2 accounts 2 different loot experiences

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Keep in mind this is mostly referring to LOOTED items. Not chests, forge, etc.
@Everyone
Why are you posting if your only going to argue the OP? You’re asking for “proof” of it but can you prove there isn’t something wrong? There are ALOT of people who experience this problem. And its amazing that so many people here will deny having not experienced it. If you can’t provide the evidence that it DOESN’T exist then you can’t deny it does. I play one account typically 12 + hours a day and my loot is worthless all day. I run around to most every dungeon, diff maps doing diff stuff, fotm, world bosses. SW… all on diff toons.. my loot is still all garbage.

I can get onto my alts and farm for a couple hours and get plenty of rares and a couple exotics. So far Alt #2 loot hasn’t diminished since i got him and it about 800 hours now. Alt #3 is the same; 200 hours and still great loot. it’s enough to make me want to stop playing my main. But no need because I multibox.

All of you that believe everything is perfect and works how you’re told Gullible

I’ll give you a quick rundown of the current conversation:

• Player – Something’s wrong because one account has better RNG than others.
  • Me – RNG doesn’t mean you’re guaranteed a drop.
  • Anet – No account is luckier than another. Each account has the same base chance to get drops from the loot table.
  • Player – Show me proof that I’m not unlucky. I want to see data to prove I’m wrong.
  • Other players – /deadhorse.gif

As John Smith said many moons ago, we players need to first show there’s an existing problem before coming up with solutions. You don’t come up with solutions first, then go hunting for the problem.

Right now, people only feel there’s a problem, because they’re not getting what they want. In this case, I use the term Entitlement to describe the on-going issue.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

I can say that I have experienced this as the owner of two accounts. I bought a second account that only my bf uses (not account sharing since it is registered to him and I don’t use it, I just paid for it) and he gets ridiculously better loot. We both have noticed it. His very first chest he opened he got a full BL ticket on day 1. He consistently gets more exotic drops than I do. My account has far more hours (thousands more) and my AP is up to ~15-16k? I definitely think that not all accounts are created equal.

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

@Everyone
Why are you posting if your only going to argue the OP? You’re asking for “proof” of it but can you prove there isn’t something wrong? There are ALOT of people who experience this problem. And its amazing that so many people here will deny having not experienced it. If you can’t provide the evidence that it DOESN’T exist then you can’t deny it does. I play one account typically 12 + hours a day and my loot is worthless all day. I run around to most every dungeon, diff maps doing diff stuff, fotm, world bosses. SW… all on diff toons.. my loot is still all garbage.

I can get onto my alts and farm for a couple hours and get plenty of rares and a couple exotics. So far Alt #2 loot hasn’t diminished since i got him and it about 800 hours now. Alt #3 is the same; 200 hours and still great loot. it’s enough to make me want to stop playing my main. But no need because I multibox.

All of you that believe everything is perfect and works how you’re told Gullible

OP made a specific claim that the 2 accounts had markedly different drop rates. He provided no proof and declined to do anything that would show that the 2 accounts were actually different in drop rate. Until and unless he does so, people are justified in questioning his statement. cognitive bias.

It’s interesting that you say your two accounts are different. Would you be willing to make a thread so that people can suggest how you can prove this and post the proof on the forum?

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: VincentDW.9376

VincentDW.9376

Right now, people only feel there’s a problem

That, itself, is a problem. Even if there isn’t a true technical problem underlying it, and even if the solution isn’t to change any game mechanics, customers becoming dissatisfied and speaking up about it to other customers is something to be concerned about and address. Telling people they have no right to feel the way they do rarely makes them more inclined to agree with you.

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

@Everyone

OP made a specific claim that the 2 accounts had markedly different drop rates. He provided no proof and declined to do anything that would show that the 2 accounts were actually different in drop rate. Until and unless he does so, people are justified in questioning his statement. cognitive bias.

It’s interesting that you say your two accounts are different. Would you be willing to make a thread so that people can suggest how you can prove this and post the proof on the forum?

