in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Hawkian.6580

Hawkian.6580

Holy crap. Keep your head up, Robert <3

So you killed another good farm possibility

Posted by: Peets.8529

Peets.8529

I thought this was Guild Wars 2 and not Farm Wars. I don’t see why they should allow farming. Farming = grinding. So they are keeping their promise.

Posted by: Lucillia.8297

Lucillia.8297

Farming = grinding. So they are keeping their promise.

What do you do in this game? I am genuinely curious.

Posted by: KratosAngel.7289

KratosAngel.7289

Actually, I’m quite happy of this hotfix. I’m glad that there was a quick reaction to this abuse and, above all, I’m glad that not everyone was affected by, for instance, nerfing loots on all bosses, which would have sucked.

However, twoquestion come to mind :
1) Considering there can be hotfixes like that, had there been others previously ?
2) If so, or if intended to add future hotfixes like that, for the sake of communication, could we please have a changelog of what is changed ?
I mean, it’s quite frustrating to see changed without knowing it …
I guess some details cannot be said, such as this abuse, but there could be another subforum “quick notes” or “hotfixes” and lines such as :
“Fixes a bug abuse in TA up path” (just an example)

Posted by: Sleepy.2647

Sleepy.2647

Certainly not “farm” the same place for hours everyday…are you selling gold or something? Otherwise i don’t know why people is so mad…

There is something called…enjoying the game and playing it normally, not everything has to be about “what gives more profit?…let’s do that!”.

Posted by: Joseph Skyrim.2470

Joseph Skyrim.2470

It was getting pretty abused. We had some solid metrics on it, and decided to kill the loot from one of the bosses in an attempt to slow it down.

It was indeed a hotfix.

So you actively look for the ways people are making coin and then remove or lessen it? That’s pretty scary. If that’s the case I think it will be a long time before I get over 10 gold pieces.

Posted by: evolverzilla.2359

evolverzilla.2359

Why are you all so angry about killing a farm?

This game just done a vertical progression and get an VERY angry response for that (at least in AMA about 1/15 of the questions wasn´t someone angry with ascended gear). I f they get their lesson it will not repeat.

So if we will not have vertical progression WHY did you want so much to have to farm=grind like crazy? Sell your gold IRL (there are people like these so a valid question)? Personal satisfaction? Are you in a hurry to get bored in this game so you can play another? Have a lot of money just to buy a skin?

Eventually everyone who plays this game will get top gear and there will be newbies who will look to you like look to a god. Just play the game.

And if you are curious about how i get my money, a bunch o T6, my exotics and even my rares. I just play the game, do some dungeons, get some gear, go to some low level maps and do dailies, even help some newbies found POIs, WP and Vistas with my explorer title.

I know that it´s difficult to drop the grind and try to enjoy game, all other MMO just teach us that a game needs grind (and I really don´t understand how this game are so grind need) and if you don´t farm you will be a looser. Just stop grind.

(edited by evolverzilla.2359)

Lucillia.8297

Certainly not “farm” the same place for hours everyday…are you selling gold or something? Otherwise i don’t know why people is so mad…

There is something called…enjoying the game and playing it normally, not everything has to be about “what gives more profit?…let’s do that!”.

I am certainly not mad, I am just curious as to what they do. They can’t be going for a legendary or progressing into fractals. Upgrading ascended items and obtaining a legendary is rather expensive for some people. Everyone enjoys playing the game differently but the fact that he stated they’re keeping their promise to no grind is flat out wrong.

Edit: If you also read my other comments, I personally don’t mind some grind. What I DO mind is that Anet are quick on their feet to fix farming/grind spots people like to use but there are still bugs known from launch that are still around.

(edited by Lucillia.8297)

Posted by: Tweek.3190

Tweek.3190

It was getting pretty abused. We had some solid metrics on it, and decided to kill the loot from one of the bosses in an attempt to slow it down.

