Very disappointing news for you guys

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

I dont think anyone ever said aetherpath doesnt have more interesting boss fights. They are the only reason that path can be considered half decent though. And they could be better. But if you ruin a dungeon with other stuff it doesnt matter how good the boss fights are. The end result is an unpopular crap dungeon overall.

Posted by: HELLruler.4820

HELLruler.4820

I bet the dungeon community will die before 2016, and ANet won’t even care about it

And one day, a random guy will come to this section of the forums and ask where are all those amazing runners who spent their times teaching players, improving their runs, and playing what they liked even though dungeons had hardly changed over the years (and for worst)

Posted by: Goldberg.4831

Goldberg.4831

Wow, just wow, is this some new business model? Or are they trying to commit company suicide. Because when I read the article, and cut out the BS. They are saying making new dungeons is too HARD, too DIFFULCULT. At least they were being honest, Makes my decision easier. Stick with a company treading water, or go with one making waves.

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Wow, just wow, is this some new business model? Or are they trying to commit company suicide. Because when I read the article, and cut out the BS. They are saying making new dungeons is too HARD, too DIFFULCULT. At least they were being honest, Makes my decision easier. Stick with a company treading water, or go with one making waves.

It’s seriously such a shame. EOTN had 18 dungeons and was made in what, 6 months? Where did all THOSE devs go? I wish they hadn’t gone full rampage cash shop model. Why couldn’t they have done a mix of expos and cash shop? It’s just so apparent the difference in production speed between GW1 and 2.

Posted by: Kurr.4179

Kurr.4179

It’s seriously such a shame. EOTN had 18 dungeons and was made in what, 6 months? Where did all THOSE devs go? I wish they hadn’t gone full rampage cash shop model. Why couldn’t they have done a mix of expos and cash shop? It’s just so apparent the difference in production speed between GW1 and 2.

I’m not saying I’m happy we aren’t get new dungeons but EotN dungeons and GW2 dungeons are not exactly comparable. A lot of them reused the same floors, etc.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Almost nobody I have ever met logs in most days for the living story. They log in for WvW, SPvP and dungeons. Most people I know keep hoping that the next update will have a surprise dungeon to go with the living world… and every time, it’s a disappointing ‘click the dialogue’ game. That’s the main reason I find people still logging in – because they hope the LS will lead to content they like, such as dungeons. Which really should be added, imo because the story dungeons in GW2 were actually fantastic, if unbalanced.

Some people log in for logs. :p

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I’m not saying I’m happy we aren’t get new dungeons but EotN dungeons and GW2 dungeons are not exactly comparable. A lot of them reused the same floors, etc.

Not really 6 months. IIRC they had multiple teams(from an interview, can’t remember which but I am pretty sure it was with Colin and it was also mentioned that they where having a tough time keeping up with that pace. It was probably an EotN related interview.) EotN which was originally going to be Utopia was probably started at around the launch of Factions. So closer to 16 months if not more.

Posted by: Regina Buenaobra

Previous

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

A few follow-up points:

• If you don’t wish to participate in any of the community-driven feedback threads that are currently stickied, then this is up to you. I can certainly understand the frustration you feel and get that you might not feel it’s worth it to contribute.
  • If you do choose to participate, however, know that I will be relaying your critiques and suggestions to the dev team. We can at least work together and reiterate what you all want (consensus amongst yourselves would be ideal) and place your feedback and concerns in front of the team again.
  • Reiterating another point: I do not determine company development priorities, nor do I determine the overall communication strategy regarding when we reveal things. This means that I can’t promise when changes might come or what the company works on, nor can I tell you anything about what we are working on until we’re ready to do so (see Colin’s post to that effect) even if, at one point, we decide to start working on any of the suggestions.

With that, for those participating in the feedback threads:

• Please discuss within the respective threads and organize the feedback. Let’s give the discussion some time, say one week after the release of the Feature Pack: so September 16. During this period, I will be popping in occasionally to check in on the threads. I devote a few hours of my day to forums (the rest of the day is devoted to my other duties as a community manager—event/convention planning, working with partner companies, meetings with devs, sprint reviews, managing my team, etc.), and will try to post when I can. Even if I don’t post frequently, I’ll still be monitoring.
  • After September 16, I will lock the threads and begin parsing through all the feedback. I will then summarize, at a high level, each of the threads for the development team. I will include links to the threads so that they can read the feedback and critiques in detail.
  • Logistics: if I have missed a thread that needs to be stickied or any other logistical related issues, please PM me.

