500 AP for GW1 Hall of Monuments Intended?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

500 points is not really alot, it doesnt get you from the bottom % to the top %, only the hard core achievement point players does it really matter to,

You people sound like your 127,970 ranked spot is doomed to be at 128,837 b.c of of 500 achievement points..

I have less than 6k AP for what matters. But it’s a matter of principle… If someone that wanted to be nº1 and didn’t play Gw1, he can’t be nº1 because someone who played Gw1 that also wants to be nº1, had achieved things in other games!

Its not like 500 points matters, Im glad anet gave it to them, BC you know the leaderboards actually effect the game.. wait? NO THEY DONT.

It don’t matter to you, but you don’t have the right to speak for those who cares…

And, If they don’t matter, why to give 500 at all. Better to give nothing… Would this be alright for you?

Are you still whining about this? What do you care if someone else has these points?

Also one of the selling points of the eye of the north expansion in gw1 was rewards in gw2. Everyone knew this.

Geez Anet please revert the points back to the old amount because I am getting pretty sick of these whining kids…

LOL.

I’m standing by my point of view, different thing from whining. I could be if i really cared about Ap Leaderboard, which i don’t… different story!

Let’s tell again, since the HoM elitism is blinding you:

-No one is saying, that they shouldn’t receive rewards from their hardwork in GW1. I’m saying that the rewards should not be related to Ap whatsoever!

For me HoM could reward:
- Several weapons/armor skins, titles, that were in fact relevant in GW1;
- Special Dyes that have somesort of different color/effect;
- Special relevant GW1 NPC’s mini’s (dragons etc…);
- Special picks, harvest and axes with unlimmited amounts;

For me HoM should NEVER reward:
- AP;
- Gold;
/cheers

Can you understand the difference?

If you don’t have anything valid to say to this discussion, then it’s better to don’t say crap like you have said.

/cheers

Doesnt matter what they give to gw1 players, someone will QQ about it, and if they give nothing then gw1 players will QQ about it..

Its a lose/lose situation no matter the way we look at it.

Anet by doing this (boosting AP for HoM) felt it was a good decision and they have they’re reasons for doing it.

SAB or RIOT

Posted by: mesme.5028

mesme.5028

I see no problem with the reward, i think it should be more of a reward to their loyal fanbase, perhaps 5000 would be better.

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

I’m actually glad that there was a thread made about this because now I can see that I’m not the only one thinking this is really odd. When I saw what had happened, I couldn’t believe it either.

It’s all well and good to get some kind of praise from Anet for playing the hell out of their first game. As far as I’m concerned, that’s what the exclusive skins and titles they already had were for. But now they’re getting more boosts towards other rewards. Where does it stop?

I didn’t bother digging through this entire thread because I’m sure there are a lot of repeat posts and repeat counterposts. Anyway, to throw my opinion on one side of the pile, I don’t think it’s necessary to continue rewarding GW1 players. Good for them, for their accomplishments. Their primary reward for that is what they achieved in GW1 for their effort. This is GW2. To put it simply, when I think of achievements in this game, I want to know what a player has achieved in this game.

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

shame on you all ho thinks its to much points SHAME on you its littel reward for us that played gw 1 for years and to get those accivments i literly need it 5 years playing and if you count that 500 ap is little cuz for 5 years in gw 2 i can make 50k

Sil.4560

Why do you need a reward for playing GW1? You got your reward from thoroughly enjoying and acquiring an apparently large pile of stuff in that game. Shame yourself for not being able to appreciate GW1 and the time you enjoyed there as its own reward.

If GW3 makes an appearance someday, I don’t expect to be rewarded for what I’ve already done in this game, because I am enjoying GW2 on its own merits and that is my real reward.

(edited by Sil.4560)

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

OK, first of all, please, STOP with the “Go Play GW1 and earn the points” line of counter. You know as well as I do that the amount of time that would take is huge, and that time is better spent in GW2. So knock it off, you look foolish.