It was indeed a hotfix.

How about you fix the fact that the boss can be afk’ed instead and don’t touch the loot? If people worked for those silvers they should get it right?

It would seem fair to me if you let this way of farming live when people also have a risk of getting downed.

Sleepy.2647

Some people enjoy making large amount of golds. Some people enjoy saving up towards certain weapon skins/armor that require large amounts of gold. Let that sink in for a minute.

Nothing wrong with that, but still doesn’t answer the question about why is people so mad this got fixed?
It’s not the only way of making gold, so it defeats that argument.

Either way, in case someone didnt notice, more gold for everyone = higher prices on everything.

(edited by Sleepy.2647)

Posted by: Cirroq.2531

Cirroq.2531

There are farms available in the game, but when a farm comes up that spikes charts and can upset the economy, we try to act quickly.

I think lots of people that play the game would like to know what the developers consider a ‘broken’ economy. In a market like the one for the materials used in legendary weapon crafting the constant rise in prices means supply hasn’t met demand yet.

From all the efforts that have been taken to reduce farming and botting I’m assuming that the development team WANTS prices for legendary items to increase for the foreseeable future until they reach some new higher equilibrium price. How high are you guys willing to let that get? 75 silver for an ecto? 1 gold?

Posted by: Sephirox.4071

Sephirox.4071

The problem you people are seeing is that this is a DUNGEON, its meant to be completed, not enter 6min go out enter again. Anet can simply do a fix and put that if you get out of the dungeon without making it all the way to the end you will simply loose all that you made inside tokens, gold, mats.

dungeons are meant to be completed, be it by exploit or anything, the fact is that people were using is as if it were a normal mob, which is not, is a DUNGEON.

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

Where should I farm the gold to buy those 30+ silver ectos?

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

Posted by: Fildydarie.1496

Fildydarie.1496

It was indeed a hotfix.

So you actively look for the ways people are making coin and then remove or lessen it? That’s pretty scary. If that’s the case I think it will be a long time before I get over 10 gold pieces.

About 2 weeks ago, I spent all my money on a full set of berserker armor and fine transmutation stones so I could transmute it onto T1 cultural armor. I was set back to ~7s.

I now have 16g in the bank. I don’t do anything special—I do a mix of content types, but I don’t sell off large piles of crafting materials—I stockpile them for later use.

My wife had 7g before she reached 80, just from playing content at her pace.

You can do it, but there is no special solution—you jsut play the game because it is fun, and then you will find that you earn coin as a byproduct…

Unless you play like my son, in which case excessive waypointing, poor loot management, and frequent dirt naps will take their toll on your finances.

-Fildydarie
Hutchmistress of the Fluffy Bunny Brigade [FBB]

Posted by: AdamWest.7921

AdamWest.7921

However, I do think people will continue if only for the dungeon tokens.

It’s possible. We’re watching metrics on it. I made the judgement call to only turn off the loot for 1 boss. If it is still being abused, I can make more judgement calls.

sounds like you should be paying attention too bigger things in the game. and not picking on people trying too farm for the overly priced items being sky rocketed on the BLTC. find a new way too get gold too buy things, then bam! sure enough an a loot Nazi will come a ban it!.GG.

Posted by: Cirroq.2531

Cirroq.2531

Some people enjoy making large amount of golds. Some people enjoy saving up towards certain weapon skins/armor that require large amounts of gold. Let that sink in for a minute.

Nothing wrong with that, but still doesn’t answer the question about why is people so mad this got fixed?
It’s not the only way of making gold, so it defeats that argument.

You are missing the point. When anet constantly moves the goalposts farther away by making it harder and harder to obtain something that already consumed hours of your time people tend to get irritated.

Posted by: evolverzilla.2359

evolverzilla.2359

@Cirroq
The prices are this absurd because EVERY kitten player is just trying to get a lot of money instead of playing the game and getting crafting materials. If they kill all the farms the player will need to get all gold in this world and waiting for better prices (never spending this gold) people will have to go get what they need.