Thank you for your attention.

Content Marketing Lead
Twitter: @ArenaNet, @GuildWars2
In-Game Name: Cm Regina Buenaobra

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

A few follow-up points:

• If you don’t wish to participate in any of the community-driven feedback threads that are currently stickied, then this is up to you. I can certainly understand the frustration you feel and get that you might not feel it’s worth it to contribute.
  • If you do choose to participate, however, know that I will be relaying your critiques and suggestions to the dev team. We can at least work together and reiterate what you all want (consensus amongst yourselves would be ideal) and place your feedback and concerns in front of the team again.
  • Reiterating another point: I do not determine company development priorities, nor do I determine the overall communication strategy regarding when we reveal things. This means that I can’t promise when changes might come or what the company works on, nor can I tell you anything about what we are working on until we’re ready to do so (see Colin’s post to that effect) even if, at one point, we decide to start working on any of the suggestions.

With that, for those participating in the feedback threads:

• Please discuss within the respective threads and organize the feedback. Let’s give the discussion some time, say one week after the release of the Feature Pack: so September 16. During this period, I will be popping in occasionally to check in on the threads. I devote a few hours of my day to forums (the rest of the day is devoted to my other duties as a community manager—event/convention planning, working with partner companies, meetings with devs, sprint reviews, managing my team, etc.), and will try to post when I can. Even if I don’t post frequently, I’ll still be monitoring.
  • After September 16, I will lock the threads and begin parsing through all the feedback. I will then summarize, at a high level, each of the threads for the development team. I will include links to the threads so that they can read the feedback and critiques in detail.
  • Logistics: if I have missed a thread that needs to be stickied or any other logistical related issues, please PM me.

Thank you for your attention.

Can you please bring up the fractal cliff bug which is game breaking before then?

Thanks for posting.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Just don’t add anymore invisible walls to “fix” things. They never are a solution to a problem!

Anywho, thanks for the last post Regina. We understand your limitations as an employee with your own obligations and appreciate that you’re at least doing what you individually can to help.

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

just a suggestion, but i think it would be cool if you showed the community what you’ll present the devs beforehand, allow a day or two of discussion, edit the document if necessary, and then repost it before finally submitting it to the devs.

so kinda like how CDIs do it.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I can certainly understand the frustration you feel and get that you might not feel it’s worth it to contribute.

I am one of those who feels it’s not worth it to contribute and it’s nice to see that at least one person at Anet recognizes that some people feel this way.

We’ve been through the suggestion/“put our thoughts into bullet points” phase multiple times already with nothing to show for it. The way I see it, this is yet another round of the same. Why should we expect any different? The time to give Anet the benefit of the doubt has long passed.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

What we need about dungeons:

1) stop working on old dungeons (and ruin them).
Despite requiring less work, changes to them are often as wellcome as many useless profession nerfs we are seeing.
2) if you want to revamp old dungeon the ONLY thing we need is something that can be called AI.
3) If not, then work on new dungeons….
4) the dungeon population is so small because all you care of is making them of difficult access to newbies…
There is infact no difficulty progression
5) make some dungeons long but really easy, and some other short but challenging.

Reason why dungeons are not sso popular is infact point 4:
They are a trauma for new players and boringly easy for everyone reproducing youtube guides.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

Dungeon population is low? Did I miss something?

Grimkram [sS]

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Bye guys.

Regina, please accept my sincere thanks for coming and talking with us, but with no new content on the way, promises of less-buggy versions of the same content just doesn’t do it for me.

I hope the company realizes that it offers one of the most interesting combat systems around, but without fresh, replayable, challenging content…it is being wasted.

It’s been fun. I hope that some day a compelling reason to return will exist. But for now, you guys have dropped the ball hard. Keep listening, keep working, and add new content before its too late.

inb4 BHBs — No, I don’t think I’m special. But I want to let the friends I’ve made on this forum know what happened to me, and let the company see yet another person leaving because of their prolonged silence and Living Story tunnel-vision.

