rate the dungeon patch 1-10

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: caKez.3219

caKez.3219

-1/10
This shyyyt is so frustating and stressful……it makes me don’t even wanna log in anymore…I lost more money than i earned!
The healing is stupid…the mobs OUTDAMAGE your own self heal that has a 20sec cd. In CM you start out with around 5-6k HP. Your heal heals about 2k. and they hit you for 2-4k? really?
The only thing they needed to fix was the random arrgo.
NOT multiply the mobs health and completely nerf the kitten of the rewards.

Posted by: LualdiTia.8562

LualdiTia.8562

-1/10 What happened to playing the game how you want? I enjoyed the old CoF. I thought running around the room and trying to survive the 100secs was a fun an interesting twist and nice breather to the boring kill x mob spawns. But apparently you didn’t think so…Then you make the reward system even worse. Wth is going on over there?
Took you guys less than a month to break your word, you must be so proud

(edited by LualdiTia.8562)

Posted by: Jacbo.7598

Jacbo.7598

5/10

Was getting tired of my guild bugging me to run CoF with them over, and over, and over, and over, and over because it was the path of least resistance. A little variety never hurt anyone. I find it hard to believe that everyone in this thread who’s complaining about CoF have run every explorable path of every dungeon and determined that the second path of CoF was the only viable run. I have done quite a few other runs and can think of at least 4 paths that didn’t take us much longer than CoF runs were taking. Hell I can think of another CoF path that we found comparable without involving any mechanics exploiting.

I also think the nerfs to running the same thing over and over are warranted. However, I disagree with nerfing efficiency. If you can run multiple different runs quickly then your reward should be quicker accumulation of currency. I’m also annoyed that it seems like the base dungeon rewards were reduced, since for those of us doing non-farm dungeons the money made over repair costs was minuscule enough as it is.

Leader of Valor [RUN]
Kaineng
Apply Now: http://www.valorguild.org

Posted by: ChairGraveyard.2967

ChairGraveyard.2967

-10/10 (yes, negative 10)

Reason being that constantly adding diminishing returns to every aspect of the game is making it completely unfun to play normally.

Also, dungeons will be complete ghost towns now due to the fact that it costs more in repairs to run one than you even get in rewards.

Posted by: ShadowArcane.6951

ShadowArcane.6951

PLZ Arena net the dungeons were fine the way they were people were not complainging about it on purpose now everyone hates your update plz roll it back 1/10

Posted by: DKP.4196

DKP.4196

10/10. Forces people who cant finish dungeons properly to try, and encourages new players who have just joined GW2 to try out other dungeon paths other than the usual farm.

Ive met countless players who wanted to complete the Arah dungeon exploration mode. At least attempt to finish it, but cant find players to join them in their quest. Everyone is just farming, Now, its starting to change, and the change is subtle but there. People are venturing out to other dungeons.

Another good addition caused by these patchs is the cap Anet put on the sudden influx is wealthy players in GW2. It felt a bit unfair for those who didnt want to bother farming dungeons as there were much more fun things to do than grind 24/7 on the same dungeon route. Dungeon farming was and still is a cheap way to gain gold.

You still gain silver for every run even if you die 10x over or more. Most people dont see the profits they make, but you do make something.

Although the overall loots may increase a bit from dungeons, or add something that we players can look for. Hope to get in the near future if we complete a dungeon multiple times:) A nice incentive to dungeon more.

Keep trying, or die trying. Never give up, never forgive. We will Desolate. – Desolation
Not A Message.

Posted by: Kyral.3706

Kyral.3706

2/10 So sad la!

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

-1/10

I don’t mind that the dungeons are hard but they really need to increase the rewards a thousand fold. The cost of the armour sets are ridiculous. It’s just a massive grind fest.
-
Suggestions:

- INCREASE the token drops by 200% and DECREASE the cost of the armour sets.
- INCREASE the amount of gold bosses drop to offset repair cost by 500%… yes 500%.
- Let bosses drop good loot… even if it has crappy skins (loin cloths) to offset the fact that it will take you weeks to farm the token gear.

Posted by: DKP.4196

DKP.4196

-1/10

I don’t mind that the dungeons are hard but they really need to increase the rewards a thousand fold. The cost of the armour sets are ridiculous. It’s just a massive grind fest.
-
Suggestions:

- INCREASE the token drops by 200% and DECREASE the cost of the armour sets.
- INCREASE the amount of gold bosses drop to offset repair cost by 500%… yes 500%.
- Let bosses drop good loot… even if it has crappy skins (loin cloths) to offset the fact that it will take you weeks to farm the token gear.

