500 AP for GW1 Hall of Monuments Intended?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Amstel Steel.2058

Amstel Steel.2058

This thread still needs to pick an answer for it’s question.

Make HoM AP additive for rewards and subtractive from leaderboards. Or make 2 leaderboards. Or one leaderboard with a tab to do the calculations. Or devise the epitome of evil plans to have those points retracted in it’s entirety. [insert evil laugh]

To answer a question there needs to be a question mark. XD The achievement boost is intentional.

I find it eerie that it took 7 pages to change that, and worse yet 9 pages without one decent evil plan to take away those points. We need Frizz to hatch one to make this thread popcorn worthy. Something cruel and punishable with a high risk and a low reward. Something so diabolical that it would be on par with the Aetherblades nuking Loins Arch and erasing it into dust. [insert evil laugh]

Posted by: Fey Zeal.7032

Fey Zeal.7032

I would bet that the individuals who have a problem with HoM points have no problem with the infinite ceiling of AP earn-able from daily and monthlies.

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

I would bet that the individuals who have a problem with HoM points have no problem with the infinite ceiling of AP earn-able from daily and monthlies.

I don’t have HoM, and yes, I have absolutely no problem, equality is gold.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

To be fair B is derived from A, so while A is not B all of A is within B.

But it’s all really pointless because it has nothing to do with how a competitive leaderboard should be scored.

I’d say it’s a stretch to say that all of A is within B in this case, but I’m in total agreement with it not being how a competitive leaderboard should be scored. Personally I don’t think dailies really belong either.

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

This thread is 9 pages long….? Really? Guys they are not going to remove the HoM points. I don’t see why this discussion continues. The leaderboards are not game changing in the slightest.

Again, I can’t stress this next part enough yet nobody seems to understand. Not every GW1 player got 500 extra AP from the HoM. Only those players who did 50/50 (Which took thousands of hours to achieve) got 500 points extra.

They did this to give 50/50 players an extra chest for free. Sorry this affected your leaderboard progress, since apparently that’s something that matters to some of you, but I’d bet my account that this is not going to change.

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

I can’t believe the OP would complain about this.

BeeGee
Beast mode

Posted by: Shakki.3219

Shakki.3219

This thread is 9 pages long….? Really? Guys they are not going to remove the HoM points. I don’t see why this discussion continues. The leaderboards are not game changing in the slightest.

Again, I can’t stress this next part enough yet nobody seems to understand. Not every GW1 player got 500 extra AP from the HoM. Only those players who did 50/50 (Which took thousands of hours to achieve) got 500 points extra.

They did this to give 50/50 players an extra chest for free. Sorry this affected your leaderboard progress, since apparently that’s something that matters to some of you, but I’d bet my account that this is not going to change.

And as said above its another game, which should not affect any way the leaderboard of another game… give these players some gold skins karma or w/e but nothing leaderboard related.

Reaper – Anguîsh

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

And as said above its another game, which should not affect any way the leaderboard of another game… give these players some gold skins karma or w/e but nothing leaderboard related.

Yes it’s another game. ArenaNet said that they’d reward GW2 players that played GW1. They said this before we saw any in-game footage. I fail to see a problem. Leaderboards mean nothing and have no effect on gameplay or player ability or skill determination.

It’s a number. They did this so that HoM players can be closer to an extra achievement chest in GW2 for their efforts in GW1 – which a lot of people would argue is an under-estimate of what the GW1 achievements should be worth.

I’m not sorry or sympathetic for anyone who was bumped down on the leaderboards from this. ArenaNet made it very clear from the beginning that GW1 players who completed hall of monuments would get rewarded justly in GW2 – and here it is.

Achievements are infinite, give it time and the leaderboards will even out from this. And if not, hey, they’re pointless leaderboards that affect nothing anyway.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

If all of this is about leaderboards I feel kinda sorry for them, if you long live goal is to be on some internet list you got some other issues.

Posted by: Curuglas.1847

Curuglas.1847

500 points is nothing….