Best wishes,
Dave

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

Bye guys.

Regina, please accept my sincere thanks for coming and talking with us, but with no new content on the way, promises of less-buggy versions of the same content just doesn’t do it for me.

I hope the company realizes that it offers one of the most interesting combat systems around, but without fresh, replayable, challenging content…it is being wasted.

It’s been fun. I hope that some day a compelling reason to return will exist. But for now, you guys have dropped the ball hard. Keep listening, keep working, and add new content before its too late.

inb4 BHBs — No, I don’t think I’m special. But I want to let the friends I’ve made on this forum know what happened to me, and let the company see yet another person leaving because of their prolonged silence and Living Story tunnel-vision.

Best wishes,
Dave

Please give me your stuff. I would really like to buy a logging tool and Belinda’s replica.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Bye guys.

Best wishes,
Dave

Please give me your stuff. I would really like to buy a logging tool and Belinda’s replica.

lol.

Even though I never really knew you, it’s a shame that you’re leaving. :/

Posted by: JasmineLong.6514

JasmineLong.6514

Bye guys.

Best wishes,
Dave

To be honest, I’m almost at that point as well…just like so many others here. I’ve been playing some side games lately to distract me from GW2 but the only thing that’s basically keeping me interested in this game are the people that I’ve met and made friends with and the guild that I’m in. I guess we rah have different things that keep us coming back. Hope you have fun on whatever game you delve into next and that it is rewarding for you.

Ps: gimme ur stuff xD

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

xD I’ll be keeping my stuff!

I’ll want it in case a new dungeon is added in a couple of years, right?

crosses fingers

JasmineLong.6514

crosses fingers

You won’t remember your password by the time they release new dungeon content xD

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

Bye guys.

Best wishes,
Dave

Goodbye soldier

*Mind Brain Salute *

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

Bye guys.

Best wishes,
Dave

Slap from the left, handshake with the right. Take care man!

Boneheart.3561

crosses fingers

By the time you come back, you’ll be so far behind the economy. You might as well have nothing but your equipment.

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

I am 100% sure that a new dungeon will not help. It would be fairly unreasonable to expect more than one to be added at this point. People would quickly burn through the new dungeon and then we will be right back at the same spot we are now. If it isn’t some how absolutely perfect it even has a risk of being dead on delivery. TA aetherpath seems to be a bit like that.

There needs to be some fundamental changes to dungeons.
- better uses for tokens
— once you have your characters all fully decked out in whatever the only thing to do with these is to buy stuff and salvage them. this seems like a very degenerate use
- rewards
— I think it might be better to get rid of the daily rewards and increase the rewards per run. Maybe with a reasonable daily cap to avoid the old CoF p1 issue. The dailies end up having a negative impact on rerunning a path. If some paths never get run as a result then that is clearly a balance issue.

Correct, a new dungeon would lose its novelty in under a week.

However I don’t agree with the increasing rerunning rewards and getting rid of daily rewards. Currently that system is in place precisely because they want to encourage people to run different dungeon paths as opposed to the same one again.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I am 100% sure that a new dungeon will not help. It would be fairly unreasonable to expect more than one to be added at this point. People would quickly burn through the new dungeon and then we will be right back at the same spot we are now. If it isn’t some how absolutely perfect it even has a risk of being dead on delivery. TA aetherpath seems to be a bit like that.

There needs to be some fundamental changes to dungeons.
- better uses for tokens
— once you have your characters all fully decked out in whatever the only thing to do with these is to buy stuff and salvage them. this seems like a very degenerate use
- rewards
— I think it might be better to get rid of the daily rewards and increase the rewards per run. Maybe with a reasonable daily cap to avoid the old CoF p1 issue. The dailies end up having a negative impact on rerunning a path. If some paths never get run as a result then that is clearly a balance issue.

Correct, a new dungeon would lose its novelty in under a week.

However I don’t agree with the increasing rerunning rewards and getting rid of daily rewards. Currently that system is in place precisely because they want to encourage people to run different dungeon paths as opposed to the same one again.

