500 AP for GW1 Hall of Monuments Intended?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

If it means that much to you, you can still go to GW1 and complete them.

This “argument” is invalid, since it requires another game. I am playing GW2 here and all achievements should be obtainable through the GW2 interface only. Once you can go into the GW1 world through the GW2 interface and complete the HoM there, great – until then, keep HoM off the achievement points.

There have been many games apart from Guild Wars which had prequels and sequels. But none that I know of made anything from a previous game affect the following, just a few examples of games with multiple versions: Civilisation, Settlers, Neverwinter Nights, The Elder Scrolls, Diablo…
Therefore Guild Wards is already pretty unique here, handing some rewards in the sequel to the players of the prequel. Sadly the devs made a poor choice of reward this time by using the achievement points, but surely something they could easily fix: HoM points to 0, and send the real rewards by mail.

In your opinion the argument is invalid. You are entitled to your opinion, but others have a different opinion, including the game publisher, who out ranks you.

ShiningSquirrel.3751

99% of the rewards from the gw1 HoM are garbage. In fact the majority of gw1 players we’re kitten ed off at how terrible the rewards were given the insane amount of work that was required to achieve them and what -we thought- we were getting. I think 500 Ap is totally fair.

I’d say the HoM rewards as long term achievements could be compared to long term GW2 achievements, like the WvW achievements: Yakslapper for example requires “only” to kill 1 000 000 dolyaks. Let’s do some math:
You do nothing but running around killing dolyaks. Given the respawn time and paths you’d have to run, you can – on average – get one dolyak every 2 or 3 minutes. This makes for about 20-30 dolyaks per hour.

Say, you play the game 8 hours per day for 365 days, then doing nothing else but killing dolyaks all day round it’d take you between 11 and 17 YEARS to complete this achievement alone, worth a total of 56 achievement points.

Compared to HoM, which takes maybe a year or two dedicated playing, this means HoM should be worth around 1/10 to 1/8 of 56 GW2 achievement points, which means a total of 5 to 7 AP total – a value everyone can relate to, I hope.

You need to go and look at some of the achievements in GW1 as obviously you have no clue what you are talking about.

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

*Ahem

http://www.guildwars.com/products/eyeofthenorth/default.php

Quote directly from the page:
~Forge Your Legacy Now for Guild Wars 2™!

~Your own Hall of Monuments: a personalized trophy chamber where your achievements can become rewards for your Guild Wars 2 characters—only available in Eye of the North

quoting this for the misinformed people who are still making unreasonable demands.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Well, the WvW achievements are seriously undervalued for their effort. Which only underscores the general problem with leaderboard design and why it was never really competitive in the first place.

The achievement leader board is for informational purposes only. It’s not competitive. If you think it is that’s your first mistake and frankly, your problem.

You are proven wrong by one detail there. If the leaderboards were not competitive, then there would not be a “rank” involved.

Well, you can “compete” for rank and points. It’s just those are completely meaningless (apart from rewards). The fact that you are higher than someone else at leaderboards doesn’t mean that you are a better player, or more dedicated one, or any other form of comparison between you two. If everyone got a random amount of points every hour of play, the end effect would be exactly as valid as it is now (in fact, it would be more comparable than what we have now). Why would anyone insist on treating such ranks seriously is beyond me.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: Rammie.2843

Rammie.2843

AP leadersboards… Or rather, leaderboards in general. If you care (a lot) for those you might need to re-check the priorities you set yourself in life. Then again, maybe I am getting too old to be into the kitten contests. Play as you please, and be glad that you won’t have to see you’re #1 at time wasted when the ride is over.

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

My daily “This thread is pointless and ArenaNet isn’t going to remove the HoM achievement points” post. See you guys tomorrow.

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

Agreed, ANet aren’t going to remove the achievement points – to do so now would be ridiculous and cause even more uproar. It’s pointless to argue they should change it – what’s done is done.