So everytime you farm the prices will rise. And you will not spend your money because the prices are high and continue to farm to get more money, and when you farm to get money the prices rise…

It´s a vicious ring.

Stop grind, play the game.

Edit: Yeah, i edit a lot my posts. But I think this is important, before FOTM sometimes I bought craft items to complete some I don´t have. after FOTM the prices skyrocket, just think a minute about that.

(edited by evolverzilla.2359)

Posted by: Fildydarie.1496

Fildydarie.1496

I am certainly not mad, I am just curious as to what they do. They can’t be going for a legendary or progressing into fractals. Upgrading ascended items and obtaining a legendary is rather expensive for some people. Everyone enjoys playing the game differently but the fact that he stated they’re keeping their promise to no grind is flat out wrong.

Edit: If you also read my other comments, I personally don’t mind some grind. What I DO mind is that Anet are quick on their feet to fix farming/grind spots people like to use but there are still bugs known from launch that are still around.

I play dungeons, complete zones, discover new cooking recipies (and convert them to RL ones). I try to play various songs on the organs (try as I might, I can’t get Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy to sound even remotely close to right). I spend time with my friends and family in-game, talking about whatever topics come up, help with quests, and generally just enjoy the atmosphere. Sometimes, when in the right mood, I’ll do PvP or my wife and I will drop into WvW. Through all this, I acquire “stuff” that goes into the bank to one day become a legendary weapon.

I haven’t had to farm or grind anything yet, because it isn’t required to enjoy the game, it isn’t required to enjoy the content. Specific achievements may require it, but you can argue that 100% map completion is “just a grind” or unlocking every dye color is “just a grind.” Any nontrivial task can be labeled a grind, so the differentiation between “time consuming” and “grind” becomes a matter of opinion. I enjoy unlocking recipies, so while it may be repetitive, the only time you are compelled to do it is when you choose to—you can progress and explore and have fun without engaging in this activity if you don’t want to. Stat-capping players based on the number of rare dyes they have unlocked would be a mechanic that promotes grinding—having ~400 unlockable dyes alone does not. Similarly, telling players they need to work for agony resistance to delve into the lower reaches of a dungeon does not change the fact that the players can choose to experience the dungeon on a level that lacks this requirement, or avoid the dungeon altogether if that is their choice (arguments of limited availability of ascended armor are moot, since that has been addressed pretty thoroughly in the AMA). No content but fractals require you to grind fractals, making it more a matter of being rewarded for enjoying the content.

Farming is different than grinding. Grinding is repeating an action to open a content gate. Farming differs because it is not a content restriction, but a means to an end. Farming is repeating an action not because the action is enjoyable, but because the reward is desired.

As I read it, a dungeon boss was farmed because of a disproportionate coin reward. People desired money, so they fought only a boss that had a reward meant to complement a full clear of the dungeon. This was unintended. It was fixed before it could cause a significant spike in inflation.

I honestly don’t see any grinding. I do not have to force content I do not enjoy on myself to unlock content that I do enjoy.

Edit: I know it will take me a long time to get a Legendary at my pace. I’m OK with that. If I wanted it faster, I’d have to work harder, to the point that I would be farming—looking for optimal ways to get a certain reward. But this is not because I need to do it, this is because I want the reward. It would never cross the line to grinding, because it is not a content gate.

-Fildydarie
Hutchmistress of the Fluffy Bunny Brigade [FBB]

(edited by Fildydarie.1496)

Sleepy.2647

These ectos got to 30+ silver because everyone and their mom was gaining 3-5g per hour when doing arah farm for example, if people didn’t abuse such things prices would be lower

Posted by: perche.3215

perche.3215

Where should I farm the gold to buy those 30+ silver ectos?