OK. Let’s see… I think I wound up with 300AP from my time in GW1, which was a blast, lasted many years, and indeed I’m willing to thank ANet again for that little gift you’ve tossed out to those that have been loyal to ANet for almost a decade now. I didn’t push for GWAMM, but it’s still more than halfway to another reward chest and it’s appreciated. Those of you that didn’t play GW1 need to understand… this is a nice little token to those of us who have been supporting the company in some cases for nearly a decade. If you weren’t a part of it you wouldn’t understand, but believe me, it’s in no ways at all meant to be a slight to anyone that started this run with GW2. As a matter of fact, those of you that came into the game out of the gate just may be getting close to seeing some of those loyalty awards soon, as ANet (in Guild Wars, at least) likes to give characters gifts on their birthdays. Every year for your character in Guild Wars we’d get a present. Opening the present would most often gift us with a minipet, a transform tonic, things like that. Now, I’m not saying ANet will be doing birthday gifts in GW2, but I’d be surprised if they didn’t do something similar. It’s just who they are. They throw little thank yous to their loyal customers all the time, and this is one example of that.

You’re not being slighted for not being a part of the past. You will, however, be recognized as being part of the future. Like I said, it’s who they are.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

I’ve supported the development of gw2 since 2007! Way before the hype and even the dragon logo.

Oh? You gave them a substantial amount of money? You wrote some GW2 code? Or did you just talk about a game that would eventually exist, if its development fit into the company’s business plan?

Most GW1 veterans just played a game and got what they paid for. They did not put a single dime more into the development of GW2 (which is a completely new product, in business terms) than everyone else who bought GW2.

ANet had the brilliant idea to launch the new product with a link to the old one so their existing customers would most likely transition over to the new product, making the new product much more likely a success, yes.

But this does in no way mean that the GW1 player achieved anything more than a non-GW1 player in GW2. And since those are achievement points, they should only be some measure of how much someone achieved in GW2 compared to other players in GW2 – all other “returning customer bonuses”, like skins, titles, etc. are independent of those points.

And if ANet wants to hand out some more presents (items, gold, boosts), well, by all means give everyone with HoM achievements an appropriate chest by mail containing those presents, but keep the points out of it!

Are you normally this spiteful or just buthurt that you got knocked off the leaderboard list.

Your venomous attitude has got to stop.

Maybe you didn’t read the part where I said I could care less about AP and would gladly trade it for some other GW1 skin

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

You are all missing the main point.
The leaderboards are pointless and do not reflect the truth.
Everyone knows that I am the best player the game has or ever will have.
I have the best looking toons, with the best looking/dyed armor and weapons.
My guilds are by far superior to all others, and our server is the top of the top, the very best.
My skills out shine any of you and players beg just to walk in my shadow so they can bask in my glory.

Since we have now established that there is no hope by any stretch of the imagination for any of you to even come close to my magnificent self, can we now forget about who has the most points and just get back to playing the game? ;-)

BTW, if anyone disagrees with what I posted above, I reject your reality and substitute my own, so there!

Sil.4560

He can barely lift is right arm, because he did so many.

Posted by: Birdy.2135

Birdy.2135

Why do you need a reward for playing GW1? You got your reward from thoroughly enjoying and acquiring an apparently large pile of stuff in that game. Shame yourself for not being able to appreciate GW1 and the time you enjoyed there as its own reward.

If GW3 makes an appearance someday, I don’t expect to be rewarded for what I’ve already done in this game, because I am enjoying GW2 on its own merits and that is my real reward.

If you enjoying gw2 on its own merits then dont even post here go have fun ingame LMAO.

Sil.4560

While I suspect you didn’t understand the nature of my post, I’ll entertain you with a response anyway.

I’m in-game right now. Have been for a couple of hours now. I’m enjoying it. Two monitors = double the fun. My point, however, is that I’m more than capable of thinking of my enjoyment of GW2 as its own reward along with the things I actually do achieve and obtain in the game itself. I don’t need to be rewarded again for it later.

Posted by: Birdy.2135

Birdy.2135

Those players invested money and time into NOT GW1! But into Anet in the GW franchise.

Why does everyone seem to think that by buying and playing GW1 they funded GW2?

At the beginning, a company invested money to program a game, set up servers and pay the maintenance costs (hardware, software, personnel). Then players come in and start paying for the game. Then after a certain amount of players bought the game (and some other stuff) once those investments paid off the company starts making money (companies are about that sort of thing, be assured). But while they get money from their customers they still have to pay their personnel and maintenance, so what you pay there is mainly used for maintaining the current company infrastructure (and some profit, too).

Then after a while their current cash cow is starting to dry up, they start investing money in the next product and the aforementioned cycle starts again.

But… This actually means that only those players who bought GW2 and gems in the GW2 store actually paid for GW2 and made GW2 possible… Surprise!