You don’t have to be happy about it, but there’s little point letting it upset you more than it really needs to.

For those who didn’t play GW1 (I didn’t), and who do take the leaderboards competitively, I’m sorry that you feel cheated in some way. Your reasons are understood, and it’s up to you how you want to look at the achievement system – if it means something to you, then it means something to you.

However, don’t let being put back 500 points put you off the game. Seriously, you can make those up. If the GW1 players aren’t playing as much as you, aren’t logging the hours or doing their dailies and monthlies, well, you’ll take over again. And if they are, chances are that they were already at your level anyway. So really, after a couple of weeks, not a lot will have changed and the leaderboards will balance themselves out again. The 500 extra AP is a static thing – it can’t be added to or achieved again. So balance will resume. The only way it won’t is if you do stop playing because of this.

Ultimately, what do they mean to you? Competition or not, leaving all that aside, is the only enjoyment you get out of the game a few achievement points? Is that the only reason you log in? No? Well, as I said, give it a few weeks. If it is, then maybe you should take a step back and readress what is really in the game at all for you. I would never play a game solely for the AP.

Posted by: Curuglas.1847

Curuglas.1847

Rank is simply a term, it means nothing, but nice try. Again, nothing to fix, it is as it was intended to be.

You assume too much. Every word has at least one meaning, and a rank usually means there is a ranking involved, which leads to a certain form of competition. And whether it’s intended or not is still one of the core issues here, far from being written in stone.

You hit it right on the head, “the few” that care about the leader boards. That sums it up right there. Thank you for proving our point for us.

Interesting how you are trying to twist my words so you can reflect your opinion onto them. Obviously there are only very few in this thread who don’t care about leaderboards and HoM. If you don’t care about it, then why are you trying to defend the achievement point for HoM? There is nothing to it but the points. There are no associated rewards that couldn’t be put into HoM in itself without having to mess up the score.

In your opinion the argument is invalid. You are entitled to your opinion, but others have a different opinion, including the game publisher, who out ranks you.

Well, as of now the publisher has not made its opinion clear, as HoM points might have been a mistake still to be remedied.
Of course everything is subjective and is part of an opinion. Yet there are some hard facts that are irrefutable, and one of those facts is, that GW1 and GW2 by itself are seperate games, with seperate interfaces, seperate content, seperate accounts etc.

You need to go and look at some of the achievements in GW1 as obviously you have no clue what you are talking about.

No, I did not enjoy playing GW1 (as opposed to GW2, which is a lot better in most aspects), so I do not know what kind of achievements there are. But I derived from previous postings in this thread that 50/50 HoM should take about a year or two of dedicated playing, and with dedicated I calculated 8 hours per day, every day, all year long. Even if HoM took 3 years, the comparison to a long term achievement in GW2 still is valid, so the range of HoM points compared to this one should be 5 to 10 achievement points – tops.

Curuglas.1847

quoting this for the misinformed people who are still making unreasonable demands.

Thank you. This proves the point really – HoM achievements were converted to GW2 rewards for your characters (meaning: skins, pets, items, etc.) not to become converted to GW2 achievement points (which are not character-bound).

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Thank you. This proves the point really – HoM achievements were converted to GW2 rewards for your characters (meaning: skins, pets, items, etc.) not to become converted to GW2 achievement points (which are not character-bound).

It does not really matter but HOM achievments are account wide too in gw2

Posted by: Curse Drew.8679

Curse Drew.8679

i played gw1 since release for probably 3 years maybe more, but i stopped playing right before eye of the north was released. It is all baised on HoM and since i didnt buy that EOTN expansion i get nothing, yet i have thousands of hours logged into that game. Kinda thinking of buying it now, because im super rich and have alot of titles. I’m pretty sure i can get all 50 hom points, without much effort. Idk. I really don’t like not being rewarded anything though.