+1

where can i farm the gold to buy those 200+ gold prelegendary weapons with 0.3% posibility to drop?, and 500 ectos, and 100 stones to 1g, and another 100 at 1,50g, and another 100 at 1g, etc etc etc.

Posted by: AcE.3418

AcE.3418

The reason why it is “abused” is because for those trying to get enough money to get a legendary weapon… which I’ve played a ridiculous amount this past two months trying to save all money, doing dungeons and playing the “non-abusive non-farming” way and it simply isn’t possible unless I grind that content out for 7 months straight.

There is such a un-balance of how you gain money in this game and without actually farming to get money.. ie this nerfed farm.. what else am I to do?

Why is it that if people have fun farming this, which I did have allot of fun doing it that it has to be destroyed? Just make it harder for us.. why take it away?

But for now I guess its back to grinding the same dungeons over and over and over and over… and karma farms over and over and over and over because there is a lot missing in ways to make money for the over priced legendary that I need 1mil+ gold to get.

End of rant

Posted by: Lorana.2468

Lorana.2468

These ectos got to 30+ silver because everyone and their mom was gaining 3-5g per hour when doing arah farm for example, if people didn’t abuse such things prices would be lower

if you understood anything you would realise this stems from the bot bans and the new Ascended Backpieces

Ecto prices are tied to the T5/T6 fine material prices because you can use these to craft weapons and then salvage for ecto’s, as such when the price for one moves so does the other.

a bit like how Unid Dyes were apparently “fixed” yet are much rarer than ever before and so to has their price shot right up, oh and you guessed it so to did the rare dyes.

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

So you can fix farming opportunities quick smart, but still can’t fix the mesmers you broke last patch

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

Sleepy.2647

I guess agony res back pieces requiring large amounts of ecto to upgrade per tier had nothing to do with it.

Not really, do you think everyone is upgrading a backpack to get 5 agony? Don’t think so.
Also dyes must be used to upgrade backpacks since they are also at 15s+…guess not either. Or mini pets, or gems…yeah, i guess everything is used for ascended gear.

Posted by: Excisidium.1723

Excisidium.1723

This is the biggest upset I have had with ANET in the past 7 years of playing their games. I have no hope for getting my legendary now. What ever happened to no grinding in the game? First you take away Plinx. That literally killed Cursed Shore. Then to put life back into dungeons so we aren’t speed clearing them you make bosses drop these special bags and loot. You want people to do your dungeons? Make. It. Worth. The. Time. We shouldn’t have to spend an hour and a half in Arah for 6 blues, 3 greens, 20-60 tokens, and 1800 karma. Did you see how many people did the Lost Shores event once we knew that spending 2 hours in the event chain for 4-5 exotics was the reward? People wanted to do that event. Right now there is no motivation to do anything except sit in LA and stare at the screen.

The most money this farm brought in per hour was 4g for my group. That’s not that much when mats are 30s a piece and we need 250-500 of Powerful Bloods/Ectos/Dust/Icy Runestones. If it all comes down to how much money is being earned per hour, you better get rid of the trading post as well. You’re slowly pushing the best profit in this game towards buying off of one of those Chinese gold selling websites. Fix it.

To those who say you haven’t grinded at all, quit sucking up to ANET. Be honest and tell the truth. ANET, you have done a great job with this game. But the things you have promised us are falling apart. There is still a massive amount of grind.

Sleepy.2647

I guess agony res back pieces requiring large amounts of ecto to upgrade per tier had nothing to do with it.

Not really, do you think everyone is upgrading a backpack to get 5 agony? Don’t think so.
Also dyes must be used to upgrade backpacks since they are also at 15s+…guess not either. Or mini pets, or gems…yeah, i guess everything is used for ascended gear.

Lets say 4 people upgraded their backpiece to the highest tier (250 ecto) that’s already 1k worth, as there’s a fair few who have. Supply > demand. This accompanied with the ban of large amounts of bots = higher prices.

The person I quoted was talking about ecto, not dyes. Nice try though.

