Ranger DPS in Dungeons

Ranger DPS in Dungeons

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

-snip-

Those videos were very illuminating, thank you. But there is still a lot room for improvement.

Ranger DPS in Dungeons

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

-snip-

Those videos were very illuminating, thank you. But there is still a lot room for improvement.

That’s where the rangers come in!

Attachments:

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

(edited by swiftpaw.6397)

Ranger DPS in Dungeons

haviz.1340

That’s where the rangers come in!

I don’t mean class dependent damage but rather general performance and overall knowledge about game mechanics tied to a player, not the class he plays.

Ranger DPS in Dungeons

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Erm in your calculations you are ignoring aftercast.

Ranger DPS in Dungeons

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

I consider that part of the channel. There’s no real reason to distinguish startup and aftercast when it comes to DPS calculations.

Ranger DPS in Dungeons

swiftpaw.6397

I consider that part of the channel. There’s no real reason to distinguish startup and aftercast when it comes to DPS calculations.

wat

Ranger DPS in Dungeons

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

wat

At this point you’re trying too hard to react to what he says. What he said makes perfect sense.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Ranger DPS in Dungeons

swiftpaw.6397

wat

At this point you’re trying too hard to react to what he says. What he said makes perfect sense.

I’m not even trying. If I was trying I would have some silly argument with him. I’m here for the entertainment, so I hope he keeps going.

Ranger DPS in Dungeons

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

I love how Guanglai continues to ignore the requests to post a video because he knows he’s wrong.

Just grow a pair and accept that your views are a pile of %*£"

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Ranger DPS in Dungeons

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Guangmath.

/Thread?

Ranger DPS in Dungeons

Posted by: obal.3218

obal.3218

-snip-

I agree there is some room for improvement. I just captured some normal runs without planning or people knowing for a guide on how to play as a Guardian so it’s not like we were going for speed. They are mostly pretty quick and clean and can show what the classes can hope to accomplish and something to compare against.

I’d really love to get some kills on them with the best party comp, gear, traits, and consumables geared toward each boss and people trying their best for a video (and are aware I’m even capturing ) but not many are interested in that sort of thing.

(edited by obal.3218)

Ranger DPS in Dungeons

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

-snip-

Oh so you’re a better player than Obal?

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

Ranger DPS in Dungeons

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

-snip-

What for? Quite a few of us are just average players becoming friends, got together for a run. We’re not interested to spend inordinate hours to solo this, solo that, break this record, break that record, but rather having fun together. And the time we spent to clear the content isn’t that bad considering the time we spent to play for fun, relative to those who spent inordinate hours to improve their game.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

(edited by SkyChef.5432)

Ranger DPS in Dungeons

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

Everyone knows that I’m the best player in Guild Wars 2. Don’t fault Obal for at least trying to match my skill level.

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

Ranger DPS in Dungeons

obal.3218

Everyone knows that I’m the best player in Guild Wars 2. Don’t fault Obal for at least trying to match my skill level.

I try my bestest, but you will always be a better Ranger than I will ever be. You use them banners like a pro.

Ranger DPS in Dungeons

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

are you an engineer irl by any chance?

Oceanic [LOD]

Ranger DPS in Dungeons

obal.3218

ed: ^^^^ oh my sweet jesus lol

Excel Wars 2.

Still waiting on those speedclear videos.

Here is all the proof you need.

Attachments:

(edited by obal.3218)

Ranger DPS in Dungeons

swiftpaw.6397

Excel Wars 2.

Oh my kitteng lol.

Ranger DPS in Dungeons

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

Excel Wars 2.

lmao

and

A group of 1 engineer, 3 rangers and 1 mesmer beat DnT’s record kill :
http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1ho102/new_world_record_lupi_in_41_sec/

double lmao. Also holy crap Define is pretty good.

Retired. Too many casuals.

Ranger DPS in Dungeons

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Define makes DnT look like noobs.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

Ranger DPS in Dungeons

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1ho102/new_world_record_lupi_in_41_sec/

That sounds impressive. I bet they would have done it even faster if they had at least one warrior to stack the banner buffs on too.

Regardless, even if it supports my contention, Lupicus is a pretty bad point of comparison for DPS tests because he is just burst and reflect, so it favors just stacking mesmers and bursty classes like engineers and rangers, and disfavors classes with more “steady” DPS. Hell, most of the “DPS” in Lupicus fights comes from Lupicus killing himself with reflected projectiles.

Ranger DPS in Dungeons

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

lol, he’s that gullible/deluded

But you’re a troll. I read it and thought “what sorcery is this”, opened the link, and was very displeased! >:(

Ranger DPS in Dungeons

Posted by: Delay.6908

Delay.6908

guang… idek wtf was that. lol

Dr Winston | [DnT]

Ranger DPS in Dungeons

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

I do wonder why the record kill didn’t bother to sneak in 1 thief. I’d say 2 warriors is enough and single target thief can push slightly ahead when supported.

