Must Be Nice To Raid...

Must Be Nice To Raid...

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

I don’t need stats, the “evidence” can clearly be seen by the popularity and interest for the raid.

What evidence? The QQ on the forum. The same QQ that screamed that Pew pew ranger were OP and needed some nerf for then QQ how Dragonhunter are OP and need nerf?

Or the same QQ that screamed that Silverwaste mobs were too op and needed nerf, to then QQ that HoT mobs are too op and need a nerf?

Or the same QQ that predicted the end of zerker meta when Anet announced the nerf to critical damage tranformed into ferocity, just to predict the end of zerker meta when Anet announced the nerf to might, to then predict the end of the zerker meta when Anet talked about raid?

Is that QQ forum your evidence?

You don’t really pay attention to what’s happening in game…

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Must Be Nice To Raid...

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

You don’t really pay attention to what’s happening in game…

Well enlighten me then oh master. Because so far, everybody that I bring in raids have a blast. We must be playing it wrong I suppose.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Must Be Nice To Raid...

Swagger.1459

First lesson… you must wash the car, sand the floor and paint the fence

Must Be Nice To Raid...

Posted by: TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275

TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275

I don’t need stats, the “evidence” can clearly be seen by the popularity and interest for the raid.

I don’t need statistics, I can just take one experience ( mine ) with either my at best 5 guilds or the LFG not meant for raids and assume from that that raids are unpopular in the whole of gw2 and not simply my guild/guilds! Alrighty then! Totally sound logic.

Necro>warrior confirmed ty nemesis for single handedly saving the gw2 community!!

/s

(edited by TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275)

Must Be Nice To Raid...

Posted by: BBMouse.6510

BBMouse.6510

I think a guild with core members mostly know each other in RL. I only joined a guild once before HOT. It was a wvw guild and they had core members. You could tell from the frequent chatters. Every time I joined the guild run in wvw they just suddenly disappeared and left me there to die alone or many times some commander just called me to join them only to serve as a decoy pug group meat shield to die so that the core group could pull off some operations somewhere else. So I left the guild and never bother to join any other guild any more. If you are not a core member of a guild, you are just another pug carrying the guild’s name. LFG tool is good enough. At least when I join a lfg group we have the same goal doing the same thing at that particular same time willingly. But lfg is not going to work well for raid yeah.

Must Be Nice To Raid...

Swagger.1459

I don’t need statistics, I can just take one experience ( mine ) with either my at best 5 guilds or the LFG not meant for raids and assume from that that raids are unpopular in the whole of gw2 and not simply my guild/guilds! Alrighty then! Totally sound logic.

raids are booming?

are there lines out the door to do them?

so most players aren’t waiting around to fill up 10 spots?

so most players aren’t waiting inside so they can fill up the spots from bailing players?

so where are all the forum threads saying how good and amazing and fun raids are, and how teams are filling up so fast that they are turning peeps away…?

I don’t give a hoot if you, or the 5000 out of a million players can run raids just fine, but we are talking small numbers who are participating regularly by comparison. And by those same comparisons seen in game, in lfg and by experience, raids are a failure in design.

You’re deluding yourself if you think raids are hot (pun intended) and have great participation numbers overall. Also, most players don’t give a crap about it and want it out of VB because groups of players are standing around doing nothing but taking up needed meta # space. But by all means keep thinking that raids, in their current form, are good and have a healthy participation rate. Raids will end up like dungeons and fractals, and legendary armor rewards won’t save them in the long run.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

Must Be Nice To Raid...

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

You’re deluding yourself if you think raids are hot (pun intended) and have great participation numbers overall. Also, most players don’t give a crap about it and want it out of VB because groups of players are standing around doing nothing but taking up needed meta # space. But by all means keep thinking that raids, in their current form, are good and have a healthy participation rate. Raids will end up like dungeons and fractals, and legendary armor rewards won’t save them in the long run.

I think that anybody that think they can figure out what is the participation of the community to raid is delusional.

so where are all the forum threads saying how good and amazing and fun raids are, and how teams are filling up so fast that they are turning peeps away…?