Depends. Personally I don’t find say AC all that exciting. But, make it like Arah and I think we’d get months of fun and exploration out of it.

DeathPanel.8362

Depends. Personally I don’t find say AC all that exciting. But, make it like Arah and I think we’d get months of fun and exploration out of it.

That’s a bad idea.

There’s a reason why you see people run AC far more than Arah. Arah takes experience and coordination and most pugs can’t handle it, whereas AC can be face rolled with pretty much any Pug that has any half decent players.

Your idea would just end up making AC a graveyard with the occasional dungeon seller.

Jerus.4350

That’s a bad idea.

There’s a reason why you see people run AC far more than Arah. Arah takes experience and coordination and most pugs can’t handle it, whereas AC can be face rolled with pretty much any Pug that has any half decent players.

Your idea would just end up making AC a graveyard with the occasional dungeon seller.

. . . I’m not saying make AC like Arah, I’m saying make a new dungeon with the quality of something like Arah rather than the faceroll that something like AC is. The “it” in my post was in reference tot he new dungeon being discussed, sorry if that wasn’t clear.

NovaanVerdiano.6174

That’s a bad idea.

A graveyard? Enough people run Arah.

The game needs more dungeons like Arah, by that I don’t necessarily mean the bosses (most of them are easy as heck anyway, most people have more problems with the skips I’d say), but in form of the exploration aspect. It actually feels more like a map and not just corridors.

Pugs need to step up their game and realize that while you can play everything, not everything is effective. Also, they finally need to learn how to dodge/utilitize your skills.

DeathPanel.8362

That’s a bad idea.

. . . I’m not saying make AC like Arah, I’m saying make a new dungeon with the quality of something like Arah rather than the faceroll that something like AC is. The “it” in my post was in reference tot he new dungeon being discussed, sorry if that wasn’t clear.

Um that’s literally exactly what you said verbatim above in the quote history:

“Depends. Personally I don’t find say AC all that exciting. But, MAKE IT LIKE ARAH and I think we’d get months of fun and exploration out of it.”

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

That’s a bad idea.

“Depends. Personally I don’t find say AC all that exciting. But, MAKE IT LIKE ARAH and I think we’d get months of fun and exploration out of it.”

‘it’= New dungeon. Context obvious from the post he quoted.

DeathPanel.8362

That’s a bad idea.

The game needs more dungeons like Arah, by that I don’t necessarily mean the bosses (most of them are easy as heck anyway, most people have more problems with the skips I’d say), but in form of the exploration aspect. It actually feels more like a map and not just corridors.

Pugs need to step up their game and realize that while you can play everything, not everything is effective. Also, they finally need to learn how to dodge/utilitize your skills.

Not really. Arah is the least run dungeon out of all the paths with exception of maybe COE. Half the lfgs you see usually are selling the path for gold and the other half are usually comprised of pug teams that can’t even handle it.

Posted by: rojak.1894

rojak.1894

I’d say Hotw is more likely (78% moar) the least run dungeon. Arah groups fill up pretty quickly.

Jerus.4350

That’s a bad idea.

Sir, reread what I posted please then try again. I feel I pointed out pretty clearly the “IT” you bolded was in reference to the new dungeon that was being discussed in what I quoted. I realize there might have been an initial confusion but that should have easily been cleared up with what I posted last…

Jerus.4350

That’s a bad idea.

Not really. Arah is the least run dungeon out of all the paths with exception of maybe COE. Half the lfgs you see usually are selling the path for gold and the other half are usually comprised of pug teams that can’t even handle it.

I can’t help but disagree. I’d say COE is one of the more run dungeons. I run it daily and it fills up just as fast as any other dungeon and usually see just as many LFG posts, if not more. AC is pretty easily the most popular, after that I’d say it’s a tossup between a few others. TA may have been the second at one point but since the Malrona and Flower Skip changes I’ve found it to be much less run than before.

As far as Arah not being popular /shrug, I’ve seen people post groups with 1 person in it, I swap to the character I want to bring then go to join and it’s already gone. So I’m inclined to believe the people here that they just fill very fast. I don’t PUG that very much though. I will say that when I open my friends list it seems that there are always at least a few people running that dungeon at any given time. Going from my friends list (which I know isn’t an accurate measurement) Fractals and Arah are what I see most.

