Lets be real.

Lets be real.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: SYPHA.9283

SYPHA.9283

This games dungeons need no strategy. Just hack and slash. The dungeons were pitifully done and are stupid easy.

Lets be real.

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

This post is valuable and benefits the community greatly.

Lets be real.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Quality post right here.

Lets be real.

Posted by: IvanTheGrey.2941

IvanTheGrey.2941

Ok. Come to Arah and show me how you do that. I really want to learn from you.

Lets be real.

Posted by: Jiyn.3158

Jiyn.3158

This is the most informative thing I have ever hear…ever. So what you’re saying is I can sit back and pew pew at 1200 range while I have Smokey tank the mobs? If that’s the case I can just play one handed while eating some Doritos with the other hand. Maybe by the time the path finishes my gold per hour rate will still be in the positive.

You sir and/or madam are a genius

Never trust a Stormcrow.

Lets be real.

Posted by: Tom Yzf.5872

Tom Yzf.5872

Posting in a well thought out and informative thread.

Lets be real.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Attachments:

Lets be real.

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

I would rather say the dungeons and the fights have some mechanics but we have so much counterplay (active defenses, passive defenses, dodge) that it all becomes dull and borring once you’ve done it for a year or more.

Snow Crows [SC]

Lets be real.

Posted by: Jiyn.3158

Jiyn.3158

…I rofl’d IRL…+1

Never trust a Stormcrow.

Lets be real.

Posted by: Arenzo.3298

Arenzo.3298

10/10 post i dont have enough characters

Lets be real.

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

I wonder if the OP will ever come back to back up his points with well-reasoned arguments and compelling evidence.

Lets be real.

Posted by: Teckos.1305

Teckos.1305

We troll but what he says is really accurate for the majority of dungeon, gameplay mechanics of mobs and bosses can simply be ignored (when they have mechanics é_è).

Lets be real.

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

I wonder if the OP will ever come back to back up his points with well-reasoned arguments and compelling evidence.

That’s not going to happen.

Attachments:

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Lets be real.

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

As you sit down at the laquered wood counter. The Gentleman across from you smiles and nods knowingly.

Placed before you is a rosey hued slice of Hamachi, lightly brushed with Ponzu, Atop a perfectly formed Ball of Rice.

but lets be real. He just took a knife to a chunk of dead sea creature and slathered some lemon juice on it and rolled it around a bit in his hand.

Imagine walking up the front walk way to my Mothers house, lap top in hand. opening the door I peer in and see her sitting at the computer I bought for her giggling away. “There you are! come here help me get this vista.” Laughing myself, I drop my bag and come see her screen. noticing her newly purchased top hat from the gem store daintly perched atop her Asura Thief’s head. "HAH! thats cute mom. " " I know right, will you run with me through Twighlight Arbor I would like the Dress for my Ele"

" Sure Mom, poke the guild while i set up and lets get a group going. "

But lets be real, I am a single Chef in his thirties that comes over to his moms house on the weekend to play Video games with her and my Younger Brother.

I step up to a red tape line on the Concrete. Drawing back and taking a deep breath. slowly exhaling making the slightest adjustments needed. A light tap of the finger while remembering to pull back evenly snaps the string forward and pins the Arrow inside of a dime sized mark in the target 20 yards away.

But lets be real. I am flinging aluminum sticks via a modernized version of a bunch of other sticks at paper 60 feet away.

But lets Be real.

as Sit here typing this out wondering why I am lining myself up for an infraction farm. I don’t get angry, not really. So why does this rub me the wrong way? I don’t know. But regardless. here I am and I am going to Sit here, typing into the magic box I call a computer, After a long day at work. And if I am lucky I might be able to find a group for a Dungeon or two. Because you know, I actually like them. But lets be real. I am staring at a screen pressing a sequence of keys in a determined order to achieve a desired result.

I Have not soloed Lupi, I dont even have fractal Level 50. I have a 300 person guild and each and every one of them looks to me for answers to the challenges they face each day in the world of Tyria. Tyria is old. some of us have been around it more than once. and we know it all. but you know.

some of us still find it fun.