To pick up on my racing analogy, yes, racing 500 km with the current GW2 motorcycles is fast compared to running those 500 km on your old GW1 bicycle.

I suggest buying GW1, you’ll never play another game better than it in your life.

And there you are quite wrong. I tried playing GW1 (pre GW2 release) and at least its interface pretty much sucks, compared to a modern Interface like in GW2.

So, some people endured this painful experience and want compensation for it? Fine, give them the trophies for their efforts (which they already did, btw, so just give those gw1-we-put-much-time-in-the-game-whiners simply an additional chest and be done with it).

The key issues still remain:
- some GW1 players cannot accept the fact that a new interface means a new game
- achievements can either be small or require a lot of dedication
- the amount of points awarded for an achievement is arbitrary, but everyone interested in those points could start by earning the easy points first
- achievement points should only be awarded for anything achieved with the current game interface
- achievement points are currently the only kind of “game completion” measurement (if you did not participate in some events or your dailies, you did not “complete” those aspects, although I strongly favor them to be completable even after the main event concluded, as well as a hard cap for daily and monthly)

BTW: If some of you think achievement points are meaningless, then stop defending the meaningless 500 HoM points. After all, Guild Wars itself is meaningless and no one would care if they shut down the servers tomorrow, would you?

Shakki.3219

Yes it’s another game. ArenaNet said that they’d reward GW2 players that played GW1. They said this before we saw any in-game footage. I fail to see a problem. Leaderboards mean nothing and have no effect on gameplay or player ability or skill determination.

It’s a number. They did this so that HoM players can be closer to an extra achievement chest in GW2 for their efforts in GW1 – which a lot of people would argue is an under-estimate of what the GW1 achievements should be worth.

I’m not sorry or sympathetic for anyone who was bumped down on the leaderboards from this. ArenaNet made it very clear from the beginning that GW1 players who completed hall of monuments would get rewarded justly in GW2 – and here it is.

Achievements are infinite, give it time and the leaderboards will even out from this. And if not, hey, they’re pointless leaderboards that affect nothing anyway.

Yes i totally agree, give them their Reward, just not in form of Achievement Points, as i said above give em specialized GW1 skins remaked on GW2 or w/e just nothing what affects a GW2 leaderboard.

and of the flame in this topic going on they will do something about it anyways xD (as always)

Reaper – Anguîsh

Posted by: Draconicus.7564

Draconicus.7564

What i smell here it’s pure jealousy!! What a shame, seriously!

If you ever played GW1, you would know what the level of passion and dedication you would need to gain that hard tittles!!

I played the game for 6 years and i still am working in some of them from “The eye of the North” expansion!!

This is GW2 after all, nothing more natural that a group of game devs , wanting to reward in some way the old dedicated players from the saga!

Stop to be Childish and Jealous ppl!, Seriously!!

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

You know the game is doing things well when the best people can come up with to complain about is achievement points other players earned from the prequel.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

I’m glad they gave the 500 AP for a full HoM. To be honest, the armor and weapon skins were a bit of a disappointment. This makes up for that, a bit

OK I can’t really complain. I had a blast getting GWAMM and filling my hall, and GW2 rewards or not, I would have done it anyway just for its own sake.

But thanks for the points, ArenaNet. I’m all for anything that encourages people to play Guild Wars. It is, and always should be, fundamentally entwined with GW2.

The more ways you can find to get people to play both games, the better!

Posted by: Cassius.4831

Cassius.4831

50 points per achievement in HoM is fair. It takes a lot of time and it’s a reward for loyal fan base. Furthermore, I would add an achievement for GWAMM title and I would give it 50 points more (or 100).

“Guild wars is for everybody, freedom is ascended, zerg is strength”
~ G. Orrwell, great shaman of the new flame legion, 1984 AE.

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

I’m quite surprised this thread is still up. Didn’t imagine people would be kitten over 500 achievement points. And I don’t even have any from HoM!

