The Blog post that killed CoF path 1

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

its not that arah2-3 are so hard <.<

AC is way more difficult.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

I hope these Champ reward boxes actually drop something rewarding and not just a blue or a green…

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

The COF p1 is dead, long live the arah p4!

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Posted by: Direksone.3867

Direksone.3867

Don’t forget: they will be working on a revamp of the dungeons. They will do so through stories that make sense (not like AC where out of the blue the dungeon was completely different). This might result in COF P1 becoming longer, harder, whatever and still result in a nice coin.

Blood And Metal is a guild on Gunnars Hold that is all about metal, punk,hard rock etc.. Join us!

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Don’t forget: they will be working on a revamp of the dungeons.

Since AC nothing has been changed anymore tho.

Apart dredge fractal becoming more and more annoying each patch.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

Curious as to what the metrics for determining “difficulty” and “length” will be… And along those lines, which will be the more heavily weighted.

I imagine they’ll be using a combination of the following metrics to determine these.

1. Average dungeon completion time
2. Variance on dungeon completion time (larger variance = more skilled groups cut more time?)
3. Rate of success/failure (Would love to see what it’s like TBH). Can be overall or for specific bosses, perhaps (i.e. Simin, or specific events like AC Hodgins defense from burrows)
4. Percentage/frequency players are getting downed.

Just some ideas off the top of my head. I’m 99% positive they keep track of data which they can use to calculate above metrics.

Posted by: Amun Ra.6435

Amun Ra.6435

To think I just sold like 60 molten cores.

Godkitten it.

Lol, I’ve been saving mine for ages. I knew that the CoF gold wonderland couldn’t last forever.

People will not stop doing CoF.

Posted by: MattyjRulz.2840

MattyjRulz.2840

I hope these Champ reward boxes actually drop something rewarding and not just a blue or a green…

lol, oh no now you’ve said it. Tbh world bosses atm drop blues and greens, I think we’ll be lucky for that.

Joking aside I hope they do have meaningful rewards 8|

Posted by: Mourningcry.9428

Mourningcry.9428

Curious as to what the metrics for determining “difficulty” and “length” will be… And along those lines, which will be the more heavily weighted.

I imagine they’ll be using a combination of the following metrics to determine these.

1. Average dungeon completion time
2. Variance on dungeon completion time (larger variance = more skilled groups cut more time?)
3. Rate of success/failure (Would love to see what it’s like TBH). Can be overall or for specific bosses, perhaps (i.e. Simin, or specific events like AC Hodgins defense from burrows)
4. Percentage/frequency players are getting downed.

Just some ideas off the top of my head. I’m 99% positive they keep track of data which they can use to calculate above metrics.

No doubt they have the data, but the devil’s always in the details, isn’t it?

Take for example COF, COE, HOTW and Arah data vs the other instances. These instances are fundamentally different from the other instances in that their tokens can be converted into ectos. Does this add or subtract to their weighting? Should it not count?

Further COE, HOTW and Arah are the only three that don’t downlevel you, so, how do normalize the metrics for the other dungeons? How large is the variance between the minimum level in blues/greens and fully geared exo/acd 80? Do you even normalize, or does the downleveling serve enough of as a normalization?

How far back can you mine the data? Since the last “fix” to the dungeon perhaps? Because before then, any data would be suspect due to questionable tactics?

I think you get the idea. But simply put, whatever metrics they take, I do believe they’ll end up with a reasonable sampling of the current and past dungeon runner population.

However, this is not at all representative of the potential population once the rewards are announced. Make them enticing enough, and you’ll have an entirely new population. Make them unappetizing, and you’ll lose a significant portion of your population who’ll move on to greener pasteurs. In either case, skewing it, and rendering those once representative metrics irrelevant.

(edited by Mourningcry.9428)

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

OHHHHHH YEAHHHHH, ohhhhh yeaaaaahhhhh, 000000000 Y44444444444,
good riddance discriminatory pub scrubs who couldn’t even handle Crucible.
…bring on the MultiRun Money Making Wrecking-Crews…
Your path will now be rewarded for its girth and length
Inb4 Arah P1 Ooze gets farmed for kittenstones :p

CoE will take throne before the plaque reach Arah.

