Stacking needs to go.

Stacking needs to go.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Time Glitch.2460

Time Glitch.2460

I am so kitten sick of stacking.

It effectively ruins all the dungeon content in the game. No more fighting the boss as it was designed. Nope, gotta all sit in a weird corner watching my cooldowns go off. Oh, and this time it decided to magically not work, so we have to go try it again.

I know all you professional dungeon runners are in love with the idea of cheesing down content to get it done faster, but for all of us that actually enjoy fighting bosses and doing PvE content, stacking is killing our love for this game.

I just have to wonder why ANet lets this kind of thing go. Why are they just enabling their playerbase to just cheat their way through dungeons? Doesn’t that go against everything game designers and developers are supposed to stand for?

I don’t know. I’m just so kitten sick of cheesing my way through every bit of content in this game.

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

This is a very interesting and fresh idea, go on.

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

I know all you professional dungeon runners are in love with the idea of cheesing down content to get it done faster, but for all of us that actually enjoy fighting bosses and doing PvE content, stacking is killing our love for this game.

Who is this “us” you (singular) speak of? If you (plural) enjoy fighting bosses your way so much, why don’t you come together and enjoy the PvE content as a group?
Is it that you do not have any like-minded friends that enjoy ranging bosses to death? Or perhaps you can’t stand the idea of others doing things differently and earning the same rewards as you in less time?

Really, for all I care, you can build tanky and facetank everything, build healing power and health through damage or simply use a ranged weapon and dps (very slowly) how you please, as long as we’re not in the same party.

inb4 I got bamboozled.

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

This is the first time I see such a thread. I’m amazed at the insight in your idea, I’ve never seen anything like it before… You surely are of the special kind.
Keep up the good work, make more threads with more refreshing ideas.

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

This is the first time I see such a thread. I’m amazed at the insight in your idea, I’ve never seen anything like it before… You surely are of the special kind.

^

Seconded.

Attachments:

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Stacking needs to go.

Time Glitch.2460

Gotta keep making them until ANet does something about it.

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

It effectively ruins all the dungeon content in the game. No more fighting the boss as it was designed. Nope, gotta all sit in a weird corner watching my cooldowns go off. Oh, and this time it decided to magically not work, so we have to go try it again.

I just have to wonder why ANet lets this kind of thing go. Why are they just enabling their playerbase to just cheat their way through dungeons? Doesn’t that go against everything game designers and developers are supposed to stand for?

I don’t know. I’m just so kitten sick of cheesing my way through every bit of content in this game.

“Magically not work” he says.

Sounds like someone who has no idea why people stack.

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Stacking needs to go.

Time Glitch.2460

I’ve stacked perfectly multiple times in a row and sometimes it just doesn’t work. That’s probably the worst part. If it worked 100% every time I’d understand but basically people are gambling on the system breaking and sometimes that doesn’t happen and the boss creams you because, guess what, you’re all just standing in one spot.

You know, like what’s supposed to happen.

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

Fixing stacking won’t fix anything, Guardian GS pull or mesmer focus pull and no one even care about stacking being fixed.

Attachments:

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: Lucas.9157

Lucas.9157

I’m sorry, but you posted on the wrong subforum. This is soon going to be archived. We are here just for friendship, fashion & laughs.

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

I’ve stacked perfectly multiple times in a row and sometimes it just doesn’t work. That’s probably the worst part. If it worked 100% every time I’d understand but basically people are gambling on the system breaking and sometimes that doesn’t happen and the boss creams you because, guess what, you’re all just standing in one spot.

Explain to us why groups stack:

hint #1 – it’s nothing to do with exploiting bosses.

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: Veckna.9621

Veckna.9621

Oh my, such a new and unique thread!
There can’t possibly be another one or hundreds of those about the exact same thing

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

B-b-b-bingo!

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: Emanuel.9781

Emanuel.9781

BINGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Rezardi [DnT] – Elite Playhowiwanter US
NemesisMMNecro [rT] – Trans-Transsylvanian RPer EU

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: Dehuang.2053

Dehuang.2053

Please someone explain to him why everyone stack and why nobody likes rangers
*cough" BOON SHARING

oops!!

