Your best LFG reads and puglife stories

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

Started a SE P3 pug run, get to Dredge carrier.
Ask Guard “Good for melee?”
“Of course” he says.
-> Only brings WoR (lone guard/no mes)

Doesn’t GS5 them away, ele in party dies, asks what they did wrong. I say if you’re going to melee without hassle you need more than just one WoR. Guard is like “I used it twice, it has a cooldown buddy”. Not using Bane Signet so god knows what other utils he has on, using rez bubble trait (honour line ftw?) and not using feel my wrath. Signet heal, blah blah list goes on. Proceeds to tell me I’m bad and he’s pro, talk kitten for the rest of the run, couldn’t get enough votes to kick cause it was just a complete lfg pug.

Just a few more days calm blue ocean

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

(edited by Amurond.4590)

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Guards, guards, guards, best are those that gear up for support cos kitten zerker meta and then they complain about stupid game mechanics after getting knocked by fract harpies (utilities too meta to use too I suppose) or about stupid party members such as squishy eles for not rezzing them. I mean his staff 111 (this one was special, not even empower or speed symbol lol) out of the skill range was a super precious addition to the fight.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I joined some group that said “p1 experienced” for Arah today with 4 other randoms. They ended up pulling a ton of elites to me while I was finishing ancient ooze, I didn’t die, and they were littered around the floor for like 3 minutes as I spammed stealth kits and ran away to try to deaggro the elite risen without the ooze resetting.

I then turn in the blood of the ancient and start running to the entities. Every single one of them waypoints and dies on the run there, despite one of them being a thief and none of them being squishy classes like ele.

I wait before engaging entities so they can waypoint again, this time 3 of them make it to the end but they pulled all of North Korea to me while I was nearly done finishing the entities. And no I’m not talking some of North Korea, I mean all of it.

I had to jump off the edge and run away to reset them, meanwhile asking them what their logic was for running straight through the middle instead of to the right or left. They were claiming it was my fault for starting without waiting for them, I reply “why do I need to wait for when I’ve already waited for you to waypoint like 8 times already?”

We then went back and forth a little bit about how it’s unkind to lie on the LFG and say that you’re experienced when in reality you have no idea what you’re doing until I decided to leave and let them suffer on their own.

#puglyf

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

So this is why you love Arah. Explains a lot!

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

Just did a lv 50 with a pug. So cute, one asked if me (ele) and an engi knew each other and were on TS because how well we played togheter… (actually we managed to do a sub 30min). So I answered that the thing is that we know the content for so long…
Is anyone excited with hot-fractals? Cause now that we know that we wont get new ones, I am quite kittened

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Decided to pug Arah p2 yesterday evening, why I don’t know

Party filled instantly, apparently a 4-man group (Nec, War, Ranger, Ele) had a lfg up, saw mine and just joined me. Two were from the same guild, the other two were randoms, though they all had one thing in common: They never ran the path before and all of them were rather new (sub 3k AP each, the lowest had a bit above 1k). I’ll be honest, they were horrible at the skips besides the Ele (though that’s understandable) and it was the first time in my life I saw a Deadeye getting a Quad-Kill, but what they lacked in the skipping department they made up for in the combat department, at least. Bosses burned down pretty quick, especially in comparison to a lot of “EXP only” pugs I’ve seen, Ele stacked Might, the others used their utilities well too. Heck, they just went in at Lupi and fought him open field, no grubs spawned, no deaths (only the Nec got downed once at the end) and no cheap OS tactics; that’s from a party where 3/5 people apparently only did Arah two or three times before. Alphard went down well enough too and they needed some help for the last skip (as in killing some Deadeyes and Inquest), but eventually they made it and Brie just popped.

Was actually a pretty fun experience, pugs like those guys give me hope.

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

For super duper arah experience I have my wvw guildies. One (he never did any arah) knows I’ve been trying to learn the dungeon so he asked me last weekend for help with arah. He was reluctant to get more people in from lfg so we duo’d p2 till lupi where we died like kittens, partly cos I have troubles with lupi myself and partly cos he to this day doesn’t believe me that the mesmer traited reflect actually reflects.