There’s a lot of terms you can throw around to describe a given situation (cognitive bias, willful ignorance, biligerent entitlement) but when you do, is kind of on you to prove that is occurring. Otherwise it’s just useless labeling.

I can safely say I’m willfully ignorant because if I knew some of the drops I’m not ever getting instead of the same dyes, skins, ect, I probably would start getting angry. Most of the drops I get are usually repeats I’ve seen dozens of times before.

Just a flesh wound.3589

@Everyone

There’s a lot of terms you can throw around to describe a given situation (cognitive bias, willful ignorance, biligerent entitlement) but when you do, is kind of on you to prove that is occurring. Otherwise it’s just useless labeling.

I can safely say I’m willfully ignorant because if I knew some of the drops I’m not ever getting instead of the same dyes, skins, ect, I probably would start getting angry. Most of the drops I get are usually repeats I’ve seen dozens of times before.

I’m not making any claims. They, Chuck and Essence Snow, are. They are both making a specific claim that their 2 accounts have a significantly different drop rate. It only fair that they be asked to prove their claim.

The burden of proof is on the ones making the claim, not the people asking if it’s true.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Chuck.8196

Chuck.8196

• Anet – No account is luckier than another. Each account has the same base chance to get drops from the loot table.
  • Player – Show me proof that I’m not unlucky. I want to see data to prove I’m wrong.

As John Smith said many moons ago, we players need to first show there’s an existing problem before coming up with solutions. You don’t come up with solutions first, then go hunting for the problem.

Right now, people only feel there’s a problem, because they’re not getting what they want. In this case, I use the term Entitlement to describe the on-going issue.

Statistics won’t mean kitten when things such as “% damage done to enemy” affects loot because that can be completely random and too difficult to measure consistently and reproduce. Its a fact that there is a problem and they don’t want to investigate because they want proof from us instead of being proactive and applying professional work ethics to their product. If I worked for Anet I would search for and provide the proof. We as players are providing more than enough for this specific problem.

The increasingly growing population of players who create new threads and describe this EXACT same thing should be enough for them to take action. beating a dead horse but that doesn’t take away the fact the horse is still there.

a·chieve·ment – a thing done successfully, typically by effort, courage, or skill
re·ward – a thing given in recognition of one’s service, effort, or achievement
en·ti·tle·ment – the belief one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

I would say the problem is the anecdotally prevalent feeling that loot is terrible in this game. I don’t believe that accounts with 12 precursors drops exist (I’m not talking about people who dedicate their lives to the mystic forge). I think people are lying to make others feel bad.

Regarding the feels = entitlement, I completely disagree. People use Entitlement to try to shut down discussion and shame the person making the complaint. Be NOT shamed!!!!!!!

If I play a game, I’m entitled to a good experience. Going through the game feeling like the least lucky person on the planet is not a good experience. There was a several hundred post discussion of this a while ago.

Whether of not my perception reflects reality, my perception is ANet’s problem and that problem is real.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Leo G.4501

@Everyone

I’m not making any claims. They, Chuck and Essence Snow, are. They are both making a specific claim that their 2 accounts have a significantly different drop rate. It only fair that they be asked to prove their claim.

The burden of proof is on the ones making the claim, not the people asking if it’s true.

Well suggesting what they are experiencing is cognitive bias is a claim.

Chuck.8196

there are already more than enough complaints recognizing this problem so i wouldn’t make a thread. i would instead voice my experience in one that’s already opened. oh wait. What i wouldn’t do was tell them how they are wrong and try to disprove them without any proving clear numbers. if i didn’t already have multiple accounts, I would grab a new account and test this then provide my own results. Then i would be more creditable to deny the OP’s experience as ’unique"

a·chieve·ment – a thing done successfully, typically by effort, courage, or skill
en·ti·tle·ment – the belief one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment

Just a flesh wound.3589

@Everyone

So was his saying everyone who didn’t believe was gullible. (With a link to the definition of gullible).