NOPE … chuck testa

Face it… the Submarine … easily the easiest b/c it’s the most toned-down version of Alpha (but not the quickest)… still requires them to play the lazer jump puzzle, the Console-alernating minigame, and the most annoying of all…. George of the Jungle Norn Guy who’d rather chase people AROUND the columns than into them b/c Anet’s A.I. can’t handle slight offsets in ground elevation.

Okay sure a few of them miiiight be able to handle the Destroyer lava room assuming their mommies and daddies bought them brand new i7’s/FX8000s (meanwhile GW2 only uses 2 cores to their full capacity most times anyway, LOL). But golem billiards in the other path will probably take even longer for them than George of the Svanir.

ALSO: the main reason we farm COE is for the Cores… but people will be able to just farm Champs in the Open world for those instead soon. So COE will have competition finally.

(edited by ilr.9675)

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

That was an unfortunately suggestive pair of noun choices to follow that interjection. :p

Ursan.7846

Take for example COF, COE, HOTW and Arah data vs the other instances. These instances are fundamentally different from the other instances in that their tokens can be converted into ectos. Does this add or subtract to their weighting? Should it not count?

I don’t think it should. If you wish to convert tokens directly into gold, purchasing exotics, MFing them, and selling it is almost as competitive as selling ectos since ectos are pretty cheap now (with the added bonus for PRECURSOR~). Too lazy to do the calculations now but I’ve done rough estimations.

However, this is not at all representative of the potential population once the rewards are announced. Make them enticing enough, and you’ll have an entirely new population. Make them unappetizing, and you’ll lose a significant portion of your population who’ll move on to greener pasteurs. In either case, skewing it, and rendering those once representative metrics irrelevant.

Indeed. However, the metrics may not change that much since what we’re dealing is simply smaller/larger sample sizes. i.e. just because less people do CoF 1 doesn’t mean the average clear time will suddenly grow longer. What is more possible, I think, is with more people doing a certain path,more exploits/skipping methods can be found and that can skew things.

I’m personally very excited for this implementation, of course. My gilded infusion isn’t though.

Posted by: Quam.7218

Quam.7218

/irony mode on

Oh noes! If CoF farmers leave CoF… and will spread dungeon wide with all their “elitist” character I don’t even want to know how the dungeons run will look like or how the gw2lfg posts will look like! “LF3Warriors 1Mes for Arah p3 link YT video of you defeating lupicus solo under 10 min + gearcheck”

LOL

/irony mode off

For real it’s on of the best changes ever made to dungeons. Hopefully it won’t be another fail.

Posted by: mickers.2715

mickers.2715

personally im against this change in its current form, maybe im just weird but i have a lot of fun doing speed clears. Arenanet needs to stop nerfing every farming spot in the game and reward players who can play more than 2 hours a day. Usually when im in uni on week days i don’t play but on weekends i play for a good 10 hours. All this DR and nerfing to spots makes it hard for me to enjoy my time when i get on.

I also dont want to be rewarded for using excel spread sheets and websites to play the tradepost.

Im also interested to see how this will affect the ecto/molten lodestone market.

Posted by: Xhyros.1340

Xhyros.1340

I don’t think it should. If you wish to convert tokens directly into gold, purchasing exotics, MFing them, and selling it is almost as competitive as selling ectos since ectos are pretty cheap now (with the added bonus for PRECURSOR~). Too lazy to do the calculations now but I’ve done rough estimations.

Indeed. However, the metrics may not change that much since what we’re dealing is simply smaller/larger sample sizes. i.e. just because less people do CoF 1 doesn’t mean the average clear time will suddenly grow longer. What is more possible, I think, is with more people doing a certain path,more exploits/skipping methods can be found and that can skew things.

I’m personally very excited for this implementation, of course. My gilded infusion isn’t though.

Ummm… 4 exotic greatswords for mystic forging = 1560 tokens. You could get 52 rares with that much. Assuming a .9 conversion to ectos, that’s 47 ectos. Lowest sell price of ectos is at 18.42s, so a profit of about 15s if you sell via TP. That would come out to 7.05g. While some greatswords are super expensive, most are around the 2g area. You’d have to get a ton of tokens or be very very lucky for it to get close.