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: frunkee.3962

frunkee.3962

When I look at my GW1 and GW2 accounts this doesn’t look like a huge payoff. I earned .23 AP/hour played in GW1. GW2 is earning me around 5.2 AP/hour played. I don’t particularly chase AP in GW2, and in GW1 I definitely was going for HoM at the end. That puts the optimistic estimate at GW1 time being worth only 1/22nd of what it is worth in GW2 as far as AP. For many people I bet it is much less than that.

That’s not a huge reward for investing a lot of time and effort in their previous game.

Posted by: Wolfsergi.2537

Wolfsergi.2537

I’m quite surprised this thread is still up. Didn’t imagine people would be kitten over 500 achievement points. And I don’t even have any from HoM!

Same here, i saw this post go up and im like meh not that big of a deal. come back coming up on 10 pages.

This reaction from ppl blows my mind. for those ppl that feel “cheated” of their leader board spot, guess what NO ONE GIVES A DAM ABOUT YOUR VIRTUAL INCHES. this is a freakin game people treat it like a game not a life goal.

Posted by: Obsidian.1328

Obsidian.1328

Good god, this thread is still here over the weekend??

Some scientist should make a study on human nature with this…assign random point values to random tasks and keep a public point tally for everyone to see.

The amount of insane competition produced from such meaningless numbers is itself insane.

Seriously peeps, there’s more substance to a 3rd-grade 4-square game than this.

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

Valento.9852

Clearly devs are experimenting on new things, like giving out stuff for free! weee

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

I don’t understand how people who claim to be “ap competitive” yet they don’t want to get any HoM points. In other words, you wana be on some meaningless leader board (really, ap’s arn’t something skill based, its just exploration and actually doing something specific vs grinding a dungeon or playing wvw) but you don’t want to do all the achievments.

I played gw1, and only got maybe 10 HoM. I knew people who played gw1 for years on end TRYING hard to get those points and they got rewarded. Both in gw1 and gw2. They didn’t push a couple buttons after paying $20 + expansions and get 500 aps, they worked for them.

If you didn’t play gw1, well then deal with it. The fact that people got rewarded for their time and others are jealous is just ridiculous. New players or pre-existing players who didn’t bother with ap’s are late and far down this magically important leaderboard. Does that make it fair that a large group who farmed them since release are ahead? Yeah, it was something that was worked on, and we get rewarded for it. I could care less if a gw1 veteran had 500 ap’s more than me, he/she earned them. People seem to cry over any reward they didn’t get… sheesh

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

Posted by: Kaveck.1532

Kaveck.1532

I really do feel like people who didn’t or havn’t played GW1 just don’t understand how much time and effort went into trying to fill out the Hall of Monuments.

The money required for the Minis, Weapons, Armor, Follower Armor and then the titles. Guild Wars 2 is honestly easier in this regard. It is so much easier to get a full armor set, or to get the weapons you want (including Legendary weapons, excluding the whole one time event weapons however).

I guess I just see it as a way to reward those players who have stayed loyal to the brand and product, they have played for atleast a couple years in Guild Wars and then came on over to support Guild Wars 2. I personally don’t have 50/50, I think I am around 27/50 last time I checked.
I can see how it can be upsetting if you havn’t played the first game and it seems like veteran players are getting more and more, but it is due to the years they have put into the first game. They certainly did not sit back and do a few easy things to get to 50.

As someone said 500 points is equal to doing dailies for a month and getting a monthly too. Which actually isn’t too much. Yes, if you are trying to be competitive in Achievement Points then it can be annoying to see, but if you are really trying to be that competitive you should know that you are only 500 behind the top scorer? Otherwise it is another factor?

Chuo.4238

Think of it this way – a whole lot of Guild Wars fans are pretty disappointed with GW2. This could be their way of trying to make some of that up.

And it’s no secret, and never has been, that there would be some benefit in GW2 from completing the HoM in Guild Wars. Moreover, ArenaNet has never, ever, been specific as to exactly what those benefits would be. If they are looking to use that angle to bring some of the disillusioned Guild Wars fans back into GW2, then that tells me that they’re trying to do better by those fans (and about time!). If it gets more people back into Guild Wars, so much the better! I still play Guild Wars.

