30 mins of killing - profession specific loot

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SKATE.1394

SKATE.1394

I consumed a chocolate cherry on a level 80 character and spent all 30 minutes of its duration killing everything I came across in a level 80 zone with no stops for mining or anything else.

Here are the results in screenshot form. Don’t be afraid to try for yourself and post your results.

Edit: Forgot to include my rares: 1 rare rifle, 1 rare mace, 1 rare scepter

Attachments:

(edited by SKATE.1394)

SKATE.1394

Same process, same area, same mobs, different character. See if you can guess which classes I was playing based on these results.

Attachments:

(edited by SKATE.1394)

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

See if you can guess which classes I was playing

55 Monk?

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Posted by: lakdav.3694

lakdav.3694

If everything works as intended, the first i would guess to be engineer (medium armor, shield and rifle), the second a warrior (heavy armor, martial weapons, no scepter or staff or focus).

PS: Would be more challenging if you didnt sort it accordingly.

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

I was supposed to be barely noticeable… This is a massive shift towards leather on medium classes, unless RNG played a weird trick on you… In general, this is bad. Really bad.

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

SKATE.1394

Yeah, I originally had the classes I used posted, but decided to edit it out and see if people could guess just to be cynical. And you’re correct, engineer for the first session, warrior for the second.

Remember when they said profession specific loot wouldn’t be noticeable? This is beyond blatantly obvious which weights were used, and fairly easy to tell which specific profession was used as well.

This is not good for the balance of the economy.

I also urge others to give it a shot and post their results just to show this isn’t some coincidental fluke or me pulling strings. Aim for roughly the same number of equipment drops, materials etc. don’t need to be included, time spent playing doesn’t matter.

(edited by SKATE.1394)

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

Two thumbs down on profession based loot at 80.

Please let us turn it off for characters that are level 80.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

lakdav.3694

I dont quite get the rage against this feature. Im completely indifferent about it. What is so bad about it being prof-specific on lvl80 and how does that effect the economy of the game so badly?

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

Yeah, I originally had the classes I used posted, but decided to edit it out and see if people could guess just to be cynical. And you’re correct, engineer for the first session, warrior for the second.

Remember when they said profession specific loot wouldn’t be noticeable? This is beyond blatantly obvious which weights were used, and fairly easy to tell which specific profession was used as well.

This is not good for the balance of the economy.

well its kind of obvious they wouldnt make a change that has no effect, otherwise it wouldnt be a change. They basically always want to take a wait and see approach. Sometimes it really irks me how the team is so opposed to logical/reasonable/predictive behavior. Its like they never beleive anyone can know anything by understanding the variables.

Asmodeus.5782

I dont quite get the rage against this feature. Im completely indifferent about it. What is so bad about it being prof-specific on lvl80 and how does that effect the economy of the game so badly?

Leather is almost worthless.
Silk is really pricey.

Light classes > medium classes

And to be precise, the best farming class now would be mesmer, to also have a chance for the best (GS) precursor material.

William S. Burroughs

(edited by Asmodeus.5782)

Posted by: sazberryftw.3809

sazberryftw.3809

Silk scraps are the most expensive out of it’s T5 other weight equivalents (mithril and thick leather sections). Silk is used in the crafting of all armour weights for ascended armour. Therefore, it is the most in-demand T5 material out of the three.

Silk scraps come from light armours. With profession-specific loot at level 80, light armoured classes are much more likely to get light armour – and therefore silk. It is economically beneficial to play a light armoured class in this case.

If silk was only required for ascended light armour, then the price difference between it and leather/mithril would probably be smaller, and this would be less of an issue or no issue at all.

There is no need for profession specific loot at level 80, as you never have any intention to wear blue or green armour at level 80.

| Lithia |

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

It won’t affect the economy all that much. What it does affect is how much loot (or more specifically, the value of the loot) that you individually are getting, depending purely on your class.

phys.7689

Silk is really pricey.

And to be precise, the best farming class now would be mesmer, to also have a chance for the best (GS) precursor material.

unfortunately no, mesmer is one of the slowest classes to claim, they simply cannot compete in terms of claiming monsters. most of their skills are single target, and slow to hit.
if you had a pack of say 10-15 people mesmer can do alright, but 20+ they arent making enough claims to capitalize on their loot.

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Silk is really pricey.

