What is your most hated build?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: EcoRI.9273

EcoRI.9273

Most hated meta build: Ranger sword.(Unable to control character)
Most hated nonmeta build: dual pistol thiefs(Literally worthless)
Most hated meta build in meta comp: banner warrior(Banner kitten)

http://www.twitch.tv/eco_r_i
Wynd Cloud | Fierce N Licious

Posted by: TurtleDragon.3108

TurtleDragon.3108

Staff Guardians and Rifle Warriors.

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

My heart does not fill with joy at seeing two warriors, but at least they can’t leave their pet out for a stealthed skip past volatile blossoms in TA.

Really, there are worse things than a second warrior.

Two warriors in a party usually means that no one of them can play anything else, because otherwise he probably would.

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

My heart does not fill with joy at seeing two warriors, but at least they can’t leave their pet out for a stealthed skip past volatile blossoms in TA.

Really, there are worse things than a second warrior.

Two warriors in a party usually means that no one of them can play anything else, because otherwise he probably would.

On the other hand 4 warriors and a Guardian is a completely viable team comp for casual speed runs. EZway is not to be underestimated in terms of effectiveness. 4x banners, perma fury, 25 might, 25 vuln, EA. Who needs stealth when you can yolo any trash run with ease?

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

Posted by: ArrowInMyAss.7945

ArrowInMyAss.7945

Sounds like two of any classes other then eles are bad (in some cases people dont even want to see certain classes in their group), but somehow everyone focuses on scenarios with two warriors??

And to the speedrun experts in this thread, having theoretical best way to stack classes in a group is great, but understand PUG-ing is a reality for some (if not most) people and it should be look at with different context. Personally I would call completion of a dungeon/fractal within “reasonable” time a success. Advocating and educating the most efficient way to complete something is good, but not taking common scenarios into consideration really invalidates your hardwork.

Posted by: Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Oh and I am just going to park my opinion here inb4HoT:

All condition builds – because “there is no condition limit now, btw I use tank gear, and I mouseclick, and I think Fury is a good movie”.

I foresee so much disgust for the future that I want to vomit presently

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

If you get ticked off by builds, don’t pug.

Don’t have to pug to find someone using off beat builds, Nyx’s post made that pretty evident, no? We’re just posting what we hate to see is all.

Sorry, i wasn’t aware of this being another “laugh at noobs and pat on our backs for being awesome” thread. Carry on.

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

I am in a huge guild an we had horrible 2 other players in CoE the other day; one was a non damage dealing mesmer who used portals during fights with the argument that those are fields (which they aren’t). Then the same guy came with a necro the next path doing no damage at all. The other player was a bearbow. Damage was so low we wiped a couple of times and the other guys told us we shouldn’t go zerker be cause we die too fast :-) I told them we are running this within a 1/3 of the time usually with zerker players and we don’t wipe.

One of those players had over 16k AP… which again tells us, doesn’t mean AP = experienced

But generally, I hate bearbows the most: it’s the epitome of cluelessnes and desinterest in the slightest. The sheer amount – the probability of meeting a ranger is about 70% being a bearbow – is just overwhelming!

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

(edited by ProtoGunner.4953)

Posted by: Tom Yzf.5872

Tom Yzf.5872

meta necro dagger. omg so boring to play.

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Dual mace warrior.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Posted by: Sera.6250

Sera.6250

i actually got someone who was playing a condi guard once

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

I actually like seeing another warrior in pugs (I’m generally running PS banner scrub because I find it fun and I’m too lazy to play Ele to might stack instead) since at least they are usually reasonably capable of not dying. I can’t stand to see the aforementioned staff Guardians or Rangers (although I’m generally pretty happy if I see spotter and melee range from the Ranger).

I generally don’t care excessively much unless the people are really bad, honestly. As much as I like getting the dungeons done quickly (and I run the meta builds on all of my characters) I just really can’t be assed too care as long as things go smoothly and reasonably fast.