Don’t like it? Go play Guild Wars and get some stuff in your HoM. Guild Wars is still around; there’s absolutely nothing preventing anyone from doing anything in Guild Wars at all. And guess what? Guild Wars is a very good game. You might just have some fun while you’re doing it.

(edited by Chuo.4238)

Valento.9852

I just hope they’re done with this, I’m finished here.

PS.: Not buying GW1.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Obsidian.1328

Obsidian.1328

Funny thing is that I have friends who were planning to buy GW1 to get the titles, but then ANet put 500pts. so that you are left behind if you don’t have it, we’re just not buying the game anymore. For some the strategy failed.

I just can’t understand this.

Left behind? Left behind from what?

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

Posted by: Curuglas.1847

Curuglas.1847

yet they don’t want to get any HoM points.

Sure, I’d go there anytime and get all the HoM points I can manage, but it must be achievable through the GW2 interface. Any achievements that are not achievable through the GW2 interface should not be counted towards the GW2 achievement points.

if a gw1 veteran had 500 ap’s more than me, he/she earned them.

But that’s exactly the point. They did not earn those points. They were just given to them for free. What they earned was a title, skins, and such. Have fun with it. And if the devs want to hand out some more stuff to those “veterans” – by all means, send them a fully loaded chest! But achievement points should only count for deeds done through the GW2 interface, hence please no HoM points.

(edited by Curuglas.1847)

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

They did not earn those points. They were just given to them for free. What they earned was a title, skins, and such. Have fun with it. And if the devs want to hand out some more stuff to those “veterans” – by all means, send them a fully loaded chest! But achievement points should only count for deeds done through the GW2 interface, hence please no HoM points.

That is only your opinion, and while you are entitled to it, apparently the devs do not agree with it. The GW1 vets have already had to deal with the new players complaining about the skins and the pets we where given. Now it’s another batch of players complaining about the points. We purchased EOTN and GW2 with the expectation that there would be rewards carried over from GW1. This was made very clear years ago. We have had to deal with new players complaining about nearly everything that made the game great to the point it does not even resemble the game we all loved. “Player housing”, “Mounts”, “open world PvP”, all the new players do is complain and want to turn GW2 in to some kind of twisted form of WoW. Enough is enough. Now is the time for the GW1 players to fight back. The leaderboards mean nothing, zilch, nada. No one but you cares where you are. They are NOT competitive, they are simply a listing of how much time has been spent in the game, nothing more.
ALL PvE content should be removed from the leaderboards. Every last achievement as none of them have any meaning. You killed 1000 drakes? and that takes skill how? We should all care why? Only WvW and PvP achievements should be listed as only they have even the slightest meaning at all.

To all the players who think 500 points have ruined your life because you have dropped down a few spots an a meaningless list on the internet, get a life and stop acting like a 5 year old. No one cares, bragging about your spot on the leader boards only makes you look foolish.

I will gladly give the 500 points back and have my name blocked from ever appearing on the leader boards if it will just stop all the complaining and whining.

(edited by ShiningSquirrel.3751)

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

…We purchased EOTN and GW2 with the expectation that there would be rewards carried over from GW1.

No one said anything about removing rewards from the Gw1 vets… However any form of numeric value should never be given! Shiny skins, pets and other aesthetic items it’s perfectly fine!

The leaderboards mean nothing, zilch, nada. No one but you cares where you are. They are NOT competitive, they are simply a listing of how much time has been spent in the game, nothing more.

It cares for some. By your logic, those who play the longest time on GW2 should be on top. However, with the add of 500 points this might not be true! Who the heck are you to judge how other players have fun?

ALL PvE content should be removed from the leaderboards. Every last achievement as none of them have any meaning. You killed 1000 drakes? and that takes skill how? We should all care why? Only WvW and PvP achievements should be listed as only they have even the slightest meaning at all.