ANet may give it to you.

Smooth Penguin.5294

Statistics won’t mean kitten when things such as “% damage done to enemy” affects loot because that can be completely random and too difficult to measure consistently and reproduce. Its a fact that there is a problem and they don’t want to investigate because they want proof from us instead of being proactive and applying professional work ethics to their product. If I worked for Anet I would search for and provide the proof. We as players are providing more than enough for this specific problem.

The increasingly growing population of players who create new threads and describe this EXACT same thing should be enough for them to take action. beating a dead horse but that doesn’t take away the fact the horse is still there.

Are you basing your “facts” on your own personal observations of your own account? Or are you basing it off of viewing similar threads from other players? If so, these aren’t facts. They’re speculations based off of the misunderstanding of what RNG is. Again, you aren’t guaranteed anything you specifically want with drops.

Case in point – we all want Dusk, and it exists on the loot table, but that doesn’t mean we’ll all get it. If 10 people get a Dusk drop from loot chests or the MF, does that mean their accounts are luckier than the other 10,000 players trying for the same thing? No. It just means they’re luckier at that moment in time.

Asking Anet to justify your speculations isn’t going to work, especially when they’ve already confirmed that the OP is wrong.

Just a flesh wound.3589

there are already more than enough complaints recognizing this problem so i wouldn’t make a thread. i would instead voice my experience in one that’s already opened. oh wait. What i wouldn’t do was tell them how they are wrong and try to disprove them without any proving clear numbers. if i didn’t already have multiple accounts, I would grab a new account and test this then provide my own results. Then i would be more creditable to deny the OP’s experience as ’unique"

The burden of proof is on those making the claim, not those questioning it.

ANet may give it to you.

Leo G.4501

@Everyone

So was his saying everyone who didn’t believe was gullible. (With a link to the definition of gullible).

Sorry, I saw the cognitive bias claim first but whatever

Posted by: JanNier Kryn Yaren.7968

JanNier Kryn Yaren.7968

I feel as a player since beta with over 25kAP , that comes every day I get more blues and whites compared to a brand new account. Friends that quitted the game for tera to look at panties and come back over 5 to 8 months of no activity, they get more exotics or even a bloody precursor from a CoF chest, I can’t remember the last time I actualy got an exotic that wasn’t a pair of Khilbron’s boots It’s allways THAT PAIR! SHOOOES every kitten time! Shoes >_>

Leo G.4501

Ya know, I still have a few fresh accounts I haven’t touched yet. . .

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

Don’t engage in this. You can never produce a statistically significant sample on your own. So don’t try. You are an unhappy customer and that is enough to warrant a complaint.

If ANet is interested they can easily look at drop rates across young vs old accounts.

However, they can’t reasonably look into “lucky” vs. “unlucky” accounts, because that’s just drawing a bullseye around where the bullet hits.

They can;,however, see if the standard deviation of drops across accounts is where they want it to be.
And they can track accounts at the low end of the spectrum to see if they remain at the low end.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Chuck.8196

Proof
I play hours on end on main and get nothing. I log into my alt first time in 2 months, i get ascended chest and Dawn off Wurm, same day one after the other.

Now you are going to argue that. i am just one person and its RNG or not enough consistent data provided as i have to grind the same thing on both accounts for same time. But that would mean that i have to provide the same dps form the same class and kill the exact same quantity of the exact same mob within the exact same time of day with the exact number of players in map and in party. All of which is impossible to do. So how can you present data impossible to achieve?

OR lets collect all the players information who’ve experienced this and compare it. A obvious pattern pops up when u compare already provided data. Don’t need all those statistics to prove this.

(edited by Chuck.8196)

Just a flesh wound.3589

Don’t engage in this. You can never produce a statistically significant sample on your own. So don’t try. You are an unhappy customer and that is enough to warrant a complaint.

If ANet is interested they can easily look at drop rates across young vs old accounts.