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: J envy.5270

J envy.5270

1. Anyone not using full zerker or assassins gear.
2. Any necro for dungeons is a waste.
3. Longbow greatsword rangers who think GS/LB is used in all parts of the game and dont bring spotter and frost spirit, so pretty much useless and s stays ranged.
4. Warriors who dont bring battle standard, and dont bring BOTH banner of disc and str when they are the only warrior in the party, and no EA..sigh.
5. Seeing any staff guardians outside clearing plants inTA.
6. Thiefs that dont use S/P, or dont know how to use blinds and dont know tha they can remove defiance on demand so ele ice bow 5 can be used on the boss again.
7. Engineers who dont use rifle, and those who only know flamethrower auto atk.
8. People who cant read lfg notes and just joins.
9. S/D eles, or anything scepter who doesnt even use lightning hammer.
10. People who CC the boss for no apparent reason and give the boss defiance stacks before someone with an ice bow uses ice bow 5, and renders it useless.
11. People who dont know how other classes work but their own but thinks they know better without personally using other classes and their meta builds.
12. Any class using a shield in dungeons outside blasting pre fights.
13. Hammer Warriors
14. Guardians who put symbols on the ground, so ele firefields can’t be blasted, like seriously you can dps without putting those symbols down.
15. Any player who thinks of using a support build and/or use support gear, like clerics gear, thinking that this game needs a tank/dps/heals. JUST STOP, this game is all about DPS in dungeons.

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05
multi-class all game modes

(edited by J envy.5270)

Posted by: Erzian.5218

Erzian.5218

next level warrior build in lvl 40 fractals

Attachments:

Posted by: drowze.3709

drowze.3709

Hammer warrior, bearbow rangers and staff necros. Only because these are the most likely suspects to randomly use pushbacks/fear scattering mobs all over the place; not to mention managing defiance on bosses is impossible with this kind of heroes.

Posted by: zombyturtle.5980

zombyturtle.5980

Any ranger who uses Knockback, or any Guard who plays staff and/or lays symbols over my fire fields.

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

Honestly, Bearbow is the only thing that annoys me, and only then if the bear part gets in the way; usually when said ranger’s bear ends up tanking the Dredge fractal boss or Mai Trin, keeping us from dragging that boss to where we needed to go that I start thinking nasty thoughts about why would anyone bring that build.

Otherwise, the only negative feeling I get when I see some obviously-not-dungeon-meta-build is trepidation; I’m more worried that not running the meta build (or some not-to-distant deviation of it) translates to not knowing the mechanics/strategy of the dungeon path. You want to run a Turret Engi or a Cleric Guardian or P/P Thief or S/D Ele with no conjurations or Bearbow or Condi Necro or Hammer/Shield Warrior or Staff Mesmer or any other nutty build like that, that’s fine, but please know the path, or at least ask and listen if you don’t (and I am more than willing to try and explain what needs to be done). I can tolerate the fights taking extra time because you’re not running an optimal build, but I can not tolerate taking extra time because you don’t know what you are doing and you’re too haughty/kitten/whatever to pay attention when someone tells you what you need to do.

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Picking up deals 30% of your maximum health so it doesn’t matter that much who picks it.

A toon with 11k hp loses enough hp to be in a 1 shot range. A high hp or heavy armor target does not.

It’s about absorbing burst but that may not be obvious if you run with a guild who puts down blind fields or kills the things fast enough before anyone eats damage.

I’ll admit there are exceptions, like a necromancer who’s a terrible class for running hammer due to little stability or blinks and can’t even sue DS to absorb damage without dropping hammer.

But it’s really frustrating after you’ve used decoy or mass invis to run a hammer to drop the hammer and see the perfectly healthy warrior/guardian make the thief or ele pick a hammer up after that thief/ele has lost almost half their health from a single cultist melee swing.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

I doubt that. Perhaps 2 or 3 shot. Heavy armor reduces damage like 15% so instead of lasting 2-3 shots you last 2.35 – 3.5 shots.

Sure sure, I get this “elementalist so weak, warrior so strong” hate feels good. But truth is that without active defense you will get blown up and just because someone is a warrior doesn’t mean he is always the best person to run the hammer.