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

Too late for this game to focus on balance and fixing issues/performance. Do that in your extra hours now. Players after 2 upon release expect new content. After all this time we only have 1 new dungeon path and it wasn’t a very good one. Main reason we see less people every day and close to zero returning players.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Posted by: pzyonix.1645

pzyonix.1645

A little defense here for the hardworking Devs.

I played GW1 and just about daily active since beta GW2.
In line of the genre game this is, there hasn’t been ANY, not one other MMO (or similar) that was able to keep me satisfied for more than 2 months.
Sure Anet will have lost players to other games and the releases in the upcoming weeks will probably take a lot more players away from them.

But if your preference is MMO, there simply isn’t a better game and there hasn’t been one since they launched!

This is PARTIALLY personal opinion, the other part is simply how it seems to be (reviews, awards. etc.)

They made a great game, set a new standard. As expected, gamers grow familiar or even bored with a concept and demand even more. Guess what… You are currently playing the best there is and some of you are almost forcefully trying to get more. Patience will pay off. Either with a feature pack, or a new, yet unseen MMO.

To me, it is not the game that starts to get on my nerves, as it clearly does for some of you.
To me, it is, with all respect, the unforgiving mass of players that don’t want to assist new players into the game, so that one day they have the same skill as the one kicking them from party. The elitists in diva behaviour, AP-checkers, the verbally abusive towncriers and commanders obey-me-or-uninstall folk, that are pretty much making every map or event, unwelcoming for the new and uninteresting for the veterans.

My post isn’t exactly without harsh words and someone is just bound to reply to it in a flaming matter, but at least I kept it civil. In contrary to over half the posts on this forum lately.
I completely understand Anet that they keep their attention to those that are NOT showing up at their forum doorstep with torches and pitchforks and let all the riots solve itself.

And I absolutely love the B-day Blaster!!! Cake for everyone!

Posted by: Dave.2536

Dave.2536

To me, it is, with all respect, the unforgiving mass of players that don’t want to assist new players into the game, so that one day they have the same skill as the one kicking them from party. The elitists in diva behaviour, AP-checkers, the verbally abusive towncriers and commanders obey-me-or-uninstall folk, that are pretty much making every map or event, unwelcoming for the new and uninteresting for the veterans.

No. Just no.

Look at DnT’s website and youtube channels. Full of guides and videos. Look at [rT]. Comprehensive class guides on dulfy. [KING]. Videos. Wethospu. GW2Dungeons.net. Dungeon Mentors [Noob] guild. This community is all about helping others improve. They just won’t take it. Then the excuses responses we get when offering help in game too:

“Man it’s just a game stop taking it so seriously”
“Kitten off with your stupid advice”
“I didn’t ask for help you kittening kittenkitten”
“You think you’re better than me, giving me advice?”
“I play how I want”

This game caters to a casual crowd. It’s okay, we get that. They may not enjoy playing with us, and some of them have yet to realize a lot of the more dedicated players won’t enjoy playing with them.

We say, okay, we’ll establish our group as not casual, and they’re free to have/start their more casual groups too.
They say, OMG DISCRIMINATION CALL 911 CALL YOUR LAWYER CALL OBAMA

Content in this game will always seem
to be faceroll at the high levels, because it
needs to be accessible to the casuals and bads.

JasmineLong.6514

No. Just no.

Look at DnT’s website and youtube channels. Full of guides and videos. Look at [rT]. Comprehensive class guides on dulfy. [KING]. Videos. Wethospu. GW2Dungeons.net. Dungeon Mentors [Noob] guild. This community is all about helping others improve. They just won’t take it. Then the excuses responses we get when offering help in game too:

“I play how I want”

This game caters to a casual crowd. It’s okay, we get that. They may not enjoy playing with us, and some of them have yet to realize a lot of the more dedicated players won’t enjoy playing with them.

We say, okay, we’ll establish our group as not casual, and they’re free to have/start their more casual groups too.

QFT!