Eventually we filled the party with other guildies, so 3 complete arah noobs who never stepped in there before, me and one (ranger) who only remembered about arah that lupi is PITA. And we died and died. Took us over 20 tries to kill it. I switched to my thief at some point cos skips very pain but we finished the path somewhat okay. They wanted one more path :x

P1, I stayed with thief but our ranger went ham on lb 2 after stealthing and oozes didn’t like the pet sniffing around either and all my 4 guildies died. We finally skipped, killed ooze and tried to skip to entities, ranger ran out of SR and pulled everything. WP’d, skipped with 3, ranger died somewhere again and went afk to get cookies to calm down.

With ranger guildie dead and afk, I decided to kill entities. Entities dead or very low, I suddenly saw our ranger ran a bee line towards me followed by everything you can agro there :x After oozes kitten d him, he rage quit and left.

Surprisingly we killed lupi on 2nd try (and only 4 of us) but the skips after lupi …. I cried. It was either someone downed from stepping on a corpse or one agroing everything and others tried to rez (wvw’ers afterall) and died. Finely we got past risen, guys ran to the gorilla champ with “the boss!” and died :x

They still want to do p3 and 4 sometime in the future, I am just hoping it’ll be long future.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

Posted by: Killer Instinct.2058

Killer Instinct.2058

They say a picture says more than a thousand words..

Attachments:

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

They say a picture says more than a thousand words..

That’s wallpaper material right there!

Hahaha… haha… ha…

I made myself sad.

Posted by: Keksmuffin.1450

Keksmuffin.1450

k then

Attachments:

Bullet Punch

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Funny that the once popular LFG post just died after dungeons nerf and fractals weird new reward system :P

Posted by: HwaRyun.1807

HwaRyun.1807

What is funny is that the only people left doing dungeons are the ones who actually enjoy them, so i see so much less “metazerk 80 exp” groups now.

Posted by: Skoigoth.9238

Skoigoth.9238

Yup, seems like it. I did a couple of TA runs this weekend because I needed some tokens and it really was a nice experience in all three pugs I was running with.

Posted by: Laulajatar.4253

Laulajatar.4253

Why is this thread so far gone?

So we just had a pug that noticed halfway that he was lacking ... something.

Attachments:

This is no signature.
Cloud of Sparrows [CoS]

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Our two big popular threads (this and general discussion) keep getting buried.

I guess there’s just nothing to talk about at the moment.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Our two big popular threads (this and general discussion) keep getting buried.

I guess there’s just nothing to talk about at the moment.

rip Fashion thread

Posted by: saturn.4810

saturn.4810

Obviously, only people not interested in rewards run dungeons atm. These people are generally nice and welcoming towards other people, thus depriving us of a great thread.

Posted by: beefjus.9347

beefjus.9347

I’ve got one:

I decided to run AC to get a feel for the game again, after a year long hiatus. The group I got in did fine on trash, but kept on dying to the spider boss. Why? Because they didn’t want to kill the graveling mound, and they kept on going in and attacking the spider one at a time, which resulted in multiple wipes. I finally convince them to kill the graveling mound after three excruciating wipes, but they still kept on going to the spider boss one at a time. I’d finally had it during the 5th inevitable wipe, and said “just wipe it, there’s no way a scepter guard can solo that boss faster than we can clear as a full group”, then I was kicked. I was kicked for being a the lone voice of reason in a group filled with people who couldn’t put two and two together.

Current Rig: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Beefjus/saved/WBx323
Planning on upgrading to a GTX980ti by late 2016

(edited by beefjus.9347)

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

Not that I play a lot these days but this morning I got insulted on fractals (not even high ones). So fun.
It was a necro with 22K AP and he was ordering to do all the exploits that Anet still hasn’t fixed and a couple of a new ones I didn’t know of.
Then we got swamp and I said: “I feel sorry for you cause ANET fixed the uw mossman exploit, cause I am sure you are the kind of guy who did uw mossman before”. He answered me back " And I am sure you are an idiot. Go back to be silent with your pathetic 9K AP". So I lol’ed hard and told him “I guess I nailed it XD”

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.