Posted by: Stinson.5972

Stinson.5972

personally im against this change in its current form, maybe im just weird but i have a lot of fun doing speed clears. Arenanet needs to stop nerfing every farming spot in the game and reward players who can play more than 2 hours a day. Usually when im in uni on week days i don’t play but on weekends i play for a good 10 hours. All this DR and nerfing to spots makes it hard for me to enjoy my time when i get on.

I also dont want to be rewarded for using excel spread sheets and websites to play the tradepost.

Im also interested to see how this will affect the ecto/molten lodestone market.

I think a lot of people find themselves in this situation. I like the change overall because I don’t think spamming the same easy thing over and over and over should be rewarded most highly. But people have lives. What Anet should do is have the same DR but reset it weekly rather than daily, so if you only played on weekends you could run CoF 1 seven times before DR hit you.

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

Yeah, force people to stick to even more of a schedule…. it’s bad enough as it is with daily, monthly, reset of ori nodes, guild commendations, daily fractal.

I swear, to get all those scheduled things done properly, I need an ingame calendar with reminder-function.

To make this even more complicated by adding an internal counter with weekly reset… then Im back to playing the trading post because honestly, that wasnt that hard to keep track of as this.

/edit:
Btw, does anybody have a clue if this will be character bound or account bound? Because atm Im running two paths cof and coe with about 8 characters a day… character bound wouldnt change that routine at all. Account bound I wouldnt play 5 of my characters anymore ^^ Guess which ones

(edited by Yasi.9065)

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Yeah, force people to stick to even more of a schedule…. it’s bad enough as it is with daily, monthly, reset of ori nodes, guild commendations, daily fractal.

I swear, to get all those scheduled things done properly, I need an ingame calendar with reminder-function.

To make this even more complicated by adding an internal counter with weekly reset… then Im back to playing the trading post because honestly, that wasnt that hard to keep track of as this.

Well it’s not that hard to have a schedule if you have a committed group. Run X, Y, Z dungeons after daily reset (happens at a convenient hour for most people to be on). Set a couple days for guild missions (with extras if anybody missed something). I would suggest avoiding bounty on weekends as EVERYBODY is doing it at once and that one conflicts the most.

Posted by: Spiuk.8421

Spiuk.8421

Why do people keep saying guardians? They don’t have that much damage

They do actually.

Rubios – Tales of the Sunless [TXS]

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

Whatever the new dungeon is, it’s going to be a level 70+ dungeon, because 60 tokens of that dungeon = 2 rares, thus globs of ectoplasms

I’m surprised no one else has brought this up. Seems to be a major factor to me.

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

From this it looks like there will be no point in spending time doing cof more than once a day instead of running other dungeons.

Attachments:

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Ursan.7846

Ummm… 4 exotic greatswords for mystic forging = 1560 tokens. You could get 52 rares with that much. Assuming a .9 conversion to ectos, that’s 47 ectos. Lowest sell price of ectos is at 18.42s, so a profit of about 15s if you sell via TP. That would come out to 7.05g. While some greatswords are super expensive, most are around the 2g area. You’d have to get a ton of tokens or be very very lucky for it to get close.

I go for shields actually since they are only 210 tokens and its precursor is decently pricy (~300G). I toss them in with a mystic forge stone. From my experience, the exotic weapons I get average around ~2G (with the Pearl stuff the most common one, which are around ~1.70g ish) Just randomly including the expected value of much more higher valued stuff, assuming 2G per forge….

That’s about 2G per 630tokens. 630 tokens is is 21 rares. Assuming 0.9 ectos/salvage, and assuming the cost of salvage kit itself balances out the sigil/rune/mats, that’s ~19 ectos, which assuming 15s per profit, is around 2G85S total.

2G vs 2.85G. Not the same of course, but it’s almost competitive.

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

On a scale of 1 to immediate suicide, how much would you hate yourself if you threw 3 shields plus a mystic forge stone in and got Venom or Rage back?

Retired. Too many casuals.

Posted by: zeromius.1604

zeromius.1604

There are always other dungeons you could be running. You might even find yourself earning more gold per hour by varying your play experiences. They’re not nerfing any farming spots by giving you more gold from doing longer dungeons.

