Your best LFG reads and puglife stories

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

500g armor and no runes probably meant he just pasted the codes and wasn’t running the real armor. No shame kicking losers like that probably trying to lie to you.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Posted by: Harny.6012

Harny.6012

First of, I don’t see where my math failed

I had a short post prepared for you yesterday but I deleted it. I was afraid it might sound rude although it wasnt meant that way.
Pity

Posted by: klemen.8439

klemen.8439

First of, I don’t see where my math failed

I had a short post prepared for you yesterday but I deleted it. I was afraid it might sound rude although it wasnt meant that way.
Pity

I’ll admit that I was mistaken with the math, sorry about that … Never was my fav. class, although the percentages are right and you can double check.

As you can see someone pointed that mistake out and I got no problem admitting to being wrong.

Next time just say where I made a mistake cos I truly didn’t see the mistake :p

Old Piken Square WvW Vet

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

The first is a compilation of some lfgs I’ve seen in past few days.

The 2nd is a screenie from coe p2 last alpha fight earlier today, I knew it was a noob run so I didn’t expect anything amazing. All fights were rez fest but when we managed to get to the last fight, 3 people died at the very start including this P/P thief (red chat). I don’t mind running dugeons with new players from time to time but I am allergic to people that are useless and still complain.

Attachments:

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

Posted by: Raven.3248

Raven.3248

Talk about being cheap

Attachments:

Just another Arah veteran

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

I had a couple of feel-good CM runs involving pugs with a non-80 player yesterday. One was a P3 with a level 59 who admitted this was only their 3rd day of owning the game, the other was p2 with someone right at the minimum level for CM explorable, and both had less than 600 (yes, that’s six hundred, there isn’t a missing zero) AP to their name.

…and they both did fairly well. The listened to advice, they stacked when they were asked and didn’t do anything dumb (and if they did, they only did it once) The P3 was never left behind on the stealth skipping and the P2 sub-80 only had one stupid death to his name (moving in front of bandit riflemen)… What really made this noticeable was that there was one other pugger who did worse than they did despite being at cap. In P3, it was a Thief who did not seem to know what the words “Shadow Refuge” meant and would never stack; it got so bad we kicked and 4-manned the rest of the path, blasting the Engineer’s Smoke bombs to stealth past the mobs. in P2, the low man was a Ranger, and while he was nowhere as bad at the thief, he was the only one to die in the spike floor room, messed up the bomb portion on the first attempt (though I was polite enough not to point it out ) and other little things that just seemed to stand out when there was a non-80 doing well to compare to.

(edited by Foefaller.1082)

Posted by: Rainmaker.7594

Rainmaker.7594

Last week, I was about to start, for the first time, banning a profession from my runs. Between wanting to exploit Lupi (despite my lfg discription), and the constant throwing light fields on me, I was getting real fed up with guardians. 3 days ago, I had a guard join my Arah p3 party (we were waiting at mage crusher). He was obviously not at all experienced (which I’m ok with, just at least try to follow directions) and failed the skip after Hunter/Crusher. I went back to stealth him through. What happens: light field just before my smoke bomb goes off, so we get retal stacks instead of stealth. I tell him no light field and that he now has to wait 30 sec for my cooldowns. I go to blast stealth again, and sure enough another light field. I was ready this time though and delayed timed party of my blasting. I tell him once again “no light field” just before blasting my stealth before his skill is off cooldown.
The next day however, my faith in guards was restored. I had 3 guards join my run (Arah p1, I think). Once I saw that, I negative thoughts about how the run would go immediately filled my head. Everything was going smoothly, light fields were mostly kept off me, reflects were used properly, etc. However, when we got to Lupi, I just couldn’t help but think at least one of them would attempt to WoRsploit, so I made sure to get in first. They were ready before Lupi got to his feet though. I was pleasantly surprised that the fight went well and they respected my post by keeping Lupi off the wall. I let them know at the end of the path that they restored my faith in guards.

Next time I got on… I was fooled by a ranger. While waiting on the party (arah p2), they were discussing (necro and ranger) weather each though their class was good. I made a comment “you’re not running bearbow, so thats a good sign” (he had a sword and drake pet). He asked what was a bearbow. I explained and some reason why they aren’t liked in most parties. When we get to abom… the first thing I notice – a bear. I turn around, and sure enough, he has a bow out too. You can guess how the rest of the path went (post was “p2, no exploits, melee lupi off wall”), but I’ll say this, most of the party was ranging lupi.