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

Wouldn’t it be great if they gave the GW1 players another 500 points just because of the complaining in this thread?

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

Ok, inflammatory post aside, this is MY PERSONAL OPINION. It’s entirely possible that others share this opinion, and if so mores the power to you.

And my opinion is this… I don’t give a squat about the leader board, and the points that are awarded for achievements are simply a nice side effect of my playing the game. The in game rewards I get for those points are nice, and I admit I’ll use them. However, what does the leader board give me? Absolutely diddly, nothing, zero, zilch, zip, and a whole ladda nadda.
Am I grateful to ANet for giving me extra points for GW1? Yes, but I would have earned those 300 points eventually (yes, only 300. I wasn’t particularly thrilled with the grind necessary for 50 in HoM).
Now, as to the points. I don’t play the game to earn achievement points. I play because I enjoy the game. If I purposefully earn achievements, it’s because there is an in game reward that goes with that achievement that I want. Just for example, let’s take Bazaar of the Four Winds. I wanted the Crystal Node, and so I set about getting the necessary number of achievements to unlock it. I did NOT do the achievements that gave the most points, I did the easiest achievements I could.
Again, it is MY PERSONAL OPINION that the leader board does nothing but give people something to argue about, and honestly I wouldn’t mind if ANet removed it entirely. Thank you and have a good day.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: Adam.4103

Adam.4103

I suppose you non GW1 players want the HoM skins as well? I’ve seen it being brought up plenty times before. The entitlement in this thread is out of control.

Virtual achievement points are worthless, you gain nothing from competing at the top of the leader board.

Adam The Vanquisher
Gandara

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

I suppose you non GW1 players want the HoM skins as well? I’ve seen it being brought up plenty times before. The entitlement in this thread is out of control.

Virtual achievement points are worthless, you gain nothing from competing at the top of the leader board.

LOL, while I’d love the HoM skins, I’m not at all demanding them.

The entitlement goes both ways – some people would rather the GW1 guys didn’t get the AP, and some GW1 vets have actually asked for more.

Generally, I am all for dropping the subject altogether and everyone realising that it doesn’t really make a lot of difference. If you’re playing the game because you enjoy it, then that’s all that really matters.

Posted by: Stik.1983

Stik.1983

Guys, I’m sorry – I don’t read full thread, but do we have any official response about HoM achievements? I can’t find it.
And why we have no information about this change in patch notes?

Btw, I’m agree with topic starter coz i have 9.4k AP and my place in EU ladder became 750+ instead of ~500 before patch.

Posted by: danielrjones.8759

danielrjones.8759

The problem I see with the math is even the people at the top of the board do not have every possible achievement. Nor does it take every achievement in GW1 to get 50/50 I could be wrong but I think the handful of people that did have every achievement in GW1, there may have been some underhanded things going on. Like botting, dupping. For those who did manage to get all of them, you would need to find out their hours.
When I stopped playing GW1 I had about 12k hours on my main account and was still lacking 3 of the achievements. That is why I question your math.

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Well, to take away the points would be to take away the rewards chests people have already received, so don’t expect that to happen, especially with the 5K chests being available today.

You know what’s really going to cause people to rage meaninglessly? When they adjust the WvW achievement points to be on par with PvE ones, giving more significant rewards for the time and efforts of WvW players. I’ll bet the rage thread by the few that think the leaderboard matters will dwarf this one and only be matched by the lack of care about a leaderboard by the WvW players who will be appreciating the recognition by ANet.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

I feel that this little change made many people realise, how awful “gw1 vets” are. All these posts about, how much stuff you should get, because you played different game… it’s just stupid.

I’m sick of your attitude, so called “gw1 vets”. From whole thread it looks like you’re a better race, because you played another game before. [sic!]

As for leaderboards: no one should change the rules of a match in the middle of it. If you’re doing such things, you should either make it more viable method of measurment, how much I invested in this game, or delete it. There’s no leaderboard that makes sense now. PvP? You still get matched with random ranked players. WvW? Same thing. AP? I can’t compete with people, who had played gw1.