Ursan.7846

On a scale of 1 to immediate suicide, how much would you hate yourself if you threw 3 shields plus a mystic forge stone in and got Venom or Rage back?

I’d be very happy because I got lucky.

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

homicide

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

They won’t succeed. At best they will spread the farmers out across multiple dungeon paths. They will give a handful of dungeon paths an inappropriate amount of coins based on its normal difficulty (which doesn’t match up with its exploit difficulty) and they will be farmed. Bonus points if they make the daily limit character bound and not account bound (god forbid people not enjoy the grind progression of account based lock outs). A marginal increase in the number of paths farmed will result, but the biggest hit will be people who chain farm CoF.

This will result in gold becoming harder to obtain for pugs, but easier to obtain for groups that know how to cheese through content by using exploits.

Player Character.9467

This will result in gold becoming harder to obtain for pugs, but easier to obtain for groups that know how to cheese through content by using exploits.

It won’t be easier, you’ll only be able to get the rewards once per day…

Posted by: Stego.3148

Stego.3148

They’re not nerfing any farming spots by giving you more gold from doing longer dungeons.

Actually they are nerfing every farm spot by taking the gold away from boss drops, and making it happen only once per day. Hence farming is nerfed.

They will take away all gold in the dungeon from bosses. Then they will give it to you once a day only at the end of the dungeon.

Whatever gold you will get per run will be roughly the same as you were getting before except you can only get it 1 time per day. Textbook farm nerf.

Used “bold” to mimic your informed point which you felt the need to highlight.

Discovered the one and only ecto nerf to date. Endured verbal abuse and infractions to prove it:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Changes-to-ecto-salvage-from-rares/first

(edited by Stego.3148)

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

So, you don’t like it that better groups are going to make more money… and believe me, the w/m trend is not going to die, people that do cof will start doing hard dungeons, it will be bad at first but eventually we’ll start seeing arah full runs with a w/m party as a pug group

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

Wukunlin.8461

easier to obtain for groups that know how to cheese through content by using exploits.

typical “Everyone who does thing more efficient than I am must be exploiting”

Oceanic [LOD]

Stego.3148

and believe me, the w/m trend is not going to die, people that do cof will start doing hard dungeons, it will be bad at first but eventually we’ll start seeing arah full runs with a w/m party as a pug group

People farmed CoF because they are bad not because it is one of the highest, honest, gold per hour farms in the game.” You really have no grasp on things if you are going to accuse people efficiently farming of being bad. It sounds like some kind of jealousy issue to make broad accusations like that.

That’s not what he’s saying at all. There’s plenty of loop holes in GW2 that make a lot of it’s content vastly easier: look at FoTM and the ways people used to clear it. There’s also a ton of exploits that are regularly farmed that go way beyond what is allowed. Have you ever wondered why glacial cores / lodestones are so cheap and how are they being farmed so much to keep their price that low? They are quite a bit more farmed then cof’s molten variant.

Discovered the one and only ecto nerf to date. Endured verbal abuse and infractions to prove it:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Changes-to-ecto-salvage-from-rares/first

(edited by Stego.3148)

Posted by: Michelangelo.1742

Michelangelo.1742

Well if this new system is done right, every dungeon path will be viable, it just depends how much time you have in the day to spend on a dungeon path… and this system may kill dungeon farming as well (and to me that is a good thing).

WvW Revenge Catch-up Mechanic & Contingent 1U1D!
Tidal Legion [TL] – Sea of Sorrows

Posted by: zeromius.1604

zeromius.1604

They’re not nerfing any farming spots by giving you more gold from doing longer dungeons.

Actually they are nerfing every farm spot by taking the gold away from boss drops, and making it happen only once per day. Hence farming is nerfed.

They will take away all gold in the dungeon from bosses. Then they will give it to you once a day only at the end of the dungeon.

Whatever gold you will get per run will be roughly the same as you were getting before except you can only get it 1 time per day. Textbook farm nerf.

Used “bold” to mimic your informed point which you felt the need to highlight.

Can you honestly say that you will be getting less gold per day if you actually decided to run different dungeons instead of the same one over and over? What they’re nerfing are specific to the bosses, not to the dungeons themselves. They’re giving you incentive to run other dungeons.