Thats because original players kept the franchise alive if no one bought the game you couldnt sit at your pc on the gw2 forum and complain that life isnt fair. O no leaderboard((((( lmao

Sil.4560

I’m willing to bet there are multiple players who have actually supported GW2 more through the gem store than a number of GW1 players combined. People talking about supporting the original are really just fishing to rationalize getting rewarded again in any way they can.

Posted by: Unknown.3672

Unknown.3672

While I suspect you didn’t understand the nature of my post, I’ll entertain you with a response anyway.

I’m in-game right now. Have been for a couple of hours now. I’m enjoying it. Two monitors = double the fun. My point, however, is that I’m more than capable of thinking of my enjoyment of GW2 as its own reward along with the things I actually do achieve and obtain in the game itself. I don’t need to be rewarded again for it later.

Hey learn to use reply when making a comment to a post. Also people need to learn from this guy go have fun in-game. The leaderboard are worthless they got 500 extra points life is over

Sil.4560

Eh, his post was right above mine, I’m sure he’ll get the message. I’m not too worried. :p

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

Those players invested money and time into NOT GW1! But into Anet in the GW franchise.

Why does everyone seem to think that by buying and playing GW1 they funded GW2?

At the beginning, a company invested money to program a game, set up servers and pay the maintenance costs (hardware, software, personnel). Then players come in and start paying for the game. Then after a certain amount of players bought the game (and some other stuff) once those investments paid off the company starts making money (companies are about that sort of thing, be assured). But while they get money from their customers they still have to pay their personnel and maintenance, so what you pay there is mainly used for maintaining the current company infrastructure (and some profit, too).

Then after a while their current cash cow is starting to dry up, they start investing money in the next product and the aforementioned cycle starts again.

But… This actually means that only those players who bought GW2 and gems in the GW2 store actually paid for GW2 and made GW2 possible… Surprise!

Thats because original players kept the franchise alive if no one bought the game you couldnt sit at your pc on the gw2 forum and complain that life isnt fair. O no leaderboard((((( lmao

Im not complaining life isnt fair other are saying that.

SAB or RIOT

Sil.4560

Hey learn to use reply when making a comment to a post. Also people need to learn from this guy go have fun in-game. The leaderboard are worthless they got 500 extra points life is over

Eh, his post was right above mine, I’m sure he’ll get the message. I’m not too worried. ^_~

Posted by: Bunny.2059

Bunny.2059

Anet choose to reward the loyal franchise followers I dont think we should be getting upset? I have 0 points in the HoM section the only difference is they reach the achievement point chest rewards faster. I don’t think many people take the leaderboards seriously were all gw2 players having fun lets keep doing despite the change. Have Fun All <3

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

I can’t help but laugh that people actually think gw1 vets will have an unfair advantage. Like having more achievement points and some extra skins makes us stronger or something..

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

(edited by Windu The Forbidden One.6045)

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

in 12 months 500 points ( it’s still a minority who has 50/50) is nothing, heck it isn’t even so much right now

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

Posted by: Mattargul.9235

Mattargul.9235

The strange thing everyone who brings this ‘problem’ up seems to assume is: “you played GW1 so you automatically have 500 freeby points”…

Hah! I finished all three campaigns and EotN, plus played a few months extra and I’m not even at 20 out of the 50 HoM points. The people kicking up sand assume it’s all kittens and giggles…

Seriously, GW2 players think they know what grind is. Go grind the insane amount of points you need to get reputation titles. Have a look what it takes to grind the weapons and prestige armors needed. Go battle the hard mode dungeons and the realm of Torment.

If you knew what it takes to get those 500 APs, then you’d understand those players earned it. And to compare the effort to gain the 500 AP from HoM to what it takes to get 500 in this game… it’s a joke.

I got the Drunkard title before you could spam it. That was true grinding. =)

Exactly! I got the explorer title before there was textmod or players sharing maps to compare. We had to kill every single creature in every single map in the original game and all the expansions in hard mode. We had to do every mission and every bonus within those missions in both standard and hard mode. If the whiners think it is so easy, then let them pay the $40.00 for all 4 games and get the titles themselves.

I got my dungeon titles after the shadow form nerf, HAH!

But seriously, the drunk title took some dedication before they changed it. /bow Now tell me you did it without disabling post-processing effects and I’ll be really impressed!