But if leaderboards stay unchanged… What’s next? Maybe ANet should start giving 100 AP fo every 1000 gems, bought with real money? “gw1 vets” should say it’s a good idea, because everyone, who supports ANet, should get more and more rewards for doing it.

Holy crap. That’s probably the most venomous spiel of jealousy I’ve ever read >_>

If you feel that badly about folks having played this game’s predecessor when you haven’t, then go get and play it. Not that hard…

Posted by: Estic.8647

Estic.8647

Guys, I’m sorry – I don’t read full thread, but do we have any official response about HoM achievements? I can’t find it.

Btw, I’m agree with topic starter coz i have 9.4k AP and my place in EU ladder became 750+ instead of ~500 before patch.

Of course we have an official response. They raised the amount of points to 500. Period. Why do people assume this was done without forethought?

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Of course we have an official response. They raised the amount of points to 500. Period. Why do people assume this was done without forethought?

It should be clear that 500 was no accident either, with 500 being the number of points between rewards chests. Basically, for their years of effort in GW1, those that made it all the way to 50/50 get access to a rewards chest, and those with less get a nice kick down the road to one. (I received 300 pts for my 30/50, for example.)

#TeamJadeQuarry

danielrjones.8759

Volkon, I feel the WvW ap should be adjusted. As they are now they are pretty unfair to those you focus primarily on that part of the game. I don’t do much WvW and if and when they do adjust them. I will not complain. imho it would be the right thing to do. But yeah the kitten will really hit the fan when they do. And people will try to justify their time in pve is more important than WvW and Anet made yet another error.

ShiningSquirrel.3751

No, I did not enjoy playing GW1 (as opposed to GW2, which is a lot better in most aspects), so I do not know what kind of achievements there are. But I derived from previous postings in this thread that 50/50 HoM should take about a year or two of dedicated playing, and with dedicated I calculated 8 hours per day, every day, all year long. Even if HoM took 3 years, the comparison to a long term achievement in GW2 still is valid, so the range of HoM points compared to this one should be 5 to 10 achievement points – tops.

Like I said, you need to go and look at what achievements there where as you have no idea what you are talking about. I will give you a quick run down. There are more then 50 achievements, 50/50 simply means you got at least 50 of the 50 that are counted. It is just like the dailies, you pick and choose which achievements you want to do. There are achievements that could only be worked on for a few days a year, that could take decades to finish using your example of time played. I am not even going to respond to any of your posts in the future as it is clear you do not know what your are talking about and have no wish to find out. You seem to want to just pull made up numbers out of thin air without even looking first. So have fun, you can keep complaining all you want, but the 15 or so of you who are so upset are just wasting your time.
Myself? I am going to go play the game.

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Volkon, I feel the WvW ap should be adjusted. As they are now they are pretty unfair to those you focus primarily on that part of the game. I don’t do much WvW and if and when they do adjust them. I will not complain. imho it would be the right thing to do. But yeah the kitten will really hit the fan when they do. And people will try to justify their time in pve is more important than WvW and Anet made yet another error.

I agree, the WvW/PvP numbers should be the main focus. They take at least some skill and mean much more then how many PvE achievements anyone has. And as a side note, I do not WvW or PvP at all, can’t stand it.

Posted by: Obsidian.1328

Obsidian.1328

To all who think the Achievement Points are a competition…

Grow up.

It’s ridiculous that 1% of the player population has to call fowl on such a meaningless, yes meaningless, awards system. Good grief people, how in the world do you make a competition out of insanely random participation activities. I know a few of you think that leaderboard matters in some wacky, irrational way. But it doesn’t.

We can’t tell you how to play the game? Ok, then you can’t tell everyone else they’re a bunch of cheating free-loaders for being given pointless points by a game company. Ya’ll need to do one simple thing…

Get it out of your heads that this thing matters…at all.