Lot of positive here
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Name-3-things-good-and-bad-about-Raids/first#post5802602

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Raid-need-at-least-2-difficulty-level

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Raid-difficulty-is-perfect

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Raid-guild

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Fun-raid-ideas-go-here

In much if not all of the thread there is about the same ratio of negative to positive feedback to be honest. A lot of people are talking about tactics, build and composition in different subforum. But all of that is irrelevant. People go into the forum to search help, offer help or QQ. You rarely see someone going on the forum to create a topic on how great something in particular is. That doesn’t mean that everybody except a small minority that QQ on the forum love raid. That also doesn’t mean that the forum is representative of the community. And even if it was, like I said, I see about the same amount of negative than positive feedback on raid.

I don’t go around claiming that raid is the most popular content of the game or that the majority of player are playing it. I just enjoy it and know a lot of people that enjoy it. But I also know that around 5-10% of all my guild is playing them on a regular basis. And that around 20-30% of my guild would want to play it and that I will everything I can once I have mastered them to include as much people as I can. What is the situation on the community as a whole, that I don’t know and you don’t know either. We can only speculate with our own experience and the very biais (both ways) forum.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

(edited by Thaddeus.4891)

Must Be Nice To Raid...

Posted by: Bllade.1029

Bllade.1029

It’s the most difficult PvE content in the game. This is the REAL end game, and adjustments are going to have to be made to clear it. There is nothing wrong with that, people need to do less pouting and I hate to say this cliche….but learn to play.

I don’t understand what the problem is. People whining about its difficulty says to me " I dont want to put in the work to get better and clear content, please just give me everything."

It’s been done, it can be cleared. It’s not impossible, put your big boy pants on and figure it out.

If you think 10 people is hard to get together and coordinate, let’s talk about Vanilla WoW when you had to do the same thing with 40.

[VLK] – No one ever complains about bad Thieves, they die.

Must Be Nice To Raid...

Swagger.1459

I think that anybody that think they can figure out what is the participation of the community to raid is delusional.

Lot of positive here
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Name-3-things-good-and-bad-about-Raids/first#post5802602

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Raid-need-at-least-2-difficulty-level

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Raid-difficulty-is-perfect

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Raid-guild

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Fun-raid-ideas-go-here

In much if not all of the thread there is about the same ratio of negative to positive feedback to be honest. A lot of people are talking about tactics, build and composition in different subforum. But all of that is irrelevant. People go into the forum to search help, offer help or QQ. You rarely see someone going on the forum to create a topic on how great something in particular is. That doesn’t mean that everybody except a small minority that QQ on the forum love raid. That also doesn’t mean that the forum is representative of the community. And even if it was, like I said, I see about the same amount of negative than positive feedback on raid.

Whatever you say pal, but I’m more on the right side than not.

Thanks for linking my thread btw

Must Be Nice To Raid...

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

As the general saying goes, the people happy with the content are busy playing it while those not are busy kittening on the forum.

Also >looking at the kittening LFG to draw your conclusions
Very good way to do that when raids are content meant for guilds and people who already know each other and thus ANet doesn’t even give proper support for raid pugging.

Must Be Nice To Raid...

Posted by: LegallyBinding.4937

LegallyBinding.4937

The game is called “GUILD WARS.” Is it to surprising that you might have to do something….with your guild?

Must Be Nice To Raid...

Posted by: KittyKitty.9234

KittyKitty.9234

Try joining Synergy http://synergygw2.enjin.com/ they have about 7+ raid groups going with set times and they are recruiting new members for raids. In addition, anyone who wants to lead a new Raid group is more than welcome to.

Good luck.

Must Be Nice To Raid...

Posted by: TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275

TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275

raids are booming?

are there lines out the door to do them?

so most players aren’t waiting around to fill up 10 spots?

so most players aren’t waiting inside so they can fill up the spots from bailing players?

I don’t give a hoot if you, or the 5000 out of a million players can run raids just fine, but we are talking small numbers who are participating regularly by comparison. And by those same comparisons seen in game, in lfg and by experience, raids are a failure in design.

“so most players aren’t waiting around to fill up 10 spots?

so most players aren’t waiting inside so they can fill up the spots from bailing players?"

You don’t know what most players are doing. Hence you needing statistics which you don’t have. But my personal experience showed I couldn’t get a group! So clearly that must be everyone’s experience! Just because your guild/guilds aren’t interested in raids doesn’t mean there aren’t other guilds that are. But but but, my personal experience man! Clearly personal experience = everyone’s experience duh!

“so where are all the forum threads saying how good and amazing and fun raids are, and how teams are filling up so fast that they are turning peeps away…?
"

Think both Thaddeus and NovaanVerdiano took care of this. I’ll just leave this here in case your going to try and argue about your personal experience more: https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/anecdotal

Necro>warrior confirmed ty nemesis for single handedly saving the gw2 community!!