Zenith.7301

Ok, yeah, I said, elementalist so weak. Totally right there. Nevermind the original post referred to mesmer and the subsequent one said 11k hp without specifying ele or thief. But ok, be defensive if it suits you.

You might want to revise the part as well about not only taking 15% reduced damage but having 6k more native hp than the ele. Are we really going to get into this argument of which class can better absorb burst?

(edited by Zenith.7301)

Wethospu.6437

Heavy armor doesn’t give health.

Just fyi, you aren’t supposed to tank hits in this game.

Anyways on topic. Does a polar bear bow count as a bear bow?

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Hahaha hahaha…

No. Icebear is sacred.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

Picking up deals 30% of your maximum health so it doesn’t matter that much who picks it.

A toon with 11k hp loses enough hp to be in a 1 shot range. A high hp or heavy armor target does not.

It’s about absorbing burst but that may not be obvious if you run with a guild who puts down blind fields or kills the things fast enough before anyone eats damage.

I’ll admit there are exceptions, like a necromancer who’s a terrible class for running hammer due to little stability or blinks and can’t even sue DS to absorb damage without dropping hammer.

But it’s really frustrating after you’ve used decoy or mass invis to run a hammer to drop the hammer and see the perfectly healthy warrior/guardian make the thief or ele pick a hammer up after that thief/ele has lost almost half their health from a single cultist melee swing.

If I remember right, Guardians have the same base health as thieves/eles, so at high level fractals they probably shouldn’t be picking up the hammer either.

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

Guards can pretty safely take the hammer. Aegis, blinds, protection, can all be used while carrying the hammer.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Wethospu.6437

I’m pretty sure most professions can quite safely take the hammer if they have full health and utilities ready.

Iris Ng.9845

But if you mistime your utilities you will be two shot by the cultists’ burst. Let’s not bring skills on the table and focus the fact that warrior is the best to take the hammer without the need of defensive utilities at all. If they go down they can always use vengeance to get back to the stack. So convenient!

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

Zenith.7301

But if you mistime your utilities you will be two shot by the cultists’ burst. Let’s not bring skills on the table and focus the fact that warrior is the best to take the hammer without the need of defensive utilities at all. If they go down they can always use vengeance to get back to the stack. So convenient!

I don’t even know where he came up with the retort that heavy armor doesn’t give health. Warrior comes with a free 6k health advantage, why is that something to be flippant about.

It’s as simple as stating that there’s a lesser risk of one class dying if blind fields run out early or the mobs aren’t cleaved fast enough and an autoattack gets through on the squishier classes. But clearly it’s a warrior witch hunt. Nevermind that by this point most of us have all classes at 80 and have dumped bucketloads of gold on putting them in ascended and tailoring them with appropriate skins, clearly I just want to destroy my warrior alt alongside all other warriors by making the simple statement that if you are in a pug and make the more fragile classes take the hammer when you are at full health, people are going to be annoyed.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

Posted by: Xarel DeMon.6315

Xarel DeMon.6315

Probably an unpopular opinion, but i really do hate people going full zerk with no idea of how to dodge/block/survive.

Posted by: SlimGenre.6417

SlimGenre.6417

any class that drops any field in a boss fight other than a fire field.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I know, screw guardians who use correct dps rotations and Wall of Reflection, or mesmers who use feedback, and healing turret? screw you engi and your healing, I don’t need it! get off my might!

SlimGenre.6417

I know, screw guardians who use correct dps rotations and Wall of Reflection, or mesmers who use feedback, and healing turret? screw you engi and your healing, I don’t need it! get off my might!

exactly :p – seriously though, if feedback or water fields are used correctly, in most cases and most boss fights, they never need to be used at all, OR (like feedback) used at specific times. As far as “meta dps rotation” for guardian, I know the off-hand wep swap focus to torch rotation, and the retaliation field can easily be skipped on GS.

(edited by SlimGenre.6417)

Iris Ng.9845

Sometimes
They
Put
That
Light field
To
Cleanse your conditions.
Appreciate it!