It’s absolutely meaningless as any form of competition. Period. And if you think otherwise you are suffering from, as Han Solo once said, delusions of grandeur.

Seriously…get over yourselves.

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

Grow up.

It’s ridiculous that 1% of the player population has to call fowl on such a meaningless, yes meaningless, awards system. Good grief people, how in the world do you make a competition out of insanely random participation activities. I know a few of you think that leaderboard matters in some wacky, irrational way. But it doesn’t.

We can’t tell you how to play the game? Ok, then you can’t tell everyone else they’re a bunch of cheating free-loaders for being given pointless points by a game company. Ya’ll need to do one simple thing…

It’s absolutely meaningless as any form of competition. Period. And if you think otherwise you are suffering from, as Han Solo once said, delusions of grandeur.

This entire post can be summed up to:

“I missed the patch a couple weeks back that added in game item and account based rewards for achievement points”.

=D

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

Well, to take away the points would be to take away the rewards chests people have already received, so don’t expect that to happen, especially with the 5K chests being available today.

If the wanted to remove them, they just needed to wait until everyone received the rewards and then do just that!

You know what’s really going to cause people to rage meaninglessly? When they adjust the WvW achievement points to be on par with PvE ones, giving more significant rewards for the time and efforts of WvW players. I’ll bet the rage thread by the few that think the leaderboard matters will dwarf this one and only be matched by the lack of care about a leaderboard by the WvW players who will be appreciating the recognition by ANet.

No problem there. It’s their hardwork in Gw2 that made them get higher rank in the leaderboard! Different type of rage i suppose!

The funny fact is why they enhanced the ap’s when no1 asked for them. What have they seen? How that contradicts what has been said about rewarding gw1 vets, how that mind for those who care about the leaderboard. Their reasoning, that’s the thing i would like an answer from ANet!

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

Posted by: Obsidian.1328

Obsidian.1328

Grow up.

This entire post can be summed up to:

“I missed the patch a couple weeks back that added in game item and account based rewards for achievement points”.

=D

LOL

Nice try, but I could care less. If I could give my points away I would. :P

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

(edited by Obsidian.1328)

Curuglas.1847

When they adjust the WvW achievement points to be on par with PvE ones, giving more significant rewards for the time and efforts of WvW players.

Not at all. This would be ok, if the time it’d take to achieve those points are taken into account. But this would still mean HoM values to 0, since you had to spend 0 time in GW2 to get those points…

And as long as it’s points from GW2 only, that’s fine.

Posted by: denny.8350

denny.8350

When they adjust the WvW achievement points to be on par with PvE ones, giving more significant rewards for the time and efforts of WvW players.

Not at all. This would be ok, if the time it’d take to achieve those points are taken into account. But this would still mean HoM values to 0, since you had to spend 0 time in GW2 to get those points…

I disagree…

Curuglas.1847

Maybe ANet should start giving 100 AP fo every 1000 gems, bought with real money?

LOL, somehow I like the thought of that, if we want to mess up, why not mess up big? xD

And to be clear on this: Yes, I have bought gems, and, seriously, I would not want any points “awarded” for this.

denny.8350

Maybe ANet should start giving 100 AP fo every 1000 gems, bought with real money?

LOL, somehow I like the thought of that, if we want to mess up, why not mess up big? xD

And to be clear on this: Yes, I have bought gems, and, seriously, I would not want any points “awarded” for this.

That was sarcasm ;-)

Curuglas.1847

In fact, that is not a response but an issue. Sometimes devs try something that might have sounded like a good idea on paper, but in reality became not too good an idea – but they actually learn from those experiences and end up fixing things. And this issue is easily fixed, too.