So, Lets be real. Syph, you and any other trollish monkeys. Who feel the strange need to come here and Bash either our play styles, Our game, MY game, or my friends. Citing any number of reasons, excuses, or rubbish. As you sit on the comfort of your cushy chair staring at a monitor using a box that more than likely costed more than I make in a month.

Shove it.

You want to make a point. I will personally offer a Sizable Gem purchase to the tune of around 50 dollars or so if you put your big girl panties on and put together a team and “hack and slash” your way to the finals of the DnT speed clear open.

Lets be real. It will be easy.

kitten off.

Lets be real.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Ropechef is my hero.

Lets be real.

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

I would like to add my thoughts to this thread, but let’s be real, Ropechef just soloed this troll far better than I would be able to. Bravo!

Lets be real.

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Yes they are easy! A buy2play platform gets the money from new players! A subscription game gets the money from hardcore grindy endgame.
It’s either skinner’s box or credit card!

Lets be real.

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

Ropechef did the impossible. Kudos to you, sir!

Attachments:

Lets be real.

Purple Miku.7032

sorry but…

Lets be real.

Purple Miku.7032

sorry but this picture is practically begging for it…

Lets be real.

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

As you sit down at the laquered wood counter. The Gentleman across from you smiles and nods knowingly.

Placed before you is a rosey hued slice of Hamachi, lightly brushed with Ponzu, Atop a perfectly formed Ball of Rice.

but lets be real. He just took a knife to a chunk of dead sea creature and slathered some lemon juice on it and rolled it around a bit in his hand.

Imagine walking up the front walk way to my Mothers house, lap top in hand. opening the door I peer in and see her sitting at the computer I bought for her giggling away. “There you are! come here help me get this vista.” Laughing myself, I drop my bag and come see her screen. noticing her newly purchased top hat from the gem store daintly perched atop her Asura Thief’s head. "HAH! thats cute mom. " " I know right, will you run with me through Twighlight Arbor I would like the Dress for my Ele"

But lets be real, I am a single Chef in his thirties that comes over to his moms house on the weekend to play Video games with her and my Younger Brother.

I step up to a red tape line on the Concrete. Drawing back and taking a deep breath. slowly exhaling making the slightest adjustments needed. A light tap of the finger while remembering to pull back evenly snaps the string forward and pins the Arrow inside of a dime sized mark in the target 20 yards away.

But lets be real. I am flinging aluminum sticks via a modernized version of a bunch of other sticks at paper 60 feet away.

But lets Be real.

as Sit here typing this out wondering why I am lining myself up for an infraction farm. I don’t get angry, not really. So why does this rub me the wrong way? I don’t know. But regardless. here I am and I am going to Sit here, typing into the magic box I call a computer, After a long day at work. And if I am lucky I might be able to find a group for a Dungeon or two. Because you know, I actually like them. But lets be real. I am staring at a screen pressing a sequence of keys in a determined order to achieve a desired result.

I Have not soloed Lupi, I dont even have fractal Level 50. I have a 300 person guild and each and every one of them looks to me for answers to the challenges they face each day in the world of Tyria. Tyria is old. some of us have been around it more than once. and we know it all. but you know.

So, Lets be real. Syph, you and any other trollish monkeys. Who feel the strange need to come here and Bash either our play styles, Our game, MY game, or my friends. Citing any number of reasons, excuses, or rubbish. As you sit on the comfort of your cushy chair staring at a monitor using a box that more than likely costed more than I make in a month.

Shove it.

You want to make a point. I will personally offer a Sizable Gem purchase to the tune of around 50 dollars or so if you put your big girl panties on and put together a team and “hack and slash” your way to the finals of the DnT speed clear open.

kitten off.

tl;dr: i liek dis ez playstyle. Go awayzz.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Lets be real.

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

tl;dr: i liek dis ez playstyle. Go awayzz.

Translation: Hurr! I can’t read for kitten, but I will post my uneducated opinion regardless.

Lets be real.

Posted by: Baltzenger.2467

Baltzenger.2467

But lets Be real.

Shove it.

kitten off.

I don’t know, but I read your post with the voice of Morgan Freeman in my head, is that awesome.
This thread was irrelevant until the point you made it art.

Lets be real.

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

sorry but this picture is practically begging for it…

Oh you dirty little nasty kitten!

Lets be real.