Ranger DPS in Dungeons

Wukunlin.8461

That sounds impressive. I bet they would have done it even faster if they had at least one warrior to stack the banner buffs on too.

Regardless, even if it supports my contention, Lupicus is a pretty bad point of comparison for DPS tests because he is just burst and reflect, so it favors just stacking mesmers and bursty classes like engineers and rangers, and disfavors classes with more “steady” DPS. Hell, most of the “DPS” in Lupicus fights comes from Lupicus killing himself with reflected projectiles.

So you barely even read before you reply. I wonder how many factors you choose to ignore and and omit in your excel spreadsheets.

Oceanic [LOD]

Ranger DPS in Dungeons

obal.3218

So you barely even read before you reply. I wonder how many factors you choose to ignore and and omit in your excel spreadsheets.

Clippy is a Guardian. He is there to carry people in Excel like in Guild Wars 2 so it should be fine.

Hint: look up a few posts if you don’t get it.

(edited by obal.3218)

Ranger DPS in Dungeons

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

I’m not even mad. I’m curious how they got a Feedback like that after the patch. That sent him to like 15% health.

Brazil

Ranger DPS in Dungeons

swiftpaw.6397

Nvm, we changed our minds. We’ll just run your super leet setup without you and record it, since you wont. Can’t wait to see the huge difference :o

Ranger DPS in Dungeons

Wukunlin.8461

Clippy is a Guardian. He is there to carry people in Excel like in Guild Wars 2 so it should be fine.

My colleagues asked me why I am facepalming more than usual today

Oceanic [LOD]

Ranger DPS in Dungeons

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

I’m actually ignoring most of the drivel in this thread because it is literally exactly the same as the other ten times I have had this conversation.

Regardless, someone apparently speedkilled Lupicus with an engineer/ranger comp which may or may not have been optimal. I dunno, I didn’t watch the video, but it doesn’t really surprise me that it would work. Engie piles on might and vuln, rangers provide fury and spirits, Lupicus dies. I’m just saying that banners would have made it even better (we’re talking an extra 170 precision, 15% crit damage, and 320 power just from the warrior being there) and warriors deal enough DPS that they aren’t a liability if you aren’t getting those buffs otherwise.

Somebody asked me specifically what is optimal earlier so I can just post it here in case you feel like messing with it a bit:

There are a few variations but the important things to have are:

1) Grenade engineer for vuln and might stacking.
2) Warrior for banners and Empower Allies
3) Ranger for Spotter

The rest is largely optional as long as it has good DPS. Right now guardians have the highest base DPS in the game (except for maybe thieves) and are most reliable in terms of boon stacking, so generally I recommend 1 eng, 1 war, 3 guardians/whatever else you need in the group. If it’s a fight where Frost Bow is useful, for example, you bring an ele.

Do keep in mind that this works when you can actually control what your party is running. The warrior, for example, needs to bring all the banners and Empower Allies; most don’t (in fact, I’ve had five-warrior runs where “banner checking” results in a lot of ???? and WHAT ARE BANNERS I USE SIGNETS). If you aren’t JUST looking at raw DPS (i.e. you want to make sure your group has some measure of survivability by stacking defensive boons as well) I would recommend:

1) P/S Engineer (30/x/x/x/25) with grenades and +condition duration (at least +40% on top of the +30% from Explosives)
2) A/M + GS Warrior (30/0/0/10/30) with banners and Empower Allies.
3) S/W + GS Ranger (20/30/5/15/0) with Spotter and Frost Spirit
4) GS or Scepter + H Guardian (10/30/0/30/0) with whatever utilities are needed for the dungeon
5) Optional. You can run, for example, LH ele for the extra regen stack or mesmer for Time Warp + Feedback, etc.

That group comp will get:
25 might
25+ vuln
+170 to all relevant stats from banners
+150 to power from Empower Allies
+150 to precision from Spotter
Permanent protection, among other boons

Which results in DPS through the roof. Much more than you’ll get just from having a bunch of warriors kitten ing around with only the banner buffs, for sure.

Ranger DPS in Dungeons

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

Guang, I think watching the video might actually help you. I almost feel I’m being trolled by writing this reply, but I just can’t help it anymore. I’m starting to feel bad.

Brazil

Ranger DPS in Dungeons

Posted by: Ather.5091

Ather.5091

Should I spoil it for him?

Ranger DPS in Dungeons

swiftpaw.6397

My colleagues asked me why I am facepalming more than usual today

Wait till you read that next post.

Attachments:

Ranger DPS in Dungeons

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

Guang, please watch the video.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Ranger DPS in Dungeons

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

I just did. Now picture if they had a ranger and engineer in that group. It’d probably be under 40 seconds.