Dances with Leaves – Guardian – Sanctum of Rall (SoR)

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

I can’t help but laugh that people actually think gw1 vets will have an unfair advantage. Like having more achievement points and some extra skins makes us stronger or something..

Why would you laugh to people who have different goals than yours? If some people (like yourself) think that granting Power is an unfair advantage, granting AP to those who wants to compete in the leaderboards is an unfair advantage too…

Now about cosmetics, that’s another story… I agree that GW2 vets should have more skins that proudly represent their achievements in GW1, not Ap’s…

But honestly i’m tired about this subject. If the so called “Vet’s” can’t see past their personal greed (yes it’s greed), and claim that their time in Gw1 give them the right to have an upper hand in any type of goal, then, no point in arguing…

/cheers and have fun!

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

What friendly competition are you speaking of? The achievement (read: elitism) leaderboard that is causing strife because players are rewarded for being loyal? Yeah that’s some friendly competition there.

Friendly competition is where people don’t care who wins or loses – they do it for the fun and the rush of competing. When someone tries to take away from others in a competition, it’s no longer friendly.

Stick to your guns. You’re either for friendly competition or you’re for the removal of HoM achievement points. Can’t be both because they directly contradict each other.

You are mistaken. They are not in contradiction.

A competition can be both friendly and to win. Compete means trying to win. Trying to win a competition does not have to be, and probably shouldn’t be, unfriendly.

Asking to be allowed to pay the referee for an advantage in a competition is generally neither good competition nor friendly.

Those of you that didn’t play GW1 need to understand… this is a nice little token to those of us who have been supporting the company in some cases for nearly a decade. If you weren’t a part of it you wouldn’t understand, but believe me, it’s in no ways at all meant to be a slight to anyone that started this run with GW2.

I would agree with this except for the fact that ANet decided to turn achievement points into a competition. A form of PvP. That is what a leaderboard represents.

(edited by Ashen.2907)

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

This is way too depressing to read.
Anet is giving free AP to players who did nothing to earn them in GW2.
This alienates any new players. You really want a game full of two castes of players?
Temporary content is just as bad…
This truly sickens me and makes me question if this is any longer the game I want to be playing.
Before you say, yet again, that AP don’t matter: EVERYONE KNOWS! Neither does anything else in GW2. why do you keep pressing the point that no one should be here? I’m here because I enjoyed playing GW2 and would like to continue enjoying it, but it gets harder and harder to. Get over it.

Posted by: Obsidian.1328

Obsidian.1328

7 pages so far Ascii …well done.

The troll is strong in this one.

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

This is way too depressing to read.
Anet is giving free AP to players who did nothing to earn them in GW2.
This alienates any new players.

Untrue. As far as achievement points go, new players are “alienated” simply by being behind and never being able to catch up unless those before them stop running. And it’s not due to the HoM points, but dailies, monthlies and no longer accessible living story content.
Except of course it doesn’t alienate them in any way.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Tears.5627

Tears.5627

The strange thing everyone who brings this ‘problem’ up seems to assume is: “you played GW1 so you automatically have 500 freeby points”…

Hah! I finished all three campaigns and EotN, plus played a few months extra and I’m not even at 20 out of the 50 HoM points. The people kicking up sand assume it’s all kittens and giggles…

Seriously, GW2 players think they know what grind is. Go grind the insane amount of points you need to get reputation titles. Have a look what it takes to grind the weapons and prestige armors needed. Go battle the hard mode dungeons and the realm of Torment.

If you knew what it takes to get those 500 APs, then you’d understand those players earned it. And to compare the effort to gain the 500 AP from HoM to what it takes to get 500 in this game… it’s a joke.

Exactly! I got the explorer title before there was textmod or players sharing maps to compare. We had to kill every single creature in every single map in the original game and all the expansions in hard mode. We had to do every mission and every bonus within those missions in both standard and hard mode. If the whiners think it is so easy, then let them pay the $40.00 for all 4 games and get the titles themselves.

But seriously, the drunk title took some dedication before they changed it. /bow Now tell me you did it without disabling post-processing effects and I’ll be really impressed!

Naturally. =) I always found it fun to have a wavy screen while running UW on my Necro with a fellow 55 Monk. XD

Running Axe on Necro since April 27th, 2012 (Before it was cool)

Tears.5627

I bought everything extra in gw1 including preorders and costumes and over the span of that game spent a good $400. This is the same for EVERYONE who bothered spending the time getting 50/50 HoM points.

