NPCs in AC still getting bugged?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Hachimaro.6234

Hachimaro.6234

I was wondering, why buggy NPCs in AC (Detha and Tzark) are still being ignored by Anet? I’m doing this dungeon on a daily basis and every other day at least one path has to be redone because an NPC is bugged. One would think after over two years this problem might get some attention, but apparently this isn’t true. Please keep in mind AC is often the first dungeon people enter and it can be really discouraging if it bugs.

Posted by: Minigrump.4961

Minigrump.4961

anet have given up on dungeons for the moment.

/waits for dlonie or someone else to link the thread post providing the evidence because I am lazy

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

I haven’t had any of these NPC bug in several months. If its happening to you every day something weird is going on.

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

/waits for dlonie or someone else to link the thread post providing the evidence because I am lazy

Sorry, I’m slackin’ today.

Here’s you go OP. Bask in the sadness with us:

ANet: No plans for new dungeons.

ANet: Maybe we can fix some bugs though?

ANet: lol jk

Nike — it still happens. I’ve seen both Hodgins and Detha bug out in the not-too-distant past. Not sure if Tzark still gets iffy before the p3 burrows, haven’t seen that in a while.

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

I’ve seen all of the bugs but they don’t happen daily to me.

Last 3 months I’ve had P3 npc bug maybe once or twice, he got stuck in a pillar -_-.

Detha never bugs for me nowadays.

The last boss tunnel P1 bug is avoidable if you wait a bit after handing in the 5 scepter pieces.

I would say I am extremely unlucky when it comes to bugs though, I’ve had the stupid clown car in SE p3 bug lol.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Posted by: Hachimaro.6234

Hachimaro.6234

Since my guild folded, I’ve rarely had the opportunity to do dungeons in full premade parties, and pugs love to fail stuff like the last skip on p2. Maybe it has something to do with it, never seen Detha bug after doing the skip properly. Still, having to be careful not to accidentally bug the NPC really tells a lot about the current quality of instances in this game…

And yeah, Tzark seems to have a fetish for that pillar.

Posted by: segman.3560

segman.3560

Detha bugged for me 2 days ago. Don’t bother with reporting any dungeon related bugs. Those aren’t going to be fixed. If you don’t play open world, you’re not a target for them.

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

i rarely got bug from detha lately. i remember reading something about waiting for detha to say “ok that’s enough bait ..” after the trap phase, before moving to the final room. can’t remember last time i got bugged .

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

I was wondering, why buggy NPCs in AC (Detha and Tzark) are still being ignored by Anet? I’m doing this dungeon on a daily basis and every other day at least one path has to be redone because an NPC is bugged. One would think after over two years this problem might get some attention, but apparently this isn’t true. Please keep in mind AC is often the first dungeon people enter and it can be really discouraging if it bugs.

That’s not entirely true. At the start of the game, hodgins and tzark never bugged, only detha was always a little picky. But after a series of “fixes” (to things that were not broken) they managed to break hodgins and tzark while making the detha issue even worse.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: Xandror.2356

Xandror.2356

Twice last week I had to abandon AC path 2 because the final event wouldn’t start. Both times it was after someone died skipping trash on the way to the Ghost Eater’s room. My solution is to require 5k achievement points to join my group in AC2, which drastically improves the odds of a smooth run. There have been a lot of new players since the game went on sale, and as a result, lots of AC runs being abandoned. A shame.

Posted by: Xandror.2356

Xandror.2356

Just killed colossus rumbus and never got the cut scene or reward for finishing the dungeon. This is getting old.

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Twice last week I had to abandon AC path 2 because the final event wouldn’t start. Both times it was after someone died skipping trash on the way to the Ghost Eater’s room. My solution is to require 5k achievement points to join my group in AC2, which drastically improves the odds of a smooth run. There have been a lot of new players since the game went on sale, and as a result, lots of AC runs being abandoned. A shame.

My groups always take a few seconds to kill the trash on the way to the last room. I’ve never seen Detha bug when we do this.

Takes a few seconds, but well worth it, IMO.