SlimGenre.6417

yes, but
most of the time
they
put
that
light field
out
in the first 5 seconds of the fight
when stacking might
is the most important thing to be doing

Jerus.4350

And
Often
You’re
Pre
Stacking
Might
so
it
doesn’t
matter
:D

really, situations are different, depends on what you’re doing prestack→Burn, use that Mace2→GS rotation with light fields, if you’re stacking it on the boss, be aware of field usage.

SlimGenre.6417

so we’re both basically saying, “in dungeons pay attention to what’s going on.”
what a novel concept

Jerus.4350

what a novel concept

more like “blanket statements are silly when they’re only right half the time” but, yes

SlimGenre.6417

what a novel concept

more like “blanket statements are silly when they’re only right half the time” but, yes

i kinda thought that was the point of this whole thread

Iris Ng.9845

It asks for the hated builds, not the hated bads in your life.

Zenith.7301

Probably an unpopular opinion, but i really do hate people going full zerk with no idea of how to dodge/block/survive.

Hate to tell it to you, but it’s gonna suck regardless of what they run if they can’t dodge/block.

I was in a fractal where this warrior and mesmer were eating the ice elemental ice spikes on the dredge fractal, every single time. God bless their souls, for no amount of gear can compensate for being unable do deal with a massive telegraph with a massive delay.

As far as builds though, I hate mesmers who spec into inspiration and for some reason don’t even use focus offhand and barely use feedback, use phantasmal defenders on bosses that melee cleave one shot the kitten thing, and especially mesmer builds who insist one a double melee sword setup but then instead of being in melee they are sitting out waiting for phantasm cooldowns because it turns out they can neither melee or won’t use iduelists/izerkers in situations where the boss would otherwise cleave the melee range phantasms to death immediately.

Seriously, it won’t kill you to use a kitten iduelist on abominations and ettins.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

Posted by: Silvia.9130

Silvia.9130

Staff auto-attack-from-max-range mesmer <3

>>Lady Carlie Castle<
>>=<

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

- Any build that isn’t based on DPS. I cringe a little when I run with people who’re proud of how ‘tanky’ they are.

- Staff anything other than Ele. Utterly useless on Necro and Mesmer, only marginally necessary for Guardians in a handful of instances.

- Players with static, non-adaptive builds. We all know em – they use ranged weapons in stacks, never swap skills to provide useful support or make skipping easier. Infuriating.

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

I used to run a guardian build that had extended symbol duration, and about every 20th run in a pug somebody would complain about my light fields. I only see blasting of fire fields about every 10th run, meaning that half the people I used to annoy were too polite to say anything.

So, half the problem is guardians with symbols (I am better now, I swear), but the other half is not enough blasting of fire fields in general pugs.

Mind you, I’m happy with either field. If you lay down fire I will blast it for might, if you lay down light I will leap through it because light aura looks cool.

Posted by: Helequin.2608

Helequin.2608

Keeping in mind this is about Pugs and not organized runs:

One of my most hated builds are people who follow a meta (or any) build with a glass cannon setup, have no idea how to keep themselves alive and spend the dungeon on the floor. I have a full Cleric’s Necro (yeah it’s a kitten y build just for fun with friends) that is more useful than these players. Bonus points if the ever dead glass cannon is using a Legendary and then berates the team for “letting them die.”

Next is Spirit Rangers, excepting those who are actually skilled with them. In the chaos that can be a pug run, the Spirits die in seconds or the Ranger never has them near the fight at the right time. And the much hailed Frost Spirit isn’t very good when compared to just generating more might stacks. Frost Spirit is awesome when a team has might stacks near capped out, but in my experience this never happens in a pug. At that point, I’d rather the Ranger bring a fire trap for more blasts, more might and just altogether being more consistently useful than fiddling with their Spirits in a corner because it’s popular for organized runs.