Completely subjective PoV. But i agree that the achievements should be revamped!

To all the players who think 500 points have ruined your life because you have dropped down a few spots an a meaningless list on the internet, get a life and stop acting like a 5 year old. No one cares, bragging about your spot on the leader boards only makes you look foolish.

Still there are some players that cares. I don’t give a kitten about AP’s (i have ~5000) and i am against this AP give away! It’s a matter of principles.

I will gladly give the 500 points back and have my name blocked from ever appearing on the leader boards if it will just stop all the complaining and whining.

Good for you! My hero!!!

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

Posted by: Psychol.5783

Psychol.5783

Do you know that thanks to us you can play GW2 now? we supported Anet by buying GW1 so I think people deserved some reward that will highlight them from the others.
Btw. I have GW2 about 6 moths or so and I HAVEN’T visited HoM in GW2 yet because these items are not vital to play this game.
500 AP? it’s nothing compared to what you need to do to earn this, GW1 is for real hardcore players comparing to GW2 which is for lame casuals.
I woldn’t mind exchange these GW2 rewards for a little more support for GW1 because this game deserves it.
Back in the day when GW2 was in development I thought that these rewards will be more like discounts at merchants etc. but they are just for show and people still complaining.

(edited by Psychol.5783)

Chuo.4238

I woldn’t mind exchange these GW2 rewards for a little more support for GW1 because this game deserves it.

hear hear! I do wish they still took an active involvement in GW1. Even if it was just to come up with new Birthday gifts for each year, and new festival hats…

LHound.8964

Do you know that thanks to us you can play GW2 now? we supported Anet by buying GW1 so I think people deserved some reward that will highlight them from the others.

Highlighted the Elitism! Don’t agree!

I’m sorry but this a lame excuse to support the cause!

If you bought GW1 on purpose to support GW2, and by doing it you had no fun in GW1, then i would accept this kind of answers. If you bought GW1 to play GW1, and the fun you had in GW1 payed the game entirely, then the answer is complete biased!

All the rest is greed!

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

Chuo.4238

Highlighted the Elitism! Don’t agree!

I’m sorry but this a lame excuse to support the cause!

If you bought GW1 on purpose to support GW2, and by doing it you had no fun in GW1, then i would accept this kind of answers. If you bought GW1 to play GW1, and the fun you had in GW1 payed the game entirely, then the answer is complete biased!

All the rest is greed!

If you think having 500 AP’s is elitism, and you don’t like elitism, then I’m not sure why you even care about AP’s, or why this bothers you. I have no idea what the rest of your post after “Don’t Agree!” actually means.

I’m finding myself in the odd position of defending one of ArenaNet’s decisions…

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

I really do feel like people who didn’t or havn’t played GW1 just don’t understand how much time and effort went into trying to fill out the Hall of Monuments.

Agree, I was playing for a whole year to get the achievement HoM points and it’s really nice to get rewarded for it. Worked a whole month just to get one title. And for complainers, it’s bonus content, you’re not being competitive in any way

Shakki.3219

Guys, get the facts straight.

It was said before GW1 players who fill their Hom gets Rewards in GW2.

These were known before (Skins and Pets) So if people wanted them, they did it for the Rewards in GW2, i guess most did it for GW1 itself anyways.
There was nothing said about :
extra Achievement Points which affects first a leaderboard of another game.

Also i bet alot of more people would of done that if they knew about that before.

So i think its totally user unfriendly to implement something like that later on, where people hardly can do it anymore.

You guys just keep on saying its okay but its something which was never mentioned before.

Reaper – Anguîsh

LHound.8964

If you think having 500 AP’s is elitism, and you don’t like elitism, then I’m not sure why you even care about AP’s, or why this bothers you. I have no idea what the rest of your post after “Don’t Agree!” actually means.

I’m finding myself in the odd position of defending one of ArenaNet’s decisions…

I have already told, that it’s a matter of principle. 500 AP it’s not elitism! Thinking that they are entitled to more things and they are better than others just because they played the prequel is!

