Your top 5 hardest bosses?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: SoliSnake.9457

SoliSnake.9457

forgot 1 off my most hatred boss Vevina

Solisnake(Elementalist)Lighting Rajin (Guardian)
YamataNoOrochi(Warrior)Ziggy Th White Duke(Mesmer)Aleandro De La Vega(Ranger)

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Never really found the ice elemental a problem. It was the dredge suit I always had a problem with until i decided to wake up and dodge the auto attack. xD

But I wouldnt rate either of them especially in a group.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I can see that most solo players feel awkward with Arch Diviner in the group setting. In fact, it’s pretty neat to FGS this boss to 50 or even 25%.

edit: Elemental isn’t a hard boss. It’s the opportunistic vet elementals which make it extremely punishing and annoying.

Only reason I find archdiviner hard to solo is because of the cultists at 75%, 50% and 25% hp. The boss itself is easy to handle.

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

I can see that most solo players feel awkward with Arch Diviner in the group setting. In fact, it’s pretty neat to FGS this boss to 50 or even 25%.

edit: Elemental isn’t a hard boss. It’s the opportunistic vet elementals which make it extremely punishing and annoying.

I agree, ignoring mechanics with an overpowered conjure is ‘neat’. To hell with actually having to use your dodge key, that’s too hard.

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

I agree, ignoring mechanics with an overpowered conjure is ‘neat’. To hell with actually having to use your dodge key, that’s too hard.

Seriously, any comment like this coming from an “only-warrior” can’t be taken serious.

Also, taking away conjures from ele is essentially taking banners from warriors. And removing their mobility skills. And removing healing signet. And removing healing surge and defiant stance. And taking away 6k of their hp pool.

Wait. Let’s not forget to remove “Fear Me!” and “On My Mark!”.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

(edited by Dub.1273)

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Only reason I find archdiviner hard to solo is because of the cultists at 75%, 50% and 25% hp. The boss itself is easy to handle.

I thought it’s the first Arch Diviner? People mentioned him hard in a group setting, which I find strange, because the second is way way easier than, say, Grawl Shaman. The first one is harder because of his 180 degree-turn-leap and smash which requires a careful control with immobilization and freeze.

For solo, do you know which part is even harder than the boss itself? The two hand seals. Hands down the most frustrating part.

@maha: I find it neat because it is almost impossible to FGS bosses like Mossman and Arch Diviner cleanly without a strict coordination between the group members. A solo FGS holder will get wrecked before making a dent to the boss health. An amateur group will take down 25-30% at most before the bosses go to their next condi-spam phase (weakness, hello!) or stealth phase. As a warrior-only player, I bet you don’t know the intricacy behind the scenes. Stay blissful as you are while it lasts.

P.S.: If Dub ever says ‘oh, it’s so easy to FGS everything’ then I believe him. Because he always delivers the proof without deliberately trying to sound awesome. And because he has used FGS before it became cool.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

maha.7902

Seriously, any comment like this coming from an “only-warrior” can’t be taken serious.

Also, taking away conjures from ele is essentially taking banners from warriors. And removing their mobility skills. And removing healing signet. And removing healing surge and defiant stance. And taking away 6k of their hp pool.

Wait. Let’s not forget to remove “Fear Me!” and “On My Mark!”.

You’re comparing mobility skills to a conjure that does like 40k dps. Damage wise it’s completely out of line with anything else, and eles can cope just fine without them, even solo. And for the record, I have five classes, ele included.

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

He’s saying that you can’t ignore the strongest assets a class has. Eles strongest asset is their conjures, warriors is their banners and/or mobility. As in, “An ele without conjures is like a warrior without banners”.

I mean I guess you could argue that Eles still have a very strong asset in their might/fury stacking abilities, but w/e.

Actually nah, this argument is dumb. idc

maha.7902

It has nothing to do with the thread anyway. I’m just fed up of this vomit inducing conjure meta of every fight being trivialised to press 4, 3 and 5 in corners. Every time an urge has hit me to do a dungeon tour I have to remind myself it’s just going to be smashing 4 in walls. Anyway, I just felt like venting, carry on.

Posted by: TKiller.6829

TKiller.6829

Just give FGS a damage dealt cap instead of uses Kappa.

Defeated by packet loss.

Dub.1273

Or increase enemies healthpools by 10 times. No nerf for eles but no more ’fiery afk sword".

Dub | [rT]

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

I’m perfectly fine with removing banners from warrior, and signets too, and 6k health.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

maha.7902

Or just make it so fiery rush requires a target. That way you can still even use it if there’s a trash mob behind the boss, but otherwise no. Hell you could even still do it in lupicus solos if you’re able to target locust which spawn behind the wall.

spoj.9672

Or just reduce the number of ticks. Or reduce the damage. No need to completely butcher the elite.