/s

(edited by TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275)

Must Be Nice To Raid...

Posted by: KOTOKO.5107

KOTOKO.5107

Name one game where the devs help u get a good raid party and organize teams.

Moral of the story, if u keep complaining, the only thing anet will do is nerf the raid so scrubs can do them, when that happens, it will just be another dungeon and guild wars will once again be a game for 12 year olds.

Must Be Nice To Raid...

Posted by: webtoehobbit.4201

webtoehobbit.4201

Wow, didn’t think this would blow up like this (I am the OP) I just kinda was really depressed that particular night (after leaving the guild that was excluding me, well and others) and decided to just kinda rant on here.

I have enjoyed reading the responses here, and I guess I didn’t put a lot of clarification in my original post. No I was not excluded for my lack of skill, which btw, no one had any good skill at this raid going into it, well maybe except for DnT but that doesn’t count. Even the most hardcore among you had to practice the raid encounters until you got it down. I am skilled, I want to spend hours every night raiding, but my guild was flat out excluding others.

I asked every single night for a spot, if they had an opening, they would fill it with another Officer, over me, it was just absolutely disheartening, and yeah, was overall a terrible guild. But I have moved on and have found a guild that I hope to be raiding with very soon

I guess the point I was trying to make is that if people WANT to learn it in a guild, then the leaders shouldn’t be uber selfish and exlude others cause they want to do it and well, screw the rest of the guild. Why even be part of guild leadership if you don’t want to, idk, lead your guild? Help them improve if they want to?

Oh and about forming my own group, yeah, tried that, with a few guildies and pugs…. Pugs and raids don’t really mix, I want a fully dedicated guild group, not some pugs, every attempt never ended well.

Must Be Nice To Raid...

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

ironfrodo.7625
For what do you need ts for raids?
It didnt felt like there is any need for ts.

Communication try it sometime. It’s the heart of every great team.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Must Be Nice To Raid...

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

If you think 10 people is hard to get together and coordinate, let’s talk about Vanilla WoW when you had to do the same thing with 40.

WoW had what ten times the people in it’s prime? They could have dropped 80 man raids.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Must Be Nice To Raid...

Posted by: brunobyof.3541

brunobyof.3541

But Looking for Raid was way better than LFG in GW2.
You coul log in alone, click in LFR and soon you would be in a random group already with the right ammount of DPS,Healers and Tanks. No need for TS, but this doesn’t mean that you wouldn’t need good communication though. The kittenty part was DICE ROLLS for LOOT….that was awful.

TS is nice while raiding, it adds some life to the group, you can coordinate better, give advices, call out for stuff happening, correct people who are messing up and have fun, besides the emotional part when u guys actually defeat boss togheter. But its realy not needed.

Must Be Nice To Raid...

Posted by: Notsoperky.2348

Notsoperky.2348

Not everyone can use TS for a variety of reasons, including myself, but the main problem with Raids from what I have seen so far is they are just a series of gimmicks and DPS checks (like timers and little green circles). Learn the timings and the patterns (not everyone can learn this, but if people don’t let them in, then they’ll never learn, vicious circle) and they become easier.

Jumping through hoops like a trained dog isn’t my idea of fun- but then I like fighting mainly against other humans as my gaming fun so i guess Raids aren’t really designed for me.

They do need difficulty levels so groups can learn the gimmicks whilst getting through the Raid rather than brick wall it and have people quit from lack of time or a loss of interest.

Must Be Nice To Raid...

Posted by: xcheese.6345

xcheese.6345

Exactly. This is why raids need to have a reasonable success rate for coherent and organized pugs. Unfortunately this is not the current reality of gw2, mainly because of the implementation of raid timers.

Must Be Nice To Raid...

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Wow, didn’t think this would blow up like this (I am the OP) I just kinda was really depressed that particular night (after leaving the guild that was excluding me, well and others) and decided to just kinda rant on here.

I have enjoyed reading the responses here, and I guess I didn’t put a lot of clarification in my original post. No I was not excluded for my lack of skill, which btw, no one had any good skill at this raid going into it, well maybe except for DnT but that doesn’t count. Even the most hardcore among you had to practice the raid encounters until you got it down. I am skilled, I want to spend hours every night raiding, but my guild was flat out excluding others.

