’d like to see that being worked out cuz at least then, we as players have some control over how the ‘new system’ will look like. If you keep hammering on ‘design better encounters’ you will miss opportunities to give input on system design changes. Cuz they really won’t change aggro mechanics, Boss AI, and add in raid-type (aka WoW) mechanics because it a) costs more money than something like a ferocity nerf b) costs alot more effort, time and manpower which they don’t have or are unwilling to allocate and c) the vast vast vast majority of this game is super duper casual and will most likely not understand or be able to ever execute these things. It’s not in their best interest money-wise to make these changes. I instead see them trying to close the gap between clerics and zerk by making more system changes.

You are right in the second part. But i think most of us know that we aren’t the majority. And unfortunately do I agree that we won’t find open ears that easily. But I can still hope.
Too many awesome players left this game already because a) the lack of new content other than LS and b) because of the facts you mentioned above.

toxic since 2012

Posted by: Conaywea.5062

Conaywea.5062

Can i know why you need 7k Ap + full zerk for a simple AC p1?

GrimmR.3541

Putting an AP requirement into LFG’s is kittened in my opinion!

toxic since 2012

Posted by: Tom Yzf.5872

Tom Yzf.5872

there are definitely sphincters on both sides of the coin. I’ll agree with that.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

sphincters

/slow clap

Posted by: Silmar Alech.4305

Silmar Alech.4305

Although I play a few hours almost every day since release, I still call myself casual when in comes to combat tactics. I simply want to kill the enemy, but don’t want to perform some kind of rain dance (might stacking) or something equally strange to achieve this. I just hit the enemy, and it goes down sooner or later. Mission accomplished.

I know that there are elitists and speedrunners and read about their demand of builds and tactics, and I even adopt some of their builds and tactics, because they work good. But I don’t demand from others to do the same. I can only recommend, but never demand. The elitists I met from time to time, on the other hand, force their tactics upon me and get rude if I don’t heed them. And they look down upon me. You wrote a different thing, but elitists I met acted like I described it. Perhaps they were just jerks and no real elitists, but it is very hard to distinguish between them.

So I stay away from elitists (and people acting like them) in the game, and they stay away from me. This works very good for both of us, and I hope it will stay this way. We are from totally different worlds. I simply play for fun and recreation, while they seem to play for… well.. don’t know, they aim to be someone and to achieve something that doesn’t exist for me.

GrimmR.3541

I agree with you Silmar. If i use the LFG tool i always put in requirements, but I don’t join groups and force my tacrics/builds/gear up to them. Never ever.

toxic since 2012

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

Well, we call ourselves elitists as a joke, because that’s how we’re categorized by the other end of the spectrum, but the real elitists, those who try to force their playstyle onto others ( those are in both meta and non meta groups), are a totally different thing. Nothing new really, and people not willing to listen to that won’t magically change. There’s a lot of us “elitists” helping less experienced people to progress by showing them our strats, by taking them in our groups, by sharing and arguing about builds and how we learned how the game works. There’s also the noob guild, my and others teaching run via lfg, etc. On the other hand, there’s also non meta players perfectly fine with the meta, and realizing they’re not optimal for speedclears, wich is the last of their problems. And there’s tards everywhere.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

Except the same boring jokes and elitist-jabbering which we already now have heard 100 times I can’t really figure out what’s the sense of this thread even after reading this text the 3rd time :/
At one time it was funny to make jokes about uninformed players but meanwhile you can plainly read out the haughtiness which is just awkward.

Grimkram [sS]

(edited by dominik.9721)

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

What is this ‘readin’ people keep jabbering on about.

Must be some long lost hidden elitist art that they use to communicate with one another when creating their toxic zerk only pug parties.

Posted by: Tom Yzf.5872

Tom Yzf.5872

whoa whoa whoa… what is this word “communicate”? we’re still trying to decipher the word “read”

oxtred.7658

“Decipher?” He asked, and the story repeated itself again.

J Eberle.9312

Guys I’m picking up negative vibes from the way you are phrasing the conversation, please stop before I create a wall of text thanks.

oxtred.7658

You’re not creating walls. You’re creating doors to the litterature heaven with your writings.

GrimmR.3541

Except the same boring jokes and elitist-jabbering which we already now have heard 100 times I can’t really figure out what’s the sense of this thread even after reading this text the 3rd time :/
At one time it was funny to make jokes about uninformed players but meanwhile you can plainly read out the haughtiness which is just awkward.

Ok sir.
Let me explain it to you in a way even you understand!
The sense of this thread is to explain more casual players how I and some friends think about this game. It should just be a reminder about how annoying it is to read a thread over the same kitten topic every second day. (example → I got kicked from AC)
Another intention i had when i made this post is that I want casuals to try to look at this game from the other side of the coin.
Also maybe opening minds by once again telling them what you “mega pro“ player find pretty obvious. Explaining them why their threads get commented on sarcastic ways by some of us.
Simply trying to show once again that not all of us are the evil guys they meet so often in this game!

Hope you got it now. If not, also fine Downstate Wizard!

toxic since 2012

J Eberle.9312

You’re not creating walls. You’re creating doors to the litterature heaven with your writings.

Alas, for I am a mere observer. Perched upon the edge of my seat, I bear witness and record the natural wonders that occur within the GW2 dungeon subforum. Chance be it that I witness something divine, chance be it that I add some literary flourish.

(edited by J Eberle.9312)

GrimmR.3541

You should really make a “Literary discussion thread“ swifty!

toxic since 2012

J Eberle.9312

:o The dawn of a new era!
Eh but it’s 4am and I should be sleeping :(

GrimmR.3541

:o The dawn of a new era!
Eh but it’s 4am and I should be sleeping

Weirdo timezone ’murica is. Well make it tomorrow then, I would fancy a read aswell as a few posts!

toxic since 2012