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

You are lucky. If that ranger camps greatsword at Lupi, you will die.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: Skoigoth.9238

Skoigoth.9238

1. Great CoF lfg I found yesterday. Sadly he/she apparently didn´t find anyone matching the requirements for at least 45 min. =(

2. Somehow, these guys (green & red) made me giggle #justfrenchthings

Attachments:

Posted by: TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275

TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275

I solo my way as far as possible in CoE p3, then post it as: exp, lvl 80 only, no stacking/LoS bosses. I don’t stack on the second subject Alpha, watching as they all stack. So I ask them why they stack, and they reply: more healing, and more DPS. So I post that all the world records don’t stack, and end up get kicked…….. even after I said I was the instance owner…

Necro>warrior confirmed ty nemesis for single handedly saving the gw2 community!!

/s

Posted by: Nia.3964

Nia.3964

Today I read this in the lfg:
(well, can’t link image, see attachment)

I joined because I smelled a chance to play my heal guardian! But it turned out they were just playing berseker. Though I was disappointed, it became one of the fastest and most fun Arah runs I had. If you guys read this, Thanks for much fun!

Attachments:

Posted by: Angie.1503

Angie.1503

Today I read this in the lfg:
(well, can’t link image, see attachment)

I joined because I smelled a chance to play my heal guardian! But it turned out they were just playing berseker. Though I was disappointed, it became one of the fastest and most fun Arah runs I had. If you guys read this, Thanks for much fun!

I wanted to play my Nomad’s Warrior! But Pixie didn’t let me! It turned out to be a really fun and nice run, thanks for joining us

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Apparently ranging dredge carrier is efficient. Plus stacking behind corner of course. Also no stealth or might stacking.

But hey no worries, at least it’s “efficient”.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

1. Great CoF lfg I found yesterday. Sadly he/she apparently didn´t find anyone matching the requirements for at least 45 min. =(

That second one had me on the floor.

Posted by: SlimGenre.6417

SlimGenre.6417

I always find it funny when I’m in the general lfg tab looking for a SW map or Teql something to join and I just see, “p1,” and I know there’s this one lonely dude sitting there thinking, “why come no one joins my dungeon group?”

Posted by: Lorgus.6148

Lorgus.6148

Apparently ranging dredge carrier is efficient. Plus stacking behind corner of course. Also no stealth or might stacking.

But hey no worries, at least it’s “efficient”.

inb4 a bunch of people jump in to argue over the definition of “efficient” and how it does or does not apply here.

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Attachments:

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

Posted by: Nyx.7342

Nyx.7342

Two days ago i was in a 50. Third fractal is cliffside, and it goes pretty well up till the final boss. Someone leaves at 50% after saying their internet is bad, at 0% two others die and its just me and a war. Having the foresight to take pistol offhand on swap i los mobs, drop black powder and tell the warrior to pick up the hammer…We pull and kill mobs running around the torch thing trying not to die and everytime he picks up the hammer he drops it and then proceeds to kill chanters with his gs. I try to pick up the hammer but without smoke field he dies…. Boss rez to 100% and he leaves. Never have i been so kittened at a pug

Posted by: Enaretos.8079

Enaretos.8079

Shameless plug because this topic is starting to awfully look like our good old “Funniest Player Fails Thread”.

Here are some old archives, feast upon old posts by your fav community veterans/enjoy our good stories

http://www.mediafire.com/download/069y9s0t5imvas0/For+Great+Justice.rar

Snow Crows member since January 2014
My Twitch

Posted by: Prototypemind.4026

Prototypemind.4026

I typed a great story, but somehow the forums decided I wasn’t logged in anymore so it’s the short version now. 3 wars, 1 guardian, myself on my warrior. No one else pops support of any kind, elites somehow take precedence before the flame turrets. On Slave Driver yet again no one else supports, no one dodges, uses heals, etc. Ugliest group I’ve yet to see.

Advertisement: “P1, 80s only, EXP”. Sad. I usually avoid said groups.

Posted by: Skoigoth.9238

Skoigoth.9238

1.) I was PUGing TA fw yesterday and there was this warrior… +21k AP, didn´t manage to do A SINGLE skip without dying, not even with serious handholding by our thief, let alone on her own. She just kept running straight through blossoms and mobs, auto-attacking and spinning like a champ. Took us +30 min. to complete the path, but it was ridiculously funny.
Think about that next time you are about to put your “20k AP exp zerker” – lfg up =P

2.) I R CONFUSE!!!11

3.) PUG fun in bugged CoF p1 and droppin my mad dungeon sub-forum knowledge saving the day <3

Attachments:

Posted by: NumenorLord.6539

NumenorLord.6539

CoE Path 2, party asks for 5k AP but one member has 3k… Ok no biggie. Dungeons goes as usual on a pug with slow kills, only me running full zerker is my guess. At green lab a thief runs around killing the golems with shortbow and at some point other party member suggests that only 1 person should lure the golems… Deep breath we’re almost there! (In Agent Spire’s voice).

