Minigrump.4961

I am amazed at this

Attachments:

Your best LFG reads and puglife stories

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

Adds Tormented Sylvari to friendslist

How long did that guy try to sell p1@tar? I’d love to get 2g for just soloing the Ancient Ooze xD

I don’t know, I swapped chars and did a fractal. Btw, it’s Tormented SLY vari tyvm. But it’s being rerolled to a norn, so the play on words doesn’t work anymore.
You can also just add my account name if you’d like.

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Bahaha, I see now, sly — I didn’t pick up on that. Nice pun.

+1 for leaving when that nonsense came up

Posted by: Mourningcry.9428

Mourningcry.9428

First for me… Started a LFG for COE, “All paths. Experienced please.” – the second part added mainly because I didn’t feel like risking having to guide someone just then.

Player joins, edits the LFG adding “Zerks only”.

What can ya do…..

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

that ive actually had happen. Had to kindly remind person that they can make their own group. to which they apologised and left. oly happened once though

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

Why is it, when I ask for experienced I get people who have never run a path before in their life? Then when I open a group and say “Teaching, Open to anyone but be nice” I get someone who wants to pop in and take over the group and speed through it like its some kinda speed run?

I am all in favor of people being able to run the kinda builds they want as long as the other 4 members of the group are in agreement. But I am not going to take a brand new friend who has no idea how to play the game through in a zerker only exp group, its going to be bad forever everyone involved.

On a side note: Why am I cursed with bad internet right now and I am forced to spend time reading the forums due to lag when I would rather be playing…rant over, at least that made me feel better.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Why is it, when I ask for experienced I get people who have never run a path before in their life? Then when I open a group and say “Teaching, Open to anyone but be nice” I get someone who wants to pop in and take over the group and speed through it like its some kinda speed run?

I am all in favor of people being able to run the kinda builds they want as long as the other 4 members of the group are in agreement. But I am not going to take a brand new friend who has no idea how to play the game through in a zerker only exp group, its going to be bad forever everyone involved.

On a side note: Why am I cursed with bad internet right now and I am forced to spend time reading the forums due to lag when I would rather be playing…rant over, at least that made me feel better.

Because reading is an exploit.
Because a good internet connection is an exploit, too.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Question open to everyone: how do you stand pugging for long periods of time?

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Pretty simple, in order to pug for long periods of time you need to lose your sanity first. Once that’s done, you can go on.

Posted by: Bohantopa.5729

Bohantopa.5729

I got a Sandbag, I hit it … a lot. Got to get a new one soon.

Talyn.3295

I got an Amazing friend who loves to do dungeons. Sadly we don’t have a full five man team for doing them anymore. Oddly i find it easier to low man arah then I do most of the lower level dungeons. When this friend is on, I try to bite my tongue and do them because she enjoys them, pugs or no. Otherwise, I don’t think I could keep going anymore with it anymore.

NovaanVerdiano.6174

I got an Amazing friend who loves to do dungeons. Sadly we don’t have a full five man team for doing them anymore. Oddly i find it easier to low man arah then I do most of the lower level dungeons. When this friend is on, I try to bite my tongue and do them because she enjoys them, pugs or no. Otherwise, I don’t think I could keep going anymore with it anymore.

This sounds strangely familiar.

SlyDevil.3952

Because pugs do they funny kitten. Like asking for meta elitists, asking me to ping my necros gear, then never using food/utility until someone sends them a potion to make a wall on wall lupi easier, and they went down on the first attempt, all of them, before phase 1 finished I had to res them all, while dodging kicks, and they give me the excuse, I was ressing so I got kicked.

deSade.9437

/writes down dutifully

So basically you need to go insane (I already am but I can’t stand more than ONE pug in my team? hmmm), buy a sandbag, no, buy two sandbags, and have amazing friends.

Conclusions: full pugging for long periods of times is like exposing oneself to the elephant foot.