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: Ariete The Phoenix.8276

Ariete The Phoenix.8276

Month is one week old… Bingo all around. We should start a monthly bingo now!

Also known as Liahm Lee

Stacking needs to go.

Time Glitch.2460

Oh stop trying to be so high and mighty.

People stack because they don’t have to deal with the bosses mechanics and can just mash buttons.

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

People stack because they don’t have to deal with the bosses mechanics and can just mash buttons.

Oh… if only.

Sigh.

What bosses are you talking about? I need examples in order to explain exactly why that is not true.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: Veckna.9621

Veckna.9621

Ahh the gold old misconception about the old AC Spider Queen!
AC’s spider queen didn’t shoot poison fields if everyone was in melee range, it was simply like that as far as the actual fight’s mechanics and less informed people believed she didn’t shoot poison fields because people stacked in a particular corner which was not the reason at all.
Stacking allows us to share boons, utilize the terrain to our advantage in terms of attack placement such as fiery rush or whirlwind attack and this is why people stack.
Though in most disorganized pugs you might as well not stack at all because hardly anybody produces might stacks, fury or any other kind of boon that would aid the group.
So I’ll say this as politely as I can, get through yer thick skull that stacking does not in any way bypass a boss’ mechanics, only very high damage output may result in a boss being down before using a certain attack.
Now can we bury this thread with the rest of it’s kind?

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: Da Sonic.6521

Da Sonic.6521

Ah yes, how could we forget.

Stacking up next to Lupicus, and ignoring his AoEs, Grub, and life drain mechanics.
Stacking up next to the Molten Berserker and ignoring the shockwaves and Firestorm projectiles.
Stacking up next to Shaman Lornarr Dragonseeker and ignoring his frost breath.
Stacking up next to Captain Mai Trinn, and ignoring her bleed stacks.
Stacking up next to the Prototype F-IV, E-IV, and T-IV golems, and ignoring their projectiles.
Stacking up next to General Volkov and ignoring his bleed stacks.
Stacking up next to Ralena and Vassar, and ignoring their buffs for being next to each other.
Stacking up next to the Shoggoroth, and ignoring his stun if he isn’t burning.
Stacking up next to Subject Alpha and ignoring his ice, fire, and earth attacks.
Stacking up next to Andal the Thug, and ignoring his ice spikes.
Stacking up next to Clockheart, and ignoring his launch.

Clearly everyone in the dungeon forums forgot about all of these examples.

Genesis Theory [GT] (HoD)

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: FriskiestSpoon.6289

FriskiestSpoon.6289

Isn’t mashing buttons all we do anyways?

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: CuRtoKy.8576

CuRtoKy.8576

Dodge? I mean the boss only kills you if you stand there and use no active defense.

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: xallever.1874

xallever.1874

inb4 bingo

/15charr

Stacking needs to go.

FenrirSlakt.3692

Oh dear lord. This guy really doesn’t know.

That or we’re being tricked.

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: GhostAirborne.6872

GhostAirborne.6872

there have been similar threads in the past. the suggestion is basically : create your own non-stacking party n enjoy your run. Let those who dont have the time for this to just stack.

base64_decode(‘R2gwc3Q=’)

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

Quoting myself from a month ago:

OT:
I would say that it is not stacking itself that made players bad, but rather bad players didn’t understand why they were stacking and thus gave it a bad rep. They seem to believe that stacking will magically destroy the boss without them taking any damage, when in reality it’s really the other way round. They’re completely missing the point.
Stacking against a boss is usually done to facilitate Fiery Rushes (I think), otherwise there is no point in doing so. Where stacking really shines is when it’s used to group up a bunch of trash mobs using line of sight so you can blind them with a single Black Powder, share boons and pick anyone who goes down with ease.

You’re beating on something that you fundamentally misunderstand, and we’ve seen that happen too many times to really care.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

There is easy way to fix the stacking in the corners for Bosses specifically.In Arah P3 the last boss in phase two becomes invulnerable when you pull it to a corner and damage done is reduced to 0.What Anet has to do is implement this to every other boss in dungeons.That way bosses can’t be pulled to the corners and people won’t be able to melt them like butter.