Final Subject Alpha, they manage to die 3 times, I stand alone at the end, get inside the prison crystal, we wipe. 4th attempt, I rush to attack, they die again and say it’s because I attacked too soon, voted to to kick me, 3 of them members from the same guild in Yak’s Bend. My satisfaction is that, after blocking them, I see it takes them 20 minutes to complete the dungeon (if they didn’t drop). People ask why there is elitism in this game well, this is why.

#puglife

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Not to mention that 7-8/10 times people who join are fully ascended which is individually 7.48% damage boost but in a party full of ascendeds, that’s 37.4% damage boost which is always welcome!

this isnt how 2 math..

Math is hard.

Source: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Rampager-build-looks-promising-in-PVE-now

(Don’t miss Murderous Clown’s amazing story as you enjoy that thread)

(edited by dlonie.6547)

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

wow that guy

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Nyx.7342

Nyx.7342

@dlonie
That thread was gold

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

@dlonie
That thread was gold

Posted by: Lorgus.6148

Lorgus.6148

Not to mention that 7-8/10 times people who join are fully ascended which is individually 7.48% damage boost but in a party full of ascendeds, that’s 37.4% damage boost which is always welcome!

this isnt how 2 math..

Math is hard.

Source: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Rampager-build-looks-promising-in-PVE-now

(Don’t miss Murderous Clown’s amazing story as you enjoy that thread)

Sometimes I think that any new purchase of gw2 should require a skill-testing question, much like many lottery tickets…

Posted by: Harny.6012

Harny.6012

I understand and support that guy from your first catch :p

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

>tells a warrior that if I see him with a rifle again I’ll kick him
> he uses rifle again
> I kick him
> He spent 30 minutes spamming me “kitten” along with other insults having me blocked
>he reported me for “lfg abuse”

lel

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Posted by: Pandemonium.6453

Pandemonium.6453

Selling Arah runs always crack me up

Posted by: ThyShadowPaladin.9521

ThyShadowPaladin.9521

Had a PS EA warrior camp Longbow the whole run… even when we were stacking for trash mobs… I called him out on how bad his build was and that he should be on GS for DPS since it had higher damage contribution(The team agreed w/ me ofc).. We fought the whole run, which ended up with the team kicking him. He then started a PM war.. something about “My 5 man WvW team will cream your team” even though I told him I don’t even have a core WvW team.. and I was confused as to how this transitioned to WvW when we were obviously talking about Fractal builds..
He then challenged me to 1v1 him, saying that he’d own me and that I wouldn’t be a challenge.. of which I accepted(I told him I’d use my fractal build to 1v1 him), so I temporarily left the team during stage 3 (Reactor fractal, I had faith that the team I was with could 3-man it anyway during my absence)
The fight was one sided. He didn’t even take me down below 90% hp when I downed him and finished him.
I immediately rejoined my team in reactor, and the PM war ensued. The end.

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

Got served by a greatsword mesmer in zerk only CM.

‘If you knew anything about mesmer you would know that GS is good for certain situations’

I guess all of CM was a good situation for this. >_>

Posted by: EcoRI.9273

EcoRI.9273

So last night, I was pugging with 2 of my guildies, with an ad that said “dungeon tour, zerkers only.” So this Necro joined and my first thought was “oh great this is going to be interesting” in a bad way. Well needless to say I was completely wrong! This Necro knew his kitten and we were thoroughly impressed. The guardian for our group deee-_-rped in arah and kept getting revealed but I managed to restealth him in arah p1 and things went ok. We were blazing through the tour pretty quick, 10/10 good pug experience.

http://www.twitch.tv/eco_r_i
Wynd Cloud | Fierce N Licious

Posted by: Khasandara.4196

Khasandara.4196

I saw this like 3 weeks ago, It was quite funny to read at the moment. Since that moment we usually ask for things such as “Bring Penguins” or “Use food lvl 5 or be kicked”

Attachments:

Posted by: Henry.5713

Henry.5713

Have you ever asked to see a party leader’s gear in return for pinging your own gear?

You’ll get the best excuses.

Posted by: Ezkiel.7059

Ezkiel.7059

Meh from rather fun thread in start ending was rather disappointing with more complaints and ppl being kittens then actual funny stuff to read XD

Posted by: Chris McSwag.4683

Chris McSwag.4683

lvl 20 necro with <100 AP joining LFG for fractal lvl 20

And no, he did not have any other char

[eS] Ethereal Synergy
DPS Benchmarks, Raids, Low-mans etc.