I say probably because minmaxing DPS honestly really doesn’t matter in those circumstances, since it’s really about hitting a high (but not necessarily top) DPS while hoping you get lucky on Lupicus’ rotation.

The conversation’s going nowhere, I think I’ve pretty much made my point and it doesn’t look like anyone here is competent to refute it, so I’ll just rest my case. If you still don’t get it, sorry, I can’t help you.

Ranger DPS in Dungeons

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

I just did. Now picture if they had a ranger and engineer in that group. It’d probably be under 40 seconds.

I say probably because minmaxing DPS honestly really doesn’t matter in those circumstances, since it’s really about hitting a high (but not necessarily top) DPS while hoping you get lucky on Lupicus’ rotation.

The conversation’s going nowhere, I think I’ve pretty much made my point and it doesn’t look like anyone here is competent to refute it, so I’ll just rest my case. If you still don’t get it, sorry, I can’t help you.

You can’t go out like a hero if you aren’t a hero.

Brazil

Ranger DPS in Dungeons

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

He doesn’t even seem to know much about lupicus. Lupicus is one of those encounters where burst damage is not more important than sustained.

31k reflects? Holy kitten!

Dub | [rT]

(edited by Dub.1273)

Ranger DPS in Dungeons

haviz.1340

I watched archdiviner video and it seems that almost whole of his party, including him, lacks knowledge about certain game mechanics, probably because they spent too much time on exploiting which he even acknowledges. Improving that part is within reach.

I’m very sad to see what these forums have become. Instead of asking what could have been improved you’re responding with basically ‘whoru?’. Compare your response to obal’s.

Finally, please stop trying to look for sarcasm in my posts.

Ranger DPS in Dungeons

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Yes, he is.

Ranger DPS in Dungeons

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

I feel like we’re just being accidentally trolled at this point.

Bet that’s also Anet’s excuse for rangers in general :p

Ranger DPS in Dungeons

spoj.9672

I’m not even mad. I’m curious how they got a Feedback like that after the patch. That sent him to like 15% health.

Do damage modifiers effect feedback damage? If so that might be why hes using mantra’s?

Ranger DPS in Dungeons

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

Do damage modifiers effect feedback damage? If so that might be why hes using mantra’s?

He said in the video he didn’t have the trait. And it still wouldn’t have made that big of a difference.

When I say “that big of a difference,” I mean taking him down to like 20% health. Feedback doesn’t reflect that many projectiles anymore from what I’ve seen, so I’m almost wondering if this video was recorded some time ago and only just uploaded, maybe to ensure that they hold the record. If that’s the case, well played.

Brazil

Ranger DPS in Dungeons

Dub.1273

Yes.

Dub | [rT]

Ranger DPS in Dungeons

Broadicea.8294

Guys I’ve been trying some Engineer builds and I might have to reconsider my position.

http://youtu.be/JdRsom6YtLo

Ranger DPS in Dungeons

spoj.9672

He said in the video he didn’t have the trait. And it still wouldn’t have made that big of a difference.

When I say “that big of a difference,” I mean taking him down to like 20% health. Feedback doesn’t reflect that many projectiles anymore from what I’ve seen, so I’m almost wondering if this video was recorded some time ago and only just uploaded, maybe to ensure that they hold the record. If that’s the case, well played.

But if they used damage modifiers to make feedback hurt that much to compensate the lack of reflected projectiles? Thats just my theory on how they managed to speed it up. But yeah could be an old recording, does seem like a bit too much even with that smart use of mechanics. Obviously a phantasm mesmer wouldnt get that much bonus damage out of feedback.

Ranger DPS in Dungeons

Dub.1273

Ele OP

[img]http://i.imgur.com/eE298Um.jpg[/img]

Can anyone tell me why we can’t even use bbcode or html in this forum?

Dub | [rT]

Ranger DPS in Dungeons

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

But if they used damage modifiers to make feedback hurt that much to compensate the lack of reflected projectiles? Thats just my theory on how they managed to speed it up. But yeah could be an old recording, does seem like a bit too much even with that smart use of mechanics. Obviously a phantasm mesmer wouldnt get that much bonus damage out of feedback.

I guess it’s possible… I’m just very skeptical.

Brazil

Ranger DPS in Dungeons

Broadicea.8294

Frame by frame I only counted 17 popups for that feedback so it’s not necessarily before the feedback nerf. It’s gotta be just % damage modifiers. I’ve only played mesmer once or twice while meleeing Lupi, does DnT or anyone else have a comparison from Mesmer POV to see what the normal crit numbers are like there?

Ranger DPS in Dungeons

Dub.1273

16-18k when soloing.

Dub | [rT]

Ranger DPS in Dungeons

Broadicea.8294

16-18k when soloing.

25 might 25 vuln makes it an extra 60% damage right off the bat compared to soloing, right? How much would the strength/crit from Empower Allies, Banners, and 25 Bloodlust add?