NovaanVerdiano.6174

No. Just no.

“I play how I want”

QFT!

Posted by: IvanTheGrey.2941

IvanTheGrey.2941

No. Just no.

“I play how I want”

Can’t +1 this enough.

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

No. Just no.

“I play how I want”

Can’t +1 this enough.

Bravo!

golf clap

pzyonix.1645

I agree on the QFT as well, or Quoted For Truth, BOTH sides to ONE story.
As active commander in multiple areas of the game, past and present leader to guilds and a Q&A representative for some european communities I have witnessed all your mentions and more up to a point I needed a break from both Q&A and commanding. This is the other side of the coin, true. My experience is that a different approach works wonders but you’ll always have those few that ignore everything from anyone.

However one of the problems that creates this behaviour (on both sides of the ‘coin’) is META. For each part in the game the playerbase created almost a law of how to play . So far I can only think of one event in PVE (Tripleheaded Wurm) that REQUIRES a 90-95% fixed setup of players, but we are talking about the biggest boss in the game here. The rest, not excluding anything, including dungeons and WvW require any law on how to play. Guides, fine, as long as there remain guides and don’t become the law.

I will not call names of the renowned guides/communities, but by mentioning communities you force my hand to bring this up. Not being member of a community has multiple times led to verbal abuse from THEIR part towards other communities or individuals for daring to contribute builds, tactics etc. and later on claiming that very contribution to be their own.

Sounds pretty much as players/communities that DO take it seriously and do think they are better, that don’t ask for help and wave off any advice.
Which completes the circle if you ask me…

Guides show more options to do something, the ’hardcore’way to give it a name, the ’casual’way, and for the specific wurm event ‘the just about only way’ (and even then the wurm has a little room for flexibility)

a Law simply states: This is what must be done and there is no other way for you to even enjoy participating in whatever we are doing.

the we say, they say part…
That is just making an exception for non-casuals to be allowed gaming with casuals. Also… a casual gamer isn’t by definition an unskilled/new player, just a different type of player. Hardly discrimination, but exclusion which might even be worse.

I guess I am blessed with my ability to play the game with all kind of players.

Truth be told… It is usually those that join my party with the META-law imprinted in the playstyle that I don’t like.
Rushing off like haywire robots with that fixed C++ like paradigm burned in their eyesockets. Some of them totally forgotten that it is a game they play, and not a job they have…

Dave.2536

That is just making an exception for non-casuals to be allowed gaming with casuals. Also… a casual gamer isn’t by definition an unskilled/new player, just a different type of player. Hardly discrimination, but exclusion which might even be worse.

I guess I am blessed with my ability to play the game with all kind of players.

Some of them totally forgotten that it is a game they play, and not a job they have…

First off, please stop with the egocentricity and ridiculous moral high ground. Personally, I have a degree in math with further background in computer science and statistics. Has it ever occurred to you that doing and discussing calculations and spreadsheets (and implementing them of course) might be something I enjoy?

Some others (and also me included) would like to get good (read: better) at whatever they do. We get to choose our entertainment (what makes/keeps it fun), but we will still approach it with a competitive attitude.

We want to play with people who equate “optimal” and “challenging” with “fun”, not with “work”. Every opportunity is made to reach out to “casuals”. But we’re not going to go all the way to them; they need to take a step forward themselves and meet us in the middle. We will lead them, but we will not and cannot grab their hands and pull them.

“But it’s fun, not work”
“But I don’t want my immersion ruined by knowing what to expect”
“But I’m casual and these hardcore players should carry me through the content”
“But this content is so easy anyone can do it so everyone should accept me”

No, it’s not that we won’t take you (casuals) for your inexperience. We won’t take you for your attitude and carefree indifference toward getting better.

(edited by Dave.2536)

pzyonix.1645

DaveGan, you sound like me 6 months ago. I am not saying you will change or that I have, I think I just experienced different gamers than you have. You seem to take it personal, which isn’t needed. And don’t forget that I have sailed (and still do) the same boat you are currently on. That attitude you discribe is not something I have problems with dealing anymore, they usually see things from another perspective rather quick. with a few rare exceptions.