Talyn.3295

/writes down dutifully

So basically you need to go insane (I already am but I can’t stand more than ONE pug in my team? hmmm), buy a sandbag, no, buy two sandbags, and have amazing friends.

Conclusions: full pugging for long periods of times is like exposing oneself to the elephant foot.

Even I am raging due to the two staff guardians (my biggest pet peeve) who we picked up as pugs. My friend still manages to get me laughing on TS or Skype or what not. It’s good to have friends.

It’s probably the only reason I still log in to this game.

P.S. It’s not fair that friends can make me happy when I just want to sulk.

(edited by Talyn.3295)

deSade.9437

/writes down dutifully

Even I am raging due to the two staff guardians (my biggest pet peeve) who we picked up as pugs. My friend still manages to get me laughing on TS or Skype or what not. It’s good to have friends.

It’s probably the only reason I still log in to this game.

P.S. It’s not fair that friends can make me happy when I just want to sulk.

:3 I know, sometimes it’s cool to sulk, for we like the holes and caves we know – even when they’re suffocating… but you got plenty of time for that, gotta do something else when around frands!
Frands are awesome. As weird as it may be, they don’t take up room in your heart but they make it grow bigger. At least it feels like it.

Posted by: IrisTheCasual.3742

IrisTheCasual.3742

It gives me the motivation to learn how to solo/duo/trio the encounter, or at least, how to bail before it gets hairy.

Solo Bloomhunger: check
Solo Champ ettin and Flame Shaman: check
Solo Svanir boss: check
Solo Mai Trin: check
Solo Hammer seals: check
Solo all sorts of trap/puzzle/shenanigan: check

I think a friend once told me that: If I’m a good player, I should be able to carry any sorts of pug. If I’m not that good, then there is no point complaining about others playing poorly. So my bad pug experience comes down to engaging some shockingly rude pug or downright (and mathematically) idiotic tryhards.

(edited by IrisTheCasual.3742)

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Ended up joining them, was actually fun even though it was super silly. lol

Attachments:

Posted by: Corran.4957

Corran.4957

My answer is simple. I have no choice!

I run 50 + 40 Fractal daily (sometimes i wont do the 40). Got myself from 39 to 48 in past week doing that (done a couple runs with no daily just to bump it a little more). Prior to this though I would just do 39 daily.

I run 29 Fractal daily with a friend. She trying to learn the fractals after not doing them for a very long time and had 20/25 AR + 20 personal lvl. Figured we kill 2 birds with 1 stone and give me a slightly better loot chance whilst still teaching her the key points of each one. Has been going very well for the 6days that this been going along and she developing her knowledge well

Problem is I am in a WvW guild. Most don;t like PvE at all and we actually avoid going into keeps and killing lords/guards etc because don’t find that fun. (We are not a GvG guild, but we only look for fights and do skrim with enemy guilds)

So that means the only way to be able to do fractals is to PuG, all day, every day. Sometimes it is really really hard work, and often the lvl 29/40 will take longer than the 50. Thank god I always was addicted to portals for helping speed things up, and know to spec as a reflect machine for Grawl Shaman which actually makes most pug groups painless even if they do drag on awhile. . .
For the lvl 29 I mostly open it myself and LFG list with no requirements, 2 more days and I can do the same on a 50 but I am worried about how that will work out

edit:
I joined a lvl 19 one today as well. Was 1 spot left. “2nd fractal. No idiots, we got enough of them”.
When I joined it was cliffside and someone had killed both sides of the chest seals so they had to deal with full spawns. Then I noticed it was 4 members of the same guild. Seems that someone had said they knew what to do, but then was doing everything wrong (actually apparently it was 2 of them judging by the pm’s one member sent me not wanting rest to see ).
We actually managed to clear the section in about 90seconds with my using Mimic Portals, and got a big thank you for helping them out as they thought they were going to have to just quit out. That was a happy moment, getting praise from a random guild group, when a lot of people I speak to would instead been fearing a kick as they were with a bunch of people that are friends and are the odd one out

(edited by Corran.4957)

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

Apparently you now need Ascended armor to pug Arah.