No, I just bought GW, Factions, Nightfall and EoTN for reduced prices. I’ll never take off my Champion of the Gods title (unless I get GWAMM).

Thanks for the bonus chest ArenaNET,

to those seriously thinking that the achievement points is the true measure of skill in this game, you made me laugh out loud.

All of them come down to time and dedication. That is why I am happy to have the extra points.

Time and dedication? After you have a reasonable number of points, you can advance by 19 a day.

OH GOD, SO AWSOME PROGRESSION.

Seriously, people are grinding numbers to make a bar 99% of the game population doesn’t care about, to be the top 3 in a list that only a tiny fraction of people care about.

1000+ hours is time and dedication. I did it pre nerfs when the achievements were difficult for GW1. I am not against what you are saying with people taking AP too seriously. Should GW1 vets get a thanks for their making GW2 possible? I think so. This is a small way of them doing just that. I am talking exclusively about GW1 not the very easy AP earned in GW2 by simply doing dailies.

(edited by Tears.5627)

Posted by: Amstel Steel.2058

Amstel Steel.2058

This thread still needs to pick an answer for it’s question.

Make HoM AP additive for rewards and subtractive from leaderboards. Or make 2 leaderboards. Or one leaderboard with a tab to do the calculations. Or devise the epitome of evil plans to have those points retracted in it’s entirety. [insert evil laugh]

Tears.5627

This thread still needs to pick an answer for it’s question.

Make HoM AP additive for rewards and subtractive from leaderboards. Or make 2 leaderboards. Or one leaderboard with a tab to do the calculations. Or devise the epitome of evil plans to have those points retracted in it’s entirety. [insert evil laugh]

To answer a question there needs to be a question mark. XD The achievement boost is intentional.

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Naturally. =) I always found it fun to have a wavy screen while running UW on my Necro with a fellow 55 Monk. XD

I also got my Drunkard and Ale Hound titles while doing full Underworld runs with a blurry screen… on my Monk healer. My party would get mad at me when Dhuum nearly wipes us.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

Guild Wars achievements should not affect Guild Wars 2 highscores, period. No highscore should be dictated by a different game even if the story-lines are similar. This is Guild Wars 2 and we deserve a fair highscore system that shows peoples achievements in Guild Wars 2, not other games.

HoM players have there ‘rewards’ in the form of unique titles, weapon & armour skins and ranger pets, they should not also have priority on the highscores.

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

HoM players have there ‘rewards’ in the form of unique titles, weapon & armour skins and ranger pets, they should not also have priority on the highscores.

Just imagine if Anet gave custom ranger pets to GW1 players that had better, unique abilities and were not just reskins. You’d have an uproar and the GW1 players would defend it and say that they deserve it for playing GW1.

Posted by: Mada.5319

Mada.5319

Guild Wars achievements should not affect Guild Wars 2 highscores, period. No highscore should be dictated by a different game even if the story-lines are similar. This is Guild Wars 2 and we deserve a fair highscore system that shows peoples achievements in Guild Wars 2, not other games.

I missed Halloween so I wasn’t able to get the achievement points from it. Should I be whining like you? I mean, isn’t it unfair that the players that were around for halloween have an advantage over me? Should I make another thread and start crying about it? Don’t I deserve a chance at a fair high score too??

People who were there for halloween got their ‘rewards’ in the form of unique titles, weapons & minipets, they should not also have priority on the highscores.

You’re late to the party. Get over it.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I missed Halloween so I wasn’t able to get the achievement points from it. Should I be whining like you? I mean, isn’t it unfair that the players that were around for halloween have an advantage over me? Should I make another thread and start crying about it? Don’t I deserve a chance at a fair high score too??

People who were there for halloween got their ‘rewards’ in the form of unique titles, weapons & minipets, they should not also have priority on the highscores.

You’ll be able to do Halloween achievements in October again.

Posted by: Mada.5319

Mada.5319

So will everyone else. I still missed out. But I’m not complaining unlike the people in this thread………

Vayne.8563

So will everyone else. I still missed out. But I’m not complaining unlike the people in this thread………

No one that can do them again will get more achievement points however and you’ll be able to catch up.

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

Such a PvE’r dude.

BeeGee
Beast mode

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

No one that can do them again will get more achievement points however and you’ll be able to catch up.

