Token number - Not getting 60 for every first path

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Brian.8037

Brian.8037

This system definitly needs some more work cuase some of us are getting screwed by it, I did 3 dungeons since the last update and I’ve only got 30 tokens per run every time while some of my team mates got 45 or even 60, I had this yesterday at CM at the third path, I never did this dungeon in explorable and yet I get 30 while someone in my team who have done it once before(not within 24H) get 60, come on ArenaNet, what the heck is the deal with this? And please don’t give me the crap with DM, the first 2 times were Magg wich I’ve done before but that shoudn’t matter cause there was more than a 24Hour difference between the runs and according to the updates I should get 20 for completion and 40more for the FIRST time of the DAY!

Posted by: Verlest.5706

Verlest.5706

3 days ago:
Did AC several different paths. got 45 tokens, then 30, 15, 5, 2.

2 days ago:
Did AC all 3 paths: 45, 30, 15. Then TA two paths: 45, 30.

Yesterday:
Did AC all 3 paths: 45, 30, 15.

Today:
Did AC one time: 45. Then did CM one time: 30.

Everyone else was mostly getting 60 tokens or so. example: that last CM I did, three got 60, one got 45, and I got 30. All of us did that for the first time of the day. My case, I haven’t touched CM in over 2 weeks.

Posted by: aleiro.8521

aleiro.8521

Has anybody Ran CM? I have ran it two days in a row now and got full rewards for the whole group.

Posted by: Chungy.7189

Chungy.7189

Why penalize people who are skilled and steamroll through a dungeon? Why penalize people who like to play the same dungoen over and over? Its their time. Noone gets hurt if they get some skin a few days earlier than people who play less. This is one of the most redicilous mechanics I found in a MMO so far.

The fact is, its areananet’s fault. This is because they do not have enough weapons in their database and not enough tiers for high end stat gear, its not just about the skin we are talking about, its about the stats aswell because if you take CoF, CoE, and Arah they are all for Power, Precision and Crit % but they are also the best of those stats in the current game meaning people can farm for them, and also the tokens can go towards rare rewards costing about 30 tokens each which people can salvage for ectos.

But having said this, there is a bug in the system because i dont care how fast people clear a dungeon, aslong as it is thier first time that day then they should get the full amount. I ran CoF path 2 with my friend in a party, he got 60 tokens and i got 30 -.- and it was my first run of the day.

The system must be updated soon hopefully XD

Posted by: Lewis Burnell.2493

Lewis Burnell.2493

Ran all paths in various dungeons last night, got 60 every time.

Posted by: Firestrike.3014

Firestrike.3014

first time I ever finish Arah dungeon,45 tokens instead of 60..

Posted by: Alias.6302

Alias.6302

HotW explore started after 5PM PST yesterday (dungeon reset) —45 tokens
AC Explore, never done before -- 30 tokens

Posted by: GNUlix.2953

GNUlix.2953

Since there is no ETA on a fix I assume that the devs haven’t been able to nail the error yet.

Can we help?

Posted by: patasde.6087

patasde.6087

Today 1st run after 2 days, COF 2nd path – 45tokens still screwed

Posted by: Nataroth.7863

Nataroth.7863

I don’t know if they found where the issue was. But after yeasterday evening I had to make a decision for the guild. Having half the party members in dongeon loosing money for fresh run and maybe 1-2 person in the group actually making money. We are stopping any organised dungeon group until this is fixed. Way to much frustration to deal with. I just hope they won’t wait for next tuesday to fix that.

Nataroth 80 Guardian
Coen Finn 80 Thief

Posted by: nelopp.6140

nelopp.6140

Will GM return loss token to you? Some in my previous group claimed GM will give the missing tokens back, but so far I haven’t receive any response….
I have done 3 times of Honor of the Wave explorer mode but only got 30 tokens each time. I only do 1 route 1 day.

Posted by: Lagg.3960

Lagg.3960

I don’t know if they found where the issue was. But after yeasterday evening I had to make a decision for the guild. Having half the party members in dongeon loosing money for fresh run and maybe 1-2 person in the group actually making money. We are stopping any organised dungeon group until this is fixed. Way to much frustration to deal with. I just hope they won’t wait for next tuesday to fix that.

The weekend is here and no fix in sight. I think it’s safe to say that WoW…

puts on sunglasses

…is going to MoP up some of your players.