Mesmer would still be bad for farming purposes even if it has swords, staves and GS as available loot simply because they can’t tag anywhere near as much necros or elementalists.

Asmodeus.5782

I mostly roam, avoiding zergs. Zergs are kitten. ;P

William S. Burroughs

phys.7689

basically engineer is the worst class to play in terms of generic loot.
Pistols, rifles, and leather gear is the lowest of the low in value.

Posted by: Varakkys.2490

Varakkys.2490

I’m pretty sure I still get way more leather and metal than cloth armour on my necro. Certainly nothing like the balance ratios the OP exhibits.

lakdav.3694

But if one can get a specific material more reliably because of the class they play/farm with, wouldnt that reduce the demand for that material on the TP for those who want to get it while keeping the rest relatively on the same level as before? Wouldnt that practicly be a balancing aspect in the “leather=worthless – silk=new black gold” equation?

Asmodeus.5782

Not so, because the demand for silk will still be considerably higher than for leathers. A huge chunk of population would have to shift permanently to make it somewhat equal.

William S. Burroughs

phys.7689

But if one can get a specific material more reliably because of the class they play/farm with, wouldnt that reduce the demand for that material on the TP for those who want to get it while keeping the rest relatively on the same level as before? Wouldnt that practicly be a balancing aspect in the “leather=worthless – silk=new black gold” equation?

In the long term it COULD be a balancing factor, farmers will try to play the most effecient class and balance the influx of certain materials.
On the other hand, if most of the population doesnt change, it may create new scarcities.
In either case it will find a new equilibrium
But regardless kinda sucks for the common joe who has a low value spread of gear.

I wonder if it effects bags/chests/daily rewards as well though

(edited by phys.7689)

SKATE.1394

In the long term it could be a balancing factor, farmers will try to play the most effecient class and balance the influx of certain materials. But it kinda sucks for the common joe who has a low value spread of gear.

See my other posts for the results of me recently opening 823 champ bags. The results there are very, very different from what I’ve experienced with the open world trash mob farming here in this thread. I’ve been spending most of my time recently in Fractals of the Mists where I dump all my loot after each run, not paying much attention to what’s what, but more whether something should be sold to merchant or listed on the TP. I list/sell/salvage everything like I’m on autopilot. I will now be paying more attention to what I receive from trash mobs in instances, but I can say that chest loot seems to be unaffected.

It wasn’t until now that I decided to pay close to attention to what was dropping out in the open world, and the results honestly surprised me. I speculated profession specific bias could be in effect in the 10-12% range in my thread on champ bags, the results here pretty much prove that loot containers are largely unaffected, while open world mobs are showing an extreme level of profession specific bias, at least in the zone I was in.

(edited by SKATE.1394)

phys.7689

In the long term it could be a balancing factor, farmers will try to play the most effecient class and balance the influx of certain materials. But it kinda sucks for the common joe who has a low value spread of gear.

See my other posts for the results of me recently opening 823 champ bags. The results there are very, very different from what I’ve experienced with the open world trash mob farming here in this thread. I’ve been spending most of my time recently in Fractals of the Mists where I dump all my loot after each run, not paying much attention to what’s what, but more whether something should be sold to merchant or listed on the TP. I list/sell/salvage everything like I’m on autopilot. I will now be paying more attention to what I receive from trash mobs in instances, but I can say that chest loot seems to be unaffected.

It wasn’t until now that I decided to pay close to attention to what was dropping out in the open world, and the results honestly surprised me. I speculated profession specific bias could be in effect in the 10-12% range in my thread on champ bags, the results here pretty much prove that loot containers are largely unaffected, while open world mobs are showing an extreme level of profession specific bias, at least in the zone I was in.

yeah thats what i figured. So EOTM/champ train style farming is only moderately effected, but event monster hunting and lone player killing of monsters is highly effected.

lakdav.3694

So the common joe while getting the usual materials for their played classes via trash-mob loot, they still get access to other materials via champion bags. I dont know, but this sounds good enough to me…

Asmodeus.5782

Trash mobs are a lot larger group than champions, the imbalance here is too large to even discuss. Besides, not everyone’s in this game is a champ-hunting farmer. I like to solo an odd champ here and there or do a temple, but… I’d never join a regular farm.This change is just a kick in the balls for the only profession I’ve maxed twice, engi.

William S. Burroughs

Posted by: Syzygy.5031

Syzygy.5031

I’m pretty sure I still get way more leather and metal than cloth armour on my necro. Certainly nothing like the balance ratios the OP exhibits.

You wouldn’t. Necro profession loot is bugged: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Necro-loot-drops-are-bugged

I get mostly leather on my necro, which sucks as it’s my main WvW class and favourite for aoe farming.

For single target I prefer my thief, which now of course, also gets mostly leather. So no more nipping over to Sparkfly Fen and farming linen for 30 mins on that either.

Profession favouring loot is horrible. Doubly so at endgame. Even when levelling an alt I’m seeking light I can salvage, rather than worthless leather. 1 piece of linen can buy me 100 pieces of leather.

Frankly, it’s game breaking and needs to go.

(edited by Syzygy.5031)

lakdav.3694

Trash mobs are a lot larger group than champions, the imbalance here is too large to even discuss. Besides, not everyone’s in this game is a champ-hunting farmer. I like to solo an odd champ here and there or do a temple, but… I’d never join a regular farm.This change is just a kick in the balls for the only profession I’ve maxed twice, engi.

I get it. I main an engi too, i too know how hard balls we must have to endure the major kicks we suffer on that precious region.

But a usual common joe, (at least from my limited point of view and perception of myself as a common joe) would play the game as he likes. Even in the most rudimentary days of a common joe there would be at least a few champions.

Until wanting to get ascended gear, i would think that the small amount of silk we get from the small amount of champion bag loot would cover most of our crafting needs (mostly insignias and linings, each needing one silk per piece iirc), while the much bigger amounts of trash mobs would yield a bigger amount of leather (or metal for heavies) to cover our needs for that specific material.

Only getting to the demand of Damask pieces in every weight of ascended armor is a problem here, and if i may say so, common joes dont need to get full ascended gear. I say this with an engineer main in full ascended gear (and not another character with more than a spare ascended weapon and accessory or two)…

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I’ve seen similar results on my level 49 Thief playing in Hirathi Hinterlands, but less noticeable on my other characters that mostly get loot from champ bags and chests.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Same process, same area, same mobs, different character. See if you can guess which classes I was playing based on these results.

Guardian. My second guess is Warrior.

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

I do not think that 30 minutes are in any way a representative sample for such kind of statistics. I can get 3 exotics within one 30 minute window on one char and 0 on another char; does it mean that one of my characters will always get exotics?

20 level 80s and counting.

SKATE.1394

I do not think that 30 minutes are in any way a representative sample for such kind of statistics. I can get 3 exotics within one 30 minute window on one char and 0 on another char; does it mean that one of my characters will always get exotics?

Not even gonna bother picking this post apart. Add to the discussion then, post your own results.

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

I’m finally playing my ranger more again, but now my loot is crappier. More then ever the market needs Silk injections, and less leather injections, guess what? more leather injections. And this is not a 10-20% drop shift (small). This is like 30-50% shift in drops. My ele clearly gets more light armor out of cof run, then my ranger. Even champ bags opening, has similar result (also affected it seems).

With the 3 silver silk, 8 copper leather, this drop dividing is becoming unfair. The only way this could work, is remove Bolt of damask requirement from medium armor. Cause then all the more leather you get, while still crappy drop, are at least is usefull for the profession (to make ascended armor). Now it’s both trash loot and useless (you need damask more, or silk rather).

There’s a lot of daily rituals i have that involve getting armor drops. Since i do them daily, know exactly what to salvage and what not, I have a kitten good grasp of drops in general. And lemme tell you: the drops shifted with profession loot. Quite a lot. All of these daily rituals shifted towards more medium drops, unless I play my Ele.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

(edited by Phoebe Ascension.8437)

phys.7689

you have a point in theory, but in reality it is inline with the design intentions of the last patch. A change that was unnoticeable would serve no purpose in their intentions.
While his data may be slightly off, its highly likely it closer to accurate than it is not.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

No because the classes that will get less silk still have a demand for it . More classes are having their silk drop rates reduced than are having them increased.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

The reason light materials are more expensive than the others is because all weights of all tiers use light materials. Jute, wool, cotton, linen, silk and gossamer are used in the creation of all armor types in the game. However when you salvage the armor you only get one type of material, here is the main problem.

Maybe (a big maybe) the change to affect levels 80 was implemented to “force” players in using light armor character when they farm to produce more Silk. Of course, such a big change should’ve been known to the players, if all farmers know this they will only farm with light armor classes, so in the long run everyone will profit, more Silk, less prices. I won’t rule out that this was intentional.

However, a far easier way of solving the Silk issue is by allowing all items in the game to drop materials that were used in their creation and not tie an item type to a specific material. A Medium coat would salvage into both Leather AND Silk, a Hammer would salvage into both Wood and Iron and so on.

There, simple way to solve the issue with Tailor materials being so rare.

phys.7689

The reason light materials are more expensive than the others is because all weights of all tiers use light materials. Jute, wool, cotton, linen, silk and gossamer are used in the creation of all armor types in the game. However when you salvage the armor you only get one type of material, here is the main problem.

Maybe (a big maybe) the change to affect levels 80 was implemented to “force” players in using light armor character when they farm to produce more Silk. Of course, such a big change should’ve been known to the players, if all farmers know this they will only farm with light armor classes, so in the long run everyone will profit, more Silk, less prices. I won’t rule out that this was intentional.

However, a far easier way of solving the Silk issue is by allowing all items in the game to drop materials that were used in their creation and not tie an item type to a specific material. A Medium coat would salvage into both Leather AND Silk, a Hammer would salvage into both Wood and Iron and so on.

There, simple way to solve the issue with Tailor materials being so rare.

to be honest this was a known problem that existed when the game was new. They implemented the ascended system with the same template BUT MADE THE CLOTH REQUIREMENT EVEN WORSE. Silk eventually petered out in value due to people playing at level cap forever, and not having insame grind required to get the gear you want.

essentially the item/crafting design was poor and still is,

Posted by: Charleston Chew.1209

Charleston Chew.1209

30 minutes is nothing, not a statistical sample. Only ones crying about this change are the farmers and market flippers, none of which evoke any kind of sympathy from me. Normal casual player doesn’t notice any change, or notices positive change in drops that he can actually use.

Kill me again or take me as I am,
for I shall not change.

phys.7689

anyhow more on focus with the topic, the answer IMO, is to make players able to set thier drop bias to any proffession.
This would have the best effects of all systems.
It could balance the economy, or give people the option to get more items they can use.

no one would be pigeonheld, and people could choose what to hunt for. The supply of low value mats would go down, and high value up, based on the demand in the market.

Posted by: Tasty Pudding.3764

Tasty Pudding.3764

Nobody uses the drops they get at level 80.

Posted by: duckideva.6358

duckideva.6358

I have been leveling a ranger, and I’ve been able to make my own armor as I level up, except that now, cloth drops are so rare, I’m probably stuck and will have to buy armor, because buying leather armor is cheaper than buying the cloth part of the components I need to make it, and I’ll outlevel the cotton zones much sooner than I’ll ever have enough cotton to make the lvl 50-55 insignias.

This ranger is the one I started with the NPE, and I swear, if I didn’t have 80s already who had filled the bank with stuff, there’s no way this character would be outfitted. She makes no money from story quests and gets armor drops she can’t wear, she makes no money from salvaging anything because leather is worthless, I don’t think she’s earned enough to even buy a low level yellow weapon.

My 80 cloth wearer is a necro, so her drops are leather too. (Necro, bugged? I’m shocked…shocked.)

Cruella LaDucki: Have corpses, will travel
Torwynd Trueheart: Here I come to save the day!
NSP – Quak Resident Duchess L’Orange

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

30 minutes is nothing, not a statistical sample. Only ones crying about this change are the farmers and market flippers, none of which evoke any kind of sympathy from me. Normal casual player doesn’t notice any change, or notices positive change in drops that he can actually use.

Actually, the “normal casual player” is affected most, because they’re least likely to change to a more profitable class, and more likely to have a playstyle where gear drops make up a large percentage of their loot. They’re also the ones who find it difficult to make enough gold to get nice things.

But unless they play the right class, they’re being penalised. Think of it as an automatic “-50 Magic Find” for playing on the wrong class (number is arbitrary).

The fact that they don’t notice it doesn’t mean they aren’t suffering. Not that anyone notices it unless they actually bother to catalogue their loot. Most people only notice the quality of loot (whether they get rares or exotics).

Syzygy.5031

So no normal casual player wants ascended gear? Or does fractals?

I’m neither a tp flipper or farmer for gold – beyond some regular farming time spent trying to gather the materials needed for my first set of ascended armour.

I can’t do it on my necro as that’s bugged and favouring medium. I can’t do it on my thief as that’s getting mainly medium too. So as a normal casual player since launch I have to gear my ele so as to farm now?

What normal casual player uses the level 80 greens they get?

For levelling your first ever character I can see the attraction, as that is the only time you might want the blues and greens that drop. At 80, or on an alt, it’s nothing other than decreasing the chance to “play it your way”.

(edited by Syzygy.5031)

Posted by: Varakkys.2490

Varakkys.2490

You wouldn’t. Necro profession loot is bugged: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Necro-loot-drops-are-bugged

I get mostly leather on my necro, which sucks as it’s my main WvW class and favourite for aoe farming.

Well isn’t that just the crowning kitten on the pile? ><

Guess I’d better get levelling my ele instead…

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

My Necro and Mesmer are 80, leveling my Elem (60 atm)… stupid game now tells us which char to use… This change was so wrong….

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Asmodeus.5782

I’m actually glad I’m working 13 hours a day now with almost no time to play, the game seems to be in a terryfingly badly conducted transitional period.

William S. Burroughs

Lishtenbird.2814

you have a point in theory, but in reality it is inline with the design intentions of the last patch. A change that was unnoticeable would serve no purpose in their intentions.
While his data may be slightly off, its highly likely it closer to accurate than it is not.

1) The change was supposed to be unnoticeable:

The adjustments to the loot system are fairly subtle and the goals are that, after a certain time, your characters will effectively have more components you can use. So it may take some time for you to see a difference, or not, but it’s not going to feel like a very visible change each time you loot a mob. We want players, in particular new ones or those creating alts, to more often be able to use the items they loot directly or get something that is relevant to their profession. It does not mean that you’ll get less varied loot overall. We’ll keep monitoring the changes to kitten its affects.

Does this mean that it will affect level 80s?

Yes it will but the change will not be easily noticeable.

2) A barely noticeable change at the very minimum serves the PR purpose of “making the game friendlier” and having something nice to put in the blog about the Feature Patch.

Not even gonna bother picking this post apart. Add to the discussion then, post your own results.

I added to the discussion the most important part: the reliability of the data on which you based the whole discussion. Again, 30 minutes of killing a random amount of random mobs on most likely randomly geared classes is not a representative sample.

As our statistics professor used to quote, “There are three kinds of lies: lies, kitten ed lies, and statistics”.

P.S. I can also add that on my staff guardian I’m getting tons more loot than on my mesmer, and that I didn’t feel like I got enough profession-specific loot as drops on the warrior which I’ve been leveling for around 50 levels.

(edited by Lishtenbird.2814)

phys.7689

The adjustments to the loot system are fairly subtle and the goals are that, after a certain time, your characters will effectively have more components you can use. So it may take some time for you to see a difference, or not, but it’s not going to feel like a very visible change each time you loot a mob. We want players, in particular new ones or those creating alts, to more often be able to use the items they loot directly or get something that is relevant to their profession. It does not mean that you’ll get less varied loot overall. We’ll keep monitoring the changes to kitten its affects.

Does this mean that it will affect level 80s?

Yes it will but the change will not be easily noticeable.

2) A barely noticeable change at the very minimum serves the PR purpose of “making the game friendlier” and having something nice to put in the blog about the Feature Patch.

I added to the discussion the most important part: the reliability of the data on which you based the whole discussion. Again, 30 minutes of killing a random amount of random mobs on most likely randomly geared classes is not a representative sample.

As our statistics professor used to quote, “There are three kinds of lies: lies, kitten ed lies, and statistics”.

P.S. I can also add that on my staff guardian I’m getting tons more loot than on my mesmer, and that I didn’t feel like I got enough profession-specific loot as drops on the warrior which I’ve been leveling for around 50 levels.

Guardians tag super easily and mesmers are the worst at tagging. I said earlier in the thread mesmers will always be crappy for farming mobs in groups.

Also I’m sorry but the dev comment was meant to placate, and she uses subjective phrases that no one can challenge.

Lishtenbird.2814

Also I’m sorry but the dev comment was meant to placate, and she uses subjective phrases that no one can challenge.