As for points awarded, or chests already received, they could do this similarly but reversed to the WvW chests, meaning after they removed the points, you’d simply have to earn those points before progressing further up into the achievement points.

denny.8350

You can tell they thought it out since the first chest is 500 AP and the amount you get for 50/50 is…. drum roll please 500 AP. So if it was in the game from the beginning if you got 50/50 you would start the game with 500 AP. ANet is genius really.

Curuglas.1847

It is just like the dailies, you pick and choose which achievements you want to do. There are achievements that could only be worked on for a few days a year, that could take decades to finish using your example of time played.

If this was true, then no one would have 50/50, since they obviously did not spend decades on this (EotN release 2007) – your argument is flawed.

Since my example took into account for players to play the game 8 hours per day, every day of the year, they surely would find the time it takes to get on those time limited achievements as well.

q.e.d.

Curuglas.1847

That was sarcasm ;-)

Shhh, don’t tell them, they wouldn’t have noticed…

Curuglas.1847

You can tell they thought it out since the first chest is 500 AP

As a matter of fact the first chest is @100 AP, the second is @500 AP, and every following chest is yet another 500 AP further up.

(edited by Curuglas.1847)

denny.8350

Then it should be 1000 AP since that is the first relevant chest. ANet I love what you did with the AP and the chests we receive for them, however I think you should consider raising 50/50 to 1000 AP so it allows the achievers to receive a large chest. Thanks,

Curuglas.1847

I think you should consider raising 50/50 to 1000 AP so it allows the achievers to receive a large chest. Thanks,

And yet another ugly example for aforementioned greed

denny.8350

And have no idea that asking to remove the 500 AP ANet gave GW1 50/50 vets is equally ugly, petty, and greedy? You sir are a hypocrite.

denny.8350

I think you should consider raising 50/50 to 1000 AP so it allows the achievers to receive a large chest. Thanks,

Actually its generosity… I am not a 50/50 GWAMM!

Posted by: Crikk.3854

Crikk.3854

Late to the party, but I figured I’d add my 50 cents…
PvP and WvW already have leaderboards, so I think that the AP leaderboard should be for PvE only. As such, any points from PvP Dailies/Monthlies/titles and same for WvW should be NOT included so that you get a true measure of PvE accomplishements!
Is that going to happen? Hell no. Since I rarely PvP or WvW, I’m unlikely to crack the top 1000 (although I’m close). Is this the end of the world? No.
ANet was just rewarding dedicated fans of Tyria. If you’re jealous of the extra points that GW1 players got, I hope you’re also QQ’ing about the minis and kites that people who spent money buying gems got because it’s the same kitten thing — ANet rewarding loyal fans.
While you’re at it, why don’t you ask that any points earned during the 3-day head start be dropped too? That was also “unfair” to anyone who didn’t pre-order, wasn’t it?
Oh… And I’m going on a 2-week vacation soon and won’t be able to play, so can ANet please turn off all AP advancement for everyone else because that’s not fair to me either! :P
TLDR version: grow up and get over it!

danielrjones.8759

Yes eotn came out 07 but many people already had many of the achievements required to fill the hom. So people have already been working a couple years on an hom they were unaware of.
It wasn’t until eotn came out with the hom then they were able to put them in. Prophecies, factions and nightfall were each stand alone games. eotn was the only expansion. however any achievement gained in any of the 3 stand alone games could be applied to eotn.

One could argue with the same logic being used against the points in gw2, its not fair to those would only bought prophecies and eton. because they could not get all the achievements unless they bought the other 2 “completely” different games. To gain 50/50 did require one to purchase 3 “completely separate” games plus an expansion. To get the 500 points one needs to buy 4 completely separate games plus an expansion. Which the expansion could be applied to any of the 3 completely separate games. Now it can be applied to 4 completely separate games. All from the same company, go figure
So its not fair that some people were able to get 50/50 and others were not able to unless they bought 3 COMPLETELY SEPERATE games. <sarcasm>

(edited by danielrjones.8759)

danielrjones.8759

Curuglas, your constant use of the word greed. Can you not see most GW vets asking for more are just trying to goad you to respond. And you fall for it every time.