I don’t care about leaderboards, but i can see how unfair it is to those who cares. I’m not judging anyone for their goals, and i believe that players should be handed the same opportunities within the game’s existence.

Said this, i believe that the Gw1 had played and achieved a lot in Gw1. However their work in Gw1 was directly tied to their sense of fun and self-accomplishment. No Gw1 Vet player says that they only bought the game to support Gw2! They bought the game to play Gw1! It’s a false statement!

Imho, giving AP to the Gw1 in no way is showing how they played Gw1. Giving AP is a hidden reward (that in no way tells they played Gw1). So in fact, it’s more of a bribe, and pure greed of players to accept it. Gw1 players should proudly wear a armor skin, weapon skin or titles that in fact showed their dedication to Gw1.

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

CharrGirl.7896

^
Why are you making so much fuss over mere 500 points? Earning achievement or title in GW2 is 100x easier then anything in GW1.

VOLKON.1290

For anyone that’s complaining about the increase in APs from GW1 contributions, answer me this.

How many APs did I receive and how did that affect you?

#TeamJadeQuarry

Chuo.4238

^
Why are you making so much fuss over mere 500 points? Earning achievement or title in GW2 is 100x easier then anything in GW1.

Agree completely. And if you just must have those 500 points, Guild Wars is still up an running and active. Go get them. It’s not like you can’t. They are there for anyone who wants to do exactly the same thing for exactly the same reward.

They haven’t “given” anything to anyone that can’t be had by anyone else. So stop whining and go earn them.

LHound.8964

For anyone that’s complaining about the increase in APs from GW1 contributions, answer me this.

I don’t know how many you received…

But then answer me this: If you by doing nothing, you passed someone in the leaderboards due to your said gain, then was it fair to that player (let’s assume he cared about his position)?

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

Chuo.4238

But then answer me this: If you by doing nothing, you passed someone in the leaderboards due to your said gain, then was it fair to that player (let’s assume he cared about his position)?

Perfectly fair. Those points were earned, and can still be earned by anyone. Get on it.

CharrGirl.7896

I spent over a year getting my HoM I wouldn’t call that doing nothing Now you’re just making silly excuses and insulting people because you feel hurt you didn’t get “free stuff”. Jeez

VOLKON.1290

You want the truth?

I’d have never noticed. I’d actually forgotten the leader boards existed in the first place. All I can see is that Anet gave me 300 APs for my years in GW which take me a bit more than halfway to the next chest but now people that didn’t play Guild Wars seem to think Anet should take that reward from me because of a leader board I forgot existed in the first place.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Shakki.3219

I spent over a year getting my HoM I wouldn’t call that doing nothing Now you’re just making silly excuses and insulting people because you feel hurt you didn’t get “free stuff”. Jeez

No you were getting it either for yourself, or the stuff which was promised before.

You didn’t know about either Achievement Chests nor Achieve Point increase.

Dont call BS here.

Reaper – Anguîsh

LHound.8964

You want the truth?

I’d have never noticed. I’d actually forgotten the leader boards existed in the first place. All I can see is that Anet gave me 300 APs for my years in GW which take me a bit more than halfway to the next chest but now people that didn’t play Guild Wars seem to think Anet should take that reward from me because of a leader board I forgot existed in the first place.

You dodged the question VOLKON! Do you believe it’s fair for that other guy?

PS: And answering your question, you have gain 300 AP :p

^

Agree completely. And if you just must have those 500 points, Guild Wars is still up an running and active. Go get them. It’s not like you can’t. They are there for anyone who wants to do exactly the same thing for exactly the same reward.

They haven’t “given” anything to anyone that can’t be had by anyone else. So stop whining and go earn them.

OK, first of all, please, STOP with the “Go Play GW1 and earn the points” line of counter. You know as well as I do that the amount of time that would take is huge, and that time is better spent in GW2. So knock it off, you look foolish.

^quoted for truth!