If, hypothetically speaking, each path of Arah awards 1 gold per run and if your group is good enough to complete them in around 30 minutes time you could see around 4 gold every 2 hours. That’s definitely more efficient than doing CoF path 1 repeatedly right now. Now, whether you’re capable of farming Arah is a different story.

Wukunlin.8461

That’s not what he’s saying at all. There’s plenty of loop holes in GW2 that make a lot of it’s content vastly easier: look at FoTM and the ways people used to clear it. There’s also a ton of exploits that are regularly farmed that go way beyond what is allowed. Have you ever wondered why glacial cores / lodestones are so cheap and how are they being farmed so much to keep their price that low? They are quite a bit more farmed then cof’s molten variant.

demand for glacial lodestone is pretty low. Most recipes that uses it also uses corrupted lodestone which has a much higher demand due to corrupted weapons and other recipes. Anet has tried to balance it by adding recipes needing glacial and molten lodestone but those recipes haven’t become popular enough.

Also no one who has done the maths would farm fotm in any shape or form for money, the loot is that bad.

Oceanic [LOD]

Player Character.9467

demand for glacial lodestone is pretty low. Most recipes that uses it also uses corrupted lodestone which has a much higher demand due to corrupted weapons and other recipes. Anet has tried to balance it by adding recipes needing glacial and molten lodestone but those recipes haven’t become popular enough.

Also no one who has done the maths would farm fotm in any shape or form for money, the loot is that bad.

They need more fractals that fill ur inventory with heavy bags like the dredge do, my first suggestion would be centaurs (T6/onyx)

Wukunlin.8461

funny, I’m hoping they delete the dredge fractal altogether.

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

funny, I’m hoping they delete the dredge fractal altogether.

Maybe the dredge fractal will just cave into the Thaumanova (or w/e it’s called) reactor. I would love to see all the stupid protection mole rats plunge down into some fiery abyss, along with their pathetic clown car of monotony.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Stego.3148

Can you honestly say that you will be getting less gold per day if you actually decided to run different dungeons instead of the same one over and over? What they’re nerfing are specific to the bosses, not to the dungeons themselves. They’re giving you incentive to run other dungeons.

Yes I can say that you will most likely get less gold per day because the gold reward will most likely as described be the sum of the boss drops in the dungeon currently hence back loaded once a day instead of front loaded as you go endless times. This equals the same gold as always once per day which is a farm nerf.

Anet also seems to design around an intended 1 gold per hour if you play standard farming so that’s most likely what it will be. (slightly more per hour if you get a decent drop every now and then)

Glacial is tied to Corrupted on it’s main legendary Molten is tied to destroyer on it’s main legendary.

Glacial and Molten cores have similar price and quantities. Molten core’s primarily come from CoF farmers hence the crashed price this is also true for onyx (TA farmers) now why are there so many Glacial Cores?

Glacial to Molten have roughly the same demand. They are both used in 2 popular legendaries both used in a water weapon legendary. Molten core is also used in the warhorn which is one of the least popular of all.

Where do all the glacial cores come from then? Answer: players that have a far bigger impact on the economy then cof farmers ever had through non-legit methods.

(Also in the end I’m sure the exponentially biggest gold pump into the economy is just credit card gem > gold conversions.)

FoTM was solid gold when it first came out (not cof but close). It took a massive loot nerf around the same time they made agony on maw unavoidable.

(edited by Stego.3148)

Posted by: SoliSnake.9457

SoliSnake.9457

TA up,fw-fw,fw-up can be farmable easy too

Solisnake(Elementalist)Lighting Rajin (Guardian)
YamataNoOrochi(Warrior)Ziggy Th White Duke(Mesmer)Aleandro De La Vega(Ranger)

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

People farmed CoF because they are bad not because it is one of the highest, honest, gold per hour farms in the game.” You really have no grasp on things if you are going to accuse people efficiently farming of being bad. It sounds like some kind of jealousy issue to make broad accusations like that.

People are what they need to be make the most money, I thought everyone knew that.

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

the issue is cof1 is farmableby everyone.

Most other dungeon are rewarding only for optimized Group.