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

Not to accidentally defend OP, as I think that sort of acerbic one liner is pretty bad forum etiquette. But, undermining the act of criticizing on the basis of enjoyment doesn’t sit quite right with me, either.

I get that buttons got pushed and posting ensued, Ropechef.
But couldn’t you enjoy something and fully acknowledge it’s got some serious shortcomings?

Lets be real.

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Ropechef is our king.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Lets be real.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Not to accidentally defend OP, as I think that sort of acerbic one liner is pretty bad forum etiquette. But, undermining the act of criticizing on the basis of enjoyment doesn’t sit quite right with me, either.

I get that buttons got pushed and posting ensued, Ropechef.
But couldn’t you enjoy something and fully acknowledge it’s got some serious shortcomings?

That fully defends the OP, to which Ropechef was responding. It accepts the premise of the original post as being valid, which, as others have pointed out in fewer words, it wasn’t.

• The OP didn’t critique the game, they just said dungeons are “stupid easy.”
  • They didn’t offer a single concrete criticism to discuss (or agree with or refute), so there was nothing to respond to…
  • So Ropechef responded to the spirit in which the original post was delivered.

Further, only a small part of Robechef’s response is based on “enjoyment.”

• The first part offers an analogy to sushi chefs, who just “hack & slash” some fish. He could also have compared it to plumbing (you just remove/replace pipes, right?) or any of a variety of things in which the way in which you hack & slash is important.
  • The second part offers a parable (perhaps based on a true story), in which, in fact, taking a run at dungeons is challenging, rather than “stupid easy.”
  • The last section depends bit more on addressing the poster personally (and imo, could have been left out, with no loss to the impact of the post).

tl;dr since the original post offered nothing constructive, I don’t think it earns the right to be defended as if it might be the start of a reasoned discussion.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Lets be real.

IvanTheGrey.2941

I was talking to my students yesterday, and they were saying how difficult dungeons were when the game first came out. Since then, we’ve run them thousands of times, and yes, they’ve become trivial. I wanted to see when wethospu solo’d lupi for the first time (sorry man, not trying to be a stalker), and the QQ before that was immense.

The dungeons DO require strategy. However, the strategy has be ingrained into our playing, it seems like they don’t.

This is what happens when they don’t release content.

Lets be real.

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

I get the sushi, archery, and computer points as basically a way to parody OP’s drive-by-critique, and I’m not saying much about it because I agree it deserves mockery.

It’s not like I’m not super tempted to accept a ‘me and mine enjoy/are challenged by it; ergo – shutup’ premise because it eloquently refutes something so braindead. But a counterpoint that broad can be applied to well worded constructive criticism too. It accidentally encompasses all of criticism, not just OP’s poor attempts at it.

(edited by Vox Hollow.2736)

Lets be real.

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

Each and every one of those points is real.

Even now I can look to my right and See my 60 year old mother logging on. She has 5 world completions now.

I am Still a single Divorcee Chef that hacks and slashes dead sea creatures for a living

I Sling Aluminum sticks at paper occasionally. My restaurant keeps me away from the range more than I would like it to. And yes I did shoot competitively for a time.

I still have not soloed Lupi. ( working on it! i can get to phase 3 on 4 classes though)
I still don’t have Fractal level 50. As it is exceedingly difficult to get a group together at 3 am.

But you Are right. I did lose my cool at the end there. I wish I could reason why what was said rubbed me wrong but after having slept on it and even now, getting ready to head back to my kitchen. (shrug) my “trollfu” is lacking?

When I First started cooking. Day 1, I was handed a case of Bell Peppers and was asked to dice them, All of them.

It took me 6 hours.

When I first saw the wonder that Is Giganticus Lupicus. 6 hours in that arena. and we never saw him hit the floor.

Needless to say, I can dice a case of peppers a lot faster now. And Lupi goes down in far less time.

(geeze who gave chef the wine he wont shut up now.)

Just like a Chef needs new ingredients to play with to change things up and take something to a different level. We as Gamers need some new content to mess with. and experience.

Regardless of how it ultimately came out. My offer still stands to the orginal poster. And I will extend it to you as well master Runeblade.

((dangles 50 dollars in your face))

DnT speed clear open. Finals. Its easy right?