However, they can’t reasonably look into “lucky” vs. “unlucky” accounts, because that’s just drawing a bullseye around where the bullet hits.

They can;,however, see if the standard deviation of drops across accounts is where they want it to be.
And they can track accounts at the low end of the spectrum to see if they remain at the low end.

Nor statistically significant, but if someone is saying that account A gets markedly better loot that account B, while playing their normal time and play style then it’s possible to prove this claim by playing both for the same number of hours and over equivalent content.

Just by playing in this manner will show the difference in loot if their claim is valid.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: John.8507

John.8507

I would like to see ANET compare stats on accounts as my experience matches the OP’s main account, I don’t have an alternative, but been playing since early access, and had no precursors or exciting drops, so I agree that there seems to be luckier accounts, and people more likely to ge the best loot/rewards, and that they punish you for playing more/longer.

Posted by: Pitman.9210

Pitman.9210

I remember this being the case in Team Fortress 2 back then. If you got a new account you had a way higher change to finding a hat. I think the idea was to give newer players a kickstart.

Smooth Penguin.5294

Proof
I play hours on end on main and get nothing. I log into my alt first time in 2 months, i get ascended chest and Dawn off Wurm, same day one after the other.

The only thing that proves is that RNG is working as intended.

I’ll quote myself to help you understand:

RNG stands for Random Number Generator.

RNG does not guarantee that you’ll get what you want. Ever.

Chuck.8196

Proof

The only thing that proves is that RNG is working as intended.

I’ll quote myself to help you understand:

How does that explain why new younger accounts get better loot? RNG should be equal between accounts. if anything my time played should reward me, not punish. no one is talking about what they WANT.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I always felt like the more someone plays the less they get and people who play less are luckier~ probably a way to encourage them to keep playing. Like way back when SAB was goin’ I ran it every single day both normal and tribulation mode and never got a single weapon skin drop- but my 2 friends who I got to run it with me once BOTH got a drop from their first chest. They ran it once and only once and hadn’t played for several months. There’s been many other times where my friends will pop in and get a rare event drop effortlessly when they rarely play~ I’m sure they’d all get insta-beta invite drops if they logged in today but they don’t have an interest.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Smooth Penguin.5294

How does that explain why new younger accounts get better loot? RNG should be equal between accounts.

Because

It’s Random.

Example: If you have two accounts, and both attempt to get loot that has a 5% chance to drop.

Account A – Does Silverwastes Vinewrath 50 times and gets a Beta Portal Drop.

Account B – Does Silverwastes Vinewrath the first time and gets a Beta Portal Drop.

Conclusion: Account B is not luckier than Account A. It’s simply RNG was favorable at that moment.

Edit – The problem here is that you’ll think Account B is eternally more lucky. This is where the bias comes in.

(edited by Smooth Penguin.5294)

Chuck.8196

How does that explain why new younger accounts get better loot? RNG should be equal between accounts.

Because

It’s Random.

Example: If you have two accounts, and both attempt to get loot that has a 5% chance to drop.

Account A – Does Silverwastes Vinewrath 50 times and gets a Beta Portal Drop.

Account B – Does Siverwastes Vinewrath the first time and gets a Beta Portal Drop.

Conclusion: Account B is not luckier than Account A. It’s simply RNG was favorable at that moment.

okay but is there a huge age difference between Account A and Account B?
I bet B is new and A is older. I bet B wasnlt played for a long time.
These two things are the commonality shared with every person who has experienced this. RNG is RNG but when its being subjective to selective choice based off age and time played, it is longer RANDOM. items 1-1000 and rolling out of 1000 is much more random than than going well hes this years old so lets make it 200-900, and he has this many hours so now its 300-800, oh and hes killed this many so 400-700. THAT IS NOT RANDOM that is making selected choices from predetermined selection.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

How does that explain why new younger accounts get better loot?