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

Because he was obviously being serious.

ShiningSquirrel.3751

It is just like the dailies, you pick and choose which achievements you want to do. There are achievements that could only be worked on for a few days a year, that could take decades to finish using your example of time played.

If this was true, then no one would have 50/50, since they obviously did not spend decades on this (EotN release 2007) – your argument is flawed.

Since my example took into account for players to play the game 8 hours per day, every day of the year, they surely would find the time it takes to get on those time limited achievements as well.

q.e.d.

Seriously? Are you just trying to play games are do you really have reading comprehension issues? There are NOT 50 achievements in total. There are well over a dozen achievements left AFTER you get 50/50. You can do any 50 of the achievements available to get 50/50, just like you can do any 5 of the 11 dailies to get 5/5. You really are completely clueless how the achievements in GW1 worked or for that fact, anything about them. Your lack of knowledge invalidates your whole argument. You can’t have a discussion if you do not even know the most basic facts about the subject. You can keep posting “your wrong” to every post every other player makes, but it only shows your lack of knowledge on the subject. And to be clear, technically there where no achievements in GW1 at all, they where titles. Some of the points you received in HoM where for owning specific weapons , miniatures or armor as well. Using the term “achievements” is only for the GW2 players who are unfamiliar with how GW1 worked.
Bottom line, you can belly ache all you want, anet is not going to make changes for a couple of players who are clueless and refuse to use common sense.
Try this, go stand in the middle of Lions Arch and ask in map chat how many players are upset about the leaderboard and the APs. Take screenshots of your responses and post them here.
BTW, can you explain with your magical math skills, how a player could find a way to work on achievements when the very event that you needed to get the achievement was gone until the next year? If you can somehow do that, I would like to know as there are a couple of the Halloween events that I would like to do today, but can’t seem to find them?

(edited by ShiningSquirrel.3751)

danielrjones.8759

ShiningSquirrel. I completely agree 99.9 % of the negative comments are from those who are completely ignorant as to how the hom works how it tied in with all "4"games. Prophecies/Factions/Nightfall/GW2 saying this part again as some are unable to grasp. Each of those 4 games is a completely different stand alone game.

As I said. If they want to argue about GW2 being a completely separate game. They need to go back to Factions. As it was a completely separate stand alone game. Then to Nightfall.
You are correct, they are titles. I only used the word achievements in GW1 because it seemed many people could not grasp how that worked. Or refused to grasp.
I have one account that only has Prophecies and EoTN.
Its not fair I can’t have 50/50 on that account. woe is me. because I have the same game as everyone else. again sarcasm. but that’s the extent of the whining I’m hearing.

I keep using the completely different game over and over because that’s how most people try to validate the argument. Just want to point out. The 500 points require all 4 completely different stand alone games to have applied.

Posted by: Halandir.3609

Halandir.3609

Review topic… Add new achievement@500 pts “Legendary whiner” : Problem solved

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

*Ahem

http://www.guildwars.com/products/eyeofthenorth/default.php

Quote directly from the page:
~Forge Your Legacy Now for Guild Wars 2™!

~Your own Hall of Monuments: a personalized trophy chamber where your achievements can become rewards for your Guild Wars 2 characters—only available in Eye of the North

As noted above. This is a reward for only those who purchased Eye of the North. So go out and buy the game, and enjoy your extra points. Be warned – filling your HoM isn’t easy.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

I’m not sure if you just can’t read, are very stubborn or both, but through the last 13 pages at least 100 people have told you that Anet said from the very beginning that they’d be rewarding GW1 players in GW2. This isn’t something that just popped up.

If by now you aren’t grasping that they aren’t going to revoke these achievements or points associated with HoM then I just don’t know what else to tell ya.