Also by not pulling things to the corners i think people may start actually pay attention to the mechanics.For instance in AC when Kholer is pulled to the corner.A lot of groups just don’t dodge the whirlwind.They get hit by it and go in down state because they just can’t take so much dmg.Why don’t they dodge the spin?I don’t know…The same goes for other bosses too.
The change with spider queen in AC is a good start in my opinion but there is still room to improve.

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

(edited by moiraine.2753)

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: Da Sonic.6521

Da Sonic.6521

There is easy way to fix the stacking in the corners for Bosses specifically.In Arah P3 the last boss in phase two becomes invulnerable when you pull it to a corner and damage done is reduced to 0.What Anet has to do is implement this to every other boss in dungeons.That way bosses can’t be pulled to the corners and people won’t be able to melt them like butter.

Also by not pulling things to the corners i think people may start actually pay attention to the mechanics.For instance in AC when Kholer is pulled to the corner.A lot of groups just don’t dodge the whirlwind.They get hit by it and go in down state because they just can’t take so much dmg.Why don’t they dodge the spin?I don’t know…The same goes for other bosses too.
The change with spider queen in AC is a good start in my opinion but there is still room to improve.

In the same breath you said that we need to stop players from stacking because they ignore boss mechanics, and that they died because they ignored boss mechanics. You don’t have a problem with the design of the boss, you have a problem with players stacking and not realizing why they’re stacking, and just generally being bad at the game. Clearly the game DOES punish players already for stacking mindlessly, because they’re dying.

I’m also not sure if they changed Arah 3 in the past week, but I’ve been able to bring him to a corner and FGS him down the last 6 times I’ve done it.

The AC Spider Queen wasn’t a change to the corner, a group stacked immediately on top of her in the middle of the room functioned exactly the same, bar the spider babies not coming together (which reflects could deal with). The chance to the Queen was just that she uses her fields in melee range too now, and she dies just as easily in the corner now as she did in the past.

Genesis Theory [GT] (HoD)

Stacking needs to go.

FenrirSlakt.3692

If people get punished for not learning, then that’s good. Why punish those that actually know the mechanics and are just doing things the most efficient way possible?

Also, there’s no point on pulling the Arah P3 boss to a corner, unless you have a FGS. Otherwise you just get cleaved and lose your Scholar bonus.

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: Suns Dusk.7201

Suns Dusk.7201

1) People stack because they are using melee weapons and have no choice but to stay close to eachother. Melee confirmed exploit.

2) People stack because they want to break line of sight and force mobs to them and prevent ranged attacks. Environment confirmed exploit.

3) People stack because defensive utility such as wall of reflection has a small AoE. Surviving Not having healers confirmed exploit.

4) People stack because they can buff eachother. Banners confirmed exploit.

5) People stack because they want to cuddle. Love confirmed exploit.

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

They did. “Play How I Wanters” still can’t do the Spider Queen. They can’t do HoTW now without exploiting an AFK range spot. They can’t do the CoE golem. They can’t do Alpha. They can’t do Lupi.

They don’t seek challenges for themselves. They ask for the removal of more and more class and combat mechanics in pursuit of some mystical ‘level playing field’, where they will be somehow able to play at a passable level without putting forth any effort of their own.

Anet is doing a great job giving them this. If folks like you get your way, the only thing left to do will be to press 1,1,1,1,1,..

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

Bingo~

15 dancing charr

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: lazycalm.5186

lazycalm.5186

I have criticised this thing about stacking in the past, and I still stand for it

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Stacking is a symptom, not the issue. It’s a result of enemies not being a threat.

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

because there isn’t a one hit kill aoe under bosses. If a boss steps on you you die or should get a buff that gives %50 hp or something like that. Oversized boss steps on you you should be kittened.

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: Tachii.3506

Tachii.3506

This topikittenerally gets made every week doesn’kitten :/

(holy the censor is crazy in the forums, my first word is “topic” and the last is “it”, wowowow.)