I asked every single night for a spot, if they had an opening, they would fill it with another Officer, over me, it was just absolutely disheartening, and yeah, was overall a terrible guild. But I have moved on and have found a guild that I hope to be raiding with very soon

I guess the point I was trying to make is that if people WANT to learn it in a guild, then the leaders shouldn’t be uber selfish and exlude others cause they want to do it and well, screw the rest of the guild. Why even be part of guild leadership if you don’t want to, idk, lead your guild? Help them improve if they want to?

Oh and about forming my own group, yeah, tried that, with a few guildies and pugs…. Pugs and raids don’t really mix, I want a fully dedicated guild group, not some pugs, every attempt never ended well.

U find pugs and the good ones u keep, u dont go find new ones every day

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Must Be Nice To Raid...

Posted by: Kichwas.7152

Kichwas.7152

Finding a spot on a raid is always difficult in any MMO.

I suspect that in short order GW2 will develop the traditional issue that other MMOs have whereby people willing to tank or heal will have an easier time at it. So one thing you can do is prepare some builds for these roles. If you have stacks of 80s, set aside one as a healer, one as a tank, and maybe one as a dual tank/healer. Or just prep multiple gearsets and put the raiding one somewhere in the bank or bags for that moment when you get to use it.

We will likely need to start thinking about a ‘looking for raid group’ forum… because this is not something you want to do with a quickly LFG tool in game… but a forum for people to post their needs and put together static regular groups.

Raiding is going to actually favor smaller guilds… Human beings can only organize so many things – so while it might be nice to be in a guild of 3 million players that you can pull out 10 and form a raid group… few guilds can manage the social mess of more than 2 or 3 raid rosters at most. Most guilds can barely manage to organize one… Its just too hard to do using a small core of leader and officers – unless you start getting super organized with time tracking, assigned manager tasks, and so on… things perfectly fine for working life, but not the level of ‘work’ most desire in their ‘hobby’.

Yet this is EXACTLY what many adult hobby sports teams do – and then they pay a local league to organize them and schedule games – so before you demand to know why your guild isn’t willing to add another 3 raid groups, consider how much real life money are you will to pay your guild leader so that (s)he can quit her day job and organize that for you. If the answer is nothing, which is a fair and likely answer… then it means its time to get a small guild going so that one person can handle the job without it being a job.

It is unfair if a guild’s selection criteria seems to way too strongly favor a certain clique… and that itself is a good indicator that you’re in a guild that is formed for that clique, and you should consider moving on.

A benefit of being able to be in multiple guilds in GW2 is that you can quickly spin off a guild who’s only purpose is to serve as your static raid group, even as all its members stay in their regular ‘mess around and hang out’ guilds. There is no need to quit your guild of gaming buddies in order to ‘test out’ some new thing ‘random internet guy’ has invited you to.
- In fact you can even use this to organize the raids in a ‘master guild’… Make a series of small guilds that are composed of members of the larger guild, but are just the raid teams… thus making a little easier for people to organize this without it becoming a job.

But… it might be time to ask ArenaNet to give us a forum for organizing these things.

http://kichwas.wordpress.com/ – GW2 Blog Presenting the Opposing View
JAH Bless – Equal Rights and Justice for all.
Justice And Honor – Tarnished Coast.

Must Be Nice To Raid...

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Exactly. This is why raids need to have a reasonable success rate for coherent and organized pugs. Unfortunately this is not the current reality of gw2, mainly because of the implementation of raid timers.

…? Elaborate please.

Must Be Nice To Raid...

Posted by: eldrin.6471

eldrin.6471

lfg was full of people wanting to do raids when they first launched,most of them have now realized that they wont ever get them done and have given up.I just dont see how it makes sense to put something new on the menu that everyone wants but the vast majority will never have.

Must Be Nice To Raid...

Posted by: Gimli.9461

Gimli.9461

I don’t know if it’s just me, but I have been having the hardest time trying to get into a guild group for raids. These guilds I am in seem to have a “core” group, of which I can’t get into since it’s the Leader/Officers of the guilds, and then the second group that they want to form never has enough people for it.

lol that’s word for word what my guild is like. Nothing came out of a guy forming a raid group i signed up for, officers raid with their buddies from leet guild, group that’s running often is a learn group which never gets enough people and never downs the boss

I just went pugging and found a few people I killed VG with. so now i’m capped on guilds, running with one guild of 20 people when they raid, join other people i found when they raid, and just get as far as i can trying to find good ppl to raid with

It’s pretty much become a game of ‘which class and build i need to be for this next boss’? I’m not about to make 2nd heavy ascended for warrior so i’ll stick on my condi engi which i built ascended for just before hot, going okay so far

They need to nerf raids a bit, make them more puggable. give hardmode to elitists.