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

CharrGirl.7896

No you were getting it either for yourself, or the stuff which was promised before.

Dont call BS here.

Nope I didn’t know about em but what is essentially wrong with that? How in the world are you competing with other players but getting few gold and weapon skins? You know who cares? Only people who like to show off stuff and have to prove by any cost they have better shinies then the rest.

If it’s so important to you, or any1 – buy GW1, log in and work on those points. And try getting 50 points – I can guarantee you that it’s almost like making a legendary if not harder.

VOLKON.1290

That’s actually hard to answer simply because I don’t think fairness is applicable at all. Some guy across town spent all spring in his garden and has a really nice crop of tomatoes. Is that fair to people that love fresh tomatoes and don’t have tomato plants? Fair is irrelevant. I’m not competing with that other guy whether or not he’s under the illusion of competing with me. I spent the time tending my garden without knowing or caring if he existed. How is it unfair if I enjoy fresh tomatoes?

(Side note… I had a hard time typing “garden” thanks to GW2… kept starting out as guard…)

#TeamJadeQuarry

Shakki.3219

Dont call BS here.

Nope I didn’t know about em but what is essentially wrong with that? How in the world are you competing with other players but getting few gold and weapon skins? You know who cares? Only people who like to show off stuff and have to prove by any cost they have better shinies then the rest.

If it’s so important to you, or any1 – buy GW1, log in and work on those points. And try getting 50 points – I can guarantee you that it’s almost like making a legendary if not harder.

I got the HoM points, i played GW1 since release, i’m talking for other people who can’t make it because of lack of players. I bet its so much fun to do everything with NPC’s.. especially if u start from zero.

Reaper – Anguîsh

Chuo.4238

Dont call BS here.

I got the HoM points, i played GW1 since release, i’m talking for other people who can’t make it because of lack of players. I bet its so much fun to do everything with NPC’s.. especially if u start from zero.

There are a lot more than 8 people complaining about it. If they all got Guild Wars, they could have a full party for almost everything.

LHound.8964

That’s actually hard to answer simply because I don’t think fairness is applicable at all. Some guy across town spent all spring in his garden and has a really nice crop of tomatoes. Is that fair to people that love fresh tomatoes and don’t have tomato plants? Fair is irrelevant. I’m not competing with that other guy whether or not he’s under the illusion of competing with me. I spent the time tending my garden without knowing or caring if he existed. How is it unfair if I enjoy fresh tomatoes?

(Side note… I had a hard time typing “garden” thanks to GW2… kept starting out as guard…)

Although you are not competing, the competition exists. Therefore whether you like it or not, you are competing!

A better analogy is this one:

We are all in a Bicycle race (i.g: tour de france). Those who have won a previous race, are entitled to a yellow shirt! The yellow shirt for it’s own shows the prestige of that runner! However, the wearer of the yellow shirt don’t start ahead of the rest, because that would not be fair! Doing so, is creating a handicap for the rest of those in the competition!

Because it is a competition, it should be fair for all, and so all start from the same starting line!

Obviously if i want to join the race later, i will finish it at last! (to those who says it also can’t be fair to who start gw2 later…)

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

Chuo.4238

Although you are not competing, the competition exists. Therefore whether you like it or not, you are competing!

A better analogy is this one:

We are all in a Bicycle race (i.g: tour de france). Those who have won a previous race, are entitled to a yellow shirt! The yellow shirt for it’s own shows the prestige of that runner! However, the wearer of the yellow shirt don’t start ahead of the rest, because that would not be fair! Doing so, is creating a handicap for the rest of those in the competition!

Because it is a competition, it should be fair for all, and so all start from the same starting line!

Obviously if i want to join the race later, i will finish it at last! (to those who says it also can’t be fair to who start gw2 later…)

Well…Guild Wars was available to everyone at exactly the same time back in 2005, if I remember.

Unless, of course, you weren’t born yet, in which case perhaps take it up with your parents, and not ArenaNet…maybe they can get those 500 points for you, and this would be fair?

Oy vey…