I expect to see the “zerker warriors only” issue to get way worse in the next weeks.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: SoliSnake.9457

SoliSnake.9457

in optimized party atm LH ele is much usefull then 1 war, the only good point for a war is banner and vulnerability but 2 war is enought for the job

Solisnake(Elementalist)Lighting Rajin (Guardian)
YamataNoOrochi(Warrior)Ziggy Th White Duke(Mesmer)Aleandro De La Vega(Ranger)

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

I go for shields actually since they are only 210 tokens and its precursor is decently pricy (~300G). I toss them in with a mystic forge stone. From my experience, the exotic weapons I get average around ~2G (with the Pearl stuff the most common one, which are around ~1.70g ish) Just randomly including the expected value of much more higher valued stuff, assuming 2G per forge….

That’s about 2G per 630tokens. 630 tokens is is 21 rares. Assuming 0.9 ectos/salvage, and assuming the cost of salvage kit itself balances out the sigil/rune/mats, that’s ~19 ectos, which assuming 15s per profit, is around 2G85S total.

2G vs 2.85G. Not the same of course, but it’s almost competitive.

You should multiply by 4, not by 3, since you’re selling the result and you have no leftover for the next forge attempt.

So I’ll fix it for you:
That’s about 2g for 840 tokens if you take exotics. But with 840 tokens, you can get 28 rares, resulting in 25 ectos, sold for 3.75g profit (with your assumptions).

2g vs 3g75s it starts to make a difference!

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Craft dungeon amulets and make up to 20g/200 tokens?!?

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: Empressium.5482

Empressium.5482

the issue is cof1 is farmableby everyone.

Most other dungeon are rewarding only for optimized Group.

I expect to see the “zerker warriors only” issue to get way worse in the next weeks.

eh really?ur implying tat cof does not give moar reward for optimized groups, thing is ultra hyperspeed cof runs which doin every lap in 3 min yields almost 7g/h compared to normal speedruns which only yields 4g/hour (and no its not ur usual zerk warr only groups).

Ursan.7846

You should multiply by 4, not by 3, since you’re selling the result and you have no leftover for the next forge attempt.

So I’ll fix it for you:
That’s about 2g for 840 tokens if you take exotics. But with 840 tokens, you can get 28 rares, resulting in 25 ectos, sold for 3.75g profit (with your assumptions).

I don’t understand.

It’s 630 tokens + 1 MF stone to make an exotic which I sell. Why are you multiplying by 4?

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

So I’ll fix it for you:

I don’t understand.

It’s 630 tokens + 1 MF stone to make an exotic which I sell. Why are you multiplying by 4?

Sorry, I didn’t understand you were speaking about the stones. My mistake.

But then it’s even worse… 1 Mystic Forge Stone costs 45 gems (bought in bulk), which is roughly 1.5g.

If you do it with the current giveaways of those due to achievements, indeed, it’s quite ok, but those are definitely in limited count.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

Ursan.7846

If you do it with the current giveaways of those due to achievements, indeed, it’s quite ok, but those are definitely in limited count.

And you get a fair amount from dailies as well.

I have about 200 of them. Getting ~600 tokens requires 10 dungeon path runs. Assuming you do 2 paths per day, that’s 5 days. So 5 days of constant dungeon running lets you consume 1 MF stone using this method. To use up all my MF stones (ignoring future ones I obtain) I’ll have to spend about 1000 days of constant dungeon running.

Needless to say I am not worried about their limited amount. In fact now that I made this post I might start using my MF stones for tossing rares weapons into the MF too =/.

Player Character.9467

And you get a fair amount from dailies as well.

I have about 200 of them. Getting ~600 tokens requires 10 dungeon path runs. Assuming you do 2 paths per day, that’s 5 days. So 5 days of constant dungeon running lets you consume 1 MF stone using this method. To use up all my MF stones (ignoring future ones I obtain) I’ll have to spend about 1000 days of constant dungeon running.

Needless to say I am not worried about their limited amount. In fact now that I made this post I might start using my MF stones for tossing rares weapons into the MF too =/.

Those aren’t from dailies, you have maybe 30-40 from dailies over the span of the entire game so far. The rest of those you got recently from the AP chests which will basically end in a couple weeks. Also plenty of people can get in 3-4 different paths in under an hour.