But perhaps my single most hated build of any and all kinds isn’t about performing in the dungeon. It’s the player who walks in and berates everyone on the team for not using their own favoured setup on each class because clearly they know best. Sometimes they are actually a skilled player, sometimes they aren’t. But universally, these people cause more stress than any terrible build ever does and they never once look around them to see just how effective other viable approaches can be.

Posted by: Vorender.2187

Vorender.2187

3. Longbow greatsword rangers who think GS/LB is used in all parts of the game and dont bring spotter and frost spirit, so pretty much useless and s stays ranged.
4. Warriors who dont bring battle standard, and dont bring BOTH banner of disc and str when they are the only warrior in the party, and no EA..sigh.
6. Thiefs that dont use S/P, or dont know how to use blinds and dont know tha they can remove defiance on demand so ele ice bow 5 can be used on the boss again.
10. People who CC the boss for no apparent reason and give the boss defiance stacks before someone with an ice bow uses ice bow 5, and renders it useless.
11. People who dont know how other classes work but their own but thinks they know better without personally using other classes and their meta builds.
13. Hammer Warriors
14. Guardians who put symbols on the ground, so ele firefields can’t be blasted, like seriously you can dps without putting those symbols down.
15. Any player who thinks of using a support build and/or use support gear, like clerics gear, thinking that this game needs a tank/dps/heals. JUST STOP, this game is all about DPS in dungeons.

I weep for the future of the game if this thought process continues. I still hold hope that ANET realizes what is wrong with their game (as stated above) and is working on fixing it, starting with HoT.

(edited by Vorender.2187)

Posted by: Khasandara.4196

Khasandara.4196

13. Hammer Warriors

This kind of post makes me, somehow, sad. This shows me that some ppl (Not everyone) really doesnt know how to have fun. They “may” (Yet to be proven) know how to play but they dont know how to have some fun.

Aside, this post started as the most “hated build” and what you point in here are players. So, its pointless.

I guess that this kind of post defines a really strong line between the two types of players in this game:

A) Those who believe this and makes the game not fun but just a dps-stacking race and sometimes a burst of rage if any of this list is not followed by the book

B) Those who might, or not, believe this, but still can overcome any challenge with any group composition, having fun and not complaining about.

(edited by Khasandara.4196)

Jerus.4350

13. Hammer Warriors

This kind of post makes me, somehow, sad. This shows me that some ppl (Not everyone) really doesnt know how to have fun. They “may” (Yet to be proven) know how to play but they dont know how to have some fun.

Aside, this post started as the most “hated build” and what you point in here are players. So, its pointless.

I guess that this kind of post defines a really strong line between the two types of players in this game:

A) Those who believe this and makes the game not fun but just a dps-stacking race and sometimes a burst of rage if any of this list is not followed by the book

B) Those who might believe this, but still can overcome any challenge with any group composition, having fun and not complaining about.

And posts like this make me sad that some people can’t see the link between success and fun.

Khasandara.4196

13. Hammer Warriors

B) Those who might believe this, but still can overcome any challenge with any group composition, having fun and not complaining about.

And posts like this make me sad that some people can’t see the link between success and fun.

I guess, Jerus, that you didnt read this very well:

It means fun, of course, but also success.

Jerus.4350

Ohh I read that, but also

As if playing efficiently is somehow objectively unfun.

Personally most dungeons to me are only fun if I’m teaching someone, or if we’re pushing to do it as quickly and efficiently as possible, otherwise it’s just another run at the same thing doing the same stuff.

Khasandara.4196

Ohh I read that, but also

As if playing efficiently is somehow objectively unfun.

Personally most dungeons to me are only fun if I’m teaching someone, or if we’re pushing to do it as quickly and efficiently as possible, otherwise it’s just another run at the same thing doing the same stuff.

I “think” (Not sacarms) that I understand your point, still, I think that you didnt catch the part of the “and sometimes a burst of rage if any of this list is not followed by the book”.

I can understand that you want to run any dungeon in the most effcient way possible,
but I still feel that its totally unnecessary the Burst of rage for not following things by the book.

At the moment that anyone (You, me, or any other player) falls into rage bursts, they totally forgot about how to have fun.

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

/facepalm

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss