krixis.9538

as it is " just a weapon" you dont need it do you

Desolation EU
Fractal lvl 80 – 126 AR

2700gold , You're kidding bro?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Oniyui.8279

Oniyui.8279

I used to think legendaries were way overpriced too, until I learned about the material costs that go into them. It’s a hell of a farm.

TBH though they’d probably make profit quicker just selling to the highest bidder and converting to gems, watching their investment grow through gem inflation. Then again, the market could always turn…

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

It’s called supply and demand.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supply_and_demand
In microeconomics, supply and demand is an economic model of price determination in a market. It concludes that in a competitive market, the unit price for a particular good will vary until it settles at a point where the quantity demanded by consumers (at current price) will equal the quantity supplied by producers (at current price), resulting in an economic equilibrium for price and quantity.

The four basic laws of supply and demand are:

1. If demand increases and supply remains unchanged, a shortage occurs, leading to a higher equilibrium price.
  2. If demand decreases and supply remains unchanged, a surplus occurs, leading to a lower equilibrium price.
  3. If demand remains unchanged and supply increases, a surplus occurs, leading to a lower equilibrium price.
  4. If demand remains unchanged and supply decreases, a shortage occurs, leading to a higher equilibrium price.

Many people in the game have played for a year or more. They no longer need basic gear and are going for vanity items, which this is. They also have more gold than they need (and a fully geared level 80 doesn’t need a lot of gold in PvE). Basic economics will tell you that vanity item prices will increase in this situation.

The price is high because it’s both a vanity item and labor intensive. If you were selling one, would you underprice it?

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Posted by: EgonVenkman.1907

EgonVenkman.1907

Supply and Demand to a degree, a variety of factors outside of this keep the price artificially high.

As for gem inflation plan, unlikely that the market will turn south. It is in Anet’s best financial interest to increase the Gem to Gold ratio as that will take more money away from gold sellers. Outside of very large bulk purchases ($100+), the Gem to Gold Ratio is getting very close matching gold sellers. Why spend $10 on site A and risk getting banned when you get almost the same amount from Anet directly?

Colin Johanson: "Everyone, including casual gamers,
by level 80 should have the best statistical loot in the game.”
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-27-guild-wars-2-preview?page=3

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

Supply and Demand to a degree, a variety of factors outside of this keep the price artificially high.

As for gem inflation plan, unlikely that the market will turn south. It is in Anet’s best financial interest to increase the Gem to Gold ratio as that will take more money away from gold sellers. Outside of very large bulk purchases ($100+), the Gem to Gold Ratio is getting very close matching gold sellers. Why spend $10 on site A and risk getting banned when you get almost the same amount from Anet directly?

Good. If people are willing to buy Gems to convert to Gold to buy legendaries, we should cater to them since it’s a win-win-win: Anet makes real $, gem/gold ratio decreases for people like me who spend gold to buy gems, and the transaction of the Legendary will sink gold out of the economy.

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

Yea 2500g is ok but 2700g is not ok . Why keep rising it ? It’s ridiculous , its going to be 4000g in a month then .

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Good. If people are willing to buy Gems to convert to Gold to buy legendaries, we should cater to them since it’s a win-win-win: Anet makes real $, gem/gold ratio decreases for people like me who spend gold to buy gems, and the transaction of the Legendary will sink gold out of the economy.

The transaction of the legendary would not sink gold out of the economy, since it still remains in the system but it just changed hands. However, people using gold to purchase gems will sink gold out, since there’s a tax of about 30% for the gems exchange (if you buy gems with gold, then sell the gems right away, you’ll end up with about 30% less gold).

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: JMar.3254

JMar.3254

To the twilight sellers , please don’t force me to do the map completion, it takes forever and it’s dull . In a week it’s gonna be 3k or something ? Don’t be so greedy , it’s just a weapon ….

Oh come a t s e… I know what you’re doing.

Uncalled for.

You get nothing! You lose, good day sir!

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

The transaction of the legendary would not sink gold out of the economy, since it still remains in the system but it just changed hands. However, people using gold to purchase gems will sink gold out, since there’s a tax of about 30% for the gems exchange (if you buy gems with gold, then sell the gems right away, you’ll end up with about 30% less gold).

Technically false, since there is a listing fee and a % of the cost taken by the Trading Post after the sale. I think it’s a total of 10% so a 2700g item would actually sink 270g from the game.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: Clockwork Bard.3105

Clockwork Bard.3105

Yeah, as long as the gem store keeps churning out homerun shinies, the ratio is sure to climb. Everytime a new hotness comes out, it spikes as people cash in their gold for gems. The flip side of the population without the gold just converts cash to gems and never counters the trend.

While gold is always in demand, there’s just rarely a significant spike in demand population-wide. There’s never a limited time offer that costs 100 gold and you’d better cash in your gems now because it’s gone next week. There are no spikes in gold consumption that match the gem buying surges. That is undoubtedly by design.

About the only major inflation counter is from people trying to make a few coins off of the ratio-spikes. But due to the sizable value lost in conversion, they’ll only punch it down for as long as there’s a profit in it, and so gem-grab spikes always leave residual inflation.

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

If you are that concerned with gold do the pve stuff needed to complete you legendary and save 1000g.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Every TP sale takes 15% of the transaction as “tax” which is money that is deleted from the ecnomy. on a sale of 2700g this tax is 405g, quite a hefty amount.

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

Yea 2500g is ok but 2700g is not ok . Why keep rising it ? It’s ridiculous , its going to be 4000g in a month then .

Because people are still going to buy it.

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

The transaction of the legendary would not sink gold out of the economy, since it still remains in the system but it just changed hands.

For every transaction in the TP, a 15% tax is removed. A 2700G legendary being purchased would mean 405G got removed from the economy.

Posted by: Maria Murtor.7253

Maria Murtor.7253

To the twilight sellers , please don’t force me to do the map completion, it takes forever and it’s dull . In a week it’s gonna be 3k or something ? Don’t be so greedy , it’s just a weapon ….

You want one? It’s really not that hard, even the WvW-Part (I’m on Drakkar-Lake, an underperforming european server). Every day a little bit … no great effort.

Attachments:

Guild Wars 2 – Musicvideo: Claws and Steel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghA_efMiWkg

(edited by Maria Murtor.7253)

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Weren’t you the one advocating no rewards without the proper effort in several topics? Well, doing map completion is a part of a proper effort for getting Legendary. Learn to live with it – it’s not that hard.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

You think that’s bad?

Ferraris are even more overpriced.

They shouldn’t be so greedy, it’s only a car. No fair!

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

You want one? It’s really not that hard, even the WvW-Part (I’m on Drakkar-Lake, an underperforming european server). Every day a little bit … no great effort.

Wait… 32 Gifts??? 16 total characters that covered every square inch of the map?

I’m so jelly. You sir win the internets.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Their weapons – their price.
Make your own – or buy it. But if you buy it you’ll have to accept their prices.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: neko.9028

neko.9028

It is in their best interest yet they can’t even compete with gold sellers. It is almost if not half the price to purchase the same amount of gold through a seller than ANet making many people chose the illegal way as gems to gold will leave you feeling only scammed.

mehh

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

16 toons? I have 9 and hate myself.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I’m working on my third legendary weapon and my third and fourth map complete.

I don’t run out to complete the map all at once. I just do stuff in different zones, until they’re almost complete, and then do the last couple of things I need. It’s a whole lot less like grind that way.

As for prices…I’m guessing they’re bound to come down sooner or later, if you’re willing to wait. The precusor journals are likely to come out sooner rather than later.

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

16 toons? I have 9 and hate myself.

LOL… ya, IKR??? Feeling that. I have 3 and I keep making and deleting new ones because the thought of world completion on more than that makes me want to vomit. In fact, one of my 3 has only left Queensdale to make it to FGS for champ farming and WvW. 2% left on my ONE character that I’m actually trying to get world completion on.

That person with 16 world completions needs a new title and some HUGE reward…. like… HUGE.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

What I want to ask is what do you want to do about it?

Cap the maximum posting prices on Twilight to 2k (or whatever you deem appropriate)? Then no one would sell it.

Anet adding a bunch of Twilights unto the TP at lower prices? I can see the complaint threads already.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Map completion (at least after doing it once) is the most boring task I can imagine in this game, so the price is justified.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

I have bought quite a lot of gems in the past and converted to gold but never,ever would I have even considered buying a legendary with that gold. In fact, I bought my precursor for 30g and still took nearly 12 months to craft it. Buying a legendary purely from RMT-Gem-gold would cost around the $400-500 mark, that’s a months worth of groceries for a small family in my country. I’m not saying that people don’t do this, but either they have plenty of money to throw around or they are living off bread and water.

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

yeah..OP it is just a weapon with just another skin…. you don’t need it…

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

It costs 1800g to craft Incinerator on top of the gifts and non-gold farming things. It will be my second legendary, and to be honest I’m contemplating just farming the gold, which would cost me only 300 more to buy that day rather than await a buy order.

Posted by: Seveleniumus.5973

Seveleniumus.5973

Well, it costs about just as much to craft and this is if you’re using optimal crafting methods, as prices for materials rise via inflation, so does the prices of legendaries.

Posted by: RainbowSyrup.4130

RainbowSyrup.4130

‘’map completion takes forever and its dull’’ so exactly why shouldn’t the people who took their time doing it get to sell their legendaries for a nice profit?

IMO a gift of exploration is worth more than any of the other gifts, because you have to actually work hard to earn it. I wish all legendary components required hard work, and I also wish legendaries were account bound so you can’t just drop some cash on the game and buy one.

’’I’m sad hanar can’t wear sweaters’’
-Grunt

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Making it the way you’re supposed to is probably way more effort than buying it. They can ask for whatever price they want.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Shufflepants.9785

Shufflepants.9785

And in a year, it’ll be 14,300g!
http://xkcd.com/605/

Posted by: LinkR.6190

LinkR.6190

Supply and demand. The demand outweighs the supply and so the price will remain high. Welcome to the world of economics.

Posted by: STRanger.5120

STRanger.5120

Map completion is the easiest thing to do when you want a legendary, have it with 2 characters without any problems and the bright side of it is clear, you learn where the things are in the world, good knowledge

#ELEtism 4ever

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

Don’t be so skinflint: gold is just a number!

;-)

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

the map complete part is soooo boring:

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

I’d recommend a prevention of addiction, this is just nuts.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

I would gladly pay 2k just to not have to get map completion. I got 1.6k hours on the game and map completion is no where near being close to finish. It is the single most tedious thing to do in the game.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Posted by: STRanger.5120

STRanger.5120

I would gladly pay 2k just to not have to get map completion. I got 1.6k hours on the game and map completion is no where near being close to finish. It is the single most tedious thing to do in the game.

Well, maybe for you, I enjoed it both times I’ve done it Another proffesion, another method Good times back then

#ELEtism 4ever

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

Well, maybe for you, I enjoed it both times I’ve done it Another proffesion, another method Good times back then

My wife is the same, she has completed hers 5 times already. She keeps telling me that it isn’t that bad to do but I can’t seem to get through a heart or two before I get bored out of my mind.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

I think its sad you can even sell legendary weapon. What’s the point in a unique skin if you can sell it? Even if the price was at 4k, the fact that it has a price tag is kitten enough.
Where is the adventure when making a legendary?
Where are the multiple legendary skins per weapon? I see GS got 3, seems that the art team loves them great swords. I want to be a unique butterfly, not part of these mainstream skins.

I want a legendary, the fact that it will always be the highest tier(not above the highest tier) and can have its stats changed at any time is quite rewarding. I just don’t want to burn myself out grinding for a skin hundreds of people already have, and what if I don’t like the skin? Transmute? Kinda defeats the purpose. It’s been over a year, where are the new legendary skins?

They could use event items (not living story event, don’t make it THAT exclusive), could use a drop from a guild mission, could use a drop from specific wvw encounters (SM), could use something from fractals (relics, shards/etc), could use something account bound from a specific boss either in open world or a dungeon with a moderate chance to drop, anything. The only “adventure” is map completion and although its nice to explore, the running and the heart completing was boring. Most fun I had was the mini dungeons and some hidden events like the one in brisban dealing with the white mantle.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

(edited by NinjaEd.3946)

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

I see what you did there atse

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

I see what you did there atse

You mean state the truth? :P
Legendaries are a joke.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

it’s called capitalism

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

The mat requirements are a lot but they don’t account for those prices. The pre-cursor is the hardest to get and most expensive. Everything else you can obtain relatively easy if you actually seek it out. If you are like me and don’t do really any gold grinding: I make maybe 10-15g/week, then just pick what your minimum gold threshold is (mine is 100g, I don’t ever want to go under 100g in my bag), and then anything over 100g spend on T6 mats/lodestones, etc. It will be slow going but it is guaranteed progress. Ori you can grind on your own, so don’t waste money on that, but T6 mats, those are very difficult to farm, so I just buy them when I get the money to do so.

I also set aside $20/mo to spend on gem store to support the game. Not everyone can do this, I understand that, but if you can afford it, I say go for it. Each month I take a look to see if there are any skins or items that interest me, then I will buy them. Anything left over I convert to gold because gem to gold rate right now is pretty sweet.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Yeah the complaining about legendarily is embarrassing. OMG, it takes effort to acquire one of the rarest items in the game? What lunacy is this??

Do you complain about Rolls Royce prices not dropping for your personal convenience in real life too?

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

I also set aside $20/mo to spend on gem store to support the game. Not everyone can do this, I understand that, but if you can afford it, I say go for it. Each month I take a look to see if there are any skins or items that interest me, then I will buy them. Anything left over I convert to gold because gem to gold rate right now is pretty sweet.

I had considered something similar, but since I started playing ANet has done a few things to really kitten me off and I just can’t bring myself to spend more “real” money. I enjoy the game and support it and my guild through playing, but will not sink more money in to it.

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

It keeps getting “raised” due to supply and demand, as has been pointed out. Basic economics. If you don’t like it, don’t buy it, that simple.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

My wife is the same, she has completed hers 5 times already. She keeps telling me that it isn’t that bad to do but I can’t seem to get through a heart or two before I get bored out of my mind.

Well I guess you can say there is a bit of trick to them I guess. In many cases there are ways to complete them very quickly. In most cases you can murder your way through. In others you can just move around and just spam F a few times. What this means is that every heart is a mini puzzle and after the first time every heart is a solved puzzle already and you an breeze through them very quickly.