(edited by Ropechef.6192)

Lets be real.

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Each and every one of those points is real.

Even now I can look to my right and See my 60 year old mother logging on. She has 5 world completions now.

I am Still a single Divorcee Chef that hacks and slashes dead sea creatures for a living

I Sling Aluminum sticks at paper occasionally. My restaurant keeps me away from the range more than I would like it to. And yes I did shoot competitively for a time.

I still have not soloed Lupi. ( working on it! i can get to phase 3 on 4 classes though)
I still don’t have Fractal level 50. As it is exceedingly difficult to get a group together at 3 am.

But you Are right. I did lose my cool at the end there. I wish I could reason why what was said rubbed me wrong but after having slept on it and even now, getting ready to head back to my kitchen. (shrug) my “trollfu” is lacking?

When I First started cooking. Day 1, I was handed a case of Bell Peppers and was asked to dice them, All of them.

It took me 6 hours.

When I first saw the wonder that Is Giganticus Lupicus. 6 hours in that arena. and we never saw him hit the floor.

Needless to say, I can dice a case of peppers a lot faster now. And Lupi goes down in far less time.

(geeze who gave chef the wine he wont shut up now.)

Just like a Chef needs new ingredients to play with to change things up and take something to a different level. We as Gamers need some new content to mess with. and experience.

Regardless of how it ultimately came out. My offer still stands to the orginal poster. And I will extend it to you as well master Runeblade.

((dangles 50 dollars in your face))

DnT speed clear open. Finals. Its easy right?

Chef…

You are my hero. And you know what? Whenever I get the opportunity, I’ll toss you over my shoulder and bring you to fractal 50. It may take 6 hours. But we will do it together, and you’ll do it on your positively fashionable Norn necro.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Lets be real.

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

Dungeons are so “hard” and well done that are in fact used as race tracks

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Lets be real.

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

You realise that literally every MMO ever has some sort of speed clear or world first community, right?

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Lets be real.

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

ESO went through the same evolution. At first, everyone complained the dungeons were too hard. It’s at that middle point now where some people still complain that dungeons are hard, but teams using good builds who know the dungeons well can blaze though them pretty easily.

ESO is basically in the same place gw2 was a year or so ago (when threads calling for Lupicus nerfs were common on the front page). Bads are asking for nerfs, but the people willing to use good builds and put in the work learning the dungeons are getting by just fine. It’s only a matter of time before good builds and dungeon strategies become more common, then those same bads will be complaining that the dungeons are too easy, even though the good teams, by then, will be completing the dungeons 10x faster.

(edited by laharl.8435)

Lets be real.

Purple Miku.7032

It’s only a matter of time before good builds and dungeon strategies become more common, then those same bads will be complaining that the dungeons are too easy, even though the good teams will be completing the dungeons 10x faster.

I’m already seeing a growing trend in people that are easily capable of holding their own in Arah paths. I don’t do other dungeons anymore these days, so can’t comment a whole lot on them.

I still get lots of total idiots, but it’s undeniably true that the people pugging Arah paths are collectively improving a lot as time goes by. To be expected.

Lets be real.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Few stuff people saying this game is easy should keep in mind.
Before you say dungeons are easy consider 4 factors:

1) The toll PvP capture point balance took on PVE..
For example, playing arah with a meta elementalist in a normal speedrun (no time to change for skips/challenging parts) is not as easy.
Almost anyone instead can do the same on a warrior even if extremely unexperienced.
(i have both)

2) Tactics
Most of them lets you bypass most mechanics or there is someone that is making your life easier.
If you have problems with pugs there may be the chance content is not easy as you believe, while inetead some tactics (unintended but legit) makes it so.

3) Design:
Most dungeons are extremely hard the first time you play those.
You have no tells on how hard an attack will be and also where it will hit, and most things will just kill you too fast.
The second time you play them they are boringly easy.

That is because all you have to do is to memorize.
The game is not much different from an old game called dragon s lair, for gameplay.
You can really play the game by rotatiotns with monitor shut down in many cases.
We have even some mobs that use skills every X seconds….
The AI and gameplay can t be compared to the standard of current games, luckily every mmorpg is often lacking in the same area.
Its quantity over quality.