And by some, I really mean some, not 9 out of 10 players. But some players really do become workaholic in the game.
As much as you like discussing calculations and spreadsheets, I like finding creative solutions non-excluding anyone’s playstyle (if we talk about games)

>>We want to play with people who equate “optimal” and “challenging” with “fun”, not with “work”. Every opportunity is made to reach out to “casuals”. But we’re not going to go all the way to them; they need to take a step forward themselves and meet us in the middle. We will lead them, but we will not and cannot grab their hands and pull them.<<

This is also my view, so I don’t get it why you seem to take this personal.

Boneheart.3561

That’s a bad idea.

Jesus, man, he even apologized. Maybe you should take a break.

Posted by: Jiyn.3158

Jiyn.3158

That’s a bad idea.

Meh, I just ignore it now. Some people need the last word in to make them feel better about themselves

Never trust a Stormcrow.

Dave.2536

>>We want to play with people who equate “optimal” and “challenging” with “fun”, not with “work”. Every opportunity is made to reach out to “casuals”. But we’re not going to go all the way to them; they need to take a step forward themselves and meet us in the middle. We will lead them, but we will not and cannot grab their hands and pull them.<<

This is also my view, so I don’t get it why you seem to take this personal.

I (and I believe quite a few others here) took it personally because you came here with a very clearly perceived air of superiority and condescension.

Your general agreement with that quoted statement is proof that the issue is far less black-and-white than your posts have made it seem. Different people will go different lengths to reach out to casuals, and will try to reach them in different ways. The LFG window is a pretty shallow way to look at the big picture.

EDIT: Full disclosure: I’ve actually been out of the game for about a year and a half, and I’ve never actually taken the time to learn Arah. I would never even dream of joining a non-casual Arah on the LFG at the moment because I know I am a casual when it comes to that.

Additionally, just to clarify, I do not filter anywhere near as much in my own searches. I simply write something like “pX 80/exp/zerker/huehuehuehuehue” and take whoever comes. I don’t gearcheck, I don’t enforce things after people join, and I suspect many others also use it more as a deterrent than enforced law. At the same time I would never fault anyone for wanting to choose (and enforce) his own shade of gray on the scale of casual<—>hardcore.

(edited by Dave.2536)

Posted by: Kurr.4179

Kurr.4179

That’s a bad idea.

Meh, I just ignore it now. Some people need the last word in to make them feel better about themselves

Says the person that uses 2 accounts to post here, always has to add a condescending jab to anyone he doesn’t agree with then goes on the DnT forums to mock them further.

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

Look, I agree blaming the developers is silly.

Maybe the funds just aren’t getting to where they need to be going, Maybe the publisher sees it as a demographic conflict with Wildstar, Maybe they’ve put GW2 on the back burner in order to diversify the studio into an entirely new IP.

God only knows what’s behind a decision like this – but I can’t imagine they made it lightly or with any ill intent. At the same time, you can’t be so wrapped up in pointing fingers you go around blaming Players for it instead.

If the mode is underplayed, it’s because we had an endless procession of the same complaints at least once a week for two years that for whatever reason couldn’t be addressed. That’s all. Not that dungeon running in an MMORPG has suddenly become an odd eclectic niche activity. Not that players playing the same thing aud nauseum because the mode can’t grow with the rest of the game should feel ashamed for getting bored. Not that the dungeon community started pushing people away before they started leaving enmasse themselves. Not that folks should be perfectly happy with a PvE that isn’t making the most of the combat system and the skill curve it presents.

Just a simple allocation of resources made for reasons we can’t fathom much less judge.

(edited by Vox Hollow.2736)

Posted by: Jiyn.3158

Jiyn.3158

That’s a bad idea.

Says the person that uses 2 accounts to post here, always has to add a condescending jab to anyone he doesn’t agree with then goes on the DnT forums to mock them further.

lol

Since you seem to follow me to the other forum, you would know that I use my second account when I’m on my phone since I have less security there and incase anything happens that account doesn’t have much on it. Condescending…everyone is condescending on the forums…even your posts as well reading back on some so meh

Oh and at least say something on the other forum instead of just lurking :P

Any further issues just PM me please

Never trust a Stormcrow.