Attachments:

(edited by bladex.9502)

Posted by: Kitten.2074

Kitten.2074

I have no expectations. Go in with the mindset that everything will go to hell, so when it does (and it will at some point) you don’t have to stress about it.

My answer is simple. I have no choice!

Try adding the good ones. They show up from time to time and like you they would much rather not PuG. :P
It makes it much easier.

Posted by: HwaRyun.1807

HwaRyun.1807

I don’t pug very often at all now since i have a settled fractal group who i run 20/30/40/50 with every day, but before then fractals could be pretty hard to pug successfully. The higher levels are mostly fine, but when you go <40 it’s just a nightmare trying to get people who either know what to do, or who aren’t complete kittens.

As for dungeons, i’ll never understand people who whine about the zerker meta being toxic when they pug, or people who constantly get terrible pugs in their group. Sure both happen, but i honestly don’t encounter it as often as people here or in-game would make you believe that it occurs. Generally picking which group to join based on the description works fine for me mostly, but maybe i’ve just been relatively lucky with dungeon pugs, for the most part at least.

Funnily enough, the worst type of groups to join for me tend to be other guilds groups. Guild groups are where you can often find concentrated levels of the same kind stupid in the entire party, since they all play the same way, and have the same bad habits as one another. Also they tend to hive m ind on people who try to offer advice, and get all aggro and kick. Being the one person in a group of four guildies has been terrible more often than normal pugging for me.

I guess some people have no choice but to pug though, which is a shame.

deSade.9437

I see pugging makes you want to vent a lot

/puts on glasses

Hmmm. This makes me wonder… how hard is it to settle on a guild for the average guy in gw2? I remember (I don’t really want to but m ybrain stores everything bad :/) my times about 2 years ago when everyone had quit and I was on my own for almost a year, trying to scramble and get by, putting up lfg in the guild section of this forum, joining… what? like 10 guilds in a few months… they were all too casual, simply too many scrublords OR a good team of guild people and the others being left to rot.. there was no right guild for me. There still isn’t, but I learnt I can’t be in one. I can’t be a lonewolf either, it isn’t me, so… Using the friendlist is my saving grace. Yay forums!

Why don’t you join dungeon guilds or abuse these forums. Is it easier? more convenient? do your feet smell bad?

Posted by: Delmain.5167

Delmain.5167

By not joining the first pug I see. Forming my own with a “requirement so impossible it has to be a joke” or with lyrics replaced with what paths I want to do.

Oh, and I judge negatively people with insanely high AP (too many times they caused the problems).

SlyDevil.3952

Why don’t you join dungeon guilds or abuse these forums. Is it easier? more convenient? do your feet smell bad?

How did you know my feet smell bad??? Could be because I wear shoes for 10+ hours at work….

Mainly because my current guild has an excellent sense of humour. Though with the update to guilds chat I will probably reapp to a speedclear guild.

HwaRyun.1807

Ugh, guilds are one thing that really bug me about the game right now. I recently left my guild because the activity levels dropped, and it became really hard to find people to do things with. I have my friends list and my regular fractal group, but there are time when they aren’t around, and i’d like to do things with guildies. But finding one that isn’t super casual, and wants to run things in a fun and efficient way is really difficult.

It seems like the two types of guild on offer are either your casual as hell guilds, or the really hardcore speedrunners who are posting world records and demanding that applicants run a series of trials to gain entry. I’m not bad at the game, but i’m not convinced i’d do well enough in a trial to get into one of the fun looking guilds after seeing all their videos, yet it seems difficult to get up to that level when i can’t play with better players. It’s a bit of a vicious cycle at times.

Posted by: Jockum.1385

Jockum.1385

Bring patience.
I’m not a perfectionist and usually I don’t care too much about a run taking a few minutes longer, als long as its no desaster. There are way better players being patient with me, so I have to be patient to worse players, right?
(ofc I’m not always patient, sometimes in a bad mood.)