Let me ask you a couple simple questions. Do you want to have all the dungeon sets within 24hours? Do you want to finish end game content and become filthy rich in GW2 within 24 hours? Did you buy the MMO to finish the game within 24hours or perhaps…longer? A couple months? Perhaps years to come like any other MMO out there? Im a bit puzzled.

Keep trying, or die trying. Never give up, never forgive. We will Desolate. – Desolation
Not A Message.

Posted by: Write.3192

Write.3192

1/10. Did absolutely nothing to encourage people to play other dungeons. Many of them are unplayable or unrewarding. Should’ve addressed the real issue, what people have been saying since these official forums came up.

Posted by: Quickener.8597

Quickener.8597

0/10 decreased silver per run in cof after 4 runs only get 3 silver for a run that costs you 20 in repairs due to die fiesta game breaking patch. way to make everything about doing dungeons or making money impossible. need more healing skills more effective armor ratings on armor and less bugs. It was not broke dont fix it period. if this is how players are treated for playing gw2 then why bother.

Posted by: Dragonen.6985

Dragonen.6985

a dont know whot Anet whos thinking whan deay made the patch!! it sems deay only did the patch so that it is going to be inpasibal to complete! and get marks. it whos hard before now it is just stupid hard waping all the times whit pugs groups losing gold its not warfit!!

Posted by: Zeusmeister.5130

Zeusmeister.5130

-10/10

Where do I start..

CoF, Magg is BUGGED AS HELL, the devourers do RETARRRRDED amounts of knockdowns and chains, then you have to run through the lava with again RETARRRRDED amounts of knockdowns and chains, THEN you finally get to the room where you have to protect magg and find yourself committing suicide about 3-4 times each. I play dungeons to ENJOY them and save points for armor sets, and I’m missing 300 points from having my full set, but tbh, I don’t think I’m ever going to get that last piece. Costs me more in repairs than I make from the dungeon, not to mention the time I waste. Probably going to look into a refund, this game just keeps on pissing me off.

Posted by: Liliana Moore.4237

Liliana Moore.4237

0/10 – I have no words to explain …

Posted by: Cromx.3941

Cromx.3941

1/10

its not fun, mechanics are just bad. no tanks no healers stun locks, unavoidable deaths, agro goes crazy, unlimited skills for mobs, its like someone with no experience on pve made this patch

Exactly, they remove all the player controlled elements of strategy and made all the characters into generic DPS lite classes. Then they give us skills on incredibly long cool downs that barely affect the mobs. I can stun a mob for 2 seconds every like 29 seconds or something….we cant tank them we cant do anything.

Then you get a pack of trash mobs with knockdown on a seemingly 5 second timer if that. One shotting bosses, one shotting trash elites and champs. Chain CCs, spammy condition damage that kills you in under 25 seconds. The whole thing is totally screwed up.

And the thing is this was BEFORE the patch, most of this was there. People had just found a way to make do…to get around the worst of it my finding tolerable dungeons. They were eeking a little fun out of a not so great situation. This new patch just broke the camels back, it took away the little bit of fun people had found….and it shows that anet totally does not get it.

Posted by: maraconover.2947

maraconover.2947

0/10 seriously. I love dungeons..it is why I played MMO’s. I want epic gear…that is dropped off an epic monster in a completable dungeon…that I can run over and over and learn every trick about. I want to get every set of armor from each dungeon.

I wont though..if I lose money just trying to get through it.

I wont if I cant get a PUG through it.

I wont if chest rewards are white.

I wont.

Posted by: vicwolf.7862

vicwolf.7862

-magg is bugged and non-functional/10

Posted by: Arc.1425

Arc.1425

2/10

What isn’t buggy is overtuned or possible with a great deal of frustration. Glad to have no more speedruns, but they went about fixing this the wrong way.

Posted by: ChairGraveyard.2967

ChairGraveyard.2967

10/10. Forces people who cant finish dungeons properly to try, and encourages new players who have just joined GW2 to try out other dungeon paths other than the usual farm.

Making the dungeons a money-losing affair is simply going to drive people away from them altogether, not force them to play more dungeons. You’re kidding yourself if you think it will actually be even remotely decent finding a group for dungeons after this patch. It was already a nightmare before, even for the popular ones, now with dungeons costing you money to run, no one will want to do them.

Posted by: Krisko.4093

Krisko.4093

6/10

A step in the right direction in regards to encouraging the playing of different paths, with a few unfortunate oversights that should be reverted until adequately tested.

Is there a reward for completing all dungeon paths after the first time? If not, that would be a good incentive, rather than making certain play-styles financially inadvisable.

Posted by: ryston.7640

ryston.7640

0/10. You punished players for being good at the game. You have people complaining about a lack of end game for a reason, there isn’t a lot of it — you just removed some. Good job?