It was an example about all the stuff that got price increased by 2x since the “arah farm”, nice try tho. Pretty much everything that has a little demand increased their price a lot since dungeons loot got improved.

(edited by Sleepy.2647)

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

Lets say 4 people upgraded their backpiece to the highest tier (250 ecto) that’s already 1k worth, as there’s a fair few who have. Supply > demand. This accompanied with the ban of large amounts of bots = higher prices.

The person I quoted was talking about ecto, not dyes. Nice try though.

Let’s not forget about the ultra shiny backpiece for 750! Ectos

Sleepy.2647

Lol, it was already increasing before this became publicised, if anything it was just icing on the cake

Because dungeons loot was improved, not just arah farm. You could gain 26s before from a dungeon run…and now get 1g+…notice the change?
Getting more gold = bigger prices, face it already. Yes, demand on stuff increases their price, just like having more gold.
Being able to do 5g an hour through arah farm wasn’t a good thing, if you think it was then i don’t have anything else to say.

(edited by Sleepy.2647)

Lucillia.8297

Being able to do 5g an hour through arah farm wasn’t a good thing, if you think it was then i don’t have anything else to say.

Doing 3 full AC runs takes what? About 45-60 minutes and that gets you about 4g which goes back to this persons question.

When are you guys going to nerf the gold drops in AC?

It seems you don’t want us to make money at all and just buy gems.

Are you saying that should be nerfed too?

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

I remember when they nerfed the crystal desert griffin farm (gw1). Many of my friends were sad about that one for…..well still are.

Thing is, some people just enjoy farming to make their gold. One of my friends who likes to make gold that way has already quit playing from boredom. He plays solo due to his schedule and never found a good solo farm so he is gone.

We do need some reliable farms for gold, etc. Me, I don’t like to farm, but I do like for my friends to play.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

Sleepy.2647

Doing 3 full AC runs takes what? About 45-60 minutes and that gets you about 4g which goes back to this persons question.

When are you guys going to nerf the gold drops in AC?

It seems you don’t want us to make money at all and just buy gems.

Are you saying that should be nerfed too?

The thing is, you can’t do AC all day getting that reward because you will miss the 26s from finishing the dungeon…so it’s not the same at all.
You could however farm arah all day getting 30s+ every 5-7 min, it’s not even comparable.

(edited by Sleepy.2647)

Sleepy.2647

there’s no other reliable source of farming without hitting DR and next to no decent loot drops.

Says who? All you have to do is “play the game”. You can do some farm here, some there (i guess that’s what Anet wants anyway) instead of just sticking to “the most profitable” spot and grinding it until they nerf it.
You can do all CoF paths, all AC paths and some other fast dungeon runs and make a good profit, or farm events until you hit DR and then do dungeons.
It’s been obvious that Anet doesn’t want everyone to go to the “most profitable” spot, but instead switch in between.

If you want to stick to the most profitable spot to gain gold, then use the TP because that’s what gives the most gold by far.

Excisidium.1723

Yes, you can just “play the game.” And then your legendary takes half of a year. Sleepy, you’re not pointing out anything really useful. Fact is, ANET is pushing their player base to purchasing gold from those Chinese websites.

Posted by: mudslinger.1938

mudslinger.1938

well I think they nerfed the chest drops too, Curse Shore was becomeing a dead zone since FotM now it will be even more.

Posted by: BFNK.6748

BFNK.6748

Upset the economy? Another judgement call? Is this how you call this?

I understand how one single farm path should not overtake the charts, but you are taking the completely wrong approach here. I was actually having fun! In Arah! This dungeon is hardly any fun to do as a whole, not to mention how hard it can be to get into. The dungeon had two awesome features – the jumping-over part, where people actually made EFFORTS to make a single jump and some would spend a considerable amount of time trying to do it properly, and the part where you could just run these two bosses and avoid the repulsive journey to the end. You removed both.