Random players do random stuff. If you’re seeking for variety: PUGs help you out.
Even bad experiences can be fun after some time.
In one of the last GW1 missions was a warrior rushing through the enemies and aggroing a second group nearly causing us to whipe. Several times. I was a monk and he flamed me for not healing him. To make sure I can’t reach him he even used a speedbuff.
Remembering this guy makes me smile. Good times. When it happend I was angry and it was pretty challenging to fight two groups at once with a guy missing, being in there for the first time, etc. We decided to let him lie dead on the ground and go on with 7 players. But now its funny. Like the leeroy jenkins video.
On the other hand you get the chance to meet nice people. Or good players. Or both.

Some PUGs are also very thankful when you helped them.
It’s, at least for me, a rewarding feeling to know I helped some players out. More rewarding than gold and tokens.

deSade.9437

It seems like the two types of guild on offer are either your casual as hell guilds, or the really hardcore speedrunners who are posting world records and demanding that applicants run a series of trials to gain entry. I’m not bad at the game, but i’m not convinced i’d do well enough in a trial to get into one of the fun looking guilds after seeing all their videos, yet it seems difficult to get up to that level when i can’t play with better players. It’s a bit of a vicious cycle at times.

Pretty much my situation… I mean, what used to be my situation. Then I figured the guild I want doesn’t exist.

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

Well, here goes, the collection of bizarre LFG’s I’ve seen over the years. I wonder how many attachments I am allowed?

HwaRyun.1807

Pretty much my situation… I mean, what used to be my situation. Then I figured the guild I want doesn’t exist.

You know, i’ve lurked here for a long time without posting, and i always just assumed you were part of the speedrun clique xD

But i know your struggle with regards to finding a good guild that caters to your needs. There’s doesn’t really seem to be a guild that mainly focuses on fractals that isn’t 100% super hardcore with crazy trials, and that’s frustrating for me.

Posted by: IrisTheCasual.3742

IrisTheCasual.3742

My current guild does weekly mission, PvP and is very lively on guild chat. People I’m learning things from aren’t from any fixed dungeon guilds, so there isn’t a real need to join one either.

And deSade? He’s just a wallflower /sip tea.

deSade.9437

What are you, then? the girl serving the punch?

You know, i’ve lurked here for a long time without posting, and i always just assumed you were part of the speedrun clique xD

I use my fl, which happens to be filled with people from various guilds. Not sure why they want to play with me, but they do. I suppose I will have to settle somewhere eventually, but… /shrug
I’m kinda content with my contacts and friends…. ofc always willing to add more. I hate most people, but I like frands

Talyn.3295

I’m kinda content with my contacts and friends…. ofc always willing to add more. I hate most people, but I like frands

You sound like me now.

Posted by: shakome.7458

shakome.7458

i used to have a group of friends that do dungeon/fractal, and we do them every night for almost a year. And then real life happened so that now there are only myself and another guy that are able to play for any length of time. We love to have a full group to do all dungeons/fractals, but most of the time we have to duo everything. The reason is not because we’re good player or anything, but because my friend have an average of 5k ping and so all of his action or reaction are 2sec or more delayed. There is no way for him to get better internet, and so we have to choose between getting a group and run a risk of having them kicked my friend, or just suck it up and duo what we could. After doing close to 500 pug groups, my friend only got kicked 3 times, and that was because he couldn’t come back in time before the game kicked him from the group. So to me, pugging is not bad as long as you don’t joined group that asked for speed run, because there is nothing speed about doing dungeon with constant 5k ping.
BTW, at this point i lost my train of thought and kinda just rambling on and on. But what i wanted to said was pugging is not the end of the world as we know it.

deSade.9437

You sound like me now.