Posted by: Mika.4782

Mika.4782

0/10 going back to wow

Posted by: vicwolf.7862

vicwolf.7862

They were meant to be exclusive

Who the kitten told you that?

Posted by: MachineX.6791

MachineX.6791

1/10 I am not going to suffer through something that is not enjoyable. even good teamwork has not made this being fun anymore. I am done with dungeons until it is fixed. and when I get bored of the other content I will be moving on to another game.

Posted by: Svedka.3091

Svedka.3091

3/10

thats how many times i can run a dungeon before the rewards are bad (hats)

Posted by: Y u mad its vydia.6324

Y u mad its vydia.6324

I wonder how many people that posted in this thread have actually tried the dungeons since the patch.

Malaakh. [EU] Desolation.

Posted by: Cromx.3941

Cromx.3941

I tried CM story was thoroughly disgusted….did not need to try the others, it does not take a genius to figure out what anet is up to, or what they want for their dungeon content. The fact that CM story went live on the servers speaks volumes about what to expect from anet regarding this type of content.

Posted by: drifter.2083

drifter.2083

1/10 – Having the difficulty stay the same or increased while you nerf rewards/incentives to run dungeons is a sure fire way to kill all motivation to do any activity related to dungeons.

Furthermore dungeons were never really fun from my experience with this game so far. They were a tedious, monotonous and pretty bland runs attempting to kill super boss mobs with wunderkind 1 shot random, difficult if not impossible to anticipate abilities and absurdly high health (even for trash mobs) for the sake of prolonging the process of keeping players trapped in a dungeon and funneling coin into the money sink of repairs and constant wipes of graveyard rushing.

None of this challenging and most importantly none of it is fun period for me as a player even in story-mode let alone exploration mode.

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

10/10

The only nerf is to people that want to run the same thing 3+ times in a row or want to run story mode multiple times.

Now there’s plenty of reason to do other branches and other dungeons.

The only thing that I would change are the equipment rewards in sub-80 dungeons and making tokens universal. Some branches could use some balance tweaks (less HP on everything, etc).

But none of that was part of this patch, it was a problem before as well. So 10/10 for this patch, and all you baddies can just go and sulk. It seems to be easier than getting better at the game for you.

Most of the people complaining were complaining about the same things you mentioned were flawed about the dungeons, they just chose to include those pre-existing flaws in their rating and you didn’t. Then you called them baddies and told them to sulk for agreeing with you.

Personally I don’t like the grind for these dungeons. I don’t see why running something 40 times (whether you divide that into the three paths or not) is a reasonable number for the armour set. That’s the fundamental problem for me and when judging a patch which is hitting at a symptom and not the problem, resulting in the players still dealing with the same problem but taking away one of the few things making it tolerable… I think it’s fair to include pre-existing problems in a rating for it.

Posted by: JSemar.5821

JSemar.5821

1/10 8K XP from TA explore tonight. Cost me an hour of my time for nothing. The armor is cool and what I mainly do it for. But it alone is not worth the time. How you ruin dungeon running I have no idea but they did it.

Some people level from pvp. Some from exploring or questing. Others like to raid dungeons with their friends. Well for the third group mentioned they are now kitten.

Really disappointing on your part ANet you are one of my favorites but if you keep showing signs of bad game design that won’t last long. Please don’t.

Posted by: Derian Gothsend.3928

Derian Gothsend.3928

3/10 – Its pretty much pointless to play them now. Its too difficult for a pug team that isnt a bunch of pre-made builds rocking mostly rare gear at 10-20 levels higher than the “required level”

Spammed with fear and one shotted for 1/3 or the instance isnt fun.

Unlike some on the forums, my pug team managed to get through CM, but we died way too much and it ended up costing us money.

Posted by: Reshima.2405

Reshima.2405

Vocal minority showing up, as always…

Posted by: Joseph.3860

Joseph.3860

3/10
I agree with what they are trying to do, but atleast make the rewards worth it. Huge grind for one armour set. I, as a casual player, am not gonna do that. I thought prior to obtaining this game I would get 1 amour piece or weapon every run. Well, I was mistaken, but I expected only maybe 2-3 runs for one armour piece… not 10.

Posted by: Garbol.4390

Garbol.4390

2/10

First they should REALLY make the goal they want to achive clear. So far I don’t know what they are trying to do. Dungeons are either too hard or too bugged to do, one of these issues must be resolved. Or less likely both.

Posted by: Tercian.5709

Tercian.5709

0/10 Thank you Anet you broke the dungeon system.

Posted by: Echos Firebrand.1092

Echos Firebrand.1092

The rating system in this thread is not nearly wide enough scaled to voice my opinion. 0/10000000000000000000000000000000000 would be closer.