I was excited, I knew I was going to make some good coin and have some fun. It just seems like you promised a completely different story, not a scenario in which you subtly force players into playing your crappy dungeon to the full extend. People with tons of money are just going to keep making huge profits by buying in bulk and selling later at price spikes. And the casual player who hasn’t got so much spare time is condemned to never feel enriched. This dungeon is just not fun and reducing rewards is not making it more fun. Instead of removing loot you could’ve added more exciting things to Arah, make it more compelling. But that would be to advanced for the time we’re living in.

Sleepy.2647

Yes, you can just “play the game.” And then your legendary takes half of a year. Sleepy, you’re not pointing out anything really useful. Fact is, ANET is pushing their player base to purchasing gold from those Chinese websites.

Legendary is not supposed to take a couple of days anyway. It has nothing to do with the arah farm fix, Anet did a bad move making T6 mats be used for ascended stuff (ectos as well) increasing the “legendary farm” much more than what it was.
Giving everyone the chance of making 5g/h wasn’t going to make it any easier to get a Legendary, in fact it’s much worse making the gap between casual players and hardcore players much bigger leading to ridiculous prices on the most demanded stuff.

(edited by Sleepy.2647)

Posted by: Cerise.9045

Cerise.9045

I made a guide on how to make money in GW2, it looks like this

1. Get a legendary base weapon from karka event finale
  2. Spend 2 weeks farming profitable locations before they get nerfed

Don’t have luck and don’t farm early enough? Too bad, enjoy being poor, better get out your credit card info to buy some gems

Serious suggestion:
Instead of nerfing good money making methods over and over, which creates a huge gap between people who get lucky enough to use those methods early and those who didn’t, why not just make other ways of making money more profitable to bring everything to the same level?

(edited by Cerise.9045)

Posted by: BUTTERBLUME.3217

BUTTERBLUME.3217

It was indeed a hotfix.

About 2 weeks ago, I spent all my money on a full set of berserker armor and fine transmutation stones so I could transmute it onto T1 cultural armor. I was set back to ~7s.

I now have 16g in the bank. I don’t do anything special—I do a mix of content types, but I don’t sell off large piles of crafting materials—I stockpile them for later use.

My wife had 7g before she reached 80, just from playing content at her pace.

You can do it, but there is no special solution—you jsut play the game because it is fun, and then you will find that you earn coin as a byproduct…

Unless you play like my son, in which case excessive waypointing, poor loot management, and frequent dirt naps will take their toll on your finances.

I do not think anyone would deny that you increase the gold you carry around with you just playing the game.
But I think the point being discussed here aims more in that direction:

Playing the game rewarded you with 16g in 2 weeks, so in case you wanted to aim for one of the more expensive legendaries, you would have to play the game for roughly 2 years, in case the prices stay the same, which they will most likely not.

Excisidium.1723

It should take however much time you devote to the game. If you are WILLING to grind to get the legendary in a week, it should be doable. It shouldn’t be deemed an abusive and exploitable way of making money/karma. Saying it has nothing to do with the Arah farm is pretty ignorant. This whole thread is based around that. The T6 mat prices are DOABLE if you have a decent farm. Those of us who didn’t get an early lead on the TP and aren’t in the circle to make the upcoming money on the TP, will never get enough money for it. Making 4g an hour was the best income Ive had in this game so far. ANET wants us to make money strictly from our drops and then they go nerf the drop rates to oblivion. Look. 5g an hour. For the past 3 days, my buddies and I ran the Arah farm for 5-6 hours. That is STILL not enough money to even get all of the Icy Runestones. So you tell me how making 2g per hour from events is a reasonable alternative.

Posted by: BFNK.6748

BFNK.6748

Plans for the next patch include a (hopefully) decent update to all dungeons, making them DESIRABLE ways to spend your in-game time. Let’s just hope these aren’t the type of promises we saw for rangers, or another nerf to fun or Elementalists.