It doesn’t because they don’t. Yes, there are younger accounts that get better loot as old accounts. Just as there are old accounts that get better loot than new accounts. All that proves is that some players (players, not accounts or characters) are more lucky than others. Or at least that they were more lucky in that observed time.
It’s just that you notice new accounts with good drops more but old accounts with good drops tend to get ignored.

Basically, a 1k AP account that drops dusk in your presence will be noticed, but a 15k account that drops it will get passed on as “lucky, but not something to dwell on for more than a minute”. Thus, after a month you will remember that all the lucky accounts you have noticed were young (the old ones will get forgotten by then).

You bet. This doesn’t make that true however.

These two things are the commonality shared with every person who has experienced this.

Tautology. Yes, every person that had the same experience will share the same commonality of experience. What you seem to ignore is that there are people that will not have the same experience, or will have an opposite one.
Unless you are claiming that always the account with the better drops is a younger one – but that would be a lie.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Chuck.8196

How does that explain why new younger accounts get better loot?

It doesn’t because they don’t. Yes, there are younger accounts that get better loot as old accounts. Just as there are old accounts that get better loot than new accounts. All that proves is that some players (players, not accounts or characters) are more lucky than others. Or at least that they were more lucky in that observed time.

it does make it true if every player who complains of this has the exact same answer.

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

i can concur here, someone with an account just a year old has s much good loot that it scares me, i on the other hand have the worst luck.
he had a precursor drop, plenty of 30+ gold worth weapons and even got plenty of good materials worth plenty.
me?
i never ever got a weapon worth more then 3 gold and that 3 gold only happened ONES, so also no precursor or anything that can boost my gold wallet.

i can certainly say that i have an account plagued with horrible drops, it’s so bad it’s not even funny.

Astralporing.1957

it does make it true if every player who complains of this has the exact same answer.

…no, that doesn’t mean it at all. All that means is that every person who complains about it complains about it. You seem to ignore that not every player does share that experience however. You especially seem to ignore that there are players with exactly opposite experience (seeing old accounts get way better drops than young ones).

Actions, not words.

Just a flesh wound.3589

…no, that doesn’t mean it at all. All that means is that every person who complains about it complains about it. You seem to ignore that not every player does share that experience however. You especially seem to ignore that there are players with exactly opposite experience (seeing old accounts get way better drops than young ones).

Or ignore cases like mine, where an old account and a brand new account don’t have different drops, even when played on similar content and on similar level characters.

ANet may give it to you.

Chuck.8196

Can’t ignore what doesn’t exist. Every player that I’ve spoken with does share this experience. I don’t ask " Is your new account better loot than you old?" It’s “Any difference in loot?” it’s always yes the newer is better. Never once has anyone ever said “My main gets better loot”. The fact they all have answered the same two questions with the exactly same answer…

Or ignore cases like mine, where an old account and a brand new account don’t have different drops, even when played on similar content and on similar level characters.

can you provide proof they get equal and the exact same loot?

(edited by Chuck.8196)

Astralporing.1957

Can’t ignore what doesn’t exist. Every player that I’ve spoken with does share this experience.

I don’t. Nor does Just a flesh wound. (which we have already stated in this thread). Yet for some reason you seem to think our experience either doesn’t count or doesn’t exist (perhaps, because it doesn’t fit your cute theory). If you were to look around more closely, you’d find more people like that. You just aren’t looking.

Actions, not words.

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Wouldn’t it be nice if this was treated similar to the Pvp matching case. The posters there that have expressed concerns have repeatedly had devs check their data and respond. The matching algorithm is out in the open and the devs work with posters to explain how things are working. There’s an actual ongoing dialog.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Posted by: geekanerd.4123

geekanerd.4123

Can’t ignore what doesn’t exist. Every player that I’ve spoken with does share this experience. I don’t ask " Is your new account better loot than you old?" It’s “Any difference in loot?” it’s always yes the newer is better. Never once has anyone ever said “My main gets better loot”. The fact they all have answered the same two questions with the exactly same answer…

Anecdotal evidence. Tastes great with crackers, little good for anything else. But since we’re traveling down that road, let me hop on the train going the opposite direction. I have three Guild Wars 2 accounts. One with 5,645 hours, one with 850 hours, and an infant account with 98 hours. I’ve gotten 2 precursors on my main account. I rarely even get exotics on my other accounts. Therefor, I postulate that older accounts are luckier than new accounts, based on my experience. Everyone I’ve talked to agrees with me.