Hey, I just bash you, and this is frenzy,
But here’s my Wammo, so heal me maybe?

Posted by: StarsLife.7320

StarsLife.7320

Wednesday, my guild ran three paths of Ascalonian Catacombs, first run of the day working towards Dungeon Achievement and we were averaging 35-45 minutes to completion. At every completion, this is how the team members were rewarded:

Member 1: 60 token
Member 2: 60 token
Member 3: 30 token
Member 4: 60 token
Member 5: 30 token

Yesterday, my guild group did two paths of Twilight Arbor, first run of the day and we were working towards Dungeon achievement, averaging about 35-45 minutes to completion and here is the breakdown:

Member 1: 60 token
Member 2: 60 token
Member 3: 60 token
Member 4: 60 token
Member 5: 30 token (This player was in every dungeon completion with me and has never received 60 tokens like I have. The only difference in relation to other members is that he’s not from North America, he’s in Europe)

Something is wrong with the reward system, please have another look at it.

Posted by: Strongheart.5629

Strongheart.5629

Has anybody Ran CM? I have ran it two days in a row now and got full rewards for the whole group.

Aleiro, I have ran CM EM two days in a row, Butler runs only. BOTH times I received 6 tokens. Are you only suppose to get 60 tokens if you are level 80? I am level 66.

StrongHeart
Norn – Warrior
Yak’s Bend

Posted by: Acerolaorion.9320

Acerolaorion.9320

1. Did 2 Arah full runs all for it’s 1st time that day.
2. Each run I only got 15 shards of Zhaitan.
3. I spent 3+ hours for each full run.
4. Died like 10+ times during the 3rd boss fight.
5. All my other group memebers got 60 shards only me got 15 shards.

I deal with this reward bug very easily:
1. Will keep updating my support ticket till it got responded.
2. Will not play GW2 till this bug get fixed.
3. Play Tera/CoD/WoW/FIFA/BF3/BL2 instead.

Kissshot·Acerolaorion·Heartunderblade

Posted by: Xetelian.9278

Xetelian.9278

Did 1 HoTW with the underwater boss

got 10 Koda tokens

Posted by: Malekith.8234

Malekith.8234

I’ve yet to receive 60 tokens from a full run in ANY dungeon so far. I only get 30 from a full run when most of the time the other will get a full reward of 60. This is really getting annoying and forcing me to not do dungeons at all which is sad because i really want to get the armor/weapons from them.

I’m hoping we could get an official response on what is being done to fix this and when we can hope to get this problem fixed.

Posted by: RamzaBehoulve.5640

RamzaBehoulve.5640

Well, I had done Ascalon Catacombs only twice before today and it was a week ago or so (arguably my only dungeon with Caudecu 3 weeks ago)… We did 2nd path tonight in about an hour due to bugs and I got only 30 tokens. Another member got 20 and others got 60.

Don’t come tell me I’m running things too quickly, too often, your DR is completely bugged

(edited by RamzaBehoulve.5640)

Posted by: GNUlix.2953

GNUlix.2953

First Cof since 26 hours, finished in 39 minutes: 30 tokens.
The day before: 30 tokens.
First day of patch: 30 tokens.

I start to see a pattern there ^^

Posted by: deherch.3158

deherch.3158

It’s been roughly a week since I last did a dungeon run (SE Story mode). Today I went in TA Explorer mode, we took the forward-forward path. Took us 1h10min~+, I got 30 tokens, 42K XP (which is barely 1/3 of my XP bar) and 10 silver.

System is broken. All my previous dungeons had diminished returns as well, I thought this time it might be different, seeing there was a patch on the 25th. Yet, I still get crap.

Posted by: Jakar.3685

Jakar.3685

Today I ran 3 dungeons:

TA exp fw-fw path: took around 45-60 min and gave 45 tokens.
TA story: took around 30-45 min.
CM exp 2nd path: took around 90 min gave 15 tokens for me and 1 member. (60 tokens for the rest) This was the first time for all of us being in CM exp.

Posted by: Tyops.5894

Tyops.5894

Ran my first explorable mode run ever on any character last night. Got 45 Ascalonian tears.

The only think that I could think of at the time that would have had an effect was that I was defeated and running back while one of the mid-bosses was killed. But from what I understand I should have gotten all 60 tokens anyway.

NSP Why bother?….

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

I’m starting to think that this only effects certain people, as my guildies I dungeon with never get shafted on tokens, while I do.