Sleepy.2647

Making 4g an hour was the best income Ive had in this game so far

It’s not so hard to understand, is it? If you complain that now you can only make 2g/h, what do you think it would happen if it was available for everyone to make 4g/h? Let’s think a bit, prices get balanced around the gold gain…in a month of Arah farm prices would have skyrocketed around that gold/hour therefor you would still be in the same place you are now.

If you get 4g/h doing something that is available for everyone that becomes 4g/h for everyone…therefor demanded items increase their price. Do you really think that making twice the gold people was doing a couple of weeks ago would result on prices not being increased?

(edited by Sleepy.2647)

Posted by: Pedra.4381

Pedra.4381

…but when a farm comes up that spikes charts and can upset the economy, we try to act quickly.

Translation: If it’s something that allows you to easily get gold and disincentivizes you from going to the Gem Store, all stops get pulled out to fix it.

If it’s something that simply affects our game play…not so much.

Yes, I’m a Ranger.

JonPeters.5630:]I do still believe ranger is the profession in most need of improvement…

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

Pls dont nerf ac gold is getting more and more worthless now

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

If you had to fight Bjarl every time in every path, that might get elevated to a bigger issue worthy of an emergency patch since it blocked an entire dungeon.

Let’s apply this same logic to the gates of arah hmm?

Posted by: CalamityTwo.8741

CalamityTwo.8741

I worked hard as hell for many long hours to get my Arah set.
All you people that abused this and are now crying here can kindly shove it up your….

Also:
“Pls dont nerf ac gold is getting more and more worthless now”

It’s farming paths like AC that are CAUSING gold to be worth less.

(edited by CalamityTwo.8741)

Posted by: Forgotten Legend.9281

Forgotten Legend.9281

well, ANET is the only MMO company out there that doesn’t put weekly locks on the dungeons, and then complains that people are farming the dungeons too much…

– The Baconnaire

Posted by: Darmikau.9413

Darmikau.9413

I would care less if this much emphasis was placed on broken farming.

Every single Cursed Shore farmer has noted the incredibly low drop rate of rares at the moment (1/4th the normal amount or higher) and the fact that champions still aren’t dropping loot and Anets only response after two weeks is a vague “we’ll start looking into it.”

But as soon as people find a nice new farming spot? Hotfix immediately.

Please take the priority you’re giving to fixing exploitable farming and use it to fix the farming that lots of legitimate players are trying to do.

Posted by: Dreamer.9072

Dreamer.9072

Does no one else farm HoTW? I mean i find i earn much more than i do farming AC.
You get the chance for t6 mats to drop, much more loot drops, and most importantly you can buy 2 lvl 80 rares per run, this means doing all paths net you a minimum of 6 rares.

Posted by: pickpocket.2071

pickpocket.2071

its nice to know anet is quick to fix ways to prevent us from getting gold, but yet makes us wait for weeks for simple bugs to be smoothed out,

I Know a great idea lets nerf loots even more so it takes ppl even longer to get gold but lets not fix the dungeon gates from being broken 50% of the time.

You’ve opened fotm so you no longer need to block progression by bugging the dungeon events so why not fix them?

Posted by: Kira.2903

Kira.2903

I have indeed farmer fractal also, the drops are not anywhere near the ones in AC, you get 1gold/path in AC and 1 path can easily be done in 15-20 min, all 3 path in 1h if you got a decent party. Fractal is all based on luck so you can end up with nothing more then 1 rare in the maw chest and a full run in fractal on higher level will take you about 1h with a decent team, give or take a few min+ that there is the risk of DC and have to restart.
AC also give you a decent number of rares and sometimes even exotics.

S P E L L B O U N D —~--Mesmer —~--Human lvl 80
S P E L L B O R N —~--Necro —~--Sylvari lvl 80
I Kira I —~--Ele —~--Sylvari lvl 80