Or it’s just that RNG doesn’t care when you made your account, it just rolls the way it rolls. Yeah, that sounds somewhat more likely.

[DIE] – FA
“Is it uplevel ranger season yet?”

Essence Snow.3194

Anecdotal evidence. Tastes great with crackers, little good for anything else. But since we’re traveling down that road, let me hop on the train going the opposite direction. I have three Guild Wars 2 accounts. One with 5,645 hours, one with 850 hours, and an infant account with 98 hours. I’ve gotten 2 precursors on my main account. I rarely even get exotics on my other accounts. Therefor, I postulate that older accounts are luckier than new accounts, based on my experience. Everyone I’ve talked to agrees with me.

Or it’s just that RNG doesn’t care when you made your account, it just rolls the way it rolls. Yeah, that sounds somewhat more likely.

It’s logical that a more played account will have more/better drops than a newer account by virtue of rolling the dice more. There really isn’t anything to question there about luck as a general observance.

The reverse does not share that logic.

That aside…the thread as created is not just about old verses new accounts. It focuses more on trends over time because the over time bit matters.

(edited by Essence Snow.3194)

Posted by: John.8507

John.8507

Now some accounts being randomly sent heroic chests. More evidence of luckier accounts?

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

The ego trip is strong here. again there’s no reason for Anet not to investigate this as well as DR. They said they did in the past sure. Meanwhile there’s lot of people get random heroic chest(s) mailed to them for no apparent reason ie bug. Maybe just maybe, DR or RNG is bugged. We’re people always getting these random chests? Nope. So it’s entirely possible that RNG/DR is buggd now when it wasn’t in the past. There’s no point in arguing against having Anet look into this.

Fact: DR is possibly bugged (or maybe has intentional overarching effects to accounts/characters) or/and RNG is possibly bugged. There is nothing wrong with asking Anet to look into it.

Why such opposition into having Anet look into this?

(edited by Andraus.3874)

Chuck.8196

@SnowEssence
the topic of the thread is….

Except that hundreds of players all see the same pattern. 2 or 3 people out of countless of complaints on forums just means you haven’t experienced YET what too many others are complaining about. You admit to having no idea and not experiencing it but are positive and content with your answer of “RNG”. just becasue you’re told something, doesn’t make it true.

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

Is it possible that the grandfathering of the newer Magic Find system was bugged and new accounts are not affected by it.

Or perhaps the bug is on the new account side and they are getting positive benifits.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

Just a flesh wound.3589

Not equal and exact but similar over time over similar content and similar level chars.
However, does Essence Snow need to prove what he says? Do you need to prove what you say? He has said no, you haven’t answered. If you want to set up something for both your accounts and my accounts, we can give it a try. Or we can use the method I suggested to Essence Snow earlier in this thread.

ANet may give it to you.

Astralporing.1957

It’s logical that a more played account will have more/better drops than a newer account by virtue of rolling the dice more.

In the same timeframe?

That aside…the thread as created is not just about old verses new accounts. It focuses more on trends over time because the over time bit matters.

…considering, that there were massive changes to drop rates both gamewide and for specific locations and/or items over time, comparing drops from 2 years ago with drops now really has no sense (besides realizing the obvious fact that they have changed).

Actions, not words.

Chuck.8196

Not equal and exact but similar over time over similar content and similar level chars.
However, does Essence Snow need to prove what he says? Do you need to prove what you say? He has said no, you haven’t answered. If you want to set up something for both your accounts and my accounts, we can give it a try.

EDIT: I have 4 accounts they all experience this.