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Had a PS EA warrior camp Longbow the whole run… even when we were stacking for trash mobs…

Was doing AC story with my staff ele so things were dying fast and someone noted it party chat. The only other lvl 80 in party responded with what’s on screenie. His secondary was lb and I must add he did try to go for killshot on every boss. double range the new warrior meta!

Attachments:

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

Posted by: Tom Yzf.5872

Tom Yzf.5872

Meh from rather fun thread in start ending was rather disappointing with more complaints and ppl being kittens then actual funny stuff to read XD

I dunno… I thought it was pretty funny how certain forum-champion complain about pugs leaving their party when said forum-champion exploits a boss, only to turn it around and complain about a different pug exploiting the same boss weeks later.

topkek

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

I dunno… I thought it was pretty funny how certain forum-champion complain about pugs leaving their party when said forum-champion exploits a boss, only to turn it around and complain about a different pug exploiting the same boss weeks later.

topkek

I need more info :O

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

‘If you knew anything about mesmer you would know that GS is good for certain situations’

that’s what all GS mesmers use as their excuse

“GS is good for certain situations”

well please name these situations

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

roleplaying

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Posted by: Laulajatar.4253

Laulajatar.4253

roleplaying

Ranging the SE 3 cart

This is no signature.
Cloud of Sparrows [CoS]

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Today I was playing arah p1 with my brother and some pugs. It was pretty epic. We wiped on Lupicus like 5 times until they wanted a guard to 1 shot it. Two of those wipes happened when Lupicus had less than 10k health. We also wiped on Jotun and half of the team died every skip even though I tried to stealth them. They got constantly revealed for unknown reasons.

Anyways one left and we got a guard for oneshot (I objected). It didn’t go very well and Lupicus lost only like 25% health so it was good that I had used Smoke Screen.

But was fun!

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Attachments:

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

Guys, on your LFG for high level fractals, do you ask for meta builds? I had an horrible experience at lv 49: very bad dps, a necro using signet of the locust the whole run…

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Guys, on your LFG for high level fractals, do you ask for meta builds? I had an horrible experience at lv 49: very bad dps, a necro using signet of the locust the whole run…

i dont and i get bad players / noobs maybe 1/2 the time. i try to make amusing lfgs when i recruit pugs, pretty good success rate. but its definitely better to find a guild or something more reliable than pugging, unless you wanna challenge yourself to carry bads.

low levels are a complete crapshoot, id say 10% chance of your group not needing you to carry their suck.

i dont start lfgs much any more because 2 ranger + mesmer + x + 0 guard + me (engi) parties scare me too much. ill join on a party with a guard already instead and thats always been something i can carry if i have to, and even parties with supermetaaaaa lfgs are ok with it.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

If I have to resort to pugging I always put: path x, meta builds, link gear on join. If they fail to meet my requirements and use some random runes/sigils or some snowflake build I just boot them and wait to find people who understand what the LFG post says.

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

I have just had (is that sentence correct?) the most fun yolo experience on a Pug.

I joined a zerker LFG for TA up. We waited like 2-3 min and decided to get started. Both as zerker eles. We ran half the path before the group was full. Not a single down and things were melting. Very very fun.

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

Posted by: cryokro.6270

cryokro.6270

I got a 3 pug stories:

first 1

Running a level 49 fractal, 3rd fractal we get grawl boss. Failed the first time saving the prisoners, on our second attempt we have 1 left and we still need to throw 4 rocks.
Since the grawl is next to the last prisoner I jump in the lava (we would have wiped anyways). I get kicked out even when i was the only 1 (trying to) CC the grawls.

Joined another party and we ran the same first 2 fractals atleast 15-20min faster than with my previous party

2nd:

I was doing yet another fractal. For the last spot we get a 2nd engineer. During swamp i notice that he only auto attacks. As 2nd fractal we get cliffside. Again the engi didnt nothing but auto attacking with pistol/shield.

When i ask him to get a real build and do something else than AA he ignores me. After being fed up with him, i start a vote to kick him. Something I don’t do unless they dont have the required AR.

My party refuses and treatens to kick me instead. So i decided to just autoattack for the rest of the run. After the run the other engi tells me that exilir build is good for fractals. Note we had 1 mesmer and 1 other engi so his bleeding for AA pistol didnt do a thing.

3rd:

Today i see a recruitment for fractal saying: 1 warrior/guard

Party got 2 warriors and 1 guard already. When i join them they say: Grab warrior or kick, I asked why? Was told that engi didn’t had dps, Clearly someone that got no clue how engi works