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

Posted by: Crovack.3761

Crovack.3761

“Diminished Returns system.”

This right here is a perfect example of the poor customer service from ANet. People attempt to report a BUG in your poorly tested and rushed out DR code, and your initial response is 3 words long. It comes across as arrogant and worst of all ignorant. Please, if you’re going to have people from ANet interacting with your players, perhaps JonPeters isn’t the right choice.

People assume that things said by ANet members come with knowledge backing them, even if they’re rude; in this case you failed on every level.

Posted by: TheManiac.7392

TheManiac.7392

Tried a CM today, got only 45 for the first run of the day today too.
The CM ended at around 14:55 server time.
And then I went for a CoE, that ran over time I guess and reseted the daily quota, so I got 45 instead of 60 for that one, even though it was a 2h run that ended at 17:28

(edited by TheManiac.7392)

Posted by: Aloria Yevahn.7840

Aloria Yevahn.7840

First time ever I do an explorable mode (crucible), I got 30 tokens, another player gets 45 and the other 3 get 60. It can’t be diminishing returns, I didn’t play for 36h and no other dungeons in a few days. Completion in more than 45 minutes.

Posted by: van.4176

van.4176

After ending AC (first way) for the first time, i get only 45 tokans. All the other guys in my group get 60. )=

Posted by: TPenny.5071

TPenny.5071

Kinda wanted to finish my CoF set.
But received 15 for first run of the day (path 2) completed in about 25 minutes
and 6 for my second run of the day (path 1) completed in about 40 minutes (first time on this path)
What was so wrong with the old system?

Posted by: Firgus.9234

Firgus.9234

Ok id like to ask WHEN will you fix the dungeons ?! 1. U get a ton of bugs whih prevent u from even entering the instance… 2. When u somehow get your party inside ull have to lose 20+ silver on reps, 2/3h of ur life to complete the dungeon. 3. Forget about getting any drops! Arah run=10silver and 1 rare drop, thats it. 4. In the end after all the trouble u’ll get 15 shards !!.

20 min ago iv finished the 3rd path in Arah exp mode (3rd try!!! coz 2 ended up with members emo quting the 3 phase boss) every single member got theyer 60 shards, iv got 15 HOW rewarding…cant wait to do it again. Well if thats the “end game” experience AN braged about I’ll make sure to reinstall the game when u finish fixing your beta.

(edited by Firgus.9234)

Posted by: Sekt.3651

Sekt.3651

Just finished my first time ever finishing a whole path on a dungeon run, 3rd path Arah, took about 4 hours, everybody else in the group got 60 shards I got 6! 6 shards! This is rediculous!

Posted by: NxZ.5249

NxZ.5249

Ever since A.Net patched up Dungeons to give a large amount of shard at the end (60 on the first run, 45 on the second, etc). I NEVER got 60, always 45 (it once happened that i got 30 the first run!).
I always do dungeons with my guildmates, I’m always with the same group, somehow some of us get more than the others (right after reset, the very first instance of the day)

PS: I also JUST finished a PUG TA and it took more than an hour and a half, and guess what? I got 45!

I’d like to know how it works and why I am getting 15 less than most of my guildmates!

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Patch incoming on monday, just wait and stop to play dungeons ok?

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

Posted by: Kor.5980

Kor.5980

My friends and I just ran one of the Twilight Arbor paths for the very first time ever, and got varying amounts of tokens.

Kor.5980 – Eng – 45 tokens
Dogeight.7410 – War – 45 tokens
Telset.8439 – Theif – 60 tokens
Ratsult.1573 – Ele – 60 tokens
anonymous.1234 – Rng – 60 tokens

We all just ran the Twilight Arbor option to chose “up” first. Spider Queen variant.

We had all run the Forward/Forward option a week ago together, before the change and each received 30 tokens. Same group.

We ran it on Sept 28th, starting approx 8:17 central time.

Posted by: Sarius.6983

Sarius.6983

Hey , just to add some more info .

Every day as clockwork, i do some dungeons after the daily reset at 5 pm server time in stormbluff and it goes like this. First dungeon path 60 tokens, then second becomes 45, then 30, then 15. We do different paths and the last one was in a whole different dungeon so i pretty much can only do 3 dungeons paths per day while others in my team, can do all the paths and still get 60.

We all run the same dungeons together and so , but I’m the only one getting hit with the DR. Just a heads up on it really.