Must Be Nice To Raid...

Posted by: Animism.6849

Animism.6849

This is just a joke already. Lower the difficulty in some shape or form so the majority of your playerbase actually have a reasonable chance of beating the raid. Even in a top guild, if you are not in the ‘core’ group, you are stuck in the same boat as everyone else – unable to really get a proper team together. This makes everything hard and everything boring.

NERF DIFFICULTY ALREADY.

Must Be Nice To Raid...

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Raids have more to do with finding 9 other good players than being a good player yourself, which is where it fails.

I thought raids would be large and difficult dungeons with for groups to explore, not a series of boss fights that require you to miss a day of work and take out a calculator to beat.

Must Be Nice To Raid...

Posted by: Gorefiend.9675

Gorefiend.9675

This is just a joke already. Lower the difficulty in some shape or form so the majority of your playerbase actually have a reasonable chance of beating the raid. Even in a top guild, if you are not in the ‘core’ group, you are stuck in the same boat as everyone else – unable to really get a proper team together. This makes everything hard and everything boring.

NERF DIFFICULTY ALREADY.

PuG’s have killed Vale and Gore already. If you are having trouble it is because of you.

D/D, Staff Elementalist

Must Be Nice To Raid...

Animism.6849

NERF DIFFICULTY ALREADY.

PuG’s have killed Vale and Gore already. If you are having trouble it is because of you.

I have killed both already. Some pug teams have yes, not in great numbers…

Must Be Nice To Raid...

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Not sure why anyone really cares about raids. The rewards aren’t great. I know in my guild, it was really popular the first couple of days. People played until they beat the guardian and then lost interest.

I guess it just depends on what people find fun. Will there be certain people who run it every week or multiple times a week? Sure. Will that be a majority of players? Unlikely.

Must Be Nice To Raid...

Animism.6849

Not sure why anyone really cares about raids. The rewards aren’t great. I know in my guild, it was really popular the first couple of days. People played until they beat the guardian and then lost interest.

I guess it just depends on what people find fun. Will there be certain people who run it every week or multiple times a week? Sure. Will that be a majority of players? Unlikely.

There are more layers to this. For many people pre-HoT, it was meant to be the ‘new’ best thing in PvE since dungeons – which they nerfed… On another level, all of this time to make the content that is in PvE? Not releasing raids until a MONTH after the initial release? Again, was this game ‘ready’ enough for Anet? Were people waiting around a month for Anet to release raids so they could see what kind of content they were getting?
They improved some elements and essentially doomed themselves again. Really not very impressed by the expansion in all honesty.

To further from this, it’s not like the majority of players can get a refund – or we have our accounts deactivated until we re-purchase HoT…

Must Be Nice To Raid...

Posted by: Valky.2574

Valky.2574

I have not done any gw2 raids yet might never do any, but one thing i can say with 10+ years of raiding in eq/eq2 made me realize that raids are not really hard at all, there easy there like opening a instruction manual and just following the instructions,
ever have to line dance or square dance back in school ? can you program your old vcr clock ? you can raid

The prob with raids is the players they grow all elite and i have seen grown men 20’s 30’s 40’s all the way to 60 years old flip out in raids and voice chat it’s not something i ever want to experience ever again, I think allot of us that left them games came to this one Just do to the fact it had no raids like the other games no pressure to log in at a date and time so so

I mean just look at what some guilds are requiring of there guild mates it’s disgusting

Must Be Nice To Raid...

Gorefiend.9675

So let me get this strait, you want the difficulty to be to the level where “great numbers” of PuG’s are able to kill these bosses already two weeks into the raid release. Are you insane?

D/D, Staff Elementalist

Must Be Nice To Raid...

Posted by: Avster.1935

Avster.1935

My TL;DR about raids is that…GW2 has a lot of non-skilled players. It’s quite scary. Especially since for raids you are only as strong as your weakest link.

1 double dead = full party wipe.

Being flexible in what classes you can play also goes a long way into being in a core raid group. Assuming it’s properly geared.