(edited by Chuck.8196)

Essence Snow.3194

Is it possible that the grandfathering of the newer Magic Find system was bugged and new accounts are not affected by it.

Or perhaps the bug is on the new account side and they are getting positive benifits.

There are all sorts of possibilities. That’s the reason I focused the thread on “loot” and not “rng”. Rng could be working flawlessly for all we know, but when acted upon by other variables in the “loot” algorithm the outcome (loot) becomes unexpected.

Now I don’t think unchecked (<key word)working rng has any place in a game either, but that’s not really the focus of this thread.

(edited by Essence Snow.3194)

Just a flesh wound.3589

However, does Essence Snow need to prove what he says? Do you need to prove what you say? He has said no, you haven’t answered. If you want to set up something for both your accounts and my accounts, we can give it a try.

I’m going to assume you mean that no, you won’t do anything to prove your claim that one of your accounts gets better drops than the other. Ok.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

There are all sorts of possibilities. That’s the reason I focused the thread on “loot” and not “rng”. Rng could be working flawlessly for all we know, but when acted upon by other variables in the “loot” algorithm the outcome (loot) becomes unexpected.

Or DR or a hundred other things which is why it is so hard to test on a large scale. And only having a couple accounts show there is a problem means nothing statistically no matter how much some people argue that you should have done some work before hand. I can’t believe the same people are still argueing against Anet looking into this. I’m going to keep asking this

Why is it such a problem for these consistent dissenters for having Anet look into this? Please we are all wondering why you are still posting here. You’ve made you’re points but there is no reason for them not to look into it.

I swear if you use the argument they already looked into it…. While there is a random chest mail bug… You’re obvious ego trip will start showing.

Posted by: geekanerd.4123

geekanerd.4123

Except that hundreds of players all see the same pattern. 2 or 3 people out of countless of complaints on forums just means you haven’t experienced YET what too many others are complaining about. You admit to having no idea and not experiencing it but are positive and content with your answer of “RNG”. just becasue you’re told something, doesn’t make it true.

Hundreds? Me thinks we are figuratively inflating the people complaining in this thread. Is there a strawpoll somewhere? Some sort of hard data that corroborates what all these ‘hundreds’ of people are saying? Statistics? Analysis of those statistics that isn’t just people saying that their luck sucks and then adding that a bunch of people agree with them? Yeah, hum. Not seeing it.

That said, you’re certainly right about the last sentence, but I find the irony in it a little funny. Just because a handful of people told me on the forums that their new accounts get better drops than their old ones, doesn’t mean that some accounts are ‘luckier’ than others. Just means that RNG is working. And this isn’t an argument that RNG is a great system, or even a good system, or that awards might could be more fair across the board. But I’m not on board with the idea that some accounts are secretly flagged, intended or no. Thanks, but no thanks, to that kool aid.

Anyway, this whole thread is like teaching algebra to a brick wall.

[DIE] – FA
“Is it uplevel ranger season yet?”

Smooth Penguin.5294

Except that hundreds of players all see the same pattern. 2 or 3 people out of countless of complaints on forums just means you haven’t experienced YET what too many others are complaining about.

I have two accounts that I play on daily. My main has had a lot of Precursor drops. My “newer” alt account has yet to see a Precursor drop. According to you and the “hundreds” of others, I should be getting a ton of stuff on my newer account, and less on my main. Am I the exception to your facts?

Chuck.8196

I’m going to assume you mean that no, you won’t do anything to prove your claim that one of your accounts gets better drops than the other. Ok.

nah because with another person there are too many variables. i cant ensure your’re doing exactly what i’m doing at the exact same time with both accounts and the exact same place with the exact same dps with exact same magic find.. because that’s how you want to collect data and that is impossible. to do. Where as simply colelcting already provided data that isn’t exact decimal value wouldn’t be sufficient enoug for you, would it?

Chuck.8196

as for my number
Oh and hundred is an estimate rounded down. it’s probably much more than that. im only taking account those who’ve posted on forums over the almost 3 years.