Well, what about SoS, F&F, Lost Shores, and Last Stand? If you missed those, you can’t ever get them again. So people who got those achievements will always be ahead of everyone else no matter what. Yet not one single person is complaining about that. I see it brought up here all the time, and everyone avoids giving a response to it and goes on complaining about the HoM.

At least with GW1, you can still go get those achievement points.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Posted by: Firefly.5982

Firefly.5982

The fair thing to do would be putting a cap on achievement points in GW2 and take out the points from GW1. Then it would be possible for player that have not played GW1 AND players that have not started GW2 from launch, to get highest AP ratings…

Unless you cap AP in GW2 the ‘race’ will never be fair, so don’t complain…

Ashen.2907

Well, what about SoS, F&F, Lost Shores, and Last Stand? If you missed those, you can’t ever get them again. So people who got those achievements will always be ahead of everyone else no matter what.

Yet not one single person is complaining about that..

You do realize that the above ^^^ is completely contradicted by the below right ?

I see it brought up here all the time,

(edited by Ashen.2907)

Vayne.8563

If the GW1 achievement points didn’t count to the leaderboard it would solve everything.

Ashen.2907

If the GW1 achievement points didn’t count to the leaderboard it would solve everything.

I agree.

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

I think dailies/monthly would have to be removed too.

Vayne.8563

Two different problems. Dailies and monthlies have pretty much always counted. Anet didn’t change that mid-stream. They didn’t change how anyone already stood on the leaderboard.

This is influx of points DID change how people stood on the leaderboard and people who care about that are understandably upset.

I agree that dailies and monthlies shouldn’t count but Anet is not going to change that because it’s encouraging people to log in, the whole point of dailies.

The HoM stuff CAN be changed because it only really affects rewards and the leaderboards. And there’s no real reason for it to affect the leaderboards.

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

Well, what about SoS, F&F, Lost Shores, and Last Stand? If you missed those, you can’t ever get them again. So people who got those achievements will always be ahead of everyone else no matter what.

Yet not one single person is complaining about that..

You do realize that the above ^^^ is completely contradicted by the below right ?

I see it brought up here all the time,

If you weren’t misquoting me, you would see what those actually meant and how they don’t contradict at all. How about actually reading what I said, before you misquote?

I said I see people saying in this thread, “what about all the temp events that are now gone that you can no longer get achievements for?”. That is what I said I see people saying all the time. The other part of my post talks about how no one is complaining about the fact that people who got the temp event achievements will always be ahead if others didn’t get them.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Posted by: Curuglas.1847

Curuglas.1847

Two different problems. Dailies and monthlies have pretty much always counted. Anet didn’t change that mid-stream. They didn’t change how anyone already stood on the leaderboard.

They should be removed from the in-game score as well. It’s simply a measurement of GW2 “completion”. Although I do favor a way to relive the old stories just like any other personal story.

As for dailies and monthlies, they changed the amount of points they gave as well as the amount of deeds included, and several times at that. But, this could be leveled out by capping daily/monthly AP (i.e. 450/500), just like Hobby Dungeon Explorer.

I agree that dailies and monthlies shouldn’t count but Anet is not going to change that because it’s encouraging people to log in, the whole point of dailies.

The dailies and monthlies still give other rewards besides AP (laurels, xp, karma, items, silver), which should still be incentive enough to log in and do some of those.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Too bad that the GW2 achievement point system is neither a fair highscore nor really showing their achievements. Perhaps if we’ve had a better system you might have a point. All this system allows us to compare is the points itself, which doesn’t tell us much. HoM doesn’t change that.

The other part of my post talks about how no one is complaining about the fact that people who got the temp event achievements will always be ahead if others didn’t get them.

Which is simply not true. They just do it in other topics. Just as there was a massive complaining about dailies (much, much bigger than the one about HoM).

On the contrary, it would solve nothing. A complete rebuild of an achievement point system into something that could be considered a real rating would be necessary. The complains about the leaderboard system started welll before HoM points change.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

I am mostly surprised this thread hasn’t been locked, yet. The staff might have been laughing a bit at the start, but after 7 pages of the same thing .. Over and over.. It is a rather depressing picture.

I sincerely hope Jane Player doesn’t think this is what the whole Guild Wars community is like.

Posted by: Neve.7134

Neve.7134

The funny fact is that to make 500 AP you need like 2-3 weeks and to get those 500 AP from HoM GW1 you needed like 1 year of totally nerdly dedication.
You really want to complain about that?