SBI – Thief and the occasional Guardian & Warrior.

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

FenrirSlakt.3692@
There are a few points you are wrong about.First i’m not punishing anyone.Why because i’m a speed runner myself.I have a pre-made group.We run a lot of dungeons with the stacking and skipping as possible.With that in mind i can tell you how easy and fast is with stacking.But is that actually the right way?I don’t think so.Why?Because you skip the mechanics of the boss almost entirely.

Now about pulling the last boss in Arah P3 to the corner.Here you are wrong.I almost the whole time run with 2 eles.Not every dungeon needs them but most do.Especially if i is a speed clear like mine runs.So yea i do believe that the last boss in Arah P3 is good to be pulled to the corner.Well before the patch that made him invulnerable and now it’s not worth it for pulling.

Also there are a few other bosses in Arah that can be melt like a butter – Abomination in P2/Tar in P3 and don’t forget about Lupicus.But is the stacking actually right?I don’t think so.Is it useful?Yes it is.But definitely not right.Pulling something to the corner and just melting it?Hell no!

Da Sonic.6521@
Yes i agree with you that i have a problem ‘’with players stacking and not realizing why they’re stacking, and just generally being bad at the game.’’The actual boss mechanics are fine.Some are good other need a little redesign.

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: aliksyian.7642

aliksyian.7642

I hate stacking because I usually see it in bad groups. They don’t use boons or anything fancy. Just stand there and attack and hope they don’t die. It’s frustrating and not fun.

Hide user’s posts on forum with chrome tampermonkey script: http://pastebin.com/aaUQr3pm

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: Emanuel.9781

Emanuel.9781

B I N G O
I
N
G
O

Rezardi [DnT] – Elite Playhowiwanter US
NemesisMMNecro [rT] – Trans-Transsylvanian RPer EU

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Translation. “I want a different kind of dungeon experience, and I want it available at my convenience via the LFG. Why should I have to lift a finger to find a group that wants what I want?”

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

WTB 1.2k range on all combos.

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

Attachments:

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

Stacking needs to go.

aliksyian.7642

Has anet ever talked in detail about this?

Hide user’s posts on forum with chrome tampermonkey script: http://pastebin.com/aaUQr3pm

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

But is that actually the right way?I don’t think so.Why?Because you skip the mechanics of the boss almost entirely.

This is an FGS issue, not a stacking issue. Unless you really believe “melting down” bosses because you have boons, correctly timed active defenses and are attacking in melee isn’t how it’s supposed to be.

Also there’s another spot in Arah p3 where the boss will aggro to fine for FGS.

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: Teckos.1305

Teckos.1305

1) People stack because they are using melee weapons and have no choice but to stay close to eachother. Melee confirmed exploit.

2) People stack because they want to break line of sight and force mobs to them and prevent ranged attacks. Environment confirmed exploit.

3) People stack because defensive utility such as wall of reflection has a small AoE. Surviving Not having healers confirmed exploit.

4) People stack because they can buff eachother. Banners confirmed exploit.

5) People stack because they want to cuddle. Love confirmed exploit.

meh! people stacks because bosses lack high frequency cleaving melee attacks.(aka because Anet let us do so)

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: TKiller.6829

TKiller.6829

bosses lack high frequency cleaving melee attacks

And I am so godkitten glad they do.

Defeated by packet loss.

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

People stack because they can. They can because ANet doesn’t care about dungeons.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Stacking needs to go.

aliksyian.7642

Why?

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: TKiller.6829

TKiller.6829

Why?

Well how do you see a boss with high-frequency aoe attacks working in GW2 at all?

The tactics you’ll have left, depending on the DPS the boss does, will be:
- kill it before you outrun of invulnerability/dodges/hp, which changes nothing
- chain protection and waterfields which is a change of sort but I personally don’t see a lot of fun interaction here
- outgear the damage – no fun at all
- abandon all hope and kite it around the place.

We had Watchknights do this although they also required stability. I don’t think a lot of people had fun meleeing them.

Defeated by packet loss.