Posted by: Sieghilde.7632

Sieghilde.7632

Vocal minority showing up, as always…

Right, because the people not posting on message boards, ie casuals, are so thrilled that Story Mode is much harder now as well.

Posted by: Varionos.8143

Varionos.8143

0/10 >.< time to go back to Wow ?

(edited by Varionos.8143)

Posted by: ILPALAZZO.9865

ILPALAZZO.9865

Fine, dungeons are too hard to pug, and most of my friends aren’t 80 or geared yet. Back to exploring the world! Last skill point I need in Malchor’s Reach is still bugged…

Posted by: Kromica.2831

Kromica.2831

0/10 not worth running anymore.

They are not fun and the rewards are not worth it.

Posted by: edition.5963

edition.5963

1/10 . I don’t see any reason going in there just to lose money on repairs

Posted by: RamenGuy.8201

RamenGuy.8201

1/10

Punish players for completeing high end content?

F#ck you arenanet.

Posted by: Quiznos.4296

Quiznos.4296

difficulty 7/10
Good idea, much needed.
The rec level seems to have been ignored. (May be too difficult for lower lvls)
Story mode should be significantly easier than explorable.
Enough KD and close range 1 shot to kiss melee goodbye. You should just go right ahead and remove all warrior weapons except rifle.
The difficulty for story, was enough for a hodgepodge pug to make it through. Then that team of pugs worked together to then move on to explorable. Now, there’s little incentive to party with people you don’t know. When you do, and there’s several wipes in story mode people play the blame game and throw n00b this n00b that around. No friendships formed. No fun.
1-3 wipes per boss in story is fine for a random group of newly req lvl people that have never played with each other and have never played that dungeon or watched a video guide on that dungeon. A group of 5 lvl 80 people who have run the dungeon 15 times shouldn’t wipe; and should finish in AT LEAST half the time as the random group.

rewards 3/10
Good idea. Esp needed for story.
Timed mechanic is a weird idea (why encourage people to not play the game for random spurts of 5-10 mins?) and looks not to be working.
WAY too extreme of a cut 21ish silver → 1 silver… Now I’m mad I only started playing dungeons last night.
I’m left with a feeling of missing out, there are people who easily garnered 1 gold / hr from dungeons. Now those of us entering into dungeons get 4 silver / hr (assuming we don’t take dmg.)
XP adjustment works. I get that 200 skills points should take forever. First ever run for each mode should be ~1 lvl.
Chest rewards still blow. A dog should not hold better items than a big kitten chest.
“Forced” rotation of explore modes. Good idea, why limit at more than 1 and not all three?

Reward Idea:
Exp: 1 full lvl for the initial completion of story, and each of the 3 explorables, after that… who cares?
$$$: Free full repair at dungeon completion. 1 silver for AC story, 2 for AC explore, 3 for CM story, 4 for CM explore, 5 for twilight story, 6 for twilight explore, etc. (difficulty should scale as the req lvls do! CM shouldn’t be easier than AC)
Instead of forcing a rotation, encourage rotation. Lets say you give 3s / explore in CM, everytime each of the three explores is completed a bonus of an additional 3s is given.
Chests: If they’re full of kitten I can’t kitten use they may as well not exist.

Posted by: Safien.3710

Safien.3710

The people who like this update and think it’s justified are only jealous they didn’t take advantage of speedrun farming dungeons while they had the chance.

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

For the explorable dungeon nerf 10/10 I can see their point in making it less desirable to faceroll it.

For the story mode nerf 1/10. When I am bored I spend some time answering requests to join a pug to do story mode (you know friendly player helping player stuff). Before the patch and after either buying new armor or repairs I could just about break even with maybe a few coins left over for the amount of time taken it averages about 15 silver for apx. and hour. But now with this patch the story mode rewards won’t even give me back enough to repair so I am forced into the explorable, that with my skill means instant deaths or graveyard zergs until i am naked. Seriously ANET I love your game but this is not the way to promote friendly player to player communities. For now I will just forgo dungeons.

Posted by: kennythekoala.2758

kennythekoala.2758

1. Thank you arena net for killing my fun.

Rockmachine – VoTF

Posted by: Mrpopo.4593

Mrpopo.4593

tried to log into day logged right back out nothing to do now :/

Posted by: Spoolooni.6712

Spoolooni.6712

1/10, way to “limit” the fun by punishing us for running a potentially fun chain more than once. Disregard the fact that repairs are burning holes in our pockets.

Posted by: HxCFTW.8192

HxCFTW.8192

1/10. I don’t like being forced to do other things -.-"

Posted by: Evil.9061

Evil.9061

0/10. Dungeons aren’t hard. This has nothing to do with “baddies” Its just flat out not worth doing them.

Paying money to travel to and complete dungeons isn’t fun or acceptable.