Posted by: Holesale.2640

Holesale.2640

Last night i did Sorrows Embrace for the first time. having never done it before ever.

first we did Third path i got 45
then we did First path i got 30
Second path i got 15 tokens.

today after 24 hours

I did First path got 45
Second path 30

This is really disheartening i actually enjoy the dungeon system in this game but why we being punished people for doing them??

Lucas Ashrock.8675

No punish. Just a way to discourage farmers.

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

Posted by: Acerolaorion.9320

Acerolaorion.9320

Just wait till Monday patch and see if it will get fixed, if not, I will just laugh, nothing more to do for me.

Kissshot·Acerolaorion·Heartunderblade

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Well if not, wait more weeks, doing something else. So much to do.

Posted by: Sebyos.4089

Sebyos.4089

We know if we are speed clearing or not THIS SYSTEM IS A GOOD IDEA BUT IS BROKEN RIGHT NOW.

Taking and hour to do a HotW path 2-3 run IS NOT A SPEED RUN, and should not AWARD 30 kitten TOKENS FIRST TIME.

80 Norn Necromancer Max : JC, WS, TL, AT.
100% World completion.

Posted by: Ashariel.8490

Ashariel.8490

Did TA explorable for the first time today ever. 45 shards.

Completed Arah dungeon for the first time ever today, took more than two hours. 45 shards.

Great feeling when you are the only one with 45 shards and everybody else has 60.

Posted by: MrLee.6892

MrLee.6892

Ran AC Explorable last night, never ran any of the paths before.

I got 15 tokens, then 6 and 6. Everyone else got their full amounts

Its like that in any dungeon I goto. I only get 15 then 6 after that if its in the same dungeon.

Am I going to get a refund for all the tokens I never got?

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

THIS SYSTEM IS A GOOD IDEA BUT IS BROKEN RIGHT NOW.

No, this system is a terrible idea.

Withholding all tokens until you kill the last boss means that if you need to leave for some reason, you get nothing.

And if your party decides to kick you at the last moment, to invite some guildie for “easy tokens”, you also get nothing.

Players should get X amount of tokens per boss after killing the respective boss.

By all means add an extra “dungeon completion” reward (ex., 10 extra tokens for each boss that you killed, given at the end), and make those obtainable only once every 24 hours per dungeon path (although personally I see no point in that – if people want to farm dungeons, let them; it makes them happier and doesn’t affect me at all) , but the current system makes no sense (and wouldn’t make sense even if the dungeons weren’t so bug-ridden)

- Al Zheimer

Posted by: miya.5160

miya.5160

The current system makes sense if you are balancing purely for exploiters and farmers and are ignoring the enjoyment of regular players.

Posted by: MrScopey.3485

MrScopey.3485

yea i just did ac explore for the first time ever and got 6 tears, thats six tears. wtf

Posted by: Akava Ranveer.6104

Akava Ranveer.6104

I’ve been getting 45, 30, 15 for my Elementalist, human female. Doesn’t matter if it’s the same path or same instance. As long as the runs are done within 3 hours the number drops.

HOWEVER! My warrior, human female, is NOT effected by this. This I found interesting. I am able to run dungeons for full tokens with no problems what so ever.

Posted by: MrScopey.3485

MrScopey.3485

just did a second path and got another 6, while a team mate who got 60 last time got 60 again

Posted by: dEKKS.1894

dEKKS.1894

I was always getting less tokens than my teammates for example, we did all routes of AC, all of us first time that day, and the loot was like 60/60/60 for my teammates and 13/6/6 for me … :< i hope they will recompense our wasted time by giving us our lost tokens :<

Posted by: Vanserk.4138

Vanserk.4138

Been happening to a lot of people this bug.
Ran TA 3 times today. Up forward I did earlier so getting less tokens is expected, I got 10.
Then 15 for doing forward up (first time in a couple days this path).
I did forward forward for the first time ever and only got 6 tokens, makes no sense to me this huge discrepancy.
Ran this with the same group and 2 people got 60 tokens for each of the 3 paths while the others get a scattered amount between 15 -45.

Feel as though certain characters are getting this bug while others are fine.

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Since there is no ETA on a fix I assume that the devs haven’t been able to nail the error yet.

Can we help?

They said monday…

Posted by: raiistar.4823

raiistar.4823

Is it normal that I get 6 tokens for my 1st run EXP mode in Twilight arbor? my whole group told me i should have gotten 60