Y u US of A? you’re cute enough to be frand, but I dunno if you’re sexy enough. Guess we’ll never know :/

It’s good to hear pugs experiences aren’t ALL that bad… at least puggies can make for good laughs, from time to time..
If you got no problems with blood pressure as I do :/

I was checking the lfg for funsies and it really does look like puggies are sometimes strict :/
Hey, I wonder why they’re looking for a guard at lupi!!! Weird, dontcha think O.o

P.S. Someone shud explain to him that the “F” in “LF” stands for… for.

http://imgur.com/a/rg2ex

HwaRyun.1807

I’ve accidentally stumbled across a foolproof way to find excellent pugs for fractals!

That’s four times now where i’ve wrote some variation of “Looking for a kittening terrible ranger. Seriously, if you’re not kittening dreadful you WILL be kicked”, and i’ve ended up with people who came in who found the message funny, and asked if they could play their main class instead, which was never ranger. And every single one of them were good players, and fun people.

Finally! A use for rangers!

Talyn.3295

You sound like me now.

Y u US of A? you’re cute enough to be frand, but I dunno if you’re sexy enough. Guess we’ll never know :/

It’s good to hear pugs experiences aren’t ALL that bad… at least puggies can make for good laughs, from time to time..
If you got no problems with blood pressure as I do :/

I was checking the lfg for funsies and it really does look like puggies are sometimes strict :/
Hey, I wonder why they’re looking for a guard at lupi!!! Weird, dontcha think O.o

P.S. Someone shud explain to him that the “F” in “LF” stands for… for.

http://imgur.com/a/rg2ex

Guess not kicks small pebble kitten regions.

I think my Ele is sexy enough. Mah guard, probably not.

I think they need the guard for stability, in case someone misses a dodge the grub won’t knock them down and Lupi steps on them. Ish a good plan, look at how big his feet is.

Pugging is hard. I think we all know that. Sometimes we meet some gems that get added to our friends list. Other times, its the block list we end up putting them on. Thankfully I have had very few people I have actually had to block outside of gold sellers.

Some of the best people on my friends list were ones who started off not having a clue what was going on, and were awesome enough to listen to advice without going all crazy and telling me to kitten off.

I salute you all!

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

Ever had pugs want to 1shot lupi so bad, but a guildie and I weren’t letting them, that they start pulling the risen elites/champs on us during lupi?

Yep, that. Happened last night, in my own party…

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

More loot! \:D/

deSade.9437

\:D/

This reminds me of…

Attachments:

DonQuack.9025

http://s3.postimg.org/3papy90ib/screenshot_2015_07_21.png

wish they would have li9sted that no skips ahead of time :/

Proceed to try to skip and die. :/

(edited by DonQuack.9025)

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

Made by level 66 ranger

Attachments:

DonQuack.9025

http://s3.postimg.org/j5svm9uj7/screenshot_2015_07_21.png

seems that providing antiprojectile abilities isnt support

why do they think healing is the only support?

(edited by DonQuack.9025)

deSade.9437

Because monks didn’t provide attack absorption and damage mitigation… ow8…

What’s that blue guy doing? is it a plastic soldier? anyone knows?

Attachments:

DonQuack.9025

not soa ummm.. shield of deflection maybe ummm
checked wiki
I am shamed.

deSade.9437

not soa ummm.. shield of deflection maybe ummm

THAT’S NOT A SUPPORT SKILL

SlyDevil.3952

Start a group, clear the wisps, necro goes and changes my group description. So long, farewell, nananana.

Attachments:

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Because monks didn’t provide attack absorption and damage mitigation… ow8…

What’s that blue guy doing? is it a plastic soldier? anyone knows?

Finished my canthan carto and took a first dip into Slaver’s Exile yesterday. kitten , GW is so entertaining

Attachments:

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

(edited by Iris Ng.9845)

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Start a group, clear the wisps, necro goes and changes my group description. So long, farewell, nananana.

What kind of kitten do you have to be to do that.

Talyn.3295

Wow, gonna have to watch my LFG post more carefully. That is such a kitten move.