We can both interpret those phrases in our own favour; you, because people needed to calm down and it was a good thing to say; me, because there’s been a lot of cases where “Completely New And Exciting!” turned out to be barely noticeable – the initial “smart” megaserver sorting as a good example, or the “increase” in ascended drops in Fractals which was statistically proven to be broken (if not a decrease), and so on. So I’ve seen enough to conclude that barely noticeable changes can really happen, even though they get a lot of attention from the PR point of view.

The only thing which can prove you or me wrong is a statistically significant sample from a trustworthy person. Which a 30 minute one is not.

Syzygy.5031

I think that’s one of the points of the thread. It may be supposed to be unnoticeable, but for me (on my seemingly bugged-loot necro main), OP and others it’s very noticeable and consistent. Perhaps there’s a bug causing it to be applied too harshly than intended etc.

Could it be a really bad run of RNG luck? Possibly, but after a few weeks of consistently more leather on my necro that seems increasingly unlikely! It’s not quite the same as waiting for the RNG lottery win of a precursor – lots of blues and green drop all the time, and the balance of the resulting materials has changed. Rather noticeably.

If I’d been getting consistently more light, as a necro should, I doubt I’d be here complaining about this new approach. I’d be quietly delighted at the extra income, not drawing attention to it on here. Necro being the class I get most loot on, after all. :p

I don’t have recorded samples of loot to be statistically adequate, nor samples from before patch to serve as a control. My play style hasn’t changed, the stuff (after salvage) I end up with seems to have…

So I’ve just cleared my necro of all mats and will keep a track of what the next few days brings. I don’t know whether loot bags / champ bags are blessed with this loot favouring, so any I happen to get will be opened on my ele.

Sod’s Law states that now I’ll get an RNG run of mostly heavy or something…

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

I just don’t get the whole thing. If it were almost unnoticeable, then it poses absolutely no benefit to new players, so why have it in the first place anyway? It seems like the only feature it adds is to deliberately incorporate built in classism. A sort of built-in punishment for rolling popular professions.

The main issue, which we’ve been over on the forums, is that new players are not upgrading from green gear. Even ANet said they wanted virtually all level 80s to get into exotics fairly quickly.

So they added leveling gear, which I thought was a good idea. Problem is, I had to do research to find out it even existed. So I made two daggers for my level 60~ thief. That put me out about 10g or more! And there’s armor like that too.

What new player is going to have 10g to spend on temporary weapons? What new player could afford the whole set including armor? What about the countless new players who try to get the mats by themselves rather than buying. Where are they gonna get the ectos from? I understand these are really for alts but they were in the NPE section.

I think these areas could be improved like so:

1. Cut profession specific loot out of all things level 80 and not account/soulbound
2. 100% profession specific from things like story completion, and map completion that drop account/soulbound
3. Increase the chance of rare profession specific loot below level 80. NOTE: Player level 80, not loot level 80.0
4. Apply profession specific loot to fractal weapons but also have it attempt to dodge skins already unlocked

For leveling weapons:
1. Reduce the power
2. Reduce the cost
3. GREATLY increase chance to have them dropped rather than crafted
4. Make them soulbound rather than accountbound to compensate

By doing this, players should be getting more exotic gear before 80 and by having tasted and seen their power, should be more drawn to make that upgrade when they max out.

BONUS: Have the account wallet display the number of ectos a player has stored. This way they will stand out more to new players as a VERY IMPORTANT resource.

BONUS 2: Put a “get better gear” link of some sort in the hero equipment panel, that disappears when the player has full exotics equipped, that opens up the trading post and points to exotic level 80 gear by profession. Better if done with a subtle icon or highlight of some sort. Don’t need to have it be too annoying or patronizing.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

Silk is really pricey.

unfortunately no, mesmer is one of the slowest classes to claim, they simply cannot compete in terms of claiming monsters. most of their skills are single target, and slow to hit.
if you had a pack of say 10-15 people mesmer can do alright, but 20+ they arent making enough claims to capitalize on their loot.

you need to play mesmer more. my strategy: hit you with clone, hit you with clone, hit you with clone, stand there, and… Mind Wrack and tag all the mobs! (20) admittedly it’s a bit slower than guardian AA, but tags far mobs when it happens. you can then repeat with Cry of Frustration for the next wave. Instead of the typical tag, tag, tag, tag, it’s: charge, TAG, charge, TAG. the other great one is Phantasmal Berserker, which can tag up to 20 targets, and Mirror Blade, plus you need to target far away mobs so GS AA hits all the ones inbetween.