On the other side of the fence, if you can get a group of 10 skilled players together, raids = super fun :P

Evelyn Whitehawk | Exalted Legend | Demons’s Demise | I Transmuted My Legendary Medium Coat

Must Be Nice To Raid...

Animism.6849

So let me get this strait, you want the difficulty to be to the level where “great numbers” of PuG’s are able to kill these bosses already two weeks into the raid release. Are you insane?

Two weeks is a long time of attempting for most. Name me something in the history of Guild Wars 1 or 2 that took over a week for a majority of players to complete. Were people more satisfied with those instances?

Must Be Nice To Raid...

Gorefiend.9675

Two weeks is a long time of attempting for most. Name me something in the history of Guild Wars 1 or 2 that took over a week for a majority of players to complete. Were people more satisfied with those instances?

Raids are not, and have never been, intended to be “for most”. They were specifically there for the gw2 community looking for something more difficult. Anet specifically went out and said that they did not expect this content to be pugable and yet it is. So not only are you out of line for expecting content that is not designed for you to be catered to you at the expense of those that the content was designed for, the raids, so far, are honestly not hard enough.

Finally yes, two weeks is an insanely short amount of time for the people Anet were targeting for this release.

D/D, Staff Elementalist

Must Be Nice To Raid...

Animism.6849

Raids are not, and have never been, intended to be “for most”. They were specifically there for the gw2 community looking for something more difficult. Anet specifically went out and said that they did not expect this content to be pugable and yet it is. So not only are you out of line for expecting content that is not designed for you to be catered to you at the expense of those that the content was designed for, the raids, so far, are honestly not hard enough.

Finally yes, two weeks is an insanely short amount of time for the people Anet were targeting for this release.

It was targeted at people like me. yet a lot of people like me cannot do it because of the difficulty of finding teams, and thereby the difficulty of the raid.

What basis do you have to say that raids aren’t hard enough?
And again, the same response to the last point…

Must Be Nice To Raid...

Gorefiend.9675

It was targeted at people like me. yet a lot of people like me cannot do it because of the difficulty of finding teams, and thereby the difficulty of the raid.

If you think the content should be beatable within two weeks and especially by pugs, then no, the content is not targeted to you.

1) The raid should not be pugable as that was the intended difficulty as stated by Anet.

2) The content is pugable as it stands now, so it is too easy.

Real easy

D/D, Staff Elementalist

Must Be Nice To Raid...

Animism.6849

If you think the content should be beatable within two weeks and especially by pugs, then no, the content is not targeted to you.

1) The raid should not be pugable as that was the intended difficulty as stated by Anet.

Real easy

Then you lead the whole discussion down the route of how you define ‘pugs’, as some experienced players can form loosely in a LFG and complete it – this does not make it a strict pug experience and therefore the difficulty is not too easy.

The fact remains that I have seen multiple groups of very experienced players, who know the boss mechanics very well and still can struggle a lot. Difficulty aimed too high by artificial numbers and unrepresentative tests?

Must Be Nice To Raid...

Posted by: Mega Skeleton.8259

Mega Skeleton.8259

Join a big guild. You get a lot of advantages doing so, one of which is a large pool of players who are less discriminate since you’re often playing with new people, and a lot of people wanting to run things at different hours. Play enough and you’ll find the people who are talented and on around the same time as you.

Not to mention guild halls themselves are pretty brutal for small guilds.

[EG] is recruiting!

Must Be Nice To Raid...

Posted by: Hawken son of Z.1367

Hawken son of Z.1367

I just came across this thread, I just have to add that I find it a tad funny that the OP made the thread and then replied later on saying how he was still looking for a guild that accepted him bla blah, when he joined our guild like 2 days ago, then left 2 days later which was on the day we were going to raid, webtoe was on the raid group. Why waste peoples time here on the forums? And why waste your time complaining about not having a non elitist guild that lets members raid instead of just officers when u get the opportunity and bail on it? Le sigh. We tried to help you and we tried to help us.

Must Be Nice To Raid...

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Real easy

Then you lead the whole discussion down the route of how you define ‘pugs’, as some experienced players can form loosely in a LFG and complete it – this does not make it a strict pug experience and therefore the difficulty is not too easy.

The fact remains that I have seen multiple groups of very experienced players, who know the boss mechanics very well and still can struggle a lot. Difficulty aimed too high by artificial numbers and unrepresentative tests?

Then those very experienced players are wearing sub optimal gear.