That is why most people can’t play a dungeon until DNT post an updated video.

4 LATENCE:
Geographical position, or being near a node and many other things can make the different between a really small reaction window and having plenty times to avoid the oneshot Attacks.
That means some players have it easier.
(this is sadly true even for PvP)

30-60 milliseconds are a huge difference for reaction, anyone playing Fighting games knows it perfectly.
While for an online game is quite common to have such difference between players.

The game was told to have this in mind while being developed, but i believe only an extremeley easy game can be really be lag forgiving.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Lets be real.

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

30-60 milliseconds are a huge difference for reaction

That’s cute, my average latency from Argentina is 500-800… with 1.5K ms spikes but it’s still easy since the whole game can be learned like playing Simon.

Dungeons need much more improvisation

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Lets be real.

Posted by: TKiller.6829

TKiller.6829

30-60 milliseconds are a huge difference for reaction

That’s cute, my average latency from Argentina is 500-800… with 1.5K ms spikes but it’s still easy since the whole game can be learned like playing Simon.

Dungeons need much more improvisation

Still need to be learned though, which proves hard enough for a major part of the community.

Reactinary bosses are another thing. But making something use abilities on complete random outside of patterns and cooldowns wouldn’t be a much better design in my opinion. A boss trying to counterplay the player himself could be an interesting thing but is too much of an abstract idea for me to voice any opinion.

Defeated by packet loss.

Lets be real.

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

Still need to be learned though, which proves hard enough for a major part of the community.

The existence and success of [Noob] is proof that enough of the community has a hard time with dungeons. Not to mention the disparity in speed and skill of runs completed by the OP compared to [DnT] runs.

Lets be real.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

The existence and success of [Noob] is proof that enough of the community has a hard time with dungeons. Not to mention the disparity in speed and skill of runs completed by the OP compared to [DnT] runs.

Very much that. I’d like to think I do fine in runs, me and my buddies have decent clear times. But, I ran with some of the forum people yesterday and i got to feel like a noob in SE again

Lets be real.

Purple Miku.7032

To add to the latency discussion, anything under 300 ping is superb for me. Anything over 400 and it becomes very irritating and difficult to time things properly.

Lets be real.

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

To add to the latency discussion, anything under 300 ping is superb for me. Anything over 400 and it becomes very irritating and difficult to time things properly.

NA servers and low ping are only 1800 gems away.

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

Lets be real.

IvanTheGrey.2941

NA servers and low ping are only 1800 gems away.

Seriously Miku. Get over here.

Lets be real.

Purple Miku.7032

I had on average 200 ping last I remember in NA.

Doesn’t seem worth it to leave so many of my friends just to do jumping puzzles with 100-200 less ping on average.

Besides… Archeage in 3 days anyways

Lets be real.

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

This thread is still open but they close threads that bring attention to actually game flaws lol

Lets be real.

IvanTheGrey.2941

I had on average 200 ping last I remember in NA.

Doesn’t seem worth it to leave so many of my friends just to do jumping puzzles with 100-200 less ping on average.

Besides… Archeage in 3 days anyways

Get DSL Miku. There’s gotta be some other provider. Cable internet’s screwin’ you over.

Lets be real.

IvanTheGrey.2941

This thread is still open but they close threads that bring attention to actually game flaws lol

Of course. They have their head in the sand. Hopefully they’ll actually take what we’re saying in our “suggestion” threads and implement it.

Lets be real.

Purple Miku.7032

There’s only AT&T Uverse and TWC here. Both of them have f***ing people down to a science, so I’m out of luck unless Google Fiber makes its way over to my state.

Lets be real.

IvanTheGrey.2941

There’s only AT&T Uverse and TWC here. Both of them have f***ing people down to a science, so I’m out of luck unless Google Fiber makes its way over to my state.

Simple solution: Move. Move for better internet Verizon isn’t there? That’s surprising.

Lets be real.

Purple Miku.7032

Simple solution: Move. Move for better internet Verizon isn’t there? That’s surprising.

The problem is that service is pretty much identical between all of the competitors here. No matter what you’ll always feel like you’re getting heebed out.

Therefore the only logical conclusion is the provider that offers landline, cable and internet all in one bundle is probably the wiser option.