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

Or increase enemies healthpools by 10 times. No nerf for eles but no more ’fiery afk sword".

That isn’t that bad idea if you watch the Hotw bosses in p2 and story mode. They’re pretty hard to kill with FGS and if you try there’s always a big chance to wipe.
On the other hand,more hp can’t be a real solution of course

Grimkram [sS]

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I do think FGS should be nerfed, but not in the way maha suggests. It’s important to not completely neuter the elite. I think a better solution would be to simply cap the number of fiery procs that can hit a single target per second to cap its DPS to something more along the lines of 15k DPS. It is an elite skill, so using it should still be a net gain (or else we have more useless elites), but it should be nowhere near as powerful as it is right now.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Iris Ng.9845

Or just add retaliations to every bosses.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

Posted by: TKiller.6829

TKiller.6829

Gotta keep in mind that the whole fiery rushing is that op only in coordinated groups. So before nerfing the elite I’d rather see some new content and whether it allows itself to be solved by FGS.

But yeah, getting way off topic.

Defeated by packet loss.

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Dub, please make one of them spawn again and record it

It feels weird that I’ve been triple kicked by Lupicus before yet never seen the infamous level 84 illusionist in place of the berserker.

Happened to me only twice. :<
Seems to happen a lot less than tripple or even quadruple-kicks.

Is that the illusionist that can spawn instead of the usual berserker after the highborns king waypoint?

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Or just add retaliations to every bosses.

Doing this would make me quit dungeons. Retaliation is quite possibly the most annoying effect on any PvE mob IMO. :P

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Nerf conjures so that everybody uses my D/F build and calls me god

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

spoj.9672

Burning speed vuln stacking new meta. GG engis. cu <><

Iris Ng.9845

shhhh…. spoj… shhh….

Purple Miku.7032

Dub, please make one of them spawn again and record it

It feels weird that I’ve been triple kicked by Lupicus before yet never seen the infamous level 84 illusionist in place of the berserker.

Happened to me only twice. :<
Seems to happen a lot less than tripple or even quadruple-kicks.

Is that the illusionist that can spawn instead of the usual berserker after the highborns king waypoint?

Yes, but I still have yet to see it. Dub has twice, and Nova claims he’s seen it once before too and I know at least 1 or 2 others claimed it as well. Dub’s the only one that says he saw an 84, so I dunno. I want proof.

The Mexican Cookie.3690

I’ve seen it, I didn’t bother to look at its level though. Was just like “lol the berserker is an illusionist” and continued on my way. Laharl was there, he can confirm

Posted by: IvanTheGrey.2941

IvanTheGrey.2941

I too have seen that illusionist. It was a WTF moment.

Posted by: Casmurro.9046

Casmurro.9046

I’ve witnessed that illusionist in the berserker’s place in arah p2 only once, but i can confirm its real.

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

Have also seen it once, didn’t notice the level just avoided it like every illusionist I can.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

Purple Miku.7032

I’M SO JEALOUS WTF.

spoj.9672

Ive witnessed it aswell a while back. Never checked the lvl but based on the fact that the unexpected chaos storm pretty much 1shot my necro i can only assume it was also lvl 84.

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

Just wanted to bring it up that Legendary Grawl Shaman is one of the easiest bosses in the game. That being said, the only reason that people percieve it as hard are those bloody lava elementals, which in comparison, make Shaman look like a sissy. I never heard of anyone wiping when elementals are not up. xD

Iris Ng.9845

He is difficult when you have to melee him. His Fire Storm doesn’t have any tell either.

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

Random question here, i’m the only one that loves 30 minutes of fight instead of just nuke dps the bosses? because that’s why my list gets different from others. On long fights the strats needs to be different, even harder than solo if you go with newbies and they have no idea of what to dodge and you need to waste 70% of the time rezzing (rezzing in the thaumanova anomaly is tricky but fun. And it was also when Alphard insta-1shots with her barrils bug xD). I’m the kind of guy that even if i can solo a boss, i won’t unless everyone is alive.

I will check that illusionist, sounds like fun Where does he appears exactly?

ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en español / Spanish raiding guides

(edited by Elrey.5472)

Posted by: No Pulse.2967

No Pulse.2967

You don’t choose the illusionist, the illusionist chooses you…

Inactive member in Dark Renegatus [REN]
The Order of Calamity [OOC] is recruiting!
5/8 Champion titles

Dub.1273

You don’t want to be the chosen.

Dub | [rT]

Purple Miku.7032

I do!!!

Dub.1273

I do!!!

Until you faceplant eating a 16k chaos storm tick.

Dub | [rT]

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

Until you faceplant eating a 16k chaos storm tick.

That’s what Defiant stance is for

ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en español / Spanish raiding guides